Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 400 of 620
  1. #321
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    IU is not PCB's property - rich & influential people have invested in purchasing players & a fixing aligation against any of their players hurts their brand image more than the on field cricket.

    There must be something much more than a picture or a dinner to send 2 PAK starting internationals back home. PCB is not that dumb to risk being sued by IU for their acts, just on suspicion.

    I am not sure what actually they did, so won't comment. If it's a misunderstanding of identity, then players might get away with fines; even if they had accepted some gifts, still that's explainable as long as it's not in exchange of any on field instruction. But, if it's a case of money - these 2 are gone. Still, failing to report or inform PCB prior to attend the dinner is a punishable offence - may not be in terms of ban, but may be through heavy fine or suspension.
    @MMHS What do you think about the issue? Can someone be so dumb to pull this off? It's really hard to believe that they could actually fix. Specially Sharjeel who could make this much money easily in a single match.

    Also what do you say about Sethi? In my view he has not handled this issue very well, This has been a masala stuff and probably has damaged the league more with Sethi presenting himself as savior and coming out with words like this league is our asset and we are to save it from any sort of corruption no matter how big the players are involved. (It was even rumoured that M Irfan is even suspended lol, Though he did not play and was investigated).

  2. #322
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    9,540
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    The PCB have a watchlist of individuals that they warn their players against approaching and to report them if approached.

    If you have two players flouting those rules then how can you allow the players to continue the tournament, especially if they are being lured into a plot to fix ? The integrity of the tournament is at stake and if you do not take action it'll have repercussions down the line such as reduced sponsor interest, unwillingness of foreign players to play etc.

    You do not suspend two internationally capped players, one of whom the golden boy of Pakistan cricket at the moment and one of the biggest crowd pullers of the PSL, without there being basis to do so.
    There's were ways to ban them without making everything public - specially since they don't Bhai all the details figured out and haven't finished their investigations, which means that the players may be innocent. The integrity of the tournament has already been compromised and it cannot be recovered now even if the investigations show that the players are innocent.

    Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying the players are innocent - but PCB should have got their facts straight and finished their investigation before tarnishing the PSL's reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskutty View Post
    Players were warned. They were given an explanation. Nevertheless, they persisted.
    You are missing the point. For all we know - and for all the PCB knows until they finish their investigation - these players may be innocent, yet by acting hastily the PCB has caused irreversible damage to their cash cow

  3. #323
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,236
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalhaSyed View Post
    You are missing the point. For all we know - and for all the PCB knows until they finish their investigation - these players may be innocent, yet by acting hastily the PCB has caused irreversible damage to their cash cow

    Exactly.

    If they're found innocent, Sethi has totally RUINED PSL.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  4. #324
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    13,177
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    @MMHS What do you think about the issue? Can someone be so dumb to pull this off? It's really hard to believe that they could actually fix. Specially Sharjeel who could make this much money easily in a single match.

    Also what do you say about Sethi? In my view he has not handled this issue very well, This has been a masala stuff and probably has damaged the league more with Sethi presenting himself as savior and coming out with words like this league is our asset and we are to save it from any sort of corruption no matter how big the players are involved. (It was even rumoured that M Irfan is even suspended lol, Though he did not play and was investigated).
    For the first part, I explained it in another post - these things doesn't happen in a day. Players are gradually brought into a point of no return. I shouldn't name Sharjeel here, but take Amir's example - he was standing in possible 5bn PKR in next 50 years of career in cricket & media - no one is such dumb to blow that for $10000 or so.

    It starts from small token - a drink or a casino pass, may a charming afternoon with a beautiful lady .... that's big for a kid of 17/18 coming from under privileged back ground, trying to make his mark in international cricket.

    Couple of months later it goes to about a bit chit chat on team news, strategy, whose who ....for a bit of gift - iPhone, iPad, designer suits, hand made Gucci shoes, Harmes belts.... then it goes to dropping a catch, couple of over steps, may be a run out ...

    By the time you reach to Azharuddin's status - you have too much to loose, better oblize the instructs for now what is a token money for your pay check untill caught; for people to discuss - he did that for such a piece meal ....?

    For the second part, I shouldn't comment on PAK politics, but I believe Sethi's action is more politically motivated than anything else. His employer is going through hard times on corruption, therefore there was a collective effort of "improving image" & in PAK there is none better topic than cricket to do this.

    Therefore, he took it as an opportunity but have overdone a bit initially on "eradication of corruption in PSL", until someone called him from Islamabad that you are jumping like the 3rd kid of a mother goat - here some people are making life uncomfortable for your show jumping - go slow. Hence the U turn, which again is a over reaction - in between this guy Sharjeel might get "halal"

    Corruption in T20 leagues are very common - but take other examples of different boards, how they are handling such issues, then compare SK & Sethi's action - this my only explanation. These 2 are not Ijaz Butt or Shahid Afridi to justify their actions.

  5. #325
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,529
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    It shows the lengths our fans go to apologise for "talented" players when they are mired in these scandals. Why would PCB tarnish their own biggest product, a multimillion dollar cash cow, by publicly suspending two players including one of the biggest crowd pullers of the tournament in Sharjeel without any basis ?

    PCB have an anti-corruption unit that's working in concert with the ICC's ACU so its not just the PCB who are investigating these allegations. They've been actively surveilling various individuals on their watchlist at this tournament and it appears these two players have met with one individual on that list with one of the allegations being their failure to report the approach which IS an offence itself.

    What we don't know is whether there was any substantive plot to fix and whether they agreed to do so. There'll be a tribunal so the players will get their chance to tell their side of the story.
    your post makes absolute sense if PCB was a honest and competent board. But we all know PCB is not honest and not competent. Plus their chairman is Sethi. Enough said.

  6. #326
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,565
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    your post makes absolute sense if PCB was a honest and competent board. But we all know PCB is not honest and not competent. Plus their chairman is Sethi. Enough said.
    So because they are dishonest, they will wreck and ruin their own league?


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  7. #327
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    For the first part, I explained it in another post - these things doesn't happen in a day. Players are gradually brought into a point of no return. I shouldn't name Sharjeel here, but take Amir's example - he was standing in possible 5bn PKR in next 50 years of career in cricket & media - no one is such dumb to blow that for $10000 or so.

    It starts from small token - a drink or a casino pass, may a charming afternoon with a beautiful lady .... that's big for a kid of 17/18 coming from under privileged back ground, trying to make his mark in international cricket.

    Couple of months later it goes to about a bit chit chat on team news, strategy, whose who ....for a bit of gift - iPhone, iPad, designer suits, hand made Gucci shoes, Harmes belts.... then it goes to dropping a catch, couple of over steps, may be a run out ...

    By the time you reach to Azharuddin's status - you have too much to loose, better oblize the instructs for now what is a token money for your pay check untill caught; for people to discuss - he did that for such a piece meal ....?

    For the second part, I shouldn't comment on PAK politics, but I believe Sethi's action is more politically motivated than anything else. His employer is going through hard times on corruption, therefore there was a collective effort of "improving image" & in PAK there is none better topic than cricket to do this.

    Therefore, he took it as an opportunity but have overdone a bit initially on "eradication of corruption in PSL", until someone called him from Islamabad that you are jumping like the 3rd kid of a mother goat - here some people are making life uncomfortable for your show jumping - go slow. Hence the U turn, which again is a over reaction - in between this guy Sharjeel might get "halal"

    Corruption in T20 leagues are very common - but take other examples of different boards, how they are handling such issues, then compare SK & Sethi's action - this my only explanation. These 2 are not Ijaz Butt or Shahid Afridi to justify their actions.
    I also think Sethi's stance here is politically motivated and to get public sympathy for quick action against SOME people trying to harm the league which is gonna bring cricket back home.

  8. #328
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,728
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Wasn't long before the conspiracies were cooked up by PP posters who've clearly done all the necessary investigations from their bedrooms.

    I guess Shahzaib Hassan should win an Academy Award for his part in this Sethi/CIA/Mossad/Sharif government conspiracy:

    Dawn News reported that Shahzeb Hassan had received a suspicious phone call from a man who allegedly asked to meet him in the hotel lobby. Mindful of the code of conduct, Hassan had immediately told PCB officials about the exchange.

    Sources maintained that it was Hassan's tip-off that led to action being taken against the bookies.
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1314153/psl...ions-necessary

  9. #329
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    13,965
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB may be dumb.

    But they are not going to suspend players on a picture.

    We will hear the full story in coming days.

    Yet denial will rank high among most people because it is better to assume that an incompetent board mucked up then to believe that someone you believe in let you down.

    I am going to side with PCB at the moment.

    Not guilty, but definitely not out of the woods or in the inferno because of a picture.

    Much more than that.....


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  10. #330
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    22,728
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    PCB may be dumb.

    But they are not going to suspend players on a picture.

    We will hear the full story in coming days.

    Yet denial will rank high among most people because it is better to assume that an incompetent board mucked up then to believe that someone you believe in let you down.

    I am going to side with PCB at the moment.

    Not guilty, but definitely not out of the woods or in the inferno because of a picture.

    Much more than that.....
    Of course they didn't investigate on the basis of one picture - the reports have said Col Azam, member of the Pakistan anti-corruption unit, actually caught the two players with the suspected individual !

    I guess Col Azam must also be given Academy Award for his role in the Sethi-Mossad-RAW conspiracy.

  11. #331
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    11,982
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    PCB may be dumb.

    But they are not going to suspend players on a picture.

    We will hear the full story in coming days.

    Yet denial will rank high among most people because it is better to assume that an incompetent board mucked up then to believe that someone you believe in let you down.

    I am going to side with PCB at the moment.

    Not guilty, but definitely not out of the woods or in the inferno because of a picture.

    Much more than that.....
    That picture circulating around hasn't got anything to do with this. Infact the person pictured with the said players is supposedly a friend of many Pakistani players and resides in Dubai and has been a businessman. He isn't the bookie and that picture isn't new either.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  12. #332
    Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    355
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the 2 players are now allowed to play for Islamabad? hmmmm i wonder whats going on, It would help if we found out what was going on by PCB since they suspended them. Was it simply a case of they didnt inform PCB/ICC of a suspected move or is it deeper than that.

  13. #333
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    11,127
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  14. #334
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    11,982
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rumours are both players have been cleared. Just twitter rumours though, so atm it's difficult to confirm.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  15. #335
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    15,666
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Rumours are both players have been cleared. Just twitter rumours though, so atm it's difficult to confirm.
    I hope this is true.

  16. #336
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    11,982
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    I hope this is true.
    I can't see it being true tbh. I think it'll take longer than a few hours for the true facts to come out.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  17. #337
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    15,679
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Rumours are both players have been cleared. Just twitter rumours though, so atm it's difficult to confirm.
    Hope so


    Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

  18. #338
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    15,666
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I can't see it being true tbh. I think it'll take longer than a few hours for the true facts to come out.
    I know. The PCB has gone too far for it to be nothing. Still Just hoping against hope.

  19. #339
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    11,127
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Show more responsibility, Misbah tells players

    Misbah-ul-Haq, Pakistan’s Test captain, on Sunday (February 12) urged his fellow players to show more responsibility in the wake of another spot-fixing scandal which has rocked the Pakistan Super League.

    Misbah-led Islamabad United were jolted when Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, two of their players, were expelled from the league after being found in breach of the anti-corruption code. Mohammad Irfan, another of their players, was one of three others investigated but cleared, the other two being Shahzaib Hasan of Karachi Kings and Quetta Gladiators’ Zulfiqar Babar.

    Misbah is known for having played a key role in reviving the image of Pakistan cricket in the wake of the 2010 spot-fixing scandal which resulted in bans on Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif.

    He exhorted his fellow players to show more caution and responsibility.

    “It was shocking to know of the incident and I was very disappointed as it has jolted the team,” Misbah told Wisden India. “I think the incident has increased our responsibilities as players. We need to show more caution which will help Pakistan cricket in the future.”

    Misbah said the players needed to show more focus on the game itself. “It’s a tough situation and we should endeavour to make sure such incidents do not recur in Pakistan cricket,” he added. “I think until the investigation into the whole matter is completed, we should avoid speaking more on it.”

    Last week, Misbah requested the Pakistan Cricket Board to give him more time to decide about his Test future. He stopped short of retiring after the Sydney Test last month which was Pakistan’s third straight loss on their tour of Australia, saying he would decide his future during the PSL.

    http://www.wisdenindia.com/cricket-n...players/241173


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  20. #340
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    25,636
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    to my knowledge, ICC passed some evidence of these two players being involved in some suspicious activity which is why their phones were taken into custody and they were sent home by PCB. This is not PCB taking action on some random selfie. PCB will investigate charges that the ICC's ACU has put forward. lets see how things unfold.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

  21. #341
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    4,533
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    to my knowledge, ICC passed some evidence of these two players being involved in some suspicious activity which is why their phones were taken into custody and they were sent home by PCB. This is not PCB taking action on some random selfie. PCB will investigate charges that the ICC's ACU has put forward. lets see how things unfold.
    how do u know this..

  22. #342
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    to my knowledge, ICC passed some evidence of these two players being involved in some suspicious activity which is why their phones were taken into custody and they were sent home by PCB. This is not PCB taking action on some random selfie. PCB will investigate charges that the ICC's ACU has put forward. lets see how things unfold.
    There is a short video report on Geo news' website that says something similar. That the ICC ACU was watching them for some months, since the England tour. That the action was taken only after they finally had definite evidence. As soon as they had evidence, they brought the PCB into the mix, who then took the action of suspending them on the ACU's recommendation.

  23. #343
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    38,954
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    to my knowledge, ICC passed some evidence of these two players being involved in some suspicious activity which is why their phones were taken into custody and they were sent home by PCB. This is not PCB taking action on some random selfie. PCB will investigate charges that the ICC's ACU has put forward. lets see how things unfold.
    Exactly.

    The ICC's team was involved in this too.

    It's clear there were grounds for suspension even though it's shocking to believe the PCB could do something right for once.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  24. #344
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,383
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    how do u know this..
    Its all over the news channels...

  25. #345
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    515
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Rumours are both players have been cleared. Just twitter rumours though, so atm it's difficult to confirm.
    I think the other 3 players are cleared

  26. #346
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    154
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am still dumbfounded at Sharjeel Khan's actions. Even if you are corrupt at heart, you must know that the risks of fixing in the current atmosphere greatly outweigh the benefits when your career is set up so nicely. I am fascinated by how this man's mind must work.

  27. #347
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,236
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There probably is some evidence against Sharj/Khalid.

    If true, should be banned for life!!!


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  28. #348
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    15,666
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taaya View Post
    I am still dumbfounded at Sharjeel Khan's actions. Even if you are corrupt at heart, you must know that the risks of fixing in the current atmosphere greatly outweigh the benefits when your career is set up so nicely. I am fascinated by how this man's mind must work.
    Same here. I can't imagine how someone would do it especially after the trio scandal. They somehow think that nobody will catch them.

  29. #349
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    1,022
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really hoping both of them didn't actually do something and are ultimately cleared.

    Then again, why would PCB kick them out of the PSL and send them home if it was mere speculation.

    Please prove me wrong.

  30. #350
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    456
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am facing a dilemma a lot of others are facing too . .

    There are a few types of people on this issue but all drawing parallels with 2010:

    1.) Ban both of them for life . . but then they advocated a life ban for Asif, Amir and Butt too . . and that's fine cuz they're consistent with their thoughts

    2.) Depending on what they did, hand them similar treatment to what Asif, Amir and Butt got

    3.) Then there's a third type which is where I think I lie . . and that is:
    I.) I advocated Amir to return much like a lot of others did and the primary reason behind that was:
    a.) He was young . .
    b.) He accepted his mistake very early in the piece . . before the court hearing in Doha . . and showed remorse . . accepted he made a mistake . . and then did the entire ICC program
    II.) I do not want Asif or Butt to ever play cricket for Pakistan again because:
    a.) They were NOT young! had been through the rigors of international cricket for a long time
    b.) Butt was captain for god's sake!
    c.) The worst out of all . . they did not accept that they did it until the very end!! They kept denying it . . went to CAS in Switzerland (for a crime they committed) . . and kept trying to fool the public . . UNTIL!!! THey realized Amir was a on a fast track back and ICC and PCB were both supporting him . . and then they decided to confess their mistake . .
    AND hence, I never want them to play for Pakistan again . .

    Now the dilemma is! I want Sharjeel and Khalid to get banned for life . . because . .if you can still commit this heinous crime after what these guys went through in 2010 . . and that didnt teach you a lesson, you're corrupt at heart . . you're corrupt through and through! and you don't deserve any sympathy . .

    People's argument of setting the right precedent in 2010 would have not caused this to happen! I don't buy that ONE BIT! If you can do this to yourself after those 3 went to jail, spent millions on lawyers, lost their self respected, were ridiculed home and abroad, and were ripped off their bread and butter for the best part of their careers . . then even a life ban on them wouldn't have stopped this! BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT THROUGH AND THROUGH . .

    When I tell people that I lie in Category 3, a lot of people say that it's unfair for you to advocate a life ban on Sharjeel and Khalid but not on Amir . .


    I'd love to see where all of you lie? or if there is another category . .

  31. #351
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Paris
    Runs
    6,651
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    I am facing a dilemma a lot of others are facing too . .

    There are a few types of people on this issue but all drawing parallels with 2010:

    1.) Ban both of them for life . . but then they advocated a life ban for Asif, Amir and Butt too . . and that's fine cuz they're consistent with their thoughts

    2.) Depending on what they did, hand them similar treatment to what Asif, Amir and Butt got

    3.) Then there's a third type which is where I think I lie . . and that is:
    I.) I advocated Amir to return much like a lot of others did and the primary reason behind that was:
    a.) He was young . .
    b.) He accepted his mistake very early in the piece . . before the court hearing in Doha . . and showed remorse . . accepted he made a mistake . . and then did the entire ICC program
    II.) I do not want Asif or Butt to ever play cricket for Pakistan again because:
    a.) They were NOT young! had been through the rigors of international cricket for a long time
    b.) Butt was captain for god's sake!
    c.) The worst out of all . . they did not accept that they did it until the very end!! They kept denying it . . went to CAS in Switzerland (for a crime they committed) . . and kept trying to fool the public . . UNTIL!!! THey realized Amir was a on a fast track back and ICC and PCB were both supporting him . . and then they decided to confess their mistake . .
    AND hence, I never want them to play for Pakistan again . .

    Now the dilemma is! I want Sharjeel and Khalid to get banned for life . . because . .if you can still commit this heinous crime after what these guys went through in 2010 . . and that didnt teach you a lesson, you're corrupt at heart . . you're corrupt through and through! and you don't deserve any sympathy . .

    People's argument of setting the right precedent in 2010 would have not caused this to happen! I don't buy that ONE BIT! If you can do this to yourself after those 3 went to jail, spent millions on lawyers, lost their self respected, were ridiculed home and abroad, and were ripped off their bread and butter for the best part of their careers . . then even a life ban on them wouldn't have stopped this! BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT THROUGH AND THROUGH . .

    When I tell people that I lie in Category 3, a lot of people say that it's unfair for you to advocate a life ban on Sharjeel and Khalid but not on Amir . .


    I'd love to see where all of you lie? or if there is another category . .
    I agree with everything!
    Good post!

  32. #352
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,565
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    I am facing a dilemma a lot of others are facing too . .

    There are a few types of people on this issue but all drawing parallels with 2010:

    1.) Ban both of them for life . . but then they advocated a life ban for Asif, Amir and Butt too . . and that's fine cuz they're consistent with their thoughts

    2.) Depending on what they did, hand them similar treatment to what Asif, Amir and Butt got

    3.) Then there's a third type which is where I think I lie . . and that is:
    I.) I advocated Amir to return much like a lot of others did and the primary reason behind that was:
    a.) He was young . .
    b.) He accepted his mistake very early in the piece . . before the court hearing in Doha . . and showed remorse . . accepted he made a mistake . . and then did the entire ICC program
    II.) I do not want Asif or Butt to ever play cricket for Pakistan again because:
    a.) They were NOT young! had been through the rigors of international cricket for a long time
    b.) Butt was captain for god's sake!
    c.) The worst out of all . . they did not accept that they did it until the very end!! They kept denying it . . went to CAS in Switzerland (for a crime they committed) . . and kept trying to fool the public . . UNTIL!!! THey realized Amir was a on a fast track back and ICC and PCB were both supporting him . . and then they decided to confess their mistake . .
    AND hence, I never want them to play for Pakistan again . .

    Now the dilemma is! I want Sharjeel and Khalid to get banned for life . . because . .if you can still commit this heinous crime after what these guys went through in 2010 . . and that didnt teach you a lesson, you're corrupt at heart . . you're corrupt through and through! and you don't deserve any sympathy . .

    People's argument of setting the right precedent in 2010 would have not caused this to happen! I don't buy that ONE BIT! If you can do this to yourself after those 3 went to jail, spent millions on lawyers, lost their self respected, were ridiculed home and abroad, and were ripped off their bread and butter for the best part of their careers . . then even a life ban on them wouldn't have stopped this! BECAUSE THEY ARE CORRUPT THROUGH AND THROUGH . .

    When I tell people that I lie in Category 3, a lot of people say that it's unfair for you to advocate a life ban on Sharjeel and Khalid but not on Amir . .


    I'd love to see where all of you lie? or if there is another category . .
    good post. Only thing I.would like to add

    The 2010 ban and jail cannot be used as an example and punishment for pak players.

    The ban was by ICC and not pcb. The jail was by England and not Pakistan. Pakistani players only saw their board helping the fixers, not punishing them. So in their mind they were safe if they don't get caught in other countries.

    Pcb has never punished a.single fixer. Even kaneria was banned by ecb. Players had no reason to fear pcb. What pcb does now will be the future example for pak players.

  33. #353
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is really so pathetic. PCB going all out on media but not giving any detail.

    One line I read in the news flash was Sheti saying it was tough decision. What was it so tough.

    Was the disclosure effecting commercial aspect.
    Or was there not sufficient proof to take decision.

    In both cases it is hingly in professional.

    PCB must come clear and transparent

  34. #354
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranyounus View Post
    It is really so pathetic. PCB going all out on media but not giving any detail.

    One line I read in the news flash was Sheti saying it was tough decision. What was it so tough.

    Was the disclosure effecting commercial aspect.
    Or was there not sufficient proof to take decision.

    In both cases it is hingly in professional.

    PCB must come clear and transparent
    Nothing clear regarding this case. PCB isn't even clearing what they have actually done, All we hear is Sethi saying may have or could have

  35. #355
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    17,036
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Just saw in a video Khalid Latif saying " Allah janta hay main begunnah houn" as he was hurrying into the car trying to get away from media....Honestly speaking isnt this code for whole nation when they are guilty to leave everything on Allah.


    جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

  36. #356
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore,India
    Runs
    1,113
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seriously don't like to believe that sharjeel khan has committed the wrong. .no man,who is sane and sound ,would leave such a great career nd superstardom and get into doing murky things for such a low returns...

  37. #357
    Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore,India
    Runs
    1,113
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only possibility of sharjeel doing this is that he may have done it earlier and the bookie syndicate might have collected evidences against him and may have blackmailed him to do this again. .apart from this there is no other logical explanation. ..

  38. #358
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Nothing clear regarding this case. PCB isn't even clearing what they have actually done, All we hear is Sethi saying may have or could have
    yes nothing clear from PCB and here we are writing a million words discussing the story

  39. #359
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imranyounus View Post
    yes nothing clear from PCB and here we are writing a million words discussing the story
    Now Shehryar Khan says M Irfan will also be investigated further after being cleared. What a joke from PCB

  40. #360
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    1,325
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. However, being fair is important too. Ban Amir, Salman and Asif too. They not only fixed but also fixed an international match that was very crucial for Pakistan.

