Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    2 years back I was friends with a group of Indians (from Dehli and Chennai) who started this role play among ourselves pretending to be spies conducting corporate espionage in Singapore and Malaysia.

I guess if the authorities someday stumble upon it, we all could land in Jail couldn't we ?? If going by the logic that Whatsapp messages are damning in a court of law conviction.......

Do they have any paper trail / transaction / any wire transfer that actually makes legal sense in a court of law ????
    Whatsapp evidence is definitely admissible in courts of laws across the world.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    This is all they have in evidence?
    Are you guys freaking kidding me? Eyewitness testimonies and whatsapp messages have out even murderers behind bars. I swear some of you guys act like you were the ones giving money to them to fix because even their own lawyers or parents would not defend these guys like you guys do

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, guess it's not looking good for Sharjeel/Latif. I was hoping there wouldn't be evidence and that they'd only be in trouble for not reporting but I guess this is it. What a waste of talent. Shame on them!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Evidence insufficient for corruption charges: Sharjeel's lawyer

The Pakistan Cricket Board, on Friday (April 14), presented evidence against Sharjeel Khan for his alleged involvement in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) corruption scandal to the three-man tribunal looking after the case. However, the player's lawyer Shaigan Ijaz said that the evidence is insufficient to prove him guilty.

"They have presented the evidences to the tribunal that contain statements of witnesses and some recording of interviews they had done during the investigations," Ijaz said. "I want to insist to my media friends that everybody is innocent until or unless proven guilty.

"Sharjeel Khan is our national asset and our national team player and until the matter is in proceeding and until things are not proved, he is innocent. We will assess the evidence in detail but we understand that these are insufficient."

The player and his counsel were also presented with the material and have been asked to respond by May 5. Khalid Latif, the other Islamabad United player who was accused of being involved in the corruption scandal, too has been handed over the evidence material and been asked to respond by May 5.

Both the players were alleged for breaching PSL's Anti Corruption Code, during the second season of the tournament. The players were accused and provisionally suspended from the tournament after the opening game of the season in which Sharjeel was dismissed for a 3-ball 1 and Latif didn't get to play.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...arjeels-lawyer

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board, on Friday (April 14), presented evidence against Sharjeel Khan for his alleged involvement in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) corruption scandal to the three-man tribunal looking after the case. However, the player's lawyer Shaigan Ijaz said that the evidence is insufficient to prove him guilty.

"They have presented the evidences to the tribunal that contain statements of witnesses and some recording of interviews they had done during the investigations," Ijaz said. "I want to insist to my media friends that everybody is innocent until or unless proven guilty.

"Sharjeel Khan is our national asset and our national team player and until the matter is in proceeding and until things are not proved, he is innocent. We will assess the evidence in detail but we understand that these are insufficient."

The player and his counsel were also presented with the material and have been asked to respond by May 5. Khalid Latif, the other Islamabad United player who was accused of being involved in the corruption scandal, too has been handed over the evidence material and been asked to respond by May 5.

Both the players were alleged for breaching PSL's Anti Corruption Code, during the second season of the tournament. The players were accused and provisionally suspended from the tournament after the opening game of the season in which Sharjeel was dismissed for a 3-ball 1 and Latif didn't get to play.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...arjeels-lawyer
    I just want this case to be over with. If innocent, great news, if guilty, Sharjeel Khan and others involved deserve whatever punishment they get

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm seriously hoping he's innocent. You can't afford lose an opener like Sharjeel you know.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    I'm seriously hoping he's innocent. You can't afford lose an opener like Sharjeel you know.
    yes, he is definitely going to be banned for at least a year for not reporting. I don't think he'll lose much ability with a year out but anything more and it might be a similar case to Amir unfortunately. But if he also is guilty for spot fixing then we can say he has played his last game for Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    yes, he is definitely going to be banned for at least a year for not reporting. I don't think he'll lose much ability with a year out but anything more and it might be a similar case to Amir unfortunately. But if he also is guilty for spot fixing then we can say he has played his last game for Pakistan.
    He will definetly put on weight in one year.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    SK likely to get away with a heavy fine. The way two players (Sharjeel & Latif) are reacting, my hunch is that their involvement was at different level & also both are being treated differently by pcb.

Personally, I don't think one/two year ban helps anyone - SK or PAK team, if it's not a direct involvement. It's simply denying PAK team from it's best LO opener - that too for a joke like PSL, which is meant for cheap money & shallow entertainment. I would have made him suffer financially, but won't have banned - that's a collateral damage for PAK team.

In pro sports soccer or baseball, they hardly ban players, because it also costs the team, rather they fine players big amount. It doesn't make sense for me to penalize PAK team or IU. Drop him from central contract, chop his 50% match fees for next 2 years, fine half of his IU contract amount, drop him from endorsement/garuntee money share .... those are perfect for me to punish him but not costing his teams.

Won't be surprised if he is in CT team.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    SK likely to get away with a heavy fine. The way two players (Sharjeel & Latif) are reacting, my hunch is that their involvement was at different level & also both are being treated differently by pcb.

Personally, I don't think one/two year ban helps anyone - SK or PAK team, if it's not a direct involvement. It's simply denying PAK team from it's best LO opener - that too for a joke like PSL, which is meant for cheap money & shallow entertainment. I would have made him suffer financially, but won't have banned - that's a collateral damage for PAK team.

In pro sports soccer or baseball, they hardly ban players, because it also costs the team, rather they fine players big amount. It doesn't make sense for me to penalize PAK team or IU. Drop him from central contract, chop his 50% match fees for next 2 years, fine half of his IU contract amount, drop him from endorsement/garuntee money share .... those are perfect for me to punish him but not costing his teams.

So you are saying PCB is looking for a back door settlement? 🤔

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    814 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    So you are saying PCB is looking for a back door settlement? 🤔
    Might be that his involvement was forced upon from past entrapment - just don't see why someone would shoot own feet for few bucks, when he could have earned in millions in next decade. Back door - yes, bigger crooks are roaming around proudly after throwing PAK International matches, PSL is just a money making joke. I have never heard that there are censor board for a particular type of movie, then why PSL or why T20?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be that his involvement was forced upon from past entrapment - just don't see why someone would shoot own feet for few bucks, when he could have earned in millions in next decade. Back door - yes, bigger crooks are roaming around proudly after throwing PAK International matches, PSL is just a money making joke. I have never heard that there are censor board for a particular type of movie, then why PSL or why T20?
    Let's see. I think normal day to day hearing starts mid of may.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mate, there is no chance he will be in CT team

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by todfod 11 View Post
    He will definetly put on weight in one year.
    I don't think putting on MORE weight is possible.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I don't think putting on MORE weight is possible.
    If anything, he's looking slimmer than before now...

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    From my instinct, the lowest punishment he'll get is a heavy fine whereas the highest punishment would be a 1 year ban.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With the impending lack of flowing income he must have dispensed with the paranthay and started consuming chapati to save money.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think the minimum the players will get is 12-to-18 months. The maximum is something we should all look out for too though.

I gotta feeling someone will fall on their sword, and get a heavy ban.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just fine them and lets move on yar !!!

Us winning games is more important that PCB and it's morality compass......

Fine them heavily and get these two in the CT team

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel ko waapis lao he's indispensable to the team

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is everyone so confident he will be found innocent of fixing. I am hopeful but still not confident.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lahore- April 17, 2017: In furtherance of its fight against corruption in the game of cricket the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Security and Vigilance Department has today issued fresh Notices of Demand to Cricketers Khalid Latif and Shahzaib Hassan. These Notices of Demand have been issued under Article 4.3 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code and require both Cricketers to appear before the PCB Security and Vigilance Department for interviews relating to investigations into possible further breaches of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code.

Due to the sensitivity of the matters under question PCB shall not make any additional comments at this stage.

Name:  kl_sh.jpg
Views: 16253
Size:  144.2 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th April 2017 at 13:22.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't deceived by this particular picture, his six packs are hidden behind the hand... I am sure he will be same, specially if things return to normal...Parathas and Briayni feast will begin, once (if) cloud of fixing is over.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will we know if SHarjeel is innocent or if he is guilty

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Are you guys freaking kidding me? Eyewitness testimonies and whatsapp messages have out even murderers behind bars. I swear some of you guys act like you were the ones giving money to them to fix because even their own lawyers or parents would not defend these guys like you guys do

Chill and relax, most common people don't know the first thing about how the legal system works and how any messages/chats on social media can get you in trouble!

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't accused players dress professionaly in a legal setting. They always dress like chichoray

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's called the dala look 🤣

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned