Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    2 years back I was friends with a group of Indians (from Dehli and Chennai) who started this role play among ourselves pretending to be spies conducting corporate espionage in Singapore and Malaysia.

I guess if the authorities someday stumble upon it, we all could land in Jail couldn't we ?? If going by the logic that Whatsapp messages are damning in a court of law conviction.......

Do they have any paper trail / transaction / any wire transfer that actually makes legal sense in a court of law ????
    Whatsapp evidence is definitely admissible in courts of laws across the world.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    This is all they have in evidence?
    Are you guys freaking kidding me? Eyewitness testimonies and whatsapp messages have out even murderers behind bars. I swear some of you guys act like you were the ones giving money to them to fix because even their own lawyers or parents would not defend these guys like you guys do

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, guess it's not looking good for Sharjeel/Latif. I was hoping there wouldn't be evidence and that they'd only be in trouble for not reporting but I guess this is it. What a waste of talent. Shame on them!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Evidence insufficient for corruption charges: Sharjeel's lawyer

The Pakistan Cricket Board, on Friday (April 14), presented evidence against Sharjeel Khan for his alleged involvement in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) corruption scandal to the three-man tribunal looking after the case. However, the player's lawyer Shaigan Ijaz said that the evidence is insufficient to prove him guilty.

"They have presented the evidences to the tribunal that contain statements of witnesses and some recording of interviews they had done during the investigations," Ijaz said. "I want to insist to my media friends that everybody is innocent until or unless proven guilty.

"Sharjeel Khan is our national asset and our national team player and until the matter is in proceeding and until things are not proved, he is innocent. We will assess the evidence in detail but we understand that these are insufficient."

The player and his counsel were also presented with the material and have been asked to respond by May 5. Khalid Latif, the other Islamabad United player who was accused of being involved in the corruption scandal, too has been handed over the evidence material and been asked to respond by May 5.

Both the players were alleged for breaching PSL's Anti Corruption Code, during the second season of the tournament. The players were accused and provisionally suspended from the tournament after the opening game of the season in which Sharjeel was dismissed for a 3-ball 1 and Latif didn't get to play.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...arjeels-lawyer

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    The Pakistan Cricket Board, on Friday (April 14), presented evidence against Sharjeel Khan for his alleged involvement in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) corruption scandal to the three-man tribunal looking after the case. However, the player's lawyer Shaigan Ijaz said that the evidence is insufficient to prove him guilty.

"They have presented the evidences to the tribunal that contain statements of witnesses and some recording of interviews they had done during the investigations," Ijaz said. "I want to insist to my media friends that everybody is innocent until or unless proven guilty.

"Sharjeel Khan is our national asset and our national team player and until the matter is in proceeding and until things are not proved, he is innocent. We will assess the evidence in detail but we understand that these are insufficient."

The player and his counsel were also presented with the material and have been asked to respond by May 5. Khalid Latif, the other Islamabad United player who was accused of being involved in the corruption scandal, too has been handed over the evidence material and been asked to respond by May 5.

Both the players were alleged for breaching PSL's Anti Corruption Code, during the second season of the tournament. The players were accused and provisionally suspended from the tournament after the opening game of the season in which Sharjeel was dismissed for a 3-ball 1 and Latif didn't get to play.

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news...arjeels-lawyer
    I just want this case to be over with. If innocent, great news, if guilty, Sharjeel Khan and others involved deserve whatever punishment they get

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm seriously hoping he's innocent. You can't afford lose an opener like Sharjeel you know.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitAI View Post
    I'm seriously hoping he's innocent. You can't afford lose an opener like Sharjeel you know.
    yes, he is definitely going to be banned for at least a year for not reporting. I don't think he'll lose much ability with a year out but anything more and it might be a similar case to Amir unfortunately. But if he also is guilty for spot fixing then we can say he has played his last game for Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    yes, he is definitely going to be banned for at least a year for not reporting. I don't think he'll lose much ability with a year out but anything more and it might be a similar case to Amir unfortunately. But if he also is guilty for spot fixing then we can say he has played his last game for Pakistan.
    He will definetly put on weight in one year.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    SK likely to get away with a heavy fine. The way two players (Sharjeel & Latif) are reacting, my hunch is that their involvement was at different level & also both are being treated differently by pcb.

