Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    713 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

New Zealand defeat Australia by 6 runs to win 1st ODI in Auckland

New Zealand: Latham, Guptill, Williamson (c), Taylor, Broom, Munro, Neesham, Santner, Southee, Ferguson, Boult

Australia: Finch (c), Head, S Marsh, Handscomb (wk), Maxwell, Stoinis, Heazlett, Faulkner, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood

Australia have won the toss and have elected to bowl.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia would be glad that after more than a month of playing against a club level side they finally get some real opposition.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good strike rotation by Latham and Guptill so far.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always love these odi's between NZ and AUS when they play in NZ.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Solid start by New Zealand

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I like and rate Latham but I have doubts weather he is a fit for odis. Playing him as a keeper today just seems like a way to keep him in the side.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latham gone!

Williamson in.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ohh Handscombe what have you done

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    lol at these mickey mouse grounds.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On flat pitches in LO Guptill is a gun player.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Williamson is slowing the momentum of the innings down. He lacks impact in this format. Has good stats but I rarely feel like he will take the game away from the opposition.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we made cummins look unplayable because of our pathetic backfoot game.

let's see how he does against guptill and williamson.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Williamson is slowing the momentum of the innings down. He lacks impact in this format. Has good stats but I rarely feel like he will take the game away from the opposition.
    Mate, it's perfectly fine how he's approaching it when he has someone going at the other end like Guptill is. Someone like Khawaja is much worse in this respect with Warner at the other end.

This is an ODI, not a T20 game and New Zealand are 76/1 after 12 & Williamson is 20 off 27.

Strange comment. He also has one of the greatest ODI batting records of all time averaging 47 with a SR of 85.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch View Post
    Mate, it's perfectly fine how he's approaching it when he has someone going at the other end like Guptill is. Someone like Khawaja is much worse in this respect with Warner at the other end.

This is an ODI, not a T20 game and New Zealand are 76/1 after 12 & Williamson is 20 off 27.

Strange comment. He also has one of the greatest ODI batting records of all time averaging 47 with a SR of 85.
    He's improved his strike rate since that post lol.

A strike rate of 85 isn't earth shattering in this modern era. When it's on him to up the scoring rate he fails more often than not.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

A strike rate of 85 isn't earth shattering in this modern era. When it's on him to up the scoring rate he fails more often than not.
    He's playing the perfect foil to Marty.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Woopsie Daisy.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia should go on the attack now, the NZ commentators were saying earlier that nz lower order won't want to have to rebuild they will just want to swing from the hips straight away. So a couple of more wickets here will put Australia well on top.

As I am typing Starc is on.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KW is super consistent without playing impactful innings. He is what Babar Azam so far is aspiring to be in ODI cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol commentators wondering why Guptill is poor at test level. It's fairly obvious. He doesn't have the technique to survive on pitches that are favourable to bowlers.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point your missing is you need all sorts in a batting lineup. NZ have several big hitters to clear the ropes from Guptill to Munro, Taylor (although he can work it too), Anderson, Neesham to name a few.

They need guys who can bat through the order and get a 47 off 55 balls, which is Williamson's average performance.

I wouldn't say 85 is amazing these days, but it's very very good when coupled with an average near 50 & when you have big hitters around you.

He batting record is like top 5 of alltime or anything, but I would say it would be in the top 20 easily.

let's also no pretend Pakistan wouldn't kill to have a Williamson type player batting at no. 3 for them as one example.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol commentators wondering why Guptill is poor at test level. It's fairly obvious. He doesn't have the technique to survive on pitches that are favourable to bowlers.
    Pretty much and mentally he doesn't know how to play.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rate both Taylor and Guptill as better batsman than Williamson in ODIs. All have similar strike rate, but Taylor can play big knocks very often and Guptill can play destructive knocks. Williamson can neither play big knocks nor he can be as destructive. However he is a good accumulator and support player to Guptill and Taylor.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia doing a Pakistan here
    Finch not even in team and came back as captain

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The point your missing is you need all sorts in a batting lineup. NZ have several big hitters to clear the ropes from Guptill to Munro, Taylor (although he can work it too), Anderson, Neesham to name a few.

They need guys who can bat through the order and get a 47 off 55 balls, which is Williamson's average performance.

I wouldn't say 85 is amazing these days, but it's very very good when coupled with an average near 50 & when you have big hitters around you.

He batting record is like top 5 of alltime or anything, but I would say it would be in the top 20 easily.

let's also no pretend Pakistan wouldn't kill to have a Williamson type player batting at no. 3 for them as one example.
    People forget we're playing to complete 50 overs not 20. They want everyone in our XI to be a Sharjeel. Just not possible.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know you need all type of styles but he doesn't seem to have another gear at all. In this era scores of over 300 are the norm.

People talk about him as an atg but in LO I don't see it. Maybe in tests but he lacks impact in this format. His role is to be the stabaliser but there will be times where he will have to bat it another gear which I don't think he is capeble of.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    People forget we're playing to complete 50 overs not 20. They want everyone in our XI to be a Sharjeel. Just not possible.

My comment was more aimed at Williamson as an odi player in general rather than the game situation.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    I rate both Taylor and Guptill as better batsman than Williamson in ODIs. All have similar strike rate, but Taylor can play big knocks very often and Guptill can play destructive knocks. Williamson can neither play big knocks nor he can be as destructive. However he is a good accumulator and support player to Guptill and Taylor.
    Guptill is better, Taylor is about the same. Many Pakistani fans will think to the time he devastated Pakistan in the 2011 world cup, but Taylor hasn't been able to unleash anywhere near that for years. He bats a lot more like Williamson in the last 3-4 years.

Just checked, in the last 3 years Williamson has averaged 55 @ a SR of 87 & Taylor averages 57 @ 82

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you need all type of styles but he doesn't seem to have another gear at all. In this era scores of over 300 are the norm.

People talk about him as an atg but in LO I don't see it. Maybe in tests but he lacks impact in this format. His role is to be the stabaliser but there will be times where he will have to bat it another gear which I don't think he is capeble of.
    Guptill and Taylor are the impact players for NZ, even if Williamson can't be an impact player he does his job well. Not everybody can be Kohli or Warner

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guptill is better, Taylor is about the same. Many Pakistani fans will think to the time he devastated Pakistan in the 2011 world cup, but Taylor hasn't been able to unleash anywhere near that for years. He bats a lot more like Williamson in the last 3-4 years.

Just checked, in the last 3 years Williamson has averaged 55 @ a SR of 87 & Taylor averages 57 @ 82
    I am saying that Taylor can play big knocks aka centuries much more than Williamson. Williamson is consistent but he doesn't score many match winning centuries which Taylor does. Williamson is a good support player, but Taylor has bigger impact on given days.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People talk about him as an atg but in LO I don't see it. Maybe in tests but he lacks impact in this format. His role is to be the stabaliser but there will be times where he will have to bat it another gear which I don't think he is capable of.
    The weird thing is I sort of agree when I see him in T20s when he can tie himself up, but guess what he's ranked in the top 5 of T20 batsmen when all said and done and averages 37 @ a SR of 123 in T20Is, better than Taylor's 24 @ 120. So in terms of output he seems to get the job done.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am saying that Taylor can play big knocks aka centuries much more than Williamson. Williamson is consistent but he doesn't score many match winning centuries which Taylor does. Williamson is a good support player, but Taylor has bigger impact on given days.
    Really? I mean do you know that? Can you cite the number of Taylor matching winning hundreds since they both played vs. Williamson?

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guptill and Taylor are the impact players for NZ, even if Williamson can't be an impact player he does his job well. Not everybody can be Kohli or Warner
    That stats just don't say that about Taylor in the last 3 years or so though, but they sure do for Guptill

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The weird thing is I sort of agree when I see him in T20s when he can tie himself up, but guess what he's ranked in the top 5 of T20 batsmen when all said and done and averages 37 @ a SR of 123 in T20Is, better than Taylor's 24 @ 120. So in terms of output he seems to get the job done.

