Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Umar Akmal could not pass the fitness test although all other players passed it" : Inzamam-ul-Haq

Inzamam-ul-Haq speaking to the media:

"Fitness is very important as is the performance of every player for selection"

"Action will be taken against any player who disturbs the concentration or the focus of the team"

"We took action regarding lapses in discipline before and we will do it again as needed"

"Azhar Ali is a good player and it is not the case that he is not being considered but we want to give chances to younger players"

"It is possible that during the CT in England due to conditions there, we may give a chance to some senior players also"

"If we were talking about the West Indies team of decades ago, then I would agree that this would be a tough tour to try out youngsters"

"This tour will be a great time for our youngsters to learn"

"Umar Akmal could not pass the fitness test although all other players did pass that test"

"We cannot select all 31 players for the squad and we wanted to give a chance to some youngsters"

"We have always had 2 keepers in the squad and if needed during the upcoming series, Kamran can also do the job of a keeper"

"Kamran was the best keeper in PSL but his batting form is what we need to make use of"

"Even for a youngster to travel with the team and to share the dressing room with seniors is very useful experience"

"If you dont maintain fitness then you wont be included"

"Umar is an excellent player and we also needed him but even then we did not include him"

"We have rested Mohammad Amir as he has been constantly been playing since the tour of England"

"He is our main strike bowler and he needs rest; he is included in ODIs as those are important games for us in terms of World Cup qualification"

"If you see Asif Zakir, he has done very well in One Days and we want to select players who have been good in that format"

"Yasir Shah is our main bowler in Tests and we did consider him for One-Day format as well"

"Sohail Khan was not considered because we wish to give a chance to younger bowlers"

"We didnt discard anyone as we called most players to the camp but we must give chances to youngsters"

"We cannot invite 40-50 players to a 6 day camp as you cannot practice like that so we have to be selective"

"We will include youngsters who have performed well in FC in the Test camp"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More seniors in champions trphy? Dont we have already more than enough?

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is clearly more to the sohail khan story which I think will come out soon.

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    sohail is hard done . i think micky doesnt like him

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the comments are clueless and even contradictory.
    Has dropped sohail khan and azhar because wanted to try younger players but has selected kamran and tanvir in their places. Also selected a new 33 year old asif zakir.

Wants to try out youngsters for this tour but will go back to oldies in the CT

Fitness being a criteria is a joke when tanvir and kamran make the team. God knows how they managed to pass the tests.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jhoot. Inzamam what a shame!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    "Sohail Khan was not considered because we wish to give a chance to younger bowlers"

Instead the youngster Sohail Tanvir was selected..

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Clear that Mickey Arthur doesn't want their best LOI bowler in the team.

Why the hate, mickey?

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    606 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Guys, it's clear now that selecting Tanvir, Hafeez, Malik (seniors) is a policy of Mickey Arthur.

Hilarious how he used to say we want "aggressive" players in press conferences. But doesn't actually want to experiment.

Sohail Khan is a far better bowler+batsman in LOIs than Tanvir, yet his selection got blocked by Arthur. Who did he want instead? Sohail Tanvir.

Let's not blame everything on Inzi - who himself is clueless, but Mickey and Inzi share the same mindset.

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Tanvir only passed because you allowed him multiple tries.

Hate Inzi.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sick of hearing this .... I backed inzi and his selections a lot from the beginning but cant do that anymore.. he is now turned into just another selector like iqbal qasim... nothing different....Should stop listening to waqar, and his choices... his choice of captain Azhar ali is gone without making any significant improvement losing matches left,right and center....now Inzi showing his true colours, soon he will be gone too...

Kamran, Hafeez, Malik, Asif zakir(debutant given the debut chance at 33 , saad ali and talat avg more than him and youngsters)

Not sure who Inzi calls as youngster...

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanvir has a good record in the CPL and was the MVP last year. He should perform well on the WI tour.

Pakistani batsmen - An endangered species?

Debut
    Oct 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "It is possible that during the CT in England due to conditions there, we may give a chance to some senior players also" Is he planning to bring back Asad Shafiq, Azhar ali, tanvir and Umar gul back into ODIs removing fahim ,

looks like Inzi is planning to have this team

azhar shehzad hafeez asad shafiq malik sarfraz Imad Shadab, Amir , Tanvir, Gul

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So Azhar ALi replaced by a youngster... Kamran Akmal

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful that Umar failed his fitness test

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol what's the point, our cricket doesn't move forward cos we select people like Kamran. If he's a backup keeper then I'd understand but there's no way that he should play when Sarfraz is there. Best thing is making Sarfraz captain, he's a guy who can potentially win an ICC trophy and rightfully deserves one.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Yeah, Tanvir only passed because you allowed him multiple tries.

Hate Inzi.
    Akmal was given multiple chances as well, wasn't he?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those of you calling for Sohail Khan, you realise he's even more unfit than Umar "fatboy" Akmal himself?

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthestump View Post
    Those of you calling for Sohail Khan, you realise he's even more unfit than Umar "fatboy" Akmal himself?
    Sohail Khan passed the fitness test and Umar Akmal didn't. Is there something I don't know?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post

Instead the youngster Sohail Tanvir was selected..
    he is talking about 50 overs and they dropped rahat from the last selection n picked ashraf instead of sohail. who will get a look in becuase ct is in england and he can swing the ball with good control up front.
    hope that makes it clear for u

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can somebody please tell me the detail of how the fitnedd test is conducted.
    i want to test myself out

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emphasis on youngsters--------------------Misbah is retained, Hafeez is included, Zakir is a new "younster" at 33
    Best bowler of PSL---------------------------Not selected, no explanation.
    Umar Akmal discarded for lack of fitness------what about Sohail Tanvir ??

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Madison, Wi ,US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad is good I guess Akmal is better batsman than Azhar and probably saving Sohail for CT other than that I think Squad is good enough. Reason for selecting Tanvir is his CPL performances i dont see any other reason.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Akmal was given multiple chances as well, wasn't he?
    Yes which was also wrong.

Both Akmal and Tanvir shouldn't have been picked after they initially failed.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think PCB are being wise by not allowing the two brothers link up into the team. Kamran is on his last legs and will be leaving soon, Umar can wait his turn. The moment you put these two in the same team, they will cause problems like they usually had done so in the past

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soooooooooooo...I wonder if the guys who spent the last five years placing all the blame squarely on Misbah for selecting oldies and not playing youngsters want to reassess their opinions?

Keep on pursuing idiotic crusades against individuals and ignore the underlying problems with Pakistani cricket brehs.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    598 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    "It is possible that during the CT in England due to conditions there, we may give a chance to some senior players also"

Same senior players who have failed in such conditions time and time again over last decade! well done Inzi you are taking pakistani cricket backwards!

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post

Same senior players who have failed in such conditions time and time again over last decade! well done Inzi you are taking pakistani cricket backwards!
    Inzi's plan for CT Pak batting line uo

Kamran
    Azhar
    Hafeez
    Shoaib
    Shafiq

After 50 overs score would be 195/6. Other team will chase in less than 35 overs.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    So Mr Inzamam-ul-Haq, should you have been thrown out of the Pakistan team for being considerably fatter than Umar Akmal?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I would not like anyone to think that I am calling Inzamam a hypocrite, but.......

Last edited by Abdullah719; 16th March 2017 at 12:28.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    So Mr Inzamam-ul-Haq, should you have been thrown out of the Pakistan team for being considerably fatter than Umar Akmal?
    More then his fitness Umar lacks a work ethic and refuses to work hard, he literally walks out to the middle and swings the bat with his eyes closed and before we know it he is back in the pavilion and writing a eulogy about why it is everyone's fault but his

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    More then his fitness Umar lacks a work ethic and refuses to work hard, he literally walks out to the middle and swings the bat with his eyes closed and before we know it he is back in the pavilion and writing a eulogy about why it is everyone's fault but his
    Fair point, but you've got to love the picture I uploaded!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    I would not like anyone to think that I am calling Inzamam a hypocrite, but.......

Attachment 73231
    And Inzi was so good that his fitness didn't really matter because:

He was technically sound

Had a work ethic

Did not crumble under pressure

Was a hard Worker who may have had a big appetite but he had a bigger HEART

A genuine talent and Pakistani ATG batsman

For all these reasons he averaged almost 50 by the time his career had ended after 120 tests. It is an insult to mention any akmal in the same sentence as Inzi,

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Fair point, but you've got to love the picture I uploaded!
    They don't even allow us to eat such food during club games in the Birmingham league!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How dare you guys besmirch Inzi's good name.

He was an athlete par excellence

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totally loose respect of this guy. All talk about action and changes but at the end he is worse than his predecessors. Drop Akmal and Azhar (Rightly deserve) but than select 33(+2) years youngster Zakir, Kamran, Hafeez and total failure Shehzad.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand it if the seniors were some exceptional world class players who could win you games through their individual brilliance.

But here we're talking about mediocre players who, when the going gets tough, fail more often then not..

Like I said in a previous thread some months ago, I'd rather play youngsters and have to play qualifiers for the world cup then continue playing these TTF's.

The irony is that even by playing the TTF's there's still a good chance that we'll have to play qualifiers...

So really we have absolutely nothing to lose by picking all youngsters and everything to gain come the next worldcup by which time these youngsters would have gained some experience.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    The All You Can Axis Arena
    Runs
    Mentioned
    966 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal scored hundred in Patron's Trophy Grade II, scored 140 runs from Candyland against Hyderi Traders.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    so who would you guys have in the team instead if the "seniors" I hear alot of whingeing but no one seems to offer credible alternatives. I dont agree with Kami coming back but blame sharjeel and khalid for that. Kamran was third or fourth on the list..what would you do if your main opener gets kicked out and then his potential backup also gets kicked out? you go for your reluctant third or fourth choice..as for sohail khan, oh cmon guys he's brainless in ODI's, and he doesnt seem to follow instructions..MA says one thing khan sahib does something else!

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    so who would you guys have in the team instead if the "seniors" I hear alot of whingeing but no one seems to offer credible alternatives. I dont agree with Kami coming back but blame sharjeel and khalid for that. Kamran was third or fourth on the list..what would you do if your main opener gets kicked out and then his potential backup also gets kicked out? you go for your reluctant third or fourth choice..as for sohail khan, oh cmon guys he's brainless in ODI's, and he doesnt seem to follow instructions..MA says one thing khan sahib does something else!
    Sohail has played only one ODI under Arthur.... 1-34 against WI.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Disgrace of a player, What is he upto ??

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar has always been carrying to much weight. Reminds me of Inzi at his peak when people rightfully mocked him for being this and that.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Inzamam weighed in at 103.5kg in the early 2000s when his weight became an issue. I know BMI is imperfect as a measure but given Inzamam is 6ft 3, he is classed as overweight not obese like Umar Akmal - who weighs in at 91kg at 5ft 5 !

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Inzamam weighed in at 103.5kg in the early 2000s when his weight became an issue. I know BMI is imperfect as a measure but given Inzamam is 6ft 3, he is classed as overweight not obese like Umar Akmal - who weighs in at 91kg at 5ft 5 !
    Wow and I thought the bear was fat! he weighs about 95kg and stands at 6ft tall! Umar Akmal should burn his equipment in shame

Those numbers are hard to believe It has to be a mistake please tell me that was a typo!

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    His excuses are the best, he seriously blamed his weight gain on being necessary for power hitting didn't he

During tea in the Brum PL they should start serving us KFC and a @Big Mac

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Wow and I thought the bear was fat! he weighs about 95kg and stands at 6ft tall! Umar Akmal should burn his equipment in shame

Those numbers are hard to believe It has to be a mistake please tell me that was a typo!
    Yep, unfortunately it is true.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 16th March 2017 at 18:20.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lmao.. I'm 5'11" and weigh 80 kg and all I do is go to the gym 2/3 times a week for the last 3 years or so.

This guy's fulltime job is dependent on his fitness and still his BMI is in the obese category

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Lmao.. I'm 5'11" and weigh 80 kg and all I do is go to the gym 2/3 times a week for the last 3 years or so.

This guy's fulltime job is dependent on his fitness and still his BMI is in the obese category
    I was just thinking the same, he is a professional athlete lol

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post

I think some of you are underestimating the level of nourishment required for Umar to hone his power-hitting abilities.
    Obviously, he's realised that as he grows larger, so will the sixes he hits.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!