Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 568
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    5,887
    Mentioned
    688 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    India v Australia | 1st Test | Pune | Feb 23-27, 2017 | Day 2

    Australia 256/9 (94.0 ov) after they won the toss and elected to bat first.


    You don't burn calories by jumping to conclusions.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    7,689
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a bad feeling Starc will get to a hundred today.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    18,818
    Mentioned
    1022 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Day 9 of Pune test

  4. #4
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,515
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I hope we take the last wicket asap. Every run will hurt here

  5. #5
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    3,692
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India will score in excess of 400 when they bat.

    Indian fans are too pessimistic for some reason.

    Okeefe and Lyon do not scare anyone.

    Starc and Hazlewood are more dangerous.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Connecticut
    Runs
    4,207
    Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    Have a bad feeling Starc will get to a hundred today.
    Jinxed


    “I've never lost a game I just ran out of time.” Micheal Jordan

  7. #7
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,226
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Would've been a good total if Australia had the spinners


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are these kids eating? Rahul is feeling sick now

  9. #9
    Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Faisalabad.
    Runs
    3,830
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This match is heading toward a day 3 finish and inning win for india, India will be bowled out around 420 at lunch tommarow and take lead around 160, then australia will be shoot out for under 150 score before end of day 3, so even despite winning the toss it will be absolute hammering for Australia. Anyone wanna bet?


    We Have Good Players Just Need to Find Good Selectors

  10. #10
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is no reason to gift Umesh 4 wickets on this pitch. He did bowl well but you would expect a non SC team to play a pacer out better than that!


    ...

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    17,226
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Starc hasn't been the same for a while


    Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,759
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hazelwood strikes in his first over,smith should have started with him and not that useless O Keefe.

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,291
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Starc hasn't been the same for a while
    When was he ever so great in tests?He is good but he is not above Hazlewood in tests.ODI is a different situation don't think anyone is better bowler than him.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  14. #14
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsalan Pro View Post
    Hazelwood strikes in his first over,smith should have started with him and not that useless O Keefe.
    He's not useless. Wait for him when the ball gets old.

    Josh and spinner should have started the proceedings. Starc will be good when the ball reverses with his pace.


    ...

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,765
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hazlewood give nightmare to babar azam in test series in AUS.Now he is testing rahul technique i hope

    rahul don,t become his bunny in this series

  16. #16
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,291
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Its time to remove Rahul from the team and get Karun in.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  17. #17
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    When was he ever so great in tests?He is good but he is not above Hazlewood in tests.ODI is a different situation don't think anyone is better bowler than him.
    says HI on current form.


    ...

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,291
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    He's not useless. Wait for him when the ball gets old.

    Josh and spinner should have started the proceedings. Starc will be good when the ball reverses with his pace.
    Its going to be very interesting i hope we are not 4 down by then


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,291
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    says HI on current form.
    Who Starc?With old ball yeah but defn not a great new ball bowler.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its going to be very interesting i hope we are not 4 down by then
    We are almost 2 down with Rahul's illness

    Pujara and Kohli should bat well again to see us through. Even a lead of 80-100 will be huge on this pitch.


    ...

  21. #21
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Who Starc?With old ball yeah but defn not a great new ball bowler.
    In general... LOI bowler credentials on current form.


    ...

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,291
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    We are almost 2 down with Rahul's illness

    Pujara and Kohli should bat well again to see us through. Even a lead of 80-100 will be huge on this pitch.
    80 not huge when we have to bat in 4th innings,100 hopefully plus surely Warner is going to go Bonkerrs and even if one Aussie plays that knock we ll be out


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its time to remove Rahul from the team and get Karun in.
    Rahul is better than Karun. Even the innings where Karun scored 300, Rahul's 199 was much better than Karun's. Has already played some fantastic innings in his rather early career. Hundred in his 2nd test in Australia, 100 in Sri Lanka, 175 in West Indies at a quick rate when everyone else was struggling to time the ball. Could have been a memorable Match-winning hundred in T20s if not for the choker. Should give him more time, he will sort out his inconsistency surely.

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    16,291
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Rahul is better than Karun. Even the innings where Karun scored 300, Rahul's 199 was much better than Karun's. Has already played some fantastic innings in his rather early career. Hundred in his 2nd test in Australia, 100 in Sri Lanka, 175 in West Indies at a quick rate when everyone else was struggling to time the ball. Could have been a memorable Match-winning hundred in T20s if not for the choker. Should give him more time, he will sort out his inconsistency surely.
    ITs not about his inconsistency that worries me more(it does but not as much),its his fitness for an Indian batsman he has the worst fitness I ve seen in a long time.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  25. #25
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    80 not huge when we have to bat in 4th innings,100 hopefully plus surely Warner is going to go Bonkerrs and even if one Aussie plays that knock we ll be out
    Scoring 350 on this pitch needs a lot of skill and determination, let's see who puts their hand up for us. Any target above 140 will be tricky batting last.


    ...

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussies on TOP

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,515
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One good thing about the pitch. Everyone will be on toes from spectators to players. Noone can afford a break in concentration. It's not like the boring pitch that was against Bangladesh

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OZ pacers are too good for us !


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli gone!!! Aussies are nailing India to the ground!!!

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Starc is killing us


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  31. #31
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    36,862
    Mentioned
    2152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Kohli threw his wicket away there.

    What a spud shot.


    Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,497
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yahhhhh, Great going from Aus. Pick 2 more here and Indians will fold. Rahane may go cheaply here as well.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    Kohli threw his wicket away there.

    What a spud shot.
    Reminiscent of the shots he played in the horrible series in England.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    17,497
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    One good thing about the pitch. Everyone will be on toes from spectators to players. Noone can afford a break in concentration. It's not like the boring pitch that was against Bangladesh
    Batsmen have not lost their wickets due to pitch so far.


    "If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

  35. #35
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Gun over from Starc. 44/3

    Expect more replies and traffic to this thread now


    ...

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,759
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kohli gone for 0!!!

  37. #37
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't panic guys. Even if we need 400 in the last innings, India will still win this game. Kohli will make up for the 100 he failed in this one by scoring 200* if needed. He will surely not fail twice in a row.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,515
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Don't panic guys. Even if we need 400 in the last innings, India will still win this game. Kohli will make up for the 100 he failed in this one by scoring 200* if needed. He will surely not fail twice in a row.
    Ye kuchh zyada nahi ho gaya?

  39. #39
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,725
    Mentioned
    7038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Australia should have just played another pacer here instead of wasting a spot on Steve O'Jobber.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kohl gone for a duck. We r doomed.

    Saurav Ganguly and Harbhajan, thx for the jinx guys.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    Ye kuchh zyada nahi ho gaya?
    Sorry, don't know Hindi.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,515
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Sorry, don't know Hindi.
    I mean don't you think it's gone too far? Chasing 400 that too in 4th innings

  43. #43
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,759
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Australia should have just played another pacer here instead of wasting a spot on Steve O'Jobber.
    Yeah,there pacers are still leagues above O Keefe even on turners.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    ITs not about his inconsistency that worries me more(it does but not as much),its his fitness for an Indian batsman he has the worst fitness I ve seen in a long time.
    Still looks fitter than many players currently. As long as he scores runs, don't care about the rest. He might well save India from trouble here. Hope scores 150 and puts all doubts into rest.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,759
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia certainly has the best pacers for any visiting team in India in near past.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its time to remove Rahul from the team and get Karun in.
    He generally scores when others don't, hopefully he repeats that today.


    ...

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    He generally scores when others don't, hopefully he repeats that today.
    He's playing very well.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Delhi, India
    Runs
    3,515
    Mentioned
    345 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    KL Rahul when in form looks class above every batsman. Even virat looks inferior to him.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    I mean don't you think it's gone too far? Chasing 400 that too in 4th innings
    Kohli can and will do if needed. He is basically Sachin+Steve Waugh rolled into one. India will not lose any home test match under him. That I am confident.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Kohli can and will do if needed. He is basically Sachin+Steve Waugh rolled into one. India will not lose any home test match under him. That I am confident.
    400 in 2nd innings on this pitch

  51. #51
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    6,450
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shot.


    A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a shot from Rahul!! This guy is pure class when he puts his mind into it

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its time to remove Rahul from the team and get Karun in.
    He is the only one who is looking good here.Mind you Australian pacers are quality.What's with Karun brigade nowadays?

  54. #54
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dumb captaincy by Smith. Should bowl Haze and Starcy in tandem. they should've played Jackson Bird instead of the mystery spinner


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    5,033
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankit007 View Post
    KL Rahul when in form looks class above every batsman. Even virat looks inferior to him.
    Agreed. He is better to Kohli when in form but lacks consistency and goes for a shot too many.


    ...

  56. #56
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Its time to remove Rahul from the team and get Karun in.
    I think Vijay should be replaced instead. Get Che to open with Rahul and slot Karun in the middle order. Vijay hasn't done much for more than a year i guess.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    767
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rahane plays like a tailender against spinner.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starc and something else is on fire

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    81,885
    Mentioned
    1329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    People seem to forget that Ashwin is waiting round the corner to score a hundred.


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  60. #60
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul
    che
    Kohli
    Jinks
    Karun
    saha
    Ash
    jaddu
    Jayant/Ishant
    Shami
    Yadav

    Probably our best lineup if all are fit.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  61. #61
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    767
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should get 200 atleast to have any chance.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Dumb captaincy by Smith. Should bowl Haze and Starcy in tandem. they should've played Jackson Bird instead of the mystery spinner
    What if the batsmen play off those spells? Who's going to bowl next? This is very good captaincy by Smith. Relentless pressure

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,759
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Rahane plays like a tailender against spinner.
    Or like M Rizwan?

  64. #64
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    India should get 200 atleast to have any chance.
    200? We need atleast 350 to have a chance to win. hazlewood will become a nightmare to face in the 4th innings if this pitch breaks up.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    India should get 200 atleast to have any chance.
    If India don't get atleast a 100 lead, they are toast

  66. #66
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    767
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I think Vijay should be replaced instead. Get Che to open with Rahul and slot Karun in the middle order. Vijay hasn't done much for more than a year i guess.
    Score 3 Centuries in his last 6 matches. HAs done well overseas as well.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    What if the batsmen play off those spells? Who's going to bowl next? This is very good captaincy by Smith. Relentless pressure
    They can always come back after a rest. Anyway i did say that this attack was missing Bird. Underrated bowler.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Score 3 Centuries in his last 6 matches. HAs done well overseas as well.
    Yep. Don't understand the love for Karun just because of 1 innings. Vijay has proved to be reliable over the years home and away

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    I think Vijay should be replaced instead. Get Che to open with Rahul and slot Karun in the middle order. Vijay hasn't done much for more than a year i guess.
    Che is the weakest in this batting lineup. Rest are all conditions batsman. Che is vulnerable against quality attacks and swing and even bounce to be honest.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    They can always come back after a rest. Anyway i did say that this attack was missing Bird. Underrated bowler.
    One look at the pitch and you need 2 spinners. They can't have 3 pacers in that case. It's all together a different story that Mitch Marsh is a useless bat but they need to have a pace allrounder for balance.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    914
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    If India don't get atleast a 100 lead, they are toast
    Couldn't be more wrong. Just need to get around the Australia score. Our bowlers and Kohli will do the rest. Hope Australia gives at least a target of 200, so that Kohli will score a hundred in 4th innings.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    People seem to forget that Ashwin is waiting round the corner to score a hundred.
    To be followed by Saha's hundred

  73. #73
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Score 3 Centuries in his last 6 matches. Has done well overseas as well.
    With one of them being against bangladesh. Not belittling Vijay but he is 33 years old and not in the top 5 bats in the country. He doesn't have the ability to score daddy hundreds. We are already playing a bowler short and he simply does not make it on merit anymore methinks.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Che is the weakest in this batting lineup. Rest are all conditions batsman. Che is vulnerable against quality attacks and swing and even bounce to be honest.
    Che slightly ahead of Vijay for me. He was good against NZ and you simply can't drop a 50 averaging batsman in test cricket.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia's session. Rahul playing well but Starc and Hazy will be right back after lunch. Enthralling 2nd session awaiting us

  76. #76
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India will easily get a lead of 150 here.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong. Just need to get around the Australia score. Our bowlers and Kohli will do the rest. Hope Australia gives at least a target of 200, so that Kohli will score a hundred in 4th innings.
    Imagine playing Starc, Hazy on a pitch like this on 4th day. Lyon will be lethal as well. I believe it will be impossible to chase more than 180

  78. #78
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,862
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    One look at the pitch and you need 2 spinners. They can't have 3 pacers in that case. It's all together a different story that Mitch Marsh is a useless bat but they need to have a pace allrounder for balance.
    Not really. If you have quality spinners then sure. Australia don't have any. It's not like only spinners do well in India. Only quality quicks have done well here. All of their quicks - Starc/Haze/Bird are around 6'5" and if they don't get wickets, they'll atleast keep the bats quiet. Just need someone to roll their arm over for a few overs of offspin.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  79. #79
    Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    1,261
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhony View Post
    One look at the pitch and you need 2 spinners. They can't have 3 pacers in that case. It's all together a different story that Mitch Marsh is a useless bat but they need to have a pace allrounder for balance.
    Only that he is bad at both batting and bowling.So waste of a spot.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Chicago
    Runs
    3,799
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Not really. If you have quality spinners then sure. Australia don't have any. It's not like only spinners do well in India. Only quality quicks have done well here. All of their quicks - Starc/Haze/Bird are around 6'5" and if they don't get wickets, they'll atleast keep the bats quiet. Just need someone to roll their arm over for a few overs of offspin.
    That's the case when you have 3 lethal pacers. You are giving a lot of undue credit to Bird. Smith wants to have a pacer and a spinner is tandem with Marsh filling in the blanks. Lyon can't bowl 50 overs as a lone spinner. Indians are capable of playing spin and somebody rolling over a few will release all the pressure off India

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •