Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4840 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is sad because everything is great about him except his batting.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Exactly. And sadly his technique has become worse.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Still can't believe he replaced Sami in tests who is a far far superior batsman and has much higher ceiling.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yah , chose a wrong career.

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    May 2005
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentSpotterPk View Post
    Shan's Spirit had been fastastic.

A* to him.
    Dad would be so proud

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shan I hope you are reading this my advice to you is quit playing do some coaching qualifications in a few years with your sound knowledge and dedication to the game you may become a quality coach like John Buchanan or Bob Woolmer if that does not work out do some commentary gigs I am sure its not that hard to replace Rameez as face of Pakistan cricket commentary

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Dad would be so proud

Yes indeed. Unfortunately he needs to be dropped. He needs to overhaul his technique all together to have any chance in future.

Mujhay hai Hukm e Azaa-n

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Wonder what the future holds for him under Sarfraz's captaincy?

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Wonder what the future holds for him under Sarfraz's captaincy?
    Probably doesnt matter who captain of pakistan is, Shan masood will keep getting picked in the pakistan sqauds again and again based on non cricketing merit. Then depends what options the pakistan captain at time has and wether this walking wicket is picked in a final 11.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not good enough unfortunately.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Next farhat/fasial, will be getting paid holidays for the next 5 years.

THe irony is though that those two had far superior domestic records espeically farhat.

Shan is in denial regarding his selections.

Let me say it again, Shan's "amazing" FC season where he scored 1000+ runs came at an average of 40.40, below the career averages of many a pak player.

Even leaving aside stats, just look at how Anderson made him look like Chris Martin on flat UAE pitches, let alone what happened in England.

If Shan is truly the nice guy he is made out be to he will effectively recuse himself like Junaid Zia did

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Indian occupied kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Next farhat/fasial, will be getting paid holidays for the next 5 years.

THe irony is though that those two had far superior domestic records espeically farhat.

Shan is in denial regarding his selections.

Let me say it again, Shan's "amazing" FC season where he scored 1000+ runs came at an average of 40.40, below the career averages of many a pak player.

Even leaving aside stats, just look at how Anderson made him look like Chris Martin on flat UAE pitches, let alone what happened in England.

If Shan is truly the nice guy he is made out be to he will effectively recuse himself like Junaid Zia did
    what did junaid zia do ?

Meri Awaaz suno....
    Mujhe Azaad karo....

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mir jibran View Post
    what did junaid zia do ?
    Made the excuse that he had exams or educational commitments. His dad was PCB chairman, and Aamir Sohail was the mouth piece promoting Junaid in the same way Shan is now : ie he is educated, bright, hard working, fittest player in pakistan.

The other thing was that Junaid got bullied by a lot of the senior players at the time , but what he did still should be commended

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ur expectations are wrong bro...better to concentrate on domestics or do something else...

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Made the excuse that he had exams or educational commitments. His dad was PCB chairman, and Aamir Sohail was the mouth piece promoting Junaid in the same way Shan is now : ie he is educated, bright, hard working, fittest player in pakistan.

The other thing was that Junaid got bullied by a lot of the senior players at the time , but what he did still should be commended
    Really! That's true patriotism from Junaid Zia.
    This is what we expect from Shan. He knows he is a proven cr@p but so what he can get a decent career elsewhere since he is educated. Wake up Shan and call it quit for the love of the nation and encourage guys like you to do the same.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaifmazhar View Post
    Really! That's true patriotism from Junaid Zia.
    This is what we expect from Shan. He knows he is a proven cr@p but so what he can get a decent career elsewhere since he is educated. Wake up Shan and call it quit for the love of the nation and encourage guys like you to do the same.
    If only we can make a hybrid of Shan Masood and Umar Akmal. Shan wants to do well, is hardworking and has a good head in his shoulders but is very limited as a batsman and not much talent to rave about.

While Umar has got everything except a good head.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    If only we can make a hybrid of Shan Masood and Umar Akmal. Shan wants to do well, is hardworking and has a good head in his shoulders but is very limited as a batsman and not much talent to rave about.

While Umar has got everything except a good head.
    Hahaha. You stole that one from the top of my head

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be an absolute disgrace if this guy comes anywhere near the Pakistan first XI in future. An absolute travesty. The guy is useless. Anderson treated him like a 2 year old. He is a walking wicket against anyone who can swing the ball.

Sami Aslam is ten times better. PCB - please invest in Sami Aslam for tests. Azhar Ali and Sami Aslam to open in Tests.

Fakhar/Sharjeel/Farhan/anyone else (I have not seen Farhan) : Open in T20 and ODI

If this Masood chap makes any Pakistan team........ facepalm

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks like an Imran Farhat 2.0 but in my years of watching cricket I've seen Farhat play during his best period for Pakistan but I've been against his selection like everyone else

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    people should ask themselves why Shan gets consistent interviews everyone couple of months but a guy who has far more reason to be aggrieved like Sami Aslam hardly gets any beyond the great work here at PP

and nobody use the language excuse, no shortage of urdu journos

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PCB shouldnt discard him completely he should be given a job as a team spokesmen or translator and make his really talents to use.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    PCB should look to make him take up the mic in the combox, we need someone to take the mantle after Rambo and Shaan seems the perfect guy.

Also since he actively plays domestics he would most certainly know more indepth attributes of up coming players.

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Texas, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another guy who had a real good chance of sealing his position but now it will be very tough for him to make it in the team with Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Ahmed Shezad, Sami Aslam, and Sharjeel (may be) in line for opening slots ahead of him.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Will always remember him for his Pallekele innings.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sali View Post
    Another guy who had a real good chance of sealing his position but now it will be very tough for him to make it in the team with Azhar Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Ahmed Shezad, Sami Aslam, and Sharjeel (may be) in line for opening slots ahead of him.
    Ideally Imam-ul-Haq should also be considered ahead of Shan and also Shehzad.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KARACHI: Pakistan left-handed batsman Shan Masood has set his focus on performing in domestic cricket and believes he can impress the selectors to enter the squad which will host Sri Lanka in the UAE.

Shan, while talking exclusively to The Express Tribune during the final of the Red Bull Campus Cricket tournament at the Moin Khan Academy, Karachi where Jinnah Degree College Karachi beat UCP Lahore to qualify for the Campus Cricket finals in Sri Lanka, said that he is no hurry to represent Pakistan in the ODIs and T20Is.

When asked when he is going to make his debut in the ODIs, Shan said: “My domestic season in ODI cricket went really well. Over the year, I scored about 1,200 runs. Also, I played the last T20 competition. So I have set my focus on performing in the domestic circuit [in all formats]. Everything else in the hands of the selectors, but if the opportunity comes knocking on the door, I’ll grab it. However, I am in no hurry.”

Shan played his last Test for Pakistan when the team won the three-Test series 2-1 against West Indies at the latter’s home in May — the farewell series for former captain Misbahul Haq and veteran Younus Khan — and scored 9 and 21 runs respectively in both innings.

When asked if he sees himself in the squad for Sri Lanka’s tour of the UAE, the 27-year-old said: “I’m always hopeful. However, the team has its own requirements and the selectors have their own. If I tick all the boxes, God willing I will be in the final squad.”

Shan has represented Pakistan in 10 Tests as of now, and has toured three different countries — Sri Lanka in 2015, England in 2016 and West Indies in 2017 — with the national team, and he believes playing on foreign pitches becomes easier if you can learn to handle pressure.

“For a batsman, international conditions are much easier,” said Shan. “It is harder to be a batsman in domestic cricket. If you perform in these [domestic] conditions, all you have to do is take the pressure of international cricket and apply yourself effectively.”

The southpaw was a part of the squad during Pakistan’s famous tour of England in the summer of 2016 where they drew the four-Test series 2-2, and his experience of a full-house crowd, he believes, was amazing.

“It is harder to play in an empty stadium,” said Shan. “When you are at a ground like Lord’s, the public announcer calls your name, first day, first Test of the summer, 30,000 fans are cheering, that gives you motivation to perform. You zone out once you step onto the pitch. Things change after you see such a crowd.”

Shan was termed as one of the fittest cricketer alongside Misbahul Haq and Younus Khan when the team was sent for training to Kakool for training with the Pakistan Army before the tour of England, and the Pallekele centurion believes Mickey Arthur’s arrival changed the trend.

“Since the arrival of Mickey Arthur, the trend of focusing on one’s fitness has set in,” he commented.

During his short stint with the national team after his debut in 2013, Shan has already faced a confidence-denting crowd, which he faced in Manchester during England-Pakistan second Test in 2016.

“The worst crowd I faced was during our second Test against England at Manchester,” Shan revealed. “It was Saturday and the crowd there is ready to boo you on every mishap, every misfield. Also if England is bowling and you are batting, they don’t allow you to get settled and don’t let go off a chance to boo you.”

Moreover, as any Pakistani cricketer would say, Shan also loves Pakistan fans. “Pakistani fans, meanwhile, are the best,” he said. “Wherever you go, they always give you love and cheer for you.”

Red Bull Campus Cricket may not be the most talked about event in Pakistan at the moment, but Shan believes the initiative is great considering the condition of domestic cricket.

“This system will help Pakistan eventually,” he said. “We lag behind because a cricketer’s life is limited to the game only and a student can’t actively participate in sports and ends up in a 9-5 job or enters business. However, when I see this platform, there are students who can go to the university and play cricket too, which is great.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1480644...ng-test-squad/

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    PCB shouldnt discard him completely he should be given a job as a team spokesmen or translator and make his really talents to use.
    Excellent idea.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been following his work out routine and videos on IG and I must say he is working extremely hard on his fitness. I really hope he can make it count by scoring some runs.

I always admire players who may not be the most naturally talented or gifted but work hard and give it their all to achieve their dreams.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaasir View Post
    I have been following his work out routine and videos on IG and I must say he is working extremely hard on his fitness. I really hope he can make it count by scoring some runs.

I always admire players who may not be the most naturally talented or gifted but work hard and give it their all to achieve their dreams.
    His fitness and work ethic has never been in doubt.

However, no gym routine will rectify his weaknesses outside the off-stump or against short-pitched bowling.

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    359 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    This comment actually made me LOL. But it's a good idea.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like I said, every shortcoming can be rectified by putting in the long yards. If he can do it in fitness, let's hope he can also put it in the effort to overcome his weaknesses in Cricket.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, which is rare in Pakistan Cricket. So let's hope for the sake of Pakistan Cricket he is able to improve on his past performances.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1709 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaasir View Post
    Like I said, every shortcoming can be rectified by putting in the long yards. If he can do it in fitness, let's hope he can also put it in the effort to overcome his weaknesses in Cricket.

He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, which is rare in Pakistan Cricket. So let's hope for the sake of Pakistan Cricket he is able to improve on his past performances.
    I am a great believer in hard work too, but Shan Masood already works twice as hard as the others and he is still useless.

Hard work cannot make up for an abject lack of talent.

Hard work cannot make up for a diabolical batting technique, in which his feet, hands and head are all in the wrong place whenever a bowler faster than 125K pitches the ball on or outside off-stump.

@Amjid Javed is quite right.

Shan Masood has zero cricketing credentials to play international cricket. His skills - the English language and good manners - should be used having him drive the team bus or booking rooms and flights.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He should try and qualify for the england team as an opener, hes probably just as bad as most of options england have selected lately to open in tests ;)

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shaan Masood is highly rated by Younus Khan. Younus and Shan actually played in the same domestic team and Younus personally selected him. Shan is on record saying Younus bhai helped him a lot to improve his batting against spin. I would say Younus knows more about batting and talent than all of us here on PP combined.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    And we expect a lot from him also.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    And we expect a lot from him also.
    Only expectation for Masood will be the opposition getting a gift wrapped free 2 wickets per match tied with a nice ribbon and bow!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    The reality is that too many of our players are picked for international cricket with basic flaws, they are then dropped due to those flaws and then picked again despite those flaws having not been corrected.

Shan Masood is an example of this.

He's a good lad, he will admit his faults. He needs to work on those issues before they pick him again for Pakistan.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's sad to see him fail. I love his attitude and personality. He is a hard working athlete who puts immense effort into his game. I really want to see people like him succeed at this level. Hopefully he works on his flaws and comes back stronger.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has no place in the squad, what is the point of going through all those fitness regimes when your right leg is as stiff as a bamboo stick?
    Last edited by giri26; 10th October 2017 at 01:59.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is the extreme opposite of Umar Akmal, will pass the Yo-Yo with flying colors but his on-field performances are zero and he has nothing to show for it.

In that sense he is just an average cricketer. Probably below average considering some of the names that have been left out coz of him

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed88 View Post
    He is the extreme opposite of Umar Akmal, will pass the Yo-Yo with flying colors but his on-field performances are zero and he has nothing to show for it.

In that sense he is just an average cricketer. Probably below average considering some of the names that have been left out coz of him
    Errr.....Umar Akmal has ZERO on field performances in addtion to failing the fitness test 7 FREAKING TIMES !!!!!!!!!

At least Dad's dream has an ATG level 100 in a 4th Innings of a successful Pakistani chase, name me one contribution from Umar Akmal that is equvalent to that and also Shan (despite the clear nepotism) is an honest trier ~ I'll give him that!

Umar Akmal needs nepotism for getting selected, fails fitness tests like it's some spelling bee contest and does jack all on the field ~ remind me again on why he's better than Shan ??

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    Errr.....Umar Akmal has ZERO on field performances in addtion to failing the fitness test 7 FREAKING TIMES !!!!!!!!!

At least Dad's dream has an ATG level 100 in a 4th Innings of a successful Pakistani chase, name me one contribution from Umar Akmal that is equvalent to that and also Shan (despite the clear nepotism) is an honest trier ~ I'll give him that!

Umar Akmal needs nepotism for getting selected, fails fitness tests like it's some spelling bee contest and does jack all on the field ~ remind me again on why he's better than Shan ??
    Point was Umar Akmal had a natural footwork, natural coverdrive, pure timing, great flare about himself, looked a pick above the rest with some of his shots, even a flabby Umar Akmal managed to become player of the tournament for the first edition of PSL, Shan has got nothing on himself - honest trier but zerooooo ability

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Shan returns to the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and is immediately handed captaincy of the UBL side, demoting Hammad Azam....

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Shan returns to the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy and is immediately handed captaincy of the UBL side, demoting Hammad Azam....
    I hope he is following the news on Ahmed Shehzad!

With Imam in the picture, Shan's days in the Test squad will be numbered.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he is following the news on Ahmed Shehzad!

With Imam in the picture, Shan's days in the Test squad will be numbered.
    Is he really a captain in domestic cricket or is that just a rumor?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManFan View Post
    Is he really a captain in domestic cricket or is that just a rumor?
    Shan Masood is definitely captaining the UBL side in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. You can check the scorecard here: http://www.pcb.com.pk/quaideazam-tro...tch/30563.html

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shan Masood is definitely captaining the UBL side in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. You can check the scorecard here: http://www.pcb.com.pk/quaideazam-tro...tch/30563.html
    That is pathetic. He's not to blame though, his father is.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    50 in National T20 Cup.... vs Rawalpindi

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Carried his bat today in the One Day Cup with 145* off 146 balls in a winning total of 296/9 for UBL.

Good knock but PTV is one of the weakest teams in the tournament.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scored 105*(121) today for UBL against PTV in National One day cup. His technique isn't improving but he is surely improving his stroke play
    Last edited by hadi123; 1st January 2018 at 16:12.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    100 in 101 balls today in UBL's win in OD Cup semis!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shan Masood in the runs again. I know he's not exactly the favourite of people on here, but he's been doing amazing this season. And we all know he has all the good attributes a sportsman should have (fitness, work ethic, willingness to learn etc) so maybe he genuinely has improved. If he does get picked for Pakistan in the future at least we know it's on merit rather than nepotism.

Final stats from this tournament:

Innings Runs Average Strike-Rate

9 632 158 86.69
    Last edited by hadi123; 14th January 2018 at 13:12.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masood carries on his good form. 83 off 92 in a winning cause for Islamabad. I think people should stop comparing Masood to Donald Bradman though. It's very harsh to compare a great batsman like Masood to someone such as Bradman.

Jokes aside, I think Masood may have genuinely improved. He seems like the type who would be willing to learn. This may be false hope though if he gets another chance and flops again but I don't think we have seen the end of him in a Pakistan shirt.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Islamabad Region 254-5 in 50 overs: (Shan Masood 128*, 137 balls, 11x4s, 1x6,

Lahore Region Blues 255-3 in 48.5 oversMuhammad Saad 100*, 121 balls, 7x4s, 1x6,

Question is has Shan Masood really improved...
    He is scoring hundreds for fun and has an average double the Bradman

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    653 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Will always be a walking wicket at international level, no matter how many easy runs he scores domestically will change that

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fata Region 224-10 in 44.1 overs: (Khushdil Shah 54, 53 balls, 7x4s, Fakhar Zaman 46, 59 balls, Muhammad Naeem 45, 50 balls, 6x4s, Raza Hasan 4-27, Nouman Ali 2-44)

Islamabad Region 228-1 in 35.5 overs: (Abid Ali 96*, 113 balls, 14x4s, Shan Masood 90, 66 balls, 16x4s, Faizan Riaz 35*, 40 balls, 4x4s, 1x6, Muhammad Irfan 1-51)

Result: Islamabad Region won by 9 wickets

Masood and slow, who said that, i am confused how to react on his performances but this is the first time he has dominated in domestic cricket
    Last edited by hadi123; 2nd February 2018 at 17:30.

[QUOTE=Mamoon;9742871]Don't see us ascending from 7th/6th in the near future. 5-0 in England and South Africa awaits us, we will be lucky to even draw one match. [/QUOTE]

Debut
    May 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well if he gets a go in ODIs he would have earned it. He has scored heavily and at a good rate. He is also untested in ODIs so you can't say he is a TTF.

I still feel that if we are going to try a new opener it should be an aggressive player which despite the recent record I don't think Shan is. Otherwise we should go with Haris as opener who is very competent against pace and can score at a good rate.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very surprised but I'm still not convinced. He is a very poor and timid batsman. But he should be tried in an odi series just to see if all this isn't a fluke.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even he probably didn't expect this much from himself.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone who has seen him bat recently attest to any change in his approach? Not the most talented batsman around, but works hard on his fitness and apparently, his game aswell.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Has anyone who has seen him bat recently attest to any change in his approach? Not the most talented batsman around, but works hard on his fitness and apparently, his game aswell.
    I saw his century in the National T20 cup, there were many misfields and couple of drop catches towards the latter part of his innings but he did play some nice positive strokes. However we have to take these domestic performances with a grain of salt especially with the TTFs. Lets see how he does in the PSL.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    I saw his century in the National T20 cup, there were many misfields and couple of drop catches towards the latter part of his innings but he did play some nice positive strokes. However we have to take these domestic performances with a grain of salt especially with the TTFs. Lets see how he does in the PSL.
    If not LOI cricket, I hope this positivity reaches into his longer format game. He has been frustrating to watch and this new approach might lead to better results, who knows.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk why people take these boom boom bubble gum matches so seriously. When guys like shan Masood and Shehzad and Azhar are scoring heavily you know the quality of cricket is abysmal.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    If not LOI cricket, I hope this positivity reaches into his longer format game. He has been frustrating to watch and this new approach might lead to better results, who knows.
    I don't think he is mentally strong enough for that and was probably chosen for the wrong format but you never know.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railu Katta View Post
    Idk why people take these boom boom bubble gum matches so seriously. When guys like shan Masood and Shehzad and Azhar are scoring heavily you know the quality of cricket is abysmal.
    Because than the question arises of domestic cricket and not selecting based on merit...

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because than the question arises of domestic cricket and not selecting based on merit...
    He had performed in domestic in the past and made 2 comebacks and he failed. I can bet my house on it that this guy will still fail.....

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno how to rate Masood. He seems technically ok, nothing spectacular and he seems to have a level head, yet gets out too early, too often.

I think there are about 3 openers who are higher in the pecking order than him.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had performed in domestic in the past and made 2 comebacks and he failed. I can bet my house on it that this guy will still fail.....
    He will because he is simply not good enough. PAK should open with FZ and AA in Tests. But the PCB will make sure that he plays on the tour of England and costs us yet another series there. The last time we won a series in ENG was 96'.

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Kanayda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will because he is simply not good enough. PAK should open with FZ and AA in Tests. But the PCB will make sure that he plays on the tour of England and costs us yet another series there. The last time we won a series in ENG was 96'.
    We should have won in 2006 and 2016 but yeah if he plays we are already a wicket down.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should have won in 2006 and 2016 but yeah if he plays we are already a wicket down.
    2016 was SO disappointing because well...
    1st Test: We Won.
    2nd Test: We collapsed on the 5th Day on a Flat pitch. (once again)
    3rd Test: We won 3 1/2 Days out of 5 but lost due to not playing a 5th bowler.
    4th Test: We Won.
    That series should really have had a 5th Test because I believe PAK could have won it going in with the momentum they garnered from that win.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets see in psl how he play . in which he is sleacted?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by letme alone View Post
    lets see in psl how he play . in which he is sleacted?
    Multan Sultans.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Multan Sultans.
    Hope he plays against QG and KK and fails miserably. Maybe 10(19) will do.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Multan Sultans.
    thanks

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Hope he plays against QG and KK and fails miserably. Maybe 10(19) will do.
    And what if he scores something like 100* of 75 balls

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    423 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will he partner Zaman in next series? He can bowl some medium pace too. Can play Hafeez role for WC in England.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    Jeddah
    Runs
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JattMaula View Post
    Will he partner Zaman in next series? He can bowl some medium pace too. Can play Hafeez role for WC in England.
    Hafeez is irreplaceable,
    But yes we can see him opening alongside Fakhar

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t like Shan but he has been putting up his name for selection in ODI’s with some consistent performances in LO cricket recently.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)