Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Miandad defends Imran's 'phateechar' remarks

Javed Miandad had Imran Khan’s back during their playing career, and it seems their bond is intact even decades into their retirements.

So when Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf supremo dug himself a hole following his controversial ‘phateechar’ remark regarding the foreign players in the Pakistan Super League final, it is no surprise as to who came to his rescue.

“These are regular cricketing terms and every cricketer knows them,” explained Miandad in a TV show. “In Karachi we have been using these terms from ages.”

The legendary batsman then asked Imran’s detractors to try and grasp the complete context of the derogatory term.

“I don’t consider them problematic at all, because I know the background of these terms,” he said.

Having fully committed to his pal’s defence, Miandad then revealed that the hot topic these days should be PSL chairman Najam Sethi’s baseless allegation that England star Kevin Pietersen did not participate in the final due to Khan’s remarks.

“It is a huge allegation, and it needs to be highlighted, especially after Pietersen has come out and clarified that it was his own decision and Imran Khan had nothing to do with it,” said Miandad. “English players never play if there is a security risk and we all know it already.”

Miandad even suggested Imran’s statement isn’t even an issue. “The whole nation saw when they [politicians] fought in the national assembly,” he added. “This is a real issue.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1349700...echar-remarks/

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is cheap from Imran, but knowing how he has passed blatant racist comments about various people in the past as well, I'm not surprised. It seems like every which way you turn nowadays, you see IK badmouthing at someone.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Darren Sammy - 2 times T20 world cup winning captain.
    Samuels- quality batsman. MoM of the finals of those WT20 wins.
    Jordan- useful bowling all-rounder
    Malan- decent T20 bat. Relatively low profile.
    Anamul-decent young player. Only 24. Talented and even was the highest run scorer of U-19 WC 2012.

Not sure if these players can be called third class

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were the comments embarrassing? Yes.

But let's not go over the top in our response. They were off-the-record comments not meant to be publicly shown, so saying that he is being disrespectful to guests is not really valid.

He's using loose cricket slang. I don't take his mention of Africa as racist, but he shouldn't have have said it in this age of smart phones and media hype.

He should have apologised though, but in the end it's a relatively minor misdemeanor. We are all human so let it go.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    Darren Sammy - 2 times T20 world cup winning captain.
    Samuels- quality batsman. MoM of the finals of those WT20 wins.
    Jordan- useful bowling all-rounder
    Malan- decent T20 bat. Relatively low profile.
    Anamul-decent young player. Only 24. Talented and even was the highest run scorer of U-19 WC 2012.

Not sure if these players can be called third class
    Not sure he even called those guys third class. I assume he was referring to the players called by the QG. There's some ambiguity to whom he was referring to in the video.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

CM Khattak faces Imran Khan ire over Zalmi prize announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Samaa TV
    PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan voiced displeasure over the announcement of prize to Peshawar Zalmi and demanded explanation from Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak.

Expressing reservations over the announcement of cash reward for Peshawar Zalmi that lifted Pakistan Super League (PSL2) trophy, Imran Khan asked Khattak to account for his decision.

“On what basis did you announce cash prize from the public money for a private club,” Khan bristled.

It should be mentioned here that Pervez Khattak announced Rs. 20 million cash prize for the winner of Peshawar Zalmi which beat Quetta Gladiators by 58 runs last night in PSL2 final.

Talking to team owner, Javed Afridi on phone, the Chief Minster congratulated Peshawar Zalmi for becoming the champion of PSL-2 and invited the team to visit Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The Chief Minister said winning PSL event was a result of best collective performance and strategy of the entire team.

All Peshawar Zalmi team members will be accorded a warm welcome in Peshawar and they will be provided foolproof security in KP, Khattak said. –SAMAA
    Link to the news article
    https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/0...-announcement/

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

May not be the right time and occasion given his own recent statements, but on this issue if seen in isolation, I´m fully with Imran. Principly, his objection to it is fair and actually after all in the interest of the public. Again, given the atmosphere, the common man and the general public may dislike him for this too, but in this case it´s them with whom something´s wrong, not Imran.

Some 12 years ago when, at the presentation ceremony, 20 Lacs were announced for MS by some minister for his 183*, I objected to it even then.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/0...sl-imran-khan/

ISLAMABAD: PTI Chairman Imran Khan said that the next edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL) would be staged entirely in Pakistan by his party’s government.

“The next PSL will be held under the PTI government and we will not bring in Railu Katte (third-grade) players,” said Khan after watching the final of Insaf Super League (ISL) held in Islamabad.

“We will introduce such a cricket system, which ensures a World Cup victory,” he said.

The PTI chief said that sports and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would be made institutions. “We have to fix the flawed sports system by eliminating corruption and nepotism,” he said.

He claimed that PTI government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa had built 70 new playgrounds in the province. SAMAA

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    "If PTI has to organize the PSL then we will organize it better than 'Phateechar' Najam Sethi" : IK
    *"The next PSL we pray to God will be under the reign of PTI" : IK
    "No one will need to go to Dubai for that, Inshallah next PSL will be in Pakistan" : IK

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    "If PTI has to organize the PSL then we will organize it better than 'Phateechar' Najam Sethi" : IK
    *"The next PSL we pray to God will be under the reign of PTI" : IK
    "No one will need to go to Dubai for that, Inshallah next PSL will be in Pakistan" : IK
    What a joke. Bet some people will still find excuses to defend the hypocritical rubbish he's been speaking

Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth & taste.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He's losing social media followers too after this.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what does phateechar or fatichar even mean? I know urudu and I have never heard that word before.

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] Imran Khan under fire for derogatory comments about PSL foreign players

Dunya News is reporting that after yesterday´s statement, he´s gone on to say something today as well about the PSL final. One thing that I was able to pick from the headlines was, that, according to Imran, even Viv Richards wasn´t too happy about the "raylukatta" players that Quetta´s team got as replacements for the absent foreign players.

Someone close to Imran, someone whom he trusts or listens to (if that´s ever possible at all!), needs to tell/advice him to let this issue go now. This is only harming his politics, right now at least, because in the long run, even months down the road, all this will be a thing of the past.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dildildalwalla View Post
    what does phateechar or fatichar even mean? I know urudu and I have never heard that word before.
    Railu Katta and phateechar in cricketing context means bits and pieces players who are no good generally

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Railu Katta and phateechar in cricketing context means bits and pieces players who are no good generally
    Well I found out that it basically means "bikaree" someone who is poor and wears bad clothes. So basically making fun of someone because the background they may come from. Not very presidential of Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Well I found out that it basically means "bikaree" someone who is poor and wears bad clothes. So basically making fun of someone because the background they may come from. Not very presidential of Khan.
    You found out the wrong meaning then

Reconsider your sources

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

You found out the wrong meaning then

Reconsider your sources
    I don´t know what it´s meaning is in the modern times or what´s the more common meaning of "raylukatta" now, but back then some 17-18 years ago when kids used to play cricket in the village to which I belong (in Pakistan), if there was a player playing whom would make it a player more in one team, and hence one less to the other, the solution to this problem would be to make him a "raylukatta", of which the definition was that he´d bat and bowl for the both teams.

My friend Azhar´s neighbour´s son would so often end up getting that role that that became his nickname. Only a few would call him by his name, to the extent that I don´t even remember it.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lala Imran seems confused. Firstly he is against staging the final in Pak, fearing blasts, next thing he hopes to stage entire PSL in Pak next year if PTI makes the gov. Needs to clear his mind.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DHONI183 View Post
    I don´t know what it´s meaning is in the modern times or what´s the more common meaning of "raylukatta" now, but back then some 17-18 years ago when kids used to play cricket in the village to which I belong (in Pakistan), if there was a player playing whom would make it a player more in one team, and hence one less to the other, the solution to this problem would be to make him a "raylukatta", of which the definition was that he´d bat and bowl for the both teams.

My friend Azhar´s neighbour´s son would so often end up getting that role that that became his nickname. Only a few would call him by his name, to the extent that I don´t even remember it.
    Pardon the typo folks, such a player would only bat for the both teams, and not bowl too - which would make it very complicated and technically almost impossible.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imran Khan's statement is nothing but political rhetoric. No government can hold PSL in Pakistan currently and have all the major superstars of cricket like Sanga, Gayle, Pietersen, McCullum playing. If all of the PSL will be held in Pakistan, Imran Khan will also in the end invite the phateechars and railoo kattays of cricket to fill the void.

Don't give any importance to his statement. Just political rhetoric to score some brownie points amongst the masses. When the time comes to actually put your money where your mouth is, he will conveniently make a U-turn.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    776 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Not the best choice of words from Imran but it is clear that the final had no star power.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically its not an insult to anyone, Imran is a cricketing legend hence it gives him license to speaks the language he speaks when he played in Lahore Gymkhana

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by subshakerz View Post
    Were the comments embarrassing? Yes.

But let's not go over the top in our response. They were off-the-record comments not meant to be publicly shown, so saying that he is being disrespectful to guests is not really valid.

He's using loose cricket slang. I don't take his mention of Africa as racist, but he shouldn't have have said it in this age of smart phones and media hype.

He should have apologised though, but in the end it's a relatively minor misdemeanor. We are all human so let it go.
    Minor Misdemeanor

Yes yes he has won us the World Cup, made a cancer hospital, created Namal University, is fighting day and night against corruption... we know the drill

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with this. Even under his government we cannot have PSL in Pakistan except odd game here and there because the security apparatus that exists in Lahore does not exist elsewhere. Calling people playing in our league as third-grade isn't respectful either.

Saying that, again, only if everyone in our nation attacked our politicians with the same gusto about their daily lying and constantly undermining our legal-system speeches then we'd be somewhere.

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    Basically its not an insult to anyone, Imran is a cricketing legend hence it gives him license to speaks the language he speaks when he played in Lahore Gymkhana
    he didn't spoke it in the open, on the media or something. People have probably forgotten this, and this is the only reason he's loosing his reputation.

If life on earth is temporary...what make you think that your problems are permanent?

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by super hitter View Post
    he didn't spoke it in the open, on the media or something. People have probably forgotten this, and this is the only reason he's loosing his reputation.
    He spoke this in front of the reporters during a press conference on the supreme court issue.. and if you had any doubts on the words he uttered.. he repeated those statements again in the Hamid Mir show.. owning up to those words, saying he meant to say those words... not apologizing for those statements once...

He never said he specifically referred to Quetta Gladiator players... he referred to all of the players involved except Darren Sammy

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://www.samaa.tv/pakistan/2017/0...njab-assembly/

LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Tuesday submitted in Punjab Assembly a resolution against Pakistan Super League (PSL) Chairman Najam Sethi.

Submitted by PTI MPA Muhammed Siddiqui, the resolution mentions that the PSL Chairman’s statement is sparking multiple suspicions.

It is weak of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) that it is in control of the one responsible for ‘political punctures’, it stated.

The resolution says the putting the suspended players on exit control list (ECL) will help improve the investigations, adding the probe may be diverted to Najam Sethi. –SAMAA

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It's been a couple of weeks now, but looks like Imran is still struggling to digest the success of PSL.