Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to copy Brett Lee

Hi there!
    I am 15 years old and I have a mixed action. Therefore I want to remodel my bowling action similar to that of Brett Lee.

1. I want to brace my front leg
    2. I want to create hip shoulder separation

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To bowl fast, you have to be lean and strong. Fitness is very important. Just eat with good nutrition and try gaining muscles while still occasionally jogging. Running will also have a great impact on your pace.

I am not too knowledgeable on this, somebody like @Chief Destroyer or @Big Mac would know.

Although it's kind of hard to say without a video of your bowling. Brett Lee's action is cool, but make sure when you bowl you are comfortable. If Brett Lee's action doesn't work, then don't force it. Just work hard I guess. That's all I can say really.

I am a spinner myself so anything I said might not be that accurate.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar Farooq View Post
    Hi there!
    I am 15 years old and I have a mixed action. Therefore I want to remodel my bowling action similar to that of Brett Lee.

1. I want to brace my front leg
    2. I want to create hip shoulder separation

Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    To bowl fast, you have to be lean and strong. Fitness is very important. Just eat with good nutrition and try gaining muscles while still occasionally jogging. Running will also have a great impact on your pace.

I am not too knowledgeable on this, somebody like @Chief Destroyer or @Big Mac would know.

Although it's kind of hard to say without a video of your bowling. Brett Lee's action is cool, but make sure when you bowl you are comfortable. If Brett Lee's action doesn't work, then don't force it. Just work hard I guess. That's all I can say really.

I am a spinner myself so anything I said might not be that accurate.
    Yeah, I never bowled quicker than very gentle medium pace so I never bothered doing a lot of reading up on fast bowling.

What I would say is don't try and model your whole technique on someone else, everyone's body is different so what worked for Brett Lee might not be best for you in terms of both pace and avoiding injuries.

Like Rayyman said, it will be easier if we could see some clips of you bowling to try and see if there are glaring flaws with your action.

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remodelling is a process that shouldn't be rushed.

Practise in front of a mirror for a week or until your reasonably comfortable with the remodelled action.

Once your comfortable start bowling with a short run up and no batsman. Gradually increase your runup and once everything has fallen in place you can begin bowling to batsman.

At this age don't worry about line and length just go out there and bowl as fast as you can.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue