Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"If it were up to me, I'd have the entire PSL take place in Pakistan" : Imran Khan

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan on Tuesday said if the Rangers can conduct an operation in Karachi, "then why can not the same be done in Punjab".

Imran was speaking to the media in Lahore following the suicide blast which took place at Mall Road, Lahore's busiest artery, on Monday. The blast claimed killed 13 people and injured 87.

"All political parties signed the National Action Plan (NAP). We should implement it everywhere," Khan said.

He added that if NAP was actually being implemented, terror-related incidents would have stopped altogether across the country.

"Enemies have been trying to isolate Pakistan. I can only suspect the attack in Lahore yesterday was conducted to scare foreign cricketers," said the PTI chairman while answering a question regarding the Pakistan Super League's planned final.

"The home team will not be scared but the foreigners probably would be," Khan added.

The PTI chief said that when the Sri Lanka cricket team was attacked in Lahore in 2009, a global perception developed that Pakistan is an unsafe country.

"If it were up to me, I'd have the entire PSL take place in Pakistan," the former cricket champion added.

The PSL final is scheduled to be played in Lahore on March 5.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1314760/if...jab-asks-imran

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes we already have such a thing going on. Its called faisal bank t20.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    completely agreed except the whole psl in pakistan ...

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thse noraas have done nothing against the millittants in punjab....

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earthrealm
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Make a big stadium around Bahria Town Karachi, and make the Army organise the security, they will do a better job than anyone else, it will be away from the main city so organise transport from all over the city so fans won't have problem getting to the stadium, play 3 matches on Sunday

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In what context did he say this? What was his explanation?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The question asked was "Sir as a former cricketer what is your opinion of holding the PSL final in Lahore"

Imran replied "In my opinion the entire tournament should be held in Pakistan, not just the final"

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The question asked was "Sir as a former cricketer what is your opinion of holding the PSL final in Lahore"

Imran replied "In my opinion the entire tournament should be held in Pakistan, not just the final"
    What about the security concerns? Did he elaborate or that was it?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    What else would you expect him to say? If it was up to me I'd want the same thing. Who wouldn't want a T20 played out in front of sellout crowds rather than empty stadiums in the Emirates?

Sadly the reality is different.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well every pakistani would love to see psl in pakistan but definitely we can not provide adequate safety to a lot of people.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol.

Can soneone ban him please? @Mamoon

That's everyone wish but reality is far from fantasy.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    What about the security concerns? Did he elaborate or that was it?
    He was just talking about it from a cricketing point of view..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Lol.

Can soneone ban him please? @Mamoon

That's everyone wish but reality is far from fantasy.
    He is probably unaware of the fact that a T20 Cup is held in Pakistan every year in September, which is not surprising because he is completely out of touch with cricket, which is why he was insisting before the 2015 World Cup that Younis should bat at number 3.

Just another useless statement by him. One should learn to ignore him but it is difficult.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We would all want the PSL to be played in Pakistan. Why does Imran Khan have to tell you everything??. I hate this attitude of most Pakistanis that only when he says something does it mean anything official.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Political statement and nothing more than this. Don't take it serious.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Which is it, Mr Khan?

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No cure for lack of intellect. Let me say it again, this statement was made BEFORE TWO BOMBS WENT OFF IN THE VERY CITY THE FINAL IS BEING HELD.
    So if the PSL final would've been held in Dubai then Imran wouldn't have still criticized for not going through with the initial Lahore promise?

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    So if the PSL final would've been held in Dubai then Imran wouldn't have still criticized for not going through with the initial Lahore promise?
    Coulda shoulda woulda.. Putting words in other people's mouths.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Which is it, Mr Khan?
    No cure for lack of intellect. Let me say it again, this statement was made BEFORE TWO BOMBS WENT OFF IN THE VERY CITY THE FINAL IS BEING HELD.
    See, I don't really get people some times. The man made a statement before tragedy struck Lahore. And now he's changed it based on the PRESENT circumstances. That's him being wise and considerate and not an adamant egotistical fool like Najam Sethi.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is it, Mr Khan?
    Why don't you read the article again before you jump to wild conclusions.

If you are unable to comprehend it then, and this really shouldn't be necessary, check the date of the article.

Actually forget the dates and just read the article and the quotes. That should be enough

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Has his supporters ever disagreed with anything Imran has said and done? You have to admire the fierce but blind loyalty.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMY69 View Post

If you are unable to comprehend it then, and this really shouldn't be necessary, check the date of the article.

Actually forget the dates and just read the article and the quotes. That should be enough
    This is what the OP says:

"Imran was speaking to the media in Lahore following the suicide blast which took place at Mall Road, Lahore's busiest artery, on Monday. The blast claimed killed 13 people and injured 87."

So he made this statement AFTER the blast, yet you are the ones taking shots at other people for not having the ability to comprehend?

What do you call this? The word irony doesn't do justice in my opinion, and neither does the proverb 'apnay pair pe kulhari marna'.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    So right after the blast in Lahore, Imran stated that the whole PSL should be held in Lahore and not just the final, but now that the final is actually taking place there, he is having a problem with it?

As I said in the other thread, I do not disagree with his assessment that if something goes wrong during the final, Pakistan will not be able to host international cricket for another 10 years. In fact, I would say it will not be able to host it for another 30 years.

His U-turn would have not been a problem had he supported the decision to play in Pakistan BEFORE the blast. I'm in the same boat myself. I wanted the final to be in Lahore but not after the attack. However, Imran made the statements in OP AFTER the attack on Feb 13. So how does anyone justify this U-turn without being a blind supporter?
    Last edited by Abdul; 28th February 2017 at 03:03.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    See, I don't really get people some times. The man made a statement before tragedy struck Lahore. And now he's changed it based on the PRESENT circumstances. That's him being wise and considerate and not an adamant egotistical fool like Najam Sethi.
    He made this statement AFTER the blast on 13th February. Please be kind enough to read the OP yourself instead of putting your faith in the reading abilities of PTI supporters who have scored own goals in this thread.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    If it were up to me, the PSL wouldn't be a thing.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Feb 13: Blast in Lahore kills more than 90 people.

Feb 14: Imran says that the whole PSL should be in Pakistan, not just the final.

Feb 23: Another blast in Lahore that killed around 20 people.

Feb 27: Imran says that there is no point in playing the final in Lahore.

Was Imran waiting for another blast in Lahore? Was the first major attack not enough for him to change his mind?

Are people still finding ways to defend this?

I rest my case. There is no cure for being a sheep. One can only feel sorry.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If it were up to me I would move PSL to america.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He made this statement AFTER the blast on 13th February. Please be kind enough to read the OP yourself instead of putting your faith in the reading abilities of PTI supporters who have scored own goals in this thread.

Feb 14: Imran says that the whole PSL should be in Pakistan, not just the final.

Was Imran waiting for another blast in Lahore? Was the first major attack not enough for him to change his mind?

I stand corrected. However, He said the whole PSL should be in Pakistan, not that they should shift the ongoing PSL to Pakistan. There's a big difference. and honestly, it's better than IK has changed his stance keeping the present circumstances in mind, rather than Najam Sethi who's ready to put lives at stake just to fill his huge ego. The person at fault here is not IK, it is NS who before the start of the PSL made a huge sweeping statement and is STILL scampering to hold the final in Lahore knowing well that it is not the best option. Security issue aside, we're now left with a sub-standard production team because the guys at sunset + vine are't able to get visas on time and what is going to be virtually a FBT20 final without the marquee international players.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    If it were up to me, the PSL wouldn't be a thing.
    But then we would have never found the likes of Shadab or Fakhar or Sharjeel (lol) or Asghar.

PSL definitely has its merits.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    multan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 14 it was just Lahore blast...
    then it spread to whole Pakistan and security situation became worst that's why he changed his statement 😊😊

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    His opinions on cricket related matters are politically motivated these days. You just have to disregard them.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan talks so much. He is not a terrible leader, but also isn't the glorified leader that some make him out to be.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    You're a nobody so you're opinion is irrelevant to Imran.

I myself don't want the PSL final in Lahore. I never did. What have I've a problem is the pathetic u-turn by Imran. And of course his supporters will support him no matter what.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    But then we would have never found the likes of Shadab or Fakhar or Sharjeel (lol) or Asghar.

Nah, bro. Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Fazal, Haneef, Akhtar, Asif, Inzamam, Yousuf, Younis, Anwar, Abbas, Miandad, Saqlain, Mushtaq, Ajmal, Afridi, Razzaq, Misbah, Azhar, Shafiq, Sarfaraz, Yasir, Hassan, Junaid, Riaz and Babar didn't need the PSL to help them get into the national team. The next stars won't need it either.

Fakhar and Asghat were known as promising players before the PSL anyways and I'm sure Sharjeel wishes he never played the PSL right about now.
    Last edited by Bilal7; 28th February 2017 at 04:10.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whats the point of finding new stars though? When Younus Khan is still playing Test cricket. No need for new stars. Stick to old and thats final!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IK these days changes his statements at the drop of a hat. I don't know what's gotten into him. He used to be a far cry from these embarrassing unending shifts in point of view, one day after the other.
    Those in advisory capacity around him need to tell him that his whimsicality is starting to become too much. His party supporters continually making excuses for him and granting him amnesty doesn't help the cause either.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a PTI supporter, but Imran does have a point... at the time of Lahore blast, we didn't know there would be anymore bomb scares... We just took it as a one off event..

But the subsequent blasts in different parts of Pakistan, i.e Peshawar, Sehwan and then again Lahore changes everything... I think if you look at these two statements exclusively, it does account for a U-turn..

But if you look at how the country and state policy has changed drastically in a couple of weeks.... Operation Rad ul Fasaad has been launched, Punjab has rangers on the streets now.. Khan sahab is right..

Infact most people here know what the threat alert is..

Sethi sahab in his interview said last night Khan Sahab is playing politics...

But he himself was unsure of PSL final happening since these blasts, which led to a delay in decision making until now.

U-turn or not, is he wrong about the human lives being at stake here?
    Last edited by waleed88; 28th February 2017 at 05:43.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    He just opposes anything and everything the government does. I know it's politics and all but it's just getting annoying now.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Do not make personal remarks about other posters

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Nah, bro. Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Fazal, Haneef, Akhtar, Asif, Inzamam, Yousuf, Younis, Anwar, Abbas, Miandad, Saqlain, Mushtaq, Ajmal, Afridi, Razzaq, Misbah, Azhar, Shafiq, Sarfaraz, Yasir, Hassan, Junaid, Riaz and Babar didn't need the PSL to help them get into the national team. The next stars won't need it either.

Fakhar and Asghat were known as promising players before the PSL anyways and I'm sure Sharjeel wishes he never played the PSL right about now.
    You can't blame the PSL for what Sharjeel did, he would have done it with or without PSL.

PSL has brought cricket back in the mainstream in Pakistan, the amont of interest it generates in the general public is simply amazing. Also these young players are getting the invaluable experience of playing alongside experienced international cricketers and working with top coaches. Plus, the PSL has also given the PCB that much needed revenue boost.

The positives heavily outnumber the negatives.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    just shows he doesnt care about Pakistan its just he wants to be better than his rivals

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though blast near punjab assembly in lahore & sehwan sucide bombing occured on 13th and 17th february respectively but imran khan was all up for psl final should be played in pakistan and now he changes his position just to oppose punjab government.. statements like this making him immature politician.

Name:  C5sXBF7XMAE0qNr.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  36.0 KB

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lahore blast killed 14 people...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Lahore blast killed 14 people...
    Yeah my bad, but the number of fatal and non-fatal casualties are insignificant.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I stand corrected. However, He said the whole PSL should be in Pakistan, not that they should shift the ongoing PSL to Pakistan. There's a big difference. and honestly, it's better than IK has changed his stance keeping the present circumstances in mind, rather than Najam Sethi who's ready to put lives at stake just to fill his huge ego. The person at fault here is not IK, it is NS who before the start of the PSL made a huge sweeping statement and is STILL scampering to hold the final in Lahore knowing well that it is not the best option. Security issue aside, we're now left with a sub-standard production team because the guys at sunset + vine are't able to get visas on time and what is going to be virtually a FBT20 final without the marquee international players.
    Either way, his stance makes no sense at all. A day after the first blast, he said that the enemies of Pakistan are trying to isolate Pakistan and not just the final but the whole PSL should be hosted in Pakistan.

13 days later, he said that there is no point in holding the final in Pakistan, it is not even an international match and if something bad happens, Pakistan will not be able to host international cricket for another 10 years. Absolutely nothing changed between then and now, except for a minor explosion that the authorities labeled as gas leakage. Irrespective of the truth behind the explosion, it was on a smaller scale compared to the 13th February blast which is a clear attack on the protest on Mall Road and the Jamaat-ul-Ahrar assumed responsibility.

So what prompted Imran to back-track on his own words now? Did he not consider the security risk of hosting a full PSL in Pakistan? or did he think that there will no acts of terrorism in Pakistan in the future? or was he waiting for a small explosion to change his mind?

There have been two opinions on this matters. 1) those who opposed the idea of hosting the final in Lahore because of the high risk-low reward 2) those who agreed with playing the final in Lahore because the security situation was improving, but they changed their mind after the attack on 13th February.

However, regardless of what his intentions were and in what context he made the statement, his choice of wording was completely wrong given the situation. As a national leader, you cannot say on live television that yes, this could be a conspiracy and I want the whole PSL to be held in Pakistan, only to say the complete opposite a couple of weeks later although nothing had changed in between.

Imran probably realized a bit late that PML-N would use the PSL final as a talking point in the next election campaign, due to which he suddenly had a change of heart. His tone in the video posted in this thread does not suggest that he had taken that into account at that time.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    You can't blame the PSL for what Sharjeel did, he would have done it with or without PSL.

PSL has brought cricket back in the mainstream in Pakistan, the amont of interest it generates in the general public is simply amazing. Also these young players are getting the invaluable experience of playing alongside experienced international cricketers and working with top coaches. Plus, the PSL has also given the PCB that much needed revenue boost.

The positives heavily outnumber the negatives.
    Players tend to fix more at the lower levels than the international stage, especially after 2010. The revenue for the PCB and the players themselves is a plus, for sure, but it isn't benefting Pakistan cricket in any way.

I'm sure if a similar amount of money and effort was put into improving the standard of our domestic FC and OD competitions, we would be one of the favorites to win the next WC.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bilal bhai you and I both know how Pakistani selections work. I don't know about the pre-90s era but a lot of the "superstars" that were picked were plucked out of no where just because someone like an Imran or a Wasim saw them bowling in the nets and saw potential in them.

We never really had a system of meritorious selection.

Last year Hasan Ali was a nobody, infact the PP'ers who keep tabs of young talent didn't have a lot of knowledge about him. He impressed in PSL1 and is since the mainstay of our team, some even rate him as our best bowler in LOIs.

Pakistani selectors need performances in televised matches to see if a player is good or not. They don't watch domestic matches live to make a decision. This explains why Salman Butt who did zilch in the domestic tournament but secured two centuries in the televised final was on the verge of selection. This also explains why Usman Salahuddin who had a monster domestic season where he averaged around 70 or 80 if I'm not mistaken but he is no where on our selectors radar just because his team didn't qualify for the televised final. Even though the need of the hour is to find replacements for YK and Misbah who won't be there by the end of 2017. Another example is of Saad Ali who since his List A debut has batted at an average of 60+ in the 30-40 games he has played, but he is no where to be seen on the radar.

PSL is a God-send for young Pakistani cricketers and it is perhaps their best bet of getting the selectors nod.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Players tend to fix more at the lower levels than the international stage, especially after 2010. The revenue for the PCB and the players themselves is a plus, for sure, but it isn't benefting Pakistan cricket in any way.

I'm sure if a similar amount of money and effort was put into improving the standard of our domestic FC and OD competitions, we would be one of the favorites to win the next WC.
    How can you say the revenue for the PCB isn't benefiting Pakistan cricket lol? With more money, they can provide better facilities to cricketers, hire better coaches at junior levels, hire foreign coaches for the national team, pay cricketers more... the list goes on.

It doesn't work like that, the only reason they are able to spend so much money on this league is because it is a high return investment. They can't spend a similar amount of money on domestic FC and OD competitions because nobody is going to watch it apart from a few hardcore fans. No viewership = No sponsors.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what the OP says:

"Imran was speaking to the media in Lahore following the suicide blast which took place at Mall Road, Lahore's busiest artery, on Monday. The blast claimed killed 13 people and injured 87."

So he made this statement AFTER the blast, yet you are the ones taking shots at other people for not having the ability to comprehend?

What do you call this? The word irony doesn't do justice in my opinion, and neither does the proverb 'apnay pair pe kulhari marna'.
    and what i said was, and i quote,

"Actually forget the dates and just read the article and the quotes. This should be enough".

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    How can you say the revenue for the PCB isn't benefiting Pakistan cricket lol? With more money, they can provide better facilities to cricketers, hire better coaches at junior levels, hire foreign coaches for the national team, pay cricketers more... the list goes on.

It doesn't work like that, the only reason they are able to spend so much money on this league is because it is a high return investment. They can't spend a similar amount of money on domestic FC and OD competitions because nobody is going to watch it apart from a few hardcore fans. No viewership = No sponsors.
    You're being naive if you think this moneyis going to be well spent. I hope it is though.

Bilal bhai you and I both know how Pakistani selections work. I don't know about the pre-90s era but a lot of the "superstars" that were picked were plucked out of no where just because someone like an Imran or a Wasim saw them bowling in the nets and saw potential in them.

We never really had a system of meritorious selection.

Last year Hasan Ali was a nobody, infact the PP'ers who keep tabs of young talent didn't have a lot of knowledge about him. He impressed in PSL1 and is since the mainstay of our team, some even rate him as our best bowler in LOIs.

Pakistani selectors need performances in televised matches to see if a player is good or not. They don't watch domestic matches live to make a decision. This explains why Salman Butt who did zilch in the domestic tournament but secured two centuries in the televised final was on the verge of selection. This also explains why Usman Salahuddin who had a monster domestic season where he averaged around 70 or 80 if I'm not mistaken but he is no where on our selectors radar just because his team didn't qualify for the televised final. Even though the need of the hour is to find replacements for YK and Misbah who won't be there by the end of 2017. Another example is of Saad Ali who since his List A debut has batted at an average of 60+ in the 30-40 games he has played, but he is no where to be seen on the radar.

PSL is a God-send for young Pakistani cricketers and it is perhaps their best bet of getting the selectors nod.
    I see where you're coming from but the need of the hour seems to be a good scouting network instead of a tamasha league.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    u-turn khan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    u-turn khan
    Trying to save face after all that humiliation by Sarfaraz?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    and what i said was, and i quote,

"Actually forget the dates and just read the article and the quotes. This should be enough".
    You also said that 'If you are unable to comprehend it then, and this really shouldn't be necessary, check the date of the article.'

It is obvious that in your haste to blindly defend Khan saab, you failed to realize that he made the statement after the blast in Lahore.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha, @Mamoon it's funny - when IK made this statement, they flocked in numbers to the thread, defending how IK is right, and PSL should be held in the country.

Now he takes a U-Turn, and they've turned to "but but but IK was quoted out of context! He only meant future PSL or if conditions are good".

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Haha, @Mamoon it's funny - when IK made this statement, they flocked in numbers to the thread, defending how IK is right, and PSL should be held in the country.

Now he takes a U-Turn, and they've turned to "but but but IK was quoted out of context! He only meant future PSL or if conditions are good".
    Worse than that, they failed to realize that he made the statement after the Lahore attack. That is what happens when you defend a person religiously and don't look at the facts before embarrassing yourself.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    773 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Immy haters burning in their hate, but in their heart of hearts they know the PSL final is going to be glorified Faysal Bank T20.

Haters gonna hate

Jalnay walon ko door se salaam

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are referring to my post then you really have missed the point!

I think I'll refrain from posting on this thread as posters like yourself ignore all the pertinent points and keep repeating bits to fit your agenda.

Keep it up. I'm sure everything will turn out just dandy.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trying to save face after all that humiliation by Sarfaraz?
    nothing to do with Sarfraz meray bhai. we are talking about imran khan who has serious foot in the mouth problem.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Immy haters burning in their hate, but in their heart of hearts they know the PSL final is going to be glorified Faysal Bank T20.

Haters gonna hate

Jalnay walon ko door se salaam
    You do realise you are doing this at the expense of Pakistan. What are you achieving exactly?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3694 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    This is a seriously poor post ignoring entirely the point I was trying to make in my initial post.

Need I remind you of the definition of insanity?
    Accepting one's mistake is often a better idea than digging and digging. I clearly pointed out how your own comprehension failed you when you were busy criticizing others for not reading properly and 'not checking the date of the article' and taking personal shots and *cough* bringing their profession to the table.

If you don't want to admit that in your haste to defend Imran, you made an embarrassing blunder by not realizing that he made the statement AFTER the blast in Lahore, then it is fine, don't. However, the facts are there for everyone else to see and people can make up their own mind. At least some of the other guilty suspects have taken it on the chin and aren't busy digging.

Anyhow, I rest my case. Don't want to carry on with this further. If I have offended you in any way then I apologize.
    Last edited by Mamoon; 28th February 2017 at 20:09.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you are referring to my post then you really have missed the point!

I think I'll refrain from posting on this thread as posters like yourself ignore all the pertinent points and keep repeating bits to fit your agenda.

Keep it up. I'm sure everything will turn out just dandy.
    No mate, not yours. Didn't even read yours.

It's just in case those who blindly supported his previous and now the new statement.

Look, I don't want the high risk final here too. Just criticizing the U turn and him going against PCB for the sake of it.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepting one's mistake is often a better idea than digging and digging. I clearly pointed out how your own comprehension failed you when you were busy criticizing others for not reading properly and 'not checking the date of the article' and taking personal shots and *cough* bringing their profession to the table.

If you don't want to admit that in your haste to defend Imran, you made an embarrassing blunder by not realizing that he made the statement AFTER the blast in Lahore, then it is fine, don't. However, the facts are there for everyone else to see and people can make up their own mind. At least some of the other guilty suspects have taken it on the chin and aren't busy digging.

Anyhow, I rest my case. Don't want to carry on with this further. If I have offended you in any way then I apologize.
    Here is what I posted,

Qte

Unqte

So yoi can argue about the date of his statement as much as you like but that is irrelevant when I'm emphasising on the context.

Thats it, my final post on this thread.

Way too many A vs B sort of posts going on here ane no good comes out of it.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No mate, not yours. Didn't even read yours.

It's just in case those who blindly supported his previous and now the new statement.

Look, I don't want the high risk final here too. Just criticizing the U turn and him going against PCB for the sake of it.
    Ok and I agree with you.
    There's a lot of political sound bites but one thing I do agree with Khan Saab on and that is that the PCB should be an independent body with no political appointments..

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6994 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    You're being naive if you think this moneyis going to be well spent. I hope it is though.
    How do you think they are paying Arthur and the rest of the foreign coaching staff? How did they manage to build a new state-of-the-art cricket academy in Karachi?

You're just being cynical if you think every single penny is being pocketed by corrupt officials.