Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

List of IPL commentators announced, no Pakistanis included [Update #31]

Noted commentator and presenter Harsha Bhogle’s time away from the broadcasting studios and commentary booth’s could end very soon. Bhogle has spent nearly a year in exile after his comments in the box wasn’t well received by some members of the Indian cricket team and officials within the BCCI. But with BCCI under new administration, the previous concerns with Bhogle are unlikely to find the same pressure. With that, Harsha could come out and be inside the studios for the upcoming edition of IPL 10.

As per a report by Mumbai Mirror, barring a few late hiccups from now and the start of the tournament on April 5, Bhogle’s return to the studio is all but done even if he doesn’t get to hold the microphone as a commentator. Besides the change in power equation within the BCCI, another factor that tips things in Harsha’s favour are the lack of options for official TV broadcaster Sony Entertainment with the likes of Ramiz Raja, Waqar Younis and Shoaib Akhtar unavailable to be part of the event due to the strained India-Pakistan relations.

The report also states that the negotiations between the two parties have been going on for some time but no official contract has been signed yet. Having said that, it is more of a formality at this juncture. One of the the reasons why no official confirmation has been to the effect has been to avoid any derailment in the decision-making.

The story and the controversy came to the fore last year when Harsha’s criticism of the Indian team wasn’t well taken by actor Amitabh Bachchan who indirectly took a shot at Bhogle. This tweet was subsequently re-tweeted by former Indian captain MS Dhoni and complaints were made to BCCI by Virat Kohli and Murali Vijay. Bhogle was then cut at a late stage from the IPL 9 as well despite being part of its early production videos and promotion. He then had said that it was done without any clear reason:

“No one told me anything. I have not been formally told of the reason even now. All I have been told is ‘it is a BCCI management decision’.”

While Bhogle wants to commentate, as per the report, he can’t do so at the time with the production rights held by BCCI (technically IMG) . Other commentators on the panel for IPL 10 include Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri, L Sivaramakrishnan and Sanjay Manjrekar from India with other options from other countries.

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...eport-4568629/
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th March 2017 at 16:58.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i think ramiz will be doing commentary for pak /west indies series along with waqar younis thats why they

opted out or bcci did not invited them this year

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Would make no sense for Pak comms to be there whilst their players arent allowed to take part.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not sure who is worse: bhogle or rameez.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Would make no sense for Pak comms to be there whilst their players arent allowed to take part.
    agree

but there were going until last year{correct me if i am wrong}ramiz pull out of it due to psl draft i think

i hope they never go unless pak player are allowed

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Rose View Post
    atleast now ramiz will less praises india team and ipl which is cringe worthy

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How insecure are some of the players and celebs who cant take critiscim of their own team, Harsha is normally pretty balanced in their views, you have to take both sides of the coin, simple as that.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rameez but some distance

Bhogle has some substance from time to time. I remember in the 2012 asia cup he was comentating with Wasim and Ramiz and mentioned Haris Sohail as an upcoming batsman. Wasim kept quite, Ramiz said 'Who'

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    807 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    Rameez but some distance

Bhogle has some substance from time to time. I remember in the 2012 asia cup he was comentating with Wasim and Ramiz and mentioned Haris Sohail as an upcoming batsman. Wasim kept quite, Ramiz said 'Who'
    People like Rameez and Shastri are there only for their voice and energy.

They add nothing of value to any discussion.

Rameez goes an extra step and makes a mockery of the whole profession of commentary in the name of analysis.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rameez is just above Athar Ali Khan in the list of worst international commentators.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    People like Rameez and Shastri are there only for their voice and energy.

They add nothing of value to any discussion.

Rameez goes an extra step and makes a mockery of the whole profession of commentary in the name of analysis.
    exactly Ramiz is the icing on the cake which is all well and good but till Bazid Khan pakistan have in recent times not had an commentator who knows about the current state of affairs in Pak cricket. Even Waqar was limited to just the national team, knew little about Domestic Cricket. Wasim is only good when it comes to explaining bowling strategy

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bhogle really isn't that bad of a commentator lol. There are much worse than him.

"Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why bhogle gets ripped apart on PP by so many people. He is not that bad at all. Personally speaking, I like listening to him. He has his own style being a non-cricketer and i respect that.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I dont really think its necessary for a Pakistani to commentate you need to have Pakistani players.

A commentator provides good insight and entertainment and its not necessary his team should be playing.

Like Micheal holding commentating in a Test series in England vs Pakistan or Alan Wilkins commentating in PSL

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk23 View Post
    Rameez is just above Athar Ali Khan in the list of worst international commentators.
    no hes not.

Rameez Raja is a great commentator, he has a great voice and keeps the viewer in the game.

Even Harsha is a great commie

"Life is Pain"
    ~House~

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Rameez but some distance

Unfortunately I hate neoliberalism even more than amateurism. Bhogle lives off corporate welfare by trying to spin yarns about how sport and business are similar.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk23 View Post
    Yes bhogle has faux independence

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    no hes not.

Rameez Raja is a great commentator, he has a great voice and keeps the viewer in the game.

Even Harsha is a great commie
    Bhogle is a neoliberal capitalist groupie of ilk of Thomas Friedman and Niall Ferguson. His schtick consists of crafting idiotic and relatable sophistry for the purpose of selling corporate kool aid

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bhogle is a neoliberal capitalist groupie of ilk of Thomas Friedman and Niall Ferguson. His schtick consists of crafting idiotic and relatable sophistry for the purpose of selling corporate kool aid
    he is a sell out more than an ideologue, but if one can ignore that then i find him more informative then other commies. On a side note I take it you are more closer to Keynesianism

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    he is a sell out more than an ideologue, but if one can ignore that then i find him more informative then other commies. On a side note I take it you are more closer to Keynesianism
    In the long run we're all dead but not Pakistan cricket

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Moscow, Russia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will cost Ramiz the chance to finalise his films cast and crew, apparently casting of Sanjay Dutt and maybe Katrina Kaif in the lead.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what exactly did harsha say about the indian team?

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    atleast now ramiz will less praises india team and ipl which is cringe worthy
    IPL is cringeworthy then who do you deem PSL and BPL and other leagues to be ?
    Atleast leave your personal hatred aside or make an attempt to hide it when you post bud , It is way too apparent when you write. Keep your personal emotions for India aside when debating of cricket , you'll come across more respectable

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah View Post
    what exactly did harsha say about the indian team?
    On the contrary, it was a lack of saying anything. He was praising BD during the Wt20 match against India and Amitabh tweeted about it and then it just got out of control from there.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaf27 View Post
    IPL is cringeworthy then who do you deem PSL and BPL and other leagues to be ?
    Atleast leave your personal hatred aside or make an attempt to hide it when you post bud , It is way too apparent when you write. Keep your personal emotions for India aside when debating of cricket , you'll come across more respectable
    i am talking about bilateral series of pakistan where in the past(glad after first edition of psl he is less vocal

and admirer about ipl)ramiz have tendency to bring indian cricket and ipl from out of nowhere which is what

i am pointing out. he should talk about ongoing series rather than irrelevant topic.

and sir you cannot force any body to like something he don,t, i am not here to

remain in the good books of people and act fake

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am talking about bilateral series of pakistan where in the past(glad after first edition of psl he is less vocal

and admirer about ipl)ramiz have tendency to bring indian cricket and ipl from out of nowhere which is what

i am pointing out. he should talk about ongoing series rather than irrelevant topic.

and sir you cannot force any body to like something he don,t, i am not here to

remain in the good books of people and act fake
    Oh I am not asking you like something bud, I found it quite odd whether the concern you were raising was with IPL or Ramiz commentating in IPL . As far T20 leagues go IPL has been a game changer and remains on top of the podium so I wasn't sure whether you dislike T20 leagues in general.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    How insecure are some of the players and celebs who cant take critiscim of their own team, Harsha is normally pretty balanced in their views, you have to take both sides of the coin, simple as that.
    This is the desi mentality. The best way to prove that you are a patriot is by calling someone a traitor or just imply it in front of others. Amitabh Bachan did the same with Harsha. Even here you will find members who can ridicule others opinions and call them traitors if they do not agree with their opinion.

Tum mujhe bhaga sako aisa ho nahi sakta aur tum mere begair bhaago yeh main hone nahi dunga - Viru

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh I am not asking you like something bud, I found it quite odd whether the concern you were raising was with IPL or Ramiz commentating in IPL . As far T20 leagues go IPL has been a game changer and remains on top of the podium so I wasn't sure whether you dislike T20 leagues in general.
    i don,t care about ipl only wish good luck to it may it prosper more in the future . i was disappointed with

ramiz raja as a comentator in the past but he is doing fine job now for pakistan

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i don,t care about ipl only wish good luck to it may it prosper more in the future . i was disappointed with

ramiz raja as a comentator in the past but he is doing fine job now for pakistan
    Got it ! I'v always liked him as a commentator , I think He is the most recognized face in commentating from Pak

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    This is the desi mentality. The best way to prove that you are a patriot is by calling someone a traitor or just imply it in front of others. Amitabh Bachan did the same with Harsha. Even here you will find members who can ridicule others opinions and call them traitors if they do not agree with their opinion.
    i feel for Harsha that a major celeb like Amitabh Bachan singled him out and hence where harsha was dropped. Harsha is allowed to express his views in a respectful manner if thats how he feels but for some reason thats not allowed. I prefer listenign to his views compared to some abrupt commentators who will do anythign for TRP's. I hope Harsha comes back soon, I like him.

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Full list of commentators for IPL 2017; No Pakistan cricketer in panel

Bengaluru, April 4: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today (April 4) released the list of commentators for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2017.

There is none from Pakistan.

"A panel of elite commentators will be behind the microphone in the 2017 edition of the VIVO IPL bringing to life the colour and flavour of the tournament," BCCI said on Tuesday.

"As many as 20 commentators will be travelling across the country to lend their perspective on the game over the course of 47 days across 10 different venues.

"A few additions to the list along with a blend of veterans are bound to give the cricket loving fan a fine view point of the game from the technical and entertainment aspect," it added.

Former India captains Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri are part of the commentary panel.

Michael Clarke, the former Australian skipper and ex-England captain Kevin Pietersen too are set to give their views on the 10th edition of IPL.

Clarke, who has played in IPL, will make his commentary debut this year. He said, "I have been a part of this tournament as a player and this year I am eager to get behind the microphone and have some fun. Love this place, love the tournament and it is great to be a part of this commentary team."

There are former women cricketers who will be part of the commentary team. "It was a great initiative by the BCCI in 2015 to include women cricketers into the commentary panel," Lisa Sthalekar, former Australia captain said.
    "I had a great time discussing the game with Anjum Chopra, Isa Guha, Melanie Jones and the rest of the commentators and I expect this year's stint with the IPL to be even better," she added.

In previous IPL tournaments, Pakistan's Ramiz Raja, Shoaib Akhtar, Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram were part of commentary panel. But this year there is nobody from Pakistan.

Australia has the highest representation with 7 former cricketers while India has 6. There are 3 from New Zealand, 2 from England and 1 each from West Indies and Zimbabwe.

IPL 2017 will be played from April 5 to May 21. In India, Sony SIX and Sony Max will telecast matches live.

Full list of commentators for IPL 2017

1. Sunil Gavaskar (India)
    2. Ravi Shastri (India)
    3. Sanjay Manjrekar (India)
    4. Laxman Sivaramakrishnan (India)
    5. Anjum Chopra (India)
    6. Murali Kartik (India)
    7. Scott Styris (New Zealand)
    8. Simon Doull (New Zealand)
    9. Danny Morrison (New Zealand)
    10. Michael Hussey (Australia)
    11. Lisa Sthalekar (Australia)
    12. Matthew Hayden (Australia)
    13. Melanie Jones (Australia)
    14. Micheal Clarke (Australia)
    15. Brendon Julien (Australia)
    16. Brett Lee (Australia)
    17. Kevin Pietersen (England)
    18. Isa Guha (England)
    19. Daren Ganga (West Indies)
    20. Pommie Mbangwa (Zimbabwe)

OneIndia News

http://www.oneindia.com/sports/crick...l-2393846.html
    Last edited by MenInG; 4th April 2017 at 12:27.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rameez for sure, sometimes he just wants to get out of the commentary box straight to the ground. Plus Bhogle has better command in English.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rameez for sure, Bhogle has got better command in English and he doesn't fumble too often like Raja.

Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaag Viru Bhaag View Post
    Yeah sure, just like Afridi said something about Indian hospitality last year and people back at home were up in arms. His statement in 2016 was a full 180 turn compared to what he said in 2011 and at that time he won accolades in Pakistan. Oh, so much for desi mentality, eh ?

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    Motown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. IPL should be Pakistan and Pakistani free.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is Kevin Pieterson included in the commentators?
    I thought he refused to be part of IPL Draft as he wanted to be with his family.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Gaur View Post
    Rameez for sure, Bhogle has got better command in English and he doesn't fumble too often like Raja.
    Yes if measured only by that criteria.

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rameez was awful in the current series against WI ....not him please

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    As long as Athar Ali Khan isn't there, the IPL viewers will be just fine.

Hands down one of the worst commentators around.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim is still better , Heck ill listen to Inzi saying aaall de boys than Rameez

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like ramiz Raja, he is a good commentator.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim is still better , Heck ill listen to Inzi saying aaall de boys than Rameez
    Rameez can't be worse than Shastri and Manjrekar, those 2 are probably the worst commentators in the world, so much bias, so many repeated trademark sentences, little to no analysis on the game itself, and trying to make comments about every thing else possible on the ground besides cricket

#InziOut

Debut
    Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Rameez can't be worse than Shastri and Manjrekar, those 2 are probably the worst commentators in the world, so much bias, so many repeated trademark sentences, little to no analysis on the game itself, and trying to make comments about every thing else possible on the ground besides cricket
    Not a big fan of Shastri but Manjrekar isn't as cringeworthy as Rameez though , I'm not sure if you were listening to his stuff against the windies but it was horrible

Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princeuk View Post
    I like ramiz Raja, he is a good commentator.
    Yes a good commentator that embarrasses the nation of Pakistan when foreign players themselves know more about the upcoming talent in Pakistan.

I can guarantee you know Rameez can't name a single player from our A team or U-19 team.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see several women commentators in the list. Would provide relief from idiots like Siva, Danny Morrison, