Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best ever Liverpool forward?

The great Liverpool has had some brilliant forwards over the years. Who in your opinion is the best off all? Many off them played before my time so my views are partly based on old footage. I am going for Robbie Fowler as being the best ever. Here are the candidates:

Robbie Fowler
    Michael Owen
    Fernando Torres
    Kenny Dalglish
    Kevin Keegan
    Ian St John
    Luid Suarez
    Daniel Sturridge
    Ian Rush
    John Aldridge
    John Toshack

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ian Rush for me, the record goal scorer for the club. Didn't have much pace but found space brilliantly and finished clinically.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Ian Rush. Always had the spell over Everton.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ian Rush for me however going back even further what about Gordon Hodgson or Hunt? The former even played a lot of first class cricket for Lancashire. Perhaps @Junaids could tell us more about him?

Of the recent bunch (last 10 years) I would pick Suarez who just shades it over Torres imo.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Michael Owen, that kid was special

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    My immediate thought was Ian Rush for his finishing, but then I thought "Kenny Dalglish".

Then I realised that Luis Suarez was actually better than both. I think he's probably the greatest ever Liverpool player.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    For durability, it was Rush. However, he was a English type forward, who was best as a target man in English long ball game. At his prime, in 1988, he went to the best team in Italy (probably world as well) - within a year Juve packed him back to Anfield at almost half the price they paid a year back.

My pick is Suarez - an outstanding Latin forward with the toughness of a European player. He was so good that I hardly seen him injured or lose out in one on one with toughest of defenders.

Keegan left Liverpool & won 2 Ballon De Oorr's for Hamburg - but that brought KK at Anfield. I think, Keegan-Toshak as a pair was at per with Rush-Dalglish but individually Suarez is a class apart (2nd best player in Barca after Neymar & 3rd best in La Liga, after CR007 & Naymer ...................

This is about forward, not strikers only, hence Barnes should be in the honor list.