Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Marlon Samuels urges ICC to bring international cricket back to Pakistan

After lifting the Pakistan Super League title with Peshawar Zalmi last week, West Indies cricketer Marlon Samuels has urged the International Cricket Council to look into possible solutions that would revive cricketing activities in Pakistan.

In a three-minute video message,, an emotional Samuels addressed his concern to the sport’s governing body besides thanking the Pakistan army for providing fool proof security. “ICC, you need to look into cricket going back to Pakistan. Because there is so much Pakistanis waiting and would love to see a lot of cricketers in front of them,” he said.

“Cricket should definitely comeback to Pakistan now and I will continue to promote this until I die,” Samuels said. “I want to take this opportunity to say thank you Pakistan Army for the way they dealt with the things, security was top class, we couldn’t have asked for better security.”

No international matches have taken place in Pakistan since the 2009 terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan side. Efforts to revive cricketing activities haven’t borne fruit as well with the country yet to shrug off the ‘unsafe’ tag even after eight years. Even a few days before the final, a suicide bomber killed 13 people in Pakistan. A few cricketers, including Luke Wright and Kevin Pietersen had opted out of the final after it was decided that the final would be held in Lahore.

“For me, it more than just me coming to Pakistan and play a cricket game. It’s the significance behind the team and success of the team, and smile at the face of people.” Samuels said. “I have spent a lot of time with Pakistanis in Jamaica they all are my friends. So, I am Pakistani in my heart. So, it didn’t take much for me to decide to come to Pakistan.”

The veteran of 71 Tests, 187 ODIs and 51 T20Is also expressed his desire to be part of Pakistan Army. “I wouldn’t mind coming back to Pakistan if I get a metallic badge at my shoulder cause in Jamaica I am a soldier and that’s why I wore my army suit to Pakistan,” he said, addressing it to Pakistan’s Army chief General Qamar Bajwa. “I am just waiting for the metallic, so whenever you’re ready to let me to be a part of your army, I am ready. I am a soldier in Jamaica and I want to be a part of Pakistan Army.”

Samuels scored 19 off 17 balls, including two boundaries and a six in the final that Zalmi won by 58 runs. “And may this win, and cricket like the finals that came to Pakistan put a lot of smile and make the people happy. And I wish that more cricket come to Pakistan. I will definitely coming back to Pakistan,” he further added while concluding the message.

http://m.hindustantimes.com/cricket/...RNE1au4yK.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 12th March 2017 at 09:25.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    wellington
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice.

only fighters rise up from the dust..

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Marlon! This guy gets a lot of criticism but respect to him

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    609 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Haha yeah he really enjoyed with the security personnel. Took lots of selfies and pics with them.

Guy is great at heart and enjoys his passions.

Was in a bit of a slump in form but he can come good.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Respect Marlon

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1088 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Wow

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    614 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The Bestowing of an Honorary Citizenship is in order my friend

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank u marlon.....

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Danke Marlon Pakistani passport for him

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wahh! nice comments

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ""No international matches have taken place in Pakistan since the 2009 terrorist attack on the Sri Lankan side. Efforts to revive cricketing activities haven’t borne fruit as well with the country yet to shrug off the ‘unsafe’ tag even after eight years.""

they forgot the zimbabwe series in 2015

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Michigan, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Should be invited to join our cricket team.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good comments.

the next step should be to invite teams for one off t20 matches, invite 3 teams this year for one t20 match. Reach lahore in morning and leave at night.

Though with all the security a guy managed to reach zalmis dressing room which is a big carelessness from the ones responsible.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He didn't really fire in the PSL, but kudos to him for coming and having a good time.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very difficult at this stage and shouldn't be rushed in a hurry. Security is a very serious issue.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2443 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Great guy. Wonderful seeing his video.

Thank you, Marlon!

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    I believe he has no desire to play in IPL?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    I believe he has no desire to play in IPL?
    Think he went unselected in the auction anyway and has done for a few years now?

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wonderful to read.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    Very difficult at this stage and shouldn't be rushed in a hurry. Security is a very serious issue.
    Some people are never happy to hear anything positive about Pakistan cricket.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to build on this though. None of this world 11 **** that won't do anything, need to invite some international teams. After Bangladesh away in July we have a 2 month gap with no cricket. Australia and Bangladesh will be playing each other. England will be playing West Indies. Forget India.
    The teams that will be free around August are:
    Zimbabwe
    New Zealand
    South Africa

Zimbabwe have said they will tour again so that is realistic but we want some high key teams playing ie New Zealand and South Africa. If we can convince them to come for a few T20s and few ODI's each that will be amazing. Try get 1 day games back in Pakistan safely first then we can look at getting tests back

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hadi123 View Post
    We need to build on this though. None of this world 11 **** that won't do anything, need to invite some international teams. After Bangladesh away in July we have a 2 month gap with no cricket. Australia and Bangladesh will be playing each other. England will be playing West Indies. Forget India.
    The teams that will be free around August are:
    Zimbabwe
    New Zealand
    South Africa

Zimbabwe have said they will tour again so that is realistic but we want some high key teams playing ie New Zealand and South Africa. If we can convince them to come for a few T20s and few ODI's each that will be amazing. Try get 1 day games back in Pakistan safely first then we can look at getting tests back
    Sri Lanka will be playing India anyway . Guess we could invite Afghanistan too

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan is a good team now and they want to play more matches. Pakistan should invite Afghanistan for a full series of 5 ODIs later this year, maybe do it after September so that losses won't hurt after the cut-off date

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All those 'WI mercenaries' from 3-4 years ago have turned out to be good guys...

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    Afghanistan is a good team now and they want to play more matches. Pakistan should invite Afghanistan for a full series of 5 ODIs later this year, maybe do it after September so that losses won't hurt after the cut-off date
    we are playing Sri Lanka after cut off date. Do it before the cut off date

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ICC and Samuels cant do anything.

Its all upto the law and order of our country

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No they shouldn't. Blanket ban on bilateral matches with Afghanistan. They will be meaningless and a waste of money.

We need to convine SL to tour.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    No they shouldn't. Blanket ban on bilateral matches with Afghanistan. They will be meaningless and a waste of money.

SL? After 2009? Let's try for someone who hasn't been attacked recently please?
    Bangladesh seems to understand what tough security situations are, how about them?

Maybe you play a full series in the UAE and then do a weekend T20 series in Lahore or Karachi.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    516 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Afghanistan is a good team. I can understand Pakistan's reluctance to play Afghanistan before cut off date, but there is no excuse to avoid Afghanistan after the cut off date. Pakistan v Afghanistan ODIs will bring international cricket back to Pakistan and also give Afghanistan matches against top teams. Win win for both and also Pakistan will get to make money as well which they need

PCB should invite Afghanistan after the cut off date for 5 ODIs

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan is a good team. I can understand Pakistan's reluctance to play Afghanistan before cut off date, but there is no excuse to avoid Afghanistan after the cut off date. Pakistan v Afghanistan ODIs will bring international cricket back to Pakistan and also give Afghanistan matches against top teams. Win win for both and also Pakistan will get to make money as well which they need

PCB should invite Afghanistan after the cut off date for 5 ODIs
    No point inviting an associate. We need a a traditional ICC member to tour.

SL and BD are only realtistic options.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fail to see how his previous comments in support of Pakistan mean he is not allowed to sledge their players anymore? Please do explain.

And Shadab might be 18, but he is playing international cricket. If the opposition feel they can get under his skin like that, let them try like they would with any other player. He should not be getting special treatment on the field due to his age.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

Thought the kid dealt with it well...gave some back and got him pumped to win the match for us. Don't think Samuels will sledge Shady in the next match.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix363 View Post
    I fail to see how his previous comments in support of Pakistan mean he is not allowed to sledge their players anymore? Please do explain.

And Shadab might be 18, but he is playing international cricket. If the opposition feel they can get under his skin like that, let them try like they would with any other player. He should not be getting special treatment on the field due to his age.
    Totally agree, no big deal. If anything I enjoyed the duel. And Shadab had the last laugh.

I still have massive respect for Samuels for coming to Pak and his post comments.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 90MPH View Post
    Totally agree, no big deal. If anything I enjoyed the duel. And Shadab had the last laugh.

I still have massive respect for Samuels for coming to Pak and his post comments.
    Exactly, glad Shadab showed he was up to the challenge.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny stuff to be frank.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Samuels will do anything for money, if someone like Kohli said it then it would have mattered

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now he should urge WICB to tour there as he thinks that it is safe enough. He should convince WICB.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No point inviting an associate. We need a a traditional ICC member to tour.

SL and BD are only realtistic options.
    BD unrealistic option or you don't know the meaning of 'reality'

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4732 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    I'm glad Samuels sledged Shadab, he coped with it well.

You could see after a couple overs it was basically just mischievous smiling.