Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    gotta feel for Misbah. Whenever crap happens, he is left to do the clean up.

This news will affect the Islamabad United team big time.

Lets see what happens, but are they ban from PSL or not for now?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    How would it be fair on them if savior Amir continues to play in the national side?
    If the death penalty becomes a law in Canada then should people who commuted such a crime befire it's not implementation also be killed? Don't think this should be used as an excuse to bash Amir

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read somewhere.. they are sent back to KHI.. it means..it is serious.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    Poor or not,you have fast bowlers right? That is not an excuse. What about the ones toiling in domestics,shouldn't they move up the pecking order no matter how good or average they are.

Yes I have no problem with Amir's comeback and definitely have no holier than thou attitude in his case but the fact he is jumped up the pecking order based on past reputation as a bowler and cut the queue despite coming back from a major punishment is what people have criticized.
    Doesn't matter if we had bowlers or not, the ones we did have were very poor. Hence one could see the logic of Amir being rushed back who by all books of the law was eligible to play. Maybe that logic is going over your head, that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    In the 5 years during his ban, he used to come for interviews every week on some channel. He was always portrayed as the innocent victim and people could not wait till he was back. Every day people used to say things like - once Amir is back, etc.

I do think Butt and Asif would be back soon too
    ....and which has nothing to do with portraying him as a hero, people felt sorry for him because of his age. Not only people but professionals like Holding, Atherton who could hardly be called fan-boys. Noone disagreed with his ban or justified his cheating. The wishing-him-back was simply due to our poor attack. Had we had Wasim, Waqar noone would have cared for Amir or begged for him to be back, and I say this as an Amir fan.

Asif and Butt aren't coming back, you, however will obviously say they are. Noone has any desire to see Asif back, considering his numerous misdemeanors.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Sweden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    374 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    whatever this is, whichever way this goes, it's easy to say that our cricket players do not come with iq or anything remotely related to it.

Reminds me of Intikhab Alam and his quote about Pakistani players being *******. I'm sorry Inti bhai, I made fun of you for that comment in my head. That is probably the best thing said by anyone about our players. Ever. Period. Full stop. Twenty exclamation marks.

sawaal ye ni k ap ko kyun nikaala, sawaal ye k ap aaye kaisay.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Jail isn't a punishment for fixing. Most of the others didn't go to jail, the trio got unlucky there. What people will not do next time is to fix in England.

The cricketing punishment was five years out of the game. That's not a strong deterrent. Even the jail time, it was a short jail sentence. If I were in that position I would take a five year ban with a year or so jail time over a life ban. The latter spells the end of your career.

You can not compare this to even an average criminal let alone murders. Those who go to jail find it difficult to get any job. Companies don't want them. Yet these trio are back in domestic cricket, and one into international cricket. If you steal from a bank, they won't rehire you. Yet that's what's happened here.

The trio all deserved a second chance. But not in cricket. There's more to life than just cricket. But it just sets a bad precedent to cricket, and if we are to rid cricket of fixing we have to adopt a no tolerance policy. I would have had life bans of all forms of cricket for Butt and Asif, and a 5 year ban from cricket and a life international ban for Amir (which is showing some tolerance tbh).

We're just bending the rules generally because Amir was so talented. If it were some other cricketer who wasn't very good, I'm sure those same supporters would have wanted him to be banned for life. Representing your country is an extremely high honour, it isn't to be taken lightly.
    So according to you, these two saw how Amir was banned for five years and came back, thought hey if we do this and are caught we'll be banned but will still be allowed back? Sharjeel is 28, Latif is 31. A 5 year ban would be as good as a life ban for them. Jails and bannings never act as deterrent. If they did crimes pertaining to fraud, cheating etc would vanish overnight. Greedy people will cheat regardless.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Perhaps the bookies lured Sharjeel with a bit of biryani and Pakoreh, he just ate the food and went about his business no harm done. Sharjeel just wanted the food he had no interest in doing anyone favours bit like when I attend certain events due to the tasty free food otherwise I have no interest in the other stuff @Red Devil
    Let's hope so lool. Man this is just heartbreaking.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    697 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Statement from Islamabad United:

We are understandably disappointed at this development but emphasize on our commitment to a zero-tolerance policy towards any violations of the rules or stated guidelines.

We will be looking to find replacements for the squad as soon as possible.

As per the PCB's policy and guidelines, we will have no further comment on this issue.

For further details see the attached press release from the PCB.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If they are guilty of fixing ban them both for life. We have been embarrassed enough from such controversies, no more it must be stamped out.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    thats really serious..

BTW this is probably the first time ever our board caught fixers? Great stuff by PCB.
    Hey hey there. Don't declare them guilty without being proven.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They ought to be banned for life if anything comes out of it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    If the death penalty becomes a law in Canada then should people who commuted such a crime befire it's not implementation also be killed? Don't think this should be used as an excuse to bash Amir
    Amir has to be banned for life. And so is Butt and Asif. Its the right thing to do.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1094 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Some Indian media reporting it as spot fixing.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    lets not pretend here.

if they have been suspended then there is a reason. Being suspended is a big deal and dont think pcb would take such a decision without having some good conclusion.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    So according to you, these two saw how Amir was banned for five years and came back, thought hey if we do this and are caught we'll be banned but will still be allowed back? Sharjeel is 28, Latif is 31. A 5 year ban would be as good as a life ban for them. Jails and bannings never act as deterrent. If they did crimes pertaining to fraud, cheating etc would vanish overnight. Greedy people will cheat regardless.
    This wont be a 5 year ban, at max will be 1 year. So 1 year of publicity, lots of interview, money from fixing, etc and then direct comeback to international team. Win-win

Indian cricket was full of fixing for a long time, after life ban for Azhar and Jadeja it reduced a lot after that

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    They ought to be banned for life if anything comes out of it.
    Why should they be banned for life when its just a league and not even international cricket?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    true. we still haven't heard anything from them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    Amir has to be banned for life. And so is Butt and Asif. Its the right thing to do.
    Not after being allowed back. This law should be implemented for people who get caught for fixing after it

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets not pretend here.

if they have been suspended then there is a reason. Being suspended is a big deal and dont think pcb would take such a decision without having some good conclusion.
    Either ur new to Pakistan cricket, or you 'still' don't know PCB.

i feel Pcb shouldn't even have made this public and done their investigations 'in' silence before coming out and Sethi's statements are just as useless as himself.

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    This wont be a 5 year ban, at max will be 1 year. So 1 year of publicity, lots of interview, money from fixing, etc and then direct comeback to international team. Win-win

Indian cricket was full of fixing for a long time, after life ban for Azhar and Jadeja it reduced a lot after that

How do you know? His club has stated they are not releasing any details.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why should they be banned for life when its just a league and not even international cricket?
    If they have fixed it should be for life. PSL is our only hope when it comes to money, last thing we need is idiots destroying it from within.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Indian cricket got rid of fixers especially after they increased salaries significantly.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An hour after the news broke and we are on post number 110 with about 100 posts bashing the two players senseless without any idea of what happened

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RehanG View Post

i feel Pcb shouldn't even have made this public and done their investigations 'in' silence before coming out and Sethi's statements are just as useless as himself.
    yeah I think his coming on the tv was a bit ott.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think before jumping to conclusions we need more details.

why exactly have the duo been banned?

Release the evidence,

Also its nice to see pakistani cricket ahead of the ball for once!

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    Just when we found a good opener
    Two good openers. I was wondering just today why Latif hadn't figured in Australia.

Anyway, par for the course with Pakistan cricket. Might as just wind the game up there and turn out the lights.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lets not pretend here.

They must have done something wrong most likely. Innocent people aren't usually suspended.

I hope it's something minor like failing to report a bookie approach (though even this is a crime and gets a ban). Or better having dinner with a so called bookie. But yeah as people have said, these players (especially players who have played international cricket) will have had many anti-corruption lectures to know what's right and wrong.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

? are you for real?

This has to be made public, so that others who are upto no good are warned

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    An hour after the news broke and we are on post number 110 with about 100 posts bashing the two players senseless without any idea of what happened
    You dont just send a top player like Sharjeel home from the biggest league in the country without anything significant.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I don't know whether it was poor wording by Sethi or he literally meant that. "felt" is not conclusive evidence.
    He doesn't seem to have problem in English communication but that interview no way sounded like they have any "concrete information" left a lot for later.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    If they are guilty of fixing then they should be banned for life. Enough of this nonsense. However, let's not put the horse before the cart, no need of labeling them guilty etc.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont just send a top player like Sharjeel home from the biggest league in the country without anything significant.
    Najam Sethi's conversation certainly suggests that they are pretty much guilty. They just want to give them time to defend themselves.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    People jumping the gun

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not after being allowed back. This law should be implemented for people who get caught for fixing after it
    being allowed back was the wrong decision. PCB should rectify the past mistake by banning the trio now for life.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    being allowed back was the wrong decision. PCB should rectify the past mistake by banning the trio now for life.
    That isn't right

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the investigation be completed. If found guilty ban them, if not then allow them to restart their careers in a dignified way. For negligence 6 month ban, fine and being publicly named is more then enough.

Aye Rah-E-Haq ke Shaheedo
    Wafa ki tasveero, tumhaye watan ki hawain
    Salam kehti hain..

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyObnoxious View Post
    Najam Sethi's conversation certainly suggests that they are pretty much guilty. They just want to give them time to defend themselves.
    Pretty much this.

It looked like they caught them red-handed from Sethi's words.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All we have heard so far is that they have admitted to being approached, but failed to report.

Failure to report in itself is a serious offence, but noises coming out make it seem like there is something more to it.

Now that its the PCB with the whip hand, and the players seemingly damaging 'our league', I wonder how much we will be pandering for justice to be handed out. Last time people got pretty defensive over the trio, wanting to 'protect Pakistan' at all costs.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1562 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You dont do a lot of things which South Asian cricket boards have been doing for many years

Look - I'm not saying the two players are innocent. However, at this stage, I think it would be equally unfair to deem them guilty. The PCB should not have released a statement or made things public until their investigation was done IMO.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They can not do that. They have to do it to the next lot now.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I don't know whether it was poor wording by Sethi or he literally meant that. "felt" is not conclusive evidence.
    He said that they had slipped and had credible information that they could harm the league so felt that they should be suspended, and that they will get the chance to defend themselves. Because players were informed not to mingle with suspect characters and were even given a list of suspected shoddy characters. Also there are certain SOP's that PCB enforces during PSL. That is not mingling with anyone who has no business with PSL and is not your relative and also there are issued special sims so think they might have caught some glimpses of their chats with shoddy chracters or breach of the SOP so they might have felt it right to ban them.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont do a lot of things which South Asian cricket boards have been doing for many years

Look - I'm not saying the two players are innocent. However, at this stage, I think it would be equally unfair to deem them guilty. The PCB should not have released a statement or made things public until their investigation was done IMO.
    I think it was necessary, because if they wouldn't have then there would have been a lot media conspiracies.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    If they are guilty of fixing then they should be banned for life. Enough of this nonsense. However, let's not put the horse before the cart, no need of labeling them guilty etc.
    I know many people dont want to listen to the truth here, but lets not pretend that nothing has happened here.

Being suspended means something serious has happened. Now a proper case is being made, and this has been a warning sent out to all those other fools thinking about doing something stupid

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to make of Najam sethi's interview he sounded so sure and didn't have any problem in naming the players and even encouraged Alan Wilkins to take the players name on air. This tells me they hv got enough evidence to nail the suspects. It's so gross.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PCB did the right thing here. Its only day 2 of PSL and they have found this out.

This goes out as a warning to every other player that PCB won't allow such matters go unnoticed.

