Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekcirc View Post
    Dumb play from the so called experienced player, He will throw it away and leave his team on for a sure loss. His statement after first innings brain fade is symptomatic of problem why Bangladesh cant improve in Tests.
    I know yaar.

But its fun to watch.

Mahmudullah goes for a slog now.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    You just know they are going to screw up.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Only 3 overs left.

They may defend now.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Only 3 overs left.

They may defend now.
    Decent end for India , 3 wickets in the session. Ashwin getting some turn and bounce. Slogging from Shakib will always keep us in play.

Ashwin is overdue a 5fer in an innings.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    hehe that was a good leg spin.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    hehe that was a good leg spin.
    Interesting comments from Ashwin. Preparing for the 'off season'. 'Not being dependent on the pitch'

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can't really say our bats gave away their wickets.

Shakib should put a price tag on his wicket. Unlikely that we will be able to draw this. Riad is a pushover, Shakib and Mushy are top batsman. Sabbir and Miraz are still new. Our tail isn't that good either.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    We can only laugh at your comment! Those were the times when professional cricket was lot tougher for teams without fair exposure and infrastructure! It took a lot of time (till 90s) for Indian cricket to become completely professional! Till then the cricketers (barring top players) were depending even on Govt. reserved jobs (sports quota) for their living!

India had a domestic league, had an international team consisted of Indians, played regularly against other teams and most importantly more or less people knew about cricket but still it took a long long time for India to become competitive.

Bangladesh should have actually grown watching India play cricket and developed interest (and playing cricket within their country at least)!
    LOL. It's like saying India should've developed interest in athletics, gymnastics and should've performed like China in Olympics.

Now professional cricket is lot easier with good exposure, we are seeing newer teams like Afghanistan, Ireland, etc, are doing better than Bangladesh! Bangladesh have had enough exposure and they have their own T20 league which is inviting international players! Still you want excuses!
    Sorry to say but u totally lost ur plot in this segment of ur post. How's teams like Ireland or Afghanistan doing better than Bangladesh. Do u have any data or statistics regarding this or do u expect me to agree with u gust because u said so. Lol.

How's Bangladesh have had enough exposure in test cricket. India have had first class cricket which is over 90 years old whereas first class cricket was first introduced in Bangladesh not more than 15 years ago. U can't just compare the infrastructure of this two country.

Even after having so much exposure, so many teams in domestic first class cricket and so much money India still get pounded every time they step outside Asia.

Actually we are not accusing on the quality of Bangladesh cricket, we know they are improving, even if it is slow. But it is for the way they do the blame games, their claims and their boasting for small achievements!

LOL. Wrong again. How long have Bangla been playing test cricket hmm? In case u didn't know it's just over 15 years.

They have done really well and achieved quite a few things both in tests and Odis within this very short span of time. At least they've achieved a lot more than India did in their first couple of decades in cricket.

Lastly, an interesting point. In Last 10 years Bangla played only 20 away tests. Can u believe it, Just 20. India playes the same number of away tests in one year. U can't expect a team do well especially in away matches when they hardly get any chance to play in this format.
    Last edited by SunRay; 12th February 2017 at 11:30.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    India had a domestic league, had an international team consisted of Indians, played regularly against other teams and most importantly more or less people knew about cricket but still it took a long long time for India to become competitive.

LOL. It's like saying India should've developed interest in athletics, gymnastics and should've performed like China in Olympics.

Sorry to say but u totally lost ur plot in this segment of ur post. How's teams like Ireland or Afghanistan doing better than Bangladesh. Do u have any data or statistics regarding this or do u expect me to agree with u gust because u said so. Lol.

How's Bangladesh have had enough exposure in test cricket. India have had first class cricket which is over 90 years old whereas first cricket was first introduced in Bangladesh not more than 15 years ago. U can't just compare the infrastructure of this two country.

Even after having so much exposure, so many teams in domestic first class cricket and so much money India still get pounded every time they step outside Asia.

LOL. Wrong again. How long have Bangla been playing test cricket hmm? In case u didn't know it's just over 15 years.

They have done really well and achieved quite a few things both in tests and Odis within this very short span of time. At least they've achieved a lot more than India did in their first couple of decades in cricket.

Lastly, an interesting point. In Last 10 years Bangla played only 20 away tests. Can u believe it, Just 20. India playes the same number of away tests in one year. U can't expect a team do well especially in away matches when they hardly get any chance to play in this format.
    SunRay Stikes back...

Bro, why are you avoiding me? Are facts to brutal for you? I would love to share more Bangladesh cricket Trivia with you..

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SunRay Stikes back...

Bro, why are you avoiding me? Are facts to brutal for you? I would love to share more Bangladesh cricket Trivia with you..
    No, not at all brother. I don't like to avoid anyone. I m always interested to share my unbiased view on cricket with others.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not at all brother. I don't like to avoid anyone. I m always interested to share my unbiased view on cricket with others.
    But avoid some dose of reality when served in an unadulterated manner

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Terrific performance from BD especially for a team which doesn't get to play enough test matches, what is the wicket like? can we expect a typical day 5 indian pitch tomorrow ?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India had a domestic league, had an international team consisted of Indians, played regularly against other teams and most importantly more or less people knew about cricket but still it took a long long time for India to become competitive
    India until the 80's had little interest in cricket outside places like mumbai etc. It was hockey that was the biggest sport in india until atleast late 70's, so having a domestic structure meant nothing especially when that domestic structure did not pay much and players had to do day jobs alongside to make a living. It was only in 80's that cricket gained dominance in india and post that period results are for everyone to see

Lastly, an interesting point. In Last 10 years Bangla played only 20 away tests. Can u believe it, Just 20. India playes the same number of away tests in one year. U can't expect a team do well especially in away matches when they hardly get any chance to play in this format
    For starters no team plays 20 odd test matches in a year let alone away matches, but i get your point. Another fact bangladesh played their first odi in 1986 and first associate match in 1979, since you like telling us that india apparently played cricket since 1932, i can't fathom why you don't use same standards for bangladesh. Also bangladesh started playing test since 2000 which makes still makes it 17 years not 15.

I am putting out a few facts which i have copied from @Tekcirc hope he doesn't mind,

In tests Bangladesh managed 74 losses in a record 98 test matches, while it took India a whopping number of close to 198 Tests to do the same.

In ODIs, Bangladesh managed 103 losses in 115 games (2 NR, 10 wins), While India took a whopping 194 games to achieve that number.

These above nos. show that india did way better than bangladesh in earlier period of their game, also here's the icing on the cake, we won the world cup in our 3rd attempt beating a GOAT side twice to do it, your best achievement in 5 attempts is beating india and england to finish in top 8 twice.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jagatk View Post
    I am putting out a few facts which i have copied from @Tekcirc hope he doesn't mind,
    Go ahead bro feel free. But you must give credit to our Bangla brother, he is the one who inspired me to check up on stats.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will collapse tomorrow morning, I'll be happy if we bat out 60 more overs. Knowing our batsmen, we will probably last 20 overs

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Terrific performance from BD especially for a team which doesn't get to play enough test matches, what is the wicket like? can we expect a typical day 5 indian pitch tomorrow ?
    It is a road. You can survive if you apply yourelf.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    We will collapse tomorrow morning, I'll be happy if we bat out 60 more overs. Knowing our batsmen, we will probably last 20 overs
    Whatever be the result, Bangladesh has performed better than expectations already.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaking 800+ runs by taking just 10 wickets @4+ RPO, giving away a lead of 300 is a terrific performance by what parameter. Just because the match is going to see the daylight of 5th day??

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    It is a road. You can survive if you apply yourelf.
    Still, I'd back India to take 7 wickets on the final day but it's not impossible for BD; would be a big achievement for them considering that a top side like England only managed to draw level with India despite playing tests a lot more frequently then BD and having a better training camp in general for the tour of India given their superior infrastructure and talent pool in England.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Leaking 800+ runs by taking just 10 wickets @4+ RPO, giving away a lead of 300 is a terrific performance by what parameter. Just because the match is going to see the daylight of 5th day??
    Exactly! your ATG team couldn't finish of these alleged minnows within 3 days, says a lot about India then BD who don't really play Test Cricket ( BD have played 5 Tests in 2 years compared to India's 5 in a series in less than 2 months)

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! your ATG team couldn't finish of these alleged minnows within 3 days, says a lot about India then BD who don't really play Test Cricket ( BD have played 5 Tests in 2 years compared to India's 5 in a series in less than 2 months)
    As I said they performed above expectations. But to call their performance terrific is very poor choice of word.
    They performed on the lines of minnow team having one good session.

Again facts: 800+ runs, 10 wickets @4RPO
    Lead given: 299...

I dont see how its a terrific performance!

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You are too critcal bhai... if Shakib instead of slogging stays till lunch and strings a partnership with Mushfiqur then you can muster a draw. I don't trust Riad and Sabbir to defend a lot it will be a real test of character.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    You are too critcal bhai... if Shakib instead of slogging stays till lunch and strings a partnership with Mushfiqur then you can muster a draw. I don't trust Riad and Sabbir to defend a lot it will be a real test of character.
    We should kick out Riyadh and shabbir from our test team. Our team would be very good if we have this team
    1. Tamim
    2. Imrul/ nazmul (replacement if required)
    3. Mominul
    4. Mosaddek
    5. Shakib
    6. Mushfiq
    7. Nurul (extra keeper better than mushfiq,better batsman than shabbir in test)
    8. Miraz
    9. Taizul/Shuvashish
    10. Taskin
    11. Rabbi

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    As I said they performed above expectations. But to call their performance terrific is very poor choice of word.
    They performed on the lines of minnow team having one good session.

Again facts: 800+ runs, 10 wickets @4RPO
    Lead given: 299...

I dont see how its a terrific performance!
    Again they made it to the fifth day, playing their first test in India since ..... ? and their fifth game in 2 years while you play that amount in a matter of months! yet you were unable to destroy this alleged minnow within days! these are facts to, well India are the no.1 test team in the world or do you not agree with that? call it what you like but they deserve respect for the effort so no need to pick and choose information and look at BD's performance without any context.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again they made it to the fifth day, playing their first test in India since ..... ? and their fifth game in 2 years while you play that amount in a matter of months! yet you were unable to destroy this alleged minnow within days! these are facts to, well India are the no.1 test team in the world or do you not agree with that? call it what you like but they deserve respect for the effort so no need to pick and choose information and look at BD's performance without any context.
    The question is 'Did Bangladesh (who never played in ind) do worse than eng/nz who plays every second year in ind and plays tons of tests in every year whereas bd plays only few test in 10 or more years and that too at home??? How can you say that team worse whom you don't let play????

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    The question is 'Did Bangladesh (who never played in ind) do worse than eng/nz who plays every second year in ind and plays tons of tests in every year whereas bd plays only few test in 10 or more years and that too at home??? How can you say that team worse whom you don't let play????
    I totally agree, people need to cut BD some slack I think they've done as well as they could have. I'd like to see a longer series in the future, we need to support BD they've come far and made some big strides and still they don't play no where near as much as they should; England barely survived when they toured their country as well.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I totally agree, people need to cut BD some slack I think they've done as well as they could have. I'd like to see a longer series in the future, we need to support BD they've come far and made some big strides and still they don't play no where near as much as they should; England barely survived when they toured their country as well.
    You are expecting too much from some fans who have drilled the word 'minnow' for Bangladesh in their brains. And they are not going to accept that Bangladesh has improved a lot in the past couple of years. Just like a typical desi who can't see the progress of his neighbour and will always downplay their achievements.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are expecting too much from some fans who have drilled the word 'minnow' for Bangladesh in their brains. And they are not going to accept that Bangladesh has improved a lot in the past couple of years. Just like a typical desi who can't see the progress of his neighbour and will always downplay their achievements.
    Very true brother! and it's not like I've the best of relations with Bangla but that doesn't mean I will lack objectivity in me assessments

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD has finally reached a stage where a noob team scores heavy in one innings and earns a draw. Srilanka did that in their very first test itself.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Very true for all (many) of us(subcontinental neighbours).

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As soon as I saw this comment , without reading this !! I was sure it is none but you !!
    Sir , do you have any problem against BD ????

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true for all (many) of us(subcontinental neighbours).
    Progress is surely there!! But Bangladesh fans cannot simply see that in the history of cricket their progress has been the slowest. they simply get riled up to no ends about it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, I'd back India to take 7 wickets on the final day but it's not impossible for BD; would be a big achievement for them considering that a top side like England only managed to draw level with India despite playing tests a lot more frequently then BD and having a better training camp in general for the tour of India given their superior infrastructure and talent pool in England.
    Mushfiqur, Shakib are two experienced players. Infact both made Test debut 6 years before Kohli. So they have better situational awareness. Also they are used to playing spin day in day out. So there won't be technical issues. Also this is not a raging turner by any stretch . It does not have uneven bounce either. Pitch is so slow that you could play everythig off the backfoot. Yes. They can draw the test if they don't have brain freeze. But Kohli will constantly apply pressure.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jnaveen1980 View Post
    Mushfiqur, Shakib are two experienced players. Infact both made Test debut 6 years before Kohli. So they have better situational awareness. Also they are used to playing spin day in day out. So there won't be technical issues. Also this is not a raging turner by any stretch . It does not have uneven bounce either. Pitch is so slow that you could play everythig off the backfoot. Yes. They can draw the test if they don't have brain freeze. But Kohli will constantly apply pressure.
    He's going to be a great captain for his country

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh have a given a decent fight but India should win this easily. On a rank turner the game might have been closer.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will win easily. Shakib will throw away his wicket in the first 5 overs. Bangladesh will lose because they don't have mentality to save a test match. However BDesh have done well to stretch the match to 5 days, even Australia will find that difficult

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On these type of pitches Australia may have a chance. The only problem is they may not have the spinners to get 10 wickets.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of this morning, the Indians have their tails up .... yes !!! It is a Fifth day wicket and the cracks are plenty. Both Ashwin and Jadeja can't wait to have go at the BD batsmen. Any thoughts of scoring the required runs will play into the Indian's hand. Most sensible thing for BD to do is to bat out the whole day ..... easy to say than to do it. As soon as the batting plan becomes obvious, the Indians will have 6 guys around the bat or 6 of them on the boundary line. Should be a fun of Cricket ..... sure hope so.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent post brother bear.

Why do u think India has struggled so much in this test? They r supposed to play like a number 1 test team right?

A team like India who generally plays 4/5 tests per series playing against a 9th ranked team like Bangla who barely plays 4 tests in a year but still failed to wrap up the match within 4 days. Lol

Just imagine what could've happened if Bangla had played even half of the number of tests India plays each year.
    Last edited by SunRay; 12th February 2017 at 23:03.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omorst7 View Post
    As soon as I saw this comment , without reading this !! I was sure it is none but you !!
    Sir , do you have any problem against BD ????
    I am a realist, to you Akram Khan is Imran Khan, for me Akram Khan is worse than Odoyo. Odoyo was good though, better than your khaled Mehmood

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Bangladesh have a given a decent fight but India should win this easily. On a rank turner the game might have been closer.
    finished within 2 n half days

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just imagine what could've happened if Bangla had played even half of the number of tests India plays each year.
    They'd still lose 80% of those games like they've done so far. There is a reason Test matches are called Test matches, and not Practice matches. You're supposed to improve your skill and get better playing elsewhere (e.g., domestic cricket), and not expect to be given Test matches just because you happen to have Test status. No one is entitled to get x number of matches each year.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking some of the comments i wonder whether India is in a loosing position. In a road of a pitch they scored heavily, dismissed Bangladesh for as low as one can on this pitch, comfortably declared after scoring quickly to get a result and now put Bangladesh in a spot of bother. And the pitch is still road. These kinds of pitches Bangladesh play in their domestic competition every time. So low number of test matches argument sounds like a readymade Anticipatory bail one.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English August View Post
    They'd still lose 80% of those games like they've done so far. There is a reason Test matches are called Test matches, and not Practice matches.

LOL really. Is this why it called test cricket? A team who playes 4/5 tests after every two moths will play against a team who plays 1/2 tests after every 24 moths and say look how good we r?

Is this what u call real test ? Yup it's definitely a TEST BUT it's a test of ICC's stupidity who wants new test playing nations to do well in test without allowing them to play enough test matches against top teams

Quote Originally Posted by English August View Post
    You're supposed to improve your skill and get better playing elsewhere (e.g., domestic cricket), and not expect to be given Test matches just because you happen to have Test status. No one is entitled to get x number of matches each year.
    If playing in domestic was as same as playing playing in international matches players like wasim Jafar, Amol Muzumdar or mithun manhas would've become few of the best test batsmen of all time. Lol :SRT
    Last edited by SunRay; 13th February 2017 at 02:04.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Progress is surely there!! But Bangladesh fans cannot simply see that in the history of cricket their progress has been the slowest. they simply get riled up to no ends about it.
    You are suggesting that our progress has been the slowest.

In the past their were a lot of ordinary sides, when Bangladesh debuted in the test arena it was arguably the best era for cricket. Barring Zimbabwe, all teams were ridiculously good in the test format more or less.

You also have to factor in that when Bangladesh wanted to focus on Tests, ICC introduced T20Is and that made it more difficult for us to improve in tests. It was not that we had to improve one thing at a time. We had to improve 3 things at a time!

We had to improve in T20s because there were T20 leagues and T20 world cup every 2 years!
    We had to do well in ODIs because that is the most popular format and also is the format of the true world cup, not to mention champions trophy
    We had to improve in Tests, because its the format which is most valued by pundits and cricket boards

When other teams started, they had 1-2 formats to focus on, when its 3 formats to improve on simultaneously it becomes much more difficult. Bangladesh has improved over the years more faster than one feels. Yes it was not the swiftest but it was not painstakingly slow. Infact we just had our first FC league around 2001-2

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 down 6 more to go

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sobers gone !!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BDesh will lose by 250 runs, at the very least 200. They don't have quality batsmen who can grind on to bat a full day in 4th innings.

But yeah, unless they start winning nobody will take them seriously. They're still minnows in test.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If playing in domestic was as same as playing playing in international matches players like wasim Jafar, Amol Muzumdar or mithun manhas would've become few of the best test batsmen of all time. Lol :SRT
    Sorry, OT, but I'd leave out Amol Muzumdar from that list, his case is one of the tragedies of Indian cricket...

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 wickets away from the match. Lets see how far does Rahim can dig in today!

127/4

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Gomes View Post
    BDesh will lose by 250 runs, at the very least 200. They don't have quality batsmen who can grind on to bat a full day in 4th innings.

But yeah, unless they start winning nobody will take them seriously. They're still minnows in test.
    We know that kiddo.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why we keep playing ishant, he isn't a swing bowler, he bowls too wide to really use any reverse unless batsman has a brain freeze and he does not even have much pace. Ishant sharma is the definition of rubbish, but yeah lets give him the ball on the 5th day before giving it ashwin when we are trying to win the match

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't get why we keep playing ishant, he isn't a swing bowler, he bowls too wide to really use any reverse unless batsman has a brain freeze and he does not even have much pace. Ishant sharma is the definition of rubbish, but yeah lets give him the ball on the 5th day before giving it ashwin when we are trying to win the match
    He is there because our no.1 bowler; Shami is rested. He is a filler for other fast men in our 5 bowler quota scheme of things ;)

Ishant can be useful on surfaces which have bounce.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our next assignment is in SL I hope we pick Mosaddek or atleast Litton for the XI.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 76 over Bangladesh to stick around.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is there because our no.1 bowler; Shami is rested. He is a filler for other fast men in our 5 bowler quota scheme of things ;)

Ishant can be useful on surfaces which have bounce.
    No he isn't, if indian fast bowlers are ranked it will be shami, bhuvi, umesh and then ishant, even with bounce i don't think he has pace to actually trouble batsmen consistently, his england spell won us the game but was it really great, compare it to that pakistani bowler's ( i can't recall his name) spell against australia, now that is called troubling batsmen with pace and bounce, with ishant it was more like he kept pitching it short, they kept hitting it and finding fielders on the boundary.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Our next assignment is in SL I hope we pick Mosaddek or atleast Litton for the XI.
    Hope selectors pick mosaddek in place of Riyadh,nazmul as backup of imrul and nurul as extra keeper and replacement of Sabbir.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Finally the ball is being changed,should bring in Bhuvi now.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bat pad?

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another 73 over to survive.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh can actually draw this,if these two stay out there.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushfiq gone being hot head.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ash-Man strikes first over!!!

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Bangladesh can actually draw this,if these two stay out there.
    Can't with harsh blood.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ash-Man strikes first over!!!
    he didnt strike,mushfiq gave it.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a stupid shot by Mushfiq ..

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still his wicket mate.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid bd players as usual are now in mission of suicide. How can you expect something from these hot heat players in test???

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rahim is gone... lost a golden chance to become a hero had he defended his way to a draw

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin could be given credit for the fact that he pulled the length back a little and induced the mis-hit ..

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mushi ,was he actually looking to go for the target?There was already a boundary in the over.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid bd players as usual are now in mission of suicide. How can you expect something from these hot heat players in test???
    It's not called hot headed my friend, there is a simpler word for it Idiotic.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ind is winning at least by 200 runs as our hot head stupid players are on hurry to catch plane.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin did not bowl offies. He bowled straighter ones. Explains why BD's progress is slow. This guy made debut 6 years before Kohli. If you can't take singles regularly of a spinner then this is what happens.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is almost as if they don't know how to defend Ashwin and their only option is to go after him.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ash pulled his length back as he saw MR trying to play shots.

Can Sabbir play a 100 ball 30 kind of innings? 70 overs left in the day.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricinfo commentary for next ball after mushfiqur's wicket

Ashwin to Mahmudullah, no run, who cares if your team is playing to draw the game, and it's the best bowler in the world bowling in his home conditions. Mahmudullah runs down the track, is deceived by the dip, gets an inside edge as he slog and it bounces just short of midwicket

Do bangladeshi batsmen train themselves to be dumb or something.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In test cricket there is no bonus points for dominating a world's best spinner. You play the ball not the bowler. Ashwin earned those wickets purely because of his ranking lol. To his credit he varied the pace and line.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athar Ali khan is crying

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ash pulled his length back as he saw MR trying to play shots.

Can Sabbir play a 100 ball 30 kind of innings? 70 overs left in the day.
    He can't play 100 ball 30 rather can 30 ball 70 and on this pitch(5th day) he can 40 ball 20 at best