Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    That's ridiculous if true.

How can umpire's call be taken as not out when he hasn't made the call for lbw?
    Yeah doesn't sound rational. That's what law says

Point 3.3 (f) in the playing conditions states: "The third umpire shall not withhold any factual information which may help in the decision making process, even if the information is not directly prompted by the on-field umpire's questions. In particular, in reviewing a dismissal, if the third umpire believes that the batsman may instead be out by any other mode of dismissal, he shall advise the on-field umpire accordingly. The process of consultation described in this paragraph in respect of such other mode of dismissal shall then be conducted as if the batsman has been given not out."

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I meant Taijul only. Kamrul was not out.

Got confused with all the names. All look similar. haha.

Actually I will tell you why Taijul went for that shot.

Jaddu was firing it in from around the stumps. Normally, that can be played out cos this pitch is hopeless beyond measure but issue was that there was a rough in there which made the odd ball spit up dangerously (Shakib got out to one such delivery). So either you have to drop your bat down and take the blow in your body and go for the shot. Taijul previously got one shortish delivery in rough spit up and hit his body missing his hanging bat & gloves. The next time he got it, he tried to play the cross batted shot which is actually a way to safeguard your wicket for that delivery.

He executed it wrongly but can't blame him for the shot considering what happened before. Better option would have been to lower the bat and take the body blow but that would be a very harsh thing to ask a tailender to do.

There were few Rough patches outside the off stump of the left handers and few balls definitely behaved abnormally when they were pitched around that area. Shakib's dismissal was the prime example.

But the point is u just can't play a shot like that just 8 minutes before the tea when u r 8 down and especially when ur captain clueless ''mushfiqur'' got out while attempting the same shot.

It was definitely a brain from his part. I'm sure No one will blame shakib for his dismissal today. He got out while trying to defend while most of the others got out while they were trying to go for the glory.

Yes, I saw that he survived couple of close ones from jaddu where the ball behaved abnormally after pitching on the rough. But thats the decision/calculation one as a batsman have to make. Obviously the probability of TaiJul getting out while defending was far lesser than him getting out while playing a lofted shot.

But obviously the comedy star choose the wrong option.
    Last edited by SL_Fan; 13th February 2017 at 08:36.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Kohli: "Ishant's spell in the second innings was outstanding"

Take that haters.....
    It was definitely a wonderful spell. Btw He was really really unlucky today. Shabbir's dead cold scary eyes fired him up. He totally changed as a bowler after that mini clash.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    811 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    There were few Rough patches outside the off stump of the left handers and few balls definitely behaved abnormally when they were pitched around that area. Shakib's dismissal was the prime example.

But the point is u just can't play a shot like that just 8 minutes before the tea when u r 8 down and especially when ur captain clueless ''mushfiqur'' got out while attempting the same shot.

It was definitely a brain from his part. I'm sure No one will blame shakib for his dismissal today. He got out while trying to defend while most of the others got out while they were trying to go for the glory.

Yes, I saw that he survived couple of close ones from jaddu where the ball behaved abnormally after pitching on the rough. But thats the decision/calculation one as a batsman have to make. Obviously the probability of TaiJul getting out while defending was far lesser than him getting out while playing a lofted shot.

But obviously the comedy star choose the wrong option.
    You need some serious skills to defend that ball without popping it to the close in fielders.

Its more realistic to either take the blow or play the cross batted shot and hit it over the circle.

Mushfiqur's was an atrocious shot though.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 13th February 2017 at 08:41.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    It was definitely a wonderful spell. Btw He was really really unlucky today. Shabbir's dead cold scary eyes fired him up. He totally changed as a bowler after that mini clash.
    What happened between Ishant and Shabbir?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lack of concentration from our senior bats. Need to go home and work harder in domestics.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    What happened between Ishant and Shabbir?
    Shabbir considers himself as someone like Kohli and try to emulate him by being ultra aggressive on the field.

He tried to intimidate Ishant with his scary eyes but sadly he himself got intimidated, lost his composure and eventually misjudged the line of a straight ball.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Not sure if they have same plans, I think this is helping Indian batting (including Kohli who had some discomforts with Test matches compared to his great LOI command) after all the Fab-5 departed and we were going nowhere! Pitches like last South Africa Series was demoralizing even our batsmen (I know they have to bring some balance between these two extremes) Our batsmen need these confidence before they are put into tough overseas tours! I think they should change this plan for the next series (Australia) a bit, because what you said (boring draws) could be encountered in that series with both teams piling runs! Fortunately the current International teams are not that good enough to reverse the case (beating India on these pitches with out-bating & better bowling)!
    I too am not saying go back to those horrible pitches, but the pitches should atleast be like ones against NZ (except the eden gardens pitch), our strength is spinners not pacers, if a wicket like this is given too aussies not only is draw a guarantee there is a better chance of aussie victory than an indian one, as their fast bowlers have lot more pace and reverse swinging conditions could see starc run through india in a way ishant or yadav cannot.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Lack of concentration from our senior bats. Need to go home and work harder in domestics.
    20 more overs and you could have earned a draw. Good chance missed.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The best pacers of all time prove themselves in the flattest of tracks.

Ishant has done it.

Could have even had a 5fer if we had a review, Vijay had taken the catch and Kohli had given him more overs.
    He he ... he is like a flip-flop. Operates only in 2 modes. But it's good to see Umesh, Shami and Ishant pick wickets and share the load instead of just bowling some heavy balls and handing over duties to our offies.

If we take Ishant, Shami, Bhuvi, Umesh, Ash, Jaddu and Kuldeep to SA test tour, it shall be fun

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    I too am not saying go back to those horrible pitches, but the pitches should atleast be like ones against NZ (except the eden gardens pitch), our strength is spinners not pacers, if a wicket like this is given too aussies not only is draw a guarantee there is a better chance of aussie victory than an indian one, as their fast bowlers have lot more pace and reverse swinging conditions could see starc run through india in a way ishant or yadav cannot.
    There is a chance that the curators may go that extreme again (South Africa Series) to shutdown Australia completely! But as you say I want a mild one just to make sure that Aussies don't complain the pitches as much after the defeat! Anyhow I don't think we should worry about Australia beating us on any Indian pitches unless our batsmen play really poor. That's why I told all these matches helped them grow confidence! At least we have great lower middle order now (who grew confidence with these matches) I don't think Australia can do anything better than England/New Zealand/South Africa (in fact they are poor travelers to India barring few times when they had extremely great team + proper planning + morale down Indian team + luck!) But definitely we should at least have the pitches like in English series (where 3rd spinner counts, we should get back Jayant! Australia are poor against off-spinners and even Nair back!)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a chance that the curators may go that extreme again (South Africa Series) to shutdown Australia completely! But as you say I want a mild one just to make sure that Aussies don't complain the pitches as much after the defeat! Anyhow I don't think we should worry about Australia beating us on any Indian pitches unless our batsmen play really poor. That's why I told all these matches helped them grow confidence! At least we have great lower middle order now (who grew confidence with these matches) I don't think Australia can do anything better than England/New Zealand/South Africa (in fact they are poor travelers to India barring few times when they had extremely great team + proper planning + morale down Indian team + luck!) But definitely we should at least have the pitches like in English series (where 3rd spinner counts, we should get back Jayant! Australia are poor against off-spinners and even Nair back!)
    I don't think nair will be back unless rahane stinks up the joint in first 2 tests. Pitches like ones against england will not help india, aussies score a hell lot quicker than english, 120-130 overs to aussies will mean atleast 480-530 runs on flat first innings pitches, it is difficult to win after that whatever the side. I want pitches which spin from first day, not nagpur esque rubbish, but should take spin from first day. Our strength is our spin attack make pitches to maximise their strength just don't go overboard with it or you end up with every spinner on both side picking 5fers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good fight back by BD. It was a draw pitch. Back in those days on roads like this both teams would make 600 plus and match would end in a draw.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    I don't think nair will be back unless rahane stinks up the joint in first 2 tests. Pitches like ones against england will not help india, aussies score a hell lot quicker than english, 120-130 overs to aussies will mean atleast 480-530 runs on flat first innings pitches, it is difficult to win after that whatever the side. I want pitches which spin from first day, not nagpur esque rubbish, but should take spin from first day. Our strength is our spin attack make pitches to maximise their strength just don't go overboard with it or you end up with every spinner on both side picking 5fers.
    Not taking away from Nair, triple is a super amazing achievement. But it was like all the stars aligned for him to make it happen. He was uncomfortable for quite sometime and had lots of luck.

Rahane would still be a permanent feature.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exceptional staff from the Deshis, 5 days and they fought hard, no mean achievement, disappointed as an Indian supporter, kudos to deshis

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia have got 2 aggressive batsmen ( Warner and Smith ) plus 2 world class pacers and a better spinner than England's. That is a world of difference when we don't play on Spinning wickets ( not ragging turners )

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I knew that we were never going for the draw.

We have never been able to save a test match in the last 5 years, with the exception one match against SRL but that was an uber flat track.

Moral victories don't matter. But a draw against the best side in these conditions is a massive boost to any developing side.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched more than 80% of the game. At no point did it feel like BD was anywhere close to saving the game. It seemed like Kohli orchestrated the whole game to India's advantage. Not only did he want to win it for India, he also wanted to get enough prep out of this for the series against Australia. A couple of instances: he could have very well declared the first innings earlier, but allowed Saha to get his hundred and valuable time in the middle. Similarly, on the last day, he could have brought on Ashwin a lot earlier and finished the game off by lunch, but he wanted the quicks to get some miles under their belt.

All those who're praising BD because "they took the game to 5th day" need to realize that it happened because India allowed it to happen.

Have to agree with what Sehwag said years ago -- the BD side is mediocre, and nothing's changed since the time Sehwag trolled them.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    Exceptional staff from the Deshis, 5 days and they fought hard, no mean achievement, disappointed as an Indian supporter, kudos to deshis
    What are you disappointed about ,we lost only 10 wickets and took 20 wickets on a track which wasn't turning.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry to say, even though Bangladesh is a very good side in limited overs, they are just not good enough for Test cricket. Moral victory, good fight...blah blah...all these doesn't matter when the team is in losing side, that too by a huge margin.

Though Mushfiqur scored a century in the first inning, the way he got out in the second inning is not acceptable. Not only the captain, even other players were trying out fancy and expensive shots.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    What are you disappointed about ,we lost only 10 wickets and took 20 wickets on a track which wasn't turning.
    Of those 10 wickets, 4 in the second innings were gifted just because the Indian batsmen were trying to have some fun, and give rest to their bowlers, before declaring. If India wanted, they could have scored 1,200 runs in this game.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Ashwin offering Miraz some cheat codes at the end of the game.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Easy win for India. This Indian team is ruthless at home. Don't see any current test playing nation beating them in India.

Away from home is the challenge for India.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    Australia have got 2 aggressive batsmen ( Warner and Smith ) plus 2 world class pacers and a better spinner than England's. That is a world of difference when we don't play on Spinning wickets ( not ragging turners )
    I don't think turning tracks will affect Indian team in Test matches (there could be some upsets in LOIs). It requires more alround side to beat India (in Test matches in India). India will win both batting and spin-bowling shootouts against Australia in India.