Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Most posters should stop their dramaybaazi of my heart sank this and that.

You are the same lot who defended amirs comeback so wjy cry now.

Even if the player gets banned, after a year or two most will be crying that he should return
    Spot on.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    It really isn't. Amir was offered £8k. That is just pocket change. Some of these players are village idiots and don't understand risk vs reward.
    No fixing money can match the income of a career. From County, PL/SL, PCB & other media/endorsements, at 18, Amir was standing at $25mn at least in next 20 years - add to that another 35 years of stardom in mass media, cricket media. If you ask me, it's worth about PK rupees 450-500 crore in 50+ years.

These are idiots either - no one is that dumb, at least after looking at Amir. I know exactly what happened - you'll know it as well if ever we come to know the truth - these players have God fathers with long, long reach; who forces them & gives protection.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does it always have to be our best player
    Wouldn't say he's the best player
    One trick pont

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Irfan & Latif I can understand - players standing on their last step of International career; but this guy Sharjeel had a decade left in career!!!!!!!!!

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Irfan & Latif I can understand - players standing on their last step of International career; but this guy Sharjeel had a decade left in career!!!!!!!!!
    I think we can all agree, it's pointless to use logic when it comes to spot/match fixers.

Salman Butt was the biggest example. Educated, captain, and 7-10 years left in his career. Threw it all away.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No fixing money can match the income of a career. From County, PL/SL, PCB & other media/endorsements, at 18, Amir was standing at $25mn at least in next 20 years - add to that another 35 years of stardom in mass media, cricket media. If you ask me, it's worth about PK rupees 450-500 crore in 50+ years.

These are idiots either - no one is that dumb, at least after looking at Amir. I know exactly what happened - you'll know it as well if ever we come to know the truth - these players have God fathers with long, long reach; who forces them & gives protection.
    This is exactly why i said it difficult to refuse for many reasons previously

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not enough people blaming india so it should be india

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is absolutely terrible. Sharjeel doing any wrong, the idea had never crossed my mind. Poorly educated people these are. Sharjeel had the world under his feet now and he's just did the unimaginable.

I was already dreaming of him matching the likes of David Warner and B Mac .

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think these players are being made qurbani ka bakra to hide corruption of bigger fish involved in this league. Inko suspend kar ke clean image bana rahe hain.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am in utter disbelief. I though we were heading in a new direction very slowly but surely to becoming a dominant cricket team. I honestly don't mind not having Khalid Latif or Mohammad Irfan anymore but Sharjeel Khan getting involved in this scenario has disappointed me so much.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nothing short of Life ban and public humiliation. If they haven't learned any lesson from Amir/Asif/Butt incident, this means they won't ever.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    This is absolutely terrible. Sharjeel doing any wrong, the idea had never crossed my mind. Poorly educated people these are. Sharjeel had the world under his feet now and he's just did the unimaginable.

I was already dreaming of him matching the likes of David Warner and B Mac .
    Lack of education is an easy escape route. You don't need education to tell you what's right or wrong, your morality should be enough. Education comes into the frame when you're trying to decide whether a quick buck from match/spot fixing is worth 10+ years on the intl circuit.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What is the maximum time period you have to report a 'meeting' in. The pictures are from last night and they got suspended the next day.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What is the maximum time period you have to report a 'meeting' in. The pictures are from last night and they got suspended the next day.
    The one where they were sitting in a restaurant? That picture was old which started circulating in the social media now.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Lack of education is an easy escape route. You don't need education to tell you what's right or wrong, your morality should be enough. Education comes into the frame when you're trying to decide whether a quick buck from match/spot fixing is worth 10+ years on the intl circuit.
    This. I am tired of people using the lack of education or poor upbringing or young age as an excuse for committing crimes.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0H1T View Post
    Morality comes with education in most of the cases. If you are educated enough to know the simple mathematics that anything multiplied by zero is equal to zero, you will never want to do an act that will multiply your whole career and image by zero.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Most posters should stop their dramaybaazi of my heart sank this and that.

You are the same lot who defended amirs comeback so wjy cry now.

Even if the player gets banned, after a year or two most will be crying that he should return

we are Pakistani fans, we want Pakistan to field the best possible team ALWAYS

thats why we wanted Pakistan back, and thats why 'our hearts sink' to see Sharjeel go down like this

thats all there is to it. no dramabazi here, just the emotions of a fan who wants his team to do well

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Morality comes with education in most of the cases. If you are educated enough to know the simple mathematics that anything multiplied by zero is equal to zero, you will never want to do an act that will multiply your whole career and image by zero.
    bolded part is huge lie. The world has lot of people who are less educated / not educated at all, but are honest. And the world has lot of people who are well educated but are dishonest.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought in a country like Pakistan where religion is such a big deal, morality should come from the religion rather than education.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    bolded part is huge lie. The world has lot of people who are less educated / not educated at all, but are honest. And the world has lot of people who are well educated but are dishonest.
    Education doesn't only mean going to colleges or universities. Education starts from your parents from your home.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Morality comes with education in most of the cases.
    So most villagers are immoral according to you.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah as others have said, morality is you at its barest, your "soul" if you will. You really don't need education to teach morality.

Th other part of your post sounds like "if you can get away with robbery, so long as it goes unnoticed, it isn't robbery" to me.
    Last edited by R0H1T; 11th February 2017 at 03:53.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    I thought in a country like Pakistan where religion is such a big deal, morality should come from the religion rather than education.
    Religion is there only to educate humans . You can't say religion isn't education.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    big over reactions here. let the thing run its course.
    we dont know how the syndicate guys presented themselves to these players.

off course players should be beong ultra careful

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Religion is there only to educate humans . You can't say religion isn't education.
    It is there just to control the simple minded through the concept of reward and punishment.

Don't want to divert the topic but it is nothing but hypocrisy that a player does sajda after scoring a century one day and then caught in corruption the next day.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought Sharjeel was bit of a liability ever since the blackmail over leaked video.

I am more shocked about khalid Latif, thought he was a mature sensible guy.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont belove pcb will have enough evidence at this stage to prove anything unless they have some money trail. This hype is unnecessary at this stage. Islamabad united who is as centre of this controversy won the previous match. These steps are there just to establish its foot on discipline and ensure any plans to rig the tournament stops here.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arehaan View Post
    i dont belove pcb will have enough evidence at this stage to prove anything unless they have some money trail. This hype is unnecessary at this stage. Islamabad united who is as centre of this controversy won the previous match. These steps are there just to establish its foot on discipline and ensure any plans to rig the tournament stops here.
    agreed. maybe they met up with some1 and didnt know what this guys true intentions were or what they were truly about. that can happen easily right.
    and now they have been sent home because they have phone traffic from this person.who knows what the content is.
    i just urge every1 to wait because if players r somehow clean then every1 will say pcb has brushed it under the carpet

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    It is there just to control the simple minded through the concept of reward and punishment.

Don't want to divert the topic but it is nothing but hypocrisy that a player does sajda after scoring a century one day and then caught in corruption the next day.
    Our Creator has put the reward and punishment centers in the Limbic System, so the same method is used in the religion.

Religion doesn't teach you to do sajda in one match and then fix the other match. It is the human instinct that makes you do such mistakes.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    That is a completely different matter.

If Butt performs - he should be in consideration. Back then - we did not have such strict standards and training and coaching with regards to bookies or even an anti-corruption unit. Anyhow - Butt already served his time and completed his punishment.

If guilty - Sharjeel and Latif should be given harsher punishments as they should be full aware of the consequences of fixing after the fate of the trio. Looks like they did not learn a single lession....
    if these two found guilty i don't think butt and and asif will b recalled...that will b good for pak cricket.
    BTW if they found, so be it we have many good openers and they will come so good than sharjeel....so don't loose heart guys...itz not end of the world

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extreme over-reaction here as usual.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irfan now out of the psl over corruption charges. Islamabad's ship is sinking fast.

I think Ahmed Shehzad has more talent than Sachin Tendulkar ever had
    -Razzaq

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well Hussain Talat will get a chance

Shadab Khan/ Ruman Raees to replace Irfan

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Apparently three groups of players under investigation.

first group: that accepted offers of spot fixing and have been strictly dealt with and sent to home

second group: that were offered but they didn't accepted...

third group: that told PCB about these offers..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Venue
    Toronto-Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to wait until the investigation is complete, but one thing is for sure that players nowadays have absolutely no excuse what so ever regarding corrupt behaviour. In this instance since the 2010 incidence Pakistani cricketers have had tremendous restrictions and have gone through rigorous training regarding corruption. Also the players are even shown pictures etc of potential bookies and everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows you must report any approach so I will not buy into any excuse about ignorance on that front.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK so after searching around, i have found out another report where SHarjeel and Khalid have told who bought them to this guy and who else he is in with contact.

THings are getting spicy. And the player who bought sharjeel and khalid to this guy was already once under investigating of corruption in cricket few years ago.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The third player rumored from Karachi also. It's not whom people are saying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so after searching around, i have found out another report where SHarjeel and Khalid have told who bought them to this guy and who else he is in with contact.

THings are getting spicy. And the player who bought sharjeel and khalid to this guy was already once under investigating of corruption in cricket few years ago.
    And Sharjeel and him both like parathas.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    central contracts suspended. seems serious stuff against these both players.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    763 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why are the names of players who have been investigated being revealed? Only reveal those names who actually were punished or sent home or whatever. The others unnecessarily get their names tarnished.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Why are the names of players who have been investigated being revealed? Only reveal those names who actually were punished or sent home or whatever. The others unnecessarily get their names tarnished.
    true. but with PCB you can't expect such professionalism.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    Because it's field day for sethi and sharyar,interview non stop

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sethi should never have named any of the players. If they're found guilty then fair do's but this has a whiff of Sethi trying to look good tbh.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some news channels reporting that Sharjeel had recieved money to play some dot balls. Hopefully this isn't true otherwise Sharjeel is toast

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you meant brought and not bought. Correct?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    I think you meant brought and not bought. Correct?
    Yup. Often make this mistake

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never could understand, why cricketers do fixing..
    May be i am wrong but i dont think it is money..
    How much money could he earn by fixing ? He had 70000 pound deal with english county.. Another good psl and he would have been playing all the leagues in the world Plus being a central contracted player and match fee combined, he was making tons of money..

I think they may do it for the thrill of it, the thrill of doing something illegal and getting away with it.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My son did nothing wrong, claims Sharjeel’s father

Opening batsman Sharjeel Khan’s father, Sohail Khan, said on Saturday that his son did not do anything wrong after the player was suspended from the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) amid corruption allegations.

Addressing the media, the 27-year-old’s father said that it is possible that the opener interacted with someone unknowingly during his stay at the hotel in the United Arab Emirates, but he believes the left-hander will be cleared of all charges since “he did nothing wrong”.

“When you are on an international tour, or are playing abroad, then you interact with many people,” he said. “So maybe he met with someone unknowingly who was under the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) radar. But I talked to him and I can assure you he did nothing wrong.”

Sharjeel, along with Islamabad United teammate Khalid Latif, was provisionally suspended by the PSL and PCB authorities. However, his father believes his son is innocent of any wrongdoing.

“I have taught him cricket since he was 12-years-old and I know his character,” he said. “So I am hopeful that he will be cleared of these allegations.” Sohail added that he was talking to the media because Sharjeel himself could not come forward under the board’s code of conduct.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1323576...rjeels-father/

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul View Post
    My son did nothing wrong, claims Sharjeel’s father

Opening batsman Sharjeel Khan’s father, Sohail Khan, said on Saturday that his son did not do anything wrong after the player was suspended from the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) amid corruption allegations.

Addressing the media, the 27-year-old’s father said that it is possible that the opener interacted with someone unknowingly during his stay at the hotel in the United Arab Emirates, but he believes the left-hander will be cleared of all charges since “he did nothing wrong”.

“When you are on an international tour, or are playing abroad, then you interact with many people,” he said. “So maybe he met with someone unknowingly who was under the Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) radar. But I talked to him and I can assure you he did nothing wrong.”

Sharjeel, along with Islamabad United teammate Khalid Latif, was provisionally suspended by the PSL and PCB authorities. However, his father believes his son is innocent of any wrongdoing.

“I have taught him cricket since he was 12-years-old and I know his character,” he said. “So I am hopeful that he will be cleared of these allegations.” Sohail added that he was talking to the media because Sharjeel himself could not come forward under the board’s code of conduct.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1323576...rjeels-father/
    I sincerely hope that he is right. It is obvious that he will feel this way though, being a parent.

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Obvious reaction from his father.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would have made so much money with PSL. Sharejeel was due to play in England T20 comp too. Why would he throw all that away. I just don't understand what goes through their minds.
    My condolences. You will have to change your profile picture once again . The first was Mukhtar Ahmed if I recall correctly.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have friendship with suspended cricketer Sharjeel Khan, I'm not a bookie: Sanaullah

DUBAI – Sanaullah, an alleged bookie seen in a picture with Sharjil Khan and Khalid Latif, who were suspended on spot-fixing charges, on Saturday took to media stating, “I am not a bookie but a friend of the players”.

Talking to a private news channel, Sanaullah said that he has friendship with Sharjil Khan before starting of his cricket career, adding that he ran a business in Dubai and just invited them for having a meal together.

Sanaulla who hails from Dera Ghazi Khan also confirmed his presence in the picture, adding that he has friendship with many other players.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had been provisionally suspended Islamabad United players Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in the ongoing second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2017 in Dubai.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/spor...kie-sanaullah/

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    springdale brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have friendship with suspended cricketer Sharjeel Khan, I'm not a bookie: Sanaullah

DUBAI – Sanaullah, an alleged bookie seen in a picture with Sharjil Khan and Khalid Latif, who were suspended on spot-fixing charges, on Saturday took to media stating, “I am not a bookie but a friend of the players”.

Talking to a private news channel, Sanaullah said that he has friendship with Sharjil Khan before starting of his cricket career, adding that he ran a business in Dubai and just invited them for having a meal together.

Sanaulla who hails from Dera Ghazi Khan also confirmed his presence in the picture, adding that he has friendship with many other players.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had been provisionally suspended Islamabad United players Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in the ongoing second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2017 in Dubai.

See this @aliasad1998

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Abdul
    Is it confirmed that sharjeel and latif are suspended because they had dinner with this guy? Or there could be another reason unrelated to this?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    See this @aliasad1998
    Makes sense now lol

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dawn News said the guy in the picture with Latif and Sharjeel wasn't a bookie, but a businessman that knew both, Sharjeel & Latif for years, also the picture was taken some time ago & wasn't new.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Dr_Bassim see the reports above.

The reason why I'm skeptical there's any legit re. corruption.

PCB and Sethi probably handled this the wrong way, without any investigation.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    @Dr_Bassim see the reports above.

The reason why I'm skeptical there's any legit re. corruption.

PCB and Sethi probably handled this the wrong way, without any investigation.
    @Hawkeye This is what I feel as well. And not only this would diminish reputation of both the players but also the league.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Both the father and "friend" have come out now, so let's see what the pcb have for us.

I mean, why would a bookie and the partakers in corruption, take a pic before the crime and post it for everyone to see?

Sounds so stupid.

The pcb better have solid evidence and come out with this story because it is sounding more like incompetence by the pcb and jumping to conclusions, without proper investigation.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif provisionally suspended by PCB

Quote Originally Posted by Moiza View Post
    @Abdul
    Is it confirmed that sharjeel and latif are suspended because they had dinner with this guy? Or there could be another reason unrelated to this?
    Exactly my point. It is the media´s own work, own speculations that their suspension has to do with this Sanaullah guy. The PCB or any other official report doesn´t suggest that. It could go down to this whole thing having nothing to do with this guy or the photo at all.

By the way, some half an hour ago or so, GEO News reported that the ICC´s ACU had been closely following Sharjeel´s activities right since the tour of England! So it´s all muddy, foggy and unclear at this stage. All we´re left with are the media´s speculations.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi said charge sheet will be handed over to the players in a day or so, Case will go to a proper tribunal.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    Both the father and "friend" have come out now, so let's see what the pcb have for us.

I mean, why would a bookie and the partakers in corruption, take a pic before the crime and post it for everyone to see?

Sounds so stupid.

The pcb better have solid evidence and come out with this story because it is sounding more like incompetence by the pcb and jumping to conclusions, without proper investigation.
    I hope you have more common sense than this. The picture is an old one and doesn't even look like from Dubai. It was just plucked out from Facebook and media started playing it everywhere. This Picture has nothing to do with what happened. PCB and ICC must have concrete evidence to take such a bold decision. But as usual we will still be in denial and think it is a misunderstanding or India did it because 'PSL is better than IPL'. Pathetic. Use some common sense.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Sethi should never have named any of the players. If they're found guilty then fair do's but this has a whiff of Sethi trying to look good tbh.
    That's exactly what I've been saying since the news broke.

To suspend the players, publicially name & shame them and put them on a plane back to Pakistan without having completed the investigation is very unprofessional by PCB (as usual). They should have had all the facts at hand if they do have anything concrete against the players before publicaly accusing them.

Now -I'm not saying the players are innocent - but if the players are innocent, not only would he have accused the players wrongly, Sethi would have also tainted the PSL unnecieraly and unreversebly.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jazbati View Post
    I hope you have more common sense than this. The picture is an old one and doesn't even look like from Dubai. It was just plucked out from Facebook and media started playing it everywhere. This Picture has nothing to do with what happened. PCB and ICC must have concrete evidence to take such a bold decision. But as usual we will still be in denial and think it is a misunderstanding or India did it because 'PSL is better than IPL'. Pathetic. Use some common sense.
    It shows the lengths our fans go to apologise for "talented" players when they are mired in these scandals. Why would PCB tarnish their own biggest product, a multimillion dollar cash cow, by publicly suspending two players including one of the biggest crowd pullers of the tournament in Sharjeel without any basis ?

PCB have an anti-corruption unit that's working in concert with the ICC's ACU so its not just the PCB who are investigating these allegations. They've been actively surveilling various individuals on their watchlist at this tournament and it appears these two players have met with one individual on that list with one of the allegations being their failure to report the approach which IS an offence itself.

What we don't know is whether there was any substantive plot to fix and whether they agreed to do so. There'll be a tribunal so the players will get their chance to tell their side of the story.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    That's exactly what I've been saying since the news broke.

To suspend the players, publicially name & shame them and put them on a plane back to Pakistan without having completed the investigation is very unprofessional by PCB (as usual). They should have had all the facts at hand if they do have anything concrete against the players before publicaly accusing them.

Now -I'm not saying the players are innocent - but if the players are innocent, not only would he have accused the players wrongly, Sethi would have also tainted the PSL unnecieraly and unreversebly.
    The PCB have a watchlist of individuals that they warn their players against approaching and to report them if approached.

If you have two players flouting those rules then how can you allow the players to continue the tournament, especially if they are being lured into a plot to fix ? The integrity of the tournament is at stake and if you do not take action it'll have repercussions down the line such as reduced sponsor interest, unwillingness of foreign players to play etc.

You do not suspend two internationally capped players, one of whom the golden boy of Pakistan cricket at the moment and one of the biggest crowd pullers of the PSL, without there being basis to do so.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    It shows the lengths our fans go to apologise for "talented" players when they are mired in these scandals. Why would PCB tarnish their own biggest product, a multimillion dollar cash cow, by publicly suspending two players including one of the biggest crowd pullers of the tournament in Sharjeel without any basis ?

PCB have an anti-corruption unit that's working in concert with the ICC's ACU so its not just the PCB who are investigating these allegations. They've been actively surveilling various individuals on their watchlist at this tournament and it appears these two players have met with one individual on that list with one of the allegations being their failure to report the approach which IS an offence itself.

What we don't know is whether there was any substantive plot to fix and whether they agreed to do so. There'll be a tribunal so the players will get their chance to tell their side of the story.
    Thank you. Knowing our history, our players must be on the radar all the time. Players have mucked up and they know it. Pretty sure it's not just because or 'that' picture. A deal must have taken place for sure. Time will tell.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I am using common sense, which is not to believe a board with a history incompetence and deceit.

The fact, they are still going through investigation leaves a lot of question marks.

We hear statements of proof and what not, but still no evidence has come out and the full story?

Why is there so much in the dark?

Sorry, but I don't follow blindly.

I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I am using common sense, which is not to believe a board with a history incompetence and deceit.

The fact, they are still going through investigation leaves a lot of question marks.

We hear statements of proof and what not, but still no evidence has come out and the full story?

Why is there so much in the dark?

Sorry, but I don't follow blindly.
    Same thing happened with the 2010 Spot Fixing Case. No one was believing it. Everyone kept saying 'India' is behind it and they don't want our top players to play World Cup. These theories are laughable. It will all come out eventually in few days. UAE is known for fixing and you can approach the players quiet easily.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Same thing happened with the 2010 Spot Fixing Case. No one was believing it. Everyone kept saying 'India' is behind it and they don't want our top players to play World Cup. These theories are laughable. It will all come out eventually in few days. UAE is known for fixing and you can approach the players quiet easily.
    The evidence came out, so don't know why there was question marks during the 2010 saga.

Here, nothing has come out and we are still in the dark.

Also, the only evidence has come out from Sharjeel's father and his "friend", but still nothing from pcb?

As for history of fixing in the UAE, Pak have been playing there for over 7 years or so, but no reports of fixing?

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The evidence came out, so don't know why there was question marks during the 2010 saga.

Also, the only evidence has come out from Sharjeel's father and his "friend", but still nothing from pcb?

As for history of fixing in the UAE, Pak have been playing there for over 7 years or so, but no reports of fixing?
    the evidence came out months later, before that people were doubting notw, the pics and videos.

Can you please tell me why pcb would suspend 2 players, send them home and also give a bad name to psl if they have no evidence? What is their motive?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    the evidence came out months later, before that people were doubting notw, the pics and videos.

Can you please tell me why pcb would suspend 2 players, send them home and also give a bad name to psl if they have no evidence? What is their motive?
    They were even about to suspend Irfan. Lol

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    Players were warned. They were given an explanation. Nevertheless, they persisted.

John 3:16

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's on the news now that they have video evidence of players meeting the bookie in a public place. We all know since they have confiscated their mobile phones, there will be a lot of evidence from text messages.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post

Don't you see the differing statements between the chairmen?

sethi says one thing and sheriyar another.

Don't you see the politics of the board?

Clearly, sethi wanted to showcase he is in power and took an initiative (without full investigation).

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's on the news now that they have video evidence of players meeting the bookie in a public place. We all know since they have confiscated their mobile phones, there will be a lot of evidence from text messages.
    Good.

Let the pcb make a statement.

I'm waiting for it, just like they did by announcing the ban on these two in the middle of a live match.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If indeed the thing that Sharjeel and Khalid were suspended for was meeting that man, it doesn't make sense. It's not enough to suspend, the picture was taken some time ago, he's arguably not a bookie etc. They'd have to have better evidence than that.

If that is all the evidence they have and Sharjeel and Khalid are innocent, then PCB have messed up big time.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That picture was not even released by PCB/ICC so how can people assume that it was an evidence? Cricketers go to a lot of dinners while on tour so definitely PCB has a lot on them which will eventually come out.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    IU is not PCB's property - rich & influential people have invested in purchasing players & a fixing aligation against any of their players hurts their brand image more than the on field cricket.

There must be something much more than a picture or a dinner to send 2 PAK starting internationals back home. PCB is not that dumb to risk being sued by IU for their acts, just on suspicion.

I am not sure what actually they did, so won't comment. If it's a misunderstanding of identity, then players might get away with fines; even if they had accepted some gifts, still that's explainable as long as it's not in exchange of any on field instruction. But, if it's a case of money - these 2 are gone. Still, failing to report or inform PCB prior to attend the dinner is a punishable offence - may not be in terms of ban, but may be through heavy fine or suspension.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it only was a simple dinner with a friend then it's going to be very embarrassing for the PCB and Pakistanis in general.

This is the reason you shouldn't make statements till everything is certain, Mr Sethi.

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.