  41. #361
    Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    1,359
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharyaar khan saying Sharjeel and Khalid latif have fixed matches and they are likely to Ban them For Life. Sharjeel what have u done...😡

  42. #362
    Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    766
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Sharyaar khan saying Sharjeel and Khalid latif have fixed matches and they are likely to Ban them For Life. Sharjeel what have u done...��
    he never said that, I was also listening to his press conference

  43. #363
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    14,201
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahoriyah1234 View Post
    Sharyaar khan saying Sharjeel and Khalid latif have fixed matches and they are likely to Ban them For Life. Sharjeel what have u done...��
    Is he going to offer any evidence or his weekly 15 mins fame will continue.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  44. #364
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,529
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Absolutely. However, being fair is important too. Ban Amir, Salman and Asif too. They not only fixed but also fixed an international match that was very crucial for Pakistan.
    +1. Its extremely important to be fair. It would be ridiculous that Sharjeel & Khalid are banned for life for fixing in a non-international match while Amir continues to play after fixing in an international match.

  45. #365
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    16,923
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    +1. Its extremely important to be fair. It would be ridiculous that Sharjeel & Khalid are banned for life for fixing in a non-international match while Amir continues to play after fixing in an international match.
    The laws were different then

    Post trio affair stricter punishments were introduced

    If someone does the exact same thing as trio did, they would get much harsher punishments

  46. #366
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,529
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    The laws were different then

    Post trio affair stricter punishments were introduced

    If someone does the exact same thing as trio did, they would get much harsher punishments
    PCB never gave punishment to the trio. The punishment was from ICC.

    PCB can give life bans to the trio officially. Or PCB can unofficially make a policy to not select the trio in any match for Pakistan (if there are legal concerns).

    In any case the real justice demands that the trio never play again for Pakistan.

  47. #367
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,668
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once i watched a interview of Sheryal khan in tv . anchor said to him ( hum sunte hain logo se ke kuch log paise waghera de ke bhi team main aa jate hain . kia ye such hai? )
    sheryal : yes bikul bilkul aap theek kah rahe hain.
    anchor was rana Mubashir and he was shocked . he again said sheryar sahab i am saying players can also get in team after giving bribe or or links with relatives .
    sheryar's ans was same . yes they can selected in team , if they perform .

    anchor agaid said i am saying about players use others link to selected in team . again ans was yes they can be selected .

    i am sure sheryar khan was not saying that people can be selected in team after giving bribe . but look at our PCB chief he can not understand what anchor is talking about. and he is the head of PCB. to PCB ka Allah hi Hafiz hona hai .

  48. #368
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    11,127
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Sharjeel, Latif were sent home after being caught red-handed

    KARACHI: A top official of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) has confirmed that Pakistani players Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif were sent home from the league only after the PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit caught them red-handed, having made commitments to the spot-fixers.

    Najam Sethi, who heads the PSL and is chairman of the PCB's executive committee, said the ACU had collected enough material against the two but waited till the players played the first match to see whether they would fulfill the commitments they made to the bookies' syndicate.

    "We knew what commitments they had made. Islamabad United played Sharjeel but not Khalid. But when the match was held it was confirmed Sharjeel had done what he had committed to do to the bookmakers," Sethi disclosed.

    Sharjeel was out cheaply after facing a few balls.

    Sethi said the PCB had faced a difficult situation after the ACU had gathered enough material against the two players to charge sheet them.

    "We were not sure whether to make the announcement before the PSL began as we feared it could hit the event or after the match but we decided to wait and see what happened in the match and than we sent them back. We were worried how the whole thing could affect the PSL and its reputation but we took a decision which we felt was right," Sethi said.

    He also confirmed there were other players under investigation in the PSL but insisted matters relating to them were not as serious as that of Sharjeel and Khalid.

    "Let me assure you we have now taken a decision that we will show zero tolerance for corrupt players and there is no question of trying to protect anyone. If any other player is found involved after the investigations no leniency will be shown to him."

    Sethi also clarified that it was the PCB's ACU, headed by retired colonel Azam, which had led the operation against Sharjeel, Khalid and other players.

    "Yes the ICC's ACU was also aware of everything but credit goes to our ACU which followed up the whole issue thoroughly and came up with enough material and evidence to charge sheet the players and send them back home," he added.

    He said there was no question of the PCB acting in haste.

    The PSL chief also said that when the time was right he would make public more details of the operation and how it was carried out.

    "Our people are gathering more details which we will share when the time comes and the ICC ACU is also aware of the developments."

    http://www.newindianexpress.com/spor...d-1570571.html


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  49. #369
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    4,247
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    KARACHI: A top official of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) has confirmed that Pakistani players Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif were sent home from the league only after the PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit caught them red-handed, having made commitments to the spot-fixers.

    Najam Sethi, who heads the PSL and is chairman of the PCB's executive committee, said the ACU had collected enough material against the two but waited till the players played the first match to see whether they would fulfill the commitments they made to the bookies' syndicate.

    "We knew what commitments they had made. Islamabad United played Sharjeel but not Khalid. But when the match was held it was confirmed Sharjeel had done what he had committed to do to the bookmakers," Sethi disclosed.

    Sharjeel was out cheaply after facing a few balls.

    Sethi said the PCB had faced a difficult situation after the ACU had gathered enough material against the two players to charge sheet them.

    "We were not sure whether to make the announcement before the PSL began as we feared it could hit the event or after the match but we decided to wait and see what happened in the match and than we sent them back. We were worried how the whole thing could affect the PSL and its reputation but we took a decision which we felt was right," Sethi said.

    He also confirmed there were other players under investigation in the PSL but insisted matters relating to them were not as serious as that of Sharjeel and Khalid.

    "Let me assure you we have now taken a decision that we will show zero tolerance for corrupt players and there is no question of trying to protect anyone. If any other player is found involved after the investigations no leniency will be shown to him."

    Sethi also clarified that it was the PCB's ACU, headed by retired colonel Azam, which had led the operation against Sharjeel, Khalid and other players.

    "Yes the ICC's ACU was also aware of everything but credit goes to our ACU which followed up the whole issue thoroughly and came up with enough material and evidence to charge sheet the players and send them back home," he added.

    He said there was no question of the PCB acting in haste.

    The PSL chief also said that when the time was right he would make public more details of the operation and how it was carried out.

    "Our people are gathering more details which we will share when the time comes and the ICC ACU is also aware of the developments."

    http://www.newindianexpress.com/spor...d-1570571.html
    WOW... Does Najam Sehti knows what he is saying here??? i.e. "PCB allowed corruption to occur just to see whether fixing as per deal happens or not" ???

    I do hope PCB has enough "concrete" evidence against the duo i.e. some audio/video of the deal, some trace of financial incentive received by the two etc. and not just evidence like whatsapp msgs from Nasir Jamshed to meet some guy.

    But as reports are coming about Nasir Jamshed & bookie being arrested and released on bail - there seems to be enough concrete evidence against the two batsmen.

    Lets see what happens in next days..

  50. #370
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    36,325
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricwiz View Post
    WOW... Does Najam Sehti knows what he is saying here??? i.e. "PCB allowed corruption to occur just to see whether fixing as per deal happens or not" ???

    I do hope PCB has enough "concrete" evidence against the duo i.e. some audio/video of the deal, some trace of financial incentive received by the two etc. and not just evidence like whatsapp msgs from Nasir Jamshed to meet some guy.

    But as reports are coming about Nasir Jamshed & bookie being arrested and released on bail - there seems to be enough concrete evidence against the two batsmen.

    Lets see what happens in next days..
    Its not only PCB here , ICC ACU were also there to monitor the situation so yes they waited to confirm whether the players obliged to their fixed commitments.

    One thing is for sure , Sharjeel Khan is gone for good.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  51. #371
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    15,666
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricwiz View Post
    WOW... Does Najam Sehti knows what he is saying here??? i.e. "PCB allowed corruption to occur just to see whether fixing as per deal happens or not" ???

    I do hope PCB has enough "concrete" evidence against the duo i.e. some audio/video of the deal, some trace of financial incentive received by the two etc. and not just evidence like whatsapp msgs from Nasir Jamshed to meet some guy.

    But as reports are coming about Nasir Jamshed & bookie being arrested and released on bail - there seems to be enough concrete evidence against the two batsmen.

    Lets see what happens in next days..
    Yes thats a very good point you make there.

    Can this be done? I mean is it okay to wait for the fixing to take place to confirm that players were actually involved???

  52. #372
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    4,247
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Its not only PCB here , ICC ACU were also there to monitor the situation so yes they waited to confirm whether the players obliged to their fixed commitments.

    One thing is for sure , Sharjeel Khan is gone for good.
    Not sure, that's why I am saying they have enough evidence against him. If there whole evidence is to see whether he plays dot balls or not - than I am not sure. If you have seen the footage of Sharjeel's brief innings for even once, you could easily see that Sharjeel Khan was looking for a single when there was a little misfield by the close-in fielder at mid off. Doesn't that break the whole story?

    But if they have enough "concrete and undeniable" evidence against Sharjeel Khan n Khalid Latif, than they should be gone for good - as you said so as well..

  53. #373
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charge Sheets still not handed over?

  54. #374
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    15,666
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Charge Sheets still not handed over?
    It will be done today. Videos were recorded yesterday..

  55. #375
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    79,323
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Charge Sheets still not handed over?
    Think PCB being extra careful here or legal challenge will be embarassing


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  56. #376
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    It will be done today. Videos were recorded yesterday..
    Waiting for charge sheets then. What is Procedure after them being handed over charge sheets?

  57. #377
    Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    766
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Waiting for charge sheets then. What is Procedure after them being handed over charge sheets?
    @MenInG

  58. #378
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    15,666
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Waiting for charge sheets then. What is Procedure after them being handed over charge sheets?
    Can't say. I think firstly they will make an announcement about their discoveries.

  59. #379
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    79,323
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Waiting for charge sheets then. What is Procedure after them being handed over charge sheets?
    then the PCB will ask them to formally defend themselves, failing which they will be given punishments


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #380
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    515
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances that they ll be cleared?

  61. #381
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    79,323
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  62. #382
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    Details yet to be provided?

  63. #383
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    7,709
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Think PCB being extra careful here or legal challenge will be embarassing
    Or they could be leaked to the media

  64. #384
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    79,323
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  65. #385
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    11,982
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I find it odd the PCB telling the players to come clean for a lenient punishment, rather than first trusting their own investigation(s).


    Maybe they're expecting the players to come clean, than lay out whatever they have on them?

    I don't know what's going on tbh


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  66. #386
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    79,323
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)



    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  67. #387
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is PCB's media manager saying?

  68. #388
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways both have pleaded not guilty.

  69. #389
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    11,982
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If both have indeed pleaded Not-Guilty than the burden of proof shifts to the PCB/Sethi etc...


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  70. #390
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    7,709
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    If both have indeed pleaded Not-Guilty than the burden of proof shifts to the PCB/Sethi etc...
    Whats stopping you from taking up the case?

    The game is afoot..

  71. #391
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    824
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post

    I wonder how they prove this. A nuance in a match from hearsay evidence would be difficult. Unlike Amir, Butt & Asif, they had physical evidence and caught the conversations. This is more ambiguous.

    For example "did you hit a single on this delivery for betting purposes" could easily be met with that's just a part of the game. Unless they have a bookie can claim it or evidence of it before that it would happen in that exact fashion, this would be difficult to prove. Curious as to what they evidence they have is. Must be linked to a few crimes.

  72. #392
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,565
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Bluestone View Post
    I wonder how they prove this. A nuance in a match from hearsay evidence would be difficult. Unlike Amir, Butt & Asif, they had physical evidence and caught the conversations. This is more ambiguous.

    For example "did you hit a single on this delivery for betting purposes" could easily be met with that's just a part of the game. Unless they have a bookie can claim it or evidence of it before that it would happen in that exact fashion, this would be difficult to prove. Curious as to what they evidence they have is. Must be linked to a few crimes.
    There is a difference between a criminal procedure to get someone in prison and an ill-discipline procedure by a private organization. Employees can easily be fired and banned based on circumstantial evidence alone. Symonds was banned by ECB. Sreesanth was banned by BCCI. All based on circumstantial evidence and no court case or tribunal. There was nothing proved in Sreesanth's case

    I think for any other board, the evidence is enough for a ban. How PCB goes ahead is up to them


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  73. #393
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I reckon they will get off, had the evidence been cast iron it'd been different. Sethi has clearly been lying and shooting his mouth about the players ''confessing'', as both have pleaded not guilty.

  74. #394
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    I reckon they will get off, had the evidence been cast iron it'd been different. Sethi has clearly been lying and shooting his mouth about the players ''confessing'', as both have pleaded not guilty.
    Same here. If they had confessed, Their confessions would have been recorded or witnessed or evidenced.

    I think they may confess for not reporting though.

  75. #395
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    136
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Don't think Sharjeel would do something like that
    Wellll, we thought Amir wouldn't do such a thing....even though he had the world at his feet.

  76. #396
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    824
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    There is a difference between a criminal procedure to get someone in prison and an ill-discipline procedure by a private organization. Employees can easily be fired and banned based on circumstantial evidence alone. Symonds was banned by ECB. Sreesanth was banned by BCCI. All based on circumstantial evidence and no court case or tribunal. There was nothing proved in Sreesanth's case

    I think for any other board, the evidence is enough for a ban. How PCB goes ahead is up to them
    Really good point. And obviously labour boards don't work like they do in another nations where you have no where to turn to even if you are rightfully terminated for some sort of action.

    I hope we do see the evidence. I want to ban them for life if they did it but I don't want it to be without good reason. This case has been odd the way the timeline has played out.

  77. #397
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    11,982
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Whats stopping you from taking up the case?

    The game is afoot..
    It's Pakistan Cricket, even I can't perform miracles.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  78. #398
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    11,127
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  79. #399
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    5,196
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Baseless allegations?

  80. #400
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    17,036
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

    I think he learned them from our political leaders...do the crime and go ask for forgiveness.

    I really dont think allegations are baseless although I hope otherwise.


    جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •