Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    I have a bad feeling about Kohli. Hazlewood and O Keefe are bowling accurately here. The heat is on. There is some sledging on as well.
    This could well be a decisive innings as well. Kohli with his injury may not go for many shots and may stay at the crease for longer (test Aussies patience), which can actually help India in this match! Let's see...

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Puji!

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    But good to see Pujara in form. I think Aswhin & Jadeja can also be counted on this pitch to contribute a bit with bat (at least in 1st innings). They need to tackle the fast bowlers though!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamLakhan View Post
    No, the pitch (and conditions) and Australian team are different from that England Series. It will not follow that suit easily! The match is wide open, the chance of draw is maximum and next is Australian win. Indians will have to play out of their skins to win this match!
    This pitch is Ok , support for both bowlers and batsmen but at the moment offering more for the batsmen. I dont see a reason why india cant score 650 here.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This could well be a decisive innings as well. Kohli with his injury may not go for many shots and may stay at the crease for longer (test Aussies patience), which can actually help India in this match! Let's see...
    For me Pujara is the main bat here. He has batted for more than 160 deliveries and his patience has been amazing. Starc's absense has been a boon of us, not only his bowling, but his footmarks also provided great purchase for the spinners

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :

As I expected, Kohli goes. He seems to fall for the same trick again and again.

Now the heat is on and Australia will come really hard on our batsmen. Pujara is such an important wicket. His dismissal might trigger a collapse, so I would really like him to bat long.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another failure for Kohli.

India is so lucky that teams think Kohli is the main wicket but they have three ~equal if not better test bats to Kohli.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Kohli was bound to struggle.

If Australia get Pujara quickly here they're back in business.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me Pujara is the main bat here. He has batted for more than 160 deliveries and his patience has been amazing. Starc's absense has been a boon of us, not only his bowling, but his footmarks also provided great purchase for the spinners
    Pujara has always been the most priced India wicket in Asia. If he scores the opposition has very less chance to win.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In this series Kohli has been all talk no action.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A forgettable series for Kohli (unless he gets a chance to play a role in the last match). I think this series tested his captaincy like anything, and I think it affected his batting. Hope he rectifies this in future, needs to calm down a lot in captaincy.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have avoided the follow on and now trail by 196 with 7 wickets in hand. These two have accelerated the scoring rate in the last few overs. Good going!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :

Rahane's gone and now our tail starts...lol... just kidding.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant hundred from Pujara..

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big task. Big player. Another 100 from Puji when it matters.

What a player <3

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :

Rahane's gone and now our tail starts...lol... just kidding.
    Rahane isn't any better than tail in home conditions either. Avgs like 38-39 thanks to dead rubber 188 vs NZ and dead rubber twin hundreds vs SA.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What a comeback by Pujara in this series! He was so much needed in our Test Batting lineup! I thought he was finished, proved his worth...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I was Kohli, I would cut down on my off-field chatter and instead focus on batting. All that aggression is starting to look stupid now.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rahul should get alert about his defense. Had he stayed at the crease for some more time, India would have been at least 350 by now and we could have put pressure on Australia forcing a win! We are still looking at safety (draw) at this moment!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pujara is a top bat.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is edging ahead

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Crucial innings for Nair. This may well decide his future in the team! Relatively easier pitch too so that he is not undone with difficulty. But he has a challenge and there is pressure (Match situation & Series situation!). Definitely this innings can't be called fluke even if this pitch is a batting paradise!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Always said that Pujara is India's best batsman in Asia and Rahane is their best outside of it. Kohli is one of the most overrated players going around at present.

Failed in the series against South Africa when the series was alive and failed here, because the pitches were tough to bat on (Not talking about this one). Cashed in on some glat tracks against England and New Zealand.

Hats off to Pujara, have immense respect for his game against spin. He's as good as India's Fab 4 against the slow bowlers.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    India will find it tough to chase 200 in the fourth innings on this wicket. Won't have much time to do it either if Australia bat time.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hazelwood strikes. The best test match bowler in the world for me

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Beautiful set up from Hazlewood.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nair is out.

Looks like Pujara has to stay till the end for us to get anywhere close to Australia's 451

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Australia should have played additional pacer on this pitch and used part-timers like Maxwell as 2nd spinner. They may well do it in the next match (Dharmashala)

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    788 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Australia should have played additional pacer on this pitch and used part-timers like Maxwell as 2nd spinner. They may well do it in the next match (Dharmashala)
    How will the pitch play? The curators will definitely try to kill any movement but I believe the atmosphere around the ground makes it very conducive to conventional swing?

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing bowler Hazlewood,brilliant spell with a wonderful surprise inswinger to knock over Nair.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta respect the fight shown by Australians in this series. They could have easily went downhill after that loss in Bangalore.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Rahane isn't any better than tail in home conditions either. Avgs like 38-39 thanks to dead rubber 188 vs NZ and dead rubber twin hundreds vs SA.
    yep and his 50 in last match was better than those dead rubber hundreds.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crucial innings for Nair. This may well decide his future in the team! Relatively easier pitch too so that he is not undone with difficulty. But he has a challenge and there is pressure (Match situation & Series situation!). Definitely this innings can't be called fluke even if this pitch is a batting paradise!
    The pitch is easy compare to previous matches but still good enough for bowlers and I think the Aussies bowled really well. Also as you said there is huge pressure (match situation and series situation).

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    How will the pitch play? The curators will definitely try to kill any movement but I believe the atmosphere around the ground makes it very conducive to conventional swing?
    It may not help swing like that now, but definitely little bit. I am sure India won't dare to host a test match in Dharmashala during winter & rainy seasons! No matter what they do they will not be able to avoid swing. (Maybe they could have tried when bowlers like Irfan Pathan, Nehra, Sreeshanth, etc, were our main bowlers. They could do now only if bowlers like Bhuvi can somehow become helpful even on flat pitches).

It is going to be interesting. If Australia wins this match I am pretty much sure they will go on to finish it 3-1 in that match gaining all the confidence on to that pitch. If India wins this match they will go totally defensive in that match and try to draw it. If this match is drawn, both teams will be eager to go hard in that match. Even India may get tempted to play additional pacer (Bhuvi?) of course as fifth bowler (India don't want to go without both Jaddu & Ashwin)

Good test series, but somehow interest & intensity has gone down because too much rest between matches (Actually too many useless back-to-back test series against weaker opponents?)

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cummins is an exciting talent. I hope he stays fit.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb bowling by Cummins. Maza agya!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarfiBabarHaris View Post
    The pitch is easy compare to previous matches but still good enough for bowlers and I think the Aussies bowled really well. Also as you said there is huge pressure (match situation and series situation).
    Yes he has to restart his cricket all over after that magic 300. There are confusions as well about his place in the team (5 bowlers strategy, Rahane, etc). But he needs to stay focused and do the best in whatever opportunity he gets. But we have to also say that he is up against a really quality & determined side (in early days of his international career) Rahane is not that consistent either!

Same goes with Ashwin. We should reconsider his alround abilities until he does it against good opponents and tough overseas conditions... (At least a 50 or even 30-35, biting the time is needed in such situations, we don't even expect those magic 100s)
    Last edited by RamLakhan; 18th March 2017 at 09:27.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    India needs to bite the time, no way they are going to win this test match!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quality pacers are invaluable. They will give you wickets in all conditions.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great contest between Puji and Cummins since morning. Really good!!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Jadeja needs to bowl lot more overs than Ashwin in next innings. He is more likely to contain the runs and also pick wickets. If Aussies score briskly and get chance to bowl for 1 full day they will be in real chance. Another target before that is to somehow extend this innings till tomorrow lunch.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This partnership is key (remote chance of a win if they get it bigger???) Saha needs to prove it with his bat this time, there is a challenge in the pitch, but not devil like previous games! Need to apply! Needs to support Pujara!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Indian run rate dipped down because of Kohli's form & Rahul's lack of big innings conversion... Those two can make RR to touch 3.5-4. India would have been ahead at this point! India badly missed Kohli in this series...

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good day of test cricket .

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect a Pakistan-esque 3rd innings collapse from the Aussies.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite impressed by Cummins and Hazelwood. It's going to be a tall order for India to save the game. Can't afford to concede a lead of more than 20-30. I suspect the Aussie quicks will come in fresh this morning and blow away the remaining 4 wickets.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 16 wickets have fallen in 3 days .... so a Draw is quite possible. Indians would score some 50/60 more runs before Australians bat again and they will bat for at least 3 more sessions, have a lead of some 350 runs, taking the match to Lunch on day 5 and then the Indians will simply bat out the rest of the day !!!! Mind you, anything can happen in Cricket, just like any other Sport .... but this is most likely.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junaids View Post
    Fair point, so I will reword what I have said.

I am not now making an accusation.

I photographed from the TV a picture of the bowler holding the ball. And the length of his fingernails was extraordinary, as was the fact that he was holding the ball with both hands, with three fingers bent and concealed behind the ball.

People can draw whatever conclusions they wish to. It would be nice if the picture could remain in the public domain, however.
    Picture was of the umpire

#MPGA

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarfarazian92 View Post
    I expect a Pakistan-esque 3rd innings collapse from the Aussies.
    Almost certain Aussies will collapse and set India a small total to chase

#MPGA

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Almost certain Aussies will collapse and set India a small total to chase
    Most ppers disagree though. Most people here aren't giving India much of a chance at winning.

Hum na hon hamare baad, Sarfraz Sarfraz

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia definitely ahead at this point.. it's highly doubtful India will catch up with the lead and even if they do, they have to bat in the 4th inning with 1 less batsman

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Den of RCB
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Australia definitely ahead at this point.. it's highly doubtful India will catch up with the lead and even if they do, they have to bat in the 4th inning with 1 less batsman
    One less batsman? Indirect mock at Kaptaan kya

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanzcool View Post
    One less batsman? Indirect mock at Kaptaan kya
    injured.. doubt he would be able to add anything substantial..

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aus to get 79 runs lead and then.....

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    injured.. doubt he would be able to add anything substantial..
    He's fine

His dismissal was technical fault and not due to injury and you know it

#MPGA

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saha silently doing his job and proving his worth,yet again.....

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    crucial partnership for the 7th wicket. i didnt expect Saha to last so long, he has already scored 37 valuable runs. We only trail by 56. These two look determined to overhaul the deficit.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had given up on the series after Aussie inning, but I see some hope now. Well played Pujara and Saha.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Crucial 50 for Saha.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Match saving partnership this may be, unbelievable staff, Deficit is only 32, if we collapse now, it will still force Aus to play rapidly if they want to push for a win

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    He's fine

His dismissal was technical fault and not due to injury and you know it
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...y/1087024.html

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slowly.... we are beginning to get the Aussies worried here. 25 more to equal scores. If these two are still there and with jadeja still to come, we can start dreaming about a crucial first innings lead.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Australia at the short-end of psychological battle ATM.. Their bowlers look fatigued and two over-turned decisions don't help the morale either..

PS great fight back from Che Pu- Saha

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If we can get a 100 run lead somehow, I would back India to win this Test.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Saha is turning into a world class Test player. He is the bet gloves-man around & really difficult to remove. Don't know why IND turned to Patel against Poms.

Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Saha is turning into a world class Test player. He is the bet gloves-man around & really difficult to remove. Don't know why IND turned to Patel against Poms.
    I Think Saha was Injured In the Series Against England

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Saha was injured then. Kohli backs him well. I remember Kohli saying Saha would always be the first-choice keeper even if Pathriv scored runs.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wicketless session. I never expected this resistance from Saha. Truly magnificient innings from Pujara, unfortunately, this innings will be over-looked in the future and will be swept under the carpet as a first innings knock at home.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Aman Why is o'keefe not taking wickets anymore? I mean the way he was hyped after the first test he should have taken couple of 5 fers.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel like Cummins will break down some point during this match given how many overs in these conditions he has bowled.

Dazzling the stage, Ginga Bishonen. Shinpathy!

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    Bangalore,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone feel that pujara is batting tad slow?

I think he should have score another 30-40 more. .modern test game is moving in different way and pujara should catch up

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket.mad View Post

I think he should have score another 30-40 more. .modern test game is moving in different way and pujara should catch up
    It is still better than scoring 25 off 40 balls T20 style and gifting your wicket by playing a lofted shot.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    270 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff..get a lead of 100-120 and win by an innings

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket.mad View Post

Depends on the context of the game.

In this particular match situation, this innings is worth gold.

Kind of similar to what Dravid did in famous the 2003 Adelaide test.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    @Aman Why is o'keefe not taking wickets anymore? I mean the way he was hyped after the first test he should have taken couple of 5 fers.
    Okeefe is your typical average spinner. The conditions helped him more than anything.

This pitch is not offering anything to the spinners except for a few balls that misbehaved.

Just goes to show how well Jaddu bowled on a lifeless pitch.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even Lyon is also struggling. Has not taken a wicket after that 8wicket haul in 1st Test.

Commies were saying that it's been 65overs for Lyon without a wicket.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fatigue must be absolutely immense for the Aussies, this is a war of attrition.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wicketless session. I never expected this resistance from Saha. Truly magnificient innings from Pujara, unfortunately, this innings will be over-looked in the future and will be swept under the carpet as a first innings knock at home.
    Saha was alays World class, some fools thought a run a ball 40 is what a keeper is supposed to do to justify the job. Saha is an old school WK who is the best in the world at keeping and a fiesty customer who is difficult to remove and plays well under pressure. Mind it, he can hit it big when needed inspite of not having the weighing machine on his side.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joly View Post
    Saha was alays World class, some fools thought a run a ball 40 is what a keeper is supposed to do to justify the job. Saha is an old school WK who is the best in the world at keeping and a fiesty customer who is difficult to remove and plays well under pressure. Mind it, he can hit it big when needed inspite of not having the weighing machine on his side.
    Certainly Saha is better than drop machine Parthiv Patel.

Would Parthiv Patel athletically catch Mathhew Wade in the last test? Extremely unlikely.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1036 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcyz View Post
    The fatigue must be absolutely immense for the Aussies, this is a war of attrition.
    Actually, they are worked out. Asian players are far better spin players when it comes to counter strategy. Indian batsmen have done their homework, which isn't uncommon for other Asian teams as well. Besides, wicket is lot better in this Test.