Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 401 to 465 of 465
  1. #401
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,404
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Patriotism is for the silly especially when it comes to jamodi LOI series.

    Idea is to build a team for the big ICC competitions.
    Our middle order failed again. I think it's good we won but surely there will be changes in batting unit next game. Possibly pant will get in

  2. #402
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    A bit gutted.

    But then we won due to Bumrah. And Bumrah is future.

    So kind of happy.

    As for patriotism, I don't mind being not "patriotic". I actively rooted against Sehwag and Gambo in Aane Do series and celebrated when Junaid brutalized them.

    That so called non patriotism won my country CT 2013.

    Will take that over being happy winning games playing with players who are over the hill and useless.
    We won due to Nehra too

    So you would have hoped we lose in CT if these players werent dropped

    I am bit different.Was gutted when we lost Aane Do series and delighted when we won CT.No matter the players

    BTW,Dhoni was about to be booted then and apparently saved by Srini.Must have soured the taste of CT victory for you


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  3. #403
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Damn, thought that was sealed with a few overs to go

    Man of the match to the umpires ?
    Awful decision but bumrah would have still won it.

  4. #404
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eng doing pak, sa, a favour by choking winnable matches and allowing washout indian players to be selected continuously

  5. #405
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    134
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Amir can't do this in his lifetime, this is the real talent, period. That 5 wicket over in wt20 was in 1st inning. So don't count.

    can i say more or this is enough?


    Pakistan Zindabad

  6. #406
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Damn, thought that was sealed with a few overs to go.

    Man of the match to the umpires ?
    atleast Samsuddin came up with some "home advantage" when the pitches are only made to suit visiting teams

  7. #407
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,404
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    @Ankit007 I said it too.
    Yeah... Congrats mate... For the win and for getting it right

  8. #408
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    Our middle order failed again. I think it's good we won but surely there will be changes in batting unit next game. Possibly pant will get in
    Now no chance. Its series decider. Same team crap.

  9. #409
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    2,166
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumrah back in form? Nehra Ji ka zabardast spell and some luck.
    Series is alive still.


    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Do you really want to take the joy of the thousands that came to see the match. If India losses, happiness of their faces would vanish.
    Anybody with eyes on future wont give half a hoot for short term gains.

  10. #410
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Still doesn't take away the awful performances by Dhoni,Yuvi,Raina and would say even Manish considering the match situation.
    Given how difficult it was to hit on this pitch, Pandey didnt do too bad. He should have scored another 5 odd runs from his 26 balls.

    He played really well for the first 15 balls, taking singles and giving the strike to Rahul. After that, he should have had a couple more boundaries, but it wasn't easy to score those runs.

  11. #411
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    2,558
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Awful decision but bumrah would have still won it.
    Kohli and Yuvraj both being plumb lbw didn't help either but in the end even with those 3 decisions we should've finished it off.

  12. #412
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Dhoni being 2nd best bat part of the comment wasn't directed at you mate. Should have made my post clearer. My bad.

    I think we were having a discussion about Yuvi Dhoni knocks in the 2nd ODI.
    Both were good knocks coming in from 25/3 I think.I doubt youngsters can build innings like that.Anyway both are there till CT max unless they hit crazy form


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  13. #413
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    We won due to Nehra too

    So you would have hoped we lose in CT if these players werent dropped

    I am bit different.Was gutted when we lost Aane Do series and delighted when we won CT.No matter the players

    BTW,Dhoni was about to be booted then and apparently saved by Srini.Must have soured the taste of CT victory for you
    I was gutted we lost in Aane Do. Notice how I said I rooted against only a few players.

    If we sucked in CT 2013 with old players, I would have been gutted. Would have supported them in CT cos that's a world tournament.

    BTW,Dhoni was about to be booted then and apparently saved by Srini.Must have soured the taste of CT victory for you
    lol you are now talking like a typical blind fan who gets angry cos someone criticized his hero and has lost track of reality.

    If you notice my comments over the years, I have maintained that Dhoni was a gun LOI captain. In fact, I called for his retirement from LOI well past 2014....in 2015 start when he lost his batting skills.

    So CT 2013 was super sweet for me. In fact, I mentioned many times here if not for Dhoni we wouldn't have won the finals.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  14. #414
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Kohli and Yuvraj both being plumb lbw didn't help either but in the end even with those 3 decisions we should've finished it off.
    Kohli was marginal and Yuvi only wasted more balls after his reprieve.

  15. #415
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    23,714
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Surprised at the result, thought England were gonna chase this.

    Jos Buttler, England's limited over saviour, has done nothing on this tour.

  16. #416
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha..Buttler is south African born I guess.

  17. #417
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,404
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think Rahul was outstanding this game. Deserved mom more than Bumrah though Bumrah was great too

  18. #418
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    120
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Octopus baba

  19. #419
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Both were good knocks coming in from 25/3 I think.I doubt youngsters can build innings like that.Anyway both are there till CT max unless they hit crazy form
    Yuvi was a gun knock.

    Dhoni was a scratchy one which became good cos the pitch was a belter and allowed him to make up his garbage innings.

    But overall in the end, both were quality knocks no doubt.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  20. #420
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    2,558
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Kohli was marginal and Yuvi only wasted more balls after his reprieve.
    Not entirely sure we were watching the same match then, hitting in line and hammering into middle stump isn't exactly marginal.

  21. #421
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeshan547 View Post
    Amir can't do this in his lifetime, this is the real talent, period. That 5 wicket over in wt20 was in 1st inning. So don't count.
    Amir doesn't even get support from fielders, let alone umpires.

  22. #422
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    We r also for the greater good of indian future and i see no logic in picking washed out players. Atleast nehra deserves his chances because he is outstanding since his comeback and is also the best bowler today and not proven failures since eternity
    I've always said Dhoni and Yuvi should retire while Dhawan should be dropped.

  23. #423
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumrah and Nehra both deserved the MOTM

  24. #424
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,147
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mango_bite77 View Post
    Amir doesn't even get support from fielders, let alone umpires.
    every 2nd post of yours is about Amir, nice to see Amir has fans left

  25. #425
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    1,136
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahul too. These 3 saved dhoni, yuvi ***** for the near future

  26. #426
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The biggest disappointment for me is that Pant may not get a chance even in the last match..

  27. #427
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    every 2nd post of yours is about Amir, nice to see Amir has fans left
    It was just a response to whom who initiated.

  28. #428
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    3,415
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why cant we have more of these low scoring games where 150 is a really competitive score.

    These matches are always close as games can change in the space of a few deliveries.

  29. #429
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Surprised at the result, thought England were gonna chase this.

    Jos Buttler, England's limited over saviour, has done nothing on this tour.
    He is still quality.

    Not sure why the mock.

    India would kill to have someone like him.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  30. #430
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Damn, thought that was sealed with a few overs to go.

    Man of the match to the umpires ?
    Man, did you see Root bat in the overs leading up to the decision? If anything it was a decision that helped England, Joe root was fried, he couldn't even put enough bat on ball to get out, he tried twice before that to no avail..

  31. #431
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,500
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bumrah you beauty... last 2 overs, 5 runs and 2 wkts.

  32. #432
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Yuvi was a gun knock.

    Dhoni was a scratchy one which became good cos the pitch was a belter and allowed him to make up his garbage innings.

    But overall in the end, both were quality knocks no doubt.
    Yeah I have more hopes from Yuvi then Dhoni in ODIs for that reason

    Dhoni is staying coz of keeping.Not sure of Pant keeping and its too soon to throw him in deep end there.I would just play him as an opener as of now


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  33. #433
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I was gutted we lost in Aane Do. Notice how I said I rooted against only a few players.

    If we sucked in CT 2013 with old players, I would have been gutted. Would have supported them in CT cos that's a world tournament.



    lol you are now talking like a typical blind fan who gets angry cos someone criticized his hero and has lost track of reality.

    If you notice my comments over the years, I have maintained that Dhoni was a gun LOI captain. In fact, I called for his retirement from LOI well past 2014....in 2015 start when he lost his batting skills.

    So CT 2013 was super sweet for me. In fact, I mentioned many times here if not for Dhoni we wouldn't have won the finals.
    I remember you saying Dhoni didnt deserve to continue but was saved by Srini.Apologies if that wasnt you.I hardly care who captained lol

    Anyway,what did you make of Kohli as captain.I think he got away with it.Has been far cry from the Test captain Virat.One of reasons I promote split captaincy


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  34. #434
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    I remember you saying Dhoni didnt deserve to continue but was saved by Srini.Apologies if that wasnt you.I hardly care who captained lol

    Anyway,what did you make of Kohli as captain.I think he got away with it.Has been far cry from the Test captain Virat.One of reasons I promote split captaincy
    I did in tests. Selectors dropped Dhoni the captain in the wrong format. Srini saved Dhoni in 2012 due to a technicality where he could over rule selectors when India was touring and when India came back home, Dhoni happily continued as test captain.

    To be honest, I am unsure about Kohli's captaincy in LOI. Everything about RCB points to choking - batting, captaincy, bowling - everything.

    But will wait and see. We desperately need Kohli to succeed in LOI cos there is no alternative.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  35. #435
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    I did in tests. Selectors dropped Dhoni the captain in the wrong format. Srini saved Dhoni in 2012 due to a technicality where he could over rule selectors when India was touring and when India came back home, Dhoni happily continued as test captain.

    To be honest, I am unsure about Kohli's captaincy in LOI. Everything about RCB points to choking - batting, captaincy, bowling - everything.