Personally, I don't think one/two year ban helps anyone - SK or PAK team, if it's not a direct involvement. It's simply denying PAK team from it's best LO opener - that too for a joke like PSL, which is meant for cheap money & shallow entertainment. I would have made him suffer financially, but won't have banned - that's a collateral damage for PAK team.

In pro sports soccer or baseball, they hardly ban players, because it also costs the team, rather they fine players big amount. It doesn't make sense for me to penalize PAK team or IU. Drop him from central contract, chop his 50% match fees for next 2 years, fine half of his IU contract amount, drop him from endorsement/garuntee money share .... those are perfect for me to punish him but not costing his teams.

Won't be surprised if he is in CT team.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    SK likely to get away with a heavy fine. The way two players (Sharjeel & Latif) are reacting, my hunch is that their involvement was at different level & also both are being treated differently by pcb.

Personally, I don't think one/two year ban helps anyone - SK or PAK team, if it's not a direct involvement. It's simply denying PAK team from it's best LO opener - that too for a joke like PSL, which is meant for cheap money & shallow entertainment. I would have made him suffer financially, but won't have banned - that's a collateral damage for PAK team.

In pro sports soccer or baseball, they hardly ban players, because it also costs the team, rather they fine players big amount. It doesn't make sense for me to penalize PAK team or IU. Drop him from central contract, chop his 50% match fees for next 2 years, fine half of his IU contract amount, drop him from endorsement/garuntee money share .... those are perfect for me to punish him but not costing his teams.

So you are saying PCB is looking for a back door settlement? 🤔

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    So you are saying PCB is looking for a back door settlement? 🤔
    Might be that his involvement was forced upon from past entrapment - just don't see why someone would shoot own feet for few bucks, when he could have earned in millions in next decade. Back door - yes, bigger crooks are roaming around proudly after throwing PAK International matches, PSL is just a money making joke. I have never heard that there are censor board for a particular type of movie, then why PSL or why T20?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be that his involvement was forced upon from past entrapment - just don't see why someone would shoot own feet for few bucks, when he could have earned in millions in next decade. Back door - yes, bigger crooks are roaming around proudly after throwing PAK International matches, PSL is just a money making joke. I have never heard that there are censor board for a particular type of movie, then why PSL or why T20?
    Let's see. I think normal day to day hearing starts mid of may.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mate, there is no chance he will be in CT team

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by todfod 11 View Post
    He will definetly put on weight in one year.
    I don't think putting on MORE weight is possible.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I don't think putting on MORE weight is possible.
    If anything, he's looking slimmer than before now...

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    From my instinct, the lowest punishment he'll get is a heavy fine whereas the highest punishment would be a 1 year ban.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With the impending lack of flowing income he must have dispensed with the paranthay and started consuming chapati to save money.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think the minimum the players will get is 12-to-18 months. The maximum is something we should all look out for too though.

I gotta feeling someone will fall on their sword, and get a heavy ban.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just fine them and lets move on yar !!!

Us winning games is more important that PCB and it's morality compass......

Fine them heavily and get these two in the CT team

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel ko waapis lao he's indispensable to the team

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is everyone so confident he will be found innocent of fixing. I am hopeful but still not confident.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lahore- April 17, 2017: In furtherance of its fight against corruption in the game of cricket the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Security and Vigilance Department has today issued fresh Notices of Demand to Cricketers Khalid Latif and Shahzaib Hassan. These Notices of Demand have been issued under Article 4.3 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code and require both Cricketers to appear before the PCB Security and Vigilance Department for interviews relating to investigations into possible further breaches of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code.

Due to the sensitivity of the matters under question PCB shall not make any additional comments at this stage.

Name:  kl_sh.jpg
Views: 28939
Size:  144.2 KB
    Last edited by MenInG; 17th April 2017 at 13:22.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't deceived by this particular picture, his six packs are hidden behind the hand... I am sure he will be same, specially if things return to normal...Parathas and Briayni feast will begin, once (if) cloud of fixing is over.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When will we know if SHarjeel is innocent or if he is guilty

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Are you guys freaking kidding me? Eyewitness testimonies and whatsapp messages have out even murderers behind bars. I swear some of you guys act like you were the ones giving money to them to fix because even their own lawyers or parents would not defend these guys like you guys do

Chill and relax, most common people don't know the first thing about how the legal system works and how any messages/chats on social media can get you in trouble!

Sir Mamoon:
    Is Yasir a very good spinner? No - Is Yasir good enough for overseas Tests? No

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't accused players dress professionaly in a legal setting. They always dress like chichoray

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's called the dala look 🤣

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    When will we know if SHarjeel is innocent or if he is guilty
    When he is sentenced

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Final decision on the Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif spot-fixing cases expected 'soon'

LAHORE: Batsman Khalid Latif on Wednesday filed an intra-court appeal in the Lahore High Court (LHC) challenging dismissal of his writ petition by a single bench and the proceedings of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) anti-corruption tribunal on spot-fixing charges against him.

Khalid filed the petition through Advocate Zubair Khalid pleading that the PCB’s anti-corruption tribunal had no jurisdiction to investigate the spot-fixing charges.

He said the tribunal constituted under the PCB anti-corruption code was illegal as the code had not been gazetted in the Pakistan gazette. Criticising powers of PCB chairman to constitute the tribunal, he said a LHC single bench dismissed his petition on the matter ignoring facts of the case.

The petitioner asked the court to set aside decision of the single bench and the proceedings against him pending before the PCB anti-corruption tribunal. A division bench headed by Justice Shahid Karim would take up the intra-court appeal on Thursday.

Khalid and four other players had been charged for breaching the PCB’s anti-corruption code during the this year’s Pakistan Super League (PSL) held in the UAE.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1330874/kh...-appeal-in-lhc

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am afraid this won't necessarily end well for Khalid

He's essentially taking the PCB head on

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LHC rejects Latif’s appeal against PCB tribunal powers

Lahore - The Lahore High Court (LHC) Thursday rejected suspended cricketer Khalid Latif’s appeal challenging the powers of the Pakistan Cricket Board’s Anti-Corruption Tribunal in the PSL spot-fixing case.

The court, during hearing of the case today, demanded response from the federal government and the PCB on June 13 regarding the matter. The court had earlier accepted Latif’s application challenging dismissal of his petition against proceedings of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Tribunal in the spot-fixing case.

Latif had filed an intra-court appeal on Wednesday challenging an order of the LHC single bench which had dismissed his petition against the PCB Anti-Corruption Code and tribunal proceedings regarding PSL corruption allegations against him. In his appeal, the batsman had said that the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code had status of law and it was mandatory to notify the same in a gazette of Pakistan. Since it was not notified in the gazette, it was illegal and without any force, the appeal had contended.

The application had further claimed that the PCB chairman did not have any powers to form a tribunal, and requested the court to set aside the LHC single-bench order and suspend the tribunal proceedings till the final decision of the appeal. Latif has been charged for breaching Articles 2.1.1, 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 of the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code.

He faces five charges on counts relating to fixing and failure to report it, and another charge of attempting to lure other players to fixing. The tribunal, set up to hear the alleged corruption charges against the players, is headed by retired Justice Asghar Haider and comprises former PCB chairman retired Lt Gen Tauqir Zia and former Test captain Wasim Bari.

Meanwhile, the PCB tribunal is set to conduct another hearing of the spot-fixing case against suspended batsman Shahzaib Hasan today. Shahzaib has been charged with violations of articles 2.1.4 (directly or indirectly facilitating with corrupt activities), 2.4.4 (failing to disclose to the PCB full details of any approaches to engage in Corrupt Conduct), and 2.4.5.

http://nation.com.pk/sports/05-May-2...ribunal-powers

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Khalid Latif is challenging ACU? LOL

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PRESS RELEASE FROM ANTI CORRUPTION TRIBUNAL

Lahore May 5, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:

1. Jus. (R) Asghar Haider (Chairman)
    2. Lt. Gen. (R) Tauqir Zia (Member)
    3. Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)
    4. Mr. Khalid Latif, along with Mr. Badar Alam, Advocate
    5. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi and Mr. Haider Ali Khan Advocates for PCB
    6. Mr. Salman Naseer, GM Legal Affairs PCB
    7. Col. (R) Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department

Mr. Khalid Latif, through his counsel, Mr. Badar Alam filed his Answering Brief to PCB’s Opening brief and copies of the same were provided to PCB. Under the Code PCB may, if it so desires, file a Reply Brief to Mr. Khalid Latif’s Answering Brief by 10th May 2017.

At the hearing, Mr. Khalid Latif’s Counsel, Mr. Badar Alam requested that better copies of certain pages of PCB’s Opening Brief be provided. Upon directions of the Tribunal, the same were provided by PCB.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem View Post

Lahore May 5, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:

4. Mr. Khalid Latif, along with Mr. Badar Alam, Advocate

Mr. Khalid Latif, through his counsel, Mr. Badar Alam filed his Answering Brief to PCB’s Opening brief and copies of the same were provided to PCB. Under the Code PCB may, if it so desires, file a Reply Brief to Mr. Khalid Latif’s Answering Brief by 10th May 2017.

At the hearing, Mr. Khalid Latif’s Counsel, Mr. Badar Alam requested that better copies of certain pages of PCB’s Opening Brief be provided. Upon directions of the Tribunal, the same were provided by PCB.
    what in the world does this even mean? lol

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    this is the problem with our so called fans.

No matter what, they wouldn't care if their payers were guilty. Infact, they will always try to portray them as innocent.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PCB trying to ruin career of Khalid Latif: lawyer

Suspended cricketer Khalid Latif’s lawyer, Badar Alam, on Friday levelled allegations on the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) that they are trying to ruin the career of his client by trying to call him again and again for the tribunal meeting.

Latif was suspended by the PCB from all forms of international and domestic cricket following his alleged involvement in match-fixing during the recently-concluded Pakistan Super League (PSL).

“The PCB are trying to ruin the career of my client. They only want to pressurise him into coming up with an agreement with the board,” he said.

Alam further said that Latif’s case is being heard by the Lahore High Court and that the PCB has no right to call him for the tribunal meeting, calling it unlawful.

“The PCB has no proof of Latif’s involvement in match-fixing. The only thing that they have is a video message in which my client has accepted that he did meet the bookie. They do not have any proof that he was involved in fixing,” he said.

Alam also stated that is the PCB insists on calling Latif to the tribunal again and again, then it will be deemed as harassment.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1402009...-latif-lawyer/

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what a stupid statement by a lawyer. Latif might have got a lunatic representing him

Anyways, its the tribunal to decided whos guilty or not........

and someone should tell this guy that even meeting with a bookie and not reporting him is a crime. ( the hotline is available 24/7)
    Last edited by Major; 5th May 2017 at 13:12.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB goes after the weakest as they dont have any backing

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as per lawyer, The PCB has offered Back Door agreement.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He met a bookie..... oh well that's ok then because that's normal behaviour...

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sharjeel appears before Anti-Corruption Tribunal, given time till May 10 to file answering brief

4. Mr. Sharjeel Khan, along with Mr. Shaigan Ejaz, Advocate

At the hearing, Mr. Sharjeel Khan’s Counsel, Mr. Shaigan Ejaz requested that better copies of certain pages PCB’s Opening Brief be provided. Upon directions of the Tribunal, the same were provided by PCB and Mr. Sharjeel Khan was given till 10th May 2017 to file his Answering Brief. Thereafter, PCB shall have the option of filing a Reply Brief, if it deems necessary by 13th May 2017.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 5th May 2017 at 15:56.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. Mr. Sharjeel Khan, along with Mr. Shaigan Ejaz, Advocate

At the hearing, Mr. Sharjeel Khan’s Counsel, Mr. Shaigan Ejaz requested that better copies of certain pages PCB’s Opening Brief be provided. Upon directions of the Tribunal, the same were provided by PCB and Mr. Sharjeel Khan was given till 10th May 2017 to file his Answering Brief. Thereafter, PCB shall have the option of filing a Reply Brief, if it deems necessary by 13th May 2017.
    He's gone. Looks like we'll have to get used to Ahmed Shehzad

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Enough evidence against Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif on spot-fixing: PCB

Karachi: The legal advisor of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Tafazzul Rizvi has said that there is enough evidence against Pakistani batsmen Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif on spot-fixing and other charges.

Rizvi said in an interview that the "available evidence in the form of telephone conversations, messages etc had all undergone forensic testing and were enough to convince the tribunal, formed to hear the spot-fixing charges, to take action against the players".

He felt that the two players were trying to misguide the tribunal.

"They are trying to use legal terms to save themselves and misguiding the tribunal," said Rizvi.

The lawyers of both players have said that the PCB has insufficient evidence against their clients but Rizvi insisted that the evidence was strong and enough to hand over punishments to the players.

The PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit, meanwhile, has also summoned Pakistani allrounder Muhammad Nawaz for questioning on May 11.

Nawaz's call up is said to be related to an incident in Australia when Pakistan was touring there last winter.

The sources within the board say that the spot-fixing case could take an interesting turn when Pakistani Test opener Nasir Jamshed will record his statement to the ACU on skype from London.

Rizvi also said that Latif insisted that he had not met a bookmaker but the bookmaker had met him.

"Even if the bookmaker met him why didn't he report this immediately to the authorities and this in itself is a punishable offense under the anti-corruption code," he added.

The lawyer for Latif has raised the objection that all three members of the tribunal were former employees of the board.

The tribunal is headed by retired Justice Asghar Haider, who worked as legal advisor for the PCB, former Test captain Wasim Bari, who has worked in various capacities in the board. The third member is Lt General (retd) Tauqir Zia, who was Chairman of the board between 1999 and 2003.

http://zeenews.india.com/cricket/eno...b-2003668.html

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I may be wrong here, but the relative silence from sharjeel's camp, compared to the public statements and Legal measures taken by Latif gives me the feeling that sharjeel will get a slap on the wrist while most of this will be pinned on Khalid. The PCB has also been attacking khalid far more than sharjeel. In fact I don't think they have exclusively mentioned sharjeel for a while. Khalid on the other has been.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Karachi: The legal advisor of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Tafazzul Rizvi has said that there is enough evidence against Pakistani batsmen Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif on spot-fixing and other charges.

Rizvi said in an interview that the "available evidence in the form of telephone conversations, messages etc had all undergone forensic testing and were enough to convince the tribunal, formed to hear the spot-fixing charges, to take action against the players".

"They are trying to use legal terms to save themselves and misguiding the tribunal," said Rizvi.

The lawyers of both players have said that the PCB has insufficient evidence against their clients but Rizvi insisted that the evidence was strong and enough to hand over punishments to the players.

The PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit, meanwhile, has also summoned Pakistani allrounder Muhammad Nawaz for questioning on May 11.

Nawaz's call up is said to be related to an incident in Australia when Pakistan was touring there last winter.

The sources within the board say that the spot-fixing case could take an interesting turn when Pakistani Test opener Nasir Jamshed will record his statement to the ACU on skype from London.

Rizvi also said that Latif insisted that he had not met a bookmaker but the bookmaker had met him.

"Even if the bookmaker met him why didn't he report this immediately to the authorities and this in itself is a punishable offense under the anti-corruption code," he added.

The lawyer for Latif has raised the objection that all three members of the tribunal were former employees of the board.

The tribunal is headed by retired Justice Asghar Haider, who worked as legal advisor for the PCB, former Test captain Wasim Bari, who has worked in various capacities in the board. The third member is Lt General (retd) Tauqir Zia, who was Chairman of the board between 1999 and 2003.

That bolded part sounds like they've already made up their minds, and no matter what evidence the players have to the contrary, the tribunal have already formed their opinions.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The burden of proof required in criminal courts is way higher than what is required in civil courts or sporting tribunals.

Hence why people like Kaneria, Sreesanth, and others were either cleared by the criminal courts (or the prosecution dropped the case due to lack of evidence) yet the cricketing bodies found them guilty.

Criminal prosecutions......

Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. The standard that must be met by the prosecution's evidence in a criminal prosecution: that no other logical explanation can be derived from the facts except that the defendant committed the crime, thereby overcoming the presumption that a person is innocent until proven guilty.
    Civil prosecutions......

Balance of Probabilities Definition: Burden of proof in civil trials. Related Terms: Reasonable Doubt, Burden of Proof, Trial. Also known as preponderance of evidence. The common distinction is made with the burden of truth in a criminal trial, which is beyond a reasonable doubt.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Austin,Texas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    That bolded part sounds like they've already made up their minds, and no matter what evidence the players have to the contrary, the tribunal have already formed their opinions.
    Apologies if I am wrong, however, Rizvi is part of the prosecution and not the tribunal. So, he would claim this and present it to the tribunal. That is not the tribunal saying we have solid evidence right?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Insight View Post
    Apologies if I am wrong, however, Rizvi is part of the prosecution and not the tribunal. So, he would claim this and present it to the tribunal. That is not the tribunal saying we have solid evidence right?
    It states that Rizvi convinced the tribunal that there was enough evidence for action the players...

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Austin,Texas
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It states that Rizvi convinced the tribunal that there was enough evidence for action the players...
    Ah okay thank you, didn't properly read that part. That's what I get for glancing at PP during office hours haha

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If this is the only offense, than I am sorry to say, PCB is highly inefficient organization. This is something can be resolved by fines and may be suspension...Why they would make such an hoop halla about not reporting a approach by bookie??

Sethi not in lame light for PCB chairmanship post, means somebody is not happy about him in general, maybe that's why SK's resignation (even at 85 years of age) was not accepted...

Whole episode is a mess, I can imagine there maybe be one guy guilty of actual spot fixing (aka Sharjeel) but 3/4 guys just investigated for not reporting approach, that too in most cases reported but late, looks very lame from PCB. This should not cause that wide spread investigation. PCB is damaging themselves lot more than players.

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Global Insight View Post
    Ah okay thank you, didn't properly read that part. That's what I get for glancing at PP during office hours haha
    It states that Rizvi convinced the tribunal that there was enough evidence for action the players... -
    Yeah, also better if I actually spoke English and not some broken lingo too

Meant to say "for action against the players..."

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    If this is the only offense, than I am sorry to say, PCB is highly inefficient organization. This is something can be resolved by fines and may be suspension...Why they would make such an hoop halla about not reporting a approach by bookie??

Sethi not in lame light for PCB chairmanship post, means somebody is not happy about him in general, maybe that's why SK's resignation (even at 85 years of age) was not accepted...

Whole episode is a mess, I can imagine there maybe be one guy guilty of actual spot fixing (aka Sharjeel) but 3/4 guys just investigated for not reporting approach, that too in most cases reported but late, looks very lame from PCB. This should not cause that wide spread investigation. PCB is damaging themselves lot more than players.
    That's not the only evidence as per Rizvi...phone conversation and messaging were the other stuff he talked about.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's not the only evidence as per Rizvi...phone conversation and messaging were the other stuff he talked about.
    It appears evidence against Latif is weak and so is against others, except Sharjeel. Approach by bookie is not crime of century, that is the prime evidence against all of them (except Sharjeel).

If at the end of this, only case against 4 others is not reporting approach by bookie, than so what? - You cannot life ban guys on that crime, nor you can give them any severe punishment, why so much hoop halla?? - This is all unnecessary...

From fans and media perspective, everybody is interested in Sharjeel's case, because he is the only national level player involved here...It feels like they are protecting him, in a typical Pakistani fashion...This whole topi drama is just a shame

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    I may be wrong here, but the relative silence from sharjeel's camp, compared to the public statements and Legal measures taken by Latif gives me the feeling that sharjeel will get a slap on the wrist while most of this will be pinned on Khalid. The PCB has also been attacking khalid far more than sharjeel. In fact I don't think they have exclusively mentioned sharjeel for a while. Khalid on the other has been.
    Exactly how I feel. They will try to pin it all on Khalid, Shahzaib and Jamshed to save Sharjeel.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    660 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Jamshed's testimony could be very damning. Interested to hear what comes of it.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jamshed will open a can of worms, especially now that he's career is over and he doesn't have anything to lose.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lahore (May 10, 2017): The suspended cricketer Sharjeel Khan has submitted the reply of evidences to the Tribunal in the lights of Mohammed Yousuf, Dean Jones and Sadiq Mohammed statements.

Sharjeel Khan was suspended over violating six clauses of PCB Code of Conduct; hence Sharjeel while rejecting all allegations, not only raised questions over ACU investigations, but also expressed reservations over conflicted reservations. According to Sharjeel Khan’s lawyer Shaigan Ejaz, three former cricketers Mohammed Yousuf Dean Jones and Sadiq Mohammed statements were also added as observers in the reply submitted to the tribunal.

PCB Lawyer Tafzal Rizvi declared Sharjeel Khan’s reply as his victory, saying that the suspended cricketer has admitted to have meeting with the bookie along with Khalid Lateef. PCB Tribunal will submit its reply over Sharjeel Khan’s reply on May 13, after which the hearing will begin on daily basis from May 15.

http://abbtakk.tv/en/spot-fixing-cas...y-to-tribunal/

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Lahore May 10, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore.

Earlier in the day, Mr. Taffazul Rizvi, counsel for PCB, filed a Reply Brief before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal on behalf of the Board. Mr. Khalid Latif and his counsel, Mr. Badar Alam, had already informed the Tribunal that they would be unable to attend the hearing and had requested the Tribunal that a copy of the Reply Brief be forwarded to them. This request was granted by the Tribunal. Day to day hearings shall commence from 19th May 2017.

Later, Mr. Sharjeel Khan, through counsel Mr. Shaigan Ejaz, filed his Answering Brief before the Tribunal and copies of the same were also provided to the Board. Under the Code, PCB, if it so desires, may file a Reply Brief to Mr. Sharjeel Khan’s Answering Brief by 13th May 2017. Day to day hearings shall commence from 15th May 2017 onwards.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If we are saving Sharjeel (provided he is guilty) only because he is national asset, we should just hang our heads in shame.

PSL will always trap new and upcoming players and all they will learn is that there is always a way back if you are talented enough in PCB. (aka Amir and then Sharjeel being selected again if it happens).

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really very foolish media talks by PCB legal counsel. Why they are playing it in media. What is the use of such tribunal if they have such sufficient evidence.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Lahore (May 10, 2017): The suspended cricketer Sharjeel Khan has submitted the reply of evidences to the Tribunal in the lights of Mohammed Yousuf, Dean Jones and Sadiq Mohammed statements.

Sharjeel Khan was suspended over violating six clauses of PCB Code of Conduct; hence Sharjeel while rejecting all allegations, not only raised questions over ACU investigations, but also expressed reservations over conflicted reservations. According to Sharjeel Khan’s lawyer Shaigan Ejaz, three former cricketers Mohammed Yousuf Dean Jones and Sadiq Mohammed statements were also added as observers in the reply submitted to the tribunal.

PCB Lawyer Tafzal Rizvi declared Sharjeel Khan’s reply as his victory, saying that the suspended cricketer has admitted to have meeting with the bookie along with Khalid Lateef. PCB Tribunal will submit its reply over Sharjeel Khan’s reply on May 13, after which the hearing will begin on daily basis from May 15.

http://abbtakk.tv/en/spot-fixing-cas...y-to-tribunal/
    Once again Rizvi isn't doing himself any favours here...We all know they met a bookie, that's what they and everyone around them stated. The issue is now, as it was then, they both claimed they didn't know he was a bookie but a fan.

That now falls on Rizvi and co to prove, something which they haven't, yet.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any update on Sharjeel Khan?

Is there any update on how long his ban is going to be? I think the trial or whatever was suppose to be held on May 7 or 8, but I haven't heard anything. We need him during the CT, so hopefully all of this is a misunderstanding.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    880 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanPredator View Post
    Is there any update on how long his ban is going to be? I think the trial or whatever was suppose to be held on May 7 or 8, but I haven't heard anything. We need him during the CT, so hopefully all of this is a misunderstanding.
    Even if Sharjeel is innocent, no way is he going to be a part of the CT.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Even if Sharjeel is innocent, no way is he going to be a part of the CT.
    True, we still need him back asap because he provides that hitting capability our team lacks right now

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel should not be back if he is even slightly guilty in any aspect.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ban him for life time or ready to face future fixers.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    600 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I hope all three get away with it......

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think if he's guilty [fixing, agreeing to fix], along with Latif and the others they should all get the maximum ban.

Enough of the "he's our best player etc" BS.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Lahore May 13, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore.

Mr. Taffazul Rizvi, counsel for PCB, filed a Reply Brief before the Anti-Corruption Tribunal on behalf of the Board. Copies of the same were also provided to Mr. Sharjeel Khan and and his counsel, Mr. Shaigan Ejaz. Final arguments shall commence on 15th May 2017 on a day to day basis.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think if he's guilty [fixing, agreeing to fix], along with Latif and the others they should all get the maximum ban.

Enough of the "he's our best player etc" BS.
    they are guilty. that's why they are looking at technical and legal flaws otherwise they know they are caught red handedly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    they are guilty. that's why they are looking at technical and legal flaws otherwise they know they are caught red handedly.
    They are guilty, It looks almost confirmed now after the release of voice messages.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are guilty, It looks almost confirmed now after the release of voice messages.
    No mention of sharjeel in the voice messages...

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    No mention of sharjeel in the voice messages...
    The BAT they were trying to sell was Sharjeel as per reports.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A clip which was recorded during Khalid’s interrogation by Col Azam of the PCB’s Security and Vigilance Department also got leaked. In it, Khalid was acknowledging, “Yes, he made me an offer, but I turned it down. The word bat was used for me.”

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No it wasn't. read again.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadida97 View Post
    A clip which was recorded during Khalid’s interrogation by Col Azam of the PCB’s Security and Vigilance Department also got leaked. In it, Khalid was acknowledging, “Yes, he made me an offer, but I turned it down. The word bat was used for me.”
    But by the messages it looks like as if he had accepted the offer and was looking to make sure that guy was okay (Yousaf).

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it wasn't. read again.
    But then they were found having a meet up together with bookie and foreigner.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But then they were found having a meet up together with bookie and foreigner.
    I'm not doubting that, I'm correcting your assertion that "BAT" meant Sharjeel. Which it states it didn't.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not doubting that, I'm correcting your assertion that "BAT" meant Sharjeel. Which it states it didn't.
    Okay mate. Got it, I think all 3 are gone.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pakistan cricketer Khalid Latif 'given bat grips by bookie' to indicate fix

The Pakistan Cricket Board on Friday said it had seized bat grips given to Khalid Latif by a bookmaker which the Islamabad United opener was allegedly supposed to use to indicate he would participate in a spot-fix.

The 31-year-old batsman stands accused of attempting to spot-fix, accepting an offer by a bookmaker which he did not report, and luring other players into the conspiracy.

His case is currently being heard by a three-member tribunal convened to adjudicate on the scandal which emerged during the Pakistan Super League (PSL) in the United Arab Emirates in February and March.

Fast bowler Mohammad Irfan and spinner Mohammad Nawaz have already been banned for six months with six suspended, and one month with one suspended, respectively and fined after they confessed to failing to report meetings with bookmakers.

Khalid and three other players -- Sharjeel Khan, Shahzaib Hasan and Nasir Jamshed -- are also provisionally suspended on various charges and face bans ranging from five years to life if found guilty.

"One (piece) of ... evidence is that we seized the bat grips that (a) bookie had given and they were seized from Khalid's kit bag," PCB lawyer Taffazul Rizvi told reporters.

Spot-fixing involves attempting to determine the outcome of a specific part of a match rather than the overall result, and is therefore harder to detect than match-fixing.

Khalid did not feature in Islamabad United's opening game of the league, against Peshawar Zalmi in Dubai on February 9 but is said to have passed on the grip to Sharjeel Khan.

Sharjeel is alleged to have played two dot balls -- balls from which a batsman does not score -- according to a pre-determined plan.

Rizvi added that Khalid had met the bookmaker twice but failed to report the meeting.

On Thursday the head of International Cricket Council's Anti-Corruption and Safety Unit Sir Ronnie Flanagan told the tribunal that Britain's National Crime Agency had provided the initial tip-off about fixing attempts in the PSL.

Khalid's lawyer Badar Alam meanwhile contested the neutrality of the tribunal on the grounds that one of its members was a former PCB chairman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp...icate-fix.html