Venue
    Republic of Wadiya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)

Pakistani passport downgraded

Green passport of Pakistan has been categorized among the lowest-ranked countries by a US consultancy company. The green passport has been positioned 196th out of 199 countries.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be it T20s ODIs or passports , our ranking is in freefall

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No surprises here when majority of pakistanis want to get rid of this passport.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    No surprises here when majority of pakistanis want to get rid of this passport.
    Everyone apart from those are financially secure and from privileged backgrounds who tend to take the moral high ground from their castles in the sky.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post sensibly

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad told me a story some years ago (around 2012) about a Pakistani guy he met. It was around the time my family all had our NICOP cards made. Anyway the Pakistani guy my dad met had just got British citizenship (I'm guessing because he had lived in the UK for a specific period of time) and he was in the process of getting his pakistani nationality cancelled. He said to my dad that he (my dad) was crazy for wanting Pakistani citizenship for his family as getting a NICOP makes you a dual national. The man told my dad that here he was trying to cancel his Pakistani citizenship and my dad was trying to get Pakistani citizenship.

Genuinely can't believe such people even exist tbh. Do they have no love for their country at all? Why cancel your Pakistani citizenship when you can be a dual national and have British citizenship also? I've always wandered why some people would do that.

From what I have experienced, Pakistani origin families in the UK are actually quite close to their pakistani roots but when actual Pakistanis come over to the UK they feel embarrased about where they are from.

Genuinely can't think why anyone would do that

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is actually dead second last, just above Afghanistan and below Iraq and Syria:
    Name:  Passport.JPG
Views: 953
Size:  41.2 KB

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Zero View Post
    Pakistan is actually dead second last, just above Afghanistan and below Iraq and Syria:
    Name:  Passport.JPG
Views: 953
Size:  41.2 KB
    Doesn't matter because Bhutto abhi bhi zinda hai. Right Black Zero?

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    What is the basis of this ranking?

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    830 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Security and stability of a country I guess.

Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The one Black Zero posted is based on how many countries you can get into with the passport without a visa.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Doesn't matter because Bhutto abhi bhi zinda hai. Right Black Zero?
    To be rational this new ranking has no net effect as for all good countries Pakistanis needed visa for decades.

Regarding bhutto, I have mixed feelings, however we can safely say that Bhutto (zulfi or bibi ) were our last national level leaders. Both NS and IK are at best regional leaders.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't expect the rest of the world to respect you when we don't do so ourselves. In a country where honesty and piety are looked upon as crimes we deserve what we get. There is no one to blame other then ourselves.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Second worst passport for the fifth year in row. Awful!

No wonder HK Pakistanis are ditching their Pakistani passports for HK passports. You can travel to 153 countries visa free.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How sad. Pathetic to see what the these stupid PPP, PMLN and military governments (especially Zia regime) have brought us to. However, that being said, never would I trade my Pakistani passport in a million years, even if it drops to the lowest ebb. Call me ignorant, but if the world doesn't want us, then we don't want to see the world. Plenty of things to do in Pakistan, plenty of places to go in Pakistan and plenty of reasons to be in Pakistan and choose the Pakistani passport despite it being ranked as low as it is.

Like they say, live by the sword, die by sword..

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst Passport among developing Nations .

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree it is pretty bad but reflects more of a diplomatic failure then anything else. From the rankings above I can see that likes of Irani, Iraqi, Syrian, Egyptian passports are ranked above Pakistan but when it comes to getting a visa (be it US, Shengen, UK) I have never had a problem with getting a visa (even multiple entry ones). Syrians find it impossible to get any visa, I have couple of Iranian and Egyptian colleagues whose US visas (B1/B2) have been declined multiple times.

So I guess, I would like to have visa free entries into a few more countries but getting a visa has not been an issue for me as yet. Whereas, I know people from "higher ranked" passport countries who have been rejected.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Denmark
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Master View Post
    While I agree it is pretty bad but reflects more of a diplomatic failure then anything else. From the rankings above I can see that likes of Irani, Iraqi, Syrian, Egyptian passports are ranked above Pakistan but when it comes to getting a visa (be it US, Shengen, UK) I have never had a problem with getting a visa (even multiple entry ones). Syrians find it impossible to get any visa, I have couple of Iranian and Egyptian colleagues whose US visas (B1/B2) have been declined multiple times.

So I guess, I would like to have visa free entries into a few more countries but getting a visa has not been an issue for me as yet. Whereas, I know people from "higher ranked" passport countries who have been rejected.
    In What case and how did you get Schengen visa?

DON - "Don Ko Team Se Nikalna Mushkil Hi Nahin, Namumkin Hai!":Kami

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noman View Post
    In What case and how did you get Schengen visa?
    I got married, me and my wife wanted to go for our honeymoon to Europe. We applied and got the visa, no questions asked. Both of us have a Pakistani passport.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    HK/Sydney..heart is in Chach, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sad read articles like this. I am so thankfully that a British passport allows for dual citizenship because i couldn't bring myself to give up my Pakistani passport but honestly its impossible to travel on.

Our rulers dont care because they all have foreign passports so it doesnt affect them while our citizens are happy to keep selecting the same garbage leadership who do nothing for them. The passport issue is just one small example of this sorry merry go round

Alone we are Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi and Balochi...together we are Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got married, me and my wife wanted to go for our honeymoon to Europe. We applied and got the visa, no questions asked. Both of us have a Pakistani passport.
    How long ago did you get it?

Also it depends on your job security and financials.

Probably you showed strong roots in Pakistan and had hell of a financial windfall in the bank.

Now imagine a poor schoolteacher who wants to go to Europe and he applies and has limited bank and his job is limited school teacher.

Rejection is on his face.

And that happens to so many people.

So your story is an anomaly.

The reason I am saying is, my Pakistani passport has never been rejected either but I know the reason why it hasn't as well, but that doesn't mean my Pakistani passport is of value.

And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Hong Kong
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is an exception, not the norm. Travelling on a Pakistani passport is almost an impossible task.

Sehwag and Steyn are the Best.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    I have never been denied a UK, U.S. and a Schengen visa. Very simple process and minimal interrogation, and I have a Pakistani passport. As long as they are convinced that you will return to Pakistan and have no criminal record, you will get a visa.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    That is an exception, not the norm. Travelling on a Pakistani passport is almost an impossible task.
    No it's not. Everyone thinks that way before the actually apply with a Pakistani passport.

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Not true at all. I've been to more countries than I can remember and all I have is a Pakistani passport. Haven't been denied a visa to a single country

She got a light-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson
    A dark-skin friend,look like Michael Jackson

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I travelled to UK, Japan and so many other countries on pakistani passport but I recall, I needed to provide so many supporting documents with visa applications.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corneredtiger85292 View Post
    Really sad read articles like this. I am so thankfully that a British passport allows for dual citizenship because i couldn't bring myself to give up my Pakistani passport but honestly its impossible to travel on.

Our rulers dont care because they all have foreign passports so it doesnt affect them while our citizens are happy to keep selecting the same garbage leadership who do nothing for them. The passport issue is just one small example of this sorry merry go round
    How does this concept of dual passport work? You need to show both passports at any immigration counter? Also in a foreign country you will be treated under which citizenship?

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post

Probably you showed strong roots in Pakistan and had hell of a financial windfall in the bank.

Now imagine a poor schoolteacher who wants to go to Europe and he applies and has limited bank and his job is limited school teacher.

Rejection is on his face.

And that happens to so many people.

So your story is an anomaly.

The reason I am saying is, my Pakistani passport has never been rejected either but I know the reason why it hasn't as well, but that doesn't mean my Pakistani passport is of value.
    Ultimately, apart from security reasons, the immigration officer is trying to determine whether or not the applicant is intending to remain beyond the timeframe allowed on the visa and/or whether or not they are likely to engage in any activity that violates the conditions of the type of visa applied for (eg paid work whilst on a tourist visa).

So in your example the immigration officer will be asking if the teacher is so poor and has such a poor salary, how is he financing the whole trip to Europe?

If he has a valid and convincing explanation then he will be issued with a visa, otherwise not.

Even young British men are sometimes denied entry to the USA, despite visa free travel agreements between the UK and USA, if the immigration officer feels that the individual is likely to remain beyond the timeframe allowed and/or is likely to perform paid work whilst in the USA.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Ultimately, apart from security reasons, the immigration officer is trying to determine whether or not the applicant is intending to remain beyond the timeframe allowed on the visa and/or whether or not they are likely to engage in any activity that violates the conditions of the type of visa applied for (eg paid work whilst on a tourist visa).

So in your example the immigration officer will be asking if the teacher is so poor and has such a poor salary, how is he financing the whole trip to Europe?

If he has a valid and convincing explanation then he will be issued with a visa, otherwise not.

Even young British men are sometimes denied entry to the USA, despite visa free travel agreements between the UK and USA, if the immigration officer feels that the individual is likely to remain beyond the timeframe allowed and/or is likely to perform paid work whilst in the USA.
    So ultimately Doc is right, because 85% of the country falls into the salary not high enough, not enough savings etc (in terms of what it needs to be for the visa- not what it needs to be for living in Pakistan)

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    No it's not. Everyone thinks that way before the actually apply with a Pakistani passport.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasad1998 View Post
    Not true at all. I've been to more countries than I can remember and all I have is a Pakistani passport. Haven't been denied a visa to a single country
    See the thing is that's normal acceptance ratio.

The people on this forum are not the best representative of the common man or the common population.

My two friends who cleared USMLE were not even granted visa despite the fact that they had valid reason (go to USA for giving the CS exam) and the reason was financial soundness even though the fact that they studied in medical school should have been ample evidence.

Also lot of other people I know who are from normal walks of life have been denied US/Schengen Visa just because the immigration officer didn't believe they had the financial ability to sustain themselves.

When you guys say Pakistani passport is not a problem, you are not painting yourself as a true representative of the population.

If it was NOT a problem, wouldn't we have Visa on Arrival for more than 5-6 odd countries?

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    So ultimately Doc is right, because 85% of the country falls into the salary not high enough, not enough savings etc (in terms of what it needs to be for the visa- not what it needs to be for living in Pakistan)
    Correct. Basically it's nothing to do with having 'a Pakistani passport' and everything to do with convincing an immigration official that you have the financial means to suuport yourself and not violate the conditions of the visa, which includes leaving the country before the visa expires and not staying beyond the timeframe allowed.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Spain embassy delayed my visa for my honeymoon even after I submitted all paid tickets and hotel reservations. So first thing I did after reaching spain was to spit there. I think I am entitled to a Visa to any country.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Correct. Basically it's nothing to do with having 'a Pakistani passport' and everything to do with convincing an immigration official that you have the financial means to suuport yourself and not violate the conditions of the visa, which includes leaving the country before the visa expires and not staying beyond the timeframe allowed.
    However if you are from a privileged country you are given visa on arrival even if you are a plumber.

So it has lots to do with what kind of passport you have.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    See the post above.

My two friends who cleared USMLE were not even granted visa despite the fact that they had valid reason (go to USA for giving the CS exam) and the reason was financial soundness even though the fact that they studied in medical school should have been ample evidence.
    Why should having studied at medical school be ample evidence on it's own? I've seen qualified medical professionals from 3rd world countries being caught doing menial jobs as illegal immigrants in the the USA / UK.

The simple fact of the matter is that your friends were not able to convince the immigration officer that they will leave the USA before the visa expires and/or they have the financial means to support themselves whilst in the USA and/or they will not undertake any paid activity.

Also lot of other people I know who are from normal walks of life have been denied US/Schengen Visa just because the immigration officer didn't believe they had the financial ability to sustain themselves.
    Exactly! It's up to them to convince the immigration officer, and not up to the immigration officer to disprove their assertions.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    However if you are from a privileged country you are given visa on arrival even if you are a plumber.

No, it's to do with your financial means and whether or not you will return. Plumbers in the UK often earn far more than qualified professionals! Ever tried calling a plumber to fix an emergency water leak?

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    See the thing is that's normal acceptance ratio.

The people on this forum are not the best representative of the common man or the common population.

When you guys say Pakistani passport is not a problem, you are not painting yourself as a true representative of the population.

If it was NOT a problem, wouldn't we have Visa on Arrival for more than 5-6 odd countries?
    I am not saying that the Pakistani passport is not cheap, but my point is that the difficulty of getting visas with it is largely overstated. As long as you can convince them that there is a strong motive for you to return to Pakistan, you will get a visa. Of course, there are extreme cases, but I'm not looking at outliers here. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'common man' in this context, but yes, it is very difficult to get a U.S./UK/Schengen Visa if you are not financially sound. However, from the point of view of the immigration officer, why should you be traveling to these countries in the first place if you don't have the financial resources?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    952 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

If you are from a priverlaged country you are unlikely to stay illegally in another one or overstay your visa.

So they dont need to make sure that you have enough resources to not want to stay

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    639 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whether I'm travelling on Pakistani or Canadian passport the folks at US immigration treat me as if I'm Bin Laden's younger brother. I hate travelling through or to the States.

#Worst country on Earth

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    I am not saying that the Pakistani passport is not cheap, but my point is that the difficulty of getting visas with it is largely overstated. As long as you can convince them that there is a strong motive for you to return to Pakistan, you will get a visa. Of course, there are extreme cases, but I'm not looking at outliers here. I'm not sure what you mean by the 'common man' in this context, but yes, it is very difficult to get a U.S./UK/Schengen Visa if you are not financially sound. However, from the point of view of the immigration officer, why should you be traveling to these countries in the first place if you don't have the financial resources?
    Correct. Some posters have difficulty understanding this concept.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Discuss the topic without being rude to other posters. Thanks.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karthikc View Post
    How does this concept of dual passport work? You need to show both passports at any immigration counter? Also in a foreign country you will be treated under which citizenship?
    How it works is that when you are travelling to a country you only have to show 1 of your passport (preferably the one that allows for visa free entry), immigration officers never ask about your 2nd nationality as long as you continue to enter that specific country with that same nationality. If I start entering a country with different passports and nationalities then they begin to question you. Otherwise they don't even ask about your 2nd nationality.

As for your 2nd question, in a foreign country you will be treated under the citizenship of the passport you have entered the country in. For me, if im ever in trouble for whatever reason in a foreign country (except when I travel to china for business), the UK embassy or consulate will come to my aid, not Pakistan.

hope that answers your questions
    Last edited by corneredtiger85292; 23rd March 2017 at 05:59.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corneredtiger85292 View Post
    How it works is that when you are travelling to a country you only have to show 1 of your passport (preferably the one that allows for visa free entry), immigration officers never ask about your 2nd nationality as long as you continue to enter that specific country with that same nationality. If I start entering a country with different passports and nationalities then they begin to question you. Otherwise they don't even ask about your 2nd nationality.

As for your 2nd question, in a foreign country you will be treated under the citizenship of the passport you have entered the country in. For me, if im ever in trouble for whatever reason in a foreign country (except when I travel to china for business), the UK embassy or consulate will come to my aid, not Pakistan.

hope that answers your questions
    Thanks a lot for your detailed reply!! It clarified the concept for me

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by karthikc View Post
    Thanks a lot for your detailed reply!! It clarified the concept for me
    You are welcome brother

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Venue
    Dubai, UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't consider myself to be from upper class, both me and my wife and Chartered Accountants working in MNCs. Our only source of income is through our job so while Alhamdolillah the income is good enough it is by no means a wind fall. I have found people with similar profiles but from countries like Syria, Egypt and Yemen getting their visas rejected purely on grounds of their nationalities. Guess what all three countries are ranked higher than Pakistan in this index.

I am by no means a fan of Pakistani passport, but I have never really had any problems with travelling on it. Maybe me and wife are an exception to this rule as per you but I have a number of friends colleagues in CA community and none of them have ever has issues with schengen or US visas.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

While I have always got the visas I wanted with my Indian passport, the documents and formalities seem to get more tedious with every passing year.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Whether I'm travelling on Pakistani or Canadian passport the folks at US immigration treat me as if I'm Bin Laden's younger brother. I hate travelling through or to the States.

#Worst country on Earth
    By far the rudest people I have met in the world are US immigration officials. Normally I respond to rudeness by being stern, but dealing with them is the one time I switch to "whatever" mode.