Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Govt to act against 'propaganda campaign' targeting PM, his family: Information Minister

State Minister for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb on Monday said that action will be taken under cybercrime and defamation laws against those carrying out 'negative propaganda' against the prime minister and his family.

Addressing a press conference in Islamabad, Aurangzeb said, "While the Panamagate case was in court, there was a lot being said about it on the media and social media, and no action of any kind was taken against it."

"However, in the past two weeks while the court has secured its verdict, a propaganda campaign has been carried out on social media, and people have been carrying out this campaign in an effort to influence the court," she alleged.

"Remarks like 'If the verdict is in favour of the prime minister, the judiciary will have lost its battle' have been used time and again," she claimed.

The government has, thereby, decided to act against anyone carrying out propaganda against the prime minister and his family over social media, she announced.

"This should not be considered political revenge," she stressed. "Whenever the government takes action against anyone, it is said that this is political victimisation carried out by PML-N."

"If action is taken against those carrying out this campaign... and politics is played regarding the government's action, the people of Pakistan will respond to it because they love Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif," she claimed.

"The honourable judges have already said that courts do not give verdicts based on popular opinion. Instead, they form their judgements according to law," the minister said, adding that the PML-N, "would agree with whatever verdict the Supreme Court gives."

"In the past two weeks, since the Panamagate verdict was secured, the PM has attended various events, but has refrained from using any of these platforms to influence courts regarding the case's verdict in any way," Aurangzeb claimed.

Pakistan's law governing cybercrime which was passed last year has been heavily criticised by the IT industry, civil society organisations and rights activists for curbing human rights and giving overreaching powers to law enforcement agencies.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1320252/go...ation-minister

" Don't wait. The time will never be just right "

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Anyone running campaign against PM to be tried under cybercrime law: Information minister

ISLAMABAD: Information minister Marriyum Aurangzeb has cautioned that anyone running a vilification campaign against the prime minister and his family on social media could face prosecution under the cybercrime law.

Addressing a news conference along with PML-N leader Daniyal Aziz, the minister said Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had mounted a social media campaign to influence the court verdict in the Panama Papers case.

Action against those involved in baseless propaganda should not be called political victimisation, she told reporters in Islamabad on Monday.

“PTI continues to create falsehoods to discredit Nawaz Sharif and malign members of his family,” she claimed.

The PM’s family was named in the Panama Papers, which comprised 11.5 million documents, showing how some of the world’s most powerful people have secreted away their money in offshore holdings.

During the 26 hearings of the case, whose verdict has been reserved, the information minister said the PM did not seek privileges and exemptions given to him by the Constitution, adding that the ruling party would accept the decision that is announced by the apex court.

Commenting on the alleged media trial of Maryam Nawaz on social media, the minister said: “The status of Maryam Nawaz will be decided by people of Pakistan”.

Source: https://tribune.com.pk/story/1354524...says-minister/

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's cool to run vilification campaigns against Benazir and Nusrat Bhutto, Imran Khan and Jemaima by Noon but it isn't cool when Sharif family is the target

Govt to try Imran under cybercrime, defamation laws

https://www.dawn.com/news/1320343

Raise your words, not voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder... (Rumi)

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    They can take and put this cybercrime bill back to where it belongs..........

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Read somewhere thay the son in law wants ban on social media as well in the neof blasphemy,remarkable if it gets approved.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JaDed View Post
    Read somewhere thay the son in law wants ban on social media as well in the neof blasphemy,remarkable if it gets approved.
    True he and sharif family want to ban whole social media using blasphemy as a reason. We all know why they want to ban social media.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The print version of the same story.

Govt to try Imran under cybercrime, defamation laws

he government has decided to take action against Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan under cybercrime and defamation laws for what its representatives describe as trying to influence the Supreme Court’s judgement in the Panama Papers case and besmirch the reputation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif through electronic, print and social media.

Addressing a joint press conference here on Monday, Minister of State for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb and the ruling PML-N’s MNA Daniyal Aziz said that in his speeches and on the social media Mr Khan had tried to damage the reputation of the prime minister by levelling false allegations against him. The government had a right to proceed against him under the country’s cybercrime and defamation laws, they added.

“We will definitely take action against the PTI leadership,” the minister said, adding that it should not be called political victimisation because the PTI’s campaign against the prime minister fell within the purview of cybercrime laws.

She said if the government took action against Mr Khan his party had no justification for raising objections over it.

Ms Aurangzeb said work was under way to prepare a case against the PTI leadership under the cybercrime and defamation laws.

She alleged that Mr Khan and other leaders of his party had committed contempt of court by trying to influence the decision of the apex court in the Panama Papers case.

The minister claimed that the PTI had recently made a documentary film in which photographs of honourable judges of the apex court were being shown along with their remarks which suited the party’s stance in the Panama Papers case. “The documentary does not contain remarks of judges against the PTI,” she added.

She said the government was more resourceful and could make such a documentary, but it was silently waiting for the court’s decision in the case.

The minister said the prime minister and the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz had full confidence in the apex court and they would accept whatever decision was announced by it in the case.

She said the PTI could get nothing by hatching conspiracies and making documentaries against the government because the judges had already made it clear that they would not give a popular decision in the case and that they would decide purely on merit.

Answering a question, she said the prime minister had already said that he would accept the decision of the court.

The minister claimed that economic indicators in the country were positive and some international organisations had acknowledged performance of the government. The PML-N came into power at a time when the country was on the verge of bankruptcy. But now, she added, the national economy was showing positive indicators. She mentioned reduction in the duration of power loadshedding, bullish performance by the stock market and construction of motorways.

She claimed that there was a reduction in the number of terrorist incidents in the country.

She said it was a success of the government that the population census was being conducted in the country after 19 years.

Mr Aziz claimed that the PTI wanted the Supreme Court to form a commission to investigate the Panama Papers case.

He alleged that the main objective of the PTI behind the Panama Papers case was to damage the reputation of the prime minister and not a proper investigation into the case.

“Imran Khan has said in a recent statement that even if Nawaz Sharif is exonerated in the Panama Papers case, the stigma of corruption will stick to his political career,” he added.

He accused the PTI leadership of launching a campaign against the prime minister and his family on the media and its purpose was to influence the decision of the apex court in the Panama Papers case.

The two PML-N leaders claimed that Maryam Nawaz was not a dependent of Mr Sharif. She ran her own business and paid taxes regularly, they added.
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1320343/go...efamation-laws

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No comments from Nooras here, why would they? Too busy commenting on Imran Khan's PSL statements.

Also this:

''he government has decided to take action against Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan under cybercrime and defamation laws for what its representatives describe as trying to influence the Supreme Court’s judgement in the Panama Papers case''

From the same people who, after each day, stood outside court threatening the judges and the court itself.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post
    No comments from Nooras here, why would they? Too busy commenting on Imran Khan's PSL statements.

Also this:

''he government has decided to take action against Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan under cybercrime and defamation laws for what its representatives describe as trying to influence the Supreme Court’s judgement in the Panama Papers case''

From the same people who, after each day, stood outside court threatening the judges and the court itself.
    Guess what Maryam Nawaz was following one of those blasphemous twitter accounts and she even retweeted some of their tweets against Imran/PTI. Noon social media team was following many of those accounts and doing RTs but now these noonies all of a sudden realized this isn't good and now they are using those blasphemous twitter accounts as a reason to block whole social media (we all know the real reasons). Imagine the reaction if Imran was following those account or had retweeted any tweet from them. I still remember the massive campaign by Noon against Imran after that statement about a Qadiani.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Democracy at its best!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It seems everyone want protection from criticism.

Army need "special" powers.
    No one can criticize Judges as they are protected by the law of "contempt of court"
    Religion is protected by the laws of blasphemy.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All eyes on SC. Please don't disappoint us respected sirs otherwise this will be the norm for Pakistan for decades to come.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The PML-N darbaris can go down to any level to hide the loot-maar of the shahi khandaan.

Thank God my upbringing and education has equipped me with a moral compass to never support people who are corrupt. Same cannot be said for a lot of "educated" folks on here.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    pathetic stuff. So its ok do say foul staff about Benazir Bhutto, Imran Khan or his wife and play the jewish card, but if someone says something to you its just wrong.

But you know what, this doesn't makes me angry, what makes me angry is the suggestion of banning social media.

Pakistan is full of *******...........

also im not even surprised, when this cyber crime bill came up, i knew this would be used as a tactic by the govt, its funny how some lunatics were in favour of it.
    Last edited by Major; 14th March 2017 at 12:53.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle_Force View Post
    Democracy at its best!
    Fake democracy at best.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    The PML-N darbaris can go down to any level to hide the loot-maar of the shahi khandaan.

Thank God my upbringing and education has equipped me with a moral compass to never support people who are corrupt. Same cannot be said for a lot of "educated" folks on here.
    whats that suppose to mean?

so you think you are better then everyone else because of a party you support?
    Weren't you the same guy who didn't even know the retirement age in Pakistan?

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

First of all don't copy a certain poster and try to clutch straws of "retirement age" when they have nothing substantial to argue.

Secondly, no I'm not sitting on any moral high horse. However, I do have the capability to tell right from wrong and even a small kid in Pakistan can tell that Nawaz is a corrupt looter. Which means I can never support him no matter how many motorways he inaugurates.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    First of all don't copy a certain poster and try to clutch straws of "retirement age" when they have nothing substantial to argue.

Secondly, no I'm not sitting on any moral high horse. However, I do have the capability to tell right from wrong and even a small kid in Pakistan can tell that Nawaz is a corrupt looter. Which means I can never support him no matter how many motorways he inaugurates.
    Forget PMLN, lets talk about Bhutto and Benazir's PPP.

over the years it had to face alot of propaganda against it, it did some good but always had to face the PMLN opposition which was worse then this PMLN vs PTI one.

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post

bro it will be not good to poke into ur discussion but not knowing the retirement age is not a big deal as far as someone is doing right things snd he is doing right by supporting pti and discarding the other norra league etc...

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and when javid latif was abusing pti MNA someone came with just saying that what is this MNA doing in pti..it was hilarious that he ignored all other stuff....and for the first time EPI centre is being started in my village ..with 2 primary schools and one middle school..hats off to pti ......

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All eyes on SC. Please don't disappoint us respected sirs otherwise this will be the norm for Pakistan for decades to come.
    i hope that they remain respected after the announcement of verdict.

Both parties sucked in court and justifiably "insulted" by judges.

i would welcome if verdict comes against NS, however it's less likely.

i expect slap on the wrist type of verdict, including some recommendations, light fine, further investigation etc.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Becoz Democrazy is the best Revenge .....

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    i hope that they remain respected after the announcement of verdict.

Both parties sucked in court and justifiably "insulted" by judges.

i would welcome if verdict comes against NS, however it's less likely.

i expect slap on the wrist type of verdict, including some recommendations, light fine, further investigation etc.
    That would be a huge travesty because it is an established fact that a person has stolen money if he has an asset and doesn't have a trust deed or money transfer receipt as proof of purchase of that asset. When that same person also has held a public office then it becomes even more obvious that he or she has used public funds to purchase those assets.

A slap on the wrists would be a complete and utter failure on the part of the SC and if they are criticized then it will be well deserved. However, criticism doesn't mean we do not accept their decision.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not totally Off-topic:

why in TWD everyone says in Negan gang that, i am negan ? so try to understand this.
    when dyral killed a negan man before breaking out, the man said that i am just a guy and i am not on negan side, i am forced to becme one of them, (something like that) and thn dyral said, no you dont. meaning you like to becme negan from inside, you like the power, you like to crush the poor powerless people, no matter who you are in the gang.

most of people in our nation is like the negan gang. where everyone is becme negan. from police to gullu butt, the govt employees , from dairy mafia to transport mafia , from peon to a govt school principle. from NADRA to passport office.

anyone who has a power of anything they like to use it on poor people. becoz our head of states act like negan thn why cant others ?
    you chose negans after every 5 yr, thn you deserve this. simple.
    Last edited by Lonewarrior; 14th March 2017 at 15:12.

The Griffins ....

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have no faith in PK justice and the SC is part of the corrupt elite. I expect a decision that will keep the stays quo and the Nooras will claim victory.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    655 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is pertinent to mention that some of the biggest mafia bosses in the world were very very hard to convict on their murder charges because they never really directly committed the murders and their henchmen were far too loyal to rat them out. What eventually got these mafia bosses is the ill-gotten wealth and the lack of money trail to prove it.

Our PM is like a mafia boss and if SC lets this excellent opportunity go then all we can say is RIP Pakistan.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Between Venus & Mars
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Imran warns govt against using cybercrime law to target PTI

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan has warned the government against using the cybercrime law against political opponents, saying that his party would resist the ruling political party’s attempts to establish their dictatorship in the country.

In a statement issued by the PTI’s central media department here on Tuesday, the PTI chief alleged that the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) government was trying to intimidate its political opponents using the cybercrime law.

The statement comes a day after an announcement by Minister of State for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb and MNA Daniyal Aziz, who said that the government had decided to take action against Mr Khan under cybercrime and defamation laws “for trying to influence the Supreme Court’s judgement in the Panama Papers case and besmirch the reputation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif through electronic, print and social media”.

They alleged that Mr Khan had tried to damage the prime minister’s reputation through his speeches and on social media by levelling false allegations against him. They added that the government had a right to proceed against the PTI chief under the country’s cybercrime and defamation laws.

Ms Aurangzeb insisted that this should not be considered political victimisation. A case was being prepared against PTI leaders, she said, adding that the PTI had no grounds to object if the government was taking action against Mr Khan.

Reacting to the announcement, Mr Khan recalled that the government had used antiterrorism laws to implicate PTI leaders and workers in false cases during their sit-in against election rigging in 2013.

“The PML-N had misused this (anti-terrorism) act against the PTI in the anti-rigging sit-in, [by adding] terrorism charges to the FIRs against PTI workers and leaders,” Mr Khan said.

He alleged that the government was “trying to threaten him with the cybercrime law”. He vowed that the PTI would not be deterred by such threats, adding that his party would oppose all efforts to undermine democracy and would sabotage attempts intended to establish “Sharif’s Badshahat (kingdom) and dictatorship” in the country.

Mr Khan declared that the PTI would stand by free media, vibrant society and for the assertion of all fundamental constitutional rights of the people of Pakistan.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1320619/im...-to-target-pti

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Venue
    Planet Cricket
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So it begins...