Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Imran Khan under fire for derogatory comments about PSL foreign players

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan was at the receiving end on Monday after a video surfaced in which the party leader made derogatory comments about international players who attended the Pakistan Super League (PSL) final in Lahore.

In what seems to be an internal party meeting, Khan is seen branding international players who came for the PSL final as ‘phateechar’.

“I don’t even know the name of any of these so-called foreign players. It seems they just picked up players from wherever. Picked some from Africa and called them foreign players,” said Khan.

The video quickly went viral on social media where the PTI chief was heavily censured for using ‘vile’ and ‘racist’ language against foreign players, such as Darren Sammy who helped make the event a success.

Minutes after Punjab government announced holding the Pakistan Super League final in Lahore on March 5, Khan opposed the decision, terming it “madness”.

“God forbid, if any blast takes place in Lahore, there will be no cricket in Pakistan in the next 10 years,” he told a private news channel.

“This is madness considering the situation here” he said, referring to the series of bomb blasts which rocked Pakistan. “What’s the point of holding the PSL final in Lahore? It isn’t even an international match.”

The PTI leader added, “In my view, it is a terrible idea. We want to hold this match by calling in army and blocking roads and there will be high security. This will not send a good message.”

The decision to play the final fixture in the Punjab capital was put on a hold following a string of bomb blasts and suicide attacks hit the country, particularly Lahore, killing over 100 people.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1348011...n-psl-players/
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 7th March 2017 at 13:38.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shame on Imran Khan. His vile personality has been exposed

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah that was a pretty bad comment.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shame shame shame ........ pathetic,,, this man has gone mad...... just for petty political gains this man has lost his senses......... should hav kept politics away atleast should hav thought dat he was a great cricketer a role model for millions....... for the first time a hav no respect for him zero zero...... such a pathetic man .... shame on u imran.....

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was mocking the final and in Mazak-Mazak he got carried away there.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Poor stuff from IK.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    not the first time he has shown his racism.
    Racism? What did he say that was racist?

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This was a comment in bad taste but I'd still take a mad man over a thief any single day of the week.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    they hav been dropped from the AFRICA......
    wat more do u need....... this is a national shame...... helllll with thus guy..... he has a world wide following and these statements will surely give a very bad message..... shame IMRAN shame

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    "It seems they just picked up players from wherever. Picked some from Africa and called them foreign players."

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uman Naq View Post
    wat more do u need....... this is a national shame...... helllll with thus guy..... he has a world wide following and these statements will surely give a very bad message..... shame IMRAN shame
    Please tell me which country Morne Van Wyk is from and was he a house hold name before participating in the PSL?

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    This was a comment in bad taste but I'd still take a mad man over a thief any single day of the week.
    this is not abt who is theif or who is mad....... it is abt the message this video gives to foreigners..... Pakistanis are praised for their hospitality and this is wat sammy said but this man has just dud a ridiculous thing..... .Shame IMRAN......sorry but this is never justified

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't understand what is racist about it/

PSL final did feature some from Africa. He was mocking the quality of players.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Funny how one bad comment brings out all the hate against Imran and statements of Shame Shame... but years of lying and deceit by Nooras doesn't get any reaction.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is not abt who is theif or who is mad....... it is abt the message this video gives to foreigners..... Pakistanis are praised for their hospitality and this is wat sammy said but this man has just dud a ridiculous thing..... .Shame IMRAN......sorry but this is never justified
    This was not an official statement, this was a hansi mazaq comment with the journalists which was released by one low life GEO reporter (no surprises there). The comment should never have been made but you are taking it far too seriously.

Debut
    Sep 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone has earned the right to judge a cricketer phateechar, it's IK, nuff said move on.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me which country Morne Van Wyk is from and was he a house hold name before participating in the PSL?
    please dont justify his comments please..... I am frm kashmir and a mad fan of IK but this is way too embrassing this is ridiculous. ........ sorry but he has lost allllll my respect.... shame on imran.......
    Last edited by UN talkz; 7th March 2017 at 14:00.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    please dont justify his comments please..... I am frm kashmir and a mad fan of IK but thus way too embrassing thus is ridiculous. ........ sorry but he has lost allllll my respect
    Not justifying, in fact I was one of the first ones on this thread that said it was a bad comment.

Ok you can lose all respect for him that is your choice.

I will instead chose to dismiss this as a minor transgression of a person who is financially absolutely clean, has won us a WC, was one of the premier alrounders to ever play the game, built world-class cancer hospitals in three Pakistani cities, built an international standard university and is struggling against corruption in Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not justifying, in fact I was one of the first ones on this thread that said it was a bad comment.

Ok you can lose all respect for him that is your choice.

I will instead chose to dismiss this as a minor transgression of a person who is financially absolutely clean, has won us a WC, was one of the premier alrounders to ever play the game, built world-class cancer hospitals in three Pakistani cities, built an international standard university and is struggling against corruption in Pakistan.
    not taking away wat he has done but this is abt wat he is doing first talked abt blasts that too on twitter whr he has following of millions it surely got into the minds of foreigners...... kp also pointed towards same........ this is something he is doing only and only for petty political gains....... here in kashmir u cant just imagine how much people love IK .... people still copy his hair styles....lot of young pacers copy his action...but this psl final and aftermath comments hav left a very bad taste for IK among the kashmiris...... I am telling this afyer seeing people's reaction to all this........ IK surely has broken hearts of KASHMIRIS. ... sorry this is shameful very very shameful indeed.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    not taking away wat he has done but this is abt wat he is doing first talked abt blasts that too on twitter whr he has following of millions it surely got into the minds of foreigners...... kp also pointed towards same........ this is something he is doing only and only for petty political gains....... here in kashmir u cant just imagine how much people love IK .... people still copy his hair styles....lot of young pacers copy his action...but this psl final and aftermath comments hav left a very bad taste for IK among the kashmiris...... I am telling this afyer seeing people's reaction to all this........ IK surely has broken hearts of KASHMIRIS. ... sorry this is shameful very very shameful indeed.
    That was fake news.

See here.

Agree with the general argument, though. He shouldn't have made these comments.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit over the top don't you think?

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    awful. sometimes IK completely loses the plot and this was one of those occasions. in his attempt to degrade his opponents he should know what might comeback to haunt him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "This business that it's 'up to Misbah' whether he wants to play or not – that's rubbish - it's up to the selectors," Chappell said.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    awful. sometimes IK completely loses the plot and this was one of those occasions. in his attempt to degrade his opponents he should know what might comeback to haunt him.
    He probably wouldn't have made these comments in public but someone of his stature should avoid such things completely.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    He probably wouldn't have made these comments in public but someone of his stature should avoid such things completely.
    exactly.... this is truth..... IK has said this........ it matters a hell lot

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    he is not that smart to know this

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srh View Post
    he is not that smart to know this
    I'll take a dumb man over a thief any day of the week.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry man I am damn serious
    I'm just suggesting you drink a glass of water and calm your nerves.

When you elevate people to Hero status then you're often left disappointed when they do or say something that is wrong.

He's human and human beings are fallible. So just a take breath and lower your expectations.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he said THEY HAV BROUGHT THEM FROM AFRICA AND CALLED THEM AS FOREIGNERS again again CALLED THEM AS FOREIGNERS. ......... this is way tooo embarrassing way toooo......AFRICANS gonna hate IK for this.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Whether said in jist or any time, not great from IK
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 7th March 2017 at 17:58.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's not wrong in saying the quality of foreign players were very low. It seemed as though Sethi wanted foreigners for show purposes instead of looking at the quality of there game. The one's in Sarfraz's team looked past it. Like you had a uncle with white hair opening the batting line-up. He could rarely time the ball. For what puposes did you need to force both teams to have foreign players? If the original ones never went there was no need for that.

I think this is what Imran Khan tried to say. Which is not wrong.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sick racist mentality. Disguised gentleman whose heart is dark.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Sep 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran khan with foot and mouth disease.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Yi gov galat.

One man's absurd comment doesn't question the hospitality of Pakistanis.

On topic this is shocking for me as a fan of Imran khan. Never thought he would say such a thing. I think he went a step too far.
    aaaa a kashmiri here man GREAT salaam bozev
    ..... jinaaab ok just tell me dont u think KASHMIRIS hav lost respect for IK bcz of these comments.... u feel so I feel so and so do KASHMIRIS

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's good to think about situations and form your own opinions. Speaking with an opposing argument every time against your enemy can get bland if the statement is illogical.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    From day 1 he was bitter about this whole thing, and was only against it because PCB/Sethi pulled this unbelievable thing off.

First, he was like "whole PSL should be in Pak".

Then, when they pulled it off, "it's madness!" - this unleashed the blind followers on social media, defending this to teeth.

And then he in bitter taste congratulated everyone and wished us good after it was held.

Just two days later, his 'andar ki' kaifiyat is out again. Calling the most respected and well esteemed foreign players who risked it all as "phateechar".

Height of tamasha and jealousy! You're calling Viv Richards, Dean Jones, Sammy, Samuels, Jordan phateechar?

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aaaa a kashmiri here man GREAT salaam bozev
    ..... jinaaab ok just tell me dont u think KASHMIRIS hav lost respect for IK bcz of these comments.... u feel so I feel so and so do KASHMIRIS
    W/salaam jenab. Ahansa yeti che waria kaeshir.

About IK, I think it was a poor comment and he went too far. He should have thought before opening his mouth and spewing such vile things. Especially when he is trying to make a career in which he has to address people all the time.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Surrey
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unwise comments by Imran very unwise comments by IK even if most of the foreign players that attended the final were not A-list

Moral for Imran: 'Think before you speak and....Somethings are better left unsaid'

Even if he felt like saying something, 'ordinary' would have been a better word. Use of the word 'Africa' was offensive too

As unacceptable as Imran's comments are, can someone tell me why the final failed to live up to it's billing (I mean the game itself, not the ceremony or the arrangements)

People are also exaggerating a bit on social media. IK did not mention anyone by name. He said something like apart from 1 or 2 players he could not remember the names of the rest of the so-called foreign players who were picked for the final.

IK should realise that being in opposition does not mean always opposing and criticising the government. Criticism for the sake of criticism is not politics.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Imran Khan under fire for derogatory comments about PSL foreign players

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    From day 1 he was bitter about this whole thing, and was only against it because PCB/Sethi pulled this unbelievable thing off.

First, he was like "whole PSL should be in Pak".

Then, when they pulled it off, "it's madness!" - this unleashed the blind followers on social media, defending this to teeth.

And then he in bitter taste congratulated everyone and wished us good after it was held.

Just two days later, his 'andar ki' kaifiyat is out again. Calling the most respected and well esteemed foreign players who risked it all as "phateechar".

Height of tamasha and jealousy! You're calling Viv Richards, Dean Jones, Sammy, Samuels, Jordan phateechar?
    There was once a man who was asked his age by someone, he told him it´s 38. A couple of years after the same man asked him again, he again replied "38". Four years after the reply was the same to the same man. When asked about how it´s even possible, he replied, "Possible or not, once I say something, it stays that way forever."

Imran´s case is the same here. He´d already expressed his bitterness at it and once the final was hosted successfully with peace, he could´ve decided to stay quiet on the issue, but no... Once he´d made his mind to oppose the hosting of the final, then that was that!

I´ve no idea why the guy would score an own goal like that! Being one of the most influential political leaders of the country, he should´ve shown a bit more responsibility. I´m sure even some of the bigwigs of his own party would be deep down disagreeing with his stubborn statement.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Imran is bitter and these are some disgusting comments, I think the political involvements are driving him mad.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the legendary quote

saur dee bachay hain saray-Ijazz Butt

This was not an official statement, this was a hansi mazaq comment with the journalists which was released by one low life GEO reporter (no surprises there). The comment should never have been made but you are taking it far too seriously.
    Ijazz Butt also made hansi mazaq comments, but everyone bashed him for it.

WHat Imran said was totally wrong.

Guy is angry that PMLN did something good.

At first he said if he was the leader he would had bought the whole psl to Pakistan, then the final is about to takes place, this guy comes and says no the final shouldn't happen, and now after a safe final happens, he comes up with this.

Sadly, Imran has turned into a typical Pakistani politician, who will do anything to take credit away from others.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally unacceptable for Imran Khan to make such comments. He should apologize for it.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salman View Post
    If anyone has earned the right to judge a cricketer phateechar, it's IK, nuff said move on.
    ok then.

lets hope Imran doesn't take back his words due to embarrassment

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Needs to keep a lid on it sometimes.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He should be given a chance to clarify him comments however it seems he is saying that Africans do not qualify as being real foreign players because they're not white. Ironically the only player from Africa was Ervine who is white but I guess Imran didn't know this as to him the players were nobodies.

Has Khan not made some questionable comments about skin colour/Africans in the past? Making fun of some MQM dude just because the man in question wasn't the most fair skinned bloke in the world?

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    He should be given a chance to clarify him comments however it seems he is saying that Africans do not qualify as being real foreign players because they're not white. Ironically the only player from Africa was Ervine who is white but I guess Imran didn't know this as to him the players were nobodies.

Has Khan not made some questionable comments about skin colour/Africans in the past? Making fun of some MQM dude just because the man in question wasn't the most fair skinned bloke in the world?
    He should apologise really. Poor choice of words.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Guys, can we please keep this thread related to the topic?

Plenty of threads available in the Timepass section for PTI v PMLN 'debates'.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A snap shot of all the political discussions in Pakistan today:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1771
Size:  459.6 KB

All the shows with the red boxes discussed the "pateechar" comment for their entire length. One statement can garner this much hate but years of looting, plundering, murdering, raping and abrogating the laws of the land goes unnoticed. Mashallah.

Is mulk ka Allah hi hafiz hai bhai.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    lol, people making a mountain out of a molehill.

He didn't say anything racist. He said nothing about Sammy.

He was clearly talking about the no-name foreign players they got for Quetta. The one specifically being Morne van Wyk who had the smallest contribution possible in a match. He clearly wasn't referring to Samels, Sammy or others.

Sethi and Noora held the final in Lahore. Great. But lets not turn a blind eye. The compromised their own tournament (and them too for political reasons). I think there will be a lot more people making fun of the way final was played.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a guy who studied at Oxford or is it Cambridge...Imran Khan comes up with these statements that really makes you wonder.

I still remember his theories about why Pakistani bowlers were faster because they are from the mountains and were made of a different blood and bones or something of that nature

I think lot of fans ate up those theories as well.

However I am not really surprised by this

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    For a guy who studied at Oxford or is it Cambridge...Imran Khan comes up with these statements that really makes you wonder.

I still remember his theories about why Pakistani bowlers were faster because they are from the mountains and were made of a different blood and bones or something of that nature

I think lot of fans ate up those theories as well.

However I am not really surprised by this
    I have already emphasized that his comment was in bad taste, however, regarding your other point, it is a scientific fact that if you live in oxygen deficient locations (such as tall mountains) then your red blood cell count is substantially higher than people living near sea level and therefore it allows you to run longer and faster in lower lying areas.

Maybe you should have lapped it up too.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't say anything about Darren. Probably he meant replacement players of QG.

He didn't say anything racist. He might be wrong in his evaluation regarding players but not racist.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I hope he realizes that as potential future Prime Minister of the country he will have to deal with many countries on a level footing, including those in Africa.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

His comment was more about players like Morne Van Wyk who hailed from South Africa and are nowhere near international standard, but portrayed as some A-list foreigners by Sethi and company.

The Noora media army has successfully managed to make it seem like his comments were against the likes of Sammy and company.

That being said he should have just kept his mouth shut.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    apparently it was off the record conversation with journalists of Pakistan Supreme Court Press Association of which one journalist Iffat Hasan Rizvi of Neo news made it public. Pakistan Supreme Court Press Association may take action against the said journalist.
    @Syed1 is this true? If true then now you cannot even trust the journalists

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have already emphasized that his comment was in bad taste, however, regarding your other point, it is a scientific fact that if you live in oxygen deficient locations (such as tall mountains) then your red blood cell count is substantially higher than people living near sea level and therefore it allows you to run longer and faster in lower lying areas.

How many medals have these mountain men won in olympics? ok now you will say it is because of mismanagement in South Asia,by that logic then Athletes from Switzerland etc should win tons of athletic medals right?

Sure genes matter but that is just over simplifying things. Those are not things an educated man should be talking about. what next he is going to say things like drinking rose milk during pregnancy results in beautiful newborn babies etc.

Imran might beleive what ever he wants...I am sure we all have our stero-types etc about things which we are not proud of but we don't say things like that in a public forum

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The man explains it himself. Haters aren't even fit to polish his shoes.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just because Imran was a great cricketer makes him the most rational human being? As someone else mentioned,making fun of people who are dark skinned,calling an entire race of people as unathletic etc etc...how is that an example of a great human being with aspirations of being a fair(no pun intended) leader?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter what is the quality of the players you ought to respect them as they were your guest and had accepted to help you when most didn't. Imran Khan surely should be apologetic. I always feel he himself is his biggest enemy and is still struggling in politics cause of his poor attitude at times. No justification for what he said simple

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

His "explanations" work for his followers.

For neutral person, only apology would help to improve his image.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_champion View Post
    So just because Imran was a great cricketer makes him the most rational human being? As someone else mentioned,making fun of people who are dark skinned,calling an entire race of people as unathletic etc etc...how is that an example of a great human being with aspirations of being a fair(no pun intended) leader?
    He said some cricketers from Africa. Imran didn't mention race.

He's a great man who has helped people from all backgrounds and races.

He is spot on as usual, it was a joke to call up unknown foreigners which he was referring to.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    His "explanations" work for his followers.

For neutral person, only apology would help to improve his image.
    Yes he should apologize.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Politics has unbalanced his thinking.

As a model sportsman, I do not believe IK meant insult for other sportsmen, but in opposition to PMLN, he uttered those words.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    Politics has unbalanced his thinking.

As a model sportsman, I do not believe IK meant insult for other sportsmen, but in opposition to PMLN, he uttered those words.
    It is a zero-sum game for IK. Anything that PMLN accomplishes has to be denigrated as he believes it hurts his political ambitions. He will get more respect from intelligent people (and unfortunately there are very few of those in the world) if he praised his opponents achievements and waited for his own turn to be in power.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But didn't he said, if it was upto him, all matches would be played on Pakistan
    :-o

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    A snap shot of all the political discussions in Pakistan today:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1771
Size:  459.6 KB

All the shows with the red boxes discussed the "pateechar" comment for their entire length. One statement can garner this much hate but years of looting, plundering, murdering, raping and abrogating the laws of the land goes unnoticed. Mashallah.

Is mulk ka Allah hi hafiz hai bhai.
    Really nicely summed up. It's amazing to see how one statement from Immy has created such a furor. Man must be doing something right to be the most popular person in Pakistan.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh man!! How confused is this man?

Summary of whole interview:

1- Play test specialists in T20s.
    2- Include world class cricketers in PSL.
    3- Play whole PSL in Pakistan.
    4- Top level security will not send good message to the world.
    5- International cricket will not revive on basis of PSL final. World 11 will also have phateechar cricketers.

I am not much into politics so just watched cricket part.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't agree with point 1 and 3, but yes psl even if its being played in UAE should have better players.The top level security for the finals will not change foreigners perception, so i agree with him on that point, and i don't see int cricket returning to Pak even after a retired world 11 come and play some exhibition matches in Pak.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Those people have advantage for their areas. For examples, Nepali Sherpa.

Fastest man in the world is Usain for over a decade.

For few kms race, Kenyan runners have edge.

So you can see that mountain people do not run fast or run longer.

IK is a simple minded person, so one would expect such non sense from him.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post

He is spot on as usual, it was a joke to call up unknown foreigners which he was referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    IK may be a great cricketer but he displayed pettiness by insulting the foreign players participating in PCL. Yes, he didn't mention specifics players and that implies that he insulted them all, across the board and that is even meaner. He seemed very bitter in that video.

If you think that getting some of those players was a joke then good luck with PCL next year. Internalization of cricket is what gets sponsors otherwise it is just a dabba league no different from Quaid-e-Azam Trophy

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fitCricFan View Post
    IK may be a great cricketer but he displayed pettiness by insulting the foreign players participating in PCL. Yes, he didn't mention specifics players and that implies that he insulted them all, across the board and that is even meaner. He seemed very bitter in that video.

If you think that getting some of those players was a joke then good luck with PCL next year. Internalization of cricket is what gets sponsors otherwise it is just a dabba league no different from Quaid-e-Azam Trophy
    First and foremost when judging a person words you must first look into their character. Some people have implied IK used racist terminology, implying he could/is a racist. Anyone who knows about his life will know this is absolute garbage.

What he was referring to was a South African who is very unknown , Morne Van Vyke being bought in and somehow the organisers claiming this was a great coup to get into foreign players in the final. Quetta's stars didn't attend and were replaced with a bunch of average cricketers who weren't taken by the franchises and never will. I think it is a little funny when relatively unknown players are bought in and somehow this is seen as some great victory. This is a valid and fair view. Play the whole PSL in Pakistan and see how it is any different from the previous domestic T20 tournaments.

If you have a longer video and his context was something else or what you say then please post. From the clip it's obvious what he's referring to.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fitCricFan View Post

Its PSL and not PCL, also if we will have a repeat of what we had in PSL final, i.e one team having rubbish unknown cricketer, then PSL will end up as a joke league.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    Its PSL and not PCL
    Thanks, occasionally the fingers will mistype what the mind is thinking, variation in memory vs I/O speed

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its just a cricketing comment, whats the big deal.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with IK is that he never admits when he is wrong. This arrogance of I am always right" has often lead to people correctly accusing him of an attitude problem. We all make mistakes so he should apologise to defuse the situation. People will forgive and forget about it the very next minute but instead he will keep beating a dead horse. It was wrong for him to use that word to describe foreign players
    Last edited by Abdul; 8th March 2017 at 02:08.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He had a derogatory tone in his voice and mention Africa, as if those guys don't count, this is racial slur, does not fit well at all to a national leader and a guy who played cricket for such a long period of time...A guy who understands the racial history of the game...

He was visibly upset at success of PSL and venting out, more like Trump rather than a cultured leader...This was a miscalculated anger, but does reflects some of his inner most thoughts!!

If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So African players are not foreigners for IK? Do they fall under some separate category in his mind?

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Keep politics off this thread

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Has Imran Khan apologized to the foreign players and Pakistan public yet?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    this is main reason Pakistan would never be a stable country . look even Imran Khan who is adored by numerous people is also a selfish person . he cant appreciate a good thing cause he is not being credited for that. it clearly shows no one really cares about country it just they want to be the best and show yes we did it we are the only saviours .

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    So African players are not foreigners for IK? Do they fall under some separate category in his mind?
    For Imran Khan, Foreigners = Whites it seems, all the rest are useless, he has used even a worse word than that for such players: "Fatichar"