Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Australia have embarrassed Bradman of bowling.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith has been impressive , not pretty but impressive , he has fought quite well and has led his team - Kohli needs to step up , just talking wont fire his team , he is one of the best batsman out there and it's time he arrives to the party .
    Australia definitely would be happy at the end of day 1 , If Aus goes over 450 , I don't see India winning this then

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    This thread is a bit dead strangely for an India game, I suppose it is 10:30am. What a knock from Maxwell, the greatest innings of his life
    They're all watching petrified and cursing Smith. Watch them come out in droves if India come back in this game.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    They're all watching petrified and cursing Smith. Watch them come out in droves if India come back in this game.
    Really ? I wonder who is ? It's day 1 of a test with series tied 1-1 and you are making it sound like India is being pumelled by Australia 2-0 and is on a 19 game losing streak . Calm down lad , I know India doesn't lose much but we do give other teams a chance once in a while.

Smith played well ...4 more days to go in the Test and even if India loses this test - there's one more test to draw the series. It's good to enjoy a competitive game once in a while as well

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    So true, usually by this time an India match thread would be like at least 4 pages long

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Venue
    Gondor > The Shire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    So in wich country does runs scored by visitors mean something?
    Well India, England etc.

Because those teams prepare wickets to disadvantage opposition batsmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Saqs on Steve Smith
    And who taught him to bat? Chris Martin? Is he the Australian equivalent of ....wait, I'm struggling to think of another useless player of his calibre.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Khawaja is getting silent retribution from selectors

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Kohli has been ruled out of the 3rd test due to shoulder injury. India is in grave Dager now.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Finally a Good surface to test the skills of players, this should have been the trend of pitches right from the beginning of the tour. Good players will score and good bowlers will pick wickets, a fair and even contest is what every fan wants. Australia are in a good position at the end of day's play but that can change if the bowlers strike early, they have a very inexperienced lower order so we are not out of it yet. Ashwin is definitely feeling the pinch of a long and relentlessly gruelling season.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Looks like Kohli has been ruled out of the 3rd test due to shoulder injury. India is in grave Dager now.
    Great.

The low in confidence Indian batting order lost their best batsman. If he does not play, India will lose this.

Will be interesting to see how India plays without Kohli. They have been playing with no contribution from Kohli's bat so far in this series.
    Last edited by troodon; 16th March 2017 at 15:23.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by troodon View Post
    Great.

The low in confidence Indian batting order lost their best batsman. If he does not play, India will lose this.

Will be interesting to see how India plays without Kohli. They have been playing with no contribution from Kohli's bat so far in this series.

I don't think he has been ruled out yet, he isn't the 3rd best batsman in our team let alone be the best. You just mentioned that he had no contribution in this series yet, we have levelled the test series isn't that contradictory??

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spade View Post
    [/B]

I don't think he has been ruled out yet, he isn't the 3rd best batsman in our team let alone be the best. You just mentioned that he had no contribution in this series yet, we have levelled the test series isn't that contradictory??
    What I meant was that even though Kohli has hit a bad run, his presence is enough to put doubts in the opposition.
    Now Aus will be pumped up if Kohli is ruled out. That extra spring in the step will be enough to defeat India.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What I meant was that even though Kohli has hit a bad run, his presence is enough to put doubts in the opposition.
    Now Aus will be pumped up if Kohli is ruled out. That extra spring in the step will be enough to defeat India.
    If that's the mindset aussies carry in this test match, they will be massively underestimating India's strength, the better players have played themselves into some form in the last test and Vijay is also back so if anything we are looking far more secure than before and would love aussies to worry about someone who is yet to leave a mark in tests. If only abuses and fist pumping could win games he can still do it, can't he??

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Kohli being out certainly cannot be a good news for India - he is one of the best batsman we have plus being the captain and an aggressive player to match the Aussies , let's see how that plays out. Vijay/Rahane definitely need to come alive - they are quite overdue.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Kohli should be okay to bat

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...d-test-2355326

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sialkot
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I doubt Australia will go beyond 375 let alone 450

Maxwell should get out quickly tomorrow and now there's no Starc to give bonus runs
    Don't underestimate Cummins The Batsman. Good enough for a 25 Average in by 25 innings.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Can't even get Maxwell out of all people out in your own backyard.

Australia should look to bat until tea and take the game completely out of India's reach.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australians have played very well on the 1st day. I think the wicket has lot to do with it. They will score some 600 runs and let the Indians have a go during the last hour. They will have same problem as the Indians, because I am sure the Indians have seen enough of this wicket !!! What a contrast between the wickets of first two Tests and this one !!!! I root for all the Teams from the SC.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Can't even get Maxwell out of all people out in your own backyard.

Australia should look to bat until tea and take the game completely out of India's reach.
    So how a team plays whether in their backyard or anywhere else is measured by how early a team is able to get Maxwell out ? Not Starc or Lyon or maybe Woakes or Stokes but purely Maxwell only.......makes complete sense

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    So how a team plays whether in their backyard or anywhere else is measured by how early a team is able to get Maxwell out ? Not Starc or Lyon or maybe Woakes or Stokes but purely Maxwell only.......makes complete sense
    Why would you brag after getting Starc/Lyon/Woakes out?

Jal gayi lagta hai

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good knock from big show, showed excellent tempremeant which he hasn't always showed. If he can perform like this consistently I don't see why he can't have a good test career.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Why would you brag after getting Starc/Lyon/Woakes out?

Jal gayi lagta hai
    SirJi jali kiski yeh nahin pata par sarcasm shayad aap samajhte nahin. Chalo kabhi pakistan bhi khush hone ka mauka dega , kab tak India pe khush hote rahoge

I didn't understand your logic because you were using Maxwell as the yardstick for how a team is performing ? Why Maxwell , why not Starc - who's a real tailender or a bowler like Woakes or any other player ?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Springdale
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

India v Australia | 3rd Test | Ranchi | Mar 16-20, 2017 | Match Thread

Australia 299/4 (90.0 ov).

Why you wanna talk beef and tuck your chain after that?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maxi may cut loose after he scores the 100, going to be an interesting session, Need to restrict Aus to under 450

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Looks like this Test is heading for a draw. It'll need couple of mini collapse for any of these 2 sides to lose 20 wickets.

Virat might have to bat at 7 in both innings, which should cost IND something.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well played maxi century

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Fantastic knock from Maxwell.

Time for Wade and the tail to add 50 each and along with Smith, get as close to 500 as possible.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Aussies will need another 150 if they are to be absolute sure of avoiding defeat. They are scoring at 3.3 rate, which allows enough time to lose after 450 in 1st innings.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Steve Smith is quite under rated actually - he is a class above Root, Will & Kohli considering combined 3 formats.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia can easily reach 500 from here and they won't lose if they get to 500 anyhow.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should get them out under 450 from here.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    How has Rahane done as captain?

Quote Originally Posted by Convict View Post
    Don't worry bro. Your other thread allows for rain. Maybe it will save you?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Steve Smith is quite under rated actually - he is a class above Root, Will & Kohli considering combined 3 formats.
    He is a class or two above them in Tests.

Kohli is a lot better than him in the shorter formats.

Reading a lot of praise for Rahane, maybe Legendary Captain should be worried?
    Last edited by Aman; 17th March 2017 at 04:57.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its wrapping up quickly

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    lol is the ball really starting to turn just as India are about to bat?

They deserve this.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman View Post

And Smith has already contributed in winning his team World Cups by scoring three back to back fifties in knockouts with the semis one being a standout performance.

Avgs 60 in tests and has already won a world cup for his team.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    And Smith has already contributed in winning his team World Cups by scoring three back to back fifties in knockouts with the semis one being a standout performance.

Avgs 60 in tests and has already won a world cup for his team.
    Smith is a better ODI batsman than Kohli going by the whole "only WCs matter" narration over here. Of course, the goalposts keep shifting to protect the most overrated cricketer in the world.

Smith is the best test batsman in the world and a future ATG. Consider me on the bandwagon.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Ashwin who? All Jadeja baby.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How has Rahane done as captain?
    He's captaining well.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I think, Smith is extremely under rated in ODI - his last half of ODI career is as good as anyone. Aussies doesn't put same emphasis in LO bilateral, but his 3 innings in WC KO are 65, 105, 56*.

May be, slightly below or too close to call in ODI, but in Test he is far ahead.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, Smith is extremely under rated in ODI - his last half of ODI career is as good as anyone. Aussies doesn't put same emphasis in LO bilateral, but his 3 innings in WC KO are 65, 105, 56*.

May be, slightly below or too close to call in ODI, but in Test he is far ahead.
    Dont think it would matter much. Here on PP, posters do makr seperate cases of greatness for each formats. But simply on a whole, I think Smith is all set for becoming ATG. He avgs 60 in tests and has done well in all conditions and has 19 hundreds already and has already contributed to World Cup win for his team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He is underated in odis indeed

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Dont think it would matter much. Here on PP, posters do makr seperate cases of greatness for each formats. But simply on a whole, I think Smith is all set for becoming ATG. He avgs 60 in tests and has done well in all conditions and has 19 hundreds already and has already contributed to World Cup win for his team.
    Biggest critic of Smith from me is that he look almost ugly while batting. Effective indeed, but players like Sobers, Pollock, Viv or Chappels & the 5/6 in 90/00s were reputed not only because they scored lots of runs. Aesthetically, Smith is the most ugly ATG in making - even this kid Mosaddek debuting today looks far more stylish!!!!!!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Is this Ashwin's 3rd century of the Series?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jadeja is slowly turning out to be more value player for India than Ashwin (Maybe Ashwin's injury is affecting). If Jadeja was slightly more consistent with bat he would have been comfortably better than Ashwin (even Ashwin is not consistent with bat either anyways!) The comparison between them comes into picture because only one of them may get to play in overseas test matches with India now clear that they can't play with 5 bowlers with this inconsistent/fragile batting lineup!

If Ashwin slips like this, Jadeja and even some other spinners might be preferred in LOIs too (Jadeja's position is fixed though).

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadeja is a must for overseas test's too for his containment abilities.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If India cannot finish this within 20-30 runs, then they are out of this game! If they bat well in the 1st innings, then there is chance of draw. Though this pitch is flatter compared to other pitches in this series, still the dryness of summer is going to make it slightly tougher to bat on 4th & 5th day, and Australian bowlers are much better than English or other teams. So Indians should be careful today (with both ball & bat). They need not be nervous as in first two matches, because their batsmen gained confidence in the previous test match & also after winning that match!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jadeja and Yadav are the best bowlers for India in this tour! Ashwin is better than Ishant because of that effort in the 2nd innings of last match, otherwise Ishant has also tried hard to be honest! Ishant's improvement (if any) can be really seen in overseas test matches where he needs to be accurate at the same time extract something from the pitch!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    867 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    At this rate, it won't be easy for host, scoring rate is gradually declining.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Smith lost partners unfortunately! This also gives chance for India if they bat extremely well in the 1st innings! If they bat above average they can force draw. Otherwise if they bat average or poor, they are in danger! 1st innings is the key! But it looks like Australia is really charged up with their bowling, Indian batsmen need to be patient in the beginning, but definitely they should play confidently later on without getting suffocated!

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    1987 2011 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Bowling Bradman

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul needs to be alert with his defense (because he is an opener in Test matches). He always looks elegant with his stroke-play though even on tough pitches or against tough bowlers!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul is doing everything, while Vijay nothing! The only issue with Rahul is focus! He may get out at the time when you don't expect it!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is definitely a good start so far!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let's see if India can bat like they did against England (even late order coming to the party) and find out whether it is the pitch or Australian batsmen who caused them worries!

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't expect this good a start.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    It's funny that @Tusker has had me watching Fred Trueman videos this week.

Because Pat Cummins is incredibly similar. Same build, same arm action but of course different run through the crease due to the change in the no-ball rule.

Now I know why I love Cummins so much. He really reminds me of the second best fast bowler the world has ever seen. Fiery Fred!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Looks an easier pitch! Rather batsmen from either teams tightened their defense after those 2 tough matches and applied themselves on the relatively easier pitch.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff from the indian , score 550 here and a good chance to go 2-1.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    It's funny that @Tusker has had me watching Fred Trueman videos this week.

Because Pat Cummins is incredibly similar. Same build, same arm action but of course different run through the crease due to the change in the no-ball rule.

Now I know why I love Cummins so much. He really reminds me of the second best fast bowler the world has ever seen. Fiery Fred!
    Still not convinced about the fallacy of your theories despite all the lengthy debates ? appears you really don't want these pesky things -- otherwise known as harsh facts -- to not disrupt your fairy-talesque views and opinions of cricketers. After-all how dare they rudely interrupt your sanguine equilibrium ehh? Cheers

Sydney Bangalore Manchester Centurion Durban Jo'burg Mohali Colombo Dhaka Adelaide Kolkata

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Good stuff from the indian , score 550 here and a good chance to go 2-1.
    Ball is turning in the last 1 hour of play. Lyon got some deliveries to turn nicely. Not going to be easy to bat on Day-3.
    Day-4 will be extremely tough and I am guessing Day-5 will be mine field.

India needs to apply themselves and not gift any wickets.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Ball is turning in the last 1 hour of play. Lyon got some deliveries to turn nicely. Not going to be easy to bat on Day-3.
    Day-4 will be extremely tough and I am guessing Day-5 will be mine field.

India needs to apply themselves and not gift any wickets.
    Sounds like a typical UAE style wicket, flat first 2-3 days and then breaks up for the spinners to come into the equation

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Honours are even at this stage although the momentum is with India

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Are there any leg spinners playing in this test series? I don't want to watch anyone else

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Bilal7 Smith is a class above the rest, not sure how the likes of Root and Kohli remotely measure up

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    2nd one.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3643 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin136 View Post
    2nd one.
    Congratulations

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaz619 View Post
    @Bilal7 Smith is a class above the rest, not sure how the likes of Root and Kohli remotely measure up
    They don't, not any more. Kane is probably second best, but that's a personal opinion and I can't really prove it at this point.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point in the Match, I would say the the Indians could be in the trouble !!!!! Mind you, I said they could be, because they still need some 132 runs just to avoid Follow ON, also Kohli is iffy, even if he bats. The pitch has begun to do it's thing .... few balls yesterday did behave not as expected. The First hour will tell the story ..... Pujara can thwart the Australian's effort, no doubt, but the pressure will be huge, specially if Smith sets an attacking field to start the day. So all in all, it should be a Great Day of Test Match Cricket !!!!!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Aus is ahead right now. Indians have some way to go just to save this test let alone winning it.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Venue
    Springdale
    Runs
    Mentioned
    667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

India v Australia | 3rd Test | Ranchi | Mar 16-20, 2017 | Day 3

Australia 451
    India 120/1 (40.0 ov)
    India trail by 331 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings.

Why you wanna talk beef and tuck your chain after that?

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Virat overdue some runs, come on Captain, a century at least

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IND 167/1 (65.0 Ovs)

After defending for a long time, Vijay has started to score boundaries. I hope he doesnt lose his concentration and play a rash stroke.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffet View Post
    Aus is ahead right now. Indians have some way to go just to save this test let alone winning it.
    I would say chance for draw is 75%
    Australian Win - 20%
    Indian Win - 5% (If they play the way they did against England, out-bat in the 1st innings & bowl well in 2nd innings, though we don't have a 5th bowler now!)

Since both teams have improved their defense (in batting) in a tremendous way in previous test matches, they may bat well in all 4 innings. So draw is a certain result here (and Indians will take it)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India should be able to level the score today ..

get a lead of 150 200 tomorrow and australia will buckle under pressure.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No, the pitch (and conditions) and Australian team are different from that England Series. It will not follow that suit easily! The match is wide open, the chance of draw is maximum and next is Australian win. Indians will have to play out of their skins to win this match!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Vijay has a brain fade and gets himself stumped on the last over before lunch....lol

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This has been the problem with our two openers! (Give it away after starts!) The problem is with their defense and approach!

And poor interest in PP for this match. Don't know the reason! The series was really spiced up with good even contest and some controversies as well. I thought people anticipated a lot for this test match! The reason is probably a long gap between the test matches (2 or 3 days more)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Indians scoring 600-650 is unlikely here.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a bad feeling about Kohli. Hazlewood and O Keefe are bowling accurately here. The heat is on. There is some sledging on as well.