Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Identical figures for O keefe in both innings.. when did it happen last time ?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    This is still the exception to the rule for Aus in India. First win here since 2004.

Let's not talk about Aus in SA shall we? At least 3 series wins in that time.
    What does 2004 or 1930 have anything to do with anything?
    This current Indian side would come with their tails between their legs were they to tour Australia today. They wouldn't win a single match there. Australia have just won a game in India. Which is all that matters really.
    Australia >>India that's all there is to it.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    Haha. U r humiliated by aus, eng by losing a series against them? Wait atleast for the series to be over. U can say afterwards if india lost against them.
    SA beat Aus in Aus...

Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soso_killer View Post
    This current Indian side would come with their tails between their legs were they to tour Australia today. They wouldn't win a single match there. Australia have just won a game in India. Which is all that matters really.
    I mean how many players in this Australian XI even played in 2013?

Warner, Lyon, Wade and Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has such troll looks in every pic.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    .....but Kohli is the best thing since peanut butter and jelly

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pak_lover6 View Post
    Just noticed it as well 35-6 35-6 ,just missed by 2 overs if not that too would had been the same.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh man.. I was waiting for India to whitewash Aussies so that i could say asians should not invite aussies but ...
    That was epic phainty !

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So india is better than sa by that logic because we have drawn one test in sa and humiliated u in india by u r own logic. Sa also never looked like it has won a session in india isn't it

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Virat Kohli: "It's been a good run. Good to see the support. We got outplayed in this game. We got to take it on the chin, accept that they outplayed us. It was our worst batting display in the last two years. We need to see what we did wrong. They exploited it better than us. They put us under pressure throughout and deserved to win this game. We've had two really bad sessions and to pull it back against a quality side is very difficult. No excuses. Sometimes, you have to take your hat off and tell the opposition well done."

Somewhat different from Dhoni ,I would say but lets see what he does in Bangalore.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post
    SA beat Aus in Aus...
    What has that got to do with humiliation at home?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh man.. I was waiting for India to whitewash Aussies so that i could say asians should not invite aussies but ...
    That was epic phainty !
    just prayer it will not be opposite

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So a player cannot fail?
    a player can fail, but there's a disturbing pattern here. Got bullied by Elgar and Dumminy UN his backyard. And now (with all due respect to O'Keeffe) by another nobody of a spinner. Was also owned by Moeen Ali in England. That does not inspire the public with confidence to the proclaimed best player of spin.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unavailable outside Australia.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Haha. U r humiliated by aus, eng by losing a series against them? Wait atleast for the series to be over. U can say afterwards if india lost against them.
    That's OK we humiliate them enough in their own backyards. All is fair in love and war

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a player can fail, but there's a disturbing pattern here. Got bullied by Elgar and Dumminy UN his backyard. And now (with all due respect to O'Keeffe) by another nobody of a spinner. Was also owned by Moeen Ali in England. That does not inspire the public with confidence to the proclaimed best player of spin.
    So what about his runs against other teams? R they invalid? Or he has to score against bowlers u name only

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I mean how many players in this Australian XI even played in 2013?

Warner, Lyon, Wade and Smith?
    yeah that's like "only" 36% of the side.
    How many of the current players won in Australia in 2008? I hope it's not "only" 0%.
    That would be fundamentally flawed

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's OK we humiliate them enough in their own backyards. All is fair in love and war
    The same thing is happening with ind aus series but at home. We have drawn 2 matches in aus in last 2 series but aus was whitewashed in both series in India.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So india is better than sa by that logic because we have drawn one test in sa and humiliated u in india by u r own logic. Sa also never looked like it has won a session in india isn't it
    LOL a draw is a win now
    This is hilarious ....

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Bangalore (in Summer) is the perfect pitch to recover for Indians. I am sure Curators won't try to make it spin now! But on the other hand they should not do the mistake of flattening it further seeing today's result! Then Warner & co will make merry on the small ground resulting in draw or even another defeat if we bat so poor. If this was rainy or winter, Australians would have utilized the Bangalore pitch to their advantage.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The same thing is happening with ind aus series but at home. We have drawn 2 matches in aus in last 2 series but aus was whitewashed in both series in India.
    JUST WIN MATCHES!!!!!
    I'm not interested in draws...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    Bangalore (in Summer) is the perfect pitch to recover for Indians. I am sure Curators won't try to make it spin now! But on the other hand they should not do the mistake of flattening it further seeing today's result! Then Warner & co will make merry on the small ground resulting in draw or even another defeat if we bat so poor. If this was rainy or winter, Australians would have utilized the Bangalore pitch to their advantage.
    Black list Australia until SOK retires.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    This is still the exception to the rule for Aus in India. First win here since 2004.

Let's not talk about Aus in SA shall we? At least 3 series wins in that time.
    How many have SA won in Australia in that time period?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I remember Stuart Binny vs. Bangladesh, N.Boje vs. India, Sunil Joshi vs South Africa in Kenya, so many one match wonders! Let's see if his charm lasts at least till next match! Good luck!

And Kohli is not someone who is going to keep quite after this. He will be a wounded tiger. This happened for good I feel, too many easy rides before this!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What has that got to do with humiliation at home?
    Australia have never won a game in SA inside a day.
    This game wasn't even a contest. That's the humiliation, losing a tightly contested match is one thing but this? After cooking the conditions at that?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You are going a bit overboard and getting carried away just like few indian fans were before this match.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    You are going a bit overboard and getting carried away just like few indian fans were before this match.
    Just having some fun

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My word.... This is indeed some next level pasting lol

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    yeah that's like "only" 36% of the side.
    How many of the current players won in Australia in 2008? I hope it's not "only" 0%.
    That would be fundamentally flawed
    Ishant Sharma lol

And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game wasn't even a contest. That's the humiliation, losing a tightly contested match is one thing but this? After cooking the conditions at that?
    So everything is upto u r selective reckoning isnt it?

Then what about indian wins in sa? Both in wanderers and durban?

Sa humiliated for 80 allout in their first innings on a cooked up surface and sa were never in that game isnt it?

Please dont post selective nonsense. If the so called no 1 team is a ***** at home then it says how good that team is if it cannot win at their home isnt it

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southafrica is the best team in the world, their players show immense grit and determination when they r put under pressure, especially in ICC tournaments. Happy now?

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Southafrica is the best team in the world, their players show immense grit and determination when they r put under pressure, especially in ICC tournaments. Happy now?
    Absolutely they r number 1 and they prove it in icc tournaments by their performances deserving of no 1.

Their failures will be covered under the blanket and he questions other teams selective performances

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just having some fun
    With whom? They have all logged out of this site for couple of days.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1-0 up. Good for Australia...Interesting times ahead to see how the test ranking system works from now onwards... Nearly an inns defeat in home soil for India.. Fantastic stuff from Australia.......

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aus will gain lots of points after this win.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So everything is upto u r selective reckoning isnt it?

Then what about indian wins in sa? Both in wanderers and durban?

Sa humiliated for 80 allout in their first innings on a cooked up surface and sa were never in that game isnt it?
    When was that? Coz if you want to go through history between SA and India then I'm afraid India will come a distant second best. For starters SA have humiliated India in India on countless occasions. Didn't they once bowl India out for 70 odd?
    Had a 5 all record v India in India prior to the last tour as well. How many matches have India won in SA in return? 2? Isn't that an embarrassment in itself? Especially considering SA have won a series in India and drew a series on more than one accession?
    Comparing SA v India was a huge error on your part, the two teams don't belong in the same class.

Even the match you alluding to, SA gave a far better account of themselves than India have in this match. SA in the second innings batted for way longer than India has in combined innings of this Test. Then there's the little matter of losing a match by a whooping 333 runs. Give it up mate, it's getting embarrassing.
    Please dont post selective nonsense. If the so called no 1 team is a ***** at home then it says how good that team is if it cannot win at their home isnt it
    SA may be rubbish at home against England and Australia if that's the right terminology (I'm guessing you used an aggressive terminology, which illustrates you're getting worked up. Do relax please). However the same terminology will have to work both ways.
    So Australia and England are rubbish at home against SA too.

Bringing SA comparison with Australia is another flawed argument. SA and Australia cancel each other out. They win in SA and we win in Australia. So how do both sides compare away from home? That's where SA comes on top i guess.

India and Australia don't cancel each other out. For a start Australia have just won a game in India. This current India side won't win anything in Australia, in fact have toured there already.
    I also back Australia to win more matches away than India in the near future. Putting emotions aside I'm sure you'd agree to back Australia to do better than India away in the next 5 years.
    The only venue India might do better than Australia is in Sri Lanka.

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mubarak to Australia, I certainly wasnt expecting this victory.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    which test belongs under the curatorship of the ICC though? I'm a little lost, me and my stupid relevance....

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Ashwin and Jadeja 12/321
    Steve O'Keefe 12/70

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got hammered- as a loss it ranks right up there.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    which test belongs under the curatorship of the ICC though? I'm a little lost, me and my stupid relevance....
    Why only tests? By u r logic u accept that sa is a nothing team in icc tournaments inspite of the being no 1 in same icc rankings.

If u question other team credentials they will also question u r team credentials. Dont use selective parameters to make u r point.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    924 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I agree with u in technicalities but it is a home game for pak isnt it. I have already said india is humiliated isnt it
    I dont think it is even closely comparable.

جاگن والیاں رجّ کے لٹیا اے،
    سوئے تسیں وی او، سوئے اسیں وی آں۔

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kudos to the Aussies. But let's remember that Australia's batsmen all failed with the exception of Smith, and he was dropped like 5 times. India simply failed much worse.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Why only tests? By u r logic u accept that sa is a nothing team in icc tournaments inspite of the being no 1 in same icc rankings.

If u question other team credentials they will also question u r team credentials. Dont use selective parameters to make u r point.
    This is a test discussion thread, he's more than welcome to create an ICC thread.
    Why would i talk about Tests or Test rankings in a discussion about a WC or the Champions Trophy?
    Doesn't make sense to me.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ashwin and Jadeja 12/321
    Steve O'Keefe 12/70
    you're loving this aren't you :-)

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    you're loving this aren't you :-)
    Honestly given Australia's struggles against spin and away from home over the last decade or so this basically feels like the Gabba in 2013 all over again.

It's huge.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is lovely

What a beautiful piece of news to wake up to

Na ishq mein na pyaar mein

Jo maza hai India ki haar mein

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    This is lovely

oh baith ja 22 tik ke.....pehla hi damag khrb hi......ho ki gya ehe

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is lovely

Bhai your celebration reminded me of Mushfiqur. hope you enjoy more good news from this series

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    Bhai your celebration reminded me of Mushfiqur. hope you enjoy more good news from this series
    Bhai I have no stakes in this series but your ex-cricketers and PP'ers were claiming that India would win the series 4-0 or 3-0 at worst. Well what is the scoreline now?

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get lost so easily my friend. I didn't want to go through the trouble of writing multiple posts about how great is SA's record in tests against Australia in Southafrica or how well Southafrica generally performs in pressure cooking situation or how well amla performs whenever his team needs him the most.

Southafrica is easily the best team in the world. I've no doubt about that.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Don't get lost so easily my friend. I didn't want to go through the trouble of writing multiple posts about how great is SA's record in tests against Australia in Southafrica or how well Southafrica generally performs in pressure cooking situation or how well amla performs whenever his team needs him the most.

Southafrica is easily the best team in the world. I've no doubt about that.
    well you lost me when you mentioned ICC and Tests.
    Otherwise I agree 100% with your post SA are as clutch as they come when it comes to Tests.

But this thread is not about SA but India.
    How will they recover from this especially with away fixtures looming. Losing a match within a day having doctored conditions can't be good.
    What's the next pitch going to look like?
    So much to ponder for India.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is humiliation of epic proportions at home. Very near to pak getting allout for less than 100 in sharjah against aus
    Have some shame. Pak doesnt even get to choose their pitch type in UAE. India fans are worse than even bangla fans when it comes to childish arrogance

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    Punjab
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AUS just better in all areas.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When was that? Coz if you want to go through history between SA and India then I'm afraid India will come a distant second best. For starters SA have humiliated India in India on countless occasions. Didn't they once bowl India out for 70 odd?
    Had a 5 all record v India in India prior to the last tour as well. How many matches have India won in SA in return? 2? Isn't that an embarrassment in itself? Especially considering SA have won a series in India and drew a series on more than one accession?
    Comparing SA v India was a huge error on your part, the two teams don't belong in the same class.

Even the match you alluding to, SA gave a far better account of themselves than India have in this match. SA in the second innings batted for way longer than India has in combined innings of this Test. Then there's the little matter of losing a match by a whooping 333 runs. Give it up mate, it's getting embarrassing.

SA may be rubbish at home against England and Australia if that's the right terminology (I'm guessing you used an aggressive terminology, which illustrates you're getting worked up. Do relax please). However the same terminology will have to work both ways.
    So Australia and England are rubbish at home against SA too.

Bringing SA comparison with Australia is another flawed argument. SA and Australia cancel each other out. They win in SA and we win in Australia. So how do both sides compare away from home? That's where SA comes on top i guess.

India and Australia don't cancel each other out. For a start Australia have just won a game in India. This current India side won't win anything in Australia, in fact have toured there already.
    I also back Australia to win more matches away than India in the near future. Putting emotions aside I'm sure you'd agree to back Australia to do better than India away in the next 5 years.
    The only venue India might do better than Australia is in Sri Lanka.
    If memory serves me right, SA hasn't won the single series against Australia at home.. On the other hand previous Aussie team effortlessly dominated SA regardless of the venue.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    If memory serves me right, SA hasn't won the single series against Australia at home.. On the other hand previous Aussie team effortlessly dominated SA regardless of the venue.
    yep, SA haven't won a series against Australia since the 70's. And the point would be?

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    yep, SA haven't won a series against Australia since the 70's. And the point would be?
    That Australia under Waugh was a better team which is an extremely odd tangent to this this thread and I'm not sure what exactly it has to do with India getting their pants pulled down after acting with the same sort of arrogance as Waugh's team - without the decade of performances to back it up.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    That Australia under Waugh was a better team which is an extremely odd tangent to this this thread and I'm not sure what exactly it has to do with India getting their pants pulled down after acting with the same sort of arrogance as Waugh's team - without the decade of performances to back it up.
    This thread is desperately going of the radar.
    I'm not sure how or what SA did to Australia in the 70's or what Australia did to SA in the early 2000's is relevant to the current strength of both sides. Then throw in ICC events in a Test discussion thread to completely lose the plot. Recipe for disaster.

But who can blame them, this defeat was so comprehensive I'd lose it too if my team lost a test match inside a day. Worse of all at home.
    So it's OK, one "relevant" question though: do you think this victory makes Australia favourites for the next edition of the T20 WC?

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhai I have no stakes in this series but your ex-cricketers and PP'ers were claiming that India would win the series 4-0 or 3-0 at worst. Well what is the scoreline now?
    Most Ppers haven't played at any level so their opinions doesn't necessarily have 2 be taken seriously, going by the way IND thrashed everyone in sedate pitches (ENG series and few in NZ series) no one expected Ind to even bat second in any of the tests, so you can not blame them for predicting 4-0 , secondly ab jab ho hi gaya hai let's see how IND react bcz the same fans are suddenly saying AUS is now the best team as "ALL THE DEAD WEIGHT HAVE BEEN REMOVED AFTER THE LANKA SERIES"

Cheers

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? This can't be true. Multiple ICC trophy holder, "THE MIGHTY SOUTH AFRICA"
    is yet to win a single test series against Australia in their own backyard ?????

I don't believe this. I think cricinfo is wrong. This just can't be

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Really? This can't be true. Multiple ICC trophy holder, "THE MIGHTY SOUTH AFRICA"
    is yet to win a single test series against Australia in their own backyard ?????

I don't believe this. I think cricinfo is wrong. This just can't be
    come down don't get your blood boiled up. The last time SA defeated Australia in SA was a 4-0 thrashing by our greatest side.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/61369.html

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how or what SA did to Australia in the 70's or what Australia did to SA in the early 2000's is relevant to the current strength of both sides. Then throw in ICC events in a Test discussion thread to completely lose the plot. Recipe for disaster.

But who can blame them, this defeat was so comprehensive I'd lose it too if my team lost a test match inside a day. Worse of all at home.
    So it's OK, one "relevant" question though: do you think this victory makes Australia favourites for the next edition of the T20 WC?
    Clearly.

Test wins in Pune mean everything towards the T20 world cup wherever it is. I'm sure Maxwell and Finch learned a lot from this win.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BS Chandrasekhar, 6/52 & 6/52 v Australia, MCG 1977/78

I don't know if it was the last time but that was the previous record for best identical bowling figures, now bettered by O'Keefe with 6/35 & 6/35

I smash and grab and stash the cash in plastic bags
    With raps that have pizzazz

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an embarrassment after the highs of last 15 months. The run had to end but that it will end in this manner was unexpected.

Huge task for Kohli and Kumble to get the team back on track in the series. Some tough choices ahead - Rahane's place will be debated , utility of 5 batsman strategy will be scrutinised as well. True test of Kohli's leadership. The team is fully capable of coming back and winning the series from here but will have to play at absolute best for any such thing to happen.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SA and Aus don't cancel each other out unless you are only looking at results from selected period
    Last edited by Chrish; 26th February 2017 at 12:46.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nah.. you are the one going off about how great SA's record has been in India since resdmission.. if we go that far back then you clearly have to take a look at SA's performance against other teams too

Just pointing it out. I ain't worried about the result of this test

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    SA and Aus don't cancel each other out unless you are only looking at results from selected period
    What selected results?
    SA beats Australia in Australia, in return Australia beat SA in SA.
    That's cancelling each other out. What Warne or G. Pollock did has zero barring on the current strength of both sides.
    It's how they do away which will determine who's strong between the two sides.
    I'm confused as to what an ATG Aussie side or SA's greatest side has anything to with current affairs.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Nah.. you are the one going off about how great SA's record has been in India since resdmission.. if we go that far back then you clearly have to take a look at SA's performance against other teams too

Just pointing it out. I ain't worried about the result of this test
    nah the user made an assumption that SA has never beaten Australia on home soil. Which is factually incorrect. SA's greatest side destroyed Australia.
    SA never played in India prior to readmission too, only played Australia and England (not counting rebel tours).

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    nah the user made an assumption that SA has never beaten Australia on home soil. Which is factually incorrect. SA's greatest side destroyed Australia.
    SA never played in India prior to readmission too, only played Australia and England (not counting rebel tours).
    SA's "greatest" side destroyed very weak Australian side, while greatest Australian side destroyed pretty decent SA side. And SA side with Pollock didn't play enough to be considered greatest SA side either

They cancel each other out only if you wanna count past three series. But if you want to bring out SA heroics in India since readmission then you also have to remember the failure of the team against certain opponent

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw highlights. Pure euphoria from seeing India lose. Not many feelings can match this.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    SA's "greatest" side destroyed very weak Australian side, while greatest Australian side destroyed pretty decent SA side. And SA side with Pollock didn't play enough to be considered greatest SA side either

They cancel each other out only if you wanna count past three series. But if you want to bring out SA heroics in India since readmission then you also have to remember the failure of the team against certain opponent
    yep a very weak Australian side who had just defeated England and were unbeaten in 7 games prior to arriving in SA. IIRC the English side that lost to Australia had defeated the Windies.

Anyhow which series should I count to measure the current strength of SA & Aus?
    The recent one or the one that involved Warne and McGrath?

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Strayaa!! O'Keefe who would have thought eh Make it two-zip now.