Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 141 of 141
  1. #81
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    11,874
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If he's found guilty, he should be banned for life

  2. #82
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    2,260
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i'm not wrong, big Nas was also involved in fixing in BPL, but they never took action against him.Such a repeated offender should be banned for life.

  3. #83
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    4,126
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprised, his career is pretty much over and probably thinks this is an easy way to make some $.

  4. #84
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,145
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So few hours to think about it? Or many days?
    Personally i think a few hours is enough to think and analyze the situation, weighing all the pros and cons. Couple this with the fact that as pro cricketers they know they have to report such things immediately so a sense of urgency should be there. I know emotional aspect comes in to play if its a friend you have to report but you always know what you'll get if you go down that road and try to save him or even delay the reporting unnecessarily.
    Do the players know that it is mandatory to report a bookie? Maybe they just decided to forget about the whole situation and not tell anyone.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  5. #85
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,517
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Give him a life ban. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

  6. #86
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    14,890
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Not surprised, his career is pretty much over and probably thinks this is an easy way to make some $.
    but gambling is haram in Islam and I think it is specifically prohibited in Quran

  7. #87
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    12,147
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    but gambling is haram in Islam and I think it is specifically prohibited in Quran
    What's that got to do with anything? Since when has a religious belief stopped anyone from doing what they do?

    They all think it's okay until they grow a beard and visit religious establishments.


    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

  8. #88
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,464
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Come on, you can't ban latif for this..... He clearly rejected and told nasir to not make him meet these kind of people... A fine should be enough !!!!
    Latif convince Sharjeel to meet the ****, who presumably was a fixer too, like the first guy they met. Why he was in touch with NJ after first fixture contact?? - Don't they know there phones will be in question if investigate?? - But its more than passing reference or passive involvement...

    Are these the exact What's App messages Or there is more to it? - Is this all they got or they have evidence of Sharjeel getting money from ****?? - Did Sharjeel Agreed to play dot balls on What's App?? - They did not say that... From this report, still not clear about the depth and breath of evidence? - Did they caught conspiring or caught fixing? - level of punishment would be based on that...

    Either way, it does not look good, looks like life ban for Sharjeel.... Whatever ban Latif or NJ get, does not matter from Pakistan perspective, they both were not international level anyway... Damage is done for the national team, we are going back another 5 years(we were already sitting in 2005), after this fixing scandal and Lahore bombing


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  9. #89
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,464
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    but gambling is haram in Islam and I think it is specifically prohibited in Quran
    First of all fixing is not gambling, its even worse... Gambling is legal in many western countries, which is good thing, it takes fixers out of the market...Asian countries don't do that, that's why so many fixing issues arise from asia...

    BTW: Gambling is something very natural to human beings, we all do it, we all take risk at some level and degree, there is nothing wrong with that... Fixing a bet, is not fair gambling, that's why it is bad, actually its bad for gambling business too, as a gambler you cannot trust if bets or real or fixed...Cricket gambling is much smaller compare to other sports, where it is more of a fair play, but money is still not that much to buy top players, so you cannot really fix, plus legal Casios have much more at stake to fix matches in major sports...


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  10. #90
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common! They can't ban them for this evidence only ! The only culprit I see in this evidence is jammy! Fine them both! Moreover if this really is all the evidence against them this shouldn't have been made public! Atleast till the official verdict! Pcb handling things poorly as always!

  11. #91
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    1,353
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the whatsapp are authentic they said first meeting was the 8th latif refused, after that the second was the 9th don't know if evening or morning.
    I think it should be evening they shouldn't have had much time with team training,psl opening ceremony and match.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,284
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Now you tell me, lets say they rejected the last offer, should sharjeel and latif be banned for this ???????
    yes . as u HAVE TO REPORT ANY SUCH APPROACHES.
    and they didnt report


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  13. #93
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    66,198
    Mentioned
    1261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    What a sad state of affairs.

    One of Pakistan's finest prospects not so long ago and now his whole career in doubt.

    What a fall from grace.



  14. #94
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    4,284
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What a sad state of affairs.

    One of Pakistan's finest prospects not so long ago and now his whole career in doubt.

    What a fall from grace.
    absolutely though i have long forgotten about him.
    at start of his career he was equally proficient at the pull and the drive and the cut.


    If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

  15. #95
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,464
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    yes . as u HAVE TO REPORT ANY SUCH APPROACHES.
    and they didnt report
    This is not sufficient evidence to ban player for life or make a hop halla about it in the media, there got to be more evidence than that....

    Also, they are talking about these what's app messages on Feb 8th and 9th (that's match day). If Latif got very first what's App msg(about fan) on 9th, how much time there is left to convince Sharjeel, then he agrees, and actually got the money from the bookies, there has to more trust and meetings (than hour or so) before you throw your entire career...Sharjeel he making these decisions as fast as his innings, I guess

    2M Rs for every dot ball, how many per match?? - Terms of betting seems to be vague as well... Whole story in media is like everything else in Pakistan, sketchy and half baked, it will not surprise me if PCB had splashed this news on just couple of what's App messages, if that is all they got, they not only screw up Sharjeel but more than that, themselves, PSL is tarnished more than Sharjeel's Career
    Last edited by SL_Fan; 14th February 2017 at 07:57.


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  16. #96
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,196
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mmmm back in 2012....

    Cricket Australia anti-corruption unit is keeping a close eye on the recent spot-fixing allegations on Pakistani cricketer Rana Naved and Nasir Jamshed.



    Both the cricketers were drawn in a corruption scandal after a Pakistani businessman Sajid Khan was arrested during the Bangladesh Premier League.



    The personal details of both the cricketers were found in Khan’s mobile phone. According to a report in The Australian the businessman has confessed to being involved in spot-fixing, the two cricketers have flown back to Pakistan to claim innocence.
    http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/r...egations-12152

  17. #97
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    This is not sufficient evidence to ban player for life or make a hop halla about it in the media, there got to be more evidence than that....

    Also, they are talking about these what's app messages on Feb 8th and 9th (that's match day). If Latif got very first what's App msg(about fan) on 9th, how much time there is left to convince Sharjeel, then he agrees, and actually got the money from the bookies, there has to more trust and meetings (than hour or so) before you throw your entire career...Sharjeel he making these decisions as fast as his innings, I guess

    2M Rs for every dot ball, how many per match?? - Terms of betting seems to be vague as well... Whole story in media is like everything else in Pakistan, sketchy and half baked, it will not surprise me if PCB had splashed this news on just couple of what's App messages, if that is all they got, they not only screw up Sharjeel but more than that, themselves, PSL is tarnished more than Sharjeel's Career
    @yasir I honestly think both the duo hasn't committed any fixing. Also as per reports NJ asked Latif to meet Yousuf and after meeting, Latif told NJ to avoid getting him meet such person (Ainda aise bande se maat milwana), Why would they accept to fix later on then? As I have said in my earlier posts this all story is too much to be true, PCB has called it's solid evidence on the basis that they met the guy and is now investigating the situation. LOL, Also I think Khalid may not have reported earlier as NJ and him both are NBP team mates and possibly friends, Shehryar Khan has said M Irfan will also be suspended in a day or two, This is really shocking news and sort of unbelievable, All players which are involved have no controversial past, sophisticated image and the scenario which has been created has been ridiculous. Also as you pointed how come Sharjeel without even thinking (Even about the offer or anything) go onto fix in such a rush particularly considering both the players met someone for first time or second that too by reference of NJ.
    Last edited by SL_Fan; 14th February 2017 at 07:57.

  18. #98
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    24,764
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These players aren't children, they know failure to report a meeting with anyone asking them to fix is a serious offence.

    However I do understand why anyone wouldn't want to get a friend in trouble (NJ) but you have to think of your own future.

    The PCB will come down very heavy on these two even though the offence isn't a long term ban.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  19. #99
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,412
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think there is still loads to come out and some of which may garner sympathy for the accused players for being put in incredibly difficult positions by friends. A proper investigation needs to be held, which cant be anyone from the incompetent and dishonest PCB. Nothing should be covered up, however painful because as we know from the 90's it only leads to more pain and embarrassment down the line.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    99
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Same here. And deep inside I hope he doesn't face a ban. We desperately need that guy
    This is same pathetic attitude as it was with amir. What's the excuse this time? Yeh bhi doodh peeta bacha hai?

  21. #101
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's obvious Latif sent that text as a cover up otherwise why would he tag Sharjeel to meet again with Jamshed and the bookie? Seems pretty convenient not to delete that defensive text..

  22. #102
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    5,236
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    What a sad state of affairs.

    One of Pakistan's finest prospects not so long ago and now his whole career in doubt.

    What a fall from grace.
    I feel like it was a gradual decline rather than an abrupt fall.

    Had a great Aane Do series but was unfairly dropped affter struggling in SAF. Got a chance on green wickets in the CT but was dropped soon again despite making a 50 vs WI.

    He was dropped for a very long time afterwards and he only really played int he BPL during that period from what I know. Got a chance in 2015 WC but appeared completely out of sorts.

    I feel like he probably just gave up after the disastrous WC and not being selected in the PSL was the final nail in the coffin. Probably just thought he could make a few bucks off cash through the back alley as his national team prospects were quite dim right now.

  23. #103
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    17,619
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Its always a vicious cycle isn't it. If Asif hadn't been pardoned a third time, most probably Amir would not have been dragged into fixing without a senior bowler by his side. If Nasir Jamshed had been taken care of in 2012, he wouldn't have a chance to drag Sharjeel and Latif today. Now people want Sharjeel pardoned


    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

  24. #104
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,653
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I feel like it was a gradual decline rather than an abrupt fall.

    Had a great Aane Do series but was unfairly dropped affter struggling in SAF. Got a chance on green wickets in the CT but was dropped soon again despite making a 50 vs WI.

    He was dropped for a very long time afterwards and he only really played int he BPL during that period from what I know. Got a chance in 2015 WC but appeared completely out of sorts.

    I feel like he probably just gave up after the disastrous WC and not being selected in the PSL was the final nail in the coffin. Probably just thought he could make a few bucks off cash through the back alley as his national team prospects were quite dim right now.
    But allegations go back to 2012....

  25. #105
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,067
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Its always a vicious cycle isn't it. If Asif hadn't been pardoned a third time, most probably Amir would not have been dragged into fixing without a senior bowler by his side. If Nasir Jamshed had been taken care of in 2012, he wouldn't have a chance to drag Sharjeel and Latif today. Now people want Sharjeel pardoned
    What irks me is not that people want Sharjeel pardoned.

    If you want to forgive a crook all the time, you are probably a crook yourself and that's fair enough in that case.

    What bothers me is the outright hypocrisy.

    Now can the same people say with a straight face that if instead of Sharjeel it was Rafatullah Mohmand or Anwar Ali who's career was on the line, they would have asked just as vehemently for pardon?

    Clearly not.

    That just tells me people are just playing this emotionally because they are desperate to see Sharjeel in action.

    And whenever PCB has made emotional decisions it has come to bite them in the back.

    If Sharjeel is found guilty, I just hope PCB has the sense not to give in to fans demands and fast track Sharjeel to redemption.

    If they do, I fear for Pakistani cricket.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  26. #106
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Khalid and Sharjeel have actually rejected the offer, and possess nothing extravagant in bank accounts, they should be declared clean. It was stupid to send them without coming to a close to the investigation.

    Jamshed should be really ashamed of himself, if this is true.

  27. #107
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    12,124
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    "Nasir Jamshed will be punished if he doesn't cooperate with us" : Shahryar Khan

    Karachi: Pakistan batsman Nasir Jamshed will be punished in absentia under the Pakistan Cricket Board's anti-corruption code of conduct if he does not cooperate with the spot-fixing inquiry into the Pakistan Super League.

    PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan on Saturday said that Nasir has been avoiding the PCB's anti-corruption officials and lawyers.

    "If he does not cooperate with us then he will be punished as per rule under the anti-corruption code even if he does not come to Pakistan," Khan said.

    "He is seen as a central figure in the fixing investigations by our experts and they want to go to London and interview him but so far he has avoided contacts and has kept on changing his phone numbers and addresses," the PCB chief added.

    The Pakistani batsman is currently residing in the United Kingdom and was also questioned by the UK's crime investigation agency but released on bail.

    However, his passport has not been returned to him yet.

    Khan admitted that the PCB did not require Nasir to immediately come to Lahore but said he had been avoiding a meeting in the UK as well.

    "Unfortunately in Pakistan fixing of any sort is not a criminal offence and we have requested the interior ministry to look into this and try to legislate laws which will make it a criminal offence which can be investigated by the law enforcement agencies," Khan said.

    He pointed out that in the UK, fixing of any sort in sports is a criminal offence and the PCB is fully cooperating with the UK crime investigation agency in the PSL spot-fixing case.

    "Nasir is also facing investigation from them," he added.

    The left-handed opener is suspected of being the link between bookmakers and Pakistani players including Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and Shahzaib Hasan – all of whom are now suspended under the PCB's code.

    Sharjeel and Khalid will have their case heard by a three-member tribunal of the board, which has asked the PCB lawyers to submit all evidence against the two players by 14 April after they were sent back from Dubai during the PSL.

    http://www.firstpost.com/sports/****...b-3375116.html


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  28. #108
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    874
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Karachi: Pakistan batsman Nasir Jamshed will be punished in absentia under the Pakistan Cricket Board's anti-corruption code of conduct if he does not cooperate with the spot-fixing inquiry into the Pakistan Super League.

    PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan on Saturday said that Nasir has been avoiding the PCB's anti-corruption officials and lawyers.

    "If he does not cooperate with us then he will be punished as per rule under the anti-corruption code even if he does not come to Pakistan," Khan said.

    "He is seen as a central figure in the fixing investigations by our experts and they want to go to London and interview him but so far he has avoided contacts and has kept on changing his phone numbers and addresses," the PCB chief added.

    The Pakistani batsman is currently residing in the United Kingdom and was also questioned by the UK's crime investigation agency but released on bail.

    However, his passport has not been returned to him yet.

    Khan admitted that the PCB did not require Nasir to immediately come to Lahore but said he had been avoiding a meeting in the UK as well.

    "Unfortunately in Pakistan fixing of any sort is not a criminal offence and we have requested the interior ministry to look into this and try to legislate laws which will make it a criminal offence which can be investigated by the law enforcement agencies," Khan said.

    He pointed out that in the UK, fixing of any sort in sports is a criminal offence and the PCB is fully cooperating with the UK crime investigation agency in the PSL spot-fixing case.

    "Nasir is also facing investigation from them," he added.

    The left-handed opener is suspected of being the link between bookmakers and Pakistani players including Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and Shahzaib Hasan – all of whom are now suspended under the PCB's code.

    Sharjeel and Khalid will have their case heard by a three-member tribunal of the board, which has asked the PCB lawyers to submit all evidence against the two players by 14 April after they were sent back from Dubai during the PSL.

    http://www.firstpost.com/sports/****...b-3375116.html
    Pcb getting desperate can't find enough evidence nasir wont co-operate and poor pcb can't do anything about it.
    if these accused of fixing act smart they can easily get away with it as hey have no concrete evidence.
    pity on helpless Pcb.


    To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

  29. #109
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,556
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1392438...ption-charges/

    Cricketer Nasir Jamshed, via his legal attorney, has submitted his reply to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) against match-fixing allegations levelled against him, per Express News.

    The 27-year-old batsman, who is currently serving a suspension for his alleged involvement in facilitating the infamous corruption scandal of the Pakistan Super League season 2, has decided to fight the charges.

    Jamshed has told informed the PCB of his decision but has asked the board to wait till the investigations in Britain, of which he is a part, get concluded. He has requested the board to launch their own investigations thereafter.

    Back in February, Jamshed was arrested by Britain’s National Crime Agency (NCA) alongside a bookie named Yousuf before being released on bail but with the promise of reporting back for investigation in April.

    Jamshed is accused of referring Islamabad duo Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif to the said bookie Yousuf.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  30. #110
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamshed too has decided to fight the case?

  31. #111
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed is also Butt and Kashmiri ? Iss k liye bhee JIT tayaar hai nawaasi k in laws rishtaydaaroun se Clean Chit lenay k liye ?
    @Syed1


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  32. #112
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Nasir Jamshed is also Butt and Kashmiri ? Iss k liye bhee JIT tayaar hai nawaasi k in laws rishtaydaaroun se Clean Chit lenay k liye ?
    @Syed1
    All his defence needs to say is Sir jee Mera client to naam see hi bhola hai.

  33. #113
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,556
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed has challenged the alleged spot-fixing charges framed against him by Cricket Board (PCB).

    Nasir has also asked the PCB to keep him out of any investigation until the UK's crime investigation agency concludes its inquiry against him.

    "Basically Nasir has informed the Board through a legal response that he will be contesting the charges laid out against him in the notice sent to him earlier," a source in the PCB said.

    Nasir, who is in the eye of a storm over the spot-fixing scandal in the Pakistan Super League, has not been available for questioning to PCB officials as he resides in the UK.

    Nasir, who is also being questioned by the UK's national crime agency, has been allowed to extend his bail to June 21 in London.

    The PCB claims that Nasir has avoided meeting their anti-corruption unit officials and lawyers in connection with the ongoing investigations into the PSL spot-fixing scandal.

    The PCB has suspended five Pakistani cricketers including Nasir under its anti-corruption code for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in the PSL.

    Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Irfan and Shahzaib Hasan are the other four players. Left-arm pacer Irfan has already been banned for 12-months after admitting to not reporting approaches made to him by spot-fixers in the past.

    Nasir, a left-handed opener, who once scored three successive hundreds against India in ODIs, has also assured the PCB of his full cooperation in a recent video message.

    Sharjeel, Khalid, and Shahzaib have also in their replies to the PCB challenged the several breaches of the anti- corruption code attributed to them in their notices.

    http://zeenews.india.com/cricket/nas...d-1999147.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th April 2017 at 08:25.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  34. #114
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,978
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was he doing till now if he is really innocent? Any innocent player being framed for corruption that too by his country's board would have broken all hell lose by now. Pathetic phoney drama.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  35. #115
    Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    8,664
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PRESS RELEASE FROM ANTI CORRUPTION TRIBUNAL

    Lahore May 12, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:

    1. Jus. ® Asghar Haider (Chairman)

    2. Lt. Gen. ® Tauqir Zia (Member)

    3. Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)

    4. Mr. Hassan Iqbal, Advocate for Nasir Jamshaid

    5. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi and Haider Ali Khan Advocates for PCB

    6. Mr. Salman Naseer, GM Legal Affairs PCB

    7. Col. ® Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department


    PCB’s counsel read out the charges leveled by PCB against Mr. Nasir Jamshaid namely, Articles 2.4.6; and 2.4.7 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants 2015.

    The Tribunal in consultation and with concurrence of both parties agreed upon the procedure and timelines to be adopted under the Anti-Corruption Code. PCB shall submit its opening brief detailing its claims along with the evidence to be relied on by 26th May 2017.

    Nasir Jamshaid shall be provided an opportunity to respond by filing an Answering Brief on 9th June 2017 and PCB may, at its discretion, file a Reply Brief on 14th June 2017. The Final Hearing shall commence from 30h June 2017 on a day to day basis.

    Since under the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code the proceedings are meant to be kept confidential, no comments will be made by any party or the Tribunal on the merits of the case.

  36. #116
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    7,923
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quotes from Nasir Jamshed's video message.

    "PCB is being unfair to me by calling players in and pressurizing them to make statements against me."

    "Instead of maligning me I challenge PCB to offer proof against me"

    "I have spoken to my lawyer and we will challenge pcb and take them to court"


    " Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

  37. #117
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    23,817
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    Quotes from Nasir Jamshed's video message.

    "PCB is being unfair to me by calling players in and pressurizing them to make statements against me."

    "Instead of maligning me I challenge PCB to offer proof against me"

    "I have spoken to my lawyer and we will challenge pcb and take them to court"
    He must have gotten heart from the fact that the likes of Sharjeel and Khalid Latif are still fighting on and stalling things and he now has the confidence that if he stalls the PCB and brings the courts into this, even he will end up getting sympathy in the media and the hue, cry over the whole affair will dissipate. The PCB should have been aggressive and ruthless in its prosecution from day one rather than allowing the players in question time to concoct stories, conspiracy theories and to find legal loopholes.

  38. #118
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would PCB do that?

  39. #119
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Why would PCB do that?

    Waiting for Justice like Asif,Amir & Salman to prevail.

    ICC ACCU might even get into Irfan & Nawaz's verdicts. Yeah they should if justice was subverted.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  40. #120
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk

    Nawaz got away big time. Umar Amin was presented as witness by PCB today.

  41. #121
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    @TalentSpotterPk

    Nawaz got away big time. Umar Amin was presented as witness by PCB today.

    Witness against whom ?

    Shahzaib wasn't whistle blower ? Blue Eyed Amin was the whistle blower ?


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  42. #122
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Witness against whom ?

    Shahzaib wasn't whistle blower ? Blue Eyed Amin was the whistle blower ?
    Sharjeel's lawyer said yesterday that Amin reported to the PCB about same bookie approaches after 48 hours, which helps improve Sharjee;'s case.

    Not sure if he was the whistle-blower or someone else

  43. #123
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    Sharjeel's lawyer said yesterday that Amin reported to the PCB about same bookie approaches after 48 hours, which helps improve Sharjee;'s case.

    Not sure if he was the whistle-blower or someone else

    48 hours after news regarding Sharjeel & Khalid broke on the media ?

    Or 48 hours after PCB & ICC came to know about Sharjeel & Khalid being approached before PSL first match ?


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  44. #124
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    48 hours after news regarding Sharjeel & Khalid broke on the media ?

    Or 48 hours after PCB & ICC came to know about Sharjeel & Khalid being approached before PSL first match ?
    Does it really matters? He is now a PCB Witness over reporting an approach.

  45. #125
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    48 hours after news regarding Sharjeel & Khalid broke on the media ?

    Or 48 hours after PCB & ICC came to know about Sharjeel & Khalid being approached before PSL first match ?
    Post 68 here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...okie-Lawyer-59

    "Umar Amin in his testimony also informed that he was also offered to fix by the same alleged bookie, and he reported that to PCB after 48 hours... this has helped our case"

  46. #126
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    Post 68 here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...okie-Lawyer-59

    "Umar Amin in his testimony also informed that he was also offered to fix by the same alleged bookie, and he reported that to PCB after 48 hours... this has helped our case"

    That offer was made few days before PSL begun ?

    Did Umar Amin report the offer before the PSL match one started ? If not that he would be in trouble aswell.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  47. #127
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Does it really matters? He is now a PCB Witness over reporting an approach.
    So Amin is safe ? Well played Amin


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  48. #128
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    So Amin is safe ? Well played Amin
    Yes because he reported.

  49. #129
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you trying to say? Please say openly. @TalentSpotterPk

  50. #130
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,196
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nasir is going to play the Kaneria card - he will say "look the British police and the CPS didn't take my case to court in the UK so how can you say I'm guilty". It's a rubbish argument given that the burden of proof for criminal cases is a lot higher than civil/sporting tribunals. There are loads of sporting cheats who never got charged criminally (e.g. Lance Armstrong, the IPL fixers etc).

  51. #131
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,325
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    So Amin is safe ? Well played Amin
    so good for amin and pakistan that he showed boldness and imandaari which is lacking in our pcb head and muhtaram ganja sharif....i have become a huge fan of umar amin after pak cup and this incident,,,,,i pray for him to get a proper chance in national team..

  52. #132
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,570
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the PCB can prove that neither latif nor sharjeel accepted the offers, i think they should be a little lenient with these two. We have no idea what kind of underworld **** might come after these guys and they may have refused to mention the approach simply out of fear.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  53. #133
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    What are you trying to say? Please say openly. @TalentSpotterPk
    Positive only if he reported on time.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  54. #134
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    23,817
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I believe i saw a photo of Nasir Jamshed at the Younis Khan tribute event, why on earth was he allowed there and so close to the team at a time when the entire PSL spot fixing investigation is going on? High of inefficiency and incompetence from the PCB

  55. #135
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    That offer was made few days before PSL begun ?

    Did Umar Amin report the offer before the PSL match one started ? If not that he would be in trouble aswell.
    Not sure. No such information was shared. Only that Umar Amin was offered to fix, which he reported after 48 hours in his own words, which Sharjeel's lawyer was glad about as it has helped Sharjeel's case (which would be true if Sharjeel is only guilty of not reporting)

  56. #136
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    Not sure. No such information was shared. Only that Umar Amin was offered to fix, which he reported after 48 hours in his own words, which Sharjeel's lawyer was glad about as it has helped Sharjeel's case (which would be true if Sharjeel is only guilty of not reporting)

    Thanks. I have read that there is a video aswell and the audio of that video is not established to be genuine as per forensic evidence. In that video Bookie, Khalid & Sharjeel are seen together.

    Even if Audio isn't established as genuine than as per law the video will be rejected overall.


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  57. #137
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    7,581
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    So Amin is safe ? Well played Amin
    More like 'Well left Amin'. He knew where his off stump was.


    Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

  58. #138
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    2,123
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    More like 'Well left Amin'. He knew where his off stump was.
    That is all class of a comment from Viru.

  59. #139
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    11,973
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    More like 'Well left Amin'. He knew where his off stump was.

    Classy Comment Brother


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  60. #140
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    80,556
    Mentioned
    1277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Excerpts from a letter by Nasir Jamshed's counsel Hassan Iqbal Warraich written to the chairman of PCB’s disciplinary panel:


    “My client challenges the impugned letter on the grounds that the impugned letter is not only harsh but is an oppressive step to the detrimental of fundamental rights of my client guaranteed in the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan"

    "The PCB, while, provisionally suspending my client has not only misused but also bulldozed the very intent of clause 4.7.1 of the PCB anti-corruption code, herein after referred to as the Code. As PCB can only exercise its power conferred by article 4.7.1 when the PCB has charged a participant for corruption or exceptional circumstances exist relevant to the participant or the integrity of sports is being undermined."

    The letter further read: "That in the present case my client has neither been charged for corruption nor there is any exceptional ground available with the PCB to suspend my client. As my client has no corruption charges, his provisional suspension cannot be justified in any manner whatsoever."

    “It is also pertinent to mention here that the impugned letter does not carry even a single ground justifying the suspension of my client"


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  61. #141
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    6,226
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, My client was only making bats

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •