If he's found guilty, he should be banned for life

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If i'm not wrong, big Nas was also involved in fixing in BPL, but they never took action against him.Such a repeated offender should be banned for life.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprised, his career is pretty much over and probably thinks this is an easy way to make some $.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    So few hours to think about it? Or many days?
    Personally i think a few hours is enough to think and analyze the situation, weighing all the pros and cons. Couple this with the fact that as pro cricketers they know they have to report such things immediately so a sense of urgency should be there. I know emotional aspect comes in to play if its a friend you have to report but you always know what you'll get if you go down that road and try to save him or even delay the reporting unnecessarily.
    Do the players know that it is mandatory to report a bookie? Maybe they just decided to forget about the whole situation and not tell anyone.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Give him a life ban. Once a cheat, always a cheat.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabo View Post
    Not surprised, his career is pretty much over and probably thinks this is an easy way to make some $.
    but gambling is haram in Islam and I think it is specifically prohibited in Quran

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    but gambling is haram in Islam and I think it is specifically prohibited in Quran
    What's that got to do with anything? Since when has a religious belief stopped anyone from doing what they do?

They all think it's okay until they grow a beard and visit religious establishments.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Come on, you can't ban latif for this..... He clearly rejected and told nasir to not make him meet these kind of people... A fine should be enough !!!!
    Latif convince Sharjeel to meet the ****, who presumably was a fixer too, like the first guy they met. Why he was in touch with NJ after first fixture contact?? - Don't they know there phones will be in question if investigate?? - But its more than passing reference or passive involvement...

Are these the exact What's App messages Or there is more to it? - Is this all they got or they have evidence of Sharjeel getting money from ****?? - Did Sharjeel Agreed to play dot balls on What's App?? - They did not say that... From this report, still not clear about the depth and breath of evidence? - Did they caught conspiring or caught fixing? - level of punishment would be based on that...

Either way, it does not look good, looks like life ban for Sharjeel.... Whatever ban Latif or NJ get, does not matter from Pakistan perspective, they both were not international level anyway... Damage is done for the national team, we are going back another 5 years(we were already sitting in 2005), after this fixing scandal and Lahore bombing

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    First of all fixing is not gambling, its even worse... Gambling is legal in many western countries, which is good thing, it takes fixers out of the market...Asian countries don't do that, that's why so many fixing issues arise from asia...

BTW: Gambling is something very natural to human beings, we all do it, we all take risk at some level and degree, there is nothing wrong with that... Fixing a bet, is not fair gambling, that's why it is bad, actually its bad for gambling business too, as a gambler you cannot trust if bets or real or fixed...Cricket gambling is much smaller compare to other sports, where it is more of a fair play, but money is still not that much to buy top players, so you cannot really fix, plus legal Casios have much more at stake to fix matches in major sports...

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common! They can't ban them for this evidence only ! The only culprit I see in this evidence is jammy! Fine them both! Moreover if this really is all the evidence against them this shouldn't have been made public! Atleast till the official verdict! Pcb handling things poorly as always!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the whatsapp are authentic they said first meeting was the 8th latif refused, after that the second was the 9th don't know if evening or morning.
    I think it should be evening they shouldn't have had much time with team training,psl opening ceremony and match.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mz123 View Post
    Now you tell me, lets say they rejected the last offer, should sharjeel and latif be banned for this ???????
    yes . as u HAVE TO REPORT ANY SUCH APPROACHES.
    and they didnt report

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1341 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    What a sad state of affairs.

One of Pakistan's finest prospects not so long ago and now his whole career in doubt.

What a fall from grace.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

One of Pakistan's finest prospects not so long ago and now his whole career in doubt.

What a fall from grace.
    absolutely though i have long forgotten about him.
    at start of his career he was equally proficient at the pull and the drive and the cut.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    yes . as u HAVE TO REPORT ANY SUCH APPROACHES.
    and they didnt report
    This is not sufficient evidence to ban player for life or make a hop halla about it in the media, there got to be more evidence than that....

Also, they are talking about these what's app messages on Feb 8th and 9th (that's match day). If Latif got very first what's App msg(about fan) on 9th, how much time there is left to convince Sharjeel, then he agrees, and actually got the money from the bookies, there has to more trust and meetings (than hour or so) before you throw your entire career...Sharjeel he making these decisions as fast as his innings, I guess

2M Rs for every dot ball, how many per match?? - Terms of betting seems to be vague as well... Whole story in media is like everything else in Pakistan, sketchy and half baked, it will not surprise me if PCB had splashed this news on just couple of what's App messages, if that is all they got, they not only screw up Sharjeel but more than that, themselves, PSL is tarnished more than Sharjeel's Career
    Last edited by SL_Fan; 14th February 2017 at 08:57.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mmmm back in 2012....

Cricket Australia anti-corruption unit is keeping a close eye on the recent spot-fixing allegations on Pakistani cricketer Rana Naved and Nasir Jamshed.

Both the cricketers were drawn in a corruption scandal after a Pakistani businessman Sajid Khan was arrested during the Bangladesh Premier League.

The personal details of both the cricketers were found in Khan’s mobile phone. According to a report in The Australian the businessman has confessed to being involved in spot-fixing, the two cricketers have flown back to Pakistan to claim innocence.
    http://www.cricketcountry.com/news/r...egations-12152

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    This is not sufficient evidence to ban player for life or make a hop halla about it in the media, there got to be more evidence than that....

Also, they are talking about these what's app messages on Feb 8th and 9th (that's match day). If Latif got very first what's App msg(about fan) on 9th, how much time there is left to convince Sharjeel, then he agrees, and actually got the money from the bookies, there has to more trust and meetings (than hour or so) before you throw your entire career...Sharjeel he making these decisions as fast as his innings, I guess

2M Rs for every dot ball, how many per match?? - Terms of betting seems to be vague as well... Whole story in media is like everything else in Pakistan, sketchy and half baked, it will not surprise me if PCB had splashed this news on just couple of what's App messages, if that is all they got, they not only screw up Sharjeel but more than that, themselves, PSL is tarnished more than Sharjeel's Career
    @yasir I honestly think both the duo hasn't committed any fixing. Also as per reports NJ asked Latif to meet Yousuf and after meeting, Latif told NJ to avoid getting him meet such person (Ainda aise bande se maat milwana), Why would they accept to fix later on then? As I have said in my earlier posts this all story is too much to be true, PCB has called it's solid evidence on the basis that they met the guy and is now investigating the situation. LOL, Also I think Khalid may not have reported earlier as NJ and him both are NBP team mates and possibly friends, Shehryar Khan has said M Irfan will also be suspended in a day or two, This is really shocking news and sort of unbelievable, All players which are involved have no controversial past, sophisticated image and the scenario which has been created has been ridiculous. Also as you pointed how come Sharjeel without even thinking (Even about the offer or anything) go onto fix in such a rush particularly considering both the players met someone for first time or second that too by reference of NJ.
    Last edited by SL_Fan; 14th February 2017 at 08:57.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These players aren't children, they know failure to report a meeting with anyone asking them to fix is a serious offence.

However I do understand why anyone wouldn't want to get a friend in trouble (NJ) but you have to think of your own future.

The PCB will come down very heavy on these two even though the offence isn't a long term ban.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think there is still loads to come out and some of which may garner sympathy for the accused players for being put in incredibly difficult positions by friends. A proper investigation needs to be held, which cant be anyone from the incompetent and dishonest PCB. Nothing should be covered up, however painful because as we know from the 90's it only leads to more pain and embarrassment down the line.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Same here. And deep inside I hope he doesn't face a ban. We desperately need that guy
    This is same pathetic attitude as it was with amir. What's the excuse this time? Yeh bhi doodh peeta bacha hai?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's obvious Latif sent that text as a cover up otherwise why would he tag Sharjeel to meet again with Jamshed and the bookie? Seems pretty convenient not to delete that defensive text..

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    Chicago, IL
    Runs
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post

What a fall from grace.
    I feel like it was a gradual decline rather than an abrupt fall.

Had a great Aane Do series but was unfairly dropped affter struggling in SAF. Got a chance on green wickets in the CT but was dropped soon again despite making a 50 vs WI.

He was dropped for a very long time afterwards and he only really played int he BPL during that period from what I know. Got a chance in 2015 WC but appeared completely out of sorts.

I feel like he probably just gave up after the disastrous WC and not being selected in the PSL was the final nail in the coffin. Probably just thought he could make a few bucks off cash through the back alley as his national team prospects were quite dim right now.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Its always a vicious cycle isn't it. If Asif hadn't been pardoned a third time, most probably Amir would not have been dragged into fixing without a senior bowler by his side. If Nasir Jamshed had been taken care of in 2012, he wouldn't have a chance to drag Sharjeel and Latif today. Now people want Sharjeel pardoned

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msb314 View Post
    I feel like it was a gradual decline rather than an abrupt fall.

Had a great Aane Do series but was unfairly dropped affter struggling in SAF. Got a chance on green wickets in the CT but was dropped soon again despite making a 50 vs WI.

He was dropped for a very long time afterwards and he only really played int he BPL during that period from what I know. Got a chance in 2015 WC but appeared completely out of sorts.

I feel like he probably just gave up after the disastrous WC and not being selected in the PSL was the final nail in the coffin. Probably just thought he could make a few bucks off cash through the back alley as his national team prospects were quite dim right now.
    But allegations go back to 2012....

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Its always a vicious cycle isn't it. If Asif hadn't been pardoned a third time, most probably Amir would not have been dragged into fixing without a senior bowler by his side. If Nasir Jamshed had been taken care of in 2012, he wouldn't have a chance to drag Sharjeel and Latif today. Now people want Sharjeel pardoned
    What irks me is not that people want Sharjeel pardoned.

If you want to forgive a crook all the time, you are probably a crook yourself and that's fair enough in that case.

What bothers me is the outright hypocrisy.

Now can the same people say with a straight face that if instead of Sharjeel it was Rafatullah Mohmand or Anwar Ali who's career was on the line, they would have asked just as vehemently for pardon?

Clearly not.

That just tells me people are just playing this emotionally because they are desperate to see Sharjeel in action.

And whenever PCB has made emotional decisions it has come to bite them in the back.

If Sharjeel is found guilty, I just hope PCB has the sense not to give in to fans demands and fast track Sharjeel to redemption.

If they do, I fear for Pakistani cricket.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Khalid and Sharjeel have actually rejected the offer, and possess nothing extravagant in bank accounts, they should be declared clean. It was stupid to send them without coming to a close to the investigation.

Jamshed should be really ashamed of himself, if this is true.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Nasir Jamshed will be punished if he doesn't cooperate with us" : Shahryar Khan

Karachi: Pakistan batsman Nasir Jamshed will be punished in absentia under the Pakistan Cricket Board's anti-corruption code of conduct if he does not cooperate with the spot-fixing inquiry into the Pakistan Super League.

PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan on Saturday said that Nasir has been avoiding the PCB's anti-corruption officials and lawyers.

"If he does not cooperate with us then he will be punished as per rule under the anti-corruption code even if he does not come to Pakistan," Khan said.

"He is seen as a central figure in the fixing investigations by our experts and they want to go to London and interview him but so far he has avoided contacts and has kept on changing his phone numbers and addresses," the PCB chief added.

The Pakistani batsman is currently residing in the United Kingdom and was also questioned by the UK's crime investigation agency but released on bail.

However, his passport has not been returned to him yet.

Khan admitted that the PCB did not require Nasir to immediately come to Lahore but said he had been avoiding a meeting in the UK as well.

"Unfortunately in Pakistan fixing of any sort is not a criminal offence and we have requested the interior ministry to look into this and try to legislate laws which will make it a criminal offence which can be investigated by the law enforcement agencies," Khan said.

He pointed out that in the UK, fixing of any sort in sports is a criminal offence and the PCB is fully cooperating with the UK crime investigation agency in the PSL spot-fixing case.

"Nasir is also facing investigation from them," he added.

The left-handed opener is suspected of being the link between bookmakers and Pakistani players including Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and Shahzaib Hasan – all of whom are now suspended under the PCB's code.

Sharjeel and Khalid will have their case heard by a three-member tribunal of the board, which has asked the PCB lawyers to submit all evidence against the two players by 14 April after they were sent back from Dubai during the PSL.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/****...b-3375116.html

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Karachi: Pakistan batsman Nasir Jamshed will be punished in absentia under the Pakistan Cricket Board's anti-corruption code of conduct if he does not cooperate with the spot-fixing inquiry into the Pakistan Super League.

PCB chairman Shaharyar Khan on Saturday said that Nasir has been avoiding the PCB's anti-corruption officials and lawyers.

"If he does not cooperate with us then he will be punished as per rule under the anti-corruption code even if he does not come to Pakistan," Khan said.

"He is seen as a central figure in the fixing investigations by our experts and they want to go to London and interview him but so far he has avoided contacts and has kept on changing his phone numbers and addresses," the PCB chief added.

The Pakistani batsman is currently residing in the United Kingdom and was also questioned by the UK's crime investigation agency but released on bail.

However, his passport has not been returned to him yet.

Khan admitted that the PCB did not require Nasir to immediately come to Lahore but said he had been avoiding a meeting in the UK as well.

"Unfortunately in Pakistan fixing of any sort is not a criminal offence and we have requested the interior ministry to look into this and try to legislate laws which will make it a criminal offence which can be investigated by the law enforcement agencies," Khan said.

He pointed out that in the UK, fixing of any sort in sports is a criminal offence and the PCB is fully cooperating with the UK crime investigation agency in the PSL spot-fixing case.

"Nasir is also facing investigation from them," he added.

The left-handed opener is suspected of being the link between bookmakers and Pakistani players including Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and Shahzaib Hasan – all of whom are now suspended under the PCB's code.

Sharjeel and Khalid will have their case heard by a three-member tribunal of the board, which has asked the PCB lawyers to submit all evidence against the two players by 14 April after they were sent back from Dubai during the PSL.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/****...b-3375116.html
    Pcb getting desperate can't find enough evidence nasir wont co-operate and poor pcb can't do anything about it.
    if these accused of fixing act smart they can easily get away with it as hey have no concrete evidence.
    pity on helpless Pcb.

To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1392438...ption-charges/

Cricketer Nasir Jamshed, via his legal attorney, has submitted his reply to the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) against match-fixing allegations levelled against him, per Express News.

The 27-year-old batsman, who is currently serving a suspension for his alleged involvement in facilitating the infamous corruption scandal of the Pakistan Super League season 2, has decided to fight the charges.

Jamshed has told informed the PCB of his decision but has asked the board to wait till the investigations in Britain, of which he is a part, get concluded. He has requested the board to launch their own investigations thereafter.

Back in February, Jamshed was arrested by Britain’s National Crime Agency (NCA) alongside a bookie named Yousuf before being released on bail but with the promise of reporting back for investigation in April.

Jamshed is accused of referring Islamabad duo Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif to the said bookie Yousuf.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jamshed too has decided to fight the case?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed is also Butt and Kashmiri ? Iss k liye bhee JIT tayaar hai nawaasi k in laws rishtaydaaroun se Clean Chit lenay k liye ?
    @Syed1

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Nasir Jamshed is also Butt and Kashmiri ? Iss k liye bhee JIT tayaar hai nawaasi k in laws rishtaydaaroun se Clean Chit lenay k liye ?
    @Syed1
    All his defence needs to say is Sir jee Mera client to naam see hi bhola hai.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Karachi: Pakistan opener Nasir Jamshed has challenged the alleged spot-fixing charges framed against him by Cricket Board (PCB).

Nasir has also asked the PCB to keep him out of any investigation until the UK's crime investigation agency concludes its inquiry against him.

"Basically Nasir has informed the Board through a legal response that he will be contesting the charges laid out against him in the notice sent to him earlier," a source in the PCB said.

Nasir, who is in the eye of a storm over the spot-fixing scandal in the Pakistan Super League, has not been available for questioning to PCB officials as he resides in the UK.

Nasir, who is also being questioned by the UK's national crime agency, has been allowed to extend his bail to June 21 in London.

The PCB claims that Nasir has avoided meeting their anti-corruption unit officials and lawyers in connection with the ongoing investigations into the PSL spot-fixing scandal.

The PCB has suspended five Pakistani cricketers including Nasir under its anti-corruption code for their alleged involvement in spot-fixing in the PSL.

Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Irfan and Shahzaib Hasan are the other four players. Left-arm pacer Irfan has already been banned for 12-months after admitting to not reporting approaches made to him by spot-fixers in the past.

Nasir, a left-handed opener, who once scored three successive hundreds against India in ODIs, has also assured the PCB of his full cooperation in a recent video message.

Sharjeel, Khalid, and Shahzaib have also in their replies to the PCB challenged the several breaches of the anti- corruption code attributed to them in their notices.

http://zeenews.india.com/cricket/nas...d-1999147.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 25th April 2017 at 09:25.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was he doing till now if he is really innocent? Any innocent player being framed for corruption that too by his country's board would have broken all hell lose by now. Pathetic phoney drama.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Jan 2003
    Venue
    MCG
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PRESS RELEASE FROM ANTI CORRUPTION TRIBUNAL

Lahore May 12, 2017: The Anti-Corruption Tribunal held its preliminary hearing today at the National Cricket Academy, Lahore and the following were in attendance:

1. Jus. ® Asghar Haider (Chairman)

2. Lt. Gen. ® Tauqir Zia (Member)

3. Mr. Wasim Bari (Member)

4. Mr. Hassan Iqbal, Advocate for Nasir Jamshaid

5. Mr. Taffazul Rizvi and Haider Ali Khan Advocates for PCB

6. Mr. Salman Naseer, GM Legal Affairs PCB

7. Col. ® Mohammad Azam Khan, Head of PCB’s Vigilance and Security Department

PCB’s counsel read out the charges leveled by PCB against Mr. Nasir Jamshaid namely, Articles 2.4.6; and 2.4.7 of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants 2015.

The Tribunal in consultation and with concurrence of both parties agreed upon the procedure and timelines to be adopted under the Anti-Corruption Code. PCB shall submit its opening brief detailing its claims along with the evidence to be relied on by 26th May 2017.

Nasir Jamshaid shall be provided an opportunity to respond by filing an Answering Brief on 9th June 2017 and PCB may, at its discretion, file a Reply Brief on 14th June 2017. The Final Hearing shall commence from 30h June 2017 on a day to day basis.

Since under the PCB’s Anti-Corruption Code the proceedings are meant to be kept confidential, no comments will be made by any party or the Tribunal on the merits of the case.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quotes from Nasir Jamshed's video message.

"PCB is being unfair to me by calling players in and pressurizing them to make statements against me."

"Instead of maligning me I challenge PCB to offer proof against me"

"I have spoken to my lawyer and we will challenge pcb and take them to court"

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waqar goraya View Post
    Quotes from Nasir Jamshed's video message.

"PCB is being unfair to me by calling players in and pressurizing them to make statements against me."

"Instead of maligning me I challenge PCB to offer proof against me"

"I have spoken to my lawyer and we will challenge pcb and take them to court"
    He must have gotten heart from the fact that the likes of Sharjeel and Khalid Latif are still fighting on and stalling things and he now has the confidence that if he stalls the PCB and brings the courts into this, even he will end up getting sympathy in the media and the hue, cry over the whole affair will dissipate. The PCB should have been aggressive and ruthless in its prosecution from day one rather than allowing the players in question time to concoct stories, conspiracy theories and to find legal loopholes.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would PCB do that?

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    Why would PCB do that?

Waiting for Justice like Asif,Amir & Salman to prevail.

ICC ACCU might even get into Irfan & Nawaz's verdicts. Yeah they should if justice was subverted.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk

Nawaz got away big time. Umar Amin was presented as witness by PCB today.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @TalentSpotterPk

Nawaz got away big time. Umar Amin was presented as witness by PCB today.

Witness against whom ?

Shahzaib wasn't whistle blower ? Blue Eyed Amin was the whistle blower ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Witness against whom ?

Shahzaib wasn't whistle blower ? Blue Eyed Amin was the whistle blower ?
    Sharjeel's lawyer said yesterday that Amin reported to the PCB about same bookie approaches after 48 hours, which helps improve Sharjee;'s case.

Not sure if he was the whistle-blower or someone else

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KyoOne View Post
    Sharjeel's lawyer said yesterday that Amin reported to the PCB about same bookie approaches after 48 hours, which helps improve Sharjee;'s case.

Not sure if he was the whistle-blower or someone else

48 hours after news regarding Sharjeel & Khalid broke on the media ?

Or 48 hours after PCB & ICC came to know about Sharjeel & Khalid being approached before PSL first match ?

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or 48 hours after PCB & ICC came to know about Sharjeel & Khalid being approached before PSL first match ?
    Does it really matters? He is now a PCB Witness over reporting an approach.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Post 68 here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...okie-Lawyer-59

"Umar Amin in his testimony also informed that he was also offered to fix by the same alleged bookie, and he reported that to PCB after 48 hours... this has helped our case"

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Post 68 here: http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...okie-Lawyer-59

"Umar Amin in his testimony also informed that he was also offered to fix by the same alleged bookie, and he reported that to PCB after 48 hours... this has helped our case"

That offer was made few days before PSL begun ?

Did Umar Amin report the offer before the PSL match one started ? If not that he would be in trouble aswell.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Does it really matters? He is now a PCB Witness over reporting an approach.
    So Amin is safe ? Well played Amin

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes because he reported.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you trying to say? Please say openly. @TalentSpotterPk

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nasir is going to play the Kaneria card - he will say "look the British police and the CPS didn't take my case to court in the UK so how can you say I'm guilty". It's a rubbish argument given that the burden of proof for criminal cases is a lot higher than civil/sporting tribunals. There are loads of sporting cheats who never got charged criminally (e.g. Lance Armstrong, the IPL fixers etc).

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so good for amin and pakistan that he showed boldness and imandaari which is lacking in our pcb head and muhtaram ganja sharif....i have become a huge fan of umar amin after pak cup and this incident,,,,,i pray for him to get a proper chance in national team..

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If the PCB can prove that neither latif nor sharjeel accepted the offers, i think they should be a little lenient with these two. We have no idea what kind of underworld **** might come after these guys and they may have refused to mention the approach simply out of fear.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    What are you trying to say? Please say openly. @TalentSpotterPk
    Positive only if he reported on time.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I believe i saw a photo of Nasir Jamshed at the Younis Khan tribute event, why on earth was he allowed there and so close to the team at a time when the entire PSL spot fixing investigation is going on? High of inefficiency and incompetence from the PCB

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That offer was made few days before PSL begun ?

Did Umar Amin report the offer before the PSL match one started ? If not that he would be in trouble aswell.
    Not sure. No such information was shared. Only that Umar Amin was offered to fix, which he reported after 48 hours in his own words, which Sharjeel's lawyer was glad about as it has helped Sharjeel's case (which would be true if Sharjeel is only guilty of not reporting)

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not sure. No such information was shared. Only that Umar Amin was offered to fix, which he reported after 48 hours in his own words, which Sharjeel's lawyer was glad about as it has helped Sharjeel's case (which would be true if Sharjeel is only guilty of not reporting)

Thanks. I have read that there is a video aswell and the audio of that video is not established to be genuine as per forensic evidence. In that video Bookie, Khalid & Sharjeel are seen together.

Even if Audio isn't established as genuine than as per law the video will be rejected overall.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    More like 'Well left Amin'. He knew where his off stump was.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    That is all class of a comment from Viru.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1043 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post

Classy Comment Brother

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Excerpts from a letter by Nasir Jamshed's counsel Hassan Iqbal Warraich written to the chairman of PCB’s disciplinary panel:

“My client challenges the impugned letter on the grounds that the impugned letter is not only harsh but is an oppressive step to the detrimental of fundamental rights of my client guaranteed in the constitution of Islamic Republic of Pakistan"

"The PCB, while, provisionally suspending my client has not only misused but also bulldozed the very intent of clause 4.7.1 of the PCB anti-corruption code, herein after referred to as the Code. As PCB can only exercise its power conferred by article 4.7.1 when the PCB has charged a participant for corruption or exceptional circumstances exist relevant to the participant or the integrity of sports is being undermined."

The letter further read: "That in the present case my client has neither been charged for corruption nor there is any exceptional ground available with the PCB to suspend my client. As my client has no corruption charges, his provisional suspension cannot be justified in any manner whatsoever."

“It is also pertinent to mention here that the impugned letter does not carry even a single ground justifying the suspension of my client"

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, My client was only making bats

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: While an official of the Pakistan Cricket Board’s anti-corruption unit appeared on Friday before the anti-corruption tribunal of the Board as witness against Khalid Latif, the hearing of Nasir Jamshed was deferred till June 9 as the PCB was not prepared to submit its reply against Nasir.

According to PCB lawyer Tafazzul Rizvi, the Board’s anti-corruption unit officer explained the details about the bat grips found from Khalid. He said in the case of Nasir, the PCB would submit its reply on June 9.

However, Nasir’s lawyer, who appeared before the tribunal for the first time, said the PCB had failed to prepare the case against his client and was beating about the bush. The PCB failed to prepare the case at the pretext of workload, the lawyer reckoned.

Meanwhile, the PCB lawyer said Khalid’s lawyer, who had left Pakistan for Umrah the other day, knew it well that hearing of his client would be held on daily basis. But even then he made the programme of Umrah, which showed his intention.

According to the PCB lawyer, the lawyer of Shahzaib Hasan, another accused player in the PSL spot-fixing case, had already informed the tribunal about the dates of his absence from the case.

On Monday, Sharjeel Khan’s hearing will be held at 2:00pm, followed by Khalid Latif’s (4:00pm).

https://www.dawn.com/news/1335616/na...ed-till-june-9

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Nasir Jamshed in a recent interview

We all know how much corruption exists in Pakistan

The tribunal has people who are from PCB or have been with PCB so how can they speak against PCB

I would like this matter to be dealt with by regular courts and judges

I have spoken to my lawyer and we will challenge this in the same way Khalid Latif's laywer has challenged the Tribunal

This bookie Yousuf, as Umar Amin has said, many players know this guy

This happens a lot that we are invited by people for dinner and we sometimes take our friends along also

I challenge PCB to present their evidence also so we can see what needs to be done

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Nasir Jamshed in a recent interview

We all know how much corruption exists in Pakistan

The tribunal has people who are from PCB or have been with PCB so how can they speak against PCB

I would like this matter to be dealt with by regular courts and judges

I have spoken to my lawyer and we will challenge this in the same way Khalid Latif's laywer has challenged the Tribunal

This bookie Yousuf, as Umar Amin has said, many players know this guy

This happens a lot that we are invited by people for dinner and we sometimes take our friends along also

I challenge PCB to present their evidence also so we can see what needs to be done
    He should be asked then for what purpose he was referring to that payment from Yousaf. And he knows this guy and the goes from a long time.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bail Of Suspended Cricketer Nasir Jamshed Extended For Three Months | Spot-Fixing Case[Media reports]

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Must admit, even i am now getting frustrated with the lack of progress in the case.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEddardStark View Post
    My kind Sir, when it comes to law and rules, having personal opinions and biases do not hold much stature. These guys are employees of PCB and ICC per se and these organizations are in every legal right to hold anyone accountable breaching their rules and policies. They are not punishing them through any criminal law, they are just going to make sure they do not serve in their organizations's platforms anymore.
    Totally agree. Where there is smoke there is always a little fire.
    These lads especially Nasir seems to be the leader.
    Simple just dont select them for the internationl or domestic cricket.and that goes for all envovled.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a total shame tha these ehole affair regarding the spot fixing has once again shown its ugly head. Even if the PCB can notprove anything. Too me nasir looks like joor personally. PCB did get wind of something fishy going on and now if they cant prove it its ok. Just do. Not select the players going forward. It still hurts them and their reputation. Just like their are other players in the system that never get selected.
    Ok so there are no fines but atleast they are still deprived of playing the game they love and have to find another way of earning a living

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    One thing is for certain, Nasir Jamshed will never play for Pakistan again. What a sad waste of talent.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sethi never had any proof to begin with. He's just doing some dramay baazi.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakkifan View Post
    Its a total shame tha these ehole affair regarding the spot fixing has once again shown its ugly head. Even if the PCB can notprove anything. Too me nasir looks like joor personally. PCB did get wind of something fishy going on and now if they cant prove it its ok. Just do. Not select the players going forward. It still hurts them and their reputation. Just like their are other players in the system that never get selected.
    Ok so there are no fines but atleast they are still deprived of playing the game they love and have to find another way of earning a living
    That is a wrong policy. PCB have to prove them guilty or they are innoncent and should be allowed to play. The burden of proof is on PCB now. Sethi is loud mouth and I believe he has no proof to back up his claims.

Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be suprised if Nasir fixed in the 15 WC.... he did so horribly.. he made a 0,1,4 against WI, UAE, Zimbabwe respectively..... something fishy about this guy...BUT he could actually be saying truth

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The lawyer of cricketer Khalid Latif suffered yet another setback on Friday as the Anti-corruption Tribunal of the Pakistan Cricket Board rejected his objections over the eligibility of Justice Asghar Haider Rizvi to head the tribunal in the PSL spot-fixing case.

In a related development, the lawyer of key suspect in the case, opener Nasir Jamshed, failed to submit his answering brief to the tribunal.

One-man disciplinary tribunal of Justice (retd.) Fazal Miran Chohan dismissed the petition of Khalid’s lawyer objecting that Justice Asghar, as former legal advisor of the PCB, was not eligible to hear the PSL spot-fixing case in which the PCB was the main party. Justice Fazal in his short order issued on Friday said that Justice Asghar could hear the case.

Earlier, Khalid’s lawyer had challenged the standing of the tribunal before the Lahore High Court, which also rejected the petition and ordered him and his client to appear before the tribunal.

Khalid’s lawyer adopted the stance that neither the PCB chairman could appoint anti-corruption tribunal, nor the tribunal had any legal standing because its proceedings are against the constitution of the country.

Meanwhile, opener Nasir’s lawyer Hasan Warriach did not submit the answering brief before the tribunal and sought some more time, because his client was in London and he could not travel to Pakistan. It may be mentioned that the National Crime Agency of England (NCAE) had seized his passport in the same case of spot-fixing.

However, Hasan asserted that the PCB had no proof against his client in the spot-fixing case. He said the PCB should give the proof in public or it would face humiliation. He claimed that the PCB just had screen shots in which the players were just having normal conversation to some persons who were later painted as bookies.

He also said that England’s NCAE also had no proof against his client Nasir Jamshed and that was why it was not providing any proof to the PCB.. It may be mentioned here that in the first week of June, the PCB had requested the tribunal to stop the hearing because the NCA had received more solid evidences against the players and it would hand over those to the PCB in the last week of June. But the lawyers of the cricketers succeeded in opposing the PCB’s petition. However, the month of June has also passed and the PCB is yet to receive any proofs from the NCAE.

The lawyer surprised everyone by disclosing that the hearing of Nasir in London had been deferred till October this year, instead of being held in the last week of June.

The lawyer further said he would produce Yousuf and an Englishman named James as witnesses for Nasir Jamshed, who both are being considered as main culprits in the case of spot-fixing by the PCB.

Meanwhile, PCB’s lawyer Tafazul Rizvi said that Nasir’s lawyer had not yet informed the tribunal that why did NCAE seized the passport of his client in England was not ready to hand it back to the cricketer despite the passage of several months.

Tafazul also rejected the stance of Nasir’s lawyer in challenging the tribunal to open the proceeding for the public. He said it was not a bout between two wrestlers but a legal case which must be run according to the laws.

The PCB counsel said Nasir’s lawyer had no ground to claim that the PCB lacked proofs against his client since the Board was yet to furnish the tribunal with the proof against the opener. He added that if the PCB had no proof against the suspected cricketers, they would have gone to the legal courts of the country. “Nasir is not even ready to appear before the tribunal through Skype,” argued Tafazul.

He further said the hearing against Shahzaib Hasan, another accused cricketer, might be deferred for the second week of July.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1342422/tr...o-submit-brief

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This saga is soo annoying!!! Tbh i just want to see Shajeel cleared asap

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nasir is not really being missed. His career is over no matter what happens with his case. Never that great and to overweight as well.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    In your dil, but not in your dimaag.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Have noticed a trend that my favorite players I support usually either turn out to be duds and/or fixers or potential fixers and get dropped,

E.g. Nasir, Sohaib, Umar Akmal, Sharjeel, Asif

Also these days have developed a soft spot for Shehzad, hopefully he goes far.

Swing it like Akram, whack it like Afridi, live it like Inti.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman View Post
    Have noticed a trend that my favorite players I support usually either turn out to be duds and/or fixers or potential fixers and get dropped,

E.g. Nasir, Sohaib, Umar Akmal, Sharjeel, Asif

Also these days have developed a soft spot for Shehzad, hopefully he goes far.
    why Ahmed Shehzad? He's awful

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nasir’s proceedings adjourned till November 24

LAHORE: Suspended cricketer Nasir Jamshed’s hearing concerning alleged non-cooperation in the Pakistan Super League (PSL) spot-fixing saga was adjourned on Friday after his lawyer, Hasan Warraich, failed to turn up for proceedings. The hearing was meant to allow Jamshed to present his final arguments to the tribunal. The next hearing, scheduled to be the final one before judgment is delivered, will take place on November 24. It is unclear why Warraich, who has maintained an aggressive tone towards the prosecution since the case began, was absent yesterday. However, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said Jamshed’s lawyer ought to either appear before the tribunal on November 24 or send written arguments before then. The PCB concluded presenting its final arguments last month.

https://dailytimes.com.pk/141947/nas...l-november-24/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like Nasir will get away with this and both Khalid and Sharjeel will be the biggest looser

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafi View Post
    Looks like Nasir will get away with this and both Khalid and Sharjeel will be the biggest looser
    What makes you say that?