By this being made public, atleast we know that the next couple of games would be cleaned, as everyone could see the warning

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They were seen mingling with a few members of the syndicate therefore PCB suspended them. At the moment PCB doesn't know whether they have done spot fixing or were going to do spot fixing. That is what Sethi implied in his statement. They are being sent back and come clean whether have done it or were going to do it or were just enjoying a fancy meal for free.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The players have been issued a showcause and hv been given time to present their defence. Najam Sethi.

You seldom issue a showcause to an employe unless the policy breach has taken place.

Sounds so scary to me...

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    We never learn. Sharjeel too for goodness sake

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I have learnt my lesson with Pakistani cricket. Time to look for other openers.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    They were seen mingling with a few members of the syndicate therefore PCB suspended them. At the moment PCB doesn't know whether they have done spot fixing or were going to do spot fixing. That is what Sethi implied in his statement. They are being sent back and come clean whether have done it or were going to do it or were just enjoying a fancy meal for free.
    Is there some decent source reporting that ?

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That isn't right
    It is right. Its the only way to save Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It doesn't Matter sharjeel, PCB includes players back in the team, even if you get caught eg Amir... If you don't get caught then great chance of getting money

P.S : I do back amir but don't back this idea that might come into brains of players

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is right. Its the only way to save Pakistan cricket.
    ???To ban cricketers that were allowed and given message like now we decided to ban ,ok chalo goodbye? Its not a circus there are laws,if this duo is found guilty then yeah because there is no excuse,no way should Amir,Asif,Butt be banned "all of a sudden now" ,would only damage the reputation of PCT and PCB.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ? are you for real?

This has to be made public, so that others who are upto no good are warned
    What if there is nothing serious ? just an approach ? and they are 'free' to play again?

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    many might not like this, but i think what PCB has done here is top notch.

THey have shown by example that there will be zero tolerance. The leagues reputation is really important, or it could end up like the Bangladesh Premier League which is full of fixing.

If the players have been warned of the people not to mingle with then why do it?
    I agree. Pakistan cricket is at a low anyway, might as well weed out the shady characters while the expectations are low. If other leagues want to turn a blind eye to what's going on let them. PCB has my full support on this.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 10th February 2017 at 23:10.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much of this is related to the incident of Sharjeel getting blackmailed for a video or whatever it was in the past. Could have all started form there

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What if there is nothing serious ? just an approach ? and they are 'free' to play again?
    That's a ban,if not informed.

http://www.scmp.com/sport/article/19...approaches-fix

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there a thing last year about Sharjeel and a blackmail attempt, or am I imagining this?

If true maybe it has something to do with that.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    I agree. Pakistan cricket is at a low anyway, might as well weed out the shady characters while the expectations are low. If other leagues want to turn a blind eye to what's going on let them. PCB has my full support on this.
    No concrete evidence has been given,from the exact wordings of Sethi :
    -We have reason to believe they 'may' have slipped up
    -We have 'sufficient reason to believe they 'could' -'might' have damaged the league
    -We meet the duo and took this decision and which is to "suggest" its the right decision.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    No concrete evidence has been given,from the exact wordings of Sethi :
    -We have reason to believe they 'may' have slipped up
    -We have 'sufficient reason to believe they 'could' -'might' have damaged the league
    -We meet the duo and took this decision and which is to "suggest" its the right decision.
    Obviously I am assuming that there is good reason for the PCB to believe something shady has taken place. If the duo can prove that this is all a misunderstanding, great. The ball is now in their court.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3918 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Wasn't there a thing last year about Sharjeel and a blackmail attempt, or am I imagining this?

If true maybe it has something to do with that.
    There was, my first reaction was that this isn't the first time I'm hearing Sharjeel get linked to this mess, but I'm not able to recall anything more than that.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhhh.. How thick you could be to do fixing now.. I mean shrajeel is going to have a lot of offers from t20 leagues around the world and after what happened with the three fixers how could anyone now think of involving in such an activity.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    There was, my first reaction was that this isn't the first time I'm hearing Sharjeel get linked to this mess, but I'm not able to recall anything more than that.
    Yeah figured. Thanks.

One can only hope this isn't a big story [personally think it is] as the media/Sethi is making it out to be.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then there are people like @Junaids who keep saying Pakistan has too many good boys in their cricketing lineup... and we need the the spot fixing trio back in the side to induce some aggression in the side, that has tame spineless captains like Misbah

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Some Indian media reporting it as spot fixing.
    Indian media doesn't know anything.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shameful!! both should be banned for life if found guilty for the time being, they are innocent and we have to wait and watch.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From the video above I feel it could be anything from a large scale corruption process, or a smaller issue being made out to be bigger than it is. Either way pretty stupid from both the players and if found guilty they should be be shown the door!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Rishwat View Post
    Two good openers. I was wondering just today why Latif hadn't figured in Australia.

Anyway, par for the course with Pakistan cricket. Might as just wind the game up there and turn out the lights.
    Latif is a hack anyway. Sharjeel could be serious loss though.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Uhhh.. How thick you could be to do fixing now.. I mean shrajeel is going to have a lot of offers from t20 leagues around the world and after what happened with the three fixers how could anyone now think of involving in such an activity.
    Obviously there are players who have been getting away with it, and I'm not just talking about Pakistan players here. That's why it's important PCB takes a firm stand if there is a serious infringement. Each board can only be responsible for the game in their own country.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    According to PCB sources, both the players were caught by PCB’s security and anti-corruption officer Col Azam on Thursday night while connecting with suspected people.

Sources said both the players have confessed to be in contact with the suspected people, with their international careers now at verge of being ended.

Quotes from PCB as of 30 mins ago.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    gotta feel for Misbah. Whenever crap happens, he is left to do the clean up
    This'll sound harsh, but maybe Misbah needs to exert himself more as a leader. Keep his team in line

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very disappointed with this. Even more disappointing to find out that Indians were involved.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah news coming out now is that both the players "met" the bookie responsible and the person on the list of people to look out for [Sethi statement].

Hence the "could've", "might've" statement...Good on PCB tbf. The supposedly warned players beforehand too.

Sharjeel and Latif have themselves to blame and no-one else.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abughio View Post
    get your facts right man. Hyderabad is not a small city..

you can say it only in terms of cricketing history.
    Sir jee , Hyderabad IS a small city .

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were not convicted for fixing to lose a match. They were convicted for fixing to bowl no balls .. this type of betting dosent exsist. . IT was was a fake setup and they got cought red handed taking money (bribe) to ball no. balls.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khalid Latif is part of Karachi mafia so I would not be surprised if he is indeed involved in fixing.

The shocking one is Sharjeel who is from a small city Hyderabad; the big lights has gone to his head and is moving in wrong crowd.
    How many Karachiites have been involved in match fixing vs the number of Punjabis?

I can't think of a single person from Karachi that has ever been accused of match fixing.

From Punjab:
    Asif (Convicted)
    Amir (Convicted)
    Butt (Convicted)
    Salim Malik (Convicted)
    Ata-ur-Rehman (Convicted)
    Wasim Akram (Accused)

Basit Ali and Rashid Latif were whistle blowers in the 90s and guess which city they both hail from?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    shocking hope they both are clean

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imagine.
    A convicted spot fixer whose been through rehabilitation (ICC Courses etc etc), makes a comeback into the International team and now a colleague is suspended for "corruption"...

If this is true then, and having been in the changing room and played alongside someone whose literally been though it, how stupid can a player be to indulge in these practices???

Don't the players talk to each other in the changing rooms? Didn't Ami impart any of the knowledge, worldly experiences he gained over the last 6-7 years???

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I heard Wilkins announce it during the match,I almost had a mini heart attack.Both of them should be banned for life if found to be guilty.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as much as I hate him, Seth was excellent on tv, spoke very well. I think it was important he came on to clarify the exact state of affairs, swirling speculation is almost as damaging as the reality of whats going on.