Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Mixed bag.

Kamran and Shehzad are only there thanks to the two nitwits who decided to get themselves involved with a bookmaker. Sharjeel and Latif could have been our nailed on LOI openers at least until the next World Cup. I suppose a case can be made for both given their domestic form, but we know how this story ends when they face international attacks.

However what's the justification for selecting Hafeez who hasn't shown ANY form either domestically or internationally ? We don't need his off-spin given we already have Imad and Shadab along with other spin options.

Junaid Khan can also count himself lucky given the thrashings he received in the domestic one day tournaments and the PSL. There is no justification for Junaid's or Tanvir's inclusion, and Sohail Khan's exclusion - the latter being the bowler of the PSL.

On the plus side, we have Rumman Raees, Usman Shinwari, Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf and Mohammad Asghar included so its nonsense to say there are no youngsters selected at all. Asif Zakir's domestic form has been rewarded so no complaints there.
    Pretty much agree with most of it except for the Tanvir criticism. Tanvir is a solid a T20 bowler and performs reasonably well for Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's a poor squad with a lot of dead weight. They will do really well against West Indies and then fail in the champions trophy. By selecting this squad, the Managment is putting all its eggs in the basket of these players being good enough to play in England.
    Known chokers and jokers dominate this squad. And this is pretty much the signature mediocrity of Pakistan cricket.
    It doesn't matter what year it is but guys like Malik Hafeez kamran will always be around.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    It's a poor squad with a lot of dead weight. They will do really well against West Indies and then fail in the champions trophy. By selecting this squad, the Managment is putting all its eggs in the basket of these players being good enough to play in England.
    Known chokers and jokers dominate this squad. And this is pretty much the signature mediocrity of Pakistan cricket.
    It doesn't matter what year it is but guys like Malik Hafeez kamran will always be around.
    Are you surprised that Inzi as a chief selector is so incompetent? I thought he would be better but he is proving himself to be even worst than the past chief selectors Why he is not thinking about Pakistan's future?

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lols, the TTFS will have a good time against Windies om those slow pitches, Inzi will be satisfied with their performances and will select them for CT, then they will fail miserably there, there will be talks everywhere to drop them, PCB will organize a Faysal Bank T20 where the same failures will smash poor domestic bowlers and will be back in team on basis of good performances in domestic cricket

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    Lols, the TTFS will have a good time against Windies om those slow pitches, Inzi will be satisfied with their performances and will select them for CT, then they will fail miserably there, there will be talks everywhere to drop them, PCB will organize a Faysal Bank T20 where the same failures will smash poor domestic bowlers and will be back in team on basis of good performances in domestic cricket
    Whose fault is it??? Why the young and upcoming talented batsmen don't perform when playing these tournaments...

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Shadab and Zaman selected in both squads. Also Shinwari in T20s is a good choice. It's terrible and depressing to see Hafeez in both squads. Shehzad and Kamran opening seems we are back in 2011.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I think we are heading towards a 2013 like debacle in the CT and only then we will get rid of all these TTFs.
    Never got rid of these TTFs.. they will play in the same tournament after 4 years now, what have they learnt

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez will score runs against west indies and then will fail in CT. But he will be kept because he scored against west indies... story of his career.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Hafeez will score runs against west indies and then will fail in CT. But he will be kept because he scored against west indies... story of his career.
    He is going to fail in WI if he plays in the top 3.WI pitches offer a bit of seam and swing early on which he is weak against.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ten steps backward.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliance View Post
    He is going to fail in WI if he plays in the top 3.WI pitches offer a bit of seam and swing early on which he is weak against.
    If Alzarri and Gabriel open, no way he's going to score.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Yeah I hope his career is finished in the windies. Btw, I think his reflexes are also getting slower on top of that awful technique.

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So both XIs are likely going to be the same with the only difference being Amir vs Tanvir.

ODIs
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Kamran Akmal
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Babar Azam
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed (wk) (c)
    Imad Wasim
    Shadab Khan
    Hasan Ali
    Wahab Riaz
    Mohammad Amir

T20Is
    Ahmed Shehzad
    Kamran Akmal
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Babar Azam
    Shoaib Malik
    Sarfraz Ahmed (c) (wk)
    Imad Wasim
    Shadab Khan
    Hasan Ali
    Wahab Riaz
    Sohail Tanvir

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will bat at number 4.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He will bat at number 4.
    They will take out the openers as well unless they block out the first 10 overs.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inzamam should look at himself in the mirror and be ashamed.

It was his golden opportunity to write the book anew. To do what teams like England and Australia did to turn their fortunes around.

Instead, he went back to the village.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 15th March 2017 at 16:27.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful squads

We have a good chance of looking like this

Hafeez
    Shahzad
    Babar
    Kamran
    Malik
    Sarfraz C WK
    Imad
    Riaz
    Amir
    Hasan
    ?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just hope Babar isn't affected by all the dross around him.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corridor of Uncertainty View Post
    Inzamam should look at himself in the mirror and be ashamed.

It was his golden opportunity to write the book anew. To do what teams like England and Australia did to turn their fortunes around.

Instead, he went back to the village.
    Rather melodramatic. To infer there are no youngsters in the squad is wrong - Shadab, Ashraf, Raees, Shinwari and Asghar have all been named.

England and Australia have much better domestic systems where players are properly groomed and are ready (or as close to it) for international cricket. The opening spots have been particularly difficult to fill for years. Where are our David Warners, Jason Roys and Alex Hales ?

I agree I wouldn't have selected Kamran, Shehzad or Hafeez whose selections are a MAJOR backwards step. However I don't believe all three would've made the squad without the suspensions of Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif.

Shahzaib Hasan hardly featured in the PSL which may have been to do with his naming in the scandal. He also had a chance of making the national team after his domestic form. Ahsan Ali and Nauman Anwar aren't ready for international cricket whilst Mukhtar Ahmed and Awais Zia have been found out at international level. Who are the alternatives ? Why is the cupboard so bare ?

Why are highly flawed players like Kamran and Shehzad looking like the second coming of Greenidge and Haynes in our domestic system despite being repeatedly exposed in internationals ? We can fume at the selectors but we'll never get better squads without a long, hard look at our domestic structure which is not producing enough international-standard cricketers.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 15th March 2017 at 16:27.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it is 2009 again, as far as top 3 are concerned

If only Sharjeel had some sense.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Boils my blood to see Shehzad, hope he doesn't score in any innings. Also so stupid that the highest wicket taker in this years PSL is not there but Tanvir is

Some positives though, Shadab, Zaman and Fahim, no Umar, Azhar or Shafiq.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rather melodramatic. To infer there are no youngsters in the squad is wrong - Shadab, Ashraf, Raees, Shinwari and Asghar have all been named.
    How many of them do you see making the XI ahead of the seniors? Most likely they'll be kept on the bench and dropped for the next tour for no rhyme or reason.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is best in playing TTFs. No team would be playing guys from 2009.
    We are playing Malik, Akmal, Hafeez, Shehzad.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just hope Babar isn't affected by all the dross around him.
    Let's hope he isn't dropped down the order for professor again

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Hafeez is real golden boy of Pakistan Cricket.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Lol what are you talking about. Babar had three centuries at number three when Hafeez the golden boy wasn't there and first game back golden boy slotted in at three and Babar shifted to four.

Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Shadab Khan, Usman Shinware, Ruman Raees, Fakhar Zaman and other youngsters and new players selected.

This is one of the best and most refreshing selection in a long time.

Ex Shahid Afridi fan.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BA56 View Post
    Pretty much agree with most of it except for the Tanvir criticism. Tanvir is a solid a T20 bowler and performs reasonably well for Pakistan.
    He takes less than a wicket a game

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez,Malik and K.Akmal...

Good to see Shadab,Usman Khan and Asghar.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan T20

Fakhar Zaman/Ahmed Shehzad
    Kamran Akmal/Muhammed Hafeez
    Babar Azam
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Shoaib Malik
    Immad Wasim/Muhammad Nawaz
    Shadab Khan
    Sohail Tanvir
    Hassan Ali
    Wahab Riaz/Usmaan Shinwari
    Rumman Raees

Pakistan ODI

Fakhar Zaman/Ahmed Shehzad
    Kamran Akmal/Muhammed Hafeez
    Babar Azam
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Asif Zakir
    Shoaib Malik
    Immad Wasim
    Shadab Khan/Muhammad Asghar
    Muhammed Amir
    Wahab Riaz
    Hassan Ali

Few things I could see, the likes of Saad Ali & Hussain Talat weren’t selected because they cannot play at no.5/6, so they got demoted to the U23 side IMO. Hopefully they play well and make an impression so they can included instead of the likes of Hafeez IMO.
    Asif Zakir got selected because he can play in the no.5 position in the batting line up, otherwise who is going to play in that position?
    Also, we can play 6 different opening combinations looking from the squad, so that’s a negative, could’ve slotted another middle order batsmen like Hussain Talat or Saad Ali if heaven forbids something happened to Babar Azam or to Shoaib Malik or Sarfraz.
    Kamran Akmal will either play from the start as a wicketkeeper or he won’t play at all IMO. Fakhar Zaman is needed to open the innings as he can play that “Sharjeel” role at the top of the innings hopefully because he can maybe provide that spark.

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    T-20 Squad
    1. Ahmad Shehzad 2. Kamran Akmal 3. Muhammad Hafeez 4. Baber Azam 5. Shoaib Malik 6. Fakhar Zaman
    7. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK 8. Immad Wasim 9. Shadab Khan 10. Muhammad Nawaz 11. Hassan Ali
    12. Sohail Tanvir 13. Wahab Riaz 14. Rumman Raees 15. Usman Khan Shinwari

I think, it's a mix bag of squad & apart from MoHa's selection, it's not a bad squad. Few days back, I also posted my squad (s), and most of the names are common. Only problem is just one good knock at PSL has allowed Inzi to pick MoHa & he'll occupy the crucial No. 4 spot, pushing both Sarfu & Mian one slot lower.

For T20 squad, positives are
    1. Amir been rested, which I predicted also. He is been playing almost non stop. Since T20s are first, it'll give him nice 3 weeks break. On top, they have picked Shinwari, which is a positive sign
    2. Shadab is picked & he'll play, which adds a genuine spinner in the team who can bat

Negatives are -
    1. MoHa - barring KAkmal (who is a risk as well after 3 years) it makes a top 6 that might struggle to pace up innings in Test when required, let alone T20
    2. No left-hander in top 6/7 which is a blunder. One lefti had to be there - my pick was Saad
    3. Nawaz, having Imad doesn't make any sense to pick another lefti spinner.

I would have made 2 changes, excluding Umar, who failed fitness test, hence no excuse - Saad, Talat in; MoHa & Nawaz out.

Over all, 7 out of 10 from me.

ODI Squad
    1. Ahmad Shehzad 2. Kamran Akmal 3. Muhammad Hafeez 4. Baber Azam 5. Shoaib Malik 6. Fakhar Zaman
    7. Asif Zakir 8. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK 9. Immad Wasim 10. Shadab Khan 11. Hassan Ali 12. Wahab Riaz
    13. Muhammad Amir 14. Fahim Ashraf 15. Junaid Khan 16. Muhammad Asghar

Again, I did pick most these players - there are not many options left actually.

Positives are -
    1. Amir is back, which indicates PAK finally has the right priority - business usual, he should have been rested in ODI, & played in T20; while who cares about Test.
    2. PAK finally is looking to play couple of genuine spinners - this is to me the biggest positive shift in strategy.
    3. They have finally picked a pace bowling all-rounder in Fahim
    4. Nawaz is dropped - it's between him or Imad, not both identical spinner

Negatives are -
    1. MoHa
    2. Not picking Talat & Saad, instead Asif Zakir is picked, who is in mid 30s. Besides, Inzi kept his double standard as he picked a player not even selected in PSL & had a poor domestics recently

I would have made 3 changes, excluding Umar. My choice was Umar as 2nd WK, but KAkmal out performed him in fitness, so fair enough. Sohail, Saad & Talat in - MoHa, Asif, JK out.

6 out of 10 for me, because I don't find any logic of picking MoHa & Asif Zakir over the younger players. JK vs Sohail is understandable - PCB won't learn until the umpires disgrace PAK cricket once more, therefore the younger man comes.

I expected better from Inzi actually - not that there are too many changes required, but he has picked MoHa & he'll spoil the batting order from 4. Just a couple of lefti in that order & I would have given him 9, at least 8+

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ^^Just to add to the negatives, I have to mention Azhar Ali in ODI. It's not that I would have kept him, but it indicates the shallowness in PCB, which is risky for every player, apart from MoHa.

They appointed someone out of blue as ODI Captain & then drop him all together from the squad, which indicates that it was a wrong choice from start & PCB carried him for 2 years, just from their vaunted ego. This is not a good sign - great for Azhar that he noticed the trap & stepped down in time, otherwise, those who made him ODI Captain for Test performance, easily could have dropped him from Test for ODI performance.

Good honest player - deserved better treatment, but he dragged himself in this mess, should have stepped down after UK tour, then easily could have made the ODI squad.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    ^^Just to add to the negatives, I have to mention Azhar Ali in ODI. It's not that I would have kept him, but it indicates the shallowness in PCB, which is risky for every player, apart from MoHa.

They appointed someone out of blue as ODI Captain & then drop him all together from the squad, which indicates that it was a wrong choice from start & PCB carried him for 2 years, just from their vaunted ego. This is not a good sign - great for Azhar that he noticed the trap & stepped down in time, otherwise, those who made him ODI Captain for Test performance, easily could have dropped him from Test for ODI performance.

Good honest player - deserved better treatment, but he dragged himself in this mess, should have stepped down after UK tour, then easily could have made the ODI squad.
    boils my blood to see hafiz there..i just hope and hope that he goes for duck in every match ..

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mixed bag.

Kamran and Shehzad are only there thanks to the two nitwits who decided to get themselves involved with a bookmaker. Sharjeel and Latif could have been our nailed on LOI openers at least until the next World Cup. I suppose a case can be made for both given their domestic form, but we know how this story ends when they face international attacks.

However what's the justification for selecting Hafeez who hasn't shown ANY form either domestically or internationally ? We don't need his off-spin given we already have Imad and Shadab along with other spin options.

Junaid Khan can also count himself lucky given the thrashings he received in the domestic one day tournaments and the PSL. There is no justification for Junaid's or Tanvir's inclusion, and Sohail Khan's exclusion - the latter being the bowler of the PSL.

On the plus side, we have Rumman Raees, Usman Shinwari, Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf and Mohammad Asghar included so its nonsense to say there are no youngsters selected at all. Asif Zakir's domestic form has been rewarded so no complaints there.
    very much agree with this, although I'm unfamiliar with Ashraf and Zakir.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    boils my blood to see hafiz there..i just hope and hope that he goes for duck in every match ..
    7 innings - 6 ducks & 1 fifty will work for him, at least he is that good. Did better than that at PSL in 10 attempts, so forget about your dream.

Better, listen to 2 established PAK cricketers of modern time (one of them is almost ATG), regarding MoHa (in that Saj Sadiq tweet at Game on Hai thread) - I won't bet, if there is any odd on MoHa playing 2019 WC as PAK Captain. He is actually rated at per with Majid, Imran or Javed & he is definitely more powerful than Afridi. Afridi's power was his popularity - he filled good part PCB's coffers. But this guy MoHa has links where it matters & he is damn smart - he left PAK Captaincy & keep his a$$ safe, got VIP treatment everywhere. Category A contract, regular starter for 3 formats, fields at 1st slip in Test, backward point in LO (Mark Waugh also did same, but you know .......) - he'll play Test in WI as well.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 15th March 2017 at 16:29.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    7 innings - 6 ducks & 1 fifty will work for him, at least he is that good. Did better than that at PSL in 10 attempts, so forget about your dream.

Better, listen to 2 established PAK cricketers of modern time (one of them is almost ATG), regarding MoHa (in that Saj Sadiq tweet at Game on Hai thread) - I won't bet, if there is any odd on MoHa playing 2019 WC as PAK Captain. He is actually rated at per with Majid, Imran or Javed & he is definitely more powerful than Afridi. Afridi's power was his popularity - he filled good part PCB's coffers. But this guy MoHa has links where it matters & he is damn smart - he left PAK Captaincy & keep his a$$ safe, got VIP treatment everywhere. Category A contract, regular starter for 3 formats, fields at 1st slip in Test, backward point in LO (Mark Waugh also did same, but you know .......) - he'll play Test in WI as well.
    do some media pressure will work??or socialmedia etc..inzi has disappointed me regarding his cotradictory statments but i will not complain much because he actually did better than his captaincy regimne..where iftikhar anjum M khalil M.asif abdurrahman and bazid khan??/and in this list M.KHALIL was hard done..he played two odi in aus and was good..

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is the list of debutants under great inzi...

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    do some media pressure will work??or socialmedia etc..inzi has disappointed me regarding his cotradictory statments but i will not complain much because he actually did better than his captaincy regimne..where iftikhar anjum M khalil M.asif abdurrahman and bazid khan??/and in this list M.KHALIL was hard done..he played two odi in aus and was good..
    Won't - most people is media is sweetened by MoHa's lobby. Besides, players with reputation backs him - who is going to read some novices in PP, rather than what Sohaib, Sohail, Wasim Bari or Rambo Raja tells. Inzi was a last hope, but he is also sold. Another problem is, there is hardly any IND-PAK cricket these days, which was the key to several retirements from both sides - MoHa can troll around for years & it won't hurt mass people, unless it hurts their ego.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why are highly flawed players like Kamran and Shehzad looking like the second coming of Greenidge and Haynes in our domestic system despite being repeatedly exposed in internationals ? We can fume at the selectors but we'll never get better squads without a long, hard look at our domestic structure which is not producing enough international-standard cricketers.
    I hope you get it now.

Reason why I'm in favor of selecting Kamran - just because he's better than the other TTFs we have, on his current form and ability.

It's unfair to compare him to Shehzad, he's 10x better. Still poor intl class though.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    854 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    this is the list of debutants under great inzi...
    You shouldn't have expected much - in his 4 years as Captain, he had 3 debutaunts - Riaz Afridi (1 Test), Asif (dropped after 1 Test for a year & came back in a Test, where Inzi was out for injury), Abdur Rehman (his last Series). Not sure, if I am missing any one else, but may be 1 at most. Extremely loyalist personality, who'll do exactly what is in his mind & whom he likes/trusts.

No offense, but I have seen this trait all over the world in Tabligue Zamat people. They are the nicest people around - talks sweet, never hurts someone with word, lives a very decent, humble & honest life. More or less, every human quality is there in them & their family - less ambitious, very down to earth people.

But, they are extremely rigid on their ideology, their brotherhood & their chain of command - seniority is the biggest quality. If one of their member tells something, regardless of what, each one will back him (or at least won't be present in discussion), & they'll follow blindly to the seniors.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 15th March 2017 at 18:50.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like all inzis squads so far, some good selections than some poor selections.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Shadab Khan in both squads.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i seriously doubt how MA approved the selections of hafeez, kamran and shehzad in ODIs yes in ODIs...His tenure will be assessed by PCB after 1 year as per his contract, if he loses against WI he is in very big trouble to lose his job as an unsuccessful coach again...

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    T20Is:

Ahmed Shehzad & Kamran Akmal being selected makes complete sense, as much as we don't like it.

Good to see Fakhar Zaman in there.

Malik, Sarfraz, Babar makes sense.

Hafeez, especially in T20Is, is an awful selection. He's never been a T20 player.

Great to see Shadab in there. Him along with Imad will make a good duo. Asghar should've been there ahead of Nawaz, while the latter should've been there in ODIs.

Rumman, Shinwari, Hasan are fantastic selections.

Selecting Tanvir is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering the fact that he failed the fitness test.

Good to see Amir rested and I believe Wahab should've been rested from T20Is as well (but don't mind that too much).

Umar deservedly dropped due to fitness issues.

I really hope Saad Ali & Hussain Talat are a part of the U-23 squad and both play major roles. In that case, I wouldn't mind their exclusion too much.

I would replace Hafeez, Nawaz, and Tanvir with Talat (considering Umar Akmal is unfit, Shahzaib Hasan is under investigation, Mohammad Rizwan is not suited for T20s, and Haris Sohail is out of sorts) Asghar, and Sohail Khan, while also adding Aamer Yamin.

ODIs:

Again, hard to ignore Kamran & Shehzad.

Hafeez is once again a poor selection, and I'm hoping against hope that he's benched. Even though I have a soft spot for him and am a fan of his, his selection at this point does not make sense. He just doesn't fit in. I just hope he somehow ends up batting at #6, where he can actually be used as an asset.

Babar and Malik definitely belong.

Great to see Fakhar's name.

Asif Zakir is a tough one. Yes he's picked on merit, but his recent LA form is very shoddy, not to mention he's 33. I'll only be fine with his selection if Saad & Talat are indeed a part of the U-23 squad.

Sarfraz & Imad are obvious selections.

Again, great to see Shadab there.

Wahab, Amir, Hasan were givens.

Asghar is a great inclusion, and happy to see his name over Yasir.

Junaid is OK as a bench option, but I'd much rather have Sohail Khan (heck I'd have him in the XI).

Fahim Ashraf seems OK. Much rather have Hammad/Yamin but this is better than nothing I guess.

Great to see the likes of Rahat, Azhar, Shafiq all dropped.

I would replace Hafeez, Zakir, Fahim, with Saad Ali, Talat, and Yamin, while also adding Sohail Khan.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    All the deserving players have been selected and even Kamran, Shehzad and Hafeez have gotten in after putting in some good performances at the domestic level. Azhar Ali has been dropped, Amir has been rested, Butt is nowhere to be seen and Sarfaraz has been given the reigns.

Inzamam has done a great job on his part. Now it's up to the players themselves to ensure that they don't waste the opportunities afforded to them.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    All in all, 6 changes from our last T20I squad and 7 changes from our last ODI squad.

Changes from our last T20I squad: Khalid Latif, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Rizwan, Saad Nasim, Sharjeel Khan, Umar Akmal OUT; Ahmed Shehzad, Usman Shinwari, Kamran Akmal, Mohammad Hafeez, Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan IN

Changes from our last ODI squad: Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Rizwan, Rahat Ali, Sharjeel Khan, Umar Akmal OUT; Ahmed Shehzad, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Asghar, Kamran Akmal, Fahim Ashraf, Asif Zakir, Shadab Khan IN

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think we are heading towards a 2013 like debacle in the CT and only then we will get rid of all these TTFs.
    Only to be picked again a year or 2 later. Rinse and repeat.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 step forward 10 steps back.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is a poor selection especially for ODIs. Just isn't useful enough as bowling isn't that gold any more. With Shadab Khan coming in the slot of spin bowling all rounder is already taken. Hussain Talat should have been given a go.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt Kamran will play alongside Sarfraz where Kamran would have to field. I reckon he'll get one game but won't start all of them. Most likely Shehzad to partner Zaman.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inclusion of Fakhar Zaman, Shadab and Asghar are great but other than that, its pretty rough. Kamran Akmal is old and has a long history of being pretty bad. Good on him for dominating domestically but he is 35 years old... there is zero reason to think he has completely revamped his game and will suddenly turn into a great batter. Asif Zakir is a head scratcher too, he is 33 years old and while his numbers are fine, they don't exactly jump off the page. Give the younger players a shot... I get it, the team wants to win immediately but the goal should be to win in the world cup and I can't forsee these oldies being considered for the squad in 2019 to be honest.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt tanvir fail the fitness test?
    Fitness test was for Umar Akmal only.

Sohail Tanvir: no fitness, selected

Hafeez: no performance, selected.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all those who are bashing Shoaib Malik, here's his numbers since he came back into the team after the WC.

28 innings, 1058 runs at an average of 55.68 and a SR of 101.73

So before using his age as an excuse, look at his numbers before criticizing. He's been our best LOI bat over the last 2 years. But just because he's 35 and is Shoaib Malik, people here automatically consider him worthless.

Damn if you perform, damned if you don't!!!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Does anyone have the full scorecard/details of the practice match between members of the preliminary 31-man squad? I mean any news asides from Malik and Babar's tons, Hafeez's duck, and Shinwari's 3 wickets? Would love to know. @Abdullah719

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    587 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So the same players who have failed in pretty much last few world cups and ICC tourneys and been massive failures over last decade in general are expected to make up the bulk of the batting heading towards next ICC CT and world cup.

PCBs new moto should be - "Pakistani cricket recycling rubbish since 2003"

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So this batting unit can't chase and won't be able to score more than 250.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Does anyone have the full scorecard/details of the practice match between members of the preliminary 31-man squad? I mean any news asides from Malik and Babar's tons, Hafeez's duck, and Shinwari's 3 wickets? Would love to know. @Abdullah719
    Don't have much info bro. I heard Azhar scored a hundred too, though.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When is the team flying out to the Windies? The PP homepage says the first match is in 6 days. The flight to the Caribbean is about 25-30 hours from Pakistan and the time difference between both places is also 12-13 hours. Shouldn't we be on our way now when the first match is inside a week away? Don't the players need time to acclimatize to the different conditions and also get over the tiredness of the long flight?

Leave it to PCB to arrive one day before an important tour.

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    To all those who are bashing Shoaib Malik, here's his numbers since he came back into the team after the WC.

28 innings, 1058 runs at an average of 55.68 and a SR of 101.73

So before using his age as an excuse, look at his numbers before criticizing. He's been our best LOI bat over the last 2 years. But just because he's 35 and is Shoaib Malik, people here automatically consider him worthless.

Damn if you perform, damned if you don't!!!
    yeah along with that Malik's attidude since his comeback has been fantastic too.
    He's generally a very good fielder and probably a better bowler than Hafeez at this point.

He's the only one pre-2010 brigade that should be in the team

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When is the team flying out to the Windies? The PP homepage says the first match is in 6 days. The flight to the Caribbean is about 25-30 hours from Pakistan and the time difference between both places is also 12-13 hours. Shouldn't we be on our way now when the first match is inside a week away? Don't the players need time to acclimatize to the different conditions and also get over the tiredness of the long flight?

Leave it to PCB to arrive one day before an important tour.
    Pakistan Team management and player arrival at Karachi airport.

Name:  17353180_818704064950607_6453271133340630591_n.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  29.3 KB

Name:  17361931_818704081617272_7480173917185593225_n.jpg
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  17362496_818704058283941_8364932350523819494_n.jpg
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  17362625_818704051617275_6497656990876637719_n.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  26.3 KB

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Pakistan Team management and player arrival at Karachi airport.

Name:  17353180_818704064950607_6453271133340630591_n.jpg
Size:  29.3 KB

Name:  17361931_818704081617272_7480173917185593225_n.jpg
Size:  62.0 KB

Name:  17362496_818704058283941_8364932350523819494_n.jpg
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  17362625_818704051617275_6497656990876637719_n.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  26.3 KB
    Meray kehnay ki daer thi.

Thank you PCB

GO NAWAZ GO!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England and Australia have much better domestic systems where players are properly groomed and are ready (or as close to it) for international cricket. The opening spots have been particularly difficult to fill for years. Where are our David Warners, Jason Roys and Alex Hales ?

I agree I wouldn't have selected Kamran, Shehzad or Hafeez whose selections are a MAJOR backwards step. However I don't believe all three would've made the squad without the suspensions of Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif.

Shahzaib Hasan hardly featured in the PSL which may have been to do with his naming in the scandal. He also had a chance of making the national team after his domestic form. Ahsan Ali and Nauman Anwar aren't ready for international cricket whilst Mukhtar Ahmed and Awais Zia have been found out at international level. Who are the alternatives ? Why is the cupboard so bare ?

Almost all young, domestic performers did quite well on this tour - in all formats. Many more waiting in the wings to be given a chance. This should have been the end of Shehzad, Hafeez and Kamran but alas!