User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Shahzaib Hasan to challenge challenge PCB’s PSL spot-fixing charge against him [Update Post #69]

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Very sad to see above. This is what the poor guy is having to deal with after being a whistle-blower.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So shahzaib was the one who spilled the beans in this whole scene??
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th March 2017 at 15:20.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THIS. THIS. AND THIS. People were so quick to blame Sharjeel and Khalid Latif and whosoever they got the chance to for not reporting any approaches. The fact is, we don't live in the West. After playing cricket in UAE or wherever they are, they come back home. Home to reality, the reality that is PAKISTAN. Pakistan is plagued with all sorts of problems including this. I would rather do jail time for something I have not even done instead of disclosing the names of the bookies and getting my family and myself in danger. They surely weighed the opportunity cost. Tough world. Everything isn't as easy as it sounds on paper. The world is not simply black and white. How sad. Hope Shahzaib Hasan and his young family are safe.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    What do you mean, he did the right thing

Honestly if he has done nothing wrong then his treatment is travesty, he should be on a plane to the Caribbean
    Last edited by MenInG; 15th March 2017 at 15:20.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    What do you mean rat, he did the right thing

Honestly if he has done nothing wrong then his treatment is travesty, he should be on a plane to the Caribbean
    Exactly. He's much better than the pathetic Hafeez anyway.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    Exactly. He's much better than the pathetic Hafeez anyway.
    That and he is the only other opener in pak apart from sharjeel who strikes at over a 100 but still has a good average. Has improved his fitness as well . I wanted him when sharjeel was still a round, I reckon now he is essential, instead he is stuck in this mess where after all this questioning the only thing that's come out is that he is the whistle blower

Ridiculous, why would any player want to be a whistleblower now

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Appalling, we often talk on here about the importance of whistleblowing when it comes to fixing but we shouldn't forget the serious consequences and threats that are levelled against those who dare raise their head above the parapet.

Shahzaib and his family should be given maximum security and protection, and deserves the utmost thanks for doing the right thing despite the personal cost to him.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports_Psychologist View Post
    @MenInG thanks for editing I realized after a while that the wording I used was wrong...

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExpressPacer View Post
    THIS. THIS. AND THIS. People were so quick to blame Sharjeel and Khalid Latif and whosoever they got the chance to for not reporting any approaches. The fact is, we don't live in the West. After playing cricket in UAE or wherever they are, they come back home. Home to reality, the reality that is PAKISTAN. Pakistan is plagued with all sorts of problems including this. I would rather do jail time for something I have not even done instead of disclosing the names of the bookies and getting my family and myself in danger. They surely weighed the opportunity cost. Tough world. Everything isn't as easy as it sounds on paper. The world is not simply black and white. How sad. Hope Shahzaib Hasan and his young family are safe.
    Thats a wrong way to look at things. So one should do whatever the criminals ask of them?

I know we dont live in an ideal world but not reporting crimes is the worst thing. You are part of the problem if you dont report such things. This way the criminals get encouraged. Next the bookies would threaten their familes and ask them to fix international matches. Cricket is a small part of a wider scenario. You cannot choose to live in fear or these monsters will keep exploiting you in one way or the other.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor guy.

I remember Shoaib Akhtar said in his book that players who fix are usually threatened with consequences if they refuse to do so.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    at ma crib
    Runs
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These bookies should be traced and sent into the darkest pits of hell.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what players here have to go through , can pcb or acu make sure that the playwrs remain safe once they report the approach?

I wish dearly that sharjeel and co are innocent and play for pakistan again.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what will Sethi and SK do now? Can they now also provide full security to the players.

Now its time to talk and take action to get the real persons behind bars.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the bigger criminals are the selectors, hafeez, sohail tanvir , akmals, malik, the same guys who are always selected and get nice contracts.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't blv anything these guys say

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    SW Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when you are threatened with you familys welfare, and you still stand your groung to do the right thing, what exactly can/will the PCB/ACU do to protect you from any harm, ACU has no real jurisdictions in Pk regards law enforcement, and i doubt very much the PCB has regrds pushing law enforcment . unless im wrong

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misia View Post
    when you are threatened with you familys welfare, and you still stand your groung to do the right thing, what exactly can/will the PCB/ACU do to protect you from any harm, ACU has no real jurisdictions in Pk regards law enforcement, and i doubt very much the PCB has regrds pushing law enforcment . unless im wrong
    Sounds pretty convenient...

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That and he is the only other opener in pak apart from sharjeel who strikes at over a 100 but still has a good average. Has improved his fitness as well . I wanted him when sharjeel was still a round, I reckon now he is essential, instead he is stuck in this mess where after all this questioning the only thing that's come out is that he is the whistle blower

Ridiculous, why would any player want to be a whistleblower now
    Exactly. I'm sure they forced him..

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Islamabad.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    Thats a wrong way to look at things. So one should do whatever the criminals ask of them?

I know we dont live in an ideal world but not reporting crimes is the worst thing. You are part of the problem if you dont report such things. This way the criminals get encouraged. Next the bookies would threaten their familes and ask them to fix international matches. Cricket is a small part of a wider scenario. You cannot choose to live in fear or these monsters will keep exploiting you in one way or the other.
    You see, this is the unfortunate reality. I'm not sure how many would do as you suggest. Most people would consider their family to be more important compared to a cricket match so I'm assuming if bookies do blackmail players to fix, 9 out of 10 players will fix. Its sad to know that as a fan but its the reality. We dont live in Utopia.

Also, in Western countries, such cricketers and their families would be provided with security if they take names of bookies. Never happening in Pakistan.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to Saj for reporting this matter, otherwise things would never be revealed to the public.

If you try to help the PCB like Shahzaib did by reporting his approach, they turn the tables on you and start to conspire against you and get you involved in this match fixing probe.

Let's just pray that Shahzaib gets justice and the truth prevails over the torture they have been putting him through in the past few days!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Abudhabi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is strange to hear that pak players are forced into matchfixing by black mailing from bookies.

I can understand once u r into it they can black mail them into submission but to say they force players to do fixing by threats is very very hard to accept

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a feeling that this PCB ACU is highly incompetent as well.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May Allah safeguard shahzaib. Great that he spoke out but he also needs as much support as possible. He also deserves a place in pak team as he's best strike rate modern player after sharjeel. Karachi kings didn't give him a chance and Pak doing the same.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These bookies should be traced and sent into the darkest pits of hell.
    Honestly, get a search party and destroy these hideous human beings.

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody wants the monsters to win like you said but if your family was being threatened then would you not want their safety first. I hope these bookies are caught and slapped but it affects cricketers families too

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Damn.

Stay safe, Shahzaib!

Hopefully he's fully cleared ASAP and Inzi (I know I'm expecting too much) selects him in the near future.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shazaib was the one who exposed all these guys?

My respect for Shazaib Hasan has increased!! If there is one guy who i would look up to after Misbah ul haq, it would be this guy!

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Very sad to see above. This is what the poor guy is having to deal with after being a whistle-blower.
    I posted a few days ago this may be exactly why players arent reporting offers made,

before we judge all the names incriminated we must know all the facts.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done Shazaib for exposing these cheats. Hopefully he is proven innocent and his family and himself are kept safe.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Respect.

Should be rewarded for it and given full protection.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Respect.

Should be rewarded for it and given full protection.
    and should be on the plane to the Caribbean tbh, performed well in the domestic one day cup.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure duress is a big factor in why most of our players end up in this vicious circle.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope immediate steps are taken to ensure the safety and security of his family.

Personally I feel that a whistleblower's name should never be exposed in the media. It puts him and his family at risk. It happens all around the world and therefore everywhere the identity of the whistleblower is kept secret.

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I hope immediate steps are taken to ensure the safety and security of his family.

Personally I feel that a whistleblower's name should never be exposed in the media. It puts him and his family at risk. It happens all around the world and therefore everywhere the identity of the whistleblower is kept secret.
    Correct, but unfortunately can't expect this level of intelligence and diligence from the crooks at the PCB. I'm looking at one person in particular.

Btw, guys have you seen the video of the little cute boy who went OFF on Najam Sethi because he couldn't get a PSL ticket? Had me and my family in splits.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    feel for Shahzaib

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This brings me back to wonder about wat was the story of Zulqernain Haider. Surely, there was some issue, he was spooked by some bookies. I don't think he is crazy like people say he was.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly It makes sense why a player wouldn't want to report an approach .Shahzaib reported and not only did he get threats, he was treated like a criminal by the PCB and majority of the media. On top of that he has been ignored for the WI tour despite being a deserving selection.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Some strange things happening with this PSL fixing.

Mudslinging, accusations and some cover ups.

More to come.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Some strange things happening with this PSL fixing.

Mudslinging, accusations and some cover ups.

More to come.
    come on saj u cant leave us in that suspense!!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    come on saj u cant leave us in that suspense!!
    At this stage don't think that all the names being mentioned are guilty.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Wait hang on a minute, if Shahzaib is whistleblowing, did he basically snitch on Sharjeel and Khalid saying that both these two fixed? I'm confused.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage don't think that all the names being mentioned are guilty.
    but some of the names not being mentioned maybe?!

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: The anti-corruption unit of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), after questioning on Wednesday Shahzaib Hasan for the second time, did not take any decision about the opener in the ongoing investigation into the Pakistan Super League spot-fixing scandal.

This was Shahzaib’s second hearing, which continued for around three and a half hours, in two days. Still, the anti-corruption unit could not decide whether to serve him a notice of charge in the PSL fixing probe.

Shahzaib, 27, appeared before the unit also on Tuesday and went through a four-hour long process of inquiry before being again summoned for Wednesday.

And on Wednesday, Shahzaib had to come twice for his hearing to PCB offices at the Gaddafi Stadium after Salman Naseer, a member of the anti-corruption unit, was not available when the right-handed batsman first came.

A PCB spokesman said that the anti-corruption unit had not made any decision on Shahzaib who might be called again on Thursday or he could also be served with the notice of charge.

The unit has already issued notices of charge to three cricketers — batsmen Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and paceman Mohammad Irfan — in the PSL spot-fixing inquiry.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 16th March 2017 at 19:27.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistani cricketer Shahzaib Hasan will appear before PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit on Thursday afternoon to record his statements regarding his alleged involvement in the recent spot fixing scandal, SAMAA reported.

Anti Corruption Unit of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has asked Hasan to disclose the names of the people he met during the second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL).

The batsman will appear before the unit at 03.30 pm Pakistan Standard Time (PST) and give his clarification on the situation.

Islamabad United's Sharjeel Khan and Karachi Kings' Shahzaib Hasan were banned from taking part in the second edition of PSL after being allegedly involved in a spot fixing scandal.

United bowler Mohammad Irfan also came in the limelight of the spot fixing scandal but was allowed to take part in the cricketing league.

PCB charged Irfan over his alleged involvement in spot-fixing during a recently held Twenty20 league on Tuesday and suspended the seven-foot pacer from all formats of the game.

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2017/03/...medium=twitter
    Last edited by MenInG; 16th March 2017 at 08:58.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drreddymd View Post
    It is strange to hear that pak players are forced into matchfixing by black mailing from bookies.

I can understand once u r into it they can black mail them into submission but to say they force players to do fixing by threats is very very hard to accept
    Spot on.. Bookmakers will never threaten a "clean" player. if you become involved in the mess then it is unfortunately part of the consequences. I think some of these uneducated players get involved thinking it is nothing but before you know it it gets spiraled out of control and you have no way out.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    LAHORE: Pakistani cricketer Shahzaib Hasan will appear before PCB's Anti-Corruption Unit on Thursday afternoon to record his statements regarding his alleged involvement in the recent spot fixing scandal, SAMAA reported.

Anti Corruption Unit of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has asked Hasan to disclose the names of the people he met during the second edition of Pakistan Super League (PSL).

The batsman will appear before the unit at 03.30 pm Pakistan Standard Time (PST) and give his clarification on the situation.

Islamabad United's Sharjeel Khan and Karachi Kings' Shahzaib Hasan were banned from taking part in the second edition of PSL after being allegedly involved in a spot fixing scandal.

United bowler Mohammad Irfan also came in the limelight of the spot fixing scandal but was allowed to take part in the cricketing league.

PCB charged Irfan over his alleged involvement in spot-fixing during a recently held Twenty20 league on Tuesday and suspended the seven-foot pacer from all formats of the game.

https://www.samaa.tv/sports/2017/03/...medium=twitter
    Poor aritlce. Shahzaib was never banner during PSL.

#1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    PCB issued a Notice of Charge to Shahzaib Hasan

Lahore March 17, 2017: “The Pakistan Cricket Board has today issued Shahzaib Hasan a Notice of Charge and provisionally suspended him with immediate effect from participating in all forms of cricket. Shahzaib has been charged with violations of Code Articles 2.1.4, 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 and now has 14 days to respond to the Notice of Charge.

PCB ACU’s investigations into corrupt practices will continue.”

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    PCB issued a Notice of Charge to Shahzaib Hasan

Lahore March 17, 2017: “The Pakistan Cricket Board has today issued Shahzaib Hasan a Notice of Charge and provisionally suspended him with immediate effect from participating in all forms of cricket. Shahzaib has been charged with violations of Code Articles 2.1.4, 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 and now has 14 days to respond to the Notice of Charge.

PCB ACU’s investigations into corrupt practices will continue.”
    What is happening

Don't save her
    She don't wanna be saved

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Think PCB going by the letter of the law.

This failure to report business is not being taken lightly, whatever the motive.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Wow another one bites the dust.

This is too sad.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's time to clean up the dirt...

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why he wasn't picked by kings and by pak in all these camps

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCB did not had enough proof back then against him? It just looks like they are recording everyone's statements and charging them whatever they can think about.

Wasn't he supposed to be a whistle blower?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    shahzaib was a whistle blower isnt it.. Didnt understand why was he handed charge notice

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aray bhai wth

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Way to go PCB, now you're getting innocents caught up in your witch hunt.
    I get it, you want to make an example of Latif and Khan, don't punish the messengers who told you what was going on.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PCB ko sharmindagi ke ilawa kutch na mile ga

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1321064/sh...fixing-scandal

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Friday issued a charge-sheet against opener Shahzaib Hasan and suspended him over allegations of spot-fixing during the Pakistan Super League (PSL) Twenty20 tournament, in a case that has so far ensnared four other current or former national stars.

The widening scandal threatens to take some of the sheen off the recently-completed PSL, which was hailed as a step towards restoring international cricket in the terror-hit country after the final in Lahore passed without incident.

According to a PCB press release, Hassan has been "provisionally suspended with immediate effect from participating in all forms of cricket".

The Karachi Kings player has been granted 14 days to respond to the notice of charge.

Hasan has been charged under the following provisions of the PCB Anti-Corruption Code:

2.1.4 Directly or indirectly soliciting, inducing, enticing, instructing, persuading, encouraging or intentionally facilitating any Participant to breach any of the foregoing provisions of this Article 2.1.

2.4.4 Failing to disclose to the PCB Vigilance and Security Department (without unnecessary delay) full details of any approaches or invitations received by the Participant to engage in Corrupt Conduct under this Anti-Corruption Code.

2.4.5 Failing or refusing to disclose to the PCB Vigilance and Security Department (without unnecessary delay) full details of any incident, fact, or matter that comes to the attention of a Participant that may evidence Corrupt Conduct under this Anti-Corruption Code by another Participant, including (without limitation) approaches or invitations that have been received by another Participant to engage in conduct that would amount to a breach of this Anti-Corruption Code.

"PCB ACU’s [anti-corruption unit] investigations into corrupt practices will continue,” said the press release.

The development in the spot-fixing scandal comes a day after the anti-corruption unit of the PCB questioned Shahzaib for three and a half hours during a hearing without being able to reach a decision whether to serve him a notice of charge.

The unit has already issued notices of charge to four cricketers — batsmen Nasir Jamshed, Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif and paceman Mohammad Irfan — in the PSL spot-fixing inquiry.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So depressing

few months ago i was imagining a sharjeel/shazaib opening pair, now they are both gone

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do people still trust PCB and it's ACU after this?

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Do people still trust PCB and it's ACU after this?
    Well things changed after Sharjeel and Khalid's testimony. They might have given new information about Hasan

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. --Mark Twain

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Well things changed after Sharjeel and Khalid's testimony. They might have given new information about Hasan
    And do they have proofs to back their testimony?

Shahzaib will be cleared soon.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Hope the PCB know what they are doing because at times it seems they haven't got a clue with this enquiry.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then you guys say we make theories. LOL

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the PCB know what they are doing because at times it seems they haven't got a clue with this enquiry.
    @Saj I think PCB has messed this one badly trying to be hero. Your thoughts?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Circus hai ya PCB?

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Discarded Pakistan batsman Shahzaib Hasan has decided to challenge the Pakistan Cricket Board’s charge against him relating to the spot-fixing scandal in the Pakistan Super League.

Shahzaib, who played in the 2009 World T20 Cup in England that Pakistan won, confirmed he would be filing a detailed reply to the notice issued to him through his lawyer.

The Karachi based batsman has been charged under different clauses of the anti-corruption code of the PCB with having contacts with bookmakers, trying to induce other players into spot-fixing and setting up meetings between players and bookies.

“I am innocent and I have done nothing wrong. I reported the offer made to me to the Board. I will fight this case,” he said.

Besides Shahzaib, two other Pakistan batsmen Sharjeel Khan and Khalid Latif have also decided to contest the charges laid out against them by the Board and the PCB has already formed a three-member tribunal to hear their cases.

The tribunal headed by a former judge of the Lahore High Court, Asghar Haider is yet to give a date for the hearing.

Sharjeel and Khalid have also been charged under different clauses of the anti-corruption code which deal with spot-fixing. Khalid is also charged with trying to incite other players into fixing.

Read more | Had Wasim Akram, Inzamam been hanged, there would’ve been no fixing: Abdul Qadir

As a result of the fall-out from the spot-fixing scandal in the PSL, the PCB has also suspended two other players Nasir Jamshed and pacer Muhammad Irfan.

The five players who are now suspended from all cricketing activities are said to have played a role one way or the other in the spot-fixing scandal in PSL.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/cricke...S0eghUdOK.html

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    chorley
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think shahzaib is innocent

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A month ago Shahzaib was cleared...now he's been suspended with immediate effect.

The circus that is the PCB, ladies and gentlemen

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ataullah View Post
    I think shahzaib is innocent
    I think Sharjeel and Latif also are.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Height of PCB's incompetence.

It looks like all three are innocent! Some have apparently failed to report the offer, and they did so probably because their families are threatened.

The one guy who DID report is being charged by the PCB.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

It looks like all three are innocent! Some have apparently failed to report the offer, and they did so probably because their families are threatened.

They have charged him by saying he was in contact with Nasir Jamshed on WhatsApp. LOL.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6764 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    I love how everyone's jumping to conclusions after reading a few snippets in the news.

I'm sure the people who've been working on this case 24/7 for the last month know more about what actually transpired than all of us.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the news is true that Shahzaib was the whistle blower that lead to the likes of Latif and Sharjeel being exposed. Do you really think they would be above lying to involve Shahzaib into this as well?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So depressing

few months ago i was imagining a sharjeel/shazaib opening pair, now they are both gone
    Will you please next imagine Hafeez/Junior opening pair.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as integrity and honesty is of out most importance, I do feel for Shahzaib, Sharjeel, Irfan and Khalid.

Not to drag any political debate; but corruption, disloyalty and fraud has become the norm in the society these four hail from. They see it everywhere. Add lack of education to hinder their conscience between right and wrong. PCB has outreached their resources to teach them about the culprit ways players are lured into the traps. But hey, it's just a T20 league match, let's enjoy and have fun. Little do they see is the nasty web that triangulates them into.

Just speechless.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

But sir only a month ago you were one of the main contributors to the thread regarding Imran's tweet of how Najam Sethi is incompetent to handle this matter and were thoroughly bashing Imran for his comments.

Now you are saying exactly that.

Atleast be consistent.

#doublefaced

Demons run when a good man goes to war

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the major issue for Shahzaib is that he only reported the approach after Sharjeel and Khalid were charged and not as soon as the approach was made. This is the only logic where he would get suspended. PCB is being quite ruthless but they need to conduct due diligence before charging the players like this.