Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Walking away after the England tour would have been an extremely selfish decision" : Misbah-ul-Haq

After two tough Test series, in Australia and New Zealand, Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq spoke to Saj Sadiq about where his side went wrong and his plans for retirement, in the first of a two-part interview...

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2949
Size:  57.9 KB

Q: Why do you feel that preparations for the New Zealand and Australia tours were poor and inadequate?

A: As you know, we played a series against West Indies in UAE and at its conclusion, we pretty much jumped on to a flight and flew off to New Zealand. The conditions in both countries are completely different so that didn't help our situation either.

Unfortunately, we did not have the time for preparations for this tour in the same way we had for the England tour. You cannot blame anyone for this but the fact is that we had a busy schedule.

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  61.4 KB

The only warm-up game we had in New Zealand was washed out and then we went in to play Tests where we immediately came under pressure. The same scenario played out in Australia where we simply lacked the time to prepare for the Test series.

It was completely different for our England tour where we had two side games and ample time to prepare ourselves. The other point I would like to make is that Pakistan were visiting Australia for the first time in six years; it is not simply possible to perform at the highest level for most of the players without spending a longer length of time in those countries before the start of the series.

Mickey Arthur has been criticised for his show of emotions during games. Do you think this criticism is fair?

Every coach has his own style and nature which he brings to the fore when he takes on the position of the head coach.

One thing about Mickey is that he never hides his emotions. He is the kind of human who will go overboard with praise when you do well but will also show displeasure when he sees something which he doesn't like.

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 2087
Size:  46.8 KB

What he is trying to do is to adjust the culture of the Pakistan team to a more disciplined version where fitness is very important. Overall, Mickey wants to modernise the approach of the Pakistan teams.

Of course, this cannot happen overnight and it will take time; it won't be easy. We really have no choice but to follow this path if we wish to compete with the top teams in the world.

Is there a part of you which regrets not announcing your retirement after the end of the England tour last year?

A: It would have been extremely easy for me at the end of a successful Test series against England to have announced the end of my career. That would have been the selfish thing to do, to avoid the stress of very difficult international tours to New Zealand and Australia.

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 2075
Size:  75.0 KB

That would have been an easy way out. But what was needed for the Pakistan team at that point in time was for me to take on the challenge of these tough tours despite us being crowned the No 1 Test team in September. In fact, I was receiving a lot of advice from people to quit and leave on a high note.

To this day, I am convinced that walking away at that time would have been an extremely selfish decision. The kind of message it would have sent to the younger generation would have been that if the tour is a difficult one, simply pack your bags and leave.

My view was that I will take on the challenge and go on the tour of Australia. If we end up on the losing side, then so be it - but we will go in with a positive mindset and accept the challenge and fight it out there.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 2086
Size:  111.5 KB

The result may or may not have gone in our favour but what we would have shown to the next generation of our cricketers is that just because things looked tougher, we gave up and saved our own reputations.

I believe you should make a stand and fight it out without worrying about the results and that is why I decided to stay on as captain and a player after the England tour.

So have you now given a thought to your retirement? Have you set yourself a target retirement date?

To be honest, I haven't made any decision yet. I am still thinking about it as there is still some time to make that call. I will say this, that like always, I am receiving a lot of advice from others about what I should do.

Of course, one cannot ignore what is being said on this subject but you really must analyse the situation by yourself.

You need to ask yourself if you have the will to continue playing or whether it's time to call it a day. This is a key factor for me to make the right decision and I will be giving it due consideration.

What is tougher at this age, physically preparing for an international tour/match or mentally preparing for it?

I think both aspects are important. You may be physically in top form but if you are not mentally prepared then life can become very difficult. At the end of the day, the mental side of things is crucial.

To me, it is important that first you have to get ready mentally to make a commitment that you will go ahead with your plans and then you can work on the physical side of things to back those intentions.

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 74073
Size:  57.6 KB

Do you have anyone in mind as your successor as the captain of the Pakistan Test team?

This is simply a decision for the Pakistan Cricket Board. We already have Azhar Ali who is the vice-captain of the Test side and Sarfraz Ahmed who is the captain of the T20I side, but whoever is chosen as the next captain will need to have the full support of the Pakistan Cricket Board.

With time and the backing of the team management, any player can take on this role and learn the skills needed to be the leader. However, once again, let me stress that it is up to the board to take that decision.

There must be huge concerns for the Pakistan Test team once Younis Khan and you retire. Do you think adequate replacements are there and ready to step in?

In a way, this is like when Mohammad Yousuf and Inzamam-ul-Haq left the team - we did not have their ready replacements as well. Of course, even today, we cannot find exact replacements for such excellent batsmen.

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 2069
Size:  64.3 KB

But the fact is that players will leave and the youngsters will have to step up and fill the gap and I can assure you that it will happen but it will also take time to make that happen.

I am not worried or concerned about who will replace Younis or myself as players will come and go but the places they leave open will be filled by able and talented youngsters.

http://www.skysports.com/cricket/new...for-retirement

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I appreciate his POV. But a new captain could have had the series against West Indies to prepare. I know he says conditions are to blame and he would know that better than us fans. Maybe in NZ conditions were indeed an issue. But not Australia: the pitches were true, we negotiated both their pacers well, but we fell apart from positions where we should not have lost the match. And really that was all down to mental strength or lack of. He earned his choice to go to ANZ, but I really wish he had not made the choice to go.

My wider issue is the kind of message this sends to the current next gen seniors in the team: Azhar Ali, Sarfaraz, Shafiq. That they still need hand holding by a couple of 40 year olds. it is no wonder some our 50 test veterans often show lack of self-confidence.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even Kohli was given captaincy in the middle of an Aus tour. They lost, but look at his team now. It was a good experience for Kohli and it could've been for Azhar.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You've served us well legend.

Time to go now.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should retire soon. Has been a great servant for Pakistan. Hopefully both him and Younis can move on after the end of this West Indies series. And we can start blooding newer/younger players.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah, your WI tour will be selfish act

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah i agree with you misbah, but for the love of God now it is even more selfish that you haven't retired after the Oz tour.

We Have Good Players Just Need to Find Good Selectors

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your holding onto the captaincy after the disastrous tour of Australia reeks of selfishness, Misbah.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely selfish attitude, after leading us through so much humiliation in last 4 months, he is still looking for an opportunity to delay his retirement. He was expected to retire the moment he touched down at Pakistan soil after the disaster tour of New Zealand and Australia.

Hope selectors will not ask him, will just drop him. Has earned lots of respect but lost all due to sheer greed.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is he acting like he has done a favor to the nation? He gets a very handsome salary package, perks, PR and what not despite repeatedly failing in big tournaments? He should retire and go home. Pak cricket has been damaged enough by his mediocre captaincy and pathetic legacy in the shape of his buddies Younis and Azhar.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's spot on. Had he left after the England series, the same people calling for his head now and questioning his decision to lead the side in NZ and Aus would have been terming him as a coward and badmouthing him for 'running away' from a tough tour just so he could ride off into the sunset. And ex pros like Yousuf would be having a field day. Oh the hypocrisy.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbah surely shouldn't be playing the entire Test seires against WI. At most if he wants a final game before leaving he should play 1 Test and let someone like Usman Salahuddin get a go in the remaining games. I'd be gutted if no new batsmen is given a chance on that tour just because YK and Misbah are struggling to let go.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    He's spot on. Had he left after the England series, the same people calling for his head now and questioning his decision to lead the side in NZ and Aus would have been terming him as a coward and badmouthing him for 'running away' from a tough tour just so he could ride off into the sunset. And ex pros like Yousuf would be having a field day. Oh the hypocrisy.
    I'm surprised he has courage to even talk about going to West Indies after the disastrous tour of NZL and Australia . Is this nothing but extreme selfishness. I had a lot of respect for him after what he had done for Pakistan cricket in the past , not anymore. He is behaving like a selfish human being who wants to continue to enjoy the perks come with captaincy.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moghul View Post
    I'm surprised he has courage to even talk about going to West Indies after the disastrous tour of NZL and Australia . Is this nothing but extreme selfishness. I had a lot of respect for him after what he had done for Pakistan cricket in the past , not anymore. He is behaving like a selfish human being who wants to continue to enjoy the perks come with captaincy.
    I completely agree that he should call it a day now, rather than going for glory one last time and trying to end his captaincy stint and career on a high. However, I was addressing to those posters and general public who keep on beating drums about how he should have retired immediately after the England tour. Had he done that, people would be saying the complete opposite of what they're saying now (that he ran away from the toughest challenge to date etc etc).

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It would have been a 50/50 decision to leave after the Eng tour.

Now, it is the right time to retire and let someone else takeover.

The batting is very light and can't afford to have two 40 year olds in the team, that are struggling.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now is the time to retire Misbah.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK it was selfish then but playing the WI series would also be selfish.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should just retire now. What will he gain from playing the series against WI?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Michael Vaughan really nailed it when he (as a compliment, not an insult) called Misbah a Cricket Tragic whose life revolves around the game.

To me he seems terrified of retirement.

But he is indifferent to the fact that by clinging on by his fingernails he obstructs the development of the next generation: Babar Azam arrived in Australia having played 3 Tests when it should have been 22.

It should not be up to Misbah to choose his exit. The PCB should fire him.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If retiring after England series was a selfish decision, he could have been a bit more unselfish by leaving aside his captaincy from West Indies series for the new captain. He is not the sort of guy whose intentions I doubt but he certainly is not visionary as a captain.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every one in Pakistan makes himself compulsory for the post and thought himself without him team will do nothing. We have to get out of this idea.

He is also saying that at the time of inzi and yousaf there was no replacement and yet we don't have any replacement then what, simply we loose and we are loosing having you too. So please go away and be remembered as a good player who left the team at his own.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He probably wants to go to Windies with the hope of winning the series...
    I can see it...he has 2 options; either go out now and be left with the postmark of retiring after losses to NZ and Aus or go having won the first away series against Windies in Pak history.
    People would have forgotten the NZ and Aus drubbings and he would ride into the sunset with his head held high...ok slightly tilted.
    Selfish? ....Yes.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Time to go now Misbah!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its clear that Misbah sees himself as a tragic hero who must selflessly put country and team before his own interests. Its a flawed way of thinking, but given his headstrong nature I doubt anyone can convince him that the team's interest lies in giving deserving players a chance in the middle order at the expense of his position.

The sheen is rubbing off legend. Please ride into the sunset gracefully and let us remember you for who you are: one of the best test captains we've ever had, and perhaps our best captain ever in home conditions.

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ROFL... I'm pretty sure Misbah will play till 2019 and may even come out of ODI retirement to lead Pakistan in 2019 WC, should Pakistan qualify for the event.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really wanted to help Pakistan cricket in tough situations then you should have atleast resigned as a captain after England series just to groom any youngster as a captain under your presence in the team.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I appreciate his POV. But a new captain could have had the series against West Indies to prepare. I know he says conditions are to blame and he would know that better than us fans. Maybe in NZ conditions were indeed an issue. But not Australia: the pitches were true, we negotiated both their pacers well, but we fell apart from positions where we should not have lost the match. And really that was all down to mental strength or lack of. He earned his choice to go to ANZ, but I really wish he had not made the choice to go.

My wider issue is the kind of message this sends to the current next gen seniors in the team: Azhar Ali, Sarfaraz, Shafiq. That they still need hand holding by a couple of 40 year olds. it is no wonder some our 50 test veterans often show lack of self-confidence.
    That's right, When you loose after scoring 450 runs in first innings, collapsing on last day to of all people a spinners, on a wicket that was barely turning, it has nothing to do with conditions and adjustment...Then again in Sydney, same story...Also, when your tail can score 200+ twice, how can batsmen complain about conditions?? -

If excuses were fatigue, old players, lack of fitness, I can buy those...Those are exact the problems we need to solve and stop building veterans 11, all the time...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In hindsight, it is easy to say that Misbah should have retired but at the time, the smart decision was for Misbah to continue.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    In hindsight, it is easy to say that Misbah should have retired but at the time, the smart decision was for Misbah to continue.
    Misbah can't have it both ways.

If he argues that a tour of Australia and New Zealand required him to stick around so as not to expose a young batsman or an inexperienced skipper, by the same token he should leave now so that a young batsman and a young skipper can settle in against the West Indies.

But of course he won't. He will claim that he is entitled to a farewell tour, and for his own selfish "legacy" reasons he will block up those slots in the West Indies and obstruct and delay the development of his batting and captaincy successors.

But he has done much more damage than that.

Misbah was always a player who would prefer to pick a 33 year old ahead of a 23 year old.

I can't justify why Zulfiqar Babar has continued to be picked ahead of Mohammad Asghar or - if you want a decent batting left-armer - Zafar Gohar.

(Personally I'd pick Zafar Gohar until or unless Asghar can average 15+ with the bat in all formats of the game. I won't even consider a bowler who has such a terrible batting record.)

I can't justify why Mohammad Hafeez kept being picked as a Test opener even after Sami Aslam emerged.

I can't justify why it took 23 months for Babar Azam to make his Test debut after he scored a century against the full Australian bowling line-up.

I can't justify why right-arm quicks who are slow, unfit and inaccurate like Sohail Khan and Imran Khan keep being picked.

But the answer is that Misbah rules the Test team, and Inzamam gives him the mediocre "mature" cricketers that he requests.
    Last edited by Junaids; 25th January 2017 at 03:14.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if he only toured Aus and NZ because he didn't want the next captain to have to deal with those tough tours, what's his reason for not retiring right now?

Misbah likes to portray that it's all about the team, but it's not and never has been.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I think it was the right decision to lead on the NZ and Australia tours but it would be wrong for him to go to WI. We needed his stability on the NZ and Australia tours. Too bad it didn't work out. His captaincy was weak and his batting utterly disappointing but things are always clearer in hindsight. So it's futile to blame the guy looking back at things from the vantage point of today. How many people here criticized Misbah when he decided to go on the NZ and Australian tours before he actually went? My guess would be less than 10. So let's no criticize Misbah anymore for that decision. He gave his heart and soul to it. It didn't work out at all. It happens. No need to slate him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Barnacle View Post
    So if he only toured Aus and NZ because he didn't want the next captain to have to deal with those tough tours, what's his reason for not retiring right now?

Misbah likes to portray that it's all about the team, but it's not and never has been.
    You seem to speak with great authority about someone's character you have never met.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    You seem to speak with great authority about someone's character you have never met.
    And I would say in return that having felt privileged to meet him and interview him, etc., your judgement may be biased and clouded. I'm talking about his actions and drawing conclusions from that. If you have an argument to make about why it isn't selfish to not retire now and how continuing is still about what's best for the team, then you should really be making that argument. I don't mind that he continued to tour NZ/Aus but now Pak cricket should not say that he should retire when he feels like it. That's not in the interest of our team and I said so.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    And I would say in return that having felt privileged to meet him and interview him, etc., your judgement may be biased and clouded. I'm talking about his actions and drawing conclusions from that. If you have an argument to make about why it isn't selfish to not retire now and how continuing is still about what's best for the team, then you should really be making that argument. I don't mind that he continued to tour NZ/Aus but now Pak cricket should not say that he should retire when he feels like it. That's not in the interest of our team and I said so.
    I don't feel privileged to meet or talk to Misbah. But even I balk at drawing conclusions about someone's character.

Yes, we can look at his batting stats and make judgement about his skills etc but to imply that he is captaining Pakistan due to some utlerior/sinister reason is pretty low.

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't feel privileged to meet or talk to Misbah. But even I balk at drawing conclusions about someone's character.

Yes, we can look at his batting stats and make judgement about his skills etc but to imply that he is captaining Pakistan due to some utlerior/sinister reason is pretty low.
    You're harping on about what I said about his character.

And what did I say - "Misbah likes to portray that it's all about the team, but it's not and never has been".

That's not exactly a character assassination.

Keep things in perspective.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    You're harping on about what I said about his character.

And what did I say - "Misbah likes to portray that it's all about the team, but it's not and never has been".

That's not exactly a character assassination.

Keep things in perspective.
    I am taking you on about what you posted. And I will harp on because your argument was to challenge his character.

I do know how to keep things in perspective. Sadly same cannot be said about the hysterical reactions by some.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The list of Pakistani cricketers who have left without being pushed out seems to be very small. Honestly I thought Misbah would be the opposite but he seems to be going the same way of his predecessors

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am taking you on about what you posted. And I will harp on because your argument was to challenge his character.

I do know how to keep things in perspective. Sadly same cannot be said about the hysterical reactions by some.
    If you're calling my response hysterical without even bothering to address the content (such as Misbah's future), I'd say that's more of a reflection on your emotional mindset than mine.

PS I take it you believe he should continue for the forseeable future.
    Last edited by Blistering Barnacle; 25th January 2017 at 17:59.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    If you're calling my response hysterical without even bothering to address the content (such as Misbah's future), I'd say that's more of a reflection on your emotional mindset than mine.

PS I take it you believe he should continue for the forseeable future.
    For the moment and in the interest of generosity, I will ignore you above comments so that you can continue posting on these forums.

As for whether he should continue or not, I have made my view clear in one of my threads.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its very unfortunate, Misbah is doing an Afridi here, simply just don't want to retire when noone really doesn't wants to see him in the team again.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I've posted it on an other thread..

Misbah please don't lose your grace!!! You're talking like Shehzad or Akmal...

Just accept the fact that you're getting old , your mind and reflexes aren't supporting you and that is resulting in bad performance and bad captaincy...

And when it comes to One day captaincy Sir though the team is as poor as it can get but its all about mentality a small hearted fella can never be a good leader anyone needs to take bold steps and aggressive decision to be a successful leader..

But Azhar never asked for captaincy to be given to him so Sir Misbah its your and your friend Waqar's fault that you've recommended a captain like Azhar...

The bad performance of the team is on you as well you never tried to establish players who can perform on any surfaces you just hung up onto the same bunch of guys your whole career and that resulted in bad ODI performance because the game had moved on and we got stuck onto the same bunch..

So please sir be as graceful as you've always been and just accept that you've done some mistakes as well and your career is at an end so please retire gracefully as a legend but not like this....please...
    Last edited by jeetu; 3rd February 2017 at 06:26.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    If he keeps on performing like he did yesterday against LQ then there will always be some part of him saying "stay" - lets see how this tournament goes. If he lifts the trophy again then who knows!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MenInG @Abdullah719
    Is there any news on his retirement?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    As per news reports he could well be going to West Indies as captain

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He will become once again villain in the eyes of pakistani fans if he continoue himself for w.i series.this is not good decision by Misbah . New captain would have been ideal for that tour

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess there are no selectors in Pakistan, players, even the old and failed one is deciding himself about his selection and plan. Interest and future of Pakistan cricket is the last thing in his mind, its just sad.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Seems like the Chairman is getting worked up about wanting a decision from Misbah.

No idea why the Chairman is in such a hurry. Maybe he wants to take over as captain.