Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tamim went for Hydrabadi Biryani before the match, hence he was run out, what a fool

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    The question was about "getting scared"! It is true that Bangla fans are arrogant! Got to learn something from Srilankan fans (in the 80s, 90s) who just kept supporting their team until they became formidable! They even were supporting Indian and Pakistan teams when we played against other teams.
    Agree that some ignorant fans are arrogant,just like like some of ind and Pak fans. And how many Sri Lankan fans did used internet,blog or pakpassion in 80s or 90s ??? Then how can you judge that those fans were less arrogant than todays bd fans?? As now a days most fans use net it seem like that as they (bd fans of today)are more arrogant. If Lankan fans of that time could have used net like today I think your judgement would be other.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shakib clearly doesn't rate Ashwin. Gifted his wicket to him.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The Desh have been fairy competitive against the turn compared to NZ and Eng.

I guess it's time to bring back the pace.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    Agree that some ignorant fans are arrogant,just like like some of ind and Pak fans. And how many Sri Lankan fans did used internet,blog or pakpassion in 80s or 90s ??? Then how can you judge that those fans were less arrogant than todays bd fans?? As now a days most fans use net it seem like that as they (bd fans of today)are more arrogant. If Lankan fans of that time could have used net like today I think your judgement would be other.
    In the stadiums! Yes even the stadiums is more or less the reflection of social media. That's enough to judge!

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is trying to do follow on heartedly to avoid fourth innings batting on 4th/5th day

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    In the stadiums! Yes even the stadiums is more or less the reflection of social media. That's enough to judge!
    How many fans do you get on any stadium in any test match to judge???!! Very lame excuse buddy to judge your claim about judging different fans arrogance

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dios View Post
    Guess no one rates Fizz then.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lankan fans are easily the most sanes in SC its not even a comparison but literacy has more to do with it than anything else,not to forget smaller country and less population.

If just Southern Indian states were the fan following of ICT then we would be the same,but then we wouldn't have won a single ICC trophy.
    Last edited by JaDed; 11th February 2017 at 07:45.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk what to make of this contest. Such contests will only make people turn away from test cricket.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he sure doesn't rate Ashwin...

"R Ashwin's control sets him apart" - Shakib Al Hasan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Guess no one rates Fizz then.
    To rate he has to play atleast

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what a crowd in for a Test match and that too in a big city. So much for the BCCI's claim that hosting Bangladesh is not commercially viable. Indian public clearly considers Bangladesh as their new Asian rivals.

Can Mehedi finally prove that he can bat today? Tea comes at a good time for Mushfiqur. He was looking shaky.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Idk what to make of this contest. Such contests will only make people turn away from test cricket.
    Pretty lame pitches nowadays in India. UAE type

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Soze View Post
    Pretty lame pitches nowadays in India. UAE type
    I don't think it is the pitches.

We make turners world cries, we make pattas they still get out-batted and cry.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol just saw that run out in question. What the hell are Indian fans talking about? Clearly not out.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing to see India get intimidated at the prospect of being embarrassed by Bangladesh and produce a negative pitch instead of the sporting pitches they rolled out for England and New Zealand.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing to see India get intimidated at the prospect of being embarrassed by Bangladesh and produce a negative pitch instead of the sporting pitches they rolled out for England and New Zealand.
    This is a practice match for us to gain confidence against real opponents. Don't be disappointed. Enjoy the stay.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    I don't think it is the pitches.

We make turners world cries, we make pattas they still get out-batted and cry.
    But pattas result in yawn fest when Bangla Bros are batting.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a practice match for us to gain confidence against real opponents. Don't be disappointed. Enjoy the stay.
    Yeah looks like BCCI got scared to test their rockstars against a team has decent spinners and can actually play spin. They will only roll out turners for the likes of Ish Sodhi and Moeen Ali. Disappointing.
    Last edited by Dios; 11th February 2017 at 08:00.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mushi is a better test player than LOI,has been very good offlate in this format.Too many players playing upon their "LOI" hype in Bangladeshi test team,they really need to tighten the screws if they have to compete outside.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol just saw that run out in question. What the hell are Indian fans talking about? Clearly not out.
    It was out.

Your 3rd grade team won't intimidate anyone. Even this negative pitch is enough for India to wrap up the match in 4 days.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah looks like BCCI got scared to test their rockstars against a team has decent spinners and can actually play spin. They will only roll out turners for the likes of Ish Sodhi and Moeen Ali. Disappointing.
    Looks like end of the match excuses are coming early !!

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you Bangladeshi fans have to be the most deluded lot in world cricket. The way you rate your team one would think you assume your team is as good as the WI of 80s.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushi is a better test player than LOI,has been very good offlate in this format.Too many players playing upon their "LOI" hype in Bangladeshi test team,they really need to tighten the screws.
    Yes you are right. Soumya, Mahmudullah, Shabbir have no business being in the Test team when there are players like Liton Das and Mosaddek Hossain with much better FC records. Bangladesh still not picking their best team in Tests. Fizz and Shahid missing from the bowling attack. Shuvashish Roy bowled well in the practice match and should have played ahead of Kamrul.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes you are right. Soumya, Mahmudullah, Shabbir have no business being in the Test team when there are players like Liton Das and Mosaddek Hossain with much better FC records. Bangladesh still not picking their best team in Tests. Fizz and Shahid missing from the bowling attack. Shuvashish Roy bowled well in the practice match and should have played ahead of Kamrul.
    Soumya ,Sabbir should be given 2 more matches before being thrown out,Mahmuddullah has been such a disappointment in this format.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soumya ,Sabbir should be given 2 more matches before being thrown out,Mahmuddullah has been such a disappointment in this format.
    This is professional cricket.

Soumya and Sabbir never were batsman suited for tests, their FC average suggests the same. If you cannot perform in domestics and don't look like grafters in LOIs then you have no business in ODIs.

We have some good talents, but its hard for people to believe that because we play the wrong players in the wrong formats.

We even play imrul in T20Is despite his average of 7(less than that actually) after 10 International matches.

Our board is VERY rich these days. But they have zero interest to develop fringe cricketers. We have had ZERO 'A' team tours in the last 1.5 years.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope this is a kick in the rear for BCB.

Its about time we need:

1) More A team tours
    2) Selecting players based on the format
    3) Need to get rid of Walsh, he is as useless as a container with a hole in it.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Despite the kind of slack Mushfiqur Rahim gets, he is our most reliable batsman.

Apart from not being a genuine opener and not a proper finisher, he is one player who can bat in any situation, any condition and good against both pace and spin. Also plays according to the situation. Has some pressure knocks unlike Tamim who will make SA batsman look like clutch players in world cups.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally people can now believe me regarding the fact that I called Miraz a potential genuine allrounder, the guy's average before today in 4 tests was 2.5 with highest score of 10. Today he looks good.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Finally people can now believe me regarding the fact that I called Miraz a potential genuine allrounder
    He only performs either with bat or ball so still not a genuine allrounder

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushfiqur is Bangladesh's best batsman. Only one who can play according to the situation.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bangladesh giving good fightback

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Bangladesh can somehow avoid follow on, they are in with a chance to save this match.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Good batting by Bangladesh.

Absolute pancake pitch. Said it in the first innings itself.

Should try to use the wide rough areas. We wasted way too long bowling in proper areas.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has to be one of the best injury acting time wasting i have seen outside football, mushfiqur gets hit on the hand, starts wincing removes his gloves, has the physio look at the hand then takes bottle of water with the same injured hand drinks it then gives the bottle back and starts wincing again as if remembering that his hand is supposed to hurt.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    That has to be one of the best injury acting time wasting i have seen outside football, mushfiqur gets hit on the hand, starts wincing removes his gloves, has the physio look at the hand then takes bottle of water with the same injured hand drinks it then gives the bottle back and starts wincing again as if remembering that his hand is supposed to hurt.
    So you think the initial reaction of pain just after being struck was fake as well? It takes a brain a lot of time to voluntarily process information. And btw, the ball struck him on the tip of the fingers, not sure you use the tip of the fingers to hold the bottle.

Also TBH both our batsman were looking comfortable. No particular delivery really bothered them so they were confident of ending the day's play without losing a wicket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't a big fan of those designer made to order pitches shastri wanted for SA series, but i would rather have those than the rubbish we have had for last two test matches not to mention rajkot, give me a pitch where teams barely manage 300 in any innings than the borefest of having a team score 600 and other 400.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India's super spin duo exposed by a team that can actually play spin it seems.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    So you think the initial reaction of pain just after being struck was fake as well? It takes a brain a lot of time to voluntarily process information. And btw, the ball struck him on the tip of the fingers, not sure you use the tip of the fingers to hold the bottle.

Also TBH both our batsman were looking comfortable. No particular delivery really bothered them so they were confident of ending the day's play without losing a wicket.
    Never said he wasn't hurt, he just overplayed his hand.

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin's only wicket was gifted to him by Shakib's stupidity. He didn't cause any trouble to the batsmen otherwise. He was taken to the cleaners by his 19 year-old opposite number.

Jadeja actually bowled well. Beat the bat several times.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    Not to be rude but I notices throughout my life that most people who call others immature are guilty themselves. Don't know why u called him that as I don't follow Saha but just found it interesting
    Well, there ought to be instances where immature people get called for what they are. You are ofc free to comprehend the instances as per your ways, nobody can dictate that.

