Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Results 1 to 71 of 71
  1. #1
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,770
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    When was the last time you went a whole day without eating meat?

    Was just having this discussion with a cousin and back in summer of 2009 was the last time I went 24 hours without meat.damnn. Kinda feel bad

    (Fish isn't considered meat but can be included here)


    #MPGA

  2. #2
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,534
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day choro... I think the last time I had a meal that did not have meat in it was last Monday about 12 days ago. I had aloo and green beans sabzi for dinner that night.

    I don't even remember the last full day I went without consuming meat.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,534
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There were times when we had kichri or daal chawal made for dinner, but those always had a side of some leftover meat dish from lunch or previous days. So those don't count either.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,770
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    There were times when we had kichri or daal chawal made for dinner, but those always had a side of some leftover meat dish from lunch or previous days. So those don't count either.
    Same

    Whenever we have a sabzi salan or sth we always have some light chicken dish as well. Or I just eat out

  5. #5
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    20,855
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I don't eat much meat any more, and stopped drinking milk too. I decided not to cooperate with an industry which uses creatures with a similar nervous system to mine as raw material.

    Plus, meat farming is incredible destructive of the environment. A vegan driving a Hummer has a lower carbon footprint than a meat-eater riding a bicycle!

  6. #6
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,477
    Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I went two years without it. Normally, I can go a week without a problem.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    8,027
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Never !!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    2,698
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't..

    It never tastes good without chicken, fish, egg, mutton or beef.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    970
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two or three times on average. Yesterday was the last time I went without meat. I don't really like meat, daal mash best hai.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    460
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I become a vegetarian at the age of 10. My family decided to do quarbani in the back yard. I was so horrified at the sight of an animal being slaughtered that I could no longer eat animals.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    1,102
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wao i never had meat untill i was 20 years old...i do eat chicken or mutton 3-4 times probably a month at most.....In india even non vegetarians dont consume as frequently as you guys eat that cant even spend a day without it.....

  12. #12
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    11,682
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I eat mutton once or twice a week.Mom won't allow more than that.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,770
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    I eat mutton once or twice a week.Mom won't allow more than that.
    Chicken?

  14. #14
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    11,682
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Chicken?
    Like mutton more, preferably jhatka but wouldn't mind eating halal either. Chicken is ok too but tastes like aloo ki sabzi in front of laal maans that we cook at home.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  15. #15
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    214
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is that even hard to do? Went without meat many times, easily done. Meat should not be consumed more than two/three days a week, from the Hadiths. The is a reason why, it's warned not to consume too much meat per weak/months. Two, three days is enough, your body doesn't need it every day!

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,556
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    I eat mutton once or twice a week.Mom won't allow more than that.
    Same here. it's the only meat i take and it's once a week or so.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    10,432
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have diverse food choices

    Eating too much meat can be monotonous for me.

  18. #18
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    11,682
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Same here. it's the only meat i take and it's once a week or so.
    Is it just me or that quality of murghas have gone down drastically
    In my village ,Khatiks(comes under SC, traditionally associated with meat selling) would make the chickens drink desi alcohol which would result in an exponential growth which wouldn't have been possible in normal circumstances.Loads of shady practices being employed.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  19. #19
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    10,556
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    Is it just me or that quality of murghas have gone down drastically
    In my village ,Khatiks(comes under SC, traditionally associated with meat selling) would make the chickens drink desi alcohol which would result in an exponential growth which wouldn't have been possible in normal circumstances.Loads of shady practices being employed.
    In bangalore, we get only broiler chicken these days and i absolutely avoid that unhealthy stuff. It's either mutton or fish. Country chicken is no longer found in urban areas i think.


    'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

  20. #20
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,770
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    How is that even hard to do? Went without meat many times, easily done. Meat should not be consumed more than two/three days a week, from the Hadiths. The is a reason why, it's warned not to consume too much meat per weak/months. Two, three days is enough, your body doesn't need it every day!
    Yes apparently Prophet pbuh went weeks

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dûr
    Runs
    11,682
    Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    In bangalore, we get only broiler chicken these days and i absolutely avoid that unhealthy stuff. It's either mutton or fish. Country chicken is no longer found in urban areas i think.
    Yeah desi ones are miles better compared to the broilers but with everyone looking for profit now a days,one can't even trust the former.


    Tazimi Sirdar

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    1,235
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least 20 days a month.

    Even for 10 days when I do take meat, 6 times its sea food.

  23. #23
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    18,970
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I don't like to eat meat every day, but it's preference, not due to some moral code. I mix it up with seafood or a couple of days a week vegetarian. Meat every day just feels too heavy.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,976
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can eat meat in each and every meal for the rest of my life. Meat and booze, I love them to death.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    3,156
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I first read it as 'When was the last time you went a whole day without eating meal?' and started to think of the days (not many though) I have gone through without having proper meal.

    As for meat or chicken, I mostly eat it at shadis or functions. At home, I eat it in only in biryani or pulao which is cooked like once a week.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    81,759
    Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Several times.

  27. #27
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    7,115
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won't happen until I move out.


    "Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    2,497
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never liked Mutton or Beef and haven't had either in about a year. The only time I do have to have Mutton is when my parents force me on Eid. As for chicken, its almost everyday. However, over the past couple of months, I've seriously been thinking about this and there are a number of reasons:
    1) Firstly its heart breaking to see the way animals are treated in these factories and slaughterhouses. Killed incessantly without any peace. Treated like incubators. Machines.
    2) Its very unhealthy. Its all over the news. Everyone's talking about how these chicken we eat are nothing but fodder and are given medicine to grow up quickly.
    3) I remember reading something Imam Ali A.S once said, "Do not make of your stomachs a graveyard of animals.". This really makes you think. Sure, Islam doesn't ask you to be vegans but are we really supposed to eat as much meat as we do? I'm no aalim but its really something to think about.

    Thus, I'm planning to eat chicken (and other forms of meat) less frequently now. Perhaps once or twice in a week. I can't go vegan because I love Desi food too much, like Biryani. But cutting it down is definite. Even for religious reasons.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    460
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Last edited by Muhammad10; 11th March 2017 at 15:55.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    460
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Last edited by Muhammad10; 11th March 2017 at 17:31.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have never eaten meat yet.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    8,912
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're contributing to environment change by over consuming meat and creating more demand for meat.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,322
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today. And yesterday. And the day before. And etc.

    For over a year now I have been a vegetarian.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    24,739
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Today. And yesterday. And the day before. And etc.

    For over a year now I have been a vegetarian.
    Why did you choose to go vegetarian?


    Due to training , I need to eat meat everyday for protein.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  35. #35
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,322
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Why did you choose to go vegetarian?


    Due to training , I need to eat meat everyday for protein.
    Ethics

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    24,739
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ethics
    On what principle?


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Springdale
    Runs
    5,359
    Mentioned
    663 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    It won't happen until I move out.
    Basically this. I absolutely hate veggies but have to eat them because of parents; won't touch them even once after I'm living by myself.


    I don't want nobody around me that I have to question.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    9,305
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yesterday and the day before too.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    14,954
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    7 years now without meat. Loved Mutton seekh,Mutton Biryani before and crave it once in a while even now,chicken was great but was easy to give up except chicken tikka and ch 65.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,322
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    On what principle?
    Less animals being needlessly slaughtered, less harm to the environment.

    As for vegetarian athletes, try Carl Lewis and David Haye.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    11,455
    Mentioned
    605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    dont eat meat everyday as it gets too heavy normally try to have at least 2 meat free days in a week. But generally eat Meat 4 or 5 times a week.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Runs
    46,994
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Was occasional consumer of non-veg food earlier, mostly chicken and fish. 2 years ago i quit on meat totally and looking back its been the best decision of my life. To each their own, but i've sensed a fresh wave of positive thoughts and empathy in me ever since and its had visible positive impact on my life with regards to my general outlook and relationships.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Runs
    46,994
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I don't eat much meat any more, and stopped drinking milk too. I decided not to cooperate with an industry which uses creatures with a similar nervous system to mine as raw material.

    Plus, meat farming is incredible destructive of the environment. A vegan driving a Hummer has a lower carbon footprint than a meat-eater riding a bicycle!
    Incredible.

    Way to go Robert. Very positive thoughts. I read somewhere that more land is used to produce food for animals in meat industry than for human dietary requirements. Sad if true.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    460
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Famous vegetarians




    Last edited by Muhammad10; 12th March 2017 at 15:33.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    107
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IN India we don't consumers that much. I eat normally 1-2 times a week mostly chicken or fish. I'm a gym freak I like lean protein only so not much of red meat

  46. #46
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    32,505
    Mentioned
    2324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Can't remember.


    Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    24,739
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Less animals being needlessly slaughtered, less harm to the environment.

    As for vegetarian athletes, try Carl Lewis and David Haye.
    Fair enough, it's important to eat what you're comfortable with.

    Yes you can eat veggie food as an elite athlete but I like to get maximum protein from meat and I enjoy the taste too.


    Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,322
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKhanWC View Post
    Fair enough, it's important to eat what you're comfortable with.

    Yes you can eat veggie food as an elite athlete but I like to get maximum protein from meat and I enjoy the taste too.
    Totally respect everyone else's choices on diet. Always enjoyed the taste of meat, particularly red meat, but struggled after a while - bought too many domestic pets I think.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Bochum, Deutschland.
    Runs
    8,411
    Mentioned
    1995 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Visited a friend for four days and in the process went four and a half days without meat as they cooked. Gotta say I didn't even miss it, really surprised me tbh. Just goes to show good food is good food. Had never gone near that long without meat before.

    Will definitely consider adding the odd vegetarian meal to my diet now in future, just need to learn how to cook them properly

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    17,718
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donal Cozzie View Post
    Visited a friend for four days and in the process went four and a half days without meat as they cooked. Gotta say I didn't even miss it, really surprised me tbh. Just goes to show good food is good food. Had never gone near that long without meat before.

    Will definitely consider adding the odd vegetarian meal to my diet now in future, just need to learn how to cook them properly
    I don't think afghanistan had eaten any meat for a long time before the series with Ireland Donal hehe

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    17,718
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Less animals being needlessly slaughtered, less harm to the environment.

    As for vegetarian athletes, try Carl Lewis and David Haye.
    He wan't always a vegan, he became one around 2014 which was past the prime of his career. Since becoming a vegan he has fought 3 times, twice vs absolute bums (one of the fighters was a youtube trained fighter) and the most recent bout he fought on one leg vs a cruserweight. Also, has become very injury prone in recent times over the past 4 years or so.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    17,718
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I tried not to eat meat for 2 months, after about 6 weeks I jobbed out and got sick

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    449
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am myself a heavy consumer of meat, but can't help think that the day isn't far when eating meat will be seen as an ancient, barbaric relic of the past.

    We don't need the nutrition from meat, in fact it is terrible for our health, it's bad for the environment, and it is cruel/inhumane to our fellow inhabitants of this planet, who have as much right to live as we do.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,458
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Question for guys going on Vegi diet: What exactly you start eating?

    1. Do you guys still eat dairy(milk, yogurt, cheese, desi ghee)?
    2. For Desies, do you still eat oily food? - Most of the veggies are really not healthy, its full of oil/ghee etc.
    3. Do you go to high Carb diet? - Eating more roti or worse lot more sweets?

    I have met many vegetarian Indians, but their diet is not something look upto. They eat lot of bad stuff too, like oily foot, too much concentrated sugary food aka all kind of sweets, too much salt... Looks like getting away from meat is not helping in a way that it does not translate to healthy diet, so its less inspiring...


    If you want to do things that are certain to succeed, you are doing very obvious thing - E Musk

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    23,411
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I eat chicken twice a week, sometimes only once. Rest of week I eat fish and vegetables.


    Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    2,976
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have been trying to reduce my meat intake for the best part of 4 years.

    I guess I have reduced the overall amount I consume. At one point, both lunch and dinner had some form of meat in it, every day of the week pretty much.

    Now have chicken maybe once or twice a week. Lamb or Beef once a month, if that. Try to be vegeterian mostly, using quorn as a protein substitute, and kidney beans otherwise.

    With desi food which I used to gorge on, I have gone the Indian way and accepted paneer as a 'chicken' substitue. So stuff like Karahi Chicken and Palak Chicken have now become Karahi and Palak paneer. Ocassionally use Tofu too. Unfortunately no substitute for mutton or beef. Quorn in desi food just tastes weird to me.

    Still in the habit of having salmon and eggs as protein hits for lunch, but hopefully will reduce that down further.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,770
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Actually I'm positively surprised that there are so many Pakistani folks here who eat meat very sparingly.

    For me it's prolly less than 20 meals a year in which there's no meat.....


    #MPGA

  58. #58
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    18,970
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yasir View Post
    Question for guys going on Vegi diet: What exactly you start eating?

    1. Do you guys still eat dairy(milk, yogurt, cheese, desi ghee)?
    2. For Desies, do you still eat oily food? - Most of the veggies are really not healthy, its full of oil/ghee etc.
    3. Do you go to high Carb diet? - Eating more roti or worse lot more sweets?

    I have met many vegetarian Indians, but their diet is not something look upto. They eat lot of bad stuff too, like oily foot, too much concentrated sugary food aka all kind of sweets, too much salt... Looks like getting away from meat is not helping in a way that it does not translate to healthy diet, so its less inspiring...
    The Indian version of vegetarian food is too greasy for me, although there are some very tasty dishes. Pakistani vegetarian food is usually better for you, but a bit boring. I am also quite conscious of the health factor rather than any moral issues, that is why I try to mix up my diet as much as possible. That way I can enjoy red meat when I eat it without any worry because I don't have it that often.

    I'm a big believer in eating natural food rather than looking at calories or any other considerations. Try and stick to real food and stay away from processed as much as possible and you won't go far wrong is my opinion.

    This is the best thing about living in a multicultural society, you get to choose from a lot of authentic options from all over the world.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  59. #59
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    16,250
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today. And that's after 7-8 days of voracious meat eating.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,534
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last night was really craving Nihari so I drove over to this place called Patna Kabab which has excellent Nihari, Karahi and kabab.

    I reached there around 6:30 with the intention of getting nihari for take out, but they informed me that they don't have nihari or karhai as they are being prepared at the moment. Which makes sense too since their biggest customer base is typical desis who do not have dinner before 8:30/9.

    I wasn't feeling like kabab so I got the only other option left, DAAL FRY and it was delicious.


    So yesterday was my first meal in a while that was vegetarian. However, it still wasn't a full day of vegetarianism since I had a chicken shawarma for lunch.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    17,718
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Last night was really craving Nihari so I drove over to this place called Patna Kabab which has excellent Nihari, Karahi and kabab.

    I reached there around 6:30 with the intention of getting nihari for take out, but they informed me that they don't have nihari or karhai as they are being prepared at the moment. Which makes sense too since their biggest customer base is typical desis who do not have dinner before 8:30/9.

    I wasn't feeling like kabab so I got the only other option left, DAAL FRY and it was delicious.


    So yesterday was my first meal in a while that was vegetarian. However, it still wasn't a full day of vegetarianism since I had a chicken shawarma for lunch.
    Was it the yellow/orange one? it's probably my favorite non-meat dish I love it

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    20,534
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    Was it the yellow/orange one? it's probably my favorite non-meat dish I love it
    Yup that's the one.

    Can't say it was healthy because it was swimming in a tub of oil.



    No wonder even vegetarian desis have huge bellies.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    17,718
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Yup that's the one.

    Can't say it was healthy because it was swimming in a tub of oil.



    No wonder even vegetarian desis have huge bellies.
    That's one of the worst things about eating out, they always put WAY too much oil then they actually need; I mean it affects their business as well when they use ingredients in excess but no one seems to care. True, it's fashion to see a turban uncle with a big tid would be weird to see them in great shape

  64. #64
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    1,620
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Last night was really craving Nihari so I drove over to this place called Patna Kabab which has excellent Nihari, Karahi and kabab.

    I reached there around 6:30 with the intention of getting nihari for take out, but they informed me that they don't have nihari or karhai as they are being prepared at the moment. Which makes sense too since their biggest customer base is typical desis who do not have dinner before 8:30/9.

    I wasn't feeling like kabab so I got the only other option left, DAAL FRY and it was delicious.


    So yesterday was my first meal in a while that was vegetarian. However, it still wasn't a full day of vegetarianism since I had a chicken shawarma for lunch.
    if done right all Daals are one of the best non-veg options available in desi restaurants, rivaled only by Cheese dishes

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    13,961
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat meat like 5 days a week.

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    16,003
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can't even remember...


    She got a light-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson
    A dark-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson

  67. #67
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    81,759
    Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I usually go two three meals without meat , after that i need to have meat ...

  68. #68
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    17,718
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    I don't know, had some chicken nuggets for lunch

  69. #69
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    2,214
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can go without meat for days, no problem. Did without it today as well without blinking an eyelid.


    PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I eat meat once a week if that. Don't get me wrong it tastes good but not bothered to go out of my way to purchase and prepare it. Also I don't eat take out so convenience to meat is also ruled out.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick85 View Post
    I eat meat once a week if that. Don't get me wrong it tastes good but not bothered to go out of my way to purchase and prepare it. Also I don't eat take out so convenience to meat is also ruled out.
    D'oh, how silly of me. I have three eggs on a toast everyday for breakfast (to get my protein fix)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •