Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Cricket Scotland

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 226 of 226
  1. #161
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I don't rate Fakhar but I would take even Awais Zia over Azhar at this point. He won't waste deliveries at least.

    Yes yes, I remember the havoc Junaid created for the Indians in the last CT, and how good he has been for us in ICC tournaments. So far, he has been our bowling version of Amla, but not half as good in bilateral matches.
    You don't rate Fakhar, you don't rate Azhar, bhai aap kis ko rate kartein hai? Oh, I know, Umar Amin and Asad Shafiq.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  2. #162
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,621
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    At least with Irfan's ban we have been spared the trundling mess of a bowler

    Junaid is one dimensional like Wahab. Will either go for plenty or do really well. There is no middle ground. There is no consistency. He is ultimately not cut out for international cricket but you never know he might have a good tourney.

    I am more excited about Amir, Hasan Ali and Shadab. We have a world class bowling attack. Just a shame our batting is awful, TTF selections have made it even worse.
    wishful thinking, its potenitally world class but no their yet, and supporting cast isnt good enough. Sohail Khan to compliment it would have been perfect.

    What worries most though is that our first game is against India. There is no shame for a 18 year old leggie to get smashed by India, but knowing our fans and media that game could potentially destroy Shadab's tournament. The media attack on him would be imense in such scenario


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  3. #163
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    wishful thinking, its potenitally world class but no their yet, and supporting cast isnt good enough. Sohail Khan to compliment it would have been perfect.

    What worries most though is that our first game is against India. There is no shame for a 18 year old leggie to get smashed by India, but knowing our fans and media that game could potentially destroy Shadab's tournament. The media attack on him would be imense in such scenario
    Which is why you don't play Shadab against India and Sri Lanka and bring him in for the semis, which will be against England or Australia and we all know that Shadab can eat them whole.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  4. #164
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,621
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Which is why you don't play Shadab against India and Sri Lanka and bring him in for the semis, which will be against England or Australia and we all know that Shadab can eat them whole.
    and replace with who ?

    AGGRESSIVE RIAZ who has been averaging 46 since bowling to watson, or take the risk for Fahim ?


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  5. #165
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,892
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    wishful thinking, its potenitally world class but no their yet, and supporting cast isnt good enough. Sohail Khan to compliment it would have been perfect.

    What worries most though is that our first game is against India. There is no shame for a 18 year old leggie to get smashed by India, but knowing our fans and media that game could potentially destroy Shadab's tournament. The media attack on him would be imense in such scenario
    Sohail Khan can't field and lacks fitness. He is 33. We have better young pacers now. Its not 2015 world cup anymore.

    Our bowling unit is solid, Imad and Shadab and Hafeez for middle overs. Amir, Junaid(or Wahab) and Hasan Ali as pace attack. Its better than most.

    Inzamam totally failed on selecting a batting unit. He doesn't realise Haris Sohail is not fazed by big matches, he has temperament and has performed in the past. Should have picked him.

  6. #166
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    20,621
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    Sohail Khan can't field and lacks fitness. He is 33. We have better young pacers now. Its not 2015 world cup anymore.

    Our bowling unit is solid, Imad and Shadab and Hafeez for middle overs. Amir, Junaid(or Wahab) and Hasan Ali as pace attack. Its better than most.

    Inzamam totally failed on selecting a batting unit. He doesn't realise Haris Sohail is not fazed by big matches, he has temperament and has performed in the past. Should have picked him.
    Sohail Khan for all his faults would give us more as compared to Riaz and Junaid, with both bat and ball.

    Why riaz is even in the conversation boggles me, he has been awful for some time, junaid is hit and miss. Imad also will have issues unless he adds some variation.


    Batting wise yes complete failure, however, don't mind Haris missing out. We know how long he has been out for, let's ease him back against Bangladesh and meanwhile let him smash more runs in domestic.


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  7. #167
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,414
    Mentioned
    4320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamza_ View Post
    This is terrible yaar.

    BTW @Mamoon There was a point raised about domestic selections and bringing up new players from the set up like Bangladesh. There is a bloke Sahibzada, 21 Years of age playing for Balochistan in Pakistan Cup who looks like a pretty good player, Saw him bat?
    No unfortunately I didn't. However, I have heard good things about him. As the other thread mentioned, The Revolutionary has completely devalued the tournament by not considering any of the performing players, and not holding the likes of Junaid etc. accountable for their insipid displays. On top of that, Azhar didn't even play in the tournament and he got the nod over the likes of Haris and Amin. Even Yamin didn't get the nod.
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 25th April 2017 at 20:57.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,414
    Mentioned
    4320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    You don't rate Fakhar, you don't rate Azhar, bhai aap kis ko rate kartein hai? Oh, I know, Umar Amin and Asad Shafiq.
    Forget Shafiq. Both Amin and Haris should have been considered over Azhar.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,721
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No unfortunately I didn't. However, I have heard good things about him. As the other thread mentioned, The Revolutionary has completely devalued the tournament by not considering any of the performing players, and not holding the likes of Junaid etc. accountable for their insipid displays. On top of that, Azhar didn't even play in the tournament and he got the nod over the likes of Haris and Amin. Even Yamin didn't get the nod.
    He will be batting tomorrow for Balochistan, Keep an eye on him and watch over if possible, He looks a fine prospect. Can cut and pull, Sweet timer against pace bowling.

    Also is good against spin, Has power game.

    Haris and Amin are unfortunate to miss out, Thanks to Inzi, Ideally Amin should be there to open.

  10. #170
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    6,239
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Extremely disappointing and clueless

  11. #171
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Forget Shafiq. Both Amin and Haris should have been considered over Azhar.
    Haris has just returned from injury and we cannot have half-fit players playing in England. Amin?


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  12. #172
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,414
    Mentioned
    4320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Haris has just returned from injury and we cannot have half-fit players playing in England. Amin?
    He completed his rehab and he is scoring runs. He is a quality player who has already shown that he has what it takes to do well in international cricket. He should have been selected. Amin has improved in the last couple of years and he played very well in the Pakistan Cup. He is capable of batting at a better SR than Azhar. A 30-40 at a healthy SR is better than Azhar tuk tuking his way to a 120 ball 80.

  13. #173
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He completed his rehab and he is scoring runs. He is a quality player who has already shown that he has what it takes to do well in international cricket. He should have been selected. Amin has improved in the last couple of years and he played very well in the Pakistan Cup. He is capable of batting at a better SR than Azhar. A 30-40 at a healthy SR is better than Azhar tuk tuking his way to a 120 ball 80.
    Yes, we all saw what happened the last time a TTF was selected because of his domestic bullying. Wait, I just remembered that you were one of Kamran's staunchest defenders. Now here you are wanting Amin, who averages 20 in ODI cricket, to replace him. Ha!

    We all wanted Haris to be selected, pretty sure Inzamam rates him very highly too so if he isn't in the squad, he's obviously not considered fit enough to play international cricket as of now. Completing you rehabilitation is one thing, gaining match-fitness is another. I would have hated for a half-fit Haris to fail in England and get axed for the foreseeable future. Let him keep scoring the runs and make a comeback after the CT.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  14. #174
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    72,414
    Mentioned
    4320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Yes, we all saw what happened the last time a TTF was selected because of his domestic bullying. Wait, I just remembered that you were one of Kamran's staunchest defenders. Now here you are wanting Amin, who averages 20 in ODI cricket, to replace him. Ha!

    We all wanted Haris to be selected, pretty sure Inzamam rates him very highly too so if he isn't in the squad, he's obviously not considered fit enough to play international cricket as of now. Completing you rehabilitation is one thing, gaining match-fitness is another. I would have hated for a half-fit Haris to fail in England and get axed for the foreseeable future. Let him keep scoring the runs and make a comeback after the CT.
    Kamran should not have been dropped for Azhar. He has more shots against pace bowling and the flat English pitches are more conductive to his stroke-playing than the slow Caribbean ones. Amin's averages at this stage doesn't mean much; he has only played a handful of ODIs and that too mostly in 2013. Azhar's 20 odd average in ODI cricket in the last two years is more alarming than Amin's 4-5 year old averages. In addition, Amin is at an age/stage where his learning curve is still high.

