Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whenever i see scorecard of domestic match . Iftikhar makes runs . maybe he was feeling pressure when he was playing International cricket

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I don't buy this "flawed" domestic system logic at every point. Yes we know the domestic cricket is bad, in the words of a poster here "it is worse than gully cricket in India", but in this particular match Ghulam and Anwar were given the same conditions the same opportunity to succeed, and one did and the other failed like no tomorrow.

My point is Ghulam may turn out to be a good bowler in the future, but some PP'ers make him to be the best thing since sliced bread, while at present he is being out-bowled by even Anwar Ali.
    The reason for people being excited about Ghulam is that he has ability. He has skill with the ball and decent pace. No one said that he is the best bowler in the country, or that he will surely succeed if he plays international cricket.

You yourself back the likes of Amir over someone like Imran because the latter simply does not have the skill, though he will perform better than Amir at times.

Let me give you a bigger sample size, by the way.

Ghulam Mudassar in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy: 25 wickets at an average of 24.2
    Anwar Ali in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy: 10 wickets at an average of 48.8

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Anwar Ali 10 2 58 1 5.80 (5w)
    Ghulam 9 0 57 0 6.33 (2w)
    He lacks control over his pace, line and length. On the other hand Anwar Ali was hammered in the end overs for 42 runs in 4 overs. Initially in the pep he had this figure 6-2-16-1. Gulam bowled some very good deliveries at good pace but kinda Rahat Ali can't finish good overs bowls 2-3 hit me balls out of control. He also needs to put on some muscles. He is very brittle at the moment.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    he is a leg side hack, and his bowling is of no use...
    I assume Pete hasn't watched enough of Iftikhar to make such a tall claim.

Iftikhar at best can only get into the T20 side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    He lacks control over his pace, line and length. On the other hand Anwar Ali was hammered in the end overs for 42 runs in 4 overs. Initially in the pep he had this figure 6-2-16-1. Gulam bowled some very good deliveries at good pace but kinda Rahat Ali can't finish good overs bowls 2-3 hit me balls out of control. He also needs to put on some muscles. He is very brittle at the moment.
    I would rather have a genuine bowler like Mudassar than a trundler gun barrel straight Anwar and Sohail Tanvir. Pakistan should identity genuinely quick and international quality bowler and back them. They will eventually come good. With Anwar and Sohail it's never ending cycle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    What to say when hacks like Iftikhar pile up the runs at domestic level...
    On what basis you are calling him Hack ? 1 Test, 2 ODI and 1T20 ? if you call Nawaz a hack I can understand but this is his 3 final I am seeing that he performed.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I would rather have a genuine bowler like Mudassar than a trundler gun barrel straight Anwar and Sohail Tanvir. Pakistan should identity genuinely quick and international quality bowler and back them. They will eventually come good. With Anwar and Sohail it's never ending cycle.
    yes i was exposing anwar ali's hammering that he got in the final overs.. he is a nothing bowler and batsman, who will be of no use in any team at the moment... Sohail tanvir atleast can swing the new ball and has a good slower ball to bowl at the death.. Sohail > Anwar ali... But both are mediocre cant have them bowl 10 overs, always will end up with 6+ RPO and not more than 2 wickets at best.. Pak should move on from these trundlers... Sohail is ok for T20Is and should be limited to that.. these two have no place in ODIs,,

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetSmart View Post
    On what basis you are calling him Hack ? 1 Test, 2 ODI and 1T20 ? if you call Nawaz a hack I can understand but this is his 3 final I am seeing that he performed.
    look at his wagon wheel, he has scored 80+ runs from the leg side. At the end overs, they set a fieldsman in cow corner and ifthikar hit nearly 5-7 times to that same place... gauhar ali was better than him, improvising and finding gaps...Modern day cricket is very tough, take sharjeel as an example, he was a leg side hack too, but quickly he improved his offside game under mickey and tasting success now... if mickey had thought he can polish ifthikar he wouldnt have been dropped and replaced by nawaz...

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    It's a cause of concern when there are no intl quality players in a side, yet it manages to win a domestic tournament.

Apart from maybe Taj Wali, who is 2x better than Junaid. Has a natural inswinger, bowled Shahzaib with that.
    Taj Wali looks like a one match wonder

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Express pacer Ghulam Mudassir smashed to all parts and picks up zero wickets.

The PP hype machine is well and truly behind this lad
    I think nearly everybody has expressed that Mudassar is very raw and has a few technical deficiencies in his action causing him to have minimal control.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khurram Manzoor is top scorer of the tournament. Evryone knows his technique of batting but some tricky jounralists of Pakistan will only highlight his figures to pressurise the PCB and cheif selector. Really tough job to be a chief selector of Pakistan.