Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"I wanted to show the world what I could do with the bat and ball" : Shadab Khan

The recently concluded Pakistan Super League received global attention and was widely adjudged as a success. Apart from the quality of the competition, the return of high-profile cricket on Pakistani soil with the final of the tournament being played in Pakistan was a fantastic achievement by the organisers.

Whilst the tournament encapsulated the essence of the typical Twenty20 franchise-based format in terms of the entertainment aspect of the game, there was a far more important aim of holding a competition which would result in the unearthing of fresh new talent which could serve Pakistan in the future.

In that respect, the emergence of the eighteen-year-old all-rounder Shadab Khan who played for the Islamabad United team, represents a fantastic success story for the tournament.

In an exclusive interview with PakPassion.net, Shadab, fresh from his outstanding performances in UAE spoke about the PSL experience, the praise he has received from Wasim Akram and Dean Jones and his ambition to secure a place in the Pakistan team in all three formats of the game.

For any youngster, a place in one of the five franchises in the PSL tournament must be the stuff of dreams. For Shadab, the experience of playing alongside some top names is something he will cherish for a long time to come.

“It was a like a dream come true to play in the PSL. The whole experience of playing such a top-level tournament was amazing. I was aware that pictures from this tournament were being telecast around the world and I really wanted to use this opportunity to show the world what I could do with the bat and ball. I had the prayers of my family and friends guiding me and The Almighty helped me in my aims and the tournament passed off well for me.”

To be praised by a legendary cricketer such as Wasim Akam when he classed Shadab as one who has the “ability to play for Pakistan”, or to have received appreciation from one of the top coaches such as Dean Jones where he felt that the youngster had the “head of a thirty-year-old” must be extremely heartening for any player.

“It was indeed an honour to receive such praise from former players of such stature. In fact, even our captain Misbah-ul-Haq gave me some great advice throughout the tournament. As you know, this tournament is so much like playing at the international level and the coaches and seniors really encouraged me and instilled confidence in me. I also made sure that I asked them for their advice at every point during the PSL and I hope that all I have learned there will help me in the future.”

Shadab’s presence in the Islamabad line-up was of great importance in their quest for retaining the title in the 2017 edition. Whilst the young all-rounder picked nine wickets and scored sixty-six runs, he feels that he could have done better and the room for improvement is something which will continue to drive him as he explained, “I worked very hard in practice and also during the domestic season before this tournament and that did pay off in part. I feel that I bowled well and with a good economy rate, especially for a spinner in such competitions. Where I lacked was in the batting department and I am disappointed that I could not perform well enough to be a stand-out all-rounder in the tournament because I do feel that I had the ability to do better.”

The importance of a good mentor in the development of any young player is crucial. The former Pakistan leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has been an instrumental in imparting knowledge to many players including the much-respected current Pakistan bowler Yasir Shah. In that regard, the advice of Mushtaq to Shadab seems to have played a key role during the PSL.

“I am indebted to Mushtaq Ahmed who has been my adviser throughout the past few weeks in the PSL. He remained in touch and gave me important tips on how to bowl to specific batsmen and the strategy needed in particular game situations. His words gave me a lot of confidence and I am really happy that I had someone of his calibre as my personal adviser and am sure that had a positive effect on my performance during the PSL.”

Misbah-ul-Haq’s leadership was praised in many quarters for his role in taking the Islamabad team to the pinnacle in the 2016 edition. Whilst the second edition of the PSL did not result in the retention of the title, the experience gained by the younger members by playing under Misbah was invaluable. This is something Shadab appreciated as he stated, “Misbah’s advice was simply fantastic and I consider him a legendary player. He always had words for me for my batting but also gave me invaluable tips about bowling within the stumps during games as I was sometimes losing focus in these tense Twenty20 games. He told me how I could increase my chances of taking wickets by following the simple discipline of bowling at the stumps. Of course, there was much more to learn from Misbah’s batting but sadly I could not apply what I learnt as we saw in the last knockout game against Karachi. I failed to take stock of the situation which our captain is so good in doing. But I can assure you that I have learnt my lesson and if such a situation occurs again, I won’t repeat that mistake.”

The 2017 PSL tournament for all its successes had some moments of darkness when two of Islamabad United’s players were accused of corruption and suspended. The shock of such a revelation is something Shadab feels to this day.

“It was shocking but we had no idea this had happened until we were told that the two players had already been sent back to Pakistan. As far as I am concerned, we have all been told many times in simple language during special lectures to be wary of such situations so this was a strange thing to have happened.”

The disappointment of bowing out of the tournament in which Islamabad had been the ultimate victors in 2016 was a hard pill to swallow for the squad members but for Shadab, there are some memories of the tournament which he would treasure forever. Whilst the game against Lahore Qalandars where he scored forty-two runs and took two wickets would be standout in terms of his personal score and bowling figures but the performance that gave him the most satisfaction was in the final game against Karachi as he recalls, “This was a tough game as there was a lot of dew and it was difficult to grip the ball. I only took one wicket in that game but the experience of bowling in such conditions will stay with me forever. Apart from this game, I was also pleased to have taken the wickets of Kamran Akmal and Babar Azam as they were the top two run-scorers in the tournament.”

With the PSL tournament now history, Shadab’s thoughts are directed towards his future. It is clear that the experience that the young all-rounder has acquired during the past few weeks along with the exposure to top-level cricket should help him in his future ambitions. Far from being over-ambitious in his aims for the future, Shadab is keeping his feet firmly on the ground as he remarked, “I feel that I am ready to play in all three formats of the game and make a mark for myself as an all-rounder. But I also know that there is hard work to be done for me to succeed in achieving my goals. Like any other Pakistani player, I would also like to play for my country. To achieve that I will continue to work hard regardless of however long it takes to be noticed by the selectors for a chance to play in the national team”, he concluded.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1067 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope the sudden fame and attention doesn't get to him. Bigger and better players have fallen by the wayside because of it.

Keep your head down and keep working hard.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I hope the sudden fame and attention doesn't get to him. Bigger and better players have fallen by the wayside because of it.

Well said! Talent is only ticket to the game . . thereafter, its all about staying humble, putting your head down and working your backside off . . have the hunger to succeed and be the best!

Examples of Umar Akmal and Ahmed shehzad are clearly there for those who were talented but didn't have the required work ethic, hunger, desire, whatever you wana call it . . and after years and years of playing for Pakistan, they are still fringe players . .

Shabab has a lot of things going for him! But this is only just the beginning . . potential superstar provided he wants to become one and is willing to work for it!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are a good player and keep working hard but please never let down your team and Pakistan as sharjeel did.
    You are the future of Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am blessed in all three facets of the game.

I have high hopes from him.. but deep down I fear.. he can go the same way as umar or shahzad. He need to work hard.
    Misbah himself was leggy and he said he realized that being leggy is full time job and he cannot work on his batting enough.. i think shadab has to put alot of energy to be an all rounder. Though before psl i knew him more as a batsmen.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    615 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Great talent. Kudos to Islamabad United for scouting and picking the best talent possible, with the most number of youngsta beauty talent.

Whilst the second edition of the PSL did not result in the retention of the title, the experience gained by the younger members by playing under Misbah was invaluable. This is something Shadab appreciated as he stated, “Misbah’s advice was simply fantastic and I consider him a legendary player. He always had words for me for my batting but also gave me invaluable tips about bowling
    Some haters on here will try to make you believe the opposite happens. But in reality, the legendary King has been doing a great service for us helping out and picking the youngsta beauties.

Don't let propaganda affect your judgment.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Its very rare for talented young PK players not to fall into that trap- lets hope he is the exception.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mushy is a key man in the development of all these spinners. We've seen already how lost Yasir has been when he hasn't been around as spin bowling coach so need to make good use of his services.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    captain helped him alot. good to know.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am glad he never took advise from Misbah or else we would get another Ahmad Shezad.

Good player, good person the question is when will he debut?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next superstar of Pakistan cricket!

Have really high hopes from him. All the best <3

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shadab picked by Trinbago Knight Riders in CPL for $30,000.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as TTF hafeez and tanveers are there no youngster will be given a chance.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Good point and a major problem with Pakistani players.

A couple of performances and they think they are a superstar.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The thing about Shadab is when he was playing in the PSL, I just wanted to see more and more of him. He impressed in all 3 departments. I hope he keeps working at his game especially his bowling. We desperately need wicket taking bowlers in LO.

Playing in CPL will be good for his development. Liking his words about Misbah.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1347 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Promising talent but there is always the danger of imploding with these guys.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Favorite player in the team right now, Pretty good batsman who seems to bat at good rate with some good shots.

Sharp with the ball, Hopefully carries on the good work and churn out a great career.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be humble, young lad, and you could very well be the next rockstar of Pakistan. No one became a rockstar by self-proclaiming his greatness, let the ball and the bat do the talking.

Are we there yet?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allah nazar e bad sai bachai.
    Ameen

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Now he gets a chance to show what he can do for Pakistan.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    What a debut!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    What a debut!
    We all saw it coming bro.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Gold's Gym
    Runs
    Mentioned
    834 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1314
Size:  314.5 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1392
Size:  259.5 KB
    Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  253.2 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  292.9 KB

You gotta work until your idols become your rivals.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    508 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Brilliant from Shadab Khan

Keep it up!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Shadab Khan's emergence a whiff of fresh air for visitors after spot-fixing storm

The past few months have seen some extraordinarily tumultuous events shake the core of Pakistan cricket. Spot-fixing allegations against some established players emerged during the 2017 edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL). The power of this bad news is such that even the historic holding of the final of this prestigious Twenty20 league in Lahore seems to have taken a backseat to the almost daily updates regarding the ongoing investigations into the matter.

Good news, thus, has been in short supply in Pakistan cricket in the recent past, but on Sunday evening and in a matter of a few deliveries, a young man called Shadab Khan from the city that brought us Misbah-ul-Haq - Mianwalli - brought hope and joy to millions of ardent Pakistan supporters.

Whilst his exploits in the first T20I during the current tour of the West Indies weren’t exactly a shock to many experts and fans who had forecast greatness for the 18-year-old leg-spinner, it is true that the way he went about his business on debut was truly eye-opening.

From his confident gait as he took the ball for the first time in the match to the elegance and maturity with which he sent down every delivery during his four overs, whatever doubt anyone had about his abilities disappeared into thin air.

The young debutant delivered four accurate overs in which he dismantled the West Indies top order with aplomb taking three wickets and in the process, became the most economical bowler in a four-over spell on debut in T20Is, as he gave away a miserly seven runs. Shadab thus took the game away from the reigning world champions in a spectacular spell of leg-spin bowling, mixing regular deliveries with a healthy dose of googlies which would have even made the maestro, Shane Warne, smile with joy.

And the Warne reference is no coincidence. Shadab has been a fan of the great Australian leg-spinner from a young age, but the former Pakistan leg-spinner Mushtaq Ahmed has also played a big role in the development of this teenager. It is, therefore, no surprise that with Warne as his role model and Mushtaq as his mentor, Shadab is ready to take on the best in the game at the international level.

Like many aspiring young cricketers in Pakistan, Shadab’s journey into cricket started with playing tape-ball cricket in his neighbourhood. His parents were never in favour of him forsaking his studies for the love of the game. It is however possible that they were swayed by the success of another resident of Mianwalli in the shape of Misbah. While the Pakistan Test captain may not have known about the exciting young talent rapidly developing in his hometown, he, like many others, got to understand and admire the talent of Shadab at close quarters recently in the PSL.

Shadab was picked by Islamabad United for their title defence in the second edition of the PSL and within a period of a few weeks became one of the most talked about talents in the country. It was no ordinary achievement for the young man when during the tournament, Wasim Akram, one of the greatest bowlers the world has ever produced, spoke about Shadab’s ability to play for Pakistan in the very near future. As a further testament to Shadab’s skills, even the vastly experienced Dean Jones felt that the youngster had the “head of a 30-year-old”, referring to the maturity in his bowling which went far beyond his age.

With some fantastic performances in some high-octane and close games during the PSL, Shadab was able to impress all with his skills, temperament and maturity. Not satisfied with just being a good bowler, Shadab also presented himself as a genuine all-round prospect for his team with arguably his best all-round performance coming during a nail-biter against Lahore Qalandars in Sharjah. He scored a rapid-fire 42 in just 24 balls in that match, and then picked up the crucial wickets of Umar Akmal and Fakhar Zaman. Unfortunately, his team went on to lose the game but what the world of cricket saw in the confident player that evening was proof enough that a young star was truly in the making.

With nine wickets in a competition labelled by many as the one of the toughest Twenty20 leagues in the world, it was no great surprise that the Pakistan selectors picked Shadab for the preparatory camp for the tour of the West Indies. It was there that Pakistan’s head coach Mickey Arthur had a closer look at what Shadab could do for his country and his selection for the tour became a mere formality. It was as if his success was pre-destined and the young man did not disappoint his fans and admirers on 26 March in Barbados.

The history of Pakistan cricket is littered with many wonderful talents who have flattered to deceive, falling by the wayside as their initial successes have given way to subsequent failures and mediocrity. Many such talented players have fallen by the wayside and disappeared into the abyss of Pakistan domestic cricket.

However in Shadab, Pakistan has found an excellent prospect, a gem, who has the ability to turn games on their head with bat, ball and on the field. With examples of precocious talents such as Umar Akmal who had promised so much in the past, it is important that Shadab is nurtured and guided to continue to fulfil his potential.

There are already calls for his name to be included in the Test side and the pressure to perform again and again will be a tremendous burden on his young shoulders. How Shadab, at the tender age of 18, responds to this pressure will be a supreme test of his temperament and will define how far he will go in his career. If handled correctly and allowed to develop, and judging by his debut, Shadab has all the ingredients to become a big resource for Pakistan.

http://www.firstpost.com/sports/west...m-3356312.html
    Last edited by Abdullah719; 28th March 2017 at 15:42.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Doing well with the bat so far!

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    737 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shadab looks a special talent.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Can he make a debut tomorrow?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hope so

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Mubarak to Shadab!

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

y not use shadab a bit higher in the batting order as hitter

not seen much of shadab but what i have seen , he seems to be a better batsmen than many hecks n pecks.... y not get him up the order, 5/6 ?

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the Pakistani dressing room is infiltrated with a pointless concept of seniority and there is no way in hell that Shadab will bat over Wahab Riaz let alone the likes of Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz despite his ability as a power hitter.

One of the major reasons why we continue to be the lowest ranked ODI side.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Because the Pakistani dressing room is infiltrated with a pointless concept of seniority and there is no way in hell that Shadab will bat over Wahab Riaz let alone the likes of Hafeez, Malik and Sarfraz despite his ability as a power hitter.

One of the major reasons why we continue to be the lowest ranked ODI side.
    Sarfraz another religious follower of seniority tag.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Excellent spell from Shadab today. Better than his figures suggest

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Two Man of the Match awards in two games at the CPL, certainly showing the world what he can do.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I only really care about the Test team, and I think that Shadab Khan needs to replace Yasir Shah ASAP.

I get that Shadab will never become as good a bowler. But the choice appears to be this:

Option 1
    Thirty one years old
    Can average 32 as a Test bowler
    Can bat at 9 or 10 and average 13 as a batsman.
    Skipper can get over-reliant on his accuracy and overbowl him outside Asia.

Option 2
    Eighteen years old
    Can average 35 as a Test bowler.
    Can bat at 7 and average 30+ as a Test batsman.

Sorry, but I'd take Option 2 every time.

If you wait until the youngster is as good a bowler as the 31 year old, he will never get into the team.

But balance is everything.

When the team is 170-5 after 45 overs at Johannesburg next year in the Second Test, on a wicket which favours quick bowlers, I'd like a tail of

6 Sarfraz Ahmed
    7 Aamer Yamin
    8 Shadab Khan
    9 Mohammad Amir
    10 Hasan Ali
    11 Mohammad Abbas

At least that tail is fairly likely to convert 170-5 into 310 all out.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I only really care about the Test team, and I think that Shadab Khan needs to replace Yasir Shah ASAP.

I get that Shadab will never become as good a bowler. But the choice appears to be this:

Option 1
    Thirty one years old

Option 2
    Eighteen years old

If you wait until the youngster is as good a bowler as the 31 year old, he will never get into the team.

When the team is 170-5 after 45 overs at Johannesburg next year in the Second Test, on a wicket which favours quick bowlers, I'd like a tail of

6 Sarfraz Ahmed
    7 Aamer Yamin
    8 Shadab Khan
    9 Mohammad Amir
    10 Hasan Ali
    11 Mohammad Abbas

The idea that Pakistan should drop their most prolific bowler, the only Pakistani bowler to have been ranked no 1 in the world in recent memory, is staggering.

Waver from your principles you don't.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Option 1
    Thirty one years old

Option 2
    Eighteen years old

6 Sarfraz Ahmed
    7 Aamer Yamin
    8 Shadab Khan
    9 Mohammad Amir
    10 Hasan Ali
    11 Mohammad Abbas

I agree with you. Yasir Shah is very good. But Shadab is a better long term option.

However, I question your statements that "Shadab will never be as good as Yasir" and "will averag 35".

I realise you me suggesting this hypothetically. However, Shadab is 18 and has all the RAW tools. He definitely has the POTENTIAL to be FAR better then Yasir. And he can bat. I am NOT saying he will be better. I am saying he has GOOD POTENTIAL to be better.

I would be all for replacing Yasir with Shadab and giving him a run of ten tests where he will be able to learn the nuances of test cricket.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Option 1
    Thirty one years old

Option 2
    Eighteen years old

6 Sarfraz Ahmed
    7 Aamer Yamin
    8 Shadab Khan
    9 Mohammad Amir
    10 Hasan Ali
    11 Mohammad Abbas

Yasir will play for another half a decade no matter what, please make your peace with it brother.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1457 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah has had ample opportunities.

But in the ten Tests in England, New Zealand and Australia he averaged 70 with the ball.

That's not good enough.

I believe that outside Asia, a spinner is effectively a specialist batsman until Day 4. Again, Shadab has far more potential.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    I agree with you. Yasir Shah is very good. But Shadab is a better long term option.

However, I question your statements that "Shadab will never be as good as Yasir" and "will averag 35".

I realise you me suggesting this hypothetically. However, Shadab is 18 and has all the RAW tools. He definitely has the POTENTIAL to be FAR better then Yasir. And he can bat. I am NOT saying he will be better. I am saying he has GOOD POTENTIAL to be better.

I would be all for replacing Yasir with Shadab and giving him a run of ten tests where he will be able to learn the nuances of test cricket.
    Shadab needs to play more first class cricket before he is considered for tests again. The last thing you want to do is ruin his confidence. Not sure if you saw his debut in tests v Windies but his inexperience in the longer format was on display.

(By the way, I say this as someone who is a huge supporter of Shadab).