May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan can beat Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies in ODI series'. LOL.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    So frustrating. Have scored 600 runs in two ODI's and lost both.

Umpire screwed us today, Stirling was putting in an absolutely magnificent shift, 6 wickets and 95* off 70, absolutely atrocious lbw call screwed us.

Its especially frustrating because I honestly believe if Rashid Khan wasn't Afghan we'd have won the last two t20's and these two ODI's. We just cannot play him at all.

Least we've gone to a team who can beat any FM team in Asia IMO and really competed well, but its so frustrating seeing us come close and fall just short time and time again.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Afghanistan can beat Pakistan, Sri Lanka and West Indies in ODI series'. LOL.
    I don't think they can beat Pak at this stage. Afghans need another quality bat in the middle order. They are still missing a world class batsman. But they found a world class spinner in Rashid Khan. He will win them a lot of games in Indian conditions.

But they can definitely whip West Indies if the series is played in India.

Srilanka will be tough to beat for Afghans.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Stirling and Porterfield seem to be stuck in a mediocre Irish team.

Irish have regressed.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Stirling and Porterfield seem to be stuck in a mediocre Irish team.

Irish have regressed.
    Porterfield before this series was terrible lol. Our middle order is carrying too many passengers and they keep holding Rashid back for the 80 off 75 balls stage of the match where we need to attack him and he always picks us apart.

Literally every game has followed this pattern. We bowl first, bowl crap, Afghanistan get a good score. We fly out the blocks, get a really solid platform, Rashid has 6-7 overs left entering the last 20 overs (or he has all 4 overs left entering the last 8 for the t20 series) we need to accelerate and we lose wickets in heaps, fall short.

Last four games each one has played out the exact same way.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Umpire screwed us today, Stirling was putting in an absolutely magnificent shift, 6 wickets and 95* off 70, absolutely atrocious lbw call screwed us.

Shahzad was not out too, would have been devasting as well, if the umpire hadn't screwed it up.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion of Khyber View Post
    Shahzad was not out too, would have been devasting as well, if the umpire hadn't screwed it up.
    Was not awake for that but hadn't heard anything about that decision being controversial. Either way nothing could be as bad as Stirling's, don't even know if a five-fer and century has ever been done before and he gets lbw to a ball that'd miss a fifth stump

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was not awake for that but hadn't heard anything about that decision being controversial. Either way nothing could be as bad as Stirling's, don't even know if a five-fer and century has ever been done before and he gets lbw to a ball that'd miss a fifth stump
    Ireland were at the receiving end of a bad call. Shahzad looked close.

Ireland played really well in both ODI's. Especially the batting. Stirling, Ed Joyce and Porterfield got them of to a good start once again, but they struggled to finish the game once again from a good position. Afghanistan Captain is using Rashid very well. One can easily panic and bring him in early, but he keeps his cool and uses him at the right time. One thing you have to give Asghar, he might stink in the field and with the bat, but he seems a decent Captain.

Dowlat Zadran has looked superior fast bowler and his reverse swing towards the end of the inning has been crucial as well. Guy need to stop bowling NO BALLS! Today he got 2 wickets and both of them were NOBALLS. Got Stirling early, but had overstepped.

Gulbadin, Hamza and Nabi has looked very ordinary with the ball and that's main reason IReland have done so well. Especially Nabi and Hamza has been trashed.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Its especially frustrating because I honestly believe if Rashid Khan wasn't Afghan we'd have won the last two t20's and these two ODI's. We just cannot play him at all.

Least we've gone to a team who can beat any FM team in Asia IMO and really competed well, but its so frustrating seeing us come close and fall just short time and time again.
    It would have been very very close if Stirling hadn't got that call. You guys had a shot in any case, but the issue is, Stirling can't play him either and there was every chance he would have got him later. Rashid has a habit of sparking these collapses. In fact, Afghanistan defending totals have a habit of being behind and then suddenly winning when their spinners cause collapses.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Viv had the best ever match figures - 115 & 5/45 .... or such, against NZ. Bad luck indeed, but Afghan's are good LO side, really give tough fight to most teams. Probably will win series against WI & SRL at least & make it really tough for us, it not win it.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ireland with their first win today. Ireland have done well except that they didn't have an answer to Rashid. If they can manage to see him off like today, they would be favorites to win.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Ireland with their first win today. Ireland have done well except that they didn't have an answer to Rashid. If they can manage to see him off like today, they would be favorites to win.
    exactly, spinners are the difference between win and loss for Afghanistan.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallion__ View Post
    Thats because they were chasing 50-70 runs less today.
    The pattern of the series is Ireland required quick runs, Afg save Rashid's overs, Irish batsmen tried to hit Rashid, failed in hitting, lost wickets and in turn fell short of Afgs' totals.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I went to the 2nd ODI as well on 17th March That's me with a Afghanistan fan

India-Afghanistan friendship

Name:  17362635_10155145898612661_5390064707669836372_n.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  102.6 KB

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Finally we get a damn win. God knows we need it

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Also shout out to Stirling, been magnificent all series, robbed by an lbw on 95 last game, out on 99 today! Poor guy

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    What a series, what a match, what an innings, what a man! Kevin O brien!!!!!

Fantasticcc win, under so much pressure and with one leg and he scores 75 off 60!!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally Kevin O Brien comes off good with the bat in this series and what a way to do it.

Team Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    @amit man I'm hurt here, where's your love for the Irish team

You got two days to get a photo else I'm blocking you

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    What a series, what a match, what an innings, what a man! Kevin O brien!!!!!

Fantasticcc win, under so much pressure and with one leg and he scores 75 off 60!!
    Are Afghanistan that good or have Ireland declined over the years due to various factors?

Ah, so this is what it feels like

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Are Afghanistan that good or have Ireland declined over the years due to various factors?
    Man AFG went to Bangladesh and could easily have won the series, as it was they lost 2-1. They beat the WI in the WT20 and had England and SL on the ropes. They've beaten Zimbabwe 3 series running in all formats, and its in India where Ireland won't have much experience of the conditions. Throw in the fact that in Nabi and Khan they have two legitimately world class all rounders IMO and yes, this is a damn good win.

Afghanistan would beat several FM's in these conditions IMO, WI and Zimbabwe definitely, SL/BD/Pak wouldn't find it easy either.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Man AFG went to Bangladesh and could easily have won the series, as it was they lost 2-1. They beat the WI in the WT20 and had England and SL on the ropes. They've beaten Zimbabwe 3 series running in all formats, and its in India where Ireland won't have much experience of the conditions. Throw in the fact that in Nabi and Khan they have two legitimately world class all rounders IMO and yes, this is a damn good win.

Afghanistan would beat several FM's in these conditions IMO, WI and Zimbabwe definitely, SL/BD/Pak wouldn't find it easy either.
    This AFG team has rapidly improved it's incredible really even more so in light of their situation back home, hopefully there is a set up in place to nurture future talent and the PCB should allow them to play in their domestic set up. But I do feel like Ireland in recent times have been coasting, they had a decent WC in 2015 so perhaps they've not really declined as much as I seem to think but need to step it up!

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This AFG team has rapidly improved it's incredible really even more so in light of their situation back home, hopefully there is a set up in place to nurture future talent and the PCB should allow them to play in their domestic set up. But I do feel like Ireland in recent times have been coasting, they had a decent WC in 2015 so perhaps they've not really declined as much as I seem to think but need to step it up!
    Definitely true my man, but when an 8 year coach leaves and you have to blood in several players with zero experience it takes time for things to turn around. Going away from home and competing very well with AFG is a sign to me that we've improved a bit

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3899 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Definitely true my man, but when an 8 year coach leaves and you have to blood in several players with zero experience it takes time for things to turn around. Going away from home and competing very well with AFG is a sign to me that we've improved a bit
    I didn't know that, so this is like a mini rebuilding phase for you; it was bound to come given the age of many journeymen in that team who've longed served Irish cricket. You also need to make sure these guys don't run away to England it always happens with the really good cricketers.

I think Irish cricket need to introduce a rule where if you represent another team you become ineligible to represent Ireland again because then that would prevent players like Ed Joyce from leaving for England in the first place with the knowledge that if it doesn't work out he got something to fall back on when it comes to his ambitions at the international level, it's a privilege to represent your county and compete against teams around the world; such individuals should not be taken back imo because it will benefit Ireland in the long run. But with Test status around the corner that should hopefully also prevent future deserters.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that, so this is like a mini rebuilding phase for you; it was bound to come given the age of many journeymen in that team who've longed served Irish cricket. You also need to make sure these guys don't run away to England it always happens with the really good cricketers.

I think Irish cricket need to introduce a rule where if you represent another team you become ineligible to represent Ireland again because then that would prevent players like Ed Joyce from leaving for England in the first place with the knowledge that if it doesn't work out he got something to fall back on when it comes to his ambitions at the international level, it's a privilege to represent your county and compete against teams around the world; such individuals should not be taken back imo because it will benefit Ireland in the long run. But with Test status around the corner that should hopefully also prevent future deserters.
    Joyce left when Ireland were a pub team, can't blame his decision. Rankin was a tough one to take but if they want to come back why would we say no, we simply do not have the resources to turn down talented players when they appear. Also, realistically none of our players are good enough to make it with England, unlike in 2011-2015 when Englands LO teams were a joke they've got lots of dynamic quality players now, can't see how any of our players would get anywhere close.

Anyway, with counties less likely to select Irish players due to our busier schedule this should hopefully not be a problem in future.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hopefully test status will help Ireland's cause.

It seems their growth has been stunted no thanks to ICC.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I was the ICC president. I would give Ireland Test status, Day 1. Fund more to Afghans domestic leagues, Day 2. Kiss hug beg whatever it takes to BCCI to play a series at Tokyo or Beijing against Pak - ASAP. World Cricket misses the rivalry. After signed document; resign. Job is done.

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Donal Cozzie. Great comeback by Ireland.

And this is becoming a pattern for Afghanistan. They go 2-0 up in the series, but can't finish the job. This is the third time an opposition has made it back to 2-2.

Interesting game awaiting.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Ireland has done exceptionally well here. Beating Afghans in South Asia isn't easy, form that I can say that they'll beat Afghans at home or in UK with their seemers & with Rashid missing his favourite condition.

More than Afghans, I'll back Ireland to get as much ICC support as possible because that'll help keeping their best players out of ECB's reach.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @amit man I'm hurt here, where's your love for the Irish team

You got two days to get a photo else I'm blocking you
    There were no Irish guys that day. But some Irish fans are coming over for the Intercontinental cup and I will have a pic with the Irish guys then

Give me time of 1 week. I will be going on either 28th or 29th for Intercontinental cup

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    There were no Irish guys that day. But some Irish fans are coming over for the Intercontinental cup and I will have a pic with the Irish guys then

Give me time of 1 week. I will be going on either 28th or 29th for Intercontinental cup
    Maaan,

Do you like Associate Cricket so much that you even go for their matches as a neutral fan?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javiersuka View Post
    Maaan,

Do you like Associate Cricket so much that you even go for their matches as a neutral fan?
    That stadium where Afg v Ire is happening is just 35 kms away from my home. I have already gone to 2 matches

And I have always loved Associate cricket

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Afghanistan have beaten Bangladesh three times already, they are definitely a good team on the up.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That stadium where Afg v Ire is happening is just 35 kms away from my home. I have already gone to 2 matches

More pictures please!

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, you should be uploading more pics as often as you can from the stadium which is Afghanistans home venue.

Some with players and some with fans.

Thanks.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Have you clicked some pictures of the Noida stadium yet?

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2006 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Congratulations @landofthebravepeople @AFG_Brit

A thoroughly enjoyable series that either team deserved to win IMO, every match a close game. Main difference in the sides was the lack of an attacking option on our side like Rashid plus your deep batting order.

On to the ICC Intercontinental Cup match now, promises also to be a great affair. Wish it was televised! Hopefully will be a stream.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Congratulations @landofthebravepeople @AFG_Brit

A thoroughly enjoyable series that either team deserved to win IMO, every match a close game. Main difference in the sides was the lack of an attacking option on our side like Rashid plus your deep batting order

On to the ICC Intercontinental Cup match now, promises also to be a great affair. Wish it was televised! Hopefully will be a stream.

Thanks mate, indeed Ireland played very well and I liked the way they paced in their innings whilst chasing. Great win for Afghanistan, and I liked the team we played in the final match. Great mix of batsman, fast bowlers, spinners and all rounders.

Hope to get test status soon and play against top teams.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Congrats to both teams - not sure though why Irish Captain decided to bat first, after winning last 2 matches chasing.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan doing well in Intercontinental cup. Rashid Khan at it again with 5/54

Afghanistan 537/8 d in the 1st innings with Stanikzai & Zazai getting 100s. Ireland were cruising at 123/1 before Rashid Khan took 5 of the next 6 wickets to fall to have Ireland at 170/7

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I am going to the Intercontinental cup match tomorrow

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ireland are 19 points ahead of Afghanistan. Afghanistan need to get all 20 points to get ahead of Ireland by 1 point. At the moment things are looking very good.

Ireland spinners could hardly trouble Afghanistan, but Afghan spinners Rashid and Zahir Khan is doing a fine job. Pitch might deteriorate even more tomorrow and the day after. Ireland might struggle to save this game with 13 wickets in hand and 360+ runs behind with two full day play left.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to the Intercontinental cup match tomorrow
    Lucky you. Enjoy it.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was very good toss to win for Afghanistan and Stanikzai played a great knock.

However Nabi claiming a catch when he clearly dropped the catch was not cool. Need to learn to be a better sportsman. This is not his first time. He was involved in a controversial dismissal of Ed Joyce in an Odi as well... Luckily it did not cost Ireland today.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Afghanistan have beaten Bangladesh three times already, they are definitely a good team on the up.
    Afghanistan have only beaten Bangladesh twice. Not three times.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...ults;type=team

The first one was when several key players were missing: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafee on top of which guys like Sabbir, taskin, Mustafiz hadn't yet made the squad. The second was legit, but AFG barely snuck through. They were soundly beaten in the 3rd and final match so while 2-1 looks close, it wasnt that close.

The 2 world cup matches played so far Afghanistan have lost by massive margins: 100+ runs and 9 wickets.

And just like that, I sound like a lot of IndoPak posters replying to BD fans, lol.
    Last edited by Shutdown Corner; 29th March 2017 at 16:57.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to see the Shadab vs Rashid battle in the CPL. Both look really promising. Rashid's main weapon is that his delivery is much faster than your average legspinner.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutdown Corner View Post

The first one was when several key players were missing: Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafee on top of which guys like Sabbir, taskin, Mustafiz hadn't yet made the squad. The second was legit, but AFG barely snuck through. They were soundly beaten in the 3rd and final match so while 2-1 looks close, it wasnt that close.

The 2 world cup matches played so far Afghanistan have lost by massive margins: 100+ runs and 9 wickets.

And just like that, I sound like a lot of IndoPak posters replying to BD fans, lol.
    The 2-1 could have gone either way. Bangladesh won the 1st ODI by 7 runs, that too when Afghanistan were in a comfortable position, but lacked the experience

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is like the 1000th time I hear a BD fans whining about how the first ODI win was not legit. And make all sort of excuses of he or she was not playing. Stop crying. It's just a ODI match.

The series was very close. Infact Afghanistan choked in the first ODI otherwise they would have beaten BD in a 3 match series.

Afghanistan is making quick progress. Not like BD who only showing signs of improvement after receiving 20 years of spanking after becoming a test team. One thing is for sure both Ireland and Afghanistan are much better teams then BD when they got test status. Ireland should have gotten test status 5 years ago. Unfair to them.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    999 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I went to the 2nd ODI as well on 17th March That's me with a Afghanistan fan

India-Afghanistan friendship

Name:  17362635_10155145898612661_5390064707669836372_n.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  102.6 KB
    Nice. Which one are you!

Lol you talk as if 35km is just the next street

It's a HUGE distance to cover to go to a match not involving your home team.

How many folks are there though? Atleast 500?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ I drive 120 km/hr on the highway. 35 km is like a 20 minute drive.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Afghanistan beat Ireland by an innings and 172 runs ( 4day match)

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Da Afghanistan da mebarak
    can't wait to see you playing test cricket, we'll win probably, but it'll be nice to see anyways

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Congrats ,apparently we too lost to Afghans in U-23 tournament,good day for Afghans.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy for the Afghans, they have the most exciting group of youngsters coming up in SC after India and Bangladesh.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mightily impressed by the Afghans. The Irish have been playing county for years so I expected them to do better but I guess the talent of Rashid and Nabi was too much for them on these turning tracks. They also beat India in the Emerging cup, so that means they have great talent coming through. With most of their players having played in Peshawar, this is understandable.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    This is like the 1000th time I hear a BD fans whining about how the first ODI win was not legit. And make all sort of excuses of he or she was not playing. Stop crying. It's just a ODI match.

The series was very close. Infact Afghanistan choked in the first ODI otherwise they would have beaten BD in a 3 match series.

Fans will always make excuses. The real issue is whether those excuses are valid or not. Afghanistan chocked after Bangladesh was shaking off 6 months of rust. Keep things in perspective bro. It was a 3 match series and both sides had chances to get back into form. If the series was meant to be close, the 3rd ODI would have been close too. Or at least closer than 80 runs. It was all even till that game and Afghanistan was literally pounded just like the 2 world cup games. Afghans still dont have the mental strength to beat BD in the clutch.

Afghanistan is making quick progress. Not like BD who only showing signs of improvement after receiving 20 years of spanking after becoming a test team.
    Once again context. Irish players get to play county cricket, BD never played Ranji or QeA. Afghans and Irish have benefitted greatly from regular matches via WCL and IC Cup. BD, ZIM, SL didn't get the same level of support. We got only a single bilateral seriez with a full member before Test status (a 2 match series vs WI). Afghanistan have already gotten 5 or 6. When you factor all that in, Afghans should be way ahead of Bangladesh in 2000.

Afghan bowling is far superior, both spin and pace. But their batting is not much better if not worse than what BD had with Bashar, Javed Omar, Ashraful era. Overall a much better team, but Afghans will find that even Zimbabwe will make them sweat for 3 days (still expect Afg to beat Zimbabwe comfortably).
    Last edited by Shutdown Corner; 30th March 2017 at 19:09.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pics from the Intercontinental cup. This post will make @Donal Cozzie happy

Name:  17553558_10155187720327661_8830908687559587193_n.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  74.4 KB
    Name:  17554201_10155187720282661_329400752795410549_n.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  50.7 KB
    Name:  17554386_10155187720812661_4099419336315906420_n.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  124.9 KB
    Name:  17498391_10155187719947661_2527384954128857660_n.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  58.4 KB
    Name:  17630023_10155187720252661_577871811158809516_n.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  57.8 KB

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    More pics

Name:  17523284_10155187720662661_8670471349175737683_n.jpg
Size:  68.1 KB
    Name:  17553896_10155187720487661_7988739709450259812_n.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  95.4 KB
    Name:  17554562_10155187720872661_9122993285455935048_n.jpg
Size:  54.9 KB

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2-1 could have gone either way. Bangladesh won the 1st ODI by 7 runs, that too when Afghanistan were in a comfortable position, but lacked the experience
    Same with BD's recent tour of NZ. Of course BD fans take the positives from such losses as should the Afghans. Bangladesh should have also drawn Tests in NZ and India as well. Same standards should apply for all teams, or none of them.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol..everyone wanted a picture with the young spinner.

Are there more matches to come? I think I'll make a visit too.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shapoor looks badass in that pic

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post

Afghanistan is making quick progress. Not like BD who only showing signs of improvement after receiving 20 years of spanking after becoming a test team. One thing is for sure both Ireland and Afghanistan are much better teams then BD when they got test status. Ireland should have gotten test status 5 years ago. Unfair to them.
    Reckon Afghanistan would beat BD easily in a T20 series.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    Reckon Afghanistan would beat BD easily in a T20 series.
    After they beat us in the Asia Cup everyone reckoned they'd beat us in the WT20, but they lost by 9 wickets. Then everyone reckoned they'd win with their pace attack on the bouncy pitches of Australia, and lost by 105 runs.

That being said, Afghans are a rapidly growing side.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    After they beat us in the Asia Cup everyone reckoned they'd beat us in the WT20, but they lost by 9 wickets. Then everyone reckoned they'd win with their pace attack on the bouncy pitches of Australia, and lost by 105 runs.

That being said, Afghans are a rapidly growing side.
    I was half-trolling as I am sick of BD posters doing the same.