Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2016 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)

Ireland vs Afghanistan series in India! [Afghanistan win T20Is 3-0 & ODIs 3-2]

Been eagerly anticipating this series despite expecting us to lose. Series between us tend to throw up fair amounts of controversy and drama.

Will be a tough challenge for us in foreign conditions but screw it, we're playing cricket!!

Series is also being broadcast live on DD Sport and RTA or something? An Indian station anyway, check ACBofficials twitter account they have it there

Predictions...

T20 - 2-1 Afghanistan
    ODI - 3-2/4-1 Afghanistan
    IC Cup - Ireland to win a tight match

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ! , When is this happening ?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't explain how excited I am. This is like the Ashes of the Associate nations. Afghanistan have had a lot of cricket to play and have been largely aided by playing in Pakistan, so I expect them to win the series. However, the Irishmen are no children and this will be no walk in the Park. Ireland have won bigger games than Afghanistan ever will, at least in the near future.

Afghanistan's reputation is extremely overstated because playing against average sides like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

Supporting Ireland for this. O Brian brothers need to step up and show their experience when it matters most.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a crap team Ireland have become, havent fulfilled the promise that they showed during the 2011 WC that even Afghanistan are favorites against them.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2016 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    Nice ! , When is this happening ?
    Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    I can't explain how excited I am. This is like the Ashes of the Associate nations. Afghanistan have had a lot of cricket to play and have been largely aided by playing in Pakistan, so I expect them to win the series. However, the Irishmen are no children and this will be no walk in the Park. Ireland have won bigger games than Afghanistan ever will, at least in the near future.

Afghanistan's reputation is extremely overstated because playing against average sides like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh.

Supporting Ireland for this. O Brian brothers need to step up and show their experience when it matters most.
    Our spin bowling seems to be stronger than ever before with Dockrell showing form and Mulder bursting onto the scene. But our batting will seriously struggle I reckon. Bar Wilson and Niall I can't think of any player I'd say is "good" against spin.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice.

First international series for Afghanistan if I am not wrong. Perfect weather to play cricket right now in Delhi and nearby areas. Will see if I can one of the matches on the weekends.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are all the matches played in Gurgoan?

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    New Delhi, India.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The matches are in Greater Noida....I live nearby....will definitely go for T20 match...I am sure it"ll be a free entry....

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noida is now the home of Afghanistan to host foreign teams. Great for them. Thanks to India helping them by providing ground to use as home. Hope they will progress by the advantage given by India. Hope for cracking series.all the best to our neighbor.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deep82 View Post
    The matches are in Greater Noida....I live nearby....will definitely go for T20 match...I am sure it"ll be a free entry....
    I am going for the 3rd T20I match on Sunday 12 March. And tickets are available on Bookmyshow for Rs. 200

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a game I would check out if I was in the NCR region, especially Noida.

I'm sure the tix are cheap.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2016 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    For the first game on the tour thats a fairly decent effort I think! Pitch seems flat but we'll see how we bowl before judging it. Thompson finally showed some of the potential he's lacked for the past two years.

If you'd have offered me 165 before the game I'd have taken it tbh, we're still redeveloping as a t20 side.

Good to see young Tucker get a game as well. With him, Thompson,Mulder,Young,Dockrell,Stirling all under 26 we've got a fairly young side!

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Irish have some fast bowlers ?

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan will win

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan won the last match by 6 wickets.

2nd t20 today 10/3/17

Afghanistan won the toss and elected to bat 1st.

184/8 in 20 overs.

@donalcozzie

Did you watch the last over? What was the fielder thinking? Najibulah zadran hit the last ball for a six and an Ireland fielder went over the boundry rope , stayed on the other side of the rope and jumped up to throw the ball back in, thinking he would be fine?

Obviously it was given as a six!

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFG_Brit View Post
    Afghanistan won the last match by 6 wickets.

2nd t20 today 10/3/17

Afghanistan won the toss and elected to bat 1st.

184/8 in 20 overs.

@donalcozzie

Did you watch the last over? What was the fielder thinking? Najibulah zadran hit the last ball for a six and an Ireland fielder went over the boundry rope , stayed on the other side of the rope and jumped up to throw the ball back in, thinking he would be fine?

Obviously it was given as a six!
    I have always pictured myself a scenario like that... assuming there are no videos of the incident?

Pakistan Zindabad!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Afg seems to be too good for Irish in Indian conditions.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanis are too strong for them in Asia

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any pictures of the stadium?

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    64/2 after 6.1 and rain hits.

After the break Ireland given 111 in 11 overs.

Basically needed 47 from 5 overs with 8 wickets in hand.

Then Rashid Arman took 5 wickets for 3 runs.
    What a spell.
    Ireland ended with 93/9 and Afghanistan won 17 runs D/L

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Any pictures of the stadium?

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    Is this stadium under construction?

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anakwalajinn View Post
    I have always pictured myself a scenario like that... assuming there are no videos of the incident?

The video might come as the match was being telecast live on DD sport ( india) and afghan Tv.

Great win for Afghanistan, we have been unbeaten in 9 t20s and another series win.

Good to see new guys performing.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video might come as the match was being telecast live on DD sport ( india) and afghan Tv.

Great win for Afghanistan, we have been unbeaten in 9 t20s and another series win.

Good to see new guys performing.
    Supporting afghan brothers. Best of luck.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan has three very good players.

Shehzad
    Nabi
    Rashid

Hamid Hassan was special too but injuries hampered his progress.

All the best to them. Cricket needs more competitive teams.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total annihilation, have left every other associate team behind, needs competitive cricket against the top tier nations now considering they have beaten Zimbabwe over 8 times and Bangladesh 3 times within the last 3 years

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan win the T20I series 3-0

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid Khan is the main difference nowadays it would seem between them and the other associate nations.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should seriously consider poaching Rashid Khan. He'd be the answer to the wicket taking spinner we need in LOIs.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Pakistan should seriously consider poaching Rashid Khan. He'd be the answer to the wicket taking spinner we need in LOIs.
    He'd need to spend 183 days or more per year in Pakistan for the next 4 years, never going to happen realistically.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashid was the main difference. Economy of 5.5 and average of 6. Took 9 wickets. Amazing stats on this wicket. None of the other bowlers even comes close in this series to his stats. Rightly named man of the series.
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...05;type=series

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    haha he will prefer getting ipl contract being afghani.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sad how Ireland performed. But lots of positives. LOTS really. Thompson is one for the future. If Ireland play more matches and hopefully Tests soon, he will be one of the bests in the world. Without a doubt. What do you say @DonalCozzie

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sad how Ireland performed. But lots of positives. LOTS really. Thompson is one for the future. If Ireland play more matches and hopefully Tests soon, he will be one of the bests in the world. Without a doubt. What do you say @DonalCozzie
    Ireland team has not been able to replace Johnston, Mooney and Cusack. They were all pretty handy pace bowlers. And could hit the ball as well towards the end. They also used to have Neil O'Brien who used to be really handy player as well. For the OdI's they will have Neil O'Brien, Rankin and Ed Joyce back and that will strengthen the side considerably. The OdI's will be much more even.

Their new players has not really made a name for themselves yet. It was nice to see Stuart Thompson this series to see what he really can do. Also nice to see Sterling back. He's not been as good as he was few years ago. Dockrell the most promising spinner also lost his way a bit. I think Ireland need better coaches. Maybe a spin coach because they seem to have good spinners with potential.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    Ireland team has not been able to replace Johnston, Mooney and Cusack. They were all pretty handy pace bowlers. And could hit the ball as well towards the end. They also used to have Neil O'Brien who used to be really handy player as well. For the OdI's they will have Neil O'Brien, Rankin and Ed Joyce back and that will strengthen the side considerably. The OdI's will be much more even.

Their new players has not really made a name for themselves yet. It was nice to see Stuart Thompson this series to see what he really can do. Also nice to see Sterling back. He's not been as good as he was few years ago. Dockrell the most promising spinner also lost his way a bit. I think Ireland need better coaches. Maybe a spin coach because they seem to have good spinners with potential.
    Perhaps. I would like to see a swing bowler playing for them. Someone with genuine swing, even if not a lot of pace. Someone like Josh Davey of Scotland.

The Irish batting is top class and I will go as far as saying that they can be a better Test batting side than Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and even West Indies probably but bowling needs lots of work.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Where can we watch the highlights?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps. I would like to see a swing bowler playing for them. Someone with genuine swing, even if not a lot of pace. Someone like Josh Davey of Scotland.

The Irish batting is top class and I will go as far as saying that they can be a better Test batting side than Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and even West Indies probably but bowling needs lots of work.
    I think Ireland and Afghanistan should have been given test status 3-4 years ago. Could have developed even more. Ireland need the extra money to take the next step. It will be difficult to beat Ireland in tests in home conditions for Asian teams. Afghanistan already miles ahead of Zimbabwe when it comes to reserve strength and player development.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unless there is a two tier test system Ireland (and Afghanistan probably) are years away from being granted test status.

And teams like Bangladesh, WIs, SL, Zim etc will never vote for a two tier system.

Not sure what the answer to this problem is.

Nevertheless, congrats to Afghanistan on this series victory - they are coming on leaps and bounds in LOI cricket.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    Unless there is a two tier test system Ireland (and Afghanistan probably) are years away from being granted test status.

And teams like Bangladesh, WIs, SL, Zim etc will never vote for a two tier system.

Not sure what the answer to this problem is.

Nevertheless, congrats to Afghanistan on this series victory - they are coming on leaps and bounds in LOI cricket.
    Both teams are expected to be granted test status by the end of this summer.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest cricket rivalry going around

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I went to the 3rd T20I today and got pics clicked with some Afghan cricketers

Name:  P_20170312_175459_BF.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  318.7 KB

Name:  P_20170312_175559_BF.jpg
Views: 772
Size:  491.0 KB

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't even know if it was televised.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    DD Sports showed it in India. And they shared their feed with some Afghan channel too

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Have Ireland regressed @Donal Cozzie ? they tend to lose more often then not and don't see them put much of a fight against the top sides either like they once did

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post

Amit bhai. I am guessing you are the short one grey/brown jacket. You look very young too.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There is a Facebook page called " Afghanistan cricket" , it has a lot of videos of the matches and highlights too. It's not the official Afghanistan cricket board page but some page set up by fans.

Hope that helps.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post

Whole series is being telecast by DD sports and RTA afghan channel.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    Supporting afghan brothers. Best of luck.

Thank you

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GudduBadmash View Post
    Total annihilation, have left every other associate team behind, needs competitive cricket against the top tier nations now considering they have beaten Zimbabwe over 8 times and Bangladesh 3 times within the last 3 years
    They've only beaten Bangladesh twice, not 3 times. And the first time was a Bangladesh A team...no Shakib, Tamim, Mashrafee. Thats like playing Australia without Smith, Warner, and Starc.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post
    They've only beaten Bangladesh twice, not 3 times. And the first time was a Bangladesh A team...no Shakib, Tamim, Mashrafee. Thats like playing Australia without Smith, Warner, and Starc.
    Stop making excuses... they beat what you put out.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Ireland can entice some saffers to boost their strength.... there are enough on the market.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghan's bowling is pretty decent (hope Hamid returns too).
    The problem is their batting (apart from Shehzad).

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    727 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ireland are bang average.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Big Mac you reckon We'd stand a chance playing for HCC vs this Irish team ?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Big Mac you reckon We'd stand a chance playing for HCC vs this Irish team ?
    Why settle for the Irish? Bring on Australia and India, have you seen the way those clowns try and play spinners? We'd destroy them and send them running home to their mothers

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    Why settle for the Irish? Bring on Australia and India, have you seen the way those clowns try and play spinners? We'd destroy them and send them running home to their mothers
    Hold it there! your overconfidence tells me our club has managed to sign Rahat Ali!!!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rashid Khan is ranked #5 on the T20I bowlers list, pretty impressive.

Would be good to see how he fares in IPL and CPL.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Hold it there! your overconfidence tells me our club has managed to sign Rahat Ali!!!
    We are all Rahat, in one way or another

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Rashid Khan is ranked #5 on the T20I bowlers list, pretty impressive.

Would be good to see how he fares in IPL and CPL.
    There should be a cap on where you can rank if you rarely play against top teams.

He is not top 5, he hasn't faced top teams yet.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    There should be a cap on where you can rank if you rarely play against top teams.

He is not top 5, he hasn't faced top teams yet.
    Well you can only play the teams put infront of you.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan are going to play a series of 5 ODIs & 3 T20Is against West Indies in June, about same time as Champions Trophy

And looking at the way West Indies played against England, if Afghanistan can sort out their batting issues and make 270-280 in ODIs, they should win the series comfortably. Expecting Afghanistan to win T20Is if Gayle, Bravo, etc don't play

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Amit bhai. I am guessing you are the short one grey/brown jacket. You look very young too.
    Yes

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I will be going to 1 of the ODIs too, either 17th (Friday) or 19th (Sunday)

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be going to 1 of the ODIs too, either 17th (Friday) or 19th (Sunday)
    Was there any support for Afghans at the stadium? I mean any Afghan Nationals, not Indian Supporters.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the myth "Pakistan mein talent bohut Hain" bhai??

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan are going to play a series of 5 ODIs & 3 T20Is against West Indies in June, about same time as Champions Trophy

And looking at the way West Indies played against England, if Afghanistan can sort out their batting issues and make 270-280 in ODIs, they should win the series comfortably. Expecting Afghanistan to win T20Is if Gayle, Bravo, etc don't play
    Great news for afghan brothers.very happy for them

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Venue
    Kerala
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

thought you were mid30 old considering your enthusiasm with associate nation. you pretty young man!👍

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czar View Post
    Was there any support for Afghans at the stadium? I mean any Afghan Nationals, not Indian Supporters.
    There were lot of Afghan nationals in the stadium. Indian supporters were mostly neutral and supported both teams, but Afghan support was louder and more vocal in the stadium

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smbhayi View Post
    thought you were mid30 old considering your enthusiasm with associate nation. you pretty young man!��
    I just turned 30 in November

And I have always been supporting Associate nations in cricket from a very long time as I want cricket to grow and have about 20 test playing nations rather than just 10

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Éire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2016 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Well all thing considered I'm impressed at how we did lol. With the exception of the post rain 5 over period in the 2nd game, we actually batted really damn well for a team who were absolutely awful at this format a couple months back.

Unfortunately a combination of Rashid Khan, and us bowling 1-2 awful overs at key points has cost us the series. Kevin's 27 run over was the difference in the first game, and in the third game well less said the better about that bowling display haha. Gotta say though, anyone who's followed the three games can see that they weren't quite as one sided as they might seem (least in my view). Considering AFG are a far superior t20 side to us thats not too bad for me.

Anyway, t20's will have given us some much needed experience. The batting actually seems to be alright in that format for now, bowlers need work (As always). Thompson finally finally justifying the faith put in him, played really well and young Tucker did alright for someone only finding his feet at this level.

Key games start Wednesday with the ODI's. I'd gladly take a t20 whitewash if we win even 2 ODI's tbh. Not gonna be easy but will be watching Wednesday.

Apologies for my inactivity last few days, was visiting a friend in Holland for the weekend.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    833 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan has lot of potential , ICC need to give them more series against better teams.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our afghan brothers are going very good at the moment on the first ODI of the series. Go Afg Go.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afg 168/2 ov 33.0

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another win Alhumdulela.

Great comeback by the team and bowlers, at one stage Ireland were 202/2 after 36 overs and still fell 30 runs short.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another win Alhumdulela.

Great comeback by the team and bowlers, at one stage Ireland were 202/2 after 36 overs and still fell 30 runs short.
    Congrats. Brother. Very happy for you. Hope you win this series in fasion. Best of luck

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afg brothers are flying on the bat of Ahmed shehzad. What a knock. Eye pleasing. Go Afg go.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another win today .

Afghanistan won the toss and batted 1st, scored 338 in 50 overs.

Ireland 304/10 in 48 overs.

Rashid khan took 6 wickets.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    Congrats. Brother. Very happy for you. Hope you win this series in fasion. Best of luck
    Thanks,

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Another win today .

Afghanistan won the toss and batted 1st, scored 338 in 50 overs.

Ireland 304/10 in 48 overs.

Rashid khan took 6 wickets.
    Great to see AFG progress, hopefully they get test status and more investment from the ICC.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    377 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    wow the pitch must be really flat. Good win for Afghanistan!.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?