Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    when
    https://tribune.com.pk/story/1353323...isit-pakistan/

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Apparently it's an attempt to promote football in Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldinho coming to Pakistan!

football legend is coming to Pakistan on sunday to play in leisure league. .... He has officially confirmed it...... video is available on youtube.....
    A very big news this. ...

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's coming to play I thought it Is just a visit, big news if he play also

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's only turning up to promote some five-a-side pitches isn't he?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    He's only turning up to promote some five-a-side pitches isn't he?
    What you trying to get at ? I'm so confused

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uman Naq View Post
    football legend is coming to Pakistan on sunday to play in leisure league. .... He has officially confirmed it...... video is available on youtube.....
    A very big news this. ...
    Will be unfair on the other teams unless he makes his own one-man team. Even then, he'd probably win easily.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good news for football fans in Pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need a good football system in Pakistan.

I wanna see Pakistan competing in the FIFA WC atleast once in my lifetime. For that to happen we need a board that is efficient and doesn't have the same head for the last 10-15 years (Faisal Swaleh Hayat)

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National footballers ecstatic over Ronaldinho’s visit

KARACHI:

“This is the biggest event in Pakistan’s sports history, it is way bigger than Pakistan Super League,” said an excited Kaleemullah. “It is Ronaldinho who is coming here.”

The Brazilian midfielder and Fifa Player of the Year 2004 and 2005 will be coming to Karachi to promote football with Leisure Leagues Pakistan. In a video released on the social media Ronaldinho can be seen holding the Pakistan flag and telling his fans, “I’m coming to Pakistan”.

The former RFC Barcelona and AC Milan player will be following in the footsteps of late boxing Legend Muhammad Ali who visited Karachi and Lahore in 1988 and 1989. And this will very well be the second most momentous visit to Pakistan by an international sports icon.

“It was one my fantasies that is about to become real,” Leisure League ambassador Kaleemullah told The Express Tribune. “But this is not just for Pakistanis; Ronaldinho is such a big name that the entire world will be looking at us because of it — it is an international event in fact. If Ronaldinho can come, then other big names in football will at least think about coming here too. It is more than football for Pakistan. It is a good sign for us; I feel everyone should support it. This will send out a great message to the world, that we are sports-loving, football-loving nation.”

The 24-year-old has been a part of Leisure League along with other national players including Hassan Bashir, Muhammad Adil, Saddam Hussain and women’s national team captain Hajra Khan. He was also a part of PSL franchise Quetta Gladiators as an ambassador, but he feels that for the first time in Pakistan, football will stage a bigger event than cricket.

“PSL is a positive step, a professional league, but certainly Ronaldinho’s visit and hopefully playing a match here is a far bigger deal,” said Kaleemullah. “There are few countries in the world that play cricket, but due to his visit, the people from 200 countries will be following us everywhere everyone knows Ronaldinho.

The Tulsa Roughnecks striker and former national captain said the experience of sharing a common field with Ronaldinho is amazing. “I’m a huge fan of Ronaldinho; just the thought that we’ll share the same field is exhilarating. There are so many memories of him playing the 2002 World Cup for Brazil and then with Barcelona. He will be inspiring all of us even more with his visit.”

Like Kaleemullah, national team midfielder Saadullah admitted that he has been a huge fan of Ronaldinho and believes the opportunity of having a legendary player in the country will only boost the game in Pakistan.

“It is just brilliant,” said Saaduallh . “We can say that his presence will change many things. We haven’t had any national or international tournaments because of the Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) controversy. There haven’t been any opportunities to motivate the youngsters to continue with football. But if this legend comes here, this can bring people to their feet. People would see that if someone like Ronaldinho can come to Pakistan, without any achievement by the country in football, then what potential is there.”

Saadullah highlighted the possibility of an exhibition match and said playing with or against Ronaldinho would be a surreal experience.

“Maybe we’ll be playing with him, or against him, it can be anything,” said Saadullah. “It was always my dream to meet him and it almost feels surreal to know that he is coming here.”

On the other hand, former FC Dordoi midfielder and national player Muhammad Adil said that the visit will be historic, given no big names in football ever came to Pakistan.

“I loved his game when he used to play for FC Barcelona, then he is such a talented futsal player too, I feel we’ll learn a lot from him,” said Adil. “This is historic because no other player of this stature came to Pakistan before and may be no one will ever come in the future.”

The feeling in Lyari

In Lyari, the heartland of football in Karachi, the youngsters and elders are excited as ever. According to Yaqoob Baloch, who has also worked for Sindh Football Association and managed the local players during the trials for provincial teams of U12, U14 and U16 teams, the effects of the news that Ronaldinho is coming has been far reaching.

“The youngsters here are just ecstatic,” said Baloch. “They idolize Ronaldinho. They don’t know him, they might not even meet him when he comes here but there is a sense of familiarity. They somehow relate to him and of course they just want a glimpse of him but it is all very overwhelming.”

The Leisure Leagues Country Consultant for Pakistan Shahrukh Sohail said that the legend will be coming but more details about his visit will be revealed in a press conference that will take place later this week.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1354317...ldinhos-visit/

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should visit Lyari and see the talent on display.

"Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Translation (according to Twitter): "Happy by Shahid Afridi BOOM BOOM hero of Pakistan cricket. I look forward to (c) great anticipation my visit to Pakistan in July"
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 15th March 2017 at 14:23.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a good motivational factor. Plenty of hidden Footballing talent in Lyari and Balochistan.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Is there a large footy market in Pakistan outside of the urban elite?