Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindus tell Muslims to leave village after Modi poll win

Radical Hindus have ordered Muslims to leave a village in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, days after the ruling party of Narendra Modi, the prime minister, swept to power in the battleground state.

Dozens of posters appeared overnight, pasted to Muslims’ houses in Jianagla, 120 miles west of Delhi. They warned of “dire consequences” if the occupants did not leave immediately. Signed by the “Hindus of the village”, which has about 200 Muslims among its population of 2,500, the posters also cited President Trump’s attempts to limit Muslim immigration to the United States, vowing to do the same.

The incident came after Mr Modi’s Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) won an overwhelming victory in elections in Uttar Pradesh at the weekend. The BJP won 325 of 403 seats in the state assembly.

“With the BJP in power in Uttar Pradesh, Hindus of the village would do what US President Trump was doing to Muslims in that country,” declared the posters, which also claimed to be endorsed by Yogi Adityanath, a local firebrand BJP MP.

News of the incident has spread swiftly and crystallised fears among local Muslims that they face discrimination by Hindu extremists emboldened by the scale of the BJP’s victory.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hi...lage-rs2v7zvdk

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I was surprised to read this in the UK Times this morning, but maybe it shouldn't be a surprise. India isn't Afghanistan, it's seen as an emerging world power, or certainly that is how it would like to be seen. That being the case, the Indian govt can't really afford to be associated with such medieval mindsets. With international exposure like this, the govt will at least feel some pressure to polish up their act.

I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bunch of hooligans. Government should take strict action against the culprits.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pathetic.

Modi is trying to portray himself as a moderate one and an inclusive leader.

But the monkey brigade is bent on making India look like a joke. Unless BJP cuts itself off from RSS/VHP and kicks out all Sadhvis and Babas from its Ministers and MP's, this kind of circus threats will continue.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Secular India

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a conspiracy theorist, but leaving posters when no one is looking isn't exactly how I picture a majority bullying minority. Could well be a political stunt.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    parallels of this and those white supremacists who did the same thing under Trump's America.

Debut
    Aug 2016
    Venue
    Rama, Astore, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God. Looks like racism will always plague the world. First it was in the form of White supremacy and persecution of anyone not white, especially Africans. Now it is Islamophobia. Pathetic.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Venue
    Jurassic Park.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do they want them to go? Being Indian they have every right to live in the country. There is no comparison with Trump who wants Muslim immigrants from certain countries to be banned.

PP's own self proclaimed sharpshooter and defender of Islam and Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Fortress Europe
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Not a conspiracy theorist, but leaving posters when no one is looking isn't exactly how I picture a majority bullying minority. Could well be a political stunt.
    My thoughts exactly.

It much more likely to be a prank by some sore losers like the SP or the BSP.

And the levels that these casteist fools are capable of stooping down to can be appalling.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

And the levels that these casteist fools are capable of stooping down to can be appalling.
    BJP apologists coming out in force.

What next? That the Muslim villagers made the posters themselves to use it as an excuse to get asylum in Germany or the UK?

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post

What next? That the Muslim villagers made the posters themselves to use it as an excuse to get asylum in Germany or the UK?
    Call us people who are more in touch with reality of Indian politics. When was the last time you heard of a majority bullying minority by printing posters and leaving them at doors anonymously?

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Call us people who are more in touch with reality of Indian politics. When was the last time you heard of a majority bullying minority by printing posters and leaving them at doors anonymously?
    Doesn't need everyone in the majority to do that. Just a small but influential section doing so will be enough.

As for leaving posters (or pigs heads) at doors, last time I checked Muslims were a very small minority in the UK, and yet some right wing extremists (from the majority community) have tried to create fear and tension by leaving pigs heads outside mosques. So yes, the extremists don't always try their fear mongering in broad daylight.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 18th March 2017 at 12:23.

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule”

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Singapore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thing is Modi has built his support using hardliners to get elected he can't sideline them without loosing support. And I don't think he will be willing to gamble that he has enough support without them to keep winning elections even if he wanted to sideline them.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have the Hindu villagers spoke up and said no this is not from us and tried to reassure the Muslims...

On the othegrand, I find it hard to feel sympathy for Muslims in UP after it seems lot voted for BJP. Or was it that Hindu vote was consolidated behind hindutva and Muslim votes wouldn't made a difference. For now, I am willing to concede it's former rather than the latter.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    923 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gani999 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Your case may have had some merit or standing if the CM-designate hadn't said among other things:
    "I will not stop till I turn UP and India into a Hindu rashtra. "

"We want you (minorities) not to kill anybody and live peacefully and concentrate on progress...If the other side does not stay in peace, we will teach them how to stay in peace...in the language that they understand"

"Mother Teresa was part of a conspiracy to evangelise India. Hindus were converted in the name of doing service"

"Lord Shankar was the biggest yogi who started yoga. Mahadev lives in every particle of this country. So those who want to avoid yoga and Lord Shankar can leave Hindustan"
    So please spare me the BS.

#MPGA

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I dont understand.Why will anyone be a BJP apologist on PP?What purpose does it serve?Are PPers going to affect the BJP in anyway?No.

This is only a discussion where people are giving their opinion.So why call anyone a supporter/Apologist etc.

It may or may not have been a consipracy.But the sore loser attitude of the losing parties post UP elections raise enough doubt about what levels they can go to discredit BJP.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Have the Hindu villagers spoke up and said no this is not from us and tried to reassure the Muslims...

On the othegrand, I find it hard to feel sympathy for Muslims in UP after it seems lot voted for BJP. Or was it that Hindu vote was consolidated behind hindutva and Muslim votes wouldn't made a difference. For now, I am willing to concede it's former rather than the latter.
    No Indian Muslim Asked For Your Sympathies.

Its a great sign that the muslim voters in UP have come out of the "Herd Voting" mentality and have refused to be used as a vote bank in the name of religion.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Your case may have had some merit or standing if the CM-designate hadn't said among other things:

Why dont you post the link from where you copied this and the context.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    315 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post

Ok, let's see.

"I will not stop till I turn UP and India into a Hindu rashtra. "
    Being a Hindu Yogi, he is well within his right to dream of a Hindu Rashtra.

We want you (minorities) not to kill anybody and live peacefully and concentrate on progress...If the other side does not stay in peace, we will teach them how to stay in peace...in the language that they understand"
    So, he is all for peaceful coexistence, which is good to see. As for the second part of his statement, yes it sounds threatening, but like CJ said, you need a context.

"Mother Teresa was part of a conspiracy to evangelise India. Hindus were converted in the name of doing service"
    Again, another perfectly valid view from a Yogi's perspective. With all due respect to Mother Teresa's services, evangelism indeed was the prime objective.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post

The muslim votes were split between SP and BSP. And when you look at the margin with which the BJP won in that contituencies are not that great too.

http://www.news18.com/news/politics/...n-1359536.html

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not a fan of This Adityanand types, but you cannot discount the fact that SP or BSP fools could have done this.

It's India. Too many bozos and criminals in politics.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a troll move by BJP to make Yogi Adityanath CM

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    927 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollack View Post
    What a troll move by BJP to make Yogi Adityanath CM
    Not troll.

He is a Thakur.Add to that his deputies are OBC and Brahmin.They have captured the entire caste spectrum.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky to live in Kerala lol

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Not troll.

He is a Thakur.Add to that his deputies are OBC and Brahmin.They have captured the entire caste spectrum.
    Really proud that we have a Hindu Ruler over the land which was owned by Mughals. After a long time in history I am feeling proud to be a Hindu. Jai Shri Ram!