What did he lie about?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways nothing from both the players yet. Don't know why they are concealing what has happened.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Looks like Sharjeel is pleading his innocence. @mz123

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    plot twist
    I don't know what's gonna happen? But if Sharjeel is proven innocent then Sethi should be sacked

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    plot twist
    I don't know what's gonna happen? But if Sharjeel is proven innocent then Sethi should be sacked
    Still maybe charged for failure to report.

Nothing clear, neither from PCB nor Players.

No one knows what proof PCB has.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Punjab
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel is going down the 'I am innocent' route, previously perfected by Salman Butt. Nice.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol @ Pirs and Sharjeel going to a pir

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nasir jamshed should call Sharjeel from Makkah and ask him to pray to the pir for his innocence too

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickedOffHips View Post
    Sharjeel is going down the 'I am innocent' route, previously perfected by Salman Butt. Nice.
    Khalid Latif going down by same route.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways can't figure out what he is doing over there.
    There have been no statements from him either

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    What did he lie about?
    he said that Sharjeel has confessed which is a lie

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    disgraceful act from the PCB

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the trio in England, money, who the bookies were, times and places were all released fairly quickly.

So far all that has been released is they are guilty and no proof given. Again, if they're guilty, ban them for life, but lots of silence and obviously a blatant lie from Sethi that Sharjeel confessed.

Until any evidence comes out, I don't know why anyone is coming to a judgment. At this point all we have heard is they supposedly met a bookie from Khan & Sethi and nothing more, and they aren't exactly people one looks at with a great deal of respect in their words.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB heads are so annoying. Children really!

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Bluestone View Post
    With the trio in England, money, who the bookies were, times and places were all released fairly quickly.

So far all that has been released is they are guilty and no proof given. Again, if they're guilty, ban them for life, but lots of silence and obviously a blatant lie from Sethi that Sharjeel confessed.

Until any evidence comes out, I don't know why anyone is coming to a judgment. At this point all we have heard is they supposedly met a bookie from Khan & Sethi and nothing more, and they aren't exactly people one looks at with a great deal of respect in their words.
    But after Sharjeel and Khalid recorded their statements to ACU in Lahore (It was headed by guy who apparently caught them red handed as per Sethi), They were given charges of Fixing as well as Failure to report.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    people often confess initially but then plead not guilty after consulting a lawyer

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    people often confess initially but then plead not guilty after consulting a lawyer
    Which is true or the simple explanation that Sethi is lying, which is also obvious by his and Sheharyar's contradictory statements day in day out about this case.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's amazing how fixers turn all religious, pious and nationalistic after they've been caught. They have no shame. Hell Salman Butt even let his dad go on live tv and say: "If Salman's involvement is proved and evidence is provided that he took money, I tell the nation that my son Salman and I are ready to be hanged publicly."

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    The problem is that some people are desperate for Sharjeel and Latif (especially the former) to come clean not because he is an important player, but because it will make Sethi look bad. Very disappointing stuff.

This 'I am innocent' route is not unexpected though, the trio in 2010 also played this card until they realized that there is no way out and they will have to confess eventually.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    It's amazing how fixers turn all religious, pious and nationalistic after they've been caught. They have no shame. Hell Salman Butt even let his dad go on live tv and say: "If Salman's involvement is proved and evidence is provided that he took money, I tell the nation that my son Salman and I are ready to be hanged publicly."

This reminds me that once in school, the teacher caught one noisy student and asked him to solve a problem on the board. He even made an astonishingly stupid request by asking us to burn him alive if that student could actually answer the problem. Every guy in the class started praying that he could somehow solve the problem To everyone's surprise, he was well on his way to solve it correctly but the teacher interrupted him just before the final few steps, told him its all wrong and cleared the board quickly.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The problem is that some people are desperate for Sharjeel and Latif (especially the former) to come clean not because he is an important player, but because it will make Sethi look bad. Very disappointing stuff.

This 'I am innocent' route is not unexpected though, the trio in 2010 also played this card until they realized that there is no way out and they will have to confess eventually.
    I want him to come clean only because he is vital player. However should be punished as per law if found guilty with proper evidence.

Though I think he would be at very least charged for failure to report.

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad10 View Post
    Looks like Sharjeel is pleading his innocence. @mz123
    First of all, kind of disappointed that he goes to a pir for help. One can only pray god and ask him for help in difficult situations.

Look, Inshallah it will soon be proved that he wasn't involved in fixing. He may have failed to report, but punishment for this should only be a heavy fine.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have nothing to hide then there is no need to go to a PIR. I have to break it to all you sharjeel latif fans but these guys are guilty. be it failure to report or failure to perform, good riddance in my opinion i would rather watch imran farhat make a comeback than have these lying fixers back in the team.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to know if they are guilty and confess then they will face lenient punishments and maybe even fast tracked back if they help PCB.
    But if they are guilty and then try to fight against the case, They are in for a life ban.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno there is something fishy about this case.... if they fixed ok ban then? What's taking so long?

It seems there is a big difference of claims between the two parties (PCB/players)

But it seems like PCB is trying to make a couple of players scapegoats, rather than throwing larger and bigger names under the bus..

The pace at which both Sharjeel and Khalid were named, and convicted of being guilty by both chairmen was amazing even by their standards..

It seems some big fish was caught with these two, and this is sort of a cover-up like Imran Khan said...
    Last edited by waleed88; 22nd February 2017 at 10:53.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    I dunno there is something fishy about this case.... if they fixed ok ban then? What's taking so long?

It seems there is a big difference of claims between the two parties (PCB/players)

But it seems like PCB is trying to make a couple of players scapegoats, rather than throwing larger and bigger names under the bus..

The pace at which both Sharjeel and Khalid were named, and convicted of being guilty by both chairmen's was amazing even by their standards..

It seems some big fish was caught with these two, and this is sort of a cover-up like Imran Khan said...
    I don't think so. Sharjeel himself is a big fish right now

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However this all seemed like Ijaz Butt making statement of England Players involved Match Fixing back in 2010.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If they are found guilty Ban them for 7 years atleast from both International and domestic Cricket.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post

The pace at which both Sharjeel and Khalid were named, and convicted of being guilty by both chairmen was amazing even by their standards..

Pretty much my thoughts.

They rushed to the conclusions, trying to make themselves appear hard.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Pretty much my thoughts.

They rushed to the conclusions, trying to make themselves appear hard.
    Sharjeel has told that the guy met them as a fan by reference of Nasir. And they left as soon as they knew he was a bookie. Thus this is again a failure to report.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    meh. we can wait for our resurgence as a cricketing nation a little more.
    Yes filhaal gand Saaf kerne ki zarurat hai.

Our Infrastructure is way behind atleast 5 cricketing nations that doesn't help either.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    If he did this he thought its time to earn easy money. Halal Haraam is quite relative for some.

If he was involved than Khud b door Gaya and Sharjeel ok bhee dabbo diya.

Nasir has a history aswell. He was caught cheating in 9th class exam when he had already made successful international cricket debut.
    I mean look at the way of doing things. WhatsApp message to Khalid Latif asking him that he knows a guy who is his big fan and wants to meet him?

These guys are even mockery to criminals even.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Do not post any false or made up news.

There are careers at stake here and do not post any video clips from anything but the news or a player interview

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is latest from Sharjeel though, He looks like is with his father over here:

https://youtu.be/6siK7ZhHjuY

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I mean look at the way of doing things. WhatsApp message to Khalid Latif asking him that he knows a guy who is his big fan and wants to meet him?

These guys are even mockery to criminals even.
    Yes. Let's call it (allegedly) or (reportedly) to be safe.

He might have done this (allegedly) so that He doesn't get caught.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sethi sahab wanted to be a hero but its been two weeks and nothing concrete has emerged, seems like in his haste Sethi sahab put the cart before the horse. What else you expect from a small, corrupt person.

I'm beginning to have my doubts that Sharjeel and Latif were even going to fix or not. Remember Latif didn't even play and Sharjeel scored a single of the first ball he faced. In the next over the first ball of Hasan Ali he hit a full blooded cut shot that was fielded at point, a couple of foot either side of point and it would have been a boundary. If somebody is asked to dot the first two balls of Hasan's over he wouldn't be hitting a crisp cut shot. Second ball he did do a Misbah tuk.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Yes. Let's call it (allegedly) or (reportedly) to be safe.

He might have done this (allegedly) so that He doesn't get caught.
    @TalentSpotterPk Do you personally believe that these guys would have agreed to fix?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    828 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk Do you personally believe that these guys would have agreed to fix?

I could be wrong but YES from my side.

They were twice given anti corruption lectures and they failed to report the approach. Pcb acted only after 1st match got concluded so they made sure their basis were covered before suspending these players. Pcb and ICC have shared information as per media reports. Now it's all formalities stuff.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB was only trying to make it easy for themselves, by making it a media fiasco, and then calling names out, hoping that pressurizing them into fixing will make the players accept to their guilty charges..

Once they confess they are guilty, they can be an example out of that look 'we are cleaning out corruption from cricket'

But they didn't, they stuck to their guns and called themselves innocent, now like the Panama case, onus is on the petitionner to prove they are guilty..

From what I see, they will have to invest quite alot to prove these players are guilty...like provide proper proofs and all.. which is a tough thing to do in a country like Pakistan...

Now PCB is in trouble...
    Last edited by waleed88; 22nd February 2017 at 13:03.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not easy to get a confession out of someone.... its not True Detectives where Rust Cohle and can just say things to you and you can confess to your crimes... its more difficult in real life..

The only remaining hope even for the guilty person is that they will never confess even if they've done it

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there were any proof it would have been all over the media. Sethi has no proof he just jumped the gun and now he is left embarassed trying hard to defend his half baked story.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    If there were any proof it would have been all over the media. Sethi has no proof he just jumped the gun and now he is left embarassed trying hard to defend his half baked story.
    And what about PCB's ACU?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If Sharjeel and Latif are found guilty via a air-tight case against them, ban both [whatever the sentence].

But if Sethi and our dear PCB chairman acted in haste, they too in-turn need to be made an example of.

Why should players just be the standard bearers of our Cricket and morality?

Some people in our administration are as hideously liable to spout rubbish, or worse, corrupt the office they reside in.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif deny spot-fixing allegations

Karachi: Pakistan‘s national team batsmen, Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif have denied any involvement in spot-fixing during the Pakistan Super League (PSL) in their initial response to the showcause notice issued to them by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). The two have been charge-sheeted by the board after being suspended under the PCB’s anti-corruption code and being sent back home from Dubai during the PSL. Several charges have been levelled against them including having contacts with bookmakers and trying to spot-fix in matches. But sources close to the two players said they had through their lawyers denied all charges.

“The two have said that they met with one person named Yousuf on the request of former Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed,” one source told PTI. “They have said that they only went to meet with Yousuf considering him a fan but when he made offers to them they walked away,” the source said. Since the two didn’t report the offers to the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit they are liable to be charged as the code of conduct carries penalities for not reporting an approach. The PCB after receiving their detailed replies will move to set up a three-member tribunal which will then hold hearings to decide on the case. The tribunal will be headed by a Judge. Pakistani cricket fans have been disappointed after learning about Sharjeel’s suspension under the anti-corruption code as the left-handed opener had cemented his place in all three formats as a hard-hitting batsman.

The Hyderabad based batter scored three half-centuries in the one-day series in Australia and also scored 39 in his Test debut in the third Test at Sydney. He remains the only batsman to have scored a century in the Pakistan Super League T20 event. Khalid Latif, who hails from Karachi, had also cemented his place in the national T20 side since last year.

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/p...gations-579342

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the punishment for failure to report? I think that is the best that PCB can prove.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Failure to report should be treated with the same disdain. They get that drilled into their heads during these anti-corruption type meetings.

The only way I can see them not reporting it was Sethi and co opened their mouths too early and named the players before they could report it.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Karachi: Pakistan‘s national team batsmen, Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif have denied any involvement in spot-fixing during the Pakistan Super League (PSL) in their initial response to the showcause notice issued to them by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). The two have been charge-sheeted by the board after being suspended under the PCB’s anti-corruption code and being sent back home from Dubai during the PSL. Several charges have been levelled against them including having contacts with bookmakers and trying to spot-fix in matches. But sources close to the two players said they had through their lawyers denied all charges.

“The two have said that they met with one person named Yousuf on the request of former Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed,” one source told PTI. “They have said that they only went to meet with Yousuf considering him a fan but when he made offers to them they walked away,” the source said. Since the two didn’t report the offers to the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit they are liable to be charged as the code of conduct carries penalities for not reporting an approach. The PCB after receiving their detailed replies will move to set up a three-member tribunal which will then hold hearings to decide on the case. The tribunal will be headed by a Judge. Pakistani cricket fans have been disappointed after learning about Sharjeel’s suspension under the anti-corruption code as the left-handed opener had cemented his place in all three formats as a hard-hitting batsman.

The Hyderabad based batter scored three half-centuries in the one-day series in Australia and also scored 39 in his Test debut in the third Test at Sydney. He remains the only batsman to have scored a century in the Pakistan Super League T20 event. Khalid Latif, who hails from Karachi, had also cemented his place in the national T20 side since last year.

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/p...gations-579342
    Bold part doesn't match with Sethi's statement - " ... has done in the match, what he agreed to do...". One of them are lying, therefore it's deeper than failing to report.

For the sake of saying, if Sharjeel is correct, then he can PCB or Sethi to Court on defame charges.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketInsight View Post
    What is the punishment for failure to report? I think that is the best that PCB can prove.
    I think the punishment for failure to report should be a monetary fine only.

In this case since the person who asked them to meet alleged bookie is also a player who are friends with them and who plays with them, so I would forgive the monetary fine.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Failure to report should be treated with the same disdain. They get that drilled into their heads during these anti-corruption type meetings.

The only way I can see them not reporting it was Sethi and co opened their mouths too early and named the players before they could report it.
    Or maybe they tried to save big nas

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the punishment for failure to report should be a monetary fine only.

In this case since the person who asked them to meet alleged bookie is also a player who are friends with them and who plays with them, so I would forgive the monetary fine.
    This is not a matter of opinion. There is a clear rule regarding failure to report an approach.

The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there — Vince Lombardi

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would much rather believe Sharjeel over Sethi, the latter has already lied of the players "confessing".

And btw why is there no accountability of the PCB office-holders ever? One of the Indian bookies was a "PCB guest" (in the words of Rashid Latif) seven or eight years ago, meaning he had relations with several of PCB employees. Most of the senior PCB office bearers apart from Chairmen have been same throughout this period. Why has no one been charged by ACU till date? Why selective justice, even if the two players have actually fixed?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad state of affairs really, it could be one of two cases:

1) Sharjeel did actually commit the deed
    2) Sharjeel played a dot ball(s?) innocently, but due to his previous interaction with the bookie he's found himself in the middle of this mess and suspicion has been cast upon him even though he allegedly rejected the offer

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    I would much rather believe Sharjeel over Sethi, the latter has already lied of the players "confessing".

And btw why is there no accountability of the PCB office-holders ever? One of the Indian bookies was a "PCB guest" (in the words of Rashid Latif) seven or eight years ago, meaning he had relations with several of PCB employees. Most of the senior PCB office bearers apart from Chairmen have been same throughout this period. Why has no one been charged by ACU till date? Why selective justice, even if the two players have actually fixed?
    How do you know confession was lying? People keep repeating that. But every wrong doer confesses first but then after talking to his lawyer pleads innocent. How do you know its a lie? And why would ACU charge someone when they first leave it to the domestic board?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Encircled with the latest fixing controversy, Khalid Latif & Sharjeel Khan are not ready to bow down & will respond “fittingly” to the charge-sheet handed over by the Pakistan Cricket Board. A source closed to the duo said Khalid and Sharjeel have been consulting with their lawyers. “They (Khalid & Sharjeel) refused to accept the demands of the PCB. Why should they express remorse if they are not guilty”, the source told this correspondent.

On February 10, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) provisionally suspended Khalid Latif & Sharjeel Khan for their meeting with a dubious individual in Dubai.
    The PCB levelled a number of charges against Sharjeel Khan & Khalid Latif.

The source further said that Khalid & Sharjeel met with a person but it was just a meeting and that was it. “Meeting someone, without knowing his intentions, is not a crime. They did meet the man but had they accepted his offer? No, they didn’t”, the source asserted

“Not just Khalid and Sharjeel but other players also met with the same guy, why are they still playing in the PSL?”, the source questioned

On a question, the source confirmed that Khalid Latif, upon receiving a message from a London-based Pakistani Test cricketer, took Sharjeel along to see the “bookie” in the guise of a fan.

“As soon as they realised his intentions, Khalid & Sharjeel left the place. There was no deal broken between Khalid, Sharjeel and the dubious man”, the source said

“If the PCB has evidence, it should be made public. The players will not bow down under pressure”, the source conceded

http://scoreline.asia/khalid-sharjee...ting-response/
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 23rd February 2017 at 14:01.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty much failure to report as per source above. Mohammad Irfan also failed to report

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    London,Hounslow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's pretty much failure to report as per source above. Mohammad Irfan also failed to report
    It does seem that way. I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions but why would they not report the approach? It seems as if all PSL players get the training/education about all this, surely they must know they have a duty to report? The only reason I can think of was to protect Nasir Jamshed perhaps, but it will be interesting what comes out.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sy View Post
    It does seem that way. I'm trying not to jump to any conclusions but why would they not report the approach? It seems as if all PSL players get the training/education about all this, surely they must know they have a duty to report? The only reason I can think of was to protect Nasir Jamshed perhaps, but it will be interesting what comes out.
    Yeah Khalid Latif and Nasir play for same department

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what is the icc rule for "failure to report?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmiri_Pak_fan View Post
    I think they will be banned for 6months if failure to report or 1 year

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think they will be banned for 6months if failure to report or 1 year
    You think or is this written somewhere?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    You think or is this written somewhere?
    I think. Normally reporting has ban of 1-5 years depending on situation.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only issue I have with Sharjeel and Latif atm is didn't Sethi say he had first-hand messages from them to the supposed "bookie", or have I misread that?

Also what doesn't bode well for Sharjeel is the dot balls that were [predicted?] before he was out to Hasan Ali.

The case is up in the air because of how inept bot the PCB and Sethi have been in the past, and how Pakistani players are more liable to be caught fixing.

This is either, a dark stain on Pakistan Cricket [again], or it's a total and utter foot-in-the-mouth by Sethi and co who wanted his ego stroked.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are waiting for the PSL to end . They will then take the further action.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

I think you're incorrect.

I think most people say if they did it, ban them, but as of right now there isn't any evidence, which last time was apparent from day one.

I don't care for Sharjeel. I honestly think he was a player who would be figured out anyways so in terms of cricket on the field I don't think it's a loss really. These hot start players come and go too often in Pakistan.

To me judgement is being cast without anything concluded or even close to it.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think most people say if they did it, ban them, but as of right now there isn't any evidence, which last time was apparent from day one.

I don't care for Sharjeel. I honestly think he was a player who would be figured out anyways so in terms of cricket on the field I don't think it's a loss really. These hot start players come and go too often in Pakistan.

Certainly feels that way.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmiri_Pak_fan View Post
    The Hong Kong all-rounder Irfan Ahmed was banned for two years and six months last year for failure to report an approach.

The maximum ban is five years.

Debut
    Apr 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The same gullible fans as always will now fall for these players' lies. Reminds me of Ijaz Butt's 'conspiracy to defraud Pakistani cricket' statement'

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3395 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Hope you are right, but as someone said on PP a few days ago, when a Pakistani player is accused of match-fixing or chucking, the chances are that the accusations are true.

Sharjeel may have been figured out and I agree that he was not going to transform our team. Some were treating him as if he is a Warner, de Kock and Roy rolled into one, but he was still outstanding for our standards, and the only modern player in that lineup except for Babar.

If he has been trapped then I hope the truth comes out, but I personally feel that he is gone. He will obviously not confess unless he feels that there is no alternative. The trio in 2010 also did not accept right away, not even Amir.

Nonetheless, I think you have to agree to some extent that there is a desperation to see Sethi get exposed in all of this. People have their political agenda against him, which I think is a bit petty. The loss of losing our best LOIs opener is greater than the fate of Sethi.

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Guys news coming in that shahryar khan said: Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif did not report that they have been approached by Yousuf Bookie - They deny doing anything wrong - But not reporting to us is an offense.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Guys news coming in that shahryar khan said: Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif did not report that they have been approached by Yousuf Bookie - They deny doing anything wrong - But not reporting to us is an offense.
    All I hope is that they did not fix. If they failed to approach, worst case scenario would be a 1 year ban. However, if they actually fixed, ban them for life and send them to jail to set a precedent.

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    All I hope is that they did not fix. If they failed to approach, worst case scenario would be a 1 year ban. However, if they actually fixed, ban them for life and send them to jail to set a precedent.
    Look not reporting is an offence, but if that was the only mistake than sharjeel and khalid did not have the intention of doing anything wrong. Even Islam says that the morst important thing is a person's intention. So I think a heavy fine should be enough....

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look not reporting is an offence, but if that was the only mistake than sharjeel and khalid did not have the intention of doing anything wrong. Even Islam says that the morst important thing is a person's intention. So I think a heavy fine should be enough....
    Yeah but that also means that they possibly could have been contemplating fixing.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    Toronto
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Sethi said that he waited for Sharjeel to commit the offence. He committed the offence in the first game itself. The offer was to play 2 dot balls if I recall, and he did that.

PakPassion on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Debut
    May 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Yeah but that also means that they possibly could have been contemplating fixing.
    or maybe khalid found it difficult to report as nasir was a close friend....

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen View Post
    But Sethi said that he waited for Sharjeel to commit the offence. He committed the offence in the first game itself. The offer was to play 2 dot balls if I recall, and he did that.
    Shehryar denied this today

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No more updates? They were supposed to respond by now I guess?

Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB got no time for this little stuff, can be done after PSL...

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not little stuff actually

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion Sethi should have acted swiftly and taken a call on this. I am surprised it has taken so long and it is a very serious matter. Justice delayed really is justice denied. The longer this lingers on the more it will seem Sharjeel and Latif are innocent.

"Nations are born in the hearts of poets, they prosper and die in the hands of politicians."-Iqbal