    Yes of course, Inzi the great human being is free from all sins. It is us, the mere mortals, who can err. He clearly didn't make a mistake by neglecting Haris, the most promising young batsman in the country alongside Babar.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    13,689
    Mentioned
    1126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Who were the Selectors who picked Zahid, Basit, Saqlain, Razzaq, Azhar, Shoaib & Yousuf ?


    @Saj @Strike Rate @WebGuru @Veteran @Junaids @the Great Khan


    Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

  16. #176
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    21,984
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Who were the Selectors who picked Zahid, Basit, Saqlain, Razzaq, Azhar, Shoaib & Yousuf ?


    @Saj @Strike Rate @WebGuru @Veteran @Junaids @the Great Khan
    Id have to check, razzaq got picked during tauqir zia's tenure. The rest I would have to check. In those days we werent to bothered who the selectors were because they would throw in some unknown youngster regularly. Plus no internet forums so no real places to discuss things like now. Although I remember getting into an argument with an indian about Inzi vs tendu in 1996 on AOL. lol..

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,328
    Mentioned
    1397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    With each squad there are 1 or 2 very suspicious selections.

    Selections that make you think what is going on.

    In the Champions Trophy squad - Fahim Ashraf, Umar Akmal and Azhar Ali.



  18. #178
    Debut
    Jun 2012
    Runs
    1,873
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems like too much politics in PCB, Inzi should retire if he cant make decision on his own...

  19. #179
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    566
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzi needs to be consistent. Once a boy selected will not be out without playing a game and once a decision made will stay on that.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    118
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Is inzamam the worst selector ever for pakistan?

    We have had few farce selectors in moin, haroon rashid etc; but is inzamam the worst of all
    Clearly he lacks the eye for a player, keeps selecting his friends and proven buffoons, so is he the worst of all time??

  21. #181
    Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    1,221
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah99 View Post
    We have had few farce selectors in moin, haroon rashid etc; but is inzamam the worst of all
    Clearly he lacks the eye for a player, keeps selecting his friends and proven buffoons, so is he the worst of all time??
    why every pcb chairman & selector is worst ever than its
    predecessor ?��


    To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.
    -Bruce Lee

  22. #182
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,679
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    so how do we rate him now?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  23. #183
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,135
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    so how do we rate him now?
    mostly very good but with some very bad decisions

  24. #184
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    632
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    so how do we rate him now?
    He's the best selector we've had so far.

  25. #185
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    626
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The designation of the "Revolutionary" by some on here is well merited.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    18,588
    Mentioned
    7299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    He usually gets it right, obviously nobody is perfect and he has made some questionable calls. But overall he's done pretty well and introduced quite a few young players. Credit where credit's due.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,635
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Better than some of the numpties we had in the past ("Pakistan mein talent hi nahi hai" )


    But.... his nepotistic selections and constant backing of TTFs like Shehzad and Akmals cannot be ignored.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  28. #188
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,670
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Better than some of the numpties we had in the past ("Pakistan mein talent hi nahi hai" )


    But.... his nepotistic selections and constant backing of TTFs like Shehzad and Akmals cannot be ignored.
    Yes cannot believe Inzy selected Shehzad and Akmal brothers in the Test squad for England.

  29. #189
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, thanks to Allah. Boys playing well.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Feb 2018
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    355
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor, who doesn't understand statistics.

  31. #191
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,010
    Mentioned
    274 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has made some good decisions and some very questionable. Being our greatest selector every is hardly an achievement as most of our selectors have been rubbish. So Inzi didn't have to do much to be better than them.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,679
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imam leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    707
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very happy with him, can't recall a time like this where I've had so few selection complaints. Heading in the right direction.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    33,851
    Mentioned
    2534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Very good squad, this. Good stuff from Inzi.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  35. #195
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    16,135
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    dont remember the last time 4 openers were selected in a test squad and one of the opener selected happens to be chief selector's nephew

  36. #196
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    373
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have lost almost all respect for inzi for choosing his nephew over Fawad .. I would rather have Bazid Khan as CS as he is 10 times better judge of a player.. the word merit is meaningless for inzi

  37. #197
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Glasgow/Scotland
    Runs
    373
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does any1 here know if inzi has attended a first class game since coming to power?

  38. #198
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when were you ever HAPPY with ALL the players in a Pakistan Squad? - Never!

    That's right, we, are never happy with the squad that gets announced regardless of who is the chief selector. Every time we find at least ONE name in the list that we have a problem with.

    Some examples:

    - Iqbal Qasim: CT 2013 :
    - Afridi was dropped --> 100s of PP posters were outraged
    - Shafiq and Farhat picked --> 100 of PP posters were outraged (including myself)

    RESULT: Lost CT in 1st Round

    Moin Khan: WC 2015:
    - Another terrible squad with a bunch of TTFs and oldies
    - Younis Khan --> 100 of PP posters were outraged (including myself)
    - Maqsood --> Was picked depite not fully recovered from an injury
    - Hafeez --> Was banned from bowling but picked in the squad depsite the ban!

    RESULT: Lost QF vs Aus

    Haroon Rasheed - 2016 Asia Cup & T20 WC:
    - Picked Khurram Manzoor who had never played T20I before that
    - Shahzad & Gul were dropped --> And several PP posters were angry about that!

    RESULT: Lost vs Ind AND Bangladesh (Did not reach Finals)

    The point is: You can never be always 100% satisfied with the squad that is selected, and same is the case with Inzi.

    But where Inzi has done better than his predecessors is:

    - Worked closely with Mickey and bought into the culture of "Fitness"
    - Brought in the most youngsters (Hassan, Shadab, Faheem, Fakhar) and gave them consistent chances.
    - Finally getting rid of the TTFs & Trouble-makers (slowly but surely) (Hafeez, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Shahzad [in tests and ODIs], Wahab, Tanvir)
    - RESULTS: 2-2 Draw vs Eng, Winning CT

    Overall there has been an aura of optimism after a long time around the PCT...and I am not saying it is only because of Inzi...but i feel it is because of the TEAM EFFORT of Inzi + Mickey + Sarfaraz + PCB + Players --- After a LONG time everyone is aiming and heading in the right direction without any 'rumors' of internal politics or groupping.

    (Recall instances when there were open disagreements between Coach and Chief Selectors / Coach and Captain / Chief Selector and Captain)....Now you don't hear that and that means finally..FINALLY..everyone is working as a TEAM with no hidden / personal agendas and when that happens it means everyone wants the betterment of PCT.

    So overall, yes, there are some areas of improvement -- no-one is perfect -- but I am very happy with Inzi and the way he has collaborated with Mickey / Sarfaraz / Sethi etc. to form a high performance culture and gotten rid of some TTFs and Troublemakers and INVESTED IN YOUTH

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    31,635
    Mentioned
    1336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Yes cannot believe Inzy selected Shehzad and Akmal brothers in the Test squad for England.
    Glad you ignored the "nepotistic selections" part of my post.


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  40. #200
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,670
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    when were you ever HAPPY with ALL the players in a Pakistan Squad? - Never!

    That's right, we, are never happy with the squad that gets announced regardless of who is the chief selector. Every time we find at least ONE name in the list that we have a problem with.

    Some examples:

    - Iqbal Qasim: CT 2013 :
    - Afridi was dropped --> 100s of PP posters were outraged
    - Shafiq and Farhat picked --> 100 of PP posters were outraged (including myself)

    RESULT: Lost CT in 1st Round

    Moin Khan: WC 2015:
    - Another terrible squad with a bunch of TTFs and oldies
    - Younis Khan --> 100 of PP posters were outraged (including myself)
    - Maqsood --> Was picked depite not fully recovered from an injury
    - Hafeez --> Was banned from bowling but picked in the squad depsite the ban!

    RESULT: Lost QF vs Aus

    Haroon Rasheed - 2016 Asia Cup & T20 WC:
    - Picked Khurram Manzoor who had never played T20I before that
    - Shahzad & Gul were dropped --> And several PP posters were angry about that!

    RESULT: Lost vs Ind AND Bangladesh (Did not reach Finals)

    The point is: You can never be always 100% satisfied with the squad that is selected, and same is the case with Inzi.

    But where Inzi has done better than his predecessors is:

    - Worked closely with Mickey and bought into the culture of "Fitness"
    - Brought in the most youngsters (Hassan, Shadab, Faheem, Fakhar) and gave them consistent chances.
    - Finally getting rid of the TTFs & Trouble-makers (slowly but surely) (Hafeez, Umar Akmal, Kamran Akmal, Shahzad [in tests and ODIs], Wahab, Tanvir)
    - RESULTS: 2-2 Draw vs Eng, Winning CT

    Overall there has been an aura of optimism after a long time around the PCT...and I am not saying it is only because of Inzi...but i feel it is because of the TEAM EFFORT of Inzi + Mickey + Sarfaraz + PCB + Players --- After a LONG time everyone is aiming and heading in the right direction without any 'rumors' of internal politics or groupping.

    (Recall instances when there were open disagreements between Coach and Chief Selectors / Coach and Captain / Chief Selector and Captain)....Now you don't hear that and that means finally..FINALLY..everyone is working as a TEAM with no hidden / personal agendas and when that happens it means everyone wants the betterment of PCT.

    So overall, yes, there are some areas of improvement -- no-one is perfect -- but I am very happy with Inzi and the way he has collaborated with Mickey / Sarfaraz / Sethi etc. to form a high performance culture and gotten rid of some TTFs and Troublemakers and INVESTED IN YOUTH
    Brilliant post. Arthur-Sarfraz-Inzamam combo needs to be persisted with. It wasn't long since we had the likes of Haroon Rasheed and Iqbal Qasim whose selection policies were incoherent, short termist and oversaw one bad result after another. Do these critics want a return to those days ?

  41. #201
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    68,328
    Mentioned
    1397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    One or two questionable decisions but by and large he has done well I think.

    Picking Faheem Ashraf for example was a great call by Inzi.



  42. #202
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    178
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    One or two questionable decisions but by and large he has done well I think.

    Picking Faheem Ashraf for example was a great call by Inzi.

    Faheem Ashraf is an okay selection but he really needs to work on his batting, right now hes a test no 9 in most teams

    Ammer Yamin should have been in squad perhaps, his batting is good and in these conditions would have been useful.

    He screwed up by dropping Fawad again, Imam didnt deserve his chance this early, I know he scored in first class but I still consider this a nepotism selection

  43. #203
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    One or two questionable decisions but by and large he has done well I think.

    Picking Faheem Ashraf for example was a great call by Inzi.
    I am glad you agree. Some posters here are very very critical of him - which i think is a bit unfair.

    We are a lot better off with Inzi compared to whoever we had in past (Iqbal Qasim, Haroon Rasheed, etc.)

  44. #204
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    18,358
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    barring imam ul haq, and the unnecessary recalls for the akmals or shehzads.. he has been fine.

  45. #205
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Imam leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.
    Someone who averaged 50 with three centuries in the QEA trophy leaves a bad taste in your mouth? Kyun bhai? Criticizing his LOI selection might have been warranted but Imam is a fine test player.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirpur express View Post
    I have lost almost all respect for inzi for choosing his nephew over Fawad .. I would rather have Bazid Khan as CS as he is 10 times better judge of a player.. the word merit is meaningless for inzi
    His nephew is an opener, aged undee 25 and averaged 50 in the 2016/17 QEA trophy. Fawad is not an opener and is what? 35? Get over him, he wasn't the Pakistani Lara, lol.

    Babar, Haris, Usman, Saad and Shafiq are enough for the three middle-order spots.

    People need to start supporting Pakistan instead of players from their city/village/family.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,679
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Someone who averaged 50 with three centuries in the QEA trophy leaves a bad taste in your mouth? Kyun bhai? Criticizing his LOI selection might have been warranted but Imam is a fine test player.
    Bhai I was mainly talking about LOI. That’s my only complaint with Inzi alongside the continual persistence with Ahmed Shehzad.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Runs
    276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by babajee View Post
    Bhai I was mainly talking about LOI. That’s my only complaint with Inzi alongside the continual persistence with Ahmed Shehzad.
    Babajee are you always critical in all your assessments or do you ever appreciate the good things? E.g Maybe appreciate Inzi for the good decisions he has made.. Like...
    - No Wahab, Hafeez, Shahzad in the squad
    - No Akmals
    - injecting young blood for a key tour (Saad Ali, Usman, Faheem, etc) that will only inspire and improve the youngsters performance in future.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    4,679
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketingMinds View Post
    Babajee are you always critical in all your assessments or do you ever appreciate the good things? E.g Maybe appreciate Inzi for the good decisions he has made.. Like...
    - No Wahab, Hafeez, Shahzad in the squad
    - No Akmals
    - injecting young blood for a key tour (Saad Ali, Usman, Faheem, etc) that will only inspire and improve the youngsters performance in future.
    Inzi is the best selector in the world. That doesn’t mean he is above criticism though.

  49. #209
    Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    89,679
    Mentioned
    1560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    So we still feel critical of Inzis selection of his nephew?


    For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  50. #210
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzamam, Basit Ali and Saeed Anwar were my most favorite players in the Pakistan Team. He did'nt win many matches but played lot of innings to take Pakistan close to victory. Player with an awesome technique and treat to watch.

    Unfortunately his stint as selector has literally destroyed that great memory and legacy.

    He became chief selector in 2016, he by far has been the most biased, shameless, nepotistic and pathetic selector in recent past.

    Adhoc PCB in its 15 year history has always found better turncoats for this position before him so he has lived upto that reputation.

    Being a batsman himself Inzamam has not only intentionally failed to build the batting department but solidified the few less-talented TTFs and personal favorites in the domestic setup. ITs because of him Ahmed Shezad and Akmals are continuing to play despite their useless technique and awful attitude.

    Inzamam has made sure no youngster is looked for contention outside PSL. He has intentionally ignored young players to favor his few loved ones [Shehzad, Malik, Akmals,etc..] and his nephew Imam Haq. Quietly his son was selected in U 16 team.

    Inzamam has played with Mickey Arthur the most.
    In order to get his family member or friendselected, Inzamam selected out of form or worse technique player bound to fail on a tour and pushed in his nephew as alternative.

    Inzamam should've been fired when he sent unfit Umar Akmal after a bogus fitness test to UK for CT 2017.
    Whatever goodwill and adulation he got as a player he has ruined it all by being corrupt nepotistic mafioso selector.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,333
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzamam ul haq is a great un biased selector. After lord's test win he is due much needed credit and for selecting winners like Imam, faheem, shadab, hasan and Fakhar. For his selections I would give him a 9/10.

  52. #212
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey Arthur and PSL have made Inzy look good however I will give him credit if he replaces Rahat Ali and Sami Aslam from the squad to more worthy players in the next test series. The selection of the former (who hasn't played much FC cricket in Pakistan for a long while) shows his capability.

    This reminds me when Luis Suarez was in prolific form for Liverpool, there was also a lot of credit being given to Brendan Rogers. Once his main star had left his side, he was exposed and it was at that point when they realised he was a poor coach and Suarez had made him look good.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    3,268
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
    Mickey Arthur and PSL have made Inzy look good however I will give him credit if he replaces Rahat Ali and Sami Aslam from the squad to more worthy players in the next test series. The selection of the former (who hasn't played much FC cricket in Pakistan for a long while) shows his capability.

    This reminds me when Luis Suarez was in prolific form for Liverpool, there was also a lot of credit being given to Brendan Rogers. Once his main star had left his side, he was exposed and it was at that point when they realised he was a poor coach and Suarez had made him look good.
    You have to give credit where its due. Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Abbas and Imam Ul Haq, all of them have been selected without the PSL performances.

    People were critical of Imam but he has shown everyone that he has got a pretty solid game. Same is the case of Faheem and his selection in tests. There is something called good eye for talent and Inzi has got that, might not be the best but better than having selectors with no eyes as we have seen for over the last decade or so.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    9,141
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference between Inzi and others is that he doesn't rely on stats but instead wants to have a look at the players himself. A good QEAT only means that you get invited to the training camp.

    It got him a lot of hate esp from Fawad fans but it also got Pakistan some talented players in who did not have GOAT averages in QEAT.

    Imam for example was always known to have a decent batting technique but he was not ready according to Inzi. He deemed him ready now and Pak needed someone like that on the tour of UK. So instead of going for QEAT champions he picked Imam. That's how Inzi works.


    "You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

  55. #215
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,670
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
    Mickey Arthur and PSL have made Inzy look good however I will give him credit if he replaces Rahat Ali and Sami Aslam from the squad to more worthy players in the next test series. The selection of the former (who hasn't played much FC cricket in Pakistan for a long while) shows his capability.

    This reminds me when Luis Suarez was in prolific form for Liverpool, there was also a lot of credit being given to Brendan Rogers. Once his main star had left his side, he was exposed and it was at that point when they realised he was a poor coach and Suarez had made him look good.
    I don't think that's fair and a bit of myth. You remove a player of Suarez's extraordinary quality and any manager would have struggled - especially when you don't get your desired replacements.

    Remember Suarez had not hit the same form in previous seasons under Dalglish. He even mentions in his book how BR was instrumental to his success as before 2013-14 he was very wasteful in front of goal.

    It's true PSL has helped identify young talent but every other selector in the world has the same advantage - Indian selectors have IPL, Australians have Big Bash etc. All its done is give us a level playing field as now our youngsters can learn from top players from around the world.

    However, if you look at the A team tours to England and Zimbabwe in 2016 - Shadab Khan and Fakhar Zaman were part of the squad so the selectors were grooming them BEFORE PSL. Faheem Ashraf has been part of squads and camps before PSL too.

    Mohammad Abbas and Usman Salahuddin are not PSL products either.

    Haris Sohail under other Chief Selectors may have been totally forgotten after his long injury layoff, but was recalled as soon as he was fit. That's not to say Inzamam hasn't made mistakes but his consistency in selection, avoiding excess chopping and changing and inclusion of young talent as well as rewarding top domestic performers has made him a breath of fresh air.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    26,291
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    A thankless job the Chief Selectors. When the team looses he gets all the flak, when the reaps of his selections start bearing fruit he gets no real credit which the captain and coach conveniently steal.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    21,984
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    no doubt one of our best selection committees..remember inzi isnt alone..he gets input from mickey and others..

  58. #218
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    3,333
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who say Psl makes Inzi job easier need to realise it's also a risk selecting Psl products and T20 players for test cricket and very brave. Shadab, Fakhar and faheem wouldn't be selected by any other chief selector. Inzi deserves credit.
    Also it's a great he's took Fakhar to England considering world cup next year so he can get much needed practice

  59. #219
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    11,051
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Credit to him for picking youth!

  60. #220
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,216
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    His UK/Irish squad was very good - only change could have been Rahat (But Wahab doesn't make sense either, and Sadaf in unknown). One blemish was to carry only one WK, but that's understandable. Now, he should be bold enough to trim the side from the burden of experience - Sarfraz should be only over 30 player to Next WC squad.

  61. #221
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    You have to give credit where its due. Faheem Ashraf, Mohammad Abbas and Imam Ul Haq, all of them have been selected without the PSL performances.

    People were critical of Imam but he has shown everyone that he has got a pretty solid game. Same is the case of Faheem and his selection in tests. There is something called good eye for talent and Inzi has got that, might not be the best but better than having selectors with no eyes as we have seen for over the last decade or so.
    These have been excellent selections by Inzy no doubt but when I see him pass Umar Akmal fit without conducting a proper fitness test, recalling Rahat Ali (just from PSL form), picking Sami Aslam in the England 2016 ODI series (over one Edgbaston test) along with Gul as well for the same matches on the basis of reputation and recalling Ahmed Shehzad in all formats (before he was dropped from the test squad) then I will continue to have major concerns. Selection of 3 promising players does not compensate for these blunders - bare in mind some of these are really bad like with Umar Akmal and Rahat Ali.

    When Inzy was captain he had a phobia of testing out new and younger players, where I believe only as 4 debuted under his tenure as captain. It was only until Sarfraz was made captain in tests we began to see the emergence of new blood because as we know he and Mickey Arthur back untested talent, whereas with Misbah this was the opposite.

    Problem here is everyone is giving more credit towards Inzy as a selector who has played a peripheral role in contrast to Sarfraz and Mickey with their leadership and coaching roles respectively.
    Last edited by ArsenalFC; Yesterday at 17:51.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    I don't think that's fair and a bit of myth. You remove a player of Suarez's extraordinary quality and any manager would have struggled - especially when you don't get your desired replacements.

    Remember Suarez had not hit the same form in previous seasons under Dalglish. He even mentions in his book how BR was instrumental to his success as before 2013-14 he was very wasteful in front of goal.

    It's true PSL has helped identify young talent but every other selector in the world has the same advantage - Indian selectors have IPL, Australians have Big Bash etc. All its done is give us a level playing field as now our youngsters can learn from top players from around the world.

    However, if you look at the A team tours to England and Zimbabwe in 2016 - Shadab Khan and Fakhar Zaman were part of the squad so the selectors were grooming them BEFORE PSL. Faheem Ashraf has been part of squads and camps before PSL too.

    Mohammad Abbas and Usman Salahuddin are not PSL products either.

    Haris Sohail under other Chief Selectors may have been totally forgotten after his long injury layoff, but was recalled as soon as he was fit. That's not to say Inzamam hasn't made mistakes but his consistency in selection, avoiding excess chopping and changing and inclusion of young talent as well as rewarding top domestic performers has made him a breath of fresh air.
    Most Liverpool fans were crying for him to be sacked, they had enough of him. He wasn't good enough to coach a champions league side. His successor Klopp managed to get Liverpool in the top 4 (without Salah). Quite a few pundits such as Ian Wright have also said Suarez made him look better than what he was. He's another David Moyes otherwise he wouldn't be coaching Celtic, who would struggle to make it in the top half of the prem.

  63. #223
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalFC View Post
    These have been excellent selections by Inzy no doubt but when I see him pass Umar Akmal fit without conducting a proper fitness test, recalling Rahat Ali (just from PSL form), picking Sami Aslam in the England 2016 ODI series (over one Edgbaston test) along with Gul as well for the same matches on the basis of reputation and recalling Ahmed Shehzad in all formats (before he was dropped from the test squad) then I will continue to have major concerns. Selection of 3 promising players does not compensate for these blunders - bare in mind some of these are really bad like with Umar Akmal and Rahat Ali.

    When Inzy was captain he had a phobia of testing out new and younger players, where I believe only as 4 debuted under his tenure as captain. It was only until Sarfraz was made captain in tests we began to see the emergence of new blood because as we know he and Mickey Arthur back untested talent, whereas with Misbah this was the opposite.

    Problem here is everyone is giving more credit towards Inzy as a selector who has played a peripheral role in contrast to Sarfraz and Mickey with their leadership and coaching roles respectively.
    @Markhor in re: Inzy

  64. #224
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The wailing aunties will continue to lament but looks like everyone else realizes what a great job Inzamam ul Haq has done, MashAllah.

    I hope the PCB learns from this and appoints former greats in mentoring and coaching roles from here on out as well. A great player can see beyond the spreadsheets and spot the gold amidst all the coal.

    A few mistakes are only expected but by and large, he has fixed our teams.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    28,247
    Mentioned
    902 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    no doubt one of our best selection committees..remember inzi isnt alone..he gets input from mickey and others..
    The other guys deserves credit for selecting Imam. Inzamam does not make the call on Imam which is just another evidence of his integrity.

  66. #226
    Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though I have my doubts with Inzy, we will have a better idea by next year in the world cup. If Pakistan makes semis then I'll be the first to admit he's turned things around. There is no doubting that he has made some atrocious mistakes and if I remember correctly last year up until the India defeat at Edbaston in the CT, nearly everyone on here had bad things to say about him.

    The bottom line is too many on here are giving him more credit than he deserves and are neglecting the change in cricketing culture with backing of youth and given them the freedom to express themselves etc etc was because Mickey Arthur and Sarfraz. Inzy has to act according to their best interests but even then he goes the opposite way when he picks Rahat for a test series after a few good PSL games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •