Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets take a moment to appreciate Ahmed Shehzad

With all this fixing saga going on and one player after another being mentioned of being involved with bookies, let's take a minute here to appreciate how Ahmed Shehzad has never been involved in such activities despite all his flaws.

He is one of the most famous players in Pakistan cricket. Among fans, among haters, obsessed cricket fans, occasional cricket fans and even the media. He would be a good target for bookies but he's always maintained free of all such allegations.

I'm not trying to portray him as some angel or praising him for not committing a crime but the truth is, I'm sure he's had man opportunities and offers from bookies because he's obviously been a very good player in the last PSL and even BPL but the fact that he was mature enough to deny all offers is commendable.

Compared to Shehzad, Sharjeel comes from a financially secure background yet he was not able to control himself while Shehzad was someone who lived off a shoestring until a few years ago.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    There is nothing to appreciate, this is what he is supposed to do.

Perhaps I also deserve appreciation for not murdering someone or stealing my neighbor's car.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What kind of a pointless thread is this?

Every sports player is supposed to be honest. It's not just the borefest, blockathon Shehzad -- every player like Umar Akmal, Misbah, Wahab, Azhar Ali, Hasan Ali etc etc haven't been involved with anything.

Shehzad never had the ability to affect any match's outcome either - so he's not someone who would be a magnet for these people.

They target those who are skilled and top performers.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He got taken under the umbrella of Shahid Afridi pretty early in his career, so its not surprising at all.

He has the same Afridi ego, but maybe took some good values too.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, to me he is a well mannered, level headed young man, don;t know why some people try to portray him as someone with serious mental issues. To me he is a captaincy material, only if he stabilizes his own position in the team with consistent performance.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    856 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Mods please shift this thread to the "You know things are bad when...." thread.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...s-are-Bad-When

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Perhaps I also deserve appreciation for not murdering someone or stealing my neighbor's car.
    Like I already said, it is what he is supposed to do but with players falling prey to bookies as soon as they get a little famous, Ahmed Shehzad staying away from all of this deserves a praise.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not supposed to get involved with bookmakers you complete imbecile. Do you think Shehzad deserves a trophy for this or something?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate a person for not being corrupt..?

Desperation reaching some real heights.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yes, let's salute players who are the norm in other countries.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    What kind of a pointless thread is this?

Every sports player is supposed to be honest. It's not just the borefest, blockathon Shehzad -- every player like Umar Akmal, Misbah, Wahab, Azhar Ali, Hasan Ali etc etc haven't been involved with anything.

Shehzad never had the ability to affect any match's outcome either - so he's not someone who would be a magnet for these people.

They target those who are skilled and top performers.
    Would disagree. Ahmed Shehzad was easily QG's best player last year and such players are what bookies are looking for. He was even very good in the BPL. So, him staying away from fixing and bookies despite being poor and not too well educated is most definitely commendable. Sharjeel is nowhere near as famous as what Shehzad still is.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen some very funny threads but this....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a stupid thread.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    He got taken under the umbrella of Shahid Afridi pretty early in his career, so its not surprising at all.

He has the same Afridi ego, but maybe took some good values too.
    Perhaps that is the case. Also, one thing I've noticed is you rarely see Pathans being involved in any sort of corruption in cricket. They have too much self-respect and respect for their profession.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So shehzad didnt attempt a suicide... thats funny

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Will never forget his this ihsaan on Pakistan cricket. We are indebted to him.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, let me make some things clear. I am in no way a fan of Ahmed Shehzad or advocating a return to the team but the fact is, with the way he's been in the limelight for the past couple of years, he was an obvious target for bookies and him having stayed away from this deserves a praise despite being poor. I don't want a trophy for him or a national prize but let's shed some light to a more positive side to him which we don't really find in most of our "semi" famous openers. E.g. Butt, Sharjeel, Latif, Saleem Malik, KAkaml even.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Mods please shift this thread to the "You know things are bad when...." thread.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...s-are-Bad-When
    LOL at this tho. But hey, its just my opinion with what's going on recently and how our "superstars" are falling prey to bookies.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous thread to be honest.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    With all this fixing saga going on and one player after another being mentioned of being involved with bookies, let's take a minute here to appreciate how Ahmed Shehzad has never been involved in such activities despite all his flaws.

He is one of the most famous players in Pakistan cricket. Among fans, among haters, obsessed cricket fans, occasional cricket fans and even the media. He would be a good target for bookies but he's always maintained free of all such allegations.

I'm not trying to portray him as some angel or praising him for not committing a crime but the truth is, I'm sure he's had man opportunities and offers from bookies because he's obviously been a very good player in the last PSL and even BPL but the fact that he was mature enough to deny all offers is commendable.

Compared to Shehzad, Sharjeel comes from a financially secure background yet he was not able to control himself while Shehzad was someone who lived off a shoestring until a few years ago.
    Yea, let's worship Shehzad for it. I mean he did the world of cricket such a favor by not indulging in shady activities. The entire cricketing fraternity should remain eternally grateful to him for his wonderful sacrifice and his good character.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Appreciate players for doing what they are supposed to do and following rules they are supposed to follow.

A new low for Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yea, let's worship Shehzad for it. I mean he did the world of cricket such a favor by not indulging in shady activities. The entire cricketing fraternity should remain eternally grateful to him for his wonderful sacrifice and his good character.
    Please refer to post #18 for your reply.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    499 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mods please delete thread.

So ahmed shezad is doing an ehsaan on us for not fixing?

This thread is ridiculous so you have to be appreciated for bot doing somethibg wrong.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This thread is right there with a guy making a thread about how his cousins wanted to register for Pakpassion..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But that's expected of him.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please refer to post #18 for your reply.
    So he deserves appreciation for not indulging in any match fixing?

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    So he deserves appreciation for not indulging in any match fixing?
    With most of our "superstars" getting involved in corruption after just little time in the fame, yes, he does. Also, I think he gets a lot of hate for his personality and what not anyway and this just proof to the fact that everyone's loved Sharjeel who we all least expected it from is in fact the fixer.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Like I already said, it is what he is supposed to do but with players falling prey to bookies as soon as they get a little famous, Ahmed Shehzad staying away from all of this deserves a praise.
    No he doesn't.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No he doesn't.
    Difference of opinion then.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What a pointless thread! Why not a thread about misbah or afridi or any other joe who has not been influenced by bookies?

Since when do we have to celebrate a player who isn't cheating? It's a given that you can't cheat!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Getting praised isn't as important as some make it out to be.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Getting praised isn't as important as some make it out to be.
    I don't know if you're saying this in favour of what I said or not but I cannot agree more. I'm not asking for a trophy or a national award, just a praise and no matter how silly it sounds, given the situation in Pakistan cricket, especially with players like him, he deserves it.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know if you're saying this in favour of what I said or not but I cannot agree more. I'm not asking for a trophy or a national award, just a praise and no matter how silly it sounds, given the situation in Pakistan cricket, especially with players like him, he deserves it.
    You're trying to create a something out of thin air.

There is no lever, stop trying to pull it.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    LOL at this tho. But hey, its just my opinion with what's going on recently and how our "superstars" are falling prey to bookies.
    I respect your opinion, but then you should've included players who are much more influential in match outcomes and have more importance like Misbah and Afridi.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Difference of opinion then.
    Which I respect.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I respect your opinion, but then you should've included players who are much more influential in match outcomes and have more importance like Misbah and Afridi.
    Yes agreed. The thing is however, like most people have already mentioned on other threads, bookies have mostly targeted players who have shot to some sort of fame and are in the limelight. The only thing I'm trying to say here is that Ahmed Shehzad was seriously famous in Pakistan and still is but he never got carried away with any of this.

Another reason why I want Shehzad to be appreciated is because mostly, Sharjeel is looked up to as the down to earth guy and Irfan as the gentle giant while Shehzad (even among his fans) as some arrogant, sketchy guy and now it has been proven that it is not the case.

Why I didn't include Misbah or Afridi is because Afridi was never looked up to as some arrogant guy and everyone always knew that he wouldn't do such a thing despite his flaws while Misbah was never as much in the limelight for positive reasons. However, I agree with your opinion and maybe they could have been included too.

Hope this make things clear.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Let's cut a cake.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Why specifically Shehzad?

Pointless thread.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should we get 16 mediorce players in the Squad just bcause they didn't cheat? Honesty ad Truthfulness is the default behavaior which should be expected and not celebrated as something extraordinary.

Shehzad is behind the curve in terms of Playing ability and we shouldn't induct players into the team based on Good Hair or number of female followers etc.

When will people of Pakistan learn that you need to select based on performance and not on pedigree or looks or fans.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    N/A
    Runs
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hahahaha this thread....

Can I get some appreciation as well. I've never robbed anyone!

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Exactly
    I take a moment to appreciate your comments

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whilst I am a big supporter of Shehzad - this is nothing to be proud of.

That is his expectation and duty to remain corrupt free.

I would appreciate him more when he performs to a high standard and scores runs.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJames View Post
    Should we get 16 mediorce players in the Squad just bcause they didn't cheat? Honesty ad Truthfulness is the default behavaior which should be expected and not celebrated as something extraordinary.

Shehzad is behind the curve in terms of Playing ability and we shouldn't induct players into the team based on Good Hair or number of female followers etc.

When will people of Pakistan learn that you need to select based on performance and not on pedigree or looks or fans.
    Please refer to post #18. I don't want him back in the team.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kaise din agaye hain

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    For those who think this thread is pointless,

It actually is kind of a surprise that players like Shahzad and U.Akmal weren't part of such activities.

when the names were revealed, I personally felt thanked to these two because they despite of being so shashkay walaa people, have never been found guilty.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qaiser View Post
    lol Exactly
    I take a moment to appreciate your comments
    Thanks sir.

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good thread, let's open also a thread for;

Umar Akmal, Misbah, Younis, Sami, Ajmal, Sami Aslam, Hassan Ali, Malik, Azhar, Asad .... and 200+ more...

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    For those who think this thread is pointless,

It actually is kind of a surprise that players like Shahzad and U.Akmal weren't part of such activities.

when the names were revealed, I personally felt thanked to these two because they despite of being so shashkay walaa people, have never been found guilty.
    Exactly what I've been trying to say the entire time.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a silly thread. Can I get some appreciation I've never stolen from my employer!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thread should be titled.

Looks can be deceiving.

End of.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what we usually read about spot fixing when it comes to batsmen, usually bookies pay good money for dot balls or slogs 4/6 ...since it is shehzad's natural game anyways maybe bookies feel there is no point.

Maybe we need to appreciate the bookies for leaving shehzad alone and not corrupting him.

Think about it

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    no.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree wonderful player. Deserves an Oscar. Good thread OP.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

seriously 😂
    what a lame thread
    if we go by that logic than every cricketer should be applauded for not involving in these stuff.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha thank you for the good laugh in these sad times!

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This should seal him a Spirit of Cricket award.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe even the bookies might have found his demands overrated and undeserving

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol brilliant.

This is a terrible thread.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The cricket enthusiast View Post
    seriously ��
    what a lame thread
    if we go by that logic than every cricketer should be applauded for not involving in these stuff.
    If you want to make such comments then at least read the thread properly. The only reason I'm naming Shehzad is because mostly he would be most expected by PP experts to be one such involved in these activities and not Sharjeel, who we all hold to be very pious.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Houston, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to make such comments then at least read the thread properly. The only reason I'm naming Shehzad is because mostly he would be most expected by PP experts to be one such involved in these activities and not Sharjeel, who we all hold to be very pious.
    Don't you get it? We expect NONE of them to be involved in such activites.

Greatness is a choice. Mediocrity is a disease.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amidst all the drama and disappointment, this thread brings a smile on the face. Thanks OP.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would also like to take a moment to appreciate Shehzad on his fantastic English, and his handsome looks!

A true legend no doubt

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2058 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Shehzad's natural 100% committed game does high dot ball % spot fixing better than he ever could if he tried.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4410 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    See where the OP is coming from and to be fair in this day and age it's seems like a big deal for a Pakistani cricketer if he isn't greedy or treachourous, however it's something which you're expected to be; a man of integrity. Also, you can't trust anyone; what would be your reaction if shehzad god forbid indulges in corrupt practices....you just never know, anyone is capable of going to the dark side

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ExpressPacer are you gonna make a thread for Sarfaraz? He is a bigger name than Shahzad, why no praise for him?. Also where is the apperication for the likes of Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq and co? Just curious to why you singled Shahzad out but not the other guys?

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Discipline and dishonesty are two different things. Please don't make judgement like this. In our subcontinent society we label an ill disciplined person as "bad person" and when something "bad" happens such as fixing, we assume that the "bad person" is involved. Wrong expectation brother.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    dude being naughty is one thing and being involve in fixing is another..
    i expect lala, shoaib akhtar to be naughty but im damn sure about their loyalty to their nation.
    as far as shehzad is concerned he is wanna be lala who want attention all the time..
    thats why i guess he try to create controversy from nothing.. like that of wahab incident is psl1.
    and we dont expect any cricketer to be involve in fixing.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shehzad is a nobody when you compare him with guys like misbah, afridi and akhtar. So yeah if you want to appreciate some players then please start with Misbah, Afridi, Akhtar and Younis Khan first.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What nonsense - no player should be expected to be involved in fixing!

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lets take a moment to appreciate EVERY player that does not get involved in such activities.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Appreciate players for doing what they are supposed to do and following rules they are supposed to follow.

A new low for Pakistan cricket.
    Isn't that why we appreciate Misbah , Azhar and co... ???

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Quetta, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now i got it. razzaq was right when he said that "shahzad is more talented then tandulker"

I and thousand of other people were thinking on which basis razzaq said it.

Now i have a strong reason . AND sure sahzad is batter then tandulker . Yes i know tandulker was not involved in match fixing but pakistan has many stories about match fixing so shahzad has to work harder to make himself clean .

So sahzaad is batter then tandulker . And we have a strong reason here . Thank you op you solved myth which was created by razzaq.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't put this past Shehzad. You could see a tweet coming from him along these lines where he compares how among previous Pakistani openers like Butt and Sharjeel, he is not corrupt.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shehzad deserve a comeback on the WI tour in ODIs, he was the best batsman of the last 2 domestic ODI cups combined, Umar Akmal and Shafiq don't deserve a spot in the ODI squad, gotta replace them with Shehzad and Fakhar

Debut
    Aug 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Coming soon ...lets appreciate xyz for spot fixing in a domestic t20 league & not in an intl match. OR lets appreciate xyz for fixing a jam odi & not the world cup.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I'd rather appreciate guys who have no controversies at all under their name.

And the standards seem to have fallen a lot if this is how players are praised.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post should have closed this ridiculous thread.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    477 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
    Shehzad deserve a comeback on the WI tour in ODIs, he was the best batsman of the last 2 domestic ODI cups combined, Umar Akmal and Shafiq don't deserve a spot in the ODI squad, gotta replace them with Shehzad and Fakhar
    Replace Umar with Fakhar? Clueless. Shehzad and fakhar are both rubbish. Would much rather have Umar open

"Our business is our business. None of your business" - Race 3

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL at some of these comments honestly. First of all, I don't even want him in the team. Secondly, if you don't consider this something that deserves a praise, I respect your opinion. Move on. Some people can think otherwise.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why dont Indians,Aussies or other players spot fix ? Intikhab Alam was right about our players when he called our players duffers and have no common sense.