Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I'm sure there's more to U. Akmal being dropped - surely fitness can't be the reason" : Salman Butt

Salman Butt speaking on TV:

"You cannot judge fitness of all players in one way; all humans are different"

"Main thing is that your skill is there then the fitness can be worked upon"

"But if you have told players about fitness and still doesnt keep fit then you are within your rights to discard"

"90% of the teams in domestic do not have the budget to have trainers or facilities"

"All top players in the world all play proper cricketing shots"

"Look at Saeed Anwar he was not well built but he had timing"

"You can have six or eight pack but if you dont have skills you cannot become a good cricketer; maybe you can become a model"

"Must have been a miserable failure for Umar Akmal to have been discarded"

"You can give me a fitness test now and I will pass it"

"Imran Khan carried many cricketers just based on the fact that they could win the match regardless of fitness"

"I am sure there is something more to UA being dropped - surely fitness cannot be the reason"

"I am very hopeful as I have done rehab, I have played ODs and played T20s; I played all 4 Days"

"All I need is encouragement and a call and then the rest is upto me"

"I should be ready for whichever format as I dont have a choice"

"There is a fine line between keeness and desperation but I want to play for Pakistan only"

"Unless you have a player who can play 45 overs and get 100 and others can play around him, you wont be able to chase 300"

"Babar definitely has material to play such an anchor innings"

"If I was playing selfishly then why isnt anyone else playing that innings?"

"Misbah plays slow when 4 wickets are down but I was opening the innings so you cant compare"

"No one seems to remember my good strike rates but only talk about other times"

"The strike rates do not matter as long as you are winning games"

"I wish all who have been selected the best but if someone doesnt perform well then I could be in the team; there is no rocket science there"

"I have not stopped anyone to try new players instead of me! Same criteria needs to be applied to me for selection as anyone else"

"If I comeback after 6.5 years and become one of the top player in all three formats then what does that show for me?"

"My circumstances do not allow me to think negatively in terms of things against me"

"Now its a matter of selectors saying they need a player such as me and there is no other reason for that"

"I am very grateful to people that they still want me back in the team"

"This is a balanced side and looking at domestic performances the selected squad is a deserving one"

"Shadab is an exciting talent; given a little time he can become an outstanding all-rounder if given time"

"My cricketing sense says that Shadab will be very unlucky if he doesnt establish himself in Pak team"

"Mohammad Asghar: A spinner cannot be solely judged on UAE tracks is not enough"

"Australia rested their big bowlers during series so fast-bowlers should be rested"

"You cannot compare the physique of Wasim Akram with current bowlers so its good to rest ours"

"You should not make inform players wait outside instead of making use of their form"

"It is a surprise that the top wicket taker on UAE tracks has not been selected but Sohail is good enough"

"It is not about relationships but about being match-winners when it comes to selection"

"Pitches in domestic cricket need to allow 300 to be scored and chased for our cricket to develop"

"Due to moisture all teams that win tosses simply bowl first"

"Our objective is to win games for Pakistan; We made mistakes and repented and asked for forgiveness; This is the type of things women talk about at home, professionals dont talk like that"

"Mohammad Amir is a natural talent and we must encourage him"

"Cricket boards can advise players on corruption but who can stop the outside people (bookies)?"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. I get it now what is "sour grapes" meant.

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    agree on all points.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal is not Inzi though...

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all." --Aristotle

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just cant stand this guy . just comes across all wrong with little signs of true remorse.

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Yes it is a grand conspiracy against a master batsman who has set the world alight in the last 3-4 years with his breathtaking performances.

He has been dropped because he is unfit and rubbish. period.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Montreal, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    lol mate, Umar Akmal is FAT. Simple as that. He was given two chances to prove his fitness, and failed both.

Pakistan is that kid who never studies for his exams but is surprised when he fails.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belawal2014 View Post
    lol mate, Umar Akmal is FAT. Simple as that. He was given two chances to prove his fitness, and failed both.
    Your signature line was never better stated.

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UA did not even make an impact in BPL or PSL. How do you expect UA to make an impact at international level. Even though I am not in favor of picking Kamran Akmal or A.Shehzad, but at least these guys performed well in domestics and PSL. UA on the other hand.....

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do these guys even take his opinion? From spot fixer to conspiracy theorist. All I'll say is Baaz Aajao Butt saheb.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he's right, there more to Umar Akmal being dropped than just fitness

he doesn't perform!

'I was shivering facing Akhtar' -Tendulkar

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitness is just an excuse Sohail tanvir is worse in fitness.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster777 View Post
    Fitness is just an excuse Sohail tanvir is worse in fitness.
    He passed the fitness test, Umar didn't.

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal is an unfit cricket who would trot to early double figures before hoicking to midwicket in an ugly fashion. No way should he be playing ODI's.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why is butt saab saying stupid stuff like this!
    what a *****. keep ur head low and work ur butt off

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    He passed the fitness test, Umar didn't.
    Yeah right! we know how credible these "fitness tests" are
    Last edited by Speedster777; 16th March 2017 at 03:03.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    784 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Do you? Do you work with the Pakistan team? Are you an expert?

No right? Then you don't know. You are just an armchair "expert", that's all.

2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    I don't want Salman Butt back.

But his entire analysis is spot on. It's a brilliant analysis.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In Imran Khan's time teams could and did carry unfit players now days with the professional players being real professionals fitness means a difference of 20-30 runs in the field. A batsman can bat 50 overs without loosing steam in the last overs when required to hit.
    Our players are competitive in low scoring games only as our players are not fit enough or fast enough to cut the angles that other teams fielders are able to. One of the reasons we need to go for harder shots and tougher angles to score boundaries. Indian fast bowlers now days have a great fielding side to support their bowling even if one on one our fast bowlers might be better but Indian bowlers with the better fielding are more effective.

"Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"-JFK

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1049 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    I don't want Salman Butt back.

But his entire analysis is spot on. It's a brilliant analysis.
    'Course it is mate...

#MPGA

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    'Course it is mate...
    Umar Akmal was dropped from the Test team as a thin 21 year old with an excellent record entirely assembled outside Asia.

He is the never ending punchbag, the scapegoat for everything. And he is the scapegoat because he is uneducated but is not deferential to inferior but preferred players who are posher than he is.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant analysis??? Really?

"The strike rates do not matter as long as you are winning games"

Well that is true in the cases when you are winning games but 90% of the team you won't win games when your SR is in the 70s. In today's cricket it works the other way round Butt sahab.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game has moved on to such an extent that it has become about fine margins. Fitness is one of them. Spectacular bits of fielding can change a game. Stamina can make sure someone goes on to make a huge hundred, instead of 100 and out.

It matters, and unless there is a once in a lifetime talent that is worth bending the rules for, then you have to keep the rules in place.

Umar Akmal is no once in a lifetime talent. He does not work hard enough. How is anyone else motivated to gove their 100% to the team, when someone like Umar keeps getting selected. We have to change the culture of the team, and make sure that everyone is contributing to their max all the time. At the moment, its not happening.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Main thing is that your skill is there then the fitness can be worked upon"
    So what was stopping Junior from working on his fitness?

"But if you have told players about fitness and still doesnt keep fit then you are within your rights to discard"

"Must have been a miserable failure for Umar Akmal to have been discarded"
    The Umar Akmal defenders should pay particular attention to these two quotes.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes Sarfraz is scared that Umar with his Viv esque batting style and Bradman esque average will show him up and usurp the captaincy from him.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid87 View Post
    Umar Akmal is no once in a lifetime talent. He does not work hard enough.
    Actually, he is.

In my lifetime he and Javed Miandad are the only two Pakistani youngsters to immediately succeed in Test cricket outside Asia.

Inzamam didn't. Younis didn't. Yousuf didn't. Babar Azam didn't. Saeed Anwar didn't.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Actually, he is.

In my lifetime he and Javed Miandad are the only two Pakistani youngsters to immediately succeed in Test cricket outside Asia.

Inzamam didn't. Younis didn't. Yousuf didn't. Babar Azam didn't. Saeed Anwar didn't.
    He does not have what it takes between his ears.

He has shown no sign of improving either, despite being given ample chances.

No point persevering with him.

If he was dedicated, hard working, and scoring the runs, then maybe you could let his fitness slide. Unfortunately he is doing none of those things.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Scot-la-la-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Butt talks a lot....

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hate this guy, you can see he is already trying to divide the team and play politics

Butt has been conceited and in denial from day one . He is sorry that he got caught not sorry for what he did

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal comes across as one of those guys who thinks he has all the talent in the world and therefore is exempt from any training or fitness practice. good on the PCB for taking a hard line stance, these boys need to be whipped into shape.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He has been dropped because of his awful fitness. Junaids and Salman Butt need to accept reality

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more irritated by the fact that some idiot gave this traitor a mic. he has nothing useful to add, is disgraced and is irrelevant - what is the purpose of interviewing him other than to spur controversy? its this kind of social normalisation which neutralises the deterrents of punishments for the crimes he was convicted for.

with any luck, we will never see him play for pakistan, or see his face in the media again.

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Venue
    Great Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Only 1 Akmal allow at a time in Pakistani team....

Hey Jazba Junoon to himat na haar.......

Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what the fitness test consists of.

Umar Akmal has looked overweight since at least the Australian tour. And out of form. But hard to see him being the least fit out of 30-odd cricketers with his ground fielding being better than most Pak players, even when fat looking.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Salman Butt has pobably been told that he is not selected and he knows that the Ship has sailed on his Career. A Player with potential to be selected and someone as savvy as Salman won't speak like this

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJames View Post
    Salman Butt has pobably been told that he is not selected and he knows that the Ship has sailed on his Career. A Player with potential to be selected and someone as savvy as Salman won't speak like this
    i pray i r right, though i cant be sure

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    877 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is this guy even given airtime?

Get lost Butt.. we don't care what you think. Also, your international career is over and you are never going to play in the PSL either. Go play some gully mohallah cricket, that is your level anyway.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Credible or not, Umar failed; Tanvir didn't. End of story.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    why is someone like Butt even given airtime.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was butt referring to when he said there is more to umer akmal being dropped.....is he referring to something fishy?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1369 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmiri_Pak_fan View Post
    What was butt referring to when he said there is more to umer akmal being dropped.....is he referring to something fishy?
    Salman Butt was one of Pakistan's two functioning Test batsmen in the period 2009-2010.

The only other one was Umar Akmal.

Mohammad Yousuf was a has-been, Misbah-ul-Haq wasn't good enough to retain his place, and Younis Khan was banned by Ijaz Butt.

So you can see why Butt feels that Umar Akmal should be in the team, because blatantly inferior batsmen to Umar Akmal - like Misbah-ul-Haq - are getting selected.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has been dropped both because of Fitness and form.He has been a failure on the international level.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hilarious that people think Junior is fine to play and this is some sort of conspiracy.

It's clear he is unfit, you don't even need to have a fitness camp you can clearly see it! The guy is a lazy cricketer with a bad attitude and quite rightly dropped. If he can work on his fitness and not be so lazy about it and if he does well in domestic cricket then call him back but up until then good ridiance!

Fitness is under rated in Pakistan they believe this thing called talent is the solution to everything, clearly not we are no longer in the 80's, 90'a and 00's the game has grown and moved on since then. The game is a lot more intense, we play a lot more matches, all the best players are fit and work hard on their fitness. The truth is A lot of Pakistani players are lazy and hence fitness isn't important to them. For those who don't understand being fit doesn't mean being built like a tank it means being having high fitness levels in stamina and strength with plenty of cardiovascular training.

I don't even understand why Butti over here gets all this attention. The guy fixed denied it in front of the world for years and swore on everything he didn't do it until he realised it was getting him no where and then he admits it and goes on how he never meant to do it and it was a mistake. It's only a mistake because he got caught. Keep this Person with zero credibility well away from the team