Why I called him immature? Well, there is this very popular way to call out people when a criticized person/player performs. Same was observed in the case of Yuvraj Singh. Immediately after the spark shown by him in an inning (not the recent wave of scores he has had), a couple of posters started calling out on Yuvraj's detractors here.
    It should be amply clear that a player who has been a performer of repute in the past will have some fuel in the tank to blaze away here and there. But w.o taking into consideration the opposition/situation/missed chances, people who like to simply see the scoreboard and go topsy turvy with their childish taunts, they ought to understand what an international player is capable of. But lack of weeding out flaws and other plaguing issues are conveniently ignored, and people go hopping mad in their celebrations just cuz they see something they were yearning for.

Saha is 32 I believe. He was not a teenager when he tried to slog the bowler in the test down under, which severely dented our chances of winning a tight game. After having played a shot to terrible results, here he again tried to do something same, while having a relatively easier opposition and situation.. and again made a hash of it. If not for that mercurial BD keeper's blunder, he would have been back in the hut again, depriving the side of w/e runs he could have scored. To not learn anything from his mistakes is a grave error on int'l stage, and if people do not see the parallels in his approach, I def would call such people immature.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin's only wicket was gifted to him by Shakib's stupidity. He didn't cause any trouble to the batsmen otherwise. He was taken to the cleaners by his 19 year-old opposite number.

Jadeja actually bowled well. Beat the bat several times.
    Exactly. India produces rank turners against teams like Eng/Aus/SA who has hardly any clue about how to play spin bowling.

I don't think Ashwin would've got half of the wickets he got in last year if those matches were played on proper test wickets.

Almost all of them were tailor made for him and jaddu. If anyone disagrees with me they can look at the highlights of the today's play and how a bowler like Miraz who had an average of 2.5 prior to this test spanked him all around the park.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did u mean Australia who just got destroyed on their home turf by the saffers and got humiliated against Lankans who r going through the worst phase of their cricketing history.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Watching Indian and Bangladeshi fans fight is hilarious .

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thivagar View Post
    Watching Indian and Bangladeshi fans fight is hilarious .
    come on now we all love fiction don't we

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India's super spin duo exposed by a team that can actually play spin it seems.
    Match is not over yet. Premature eja is a habbit of BD fans.Still remember that Epic world t20 choke against Pandya.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Umpiring has been awesome this match

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat read the pitch nicely and decided to include 3 seamers instead of 3 spinners. His decision has benefited the team as this time it is the seamers who have taken wickets.

Rahim fighting very hard here.

I suspect, Virat will not enforce the follow on even if eligible. The pitch is still in a very good condition and I supect he will give Bangladesh a tough target to chase.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Exactly. India produces rank turners against teams like Eng/Aus/SA who has hardly any clue about how to play spin bowling.

I don't think Ashwin would've got half of the wickets he got in last year if those matches were played on proper test wickets.

Almost all of them were tailor made for him and jaddu. If anyone disagrees with me they can look at the highlights of the today's play and how a bowler like Miraz who had an average of 2.5 prior to this test spanked him all around the park.
    I think the biggest problem which people have with Bangla fans are bombastic statements after couple of session which make other people lose all respect for them. It is the typical minnow insecure mentality where they think their team can earn respect if they take pot shots and demean other players and team

600 runs were scored regularly on those pitches in the previous matches but of course you have no clue. If you do not show respect no one is every going to show you any respect in life. Bangla are a greatly improving team in world cricket today, time that their fans let go of this insecure mentality and behave like adults too.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushfiq loves playing against India, averages 70+ against them. You can hate his guts but he's the only batsman in BDesh who has any basic understanding of test cricket.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jaddu once again outbowling Ashwin on a flat pitch

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ashwin has been the most in effective bowler this match so far for us.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    Jaddu once again outbowling Ashwin on a flat pitch
    Jadeja is much better than Ashwin, Ashwin can't get wickets without rank turners.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    Virat read the pitch nicely and decided to include 3 seamers instead of 3 spinners. His decision has benefited the team as this time it is the seamers who have taken wickets.

Rahim fighting very hard here.

I suspect, Virat will not enforce the follow on even if eligible. The pitch is still in a very good condition and I supect he will give Bangladesh a tough target to chase.
    Exactly. If we had gone in with 3 spinners with they way Ashwin is bowling Bdesh would have been 440/7 or something by now.

Bdesh still trail by 304 runs, if they don't collapse in the 2nd innings on this flat patta, they can take a draw out of this.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Ashwin has been the most in effective bowler this match so far for us.
    How is he going to perform overseas,if he cant do well on Indian pattas?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is kumble trying to show ashwin and jadeja the sort of pitches he had to bowl in 2000's, how are your spinners supposed to win you games when neither can get any spin on a 4th day pitch with a 50 over old ball.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No follow on.

Weird with 10 mins to go for lunch

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pata nahi... knowing Kohli he might drop Ashwin and go in with 4 seamers + Jaddu if Ash doesn't perform overseas in th first 2 tests of a series, he just wants results.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is not the fastest bowler to get to 250 wickets. Didnt look good today, but I bet he will be happy with the record.

Also, as I expected we have not enforced the follow on and will bat again. It is better to use the pitch when it is in such a great batting condition and hand it over to bangladesh when the wicket starts deteriorating.

bangladesh can draw it too if they apply themselves.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No follow on.

Weird with 10 mins to go for lunch
    I guess there will be early lunch now. Bat for 30 overs and declare just after tea with a target of ~ 460.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    overseas he won't be expected to win games single handedly, if this is the sort of pitch he gets in australia, that would count as a decent return.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    I guess there will be early lunch now. Bat for 30 overs and declare just after tea with a target of ~ 460.
    Just wasting time.Bowlers can rest during lunch break.

Pitch being flat,we need all the time.BD arent going for the chase anyway

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just wasting time.Bowlers can rest during lunch break.

Pitch being flat,we need all the time.BD arent going for the chase anyway
    My bad, they are having 1 over before lunch.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Why does it take so little for people (Indians) to dismiss Ashwin?

He couldn't run through a batting on a super flatty so he must have taken all his wickets on rank turners? Unbelievable.

People want bowlers to flight and if they flight and go for a few runs, they don't like that. Take the 4 and a 6 Musfiq hit in his first over today, both were of perfectly good deliveries.

Jaddu > Ashwin in flatties because results matter in the end.

But I honestly can't say Ashwin bowled badly in this test. There were patches where he was at his accurate best.

But he needs to improve the spin he gets on super flatties. That little spin could make all the difference. If he doesn't improve, then he may find it tough. Jaddu gets a few to turn which is why he causes batsmen problems in flatties.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 12th February 2017 at 05:03.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    153 over to go till the end of the game. India now lead by 300.

My guess is India will bat one session, try to score as many as possible and then give Bangladesh 4 sessions to defend. This will be interesting.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Why does it take so little for people (Indians) to dismiss Ashwin?

He couldn't run through a batting on a super flatty so he must have taken all his wickets on rank turners? Unbelievable.

People want bowlers to flight and if they flight and go for a few runs, they don't like that. Take the 4 and a 6 Musfiq hit in his first over today, both were of perfectly good deliveries.

Jaddu > Ashwin in flatties because results matter in the end.

But I honestly can't say Ashwin bowled badly in this test. There were patches where he was at his accurate best.

But he needs to improve the spin he gets on super flatties. That little spin could make all the difference. If he doesn't improve, then he may find it tough. Jaddu gets a few to turn which is why he causes batsmen problems in flatties.
    Wasnt dismissing him bro.Still our best bowler

Just said Jaddu is better on pattas which you agree with.

Overseas gonna be pattas too mostly,so its a concern

Interesting how Jaddu gets odd one to turn sharply even on these pitches,that too without flight.Another Jaddu mystery like his triple tons

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    153 over to go till the end of the game. India now lead by 300.

My guess is India will bat one session, try to score as many as possible and then give Bangladesh 4 sessions to defend. This will be interesting.
    I guess we will bat 30-35 overs, KL Rahul is important in this situation as a quickfire 50 will be of great help now.

Either ways great chance for Desh to draw a test without rain if the pitch remains as-is.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    473 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looking like a draw now.Pathetic pitch

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting how Jaddu gets odd one to turn sharply even on these pitches,that too without flight.Another Jaddu mystery like his triple tons
    He puts more revs on the delivery and is side-on.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Wasn't referring to you mate.

Jaddu imparts more side spin I guess.

He has consistently been more threatening than Ash in flatties.

Ashwin didn't bowl badly but didn't look threatening. That's why they say side spin is very important for a spinner. Ironically, Ashwin's carroms turn more on pattas than his offies (unless the offies are bowled real slow).

Either he has to improve in this reg or will face a tough time when tracks go flat. This is going to be tricky. This stuff is not easy to improve at all.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    This pitch makes Chennai pitch look good.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a test of Bangladesh players players mental strength. If they bowl and bat normally they should be able to draw the game. They batted for 128 overs in the first innings, just need to repeat the same.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    804 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    How many points will we lose if we draw this test?

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Unlikely as Bangla is more likely to implode in the last innings. All of their recent losses in all formats have been self inflicted. The batsmen who do well in the first innings throw it away in the next

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats to Bangla for playing well above expectations so far!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    How many points will we lose if we draw this test?
    Most likely result is still an Indian win here. Even if we see a good comeback from Bangladesh here. They managed to play just over 4 sessions of game (125 overs) when the pitch was still good. Batting out 5th day 90 overs is never easy for top class sides let alone Bangladesh.