Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Who would have the best fitness: Athlete, Special Forces solder or a fitness trainer?

By athlete I am not referring to our cricketers (). I mean top athletes like Ronaldo, Messi, Usain Bolt, Lance Armstrong etc.

If we were to pool them together and test fitness/endurance on them like in the form of a bleep test - who would come on top?

The athlete, Special forces soldier or top fitness trainer (e.g. CrossFit instructor)

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athlete easy!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Special Forces soldier imho.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    earth between north pole and south pole
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athletes easily!! my cousin is a sprinter he has good biceps triceps shoulder abs everything is soo good!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really depends in my opinion. An athlete would probably come ahead in a beep test but I feel that special forces may come ahead in something like a triathlon or a crossfit competition. It's hard to compare as we can somewhat imagine what the fitness level of a top athlete might be but it's hard to gage what the fitness level of elite special forces would be like.

One thing I can safely say is fitness trainers would most probably be the least fittest amongst the three as a lot of them don't follow the same regime they train their clients on.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athlete now a days are crazy fit. I don't think special forces can beat them at anything, the top athletes are good at everything. Fitness is the biggest concern for athletes and even though it's very important for special forces too but it's still not their biggest concern.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Special forces are fit, but they're trained to handle/lift real-life loads rather than dumbbells/barbells. This requires an ability to adapt under duress.

But that might not show in a normal fitness test where you're put through bleep tests, bench press, deadlifts, squats, and more.

Athletes would do best in standardized fitness tests IMO.

Of course, there are outliers in each group, but on average I think the athletes would stand out in fitness tests.
    Last edited by kingusama92; 14th March 2017 at 06:59.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Special Forces......Always wanted to be one myself.......

Now I am just a boring accountant

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hands down special forces.....

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really depends. I'd have to go with Special forces and here are my reasons:

- Fitness is not about who has the best looking body, rather about who is most agile, most flexible, most strong, who has the fastest reflexes and who has the best stamina.
    - Big bodies with biceps and abs do make you very attractive but lower your body speed and make you less flexible so this rules out a fitness trainer easily.
    - Special Force soldiers are trained arduously for not only having good bodies but also to build their stamina by running and other cardio exercises.
    - Athletes are only trained to last 90 mins at most. They aren't too strong either because they must be flexible.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Venue
    San Antonio, TX
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some interesting responses.

Looks like an even split between the athlete and the special forces solder.