Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    100% agreed, Flower should make Fakhar better, he can improve.
    Fakhar will be hungry for success. We have to give him proper chance like we gave Sharjeel a proper chance to improve and perform.
    Fakhar's reflexes are not good, He has a serious problem against pace and bounce.

His balance at the crease is not good nor is his stance.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamzakhalid View Post
    Fakhar's reflexes are not good, He has a serious problem against pace and bounce.

His balance at the crease is not good nor is his stance.
    nothing that can't be fixed

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    I think that's subjective. But I have to be honest, he seemed far more accompalished than any Pak odi batsman for the last decade. I mean ppl were excited about Umar Akmal basis that breakout century against Sri Lanka, but this guy is an opener basing Aussie bowlers down the ground with consumate ease.
    Yes he was improving series on series so that's why is so fustrating and heartbreaking about what he did.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't think you've watched enough cricket then or know about talent in batting.

Ability to pick up length, timing, balance, power, stance, bat speed and reflexes are/were super.

I have watched enough cricket, I don't get what that had to do with anything. You don't need to force your opnion on me

Yes he had all of those things yet he only manged 1 century in all that time and his average was just over 30.

I'll accept he was improving on a series by series basis. But I'm not going to sit here and call him a special talent. He had the ability to be a world class player but a special talent LOL.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    nothing that can't be fixed
    Going by that way Ahmed Shehzad has a shot at being a Pakistani ATG. And honestly I would say Shehzad is a much better batsman than Zaman.

Hussain Tallat also looks reasonable.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sharjeel's ability to hit good bowling attacks and providing quick starts was second to none.
    Don't see any one in Pakistan who can score 50s for fun in no time.
    Also it was great for Babar too as he had time to get set and pace his innings.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going by that way Ahmed Shehzad has a shot at being a Pakistani ATG. And honestly I would say Shehzad is a much better batsman than Zaman.

Hussain Tallat also looks reasonable.
    Shehzad seems like he has started working hard, in the ground and in the gym. I'm optimistic about his chances of being successful after his comeback. Hopefully Fakhar will be polished by the team and coaches to fill the void left by Sharjeel.
    Talat, Khushdil, Saad all are excellent let's pray they get selected soon.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    I didn't downplay his talent . I'm just not going to call him a special talent because he had one good series.

He had talent but still was inconsistent LOL. 1 century vs Ireland and couldn't last more than 60 balls . Special talent oh right .
    No one's saying he was the complete product or that he had become a world-beater but you really can't deny that he had a lot of ability. Ability = Talent. On top of that, he was just beginning to gain some consistency despite the lack of big scores.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I am not sure what the big deal is with fakhar zaman...might be an ok all-rounder.
    In his last list A tournament, which was the departmental cup, he had 3 half centuries out of nine innings at brisk pace. The rest of the tournament was rubbish for him, batting wise. Time will tell.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    No one's saying he was the complete product or that he had become a world-beater but you really can't deny that he had a lot of ability. Ability = Talent. On top of that, he was just beginning to gain some consistency despite the lack of big scores.

Which is what I have been saying

Well someone call him a special talent. That's a big claim.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Babar was called a special talent before he made his debut. It depends on the player's ability.

Whether he would have gone on to have a successful and fruitful career is another topic and one that we may well never know the answer to, now.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*called him

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    yeah but those other guys dont play for Pakistan.
    I think none is denying his importance in Pakistani team. My response was for those who called him the best opener in the world and that he would find a place in all top teams.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    It shouldn't be the case that an international team collapses in the absence of one player. We should be asking how can it be that a country of 200M cannot find ONE hard hitting opener in its domestic system that's capable of stepping up to the national team ?

How can it be out of the 251 sixes hit in the PSL, only 48% were by Pakistani players ? Bear in mind each team can only play FOUR foreigners. I read an article by Charles Reynolds that Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad and Misbah-ul-Haq accounted for 41% of all the sixes hit by Pakistani batsmen !

I get power hitting doesn't come as naturally to some players who maybe aren't as adept at picking up length early, maybe they lack the reflexes or the power. However you could try looking at their positioning at the crease, their grip and general technique, to try and coach it into them ?

PCB should think outside the box - England Lions hired baseball coach Julian Wood a few years ago to help with power hitting before a series with South Africa A and it paid off judging by the results.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A big loss,still Fakhar has the ability to match him and even go ahead of him.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    I feel like PP'ers are overhyping Sharjeel just because he is no longer available for selection. Pakistan was still floundering with same Sharjeel opening the batting. Apart from the Aus series, his performances were few and far inbetween.

As they say, "One swallow does not a summer make"
    More like Sharjeel was starting to pay dividends for showing faith in him consistently for a year rather then chop and change at the first sight of failure. The Aussie series he just had, must rank amongst the best ever for a Pakistani batsman in Australia in a 5-match bilateral series. He avgd. 50 w/SR of 100+.

He would have feasted in the Caribbean but unfortunate that he's in trouble right now. Hope he gets cleared because he was starting to break out. Sarfaraz is totally spot on about him.

He had solved 1 huge hole in our LOI batting: aggressive opener who could've easily translated it to test cricket as well as he showed in the 2nd innings of Sydney test with quick fire 40.

Seriously, if we can get him back before Champions Trophy it would be a massive shot in the arm!

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    superb comments regarding amir and what, glad they are aware of just how crap they have both been and glad to see the honeymoon is over for them - or at least if sarfraz and the selection committee stick to these words.

its time for them to deliver, and if they can't - which seems like - make way for someone who might.
    While true, his mates also need to stop butterfingering the catches he generates.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomboom6 View Post
    More like Sharjeel was starting to pay dividends for showing faith in him consistently for a year rather then chop and change at the first sight of failure. The Aussie series he just had, must rank amongst the best ever for a Pakistani batsman in Australia in a 5-match bilateral series. He avgd. 50 w/SR of 100+.

He would have feasted in the Caribbean but unfortunate that he's in trouble right now. Hope he gets cleared because he was starting to break out. Sarfaraz is totally spot on about him.

He had solved 1 huge hole in our LOI batting: aggressive opener who could've easily translated it to test cricket as well as he showed in the 2nd innings of Sydney test with quick fire 40.

Seriously, if we can get him back before Champions Trophy it would be a massive shot in the arm!
    Every time we find a world class talent they somehow find a way to screw it all up.