He has good stats but it backs up my point. Someone batting at a strike rate of 123 in T20s is having no impact on the game.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I mean do you know that? Can you cite the number of Taylor matching winning hundreds since they both played vs. Williamson?
    I am talking overall. Taylor scores more centuries and has bigger impact on certain matches. Williamson often plays support roles and his conversion rate is pretty poor

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow imagine if Handscombe has to keep on them low and slow wickets in India

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wow imagine if Handscombe has to keep on them low and slow wickets in India
    Handscomb is not a regular keeper so he won't be keeping there.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Handscomb is not a regular keeper so he won't be keeping there.
    I don't think they have a back up keeper in the squad to face India. So if Wade got injured pre game like today,Handscombe would have to be the keeper

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I was looking the NZ's batting stats in the last 2 years and look at Brendon McCullum. Have to laugh, & that is across 22 games

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ falling apart here.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NZ falling apart here.
    Hardly, lots of unlucky wickets. It can happen. They still have lots of batting, they won't all chop the ball on or get strangled down the leg side.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hardly, lots of unlucky wickets. It can happen. They still have lots of batting, they won't all chop the ball on or get strangled down the leg side.
    Lol half of the team is out. Even 250 is looking difficult from here . Starc and Hazelwood have plenty of overs left as well.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was an Ugly leg side hoick from Munroe.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol half of the team is out. Even 250 is looking difficult from here . Starc and Hazelwood have plenty of overs left as well.
    I get they are 5 down I was just pointing out it's not often get 2 chop ons and two strangles down the legside in the fist 4 wickets lost.

250 might be competitive here.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is repeating the narrative being pushed by the NZ commentators.

In fact, NZ has been extremely lucky so far with Australia dropping catches and conceding 20+ runs in byes and wides already.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stoinis Marshall

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I get they are 5 down I was just pointing out it's not often get 2 chop ons and two strangles down the legside in the fist 4 wickets lost.

250 might be competitive here.

Lol pitch seems flat, Australia are gun on batting friendly pitches.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll see.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Neesham is a better batsman than Azhar, Malik, Hafeez, Akmal and Rizwan, and he plays at number 7 for New Zealand

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    NZ are 5 down and still motoring along at 5.5 rpo. The last 5 overs have yeilded 33 runs at a rate of 6.6.

This is how you play modern day ODI cricket. You counter-attack, you punch back.

Not like the Misbah/Azhar way of shutting up shop and 'absorbing pressure'

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good to see Australia get inspired by Pakistan.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia, 5 drops and counting. Impressive.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Australia, 5 drops and counting. Impressive.
    We leave a lasting impression on people

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    185 / 5

34 overs

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Kiwis need this partnership to go on , they do not have much batting to come after this

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    187 . 5

35 overs

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Neesham

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    65 runs partnership already.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    200 up for kiwis

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Broom hits a big one

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

neesham gone

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Big wicket , Neesham would have been dangerous in the last few overs

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Starc has 4 more overs , that will be crucial.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    221 / 6

Kiwis looking to get nearly 300 .

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Starc continues.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Broom gets that away.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    231 / 6

43 overs

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    246 . 6

30 balls left

kiwis would want another 45 runs here

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    287 is the target

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    18/3

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good game on right now.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    973 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    18/3
    48/4

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's it game over, wd to Kiwis.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deserved for dismal fielding. I only watched till the 35th over or so but Australia had 5 drops, 3 missed run outs and 15+ runs conceded in byes by that point.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not this line-up.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shows how toothless Aus are without Smith and Warner.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    match over ....

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nombre View Post
    Deserved for dismal fielding. I only watched till the 35th over or so but Australia had 5 drops, 3 missed run outs and 15+ runs conceded in byes by that point.
    all blame pakistan's fielding. but all the team's fielding is rubbish whether it is ground fielding or catching.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    india
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies are struggling against sheer pace and spin

jos butler a hockey player???

Debut