    But will wait and see. We desperately need Kohli to succeed in LOI cos there is no alternative.
    Rohit?

    Agree Dhoni was rubbish in Tests


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  36. #436
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rohit atleast can take over in T20 given his ipl success
    @sensible-indian-fan

    Too long name to tag man


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  37. #437
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Rohit?

    Agree Dhoni was rubbish in Tests
    Don't think Rohit is a real captain. Haven't watched him captaincy closely but he gives me a fluke vibe cos MI over the last few years have developed a real good team.

    When Dhoni won CSK, he did it with superlative captaincy (especially 2010 finals where his field placing got Pollard). When MI beat CSK in 2 finals, it was due to us giving the game away tamely.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  38. #438
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    16,745
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Wow, bottling of biggest order here. Eng scored 2 runs in 6 balls with batsmen still out there. Root bottled it big time otherwise game would have been over a while back.

    Anyway, credit to Bumrah to bowl such over. He won this game out of no where.
    Root was unlucky to be given out


    The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

  39. #439
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Still doesn't take away the awful performances by Dhoni,Yuvi,Raina and would say even Manish considering the match situation.
    Agreed.

    But people need to realize the simple difference between a sticky wicket and a patta. All the hand wringing after the Indian innings was too tiresome. This is wicket where it's very hard to hit from the get go. If English fans were like Indian fans, I assume they must be berating Root now mocking him as "great finish by the best batsman in the world lol", etc etc..

  40. #440
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    16,003
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HitWicket View Post
    Damn, thought that was sealed with a few overs to go.

    Man of the match to the umpires ?
    No they only deserved man of the match if England won. Giving root out was a big blow for India


    She got a light-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson
    A dark-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson

  41. #441
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Root played a massive crapper of an innings today. Even in the last over all that was needed was for him to get off-strike given that he could'nt get bat on ball the previous deliveries he faced and instead he went for the glory shot.

  42. #442
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    11,839
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Don't think Rohit is a real captain. Haven't watched him captaincy closely but he gives me a fluke vibe cos MI over the last few years have developed a real good team.

    When Dhoni won CSK, he did it with superlative captaincy (especially 2010 finals where his field placing got Pollard). When MI beat CSK in 2 finals, it was due to us giving the game away tamely.
    Rohit is a good captain, what do you think of Raina as a captain than?

  43. #443
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    2,558
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    No they only deserved man of the match if England won. Giving root out was a big blow for India
    7 off 5 with Buttler on strike is a lot better than 8 off 5 with Moeen on strike.

    Not sure not giving Kohli out when he was plumb helped England that much however either . Yuvraj didn't make much of a difference after he wasn't given out though to be fair.
    Last edited by HitWicket; 29th January 2017 at 18:22.

  44. #444
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    4,151
    Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Anybody with eyes on future wont give half a hoot for short term gains.
    Come on, just having some fun with neighbors.


    “I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

  45. #445
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    6,457
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This game consisted of Eng's inability of putting bat on ball. There was plenty of deliveries for them to reach home but Ind came out on top.

  46. #446
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    1,090
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In spite of the call against Root, England still had the chnce to score 8 runs in 5 balls ..... they didn't ..... so stop crying about it !!!!!!! Is there any Team that does not think that they were done in by the Umpire ??????? ...... I don't think so !!!!

  47. #447
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    2,558
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadevdesai View Post
    In spite of the call against Root, England still had the chnce to score 8 runs in 5 balls ..... they didn't ..... so stop crying about it !!!!!!! Is there any Team that does not think that they were done in by the Umpire ??????? ...... I don't think so !!!!
    Could be a slight difference between 'thinking' you were hard done and having the only wrong 3 decisions in a match all be big mistakes against you in my view.

  48. #448
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    1,376
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuvi, Dhoni, Raina, Nehra all past their sell by date. Occasional flash in the pan, here and there would be of no use. Indian T20 set up needs a humongous revamp.

    This win could end up hurting more than doing good. Cannot carry this dead weight to a world T20 tournament.


    "Don't get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out in 30 seconds" Neil McCauley, Heat

  49. #449
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,534
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Kohli was marginal and Yuvi only wasted more balls after his reprieve.
    If Kohli was given out, we would have missed seeing one of the greatest six hit by him! It didn't matter that much on the result of the match.

  50. #450
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,534
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One of the tricky pitches in India (Nagpur) and long boundaries. Batsmen cannot go out lazy thinking of blasting out everything! And the next match (Bengaluru) will be the exact opposite

  51. #451
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curse in disguise

  52. #452
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    29,654
    Mentioned
    800 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Rohit is a good captain, what do you think of Raina as a captain than?
    Didn't follow Raina captaincy in IPL properly but he looked tactically astute when he captained India against Bangladesh.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  53. #453
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    somewhere in goa.
    Runs
    1,966
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India were mighty lucky to win this one, doesn't do us any favour in long run as you can win only few vis-a-vis luck.

  54. #454
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Didn't follow Raina captaincy in IPL properly but he looked tactically astute when he captained India against Bangladesh.
    Raina looks good captain but he shouldn't be in Indian team.
    Rohit is fluking due brilliant MI

  55. #455
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    651
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Very very good bowling by bumrah , won the game for us yesterday, it was england's game to lose and they did just that. Bumrah's ability to bowl deceptive slower balls followed by quicker deliveries did not allow the english batters to settle. Remarkable comeback.

  56. #456
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    One of the tricky pitches in India (Nagpur) and long boundaries. Batsmen cannot go out lazy thinking of blasting out everything! And the next match (Bengaluru) will be the exact opposite
    I hate Bengaluru ground. Thin air ,coin sized ground , glass pitch ,dew .

  57. #457
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imagine a top 5 of

    Rohit
    Pant
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Jadhav

    followed by

    Dhoni
    Hardik
    Jadeja
    Ashwin

    We would have a fine batting unit in LOIs.

    One can dream..

  58. #458
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Imagine a top 5 of

    Rohit
    Pant
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Jadhav

    followed by

    Dhoni
    Hardik
    Jadeja
    Ashwin

    We would have a fine batting unit in LOIs.

    One can dream..
    TBH the second set of players doesnt excite me as far as batting is concerned

  59. #459
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    TBH the second set of players doesnt excite me as far as batting is concerned
    Agreed. But Dhoni isn't going to retire. And we don't have much better replacements for the others tbh..

    There are no alternatives to Hardik for the seam bowling AR role. Vijay Shankar is a much more reliable batsman but is a lesser bowler than Pandya. You can potentially replace Ashwin with a hard hitting spin all rounder, but there are not many glenn maxwells in our setup. Best we have atm is Axar Patel..

  60. #460
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Agreed. But Dhoni isn't going to retire. And we don't have much better replacements for the others tbh..

    There are no alternatives to Hardik for the seam bowling AR role. Vijay Shankar is a much more reliable batsman but is a lesser bowler than Pandya. You can potentially replace Ashwin with a hard hitting spin all rounder, but there are not many glenn maxwells in our setup. Best we have atm is Axar Patel..
    Deepak Hooda?? Big hitting and restrictive spinner. Cannot be as bad as Ashwin in LOI

  61. #461
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Imagine a top 5 of

    Rohit
    Pant
    Kohli
    Rahul
    Jadhav

    followed by

    Dhoni
    Hardik
    Jadeja
    Ashwin

    We would have a fine batting unit in LOIs.

    One can dream..
    Would like to replace:
    1. dhoni with sarfaraz or Samson or deepak hooda.
    2.Jadeja with K pandya(he troubled international players with his darts in ipl.Very limited bowler but so was jadeja before he was given long long rope).His batting is already upgrade over jadeja.
    3. Ashwin with Kuldeep Yadav

  62. #462
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    12,029
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    Deepak Hooda?? Big hitting and restrictive spinner. Cannot be as bad as Ashwin in LOI
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Would like to replace:
    1. dhoni with sarfaraz or Samson or deepak hooda.
    2.Jadeja with K pandya(he troubled international players with his darts in ipl.Very limited bowler but so was jadeja before he was given long long rope).His batting is already upgrade over jadeja.
    3. Ashwin with Kuldeep Yadav
    Ideally I would replace Dhoni with Hooda. Also he gives the third spinner option. Not sure if he's good enough to be a 2nd spinner.

    Kuldeep with Ashwin is also an upgrade of sorts. Not sure I'll replace Jadeja though. Where is even Krunal Pandya? Saw him nowhere in Ranji cricket. Is he an IPL specialist?

  63. #463
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    899
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    Ideally I would replace Dhoni with Hooda. Also he gives the third spinner option. Not sure if he's good enough to be a 2nd spinner.

    Kuldeep with Ashwin is also an upgrade of sorts. Not sure I'll replace Jadeja though. Where is even Krunal Pandya? Saw him nowhere in Ranji cricket. Is he an IPL specialist?
    Hooda's action is suspicious. Krunal is injured. Played some(maybe just one not sure) matches in ranji before getting injured.

  64. #464
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,534
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't think this mad rush with new players will work out. Jadeja and Ashwin have performed for long. When it is difficult to replace or get a better player than Rohit Sharma (and want him to come back!), then imagine replacing Jadeja, Ashwin, Dhoni... Lets make gradual changes...

  65. #465
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,534
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    I hate Bengaluru ground. Thin air ,coin sized ground , glass pitch ,dew .
    We need all kind of grounds! High scoring games as well. Not monotonous. Bengaluru has great atmosphere for sure!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •