Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    simple. This goes out as a warning too all others.
    I would like to see what happens if Sethi names a foreign player under investigation.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The naming and shaming is pretty pathetic from Sethi. Shut up and do your job. If found guilty then do and say what you want, until then shut your gob.

Goodness me

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I'm just speculating - the ICC and ACSU claimed after the 2010 incident that they will do periodic sting operations on players from around the world, and haul them up if they failed to report the (fabricated) approach.

Judging by the number of names that have come out here, I presume this theory holds water. The only question is whether the ICC has jurisdiction over the PSL, which as far as I can tell they do.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    355 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Its biggest loss for our main team. We will not have a single player in our domestic like Sharjeel. Now on we will be looking forward 230 where par score is 350+.
    Was talking about Irfan.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    According to some media outlets, Shahzaib Hasan was approached by a shady fellow and reported it which is why he was questioned, and the action vs Latif & Sharjeel was taken following that.

Poor guy getting his name dragged across the mud

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    According to some media outlets, Shahzaib Hasan was approached by a shady fellow and reported it which is why he was questioned, and the action vs Latif & Sharjeel was taken following that.

Poor guy getting his name dragged across the mud
    Perhaps the shady individual that tried to lure him told him that your "buddies" Sharjeel and Latif are already in. Remember Shahzaib, Sharjeel and Latif have been representing the Karachi region for close to a decade and would be good friends. The shady person may even have received Shahzaib's contact info through those two.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shahzaib has done well. Proud of him.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Perhaps the shady individual that tried to lure him told him that your "buddies" Sharjeel and Latif are already in. Remember Shahzaib, Sharjeel and Latif have been representing the Karachi region for close to a decade and would be good friends. The shady person may even have received Shahzaib's contact info through those two.
    Possible, but very good on Shahzaib to report.

You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an irresponsible statement. Never seen board chairman drag his own players into mud. Investigations are underway and he's throwing around names against whom nothing is proven.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sethi is like taking these names with schadenfreude. As if he is some saviour of Pakistan cricket saving us from devils.

I will again say that they shouldn't take names of players who are still playing the tournament and if they have to take names, those players shouldn't play the tournament.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Sethi is like taking these names with schadenfreude. As if he is some saviour of Pakistan cricket saving us from devils.

I will again say that they shouldn't take names of players who are still playing the tournament and if they have to take names, those players shouldn't play the tournament.
    while I apperciate Sethi's efforts this was handled very unprofessionally

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I can't believe educated people have posted in this thread.

Are you blind and so thick that you can't differentiate questioning from fixing or corruption?

Who are you to call them cheats when nobody is calling them and nothing is proven? They're even set to play the PSL!

Have some shame.

If someone is caught n proven, ban for life.
    Exactly. Everyone has gone into frenzy after just hearing a few names. We should reserve judgment before all the details are known.

But no, we're all hell bent on labeling anyone who's name is being mentioned by Sethi as a cheat. I think this matter has been handled very badly by the PCB. Why mention names and suspend people and then keep people in the dark about the details? They know how our media is like.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

I just heard Sethi on live TV (in one of the GEO scumbag's program) confirm that Imad Wasim is not questioned.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gangstathe13th View Post
    I just heard Sethi on live TV (in one of the GEO scumbag's program) confirm that Imad Wasim is not questioned.
    That didn't stop them from making baseless allegations earlier.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Man View Post
    Exactly. Everyone has gone into frenzy after just hearing a few names. We should reserve judgment before all the details are known.

But no, we're all hell bent on labeling anyone who's name is being mentioned by Sethi as a cheat. I think this matter has been handled very badly by the PCB. Why mention names and suspend people and then keep people in the dark about the details? They know how our media is like.
    Because Sethi himself is a media guy.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. The intention of the host was to somehow get a confirmation from Sethi that Imad is somehow involved. Not sure why they are behind him?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gangstathe13th View Post
    Yup. The intention of the host was to somehow get a confirmation from Sethi that Imad is somehow involved. Not sure why they are behind him?
    hint : Karachi Kings player?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Okay so let me get this straight - Shahzaib, Zulfiqar, and Irfan have now been proven innocent and the only two in real trouble at the moment now are Sharjeel and Khalid?

Also, Umar Akmal (some sources were reporting him) and Imad Wasim are completely innocent?

Someone please confirm this @Abdullah719 @Ahson8

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Okay so let me get this straight - Shahzaib, Zulfiqar, and Irfan have now been proven innocent and the only two in real trouble at the moment now are Sharjeel and Khalid?

Also, Umar Akmal (some sources were reporting him) and Imad Wasim are completely innocent?

PCB's unprofessionalism allowed our garbage media to create a lot of speculations knowing they can get away with this dirt. The players being questioned doesn't mean they are guilty. and you don't even disclose players unless they are really guilty. This would never happen under a professional set up.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never could understand, why cricketers do fixing.. May be i am wrong but i dont think it is money.. How much money could he earn by fixing ? He had 70000 pound deal with english county.. Another good psl and he would have been playing all the leagues in the world Plus being a central contracted player and match fee combined, he was making tons of money.. I think they may do it for the thrill of it, the thrill of doing something illegal and getting away with it.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Imad has denied the reports. Umar seems to be in the clear. Hasn't been mentioned in any reliable outlet.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The ones in trouble for now are Sharjeel and Khalid, the first three have been cleared for the time being.

Other names being thrown about are just media speculation.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Mohammad Irfan not completely clear yet, according to Shehryar Khan!

Just hearing his press conference live. I´m sure the exact quotes will come up soon from our PP staff, or news articles, but from what I´m hearing him say, only Zulfiqar Babar and Shahzaib Hassan have been cleared. Whereas another two were suspended immediately, Irfan´s case will be investigated further.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The unprofessionalism continues...then why did PCB force IU managment to have him picked for the last game?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I wouldn´t want anyone to take my words. I´ll surely wait for the exact quotes to come up for my own satisfaction too to be sure of what I heard.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    The unprofessionalism continues...then why did PCB force IU managment to have him picked for the last game?
    He wasn't picked for the last game

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How unprofessional are these guys?!

It's a rhetorical question...

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    He wasn't picked for the last game
    But he was "available" from what I know, which makes it a little strange.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    921 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Horrible horrible way of handling the case...I tell you our local players are use to this mess these idiots will scare away foreign players with their stupid attitude.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

PSL 2017 spot-fixing: Mohammad Irfan continues to be under investigation, claims PCB

Karachi: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Monday said that left-arm pacer Mohammad Irfan still remained under investigation in the corruption scandal that hit Pakistan Super League (PSL) second edition in Dubai last week. PCB Chairman Shahryar Khan told a media briefing in Lahore that while evidence had been found against Pakistani batsmen Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif, which is why they were sent back immediately from the PSL, investigations were continuing against Irfan. Sharjeel, Khalid and Irfan all represent Islamabad United side in the PSL. Islamabad did not field Irfan in their second match after the scandal broke out although he played in their first game in the PSL.

“Irfan is still under investigation and two or three days he might also be sent a show cause notice,” Khan said. He said two other players — Zulfiqar Babar and Shahzaib Hasan — who have also played for Pakistan had been cleared of any wrongdoing and could play in the PSL. Khan said show cause notices had already been sent to Sharjeel and Khalid to explain their position. “The PCB will be forming a disciplinary committee under the supervision of a retired judge which will conduct the disciplinary proceedings and inquiry in which the players and others will appear to give their statements,” Khan said.

He made it clear that since PCB’s Anti-Corruption Unit had uncovered these incidents of violation of PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code, the Board’s disciplinary committee will decide the punishment. “This case is not like that happened in 2010 when Salman Butt, Muhammad Asif and Muhammad Aamir were punished by the ICC’s Anti-Corruption Tribunal. In this case the PCB will supervise everything. But let me make it clear if any player thinks he can do corruption and come back after a few years ban he is wrong. This time we are going to set the right deterrent,” the PCB chief said.

Khan said Sharjeel and Khalid had returned on the same flight from Dubai as him and they had wanted to talk to him. “They approached me when we landed in Karachi but I told them that they had brought disgrace and shame on their families and Pakistan cricket and there was no reason for them to do this. I gave them a piece of my mind and they went away,” he added.

He also explained that Sharjeel and Khalid were caught one day after the PCB’s ACU had given all teams a complete briefing on anti-corruption procedures. “Under our Code, accepting money to spot-fix is a big crime but even not reporting any approaches made to them by any player is also a serious offence,” he said.

“Our people are very vigilant in PSL because we know international betting syndicates are eying the league and we expect the players to remain vigilant all the time. This incident has hurt PSL which is why we are very hurt, ashamed and angry with the actions of these players,” he said.

http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/p...ims-pcb-576120

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arham_PakFan View Post
    Salman Butt was educated.Being greedy and corrupt has nothing to do with education.
    Oh yes it does. Educated people attract better jobs so are less likely to cheat for the sake of making money.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    once i watched a interview on Sheryal khan in tv . anchor said to him ( hum sunte hain logo se ke kuch log paise waghera de ke bhi team main aa jate hain . ye ye such hai )
    sheryal : yes bikul bilkul aap theek kah rahe hain.
    anchor was rana Mubashir and he was shocked . he again said sheryar sahab i am saying players can also get in team after giving bribe or or links with relatives .
    sheryar's ans was same . yes they can selected in team , if they perform .

anchor agaid said i am saying about players use others link to selected in team . again ans was yes they can be selected .

i am sure sheryar khan was not saying that people can be selected in team after giving bribe . but look at our PCB chief he can not understand what anchor is talking about. and he is the head of PCB. to PCB ka Allah hi Hafiz hona hai .

he can't ans simple questions of anchor they how he is going to tackle this match fixing issue .

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With all due respect, this guy needs to stay quiet (would have used another phrase if it weren't for his age) . . . Stop adding more fuel to fire sir! This is a grave situation . . and you need to handle it smartly! You have already said there is an investigation under way! Until that's done and complete, stay the hell quiet and let people, fans, players and world concentrate on PSL!! FGS!!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    With all due respect, this guy needs to stay quiet (would have used another phrase if it weren't for his age) . . . Stop adding more fuel to fire sir! This is a grave situation . . and you need to handle it smartly! You have already said there is an investigation under way! Until that's done and complete, stay the hell quiet and let people, fans, players and world concentrate on PSL!! FGS!!
    That would be the sensible thing to do but that's too much to expect.

Expect more daily statements until the issue is resolved.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakLFC View Post
    Oh yes it does. Educated people attract better jobs so are less likely to cheat for the sake of making money.
    History tell us that the educated people do bigger crimes in terms of impact and $$ than less educated. Just to give u a simple idea search for Enron on the web.

Akal sirf parhaai se nahi tarbiyat or muashre ke istehkaam se ati hi.

Love for all hatred for none.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shahryar Khan is a joke. Baba gi has no idea how to handle the media.

Giving such statements doesn't help what so ever especially when there is nothing proven yet. If Sharjeel and or Khalid are innocent, they should file a case on Shahryar.

“I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RehanG View Post
    History tell us that the educated people do bigger crimes in terms of impact and $$ than less educated. Just to give u a simple idea search for Enron on the web.

Akal sirf parhaai se nahi tarbiyat or muashre ke istehkaam se ati hi.
    We are talking of a specific crime here that is match or spot fixing for the sake of making money. Our players do this because they are always in need, compared to other international Cricketers they are paid rather poorly. As they are poorly educated like Asif it is easier for them to give in to temptation. Crimes like murder and such are often not associated with attaining wealth. See the difference between crimes associated with wealth and others that are not. Match fixing is always linked to making easy money.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by world cup captain View Post
    Shahryar Khan is a joke. Baba gi has no idea how to handle the media.

Giving such statements doesn't help what so ever especially when there is nothing proven yet. If Sharjeel and or Khalid are innocent, they should file a case on Shahryar.
    Baba ji ko sunai deta nahi. Eyes kam nahi krtin. Chal sakta nahi. Dill ka mariz hai abhi ilaj kara ke aaya hai sarkari kharche pe.
    Bas aik kam aata hai media pe aa ke batain karna or wo bhi ulti sedhi bina sar pair ke

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bowler Irfan slapped with restrictions

LAHORE: Fast bowler Muhammad Irfan, who is under investigation for his alleged role in Pakistan Super League (PSL) match spot-fixing, has been slapped with various restrictions, Samaa reported Wednesday.

According to our correspondent, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has barred the bowler from using his cell phone and meeting his fellow cricketers in the PSL due to the ongoing investigation into match-fixing.

Sources said investigators have not so far cleared Muhammad Irfan who is playing for Islamabad United.

Two more players of Zulfiqar Babar (Quetta Gladiator) and Shahzaib Hasan (Karachi Kings) were also quizzed but cleared of any wrong-doing.

On the other hand, the Pakistan Cricket Board has suspended three players – Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and Nasir Jamshed – all have represented Pakistan in international cricket, for their alleged role in the fixing.

Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif arrived in Lahore from Dubai and recorded their statements before PCB investigation panel.

British police said Tuesday arrested Pakistani batsman Nasir Jamshed and a person named Yousuf in connection with bribery offences as part of an investigation into the spot-fixing.

UK authorities are working closely with PCB and International Cricket Council’s anti-corruption units.

Sharjeel and Latif have been accused of meet a suspicious person linked to an international betting syndicate.

Jamshed, who made the last of 68 appearances for Pakistan across all three formats nearly two years ago, is not taking part in the PSL.

Nevertheless, the PCB said Monday he had been provisionally suspended from all forms of cricket for “violating its anti-corruption code”.

The PSL, a five-team tournament, is largely being played in the UAE because of security concerns although Lahore is the scheduled venue for next month’s final.

PCB chief Shaharyar Khan has vowed a “deterrent” punishment if Sharjeel and Latif, were found guilty of spot-fixing.

Sharjeel has a contract with English county side Leicestershire to play in the domestic Twenty20 Blast tournament later this year.

Sharjeel, 27 and Latif, 31, shared a blistering century opening partnership during Pakistan’s crushing nine-wicket victory over England in a lone Twenty20 international at Old Trafford in September

Pakistan faced criticism for allowing Mohammed Amir to return to international cricket after he, together with team-mates Salman Butt and Mohammed Asif, was involved in a spot-fixing scandal during a 2010 Lord’s Test against England that saw the trio jailed and given five-year bans from the sport. – Samaa/AFP

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2017/02/...l-spot-fixing/

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would love to know how and why Irfan is playing today for IU if he is still under investigation?!?!