Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

N'Golo Kanté - best central midfielder in the world?

According to Frank Lampard he is.

Agree?

Who is better than him if you disagree?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lampard is correct. Kante =

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite player.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Verratti
    Modric
    Kroos
    Busquets

All these players are ahead of Kante . But Kante is excellent at what he does.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Verratti
    Modric
    Kroos
    Busquets

All these players are ahead of Kante . But Kante is excellent at what he does.
    Verratti is overrated.
    Modric is too weak physically. Would fail in Prem.
    Kroos is bad at defense.
    Busquets is bad at offence.

Kante wipes the floor with all of them.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Verratti is overrated.
    Modric is too weak physically. Would fail in Prem.
    Kroos is bad at defense.
    Busquets is bad at offence.

Kante wipes the floor with all of them.

Verratti being overrated is your opnion there is nothing to back it up.

Modric has already proven himself in the premier league LOL.

Kane is bad at distrubuting so how can he better then Kroos going by your logic?

Put Kante in Barcelona team to do Busquets job and he would struggle. Another poor point.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verratti being overrated is your opnion there is nothing to back it up.

Modric has already proven himself in the premier league LOL.

Kane is bad at distrubuting so how can he better then Kroos going by your logic?

Put Kante in Barcelona team to do Busquets job and he would struggle. Another poor point.
    Verratti is considered an offensive midfielder and has only 1 goal this season LOL.

Modric was not even Top 10 midfielder at Spurs.

Kante is not bad at distributing. You have to watch Chelsea games to know.

Kante would do fine at Barca. Now that they play more of a counter attacking style, I think they would value speed over size.

Your claims have no arguments to back them up.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Verratti is considered an offensive midfielder and has only 1 goal this season LOL.

Modric was not even Top 10 midfielder at Spurs.

Kante is not bad at distributing. You have to watch Chelsea games to know.

Kante would do fine at Barca. Now that they play more of a counter attacking style, I think they would value speed over size.

Your claims have no arguments to back them up.

Lol Verratti is a deep laying playmaker. Exposing your lack of knowledge

So you know every single Spurs midfielder in history to make such a claim?

Kante isn't a distributor at all that's why.

Still need to be able to distribute the ball . They still play out from the back.

If you think Kante is better than the 4 midfielders I mentioned above you genuinely must be delusional . No sane football fan will rate Kante as the best cm in the world.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kante at Leicester, they win the league.

Kante at Chelsea, they win the league.

Can any other midfielder do this? I doubt it.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes he is. Without him we wouldn't be where we are and Leicester wouldn't be where they were.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    Yes he is. Without him we wouldn't be where we are and Leicester wouldn't be where they were.
    He's not the best cm in the world though.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this just bias due to being an Arsenal fan?

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes he is I haven't seen a CM have so much of an effect as he has and his consistently is really good, deserved to be in TOTY 2016 but wasn't and deserves PFA player of the year.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ibsee where hassan is coming from. kante is not the best at dictating the tempo of a game from midfield. he is more a ball winning cm and he is without doubt the best at that. offensively he is not close to ur verrattis modrics. but then again u need both types of player in an ideal midfield partnership

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes he is I haven't seen a CM have so much of an effect as he has and his consistently is really good, deserved to be in TOTY 2016 but wasn't and deserves PFA player of the year.

He's great at what he does but he's just not the best cm in the world for me.

I don't have an issue with him winning pfa player of the year.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No it has nothing to do with that.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    ibsee where hassan is coming from. kante is not the best at dictating the tempo of a game from midfield. he is more a ball winning cm and he is without doubt the best at that. offensively he is not close to ur verrattis modrics. but then again u need both types of player in an ideal midfield partnership

Yes he's good at what he does. But how can a cm who is so limited with the ball be considered the best cm in the world LOL?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ex Chelsea player calling a current Chelsea player the best cm in the world and your accusing me of biased ?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes he's good at what he does. But how can a cm who is so limited with the ball be considered the best cm in the world LOL?
    urbunder selling him a bit. he is not good at what he does. he is flipping amazing (potential goat level) at what he does.
    he does the Makelele role with the running power of Ji sung park

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man it has been great seeing Kante shutting down overrated midfielders like Pogba and Ozil.
    LOL

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some deluded Manc's actually think Pogba is better than Kante. Hilarious.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ex Chelsea player calling a current Chelsea player the best cm in the world and your accusing me of biased ?
    Do you really think if he was still at Leicester Lampard wouldn't have said that? Makes no sense considering he got more praise last season than this season for obvious reasons.

How is he limited with the ball? He can shoot from range, play long balls to the wingbacks when needed and is deadly on the counter. Add that to his tackling, interceptions and overall defensive play and I see the best CM in the world. He also doesn't dive and cry on the floor like Busquets and has done much better (in recent times) at international level. It's hard to compare to Modric but even he needs a Casemiro to help him out, just look at El Classico last season for example, without Casemiro they lost 4 or 5-0 last season and with him they won 2-1 with MSN making much less of an impact. Verratti is another hard comparison because Ligue 1 is not a top league in the world and I want to see him play in another league first. Kante hasn't played in the UCL either so you can't compare them there.

Quote Originally Posted by in_cutter View Post
    Some deluded Manc's actually think Pogba is better than Kante. Hilarious.
    But but Pogba has better stats! Until you consider stats against the top 6 but the Manc's will never mention that. Honestly he's played 7 games against the top 5 and his only good/decent performance was his one against Arsenal who are the worst team in the top 6 mini table.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you really think if he was still at Leicester Lampard wouldn't have said that? Makes no sense considering he got more praise last season than this season for obvious reasons.

How is he limited with the ball? He can shoot from range, play long balls to the wingbacks when needed and is deadly on the counter. Add that to his tackling, interceptions and overall defensive play and I see the best CM in the world. He also doesn't dive and cry on the floor like Busquets and has done much better (in recent times) at international level. It's hard to compare to Modric but even he needs a Casemiro to help him out, just look at El Classico last season for example, without Casemiro they lost 4 or 5-0 last season and with him they won 2-1 with MSN making much less of an impact. Verratti is another hard comparison because Ligue 1 is not a top league in the world and I want to see him play in another league first. Kante hasn't played in the UCL either so you can't compare them there.

But but Pogba has better stats! Until you consider stats against the top 6 but the Manc's will never mention that. Honestly he's played 7 games against the top 5 and his only good/decent performance was his one against Arsenal who are the worst team in the top 6 mini table.

Well last season i never heard anyone call him the best cm in the world.

He doesn't distrubute the ball as well Busquets or Kroos. He doesn't have there passing range as well. I never doubted his ability to win the ball back, but technically he is behind the best in the world.

Modric isn't a natural defensive midfielder so of course he needs one.

If you saw the Euros when France were facing teams where they would have most of the possession, Kante was literally useless as he is not required to do his main job. Even when Barcalona are dominating possession Busquets is still an important part as his distribution and passing range is top quality.

I don't think you should doubt the quality of the French league when PSG and Monaco have knocked out England's best in recent seasons.

Kante is brilliant at what he does. Maybe the best in the world at that job. But the best overall cm in the world? Nah not for me.