User Tag List

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

35 Transgender Pakistani Women Arrested, 2 Beaten To Death at Saudi Arabia Party

Pakistani activists on Monday said two transgender women were beaten to death by police after being arrested in Saudi Arabia along with more than 30 other members of the community.

Saudi media reported last week that police had raided a party where men were dressed as women and wearing make-up and arrested around 35 people, but the outlets did not use the word transgender, nor say anyone had been killed.

Farzana Riaz, a leader of campaign group Trans Action Pakistan, told a news conference that sources in the transgender community in Saudi Arabia had told her the two Pakistani women were packed in sacks by police and then beaten to death with sticks.

The Saudi Interior Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Pakistani Interior Ministry was not immediately available for comment. Reuters could not independently verify the deaths.

"We are deeply saddened by the deaths of these two innocent trans persons in Saudi Arabia," Riaz said at the news conference in Peshawar.

"We request the Saudi government to release the information of the 35 transgender persons arrested; we want to know their details, under what charges were they arrested, what is their medical condition?"

Pakistani Trans
    A Pakistani transvestite takes a part in a rally in Peshawar June 3, 2010. REUTERS/Fayaz Aziz
    REUTERS/FAYAZ AZIZ

At the news conference in Peshawar, Riaz showed journalists several photos of those still in custody that she said had been sent to her by contacts in the Saudi Arabia trans community, along with messages sent via cellphone.

She said the bodies of the dead women must be sent to Pakistan immediately.

Qamar Naseem, a rights activist from the Blue Veins group, told the same news conference he had shared available information about the incident with members of Pakistan's parliament.

Saudi Arabia has no law against transgender people, but the desert kingdom has carried out arrests for cross-dressing and ordered the imprisonment and flogging of men accused of behaving like women, according to the U.S.-based Human Rights Watch.

Related Stories
    High Court Takes Pass on Transgender Bathroom Case
    Inauguration Singer Jackie Evancho on Trans Rights
    State Dept.'s Rollout of Human Rights Report Criticized
    In much of Pakistan, transgender people are shunned by their families and forced into begging or prostitution to support themselves. Most change their names or use only one name.

Trans Action Pakistan estimates there are at least 500,000 transgender people in the country of 190 million.

But an incident last year, when a transgender activist died after being shot six times and then denied treatment at a Peshawar hospital, seems to have softened attitudes and there has slowly been greater recognition of their rights.

In January, a Pakistani court ruled that transgender people would be counted in the national census for the first time. In 2012, the Supreme Court declared equal rights for transgender citizens. A year earlier they were allowed to vote.

http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia...s-564544?rx=us

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blame falls on khusra community, they make a living off entertaining at weddings and stuff in Pakistan but why would u do something like that in a country governed in a horrible oligarchic/religio-fascist manner?

Don't get me wrong, it's sad what happened but come on... be sensible. What would u expect if u do something like that? Pakistanis have no rights in KSA to begin with and we are talking about trans pakistanis engaging in what would clearly be considered illegal activities there..

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
    The blame falls on khusra community, they make a living off entertaining at weddings and stuff in Pakistan but why would u do something like that in a country governed in a horrible oligarchic/religio-fascist manner?

Don't get me wrong, it's sad what happened but come on... be sensible. What would u expect if u do something like that? Pakistanis have no rights in KSA to begin with and we are talking about trans pakistanis engaging in what would clearly be considered illegal activities there..
    Surprised at your ignorance man. I respect you're sympathising with them and you propose a very valid point of doing this in KSA but "Khusra" is a derogatory term. The right word, the word that they identify themselves with is "Khwaja Sera". Or just simply call them transgenders.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    911 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Its a stupid and maybe ignorant question to ask but why would you go to Saudi?

I mean I understand life maybe tough in Pak but I would assume you would move somewhere for a better life.. Not worse

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    RIP, very sad. KSA is literally hell on earth, no offence towards the holy sites.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Its a stupid and maybe ignorant question to ask but why would you go to Saudi?

I mean I understand life maybe tough in Pak but I would assume you would move somewhere for a better life.. Not worse
    Thing's may have been really be bad for them to the point where they were willing to take that risk

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you are a guest in someone elses country you adhere to their rules and customs. They shouldn't have been beaten up however they should have acted more responsibility. I have more sympathy for Saudi transgenders though - if they want to dress and act like women (or women dressing/acting as men) they should be able to do so, at least in the privacy of their homes or at parties etc.

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two transgender Pakistanis 'tortured to death' in Saudi Arabia

Two transgender people were packed in sacks, thrashed with sticks and tortured to death, according to humanrights activists.

Police allegedly killed 35-year-old Amna, and Meeno, 26, bothPakistanis, after raiding a house in Saudi Arabia and arresting 35 transgender people.

Activists in Pakistan are demanding clarification from Saudi Arabia over the deaths and the 22 people reportedly still in custody.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7607446.html

Debut
    Jan 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Pakistanis are only worried about treatment of Muslims in non muslim countries, I wonder why Pakistani authorities aren't even raising complaints in international forums or association of Islamic countries about ill treatment of their fellow citizens in Islamic country.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too busy worrying about Palestinians and Kashmiris than their own Hindu, Ahmadi and Transgender citizens.

Keepingprioritiesstraight#

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saudi Arabia - hell on earth.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't have gone to a place like Saudi and behaved in such a manner. They knew the consequences for sure and paid the price. As I always say like it or not any law of any country comes first to them.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What are they doing in Saudi in the first place?

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornbill View Post
    I think Pakistanis are only worried about treatment of Muslims in non muslim countries, I wonder why Pakistani authorities aren't even raising complaints in international forums or association of Islamic countries about ill treatment of their fellow citizens in Islamic country.
    Not even all non-Muslim countries. The treatment of Rohingyas in Myanmar, or the Uighurs in China are also met with silence.

Only the ones which are close to Arab hearts get the hue and cry treatment.