Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 142
  1. #1
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    3,577
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Pakistan T20I and ODI Squads announced for West Indies Tour

    Lahore-March 15, 2017:
    The National Selection Committee headed by Inzamam ul Haq after consultation with head coach Mickey Arthur and captain ODI and T-20 Sarfraz Ahmed, has announced the squads for the T-20 and ODI series for West Indies tour. Pakistan Team will play 4 T-20I and 3 ODIs against West Indies.



    T-20 Squad

    1. Ahmad Shehzad

    2. Kamran Akmal

    3. Muhammad Hafeez

    4. Baber Azam

    5. Shoaib Malik

    6. Fakhar Zaman

    7. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK

    8. Immad Wasim

    9. Shadab Khan

    10. Muhammad Nawaz

    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Sohail Tanvir

    13. Wahab Riaz

    14. Rumman Raees

    15. Usman Khan Shinwari



    ODI Squad
    1. Ahmad Shehzad

    2. Kamran Akmal

    3. Muhammad Hafeez

    4. Baber Azam

    5. Shoaib Malik

    6. Fakhar Zaman

    7. Asif Zakir

    8. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK

    9. Immad Wasim

    10. Shadab Khan

    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Wahab Riaz

    13. Muhammad Amir

    14. Fahim Ashraf

    15. Junaid Khan

    16. Muhammad Asghar

    Schedule
    T20s


    · March 26 1st T20 Kensington Oval

    · March 30 2nd T20 Queen’s Park Oval

    · April 1 3rd T20 Queen’s Park Oval

    · April 2 4th T20 Queen’s Park Oval



    ODI

    · April 7 1st ODI Guyana National Stadium

    · April 9 2nd ODI Guyana National Stadium

    · April 11 3rd ODI Guyana National Stadium
    Last edited by volcyz; 15th March 2017 at 10:27.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,135
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic to see Hafeez in both squads. Good to see Zaman in with and delighted to see Azhar, Junior and Shafiq dropped. The inclusion of Shinwari and Shadab is the way forward.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top five will have hafeez akmal and malik.

    Pakistans concept of modern cricket.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    1,954
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez is still there


    Team Pakistan

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt tanvir fail the fitness test?


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2014
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    840
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    one akmal leaves and another enters


    Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    3,760
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Inzamam, Amir is rested for T20Is.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,514
    Mentioned
    3725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Don't agree with Hafeez and Junaid, and Amir has been respectfully dropped from T20s. Difficult to justify selection after flopping in PSL both times.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,456
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    So we gone from Sharjeel to Kami and Shehzad This will be an epic fail.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    5,690
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shezad, kamran, hafeez, malik - good to see were moving forward.

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    3,577
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    So we gone from Sharjeel to Kami and Shehzad This will be an epic fail.
    sharjeel blunder kargaya bhai

  12. #12
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,456
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pak4life View Post
    Shezad, kamran, hafeez, malik - good to see were moving forward.
    So back to 2013, only this time older and not as fit

  13. #13
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    1,954
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our likely top 5

    Shahzad
    Kamran
    Hafeez
    Babar
    S Malik



    Team Pakistan

  14. #14
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,456
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If Kami and Shehzad open, where does Hafeez slot in?

  15. #15
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    3,577
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    If Kami and Shehzad open, where does Hafeez slot in?
    i hope hafeez gets unfit during t20 series
    enough of mediocrity now

  16. #16
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately Sharjeel was our most important player in the context that we were trying to match the run rate of the modern teams. With Shehzads blocks at the top and Akmals 35 balls 26 we will again be taking a tour in the past.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shehzad
    Akmal
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hassan
    Wahab

    I think that will be our starting 11 in odis.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,083
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif Zakir is a good selection.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir jibran View Post
    PAK T20I team: Ahmed, Kamran, Hafeez, Babar, Shoaib, Fakhr Zaman, Sarfaraz, Imad, Shadab, Nawaz, Hassan, S Tanvir, Wahab, Rumman, U Shinwari
    PAK's ODI squad: Shehzad, K Akmal, Hafeez, Babar, Malik, Zaman, A Zakir, Sarfraz, Imad, Shadab, Hasan, Riaz, Aamir, F Ashraf, Junaid, Asghar
    Happy to see some new faces but hate to see hafeez's name their
    Former captain Azhar ali dropped
    Akmal and shehzad return
    Jr Akmal dropped for fitness reasons
    what about this then

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...-fitness-tests

    one unfit player dropped in both formats and the other got selected is very unfair on UA , though i dont want both of them in being unfit..

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    1,954
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Asif Zakir is a good selection.
    Is Asif Zakir good enough for ODIs?

    I had the view that he is very good at First Class and should be considered for Tests.


    Team Pakistan

  21. #21
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Asif Zakir is a good selection.
    Yah another guy deep into his 30s , Add two years as a pakistani factor into his age and he is 36. Good investment.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    17,849
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old is asif zakir?

    It seems there are quite a few guys in their 30s.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,027
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Didnt tanvir fail the fitness test?
    Tanvir, Umar akmal, imad have failed fitness test twice but test taken third time to clear them

  24. #24
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    How old is asif zakir?

    It seems there are quite a few guys in their 30s.
    Official age is 33.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    38,288
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafay Shafiq View Post
    Tanvir, Umar akmal, imad have failed fitness test twice but test taken third time to clear them
    So why inzi says that only akmal failed the test?


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    1,027
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Shehzad
    Akmal
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hassan
    Wahab

    I think that will be our starting 11 in odis.
    Hafeez, Malik, babar, sarfraz too one dimensional team

  27. #27
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar ali shouldnt be dropped from ODIs, wanted to see how he does without the added pressure of captain... at any difficult he will be the only one to carry the bat through the innings..

    N.B: Having both kakmal and shehzad will soon backfire and bring all the opening problems they had before...

  28. #28
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    17,849
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Shehzad
    Akmal
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hassan
    Wahab

    I think that will be our starting 11 in odis.
    Look at that top 7. Probably the worst batting combination among all teams. Accumulators, anchors, tuk tuks, dots and sometimes singles. The only one who fits his role is Babar at 3 and perhaps malik at 5. Rest are either grossly misplaced in the line up or dont even fit the required combination.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar ali not selected but Hafeez got selected is totally unfair on him...Well AA need that for calling his friend for the AUS series when he was not selected initially by the selectors....

  30. #30
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,083
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Yah another guy deep into his 30s , Add two years as a pakistani factor into his age and he is 36. Good investment.
    He is a decent fluent batsman. I don't care about his age but has timings on his shots

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asif Zakir and his recent list-A record

    Recent matches
    Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
    41 Sui Sthn Gas v Habib Bank Karachi 2 Jan 2017 LA
    8 Sui Sthn Gas v WAPDA Karachi 31 Dec 2016 LA
    0 Sui Sthn Gas v National Bnk Karachi 27 Dec 2016 LA
    0 Sui Sthn Gas v WAPDA Karachi 25 Dec 2016 LA
    37 Sui Sthn Gas v Habib Bank Hyderabad 23 Dec 2016 LA
    10 Sui Sthn Gas v Khan RL Karachi 21 Dec 2016 LA
    27* Sui Sthn Gas v PIA Karachi 19 Dec 2016 LA
    103 Sui Sthn Gas v United Bank Karachi 17 Dec 2016 LA


    not sure why was he selected ahead of Hussain Talat

    Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
    11 Islamabad Un v Karachi Kngs Dubai (DSC) 26 Feb 2017 T20
    56 Islamabad Un v Quetta Glad Dubai (DSC) 24 Feb 2017 T20
    56 FATA v Lahore W Islamabad 20 Jan 2017 LA
    119* FATA v Karachi B Islamabad 14 Jan 2017 LA
    0, 0/11 FATA v Islamabad Islamabad 12 Jan 2017 LA
    123 FATA v Rawalpindi Islamabad 10 Jan 2017 LA
    21, 1/22 FATA v Peshawar Rawalpindi 8 Jan 2017 LA
    0/20, 5* Sui Northern v Sui Sthn Gas Karachi 29 Dec 2016 LA
    20 Sui Northern v United Bank Hyderabad (Sind) 27 Dec 2016 LA
    3 Sui Northern v WAPDA Hyderabad (Sind) 21 Dec 2016 LA

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,185
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hafeez

    Kamran

    Shehzad

    Malik




    Pakistan is on the right path to prosperity according to some.

    I won't even mention the other Akmal as everyone knows he is inconsequentially a nobody at number 6.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,762
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Why the hell is Fahim Ashraf selected ahead of Aamer Yamin & Sohail Khan ?

    Nawaz still there is also a joke


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad, Pakistan.
    Runs
    4,135
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ask_analyse_act View Post
    Asif Zakir and his recent list-A record

    Recent matches
    Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
    41 Sui Sthn Gas v Habib Bank Karachi 2 Jan 2017 LA
    8 Sui Sthn Gas v WAPDA Karachi 31 Dec 2016 LA
    0 Sui Sthn Gas v National Bnk Karachi 27 Dec 2016 LA
    0 Sui Sthn Gas v WAPDA Karachi 25 Dec 2016 LA
    37 Sui Sthn Gas v Habib Bank Hyderabad 23 Dec 2016 LA
    10 Sui Sthn Gas v Khan RL Karachi 21 Dec 2016 LA
    27* Sui Sthn Gas v PIA Karachi 19 Dec 2016 LA
    103 Sui Sthn Gas v United Bank Karachi 17 Dec 2016 LA


    not sure why was he selected ahead of Hussain Talat

    Bat & Bowl Team Opposition Ground Match Date Scorecard
    11 Islamabad Un v Karachi Kngs Dubai (DSC) 26 Feb 2017 T20
    56 Islamabad Un v Quetta Glad Dubai (DSC) 24 Feb 2017 T20
    56 FATA v Lahore W Islamabad 20 Jan 2017 LA
    119* FATA v Karachi B Islamabad 14 Jan 2017 LA
    0, 0/11 FATA v Islamabad Islamabad 12 Jan 2017 LA
    123 FATA v Rawalpindi Islamabad 10 Jan 2017 LA
    21, 1/22 FATA v Peshawar Rawalpindi 8 Jan 2017 LA
    0/20, 5* Sui Northern v Sui Sthn Gas Karachi 29 Dec 2016 LA
    20 Sui Northern v United Bank Hyderabad (Sind) 27 Dec 2016 LA
    3 Sui Northern v WAPDA Hyderabad (Sind) 21 Dec 2016 LA
    How do you not bro? Hussain Talat is too young for the Pakistani team and Asif Zakir fits the bill perfectly. Yet another 35 year old.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    10,762
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good to see U.Akmal being dropped though, guy is a joker


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  36. #36
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    top five will have hafeez akmal and malik.

    Pakistans concept of modern cricket
    .
    All talk and then do some nonsense...I supported and believed as INZI will be a revolution... he is nothing new but same old method of selections.....Cannot back INZI anymore..

  37. #37
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    Why the hell is Fahim Ashraf selected ahead of Aamer Yamin & Sohail Khan ?

    Nawaz still there is also a joke
    asif zakir, fahim ashraf couldnt even buy a cap from PSL but now in int'l team... Talat, sohail khan, Amad Butt and Aamer Yamin will be wondering whats wrong with Inzi, MA and SA..

  38. #38
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    from the squads

    the likely 11 for ODIs

    1. shehzad
    2. kamran
    3. hafeez
    4. Babar
    5. Malik
    6. Sarfraz
    7. Imad
    8. Shadab - only new addition
    9. Hasan Ali
    10. Amir
    11. Junaid/Wahab riaz


    Hail Inzi, MA, SA


  39. #39
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    31,469
    Mentioned
    2378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Good to see some new faces. Especially Shadab in both squads.

    I guess Shehzad's and Kami's selection was expected after how they performed in the PSL.

    Not too sure about Hafeez though...


    "And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

  40. #40
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    31,469
    Mentioned
    2378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Also just noticed - Muhammad Nawaz has been dropped from the ODI squad?


    "And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    17,019
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    very good squads
    T20 squad is looking really well balanced. would be better if Sohail Khan in place of Wahab or Junaid . but i think he has failed fitness


    New Era of Team Pakistan

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    101,982
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wow a top 3 of Kami, Hafeez and Shehzhad.. good to see pakistan aiming to go even more backwards in LOI cricket

  43. #43
    Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    463
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant just expect to hav a whole new team..... 5 uncapped players mean very much...... hafeez is someone who just cant be there, atleast others hav scored in domestic anf psl but this guy is pathetic just didn't deserve even to be in d camp...... its is very hard to believe that azhar has been dropped....... he has a way better strike rate and avg than dat of ahmed shahzad....... "if it wasnt azhar it never should hav been shahzad".... it also looks hard dat fakhar would get chance as an opener..... he surely should open having him in middle order can't help..... if hafeez gets into the playing X1 the whole batting order will become messy.... sarfaraz has to bat at 4 come wat may.... just cant hav him at lower than 4......
    great to see shadab and fahim and shinny as well....... GI HAFEEZ GO.....

  44. #44
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,201
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The only modern day LOI batsmen are:

    1. Kamran Akmal

    2. Babar Azam (IF he plays fast! Doesn't always)



    HOW THE HELL are you going to win series against any half decent side? LET ALONE WINNING CT or WC!

    Trust me, this team is WORST than Bangladesh's ODI team:

    Shehzad
    Malik
    Hafeez
    Sarfraz

    Accumulators XI.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,768
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Good to see some new faces. Especially Shadab in both squads.

    I guess Shehzad's and Kami's selection was expected after how they performed in the PSL.

    Not too sure about Hafeez though...
    Yeah thanks god some one is happy people are complaining way to much

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,078
    Mentioned
    835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you Inzi for the revolution. Selected a team that would have been outdated in 2013 let alone present day.


  47. #47
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to say this but now that Kamran Akmal is in the side, we should let Kamran keep wickets and relieve Sarfraz of that workload given he is the captain of the side now. Sarfraz should just focus on his captaincy and batting. Also there has been no indication as to Sarfraz being the better keeper than Kamran. I think both are equally bad so why put the extra pressure of keeping on Sarfraz.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,078
    Mentioned
    835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So 34 year old Asif Zakir is the only new middle order batsman selected over the likes of Saad Ali and Hussain Talat.

    Thank you Inzi

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    3,831
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Bassim View Post
    Hafeez

    Kamran

    Shehzad

    Malik




    Pakistan is on the right path to prosperity according to some.

    I won't even mention the other Akmal as everyone knows he is inconsequentially a nobody at number 6.
    Depressing isn't it.

    Insane inclusions.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    7,698
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some good inclusions like Asghar and Shadab but complimented with failed dross.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    3,812
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The only modern day LOI batsmen are:

    1. Kamran Akmal

    2. Babar Azam (IF he plays fast! Doesn't EVER!!!!)
    Corrected for you.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    574
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hafeez
    Shehzad
    Akmal
    Malik
    Azam
    Sarfraz

    On paper it may look like we're heading backwards but Shehzad, Babar and Sarfraz are your mainstays of batting over the next 6-7 years. Shehzad and Babar are young and Sarfraz is only 30. Malik is a smart player who has the ability to adapt to any situation. I quite like the guy. He's probably the only batsman in that list of 6 who can amp it up when needed and defend also when needed. Combined with this utility as a fielder and bowler, he's incredibly useful to us. We cannot blind ourselves to his importance to the team.

    The only two guys who can be moved on are Kamran and Hafeez. But Kamran has deserved his recall fully and Hafeez too now can bowl which gives our attack a good balance. Plus you can't induct 6 fresh faces at once. It's good to see Fakhar Zaman in there and hopefully he'll get to play amongst the senior players and bed in slowly and gradually.

    I don't have any qualms about the team selected.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    994
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan back to the Tuk Tuk batting mode once again.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    22,453
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back these guys to score against a crap WI only to fail when it comes to the Champions Trophy. Especially Shehzad and Hafeez who always bottle it against big teams in world tournaments.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    5,634
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by syed1 View Post
    so 34 year old asif zakir is the only new middle order batsman selected over the likes of saad ali and hussain talat.

    Thank you inzi
    potw

  56. #56
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    463
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the people who are statisfied with this squad realise what will happen when we have a top 4 of kamran, Shezad and Hafeez. OMG dont even wanna think about it

  57. #57
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    2,031
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    So where are the people; Who were saying Sarfaraz Ahmed would select Anwar Ali and Asad sahfi and so on.... this is a big slap on their faces lol

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    12,886
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    - No justification for Hafeez's selection but then Misbah will be captaining test side.
    - Kami has forced selector (by his consistent top performances) to include him.
    - Babur Azam is not suited for T20 he plays maiden overs in power play.


    Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,791
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Inzi needs to be kicked out!!! Even Haroon or Moin was far better selector than him. Guy does not have understanding about team's right combination proves being good player does not mean a good coach/selector.
    Micky also needs to stop over acting in front of camera if he is happy with failures like Kamran, Hafeez, Nawaz and Shehzad.Never like Azhar in ODI but seeing these failure its a total unjust to him. Asif Zakir got selected then why not bring Misbah as well.

  60. #60
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,305
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar , Jr Akmal and Shafique rightfully dropped from both squads.

    Ahmed Shehzad
    K.Akmal
    Babar Azam
    Sarfaraz Ahmed
    Shoaib Malik
    M.Hafeez
    Shadab Khan
    Imad Waseem
    Hasan Ali
    Wahab / Shinwari / Asghar
    Amir / Raees.

  61. #61
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,305
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir jibran View Post
    Lahore-March 15, 2017:
    The National Selection Committee headed by Inzamam ul Haq after consultation with head coach Mickey Arthur and captain ODI and T-20 Sarfraz Ahmed, has announced the squads for the T-20 and ODI series for West Indies tour. Pakistan Team will play 4 T-20I and 3 ODIs against West Indies.



    T-20 Squad

    1. Ahmad Shehzad

    2. Kamran Akmal

    3. Muhammad Hafeez

    4. Baber Azam

    5. Shoaib Malik

    6. Fakhar Zaman

    7. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK

    8. Immad Wasim

    9. Shadab Khan

    10. Muhammad Nawaz

    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Sohail Tanvir

    13. Wahab Riaz

    14. Rumman Raees

    15. Usman Khan Shinwari



    ODI Squad
    1. Ahmad Shehzad

    2. Kamran Akmal

    3. Muhammad Hafeez

    4. Baber Azam

    5. Shoaib Malik

    6. Fakhar Zaman

    7. Asif Zakir

    8. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK

    9. Immad Wasim

    10. Shadab Khan

    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Wahab Riaz

    13. Muhammad Amir

    14. Fahim Ashraf

    15. Junaid Khan

    16. Muhammad Asghar

    Schedule
    T20s


    · March 26 1st T20 Kensington Oval

    · March 30 2nd T20 Queen’s Park Oval

    · April 1 3rd T20 Queen’s Park Oval

    · April 2 4th T20 Queen’s Park Oval



    ODI

    · April 7 1st ODI Guyana National Stadium

    · April 9 2nd ODI Guyana National Stadium

    · April 11 3rd ODI Guyana National Stadium
    No vice captain???

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    3,456
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    They must have no faith in the young batters.

    How do you expect them to develop when they don't get international cricket? You can't expect them to slot in as a 40+ avg player straight away, this is rare.

    I would be happy to lose for a few series if it means we can groom young batters who can give us 10 years of continuous service.

    Picking these oldies means we will have the same problem 12 months from now. Just accept Misbah and selectors have failed us and commit to 12 months of defeats to groom a new batch.

    Whats the point of winning against weak teams and crashing and burning with these TTFs in ICC tourneys?

    We give chances to young bowlers, why cant we do the same with our batters??

  63. #63
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    6,791
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We will loose both series with these oldies. Thank you Inzi

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,078
    Mentioned
    835 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think we are heading towards a 2013 like debacle in the CT and only then we will get rid of all these TTFs.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  65. #65
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is incredibily depressing

    I get asif Zakir being included, but if you include him there is even greater justification for talat, but i get seniority still rules in Pakistan

    no Sohail Khan is ridiculous, if fitness is the issue why Sohail sobers here ?

    Professor's inclusion is insane , easily the worst

    As @Syed1 said, looks like a repeat of ct 2013, these ttfs will each score an innings against WI to secure themselves


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  66. #66
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    7,083
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asif Zakir is an extremely elegant batsman. I've seen him bat once in t20 tournament and looked very classy. Also very solid List A record.

  67. #67
    Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be my 11 from the squad:

    1. Shehzad
    2. Akmal
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Fakhar Zaman
    5. Malik
    6. Sarfaraz
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Wahab Riaz
    10. Hassan Ali
    11. Rumman Raees

  68. #68
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    1,305
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat_Track_Bully View Post
    They must have no faith in the young batters.

    How do you expect them to develop when they don't get international cricket? You can't expect them to slot in as a 40+ avg player straight away, this is rare.

    I would be happy to lose for a few series if it means we can groom young batters who can give us 10 years of continuous service.

    Picking these oldies means we will have the same problem 12 months from now. Just accept Misbah and selectors have failed us and commit to 12 months of defeats to groom a new batch.

    Whats the point of winning against weak teams and crashing and burning with these TTFs in ICC tourneys?

    We give chances to young bowlers, why cant we do the same with our batters??
    Could you please tell me the name of these young batters and their performances in the last 15 List A and T20 matches kindly..

  69. #69
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    top five will have hafeez akmal and malik.

    Pakistans concept of modern cricket.
    inzi has been awful

    Akmal i get, Malik has been good overall since his latest comback, but professor's selection is a travesty


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    Could you please tell me the name of these young batters and their performances in the last 15 List A and T20 matches kindly..
    Hussain Talat, had a better list a season then Zakir, impressed in what chances he got at PSL.

    The only reason he hasnt been selected is because he is to young and we cant have that

    Plus this isnt having a go at Zakir, he also merited selection but he needs to deliver given his age.Its professor who shouldnt be going


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  71. #71
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Asif Zakir is an extremely elegant batsman. I've seen him bat once in t20 tournament and looked very classy. Also very solid List A record.
    can he bat 6 ? just doing some research on him he seems like another player who needs time

    we have basically put the onus for our later order hitting on Shadab, which is unfair on him


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  72. #72
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Shehzad
    Akmal
    Babar
    Hafeez
    Malik
    Sarfraz
    Imad
    Shadab
    Amir
    Hassan
    Wahab

    I think that will be our starting 11 in odis.
    that is so depressing


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    23,725
    Mentioned
    7038 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    can he bat 6 ? just doing some research on him he seems like another player who needs time

    we have basically put the onus for our later order hitting on Shadab, which is unfair on him
    Is Fahim Ashraf any good when it comes to hitting?

  74. #74
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    111
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir jibran View Post
    Lahore-March 15, 2017:
    The National Selection Committee headed by Inzamam ul Haq after consultation with head coach Mickey Arthur and captain ODI and T-20 Sarfraz Ahmed, has announced the squads for the T-20 and ODI series for West Indies tour. Pakistan Team will play 4 T-20I and 3 ODIs against West Indies.



    T-20 Squad

    1. Ahmad Shehzad

    2. Kamran Akmal

    3. Muhammad Hafeez

    4. Baber Azam

    5. Shoaib Malik

    6. Fakhar Zaman

    7. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK

    8. Immad Wasim

    9. Shadab Khan

    10. Muhammad Nawaz

    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Sohail Tanvir

    13. Wahab Riaz

    14. Rumman Raees

    15. Usman Khan Shinwari



    ODI Squad
    1. Ahmad Shehzad

    2. Kamran Akmal

    3. Muhammad Hafeez

    4. Baber Azam

    5. Shoaib Malik

    6. Fakhar Zaman

    7. Asif Zakir

    8. Sarfraz Ahmad - Captain / WK

    9. Immad Wasim

    10. Shadab Khan

    11. Hassan Ali

    12. Wahab Riaz

    13. Muhammad Amir

    14. Fahim Ashraf

    15. Junaid Khan

    16. Muhammad Asghar
    T20 Squad:

    Pros:
    Shadab, Shinwari and Zaman called up
    Umar Akmal dropped

    Cons:
    Hafeez and Kamran Akmal called up
    Talat, Yamin and one of Usama Mir/Asghar not called up


    ODI Squad:

    Pros:
    Zaman, Faheem Ashraf, Aghar, Shadab and Zakir called up. Zakir might be 33ish but still deserves his chance based on very solid domestic numbers.
    Umar Akmal not called up

    Cons:
    Hafeez and Kamran Akmal called up
    Talat, Usama Mir and Saad Ali not called up

    Moreover would have liked to see Wahab dropped from the ODI's as I feel it's his least effective format. Could have termed it a rest if needed. Would have preferred a fresher face instead like Abbas, Sadaf or Atif Jabbar.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Is Fahim Ashraf any good when it comes to hitting?
    not what from what i have seen, infact he reminds of rizwan in that he gets into positions where he cant free his arms.

    maybe he has improved but honestly i think Amad butt is a better batsman let alone Hammad


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    1,504
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic selection. A TTF like Hafeez , Wahab in both formats This should remove all doubts Inzamam is no different than previous selectors.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    19,259
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    apparently they want to send Saad and Talat to the under 23 tour of Bangladesh instead


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    13,201
    Mentioned
    603 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamer View Post
    This would be my 11 from the squad:

    1. Shehzad
    2. Akmal
    3. Babar Azam
    4. Fakhar Zaman
    5. Malik
    6. Sarfaraz
    7. Shadab Khan
    8. Imad Wasim
    9. Wahab Riaz
    10. Hassan Ali
    11. Rumman Raees
    Dude, somehow you've put up a decent XI out of the depressing names we have.

    GRAVE issues:

    Ahmed Shehzad, Wahab Riaz, and NO late order hitter. Imad Wasim' can't.

    So, I'd replace Shehzad with Asif Zakir, and we have a pretty solid lineup.

    FACT:

    Your XI will NEVER be played by Mickey Arthur! He likes them old, e.g. Malik and Hafeez.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    1,504
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sohail tanvir after failing fitness test is selected the most pathetic bowler ever. This is our preparation for Champions Trophy TTF hafeez, wahab, malik? Pak team deserve to be at the bottom. A culture of sifaarish and nepotism basically no matter how bad you perform if you've sifaarish you will be selected. Ruman and Shinwari should have been there in one day team.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    24,884
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Mixed bag.

    Kamran and Shehzad are only there thanks to the two nitwits who decided to get themselves involved with a bookmaker. Sharjeel and Latif could have been our nailed on LOI openers at least until the next World Cup. I suppose a case can be made for both given their domestic form, but we know how this story ends when they face international attacks.

    However what's the justification for selecting Hafeez who hasn't shown ANY form either domestically or internationally ? We don't need his off-spin given we already have Imad and Shadab along with other spin options.

    Junaid Khan can also count himself lucky given the thrashings he received in the domestic one day tournaments and the PSL. There is no justification for Junaid's or Tanvir's inclusion, and Sohail Khan's exclusion - the latter being the bowler of the PSL.

    On the plus side, we have Rumman Raees, Usman Shinwari, Fakhar Zaman, Fahim Ashraf and Mohammad Asghar included so its nonsense to say there are no youngsters selected at all. Asif Zakir's domestic form has been rewarded so no complaints there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •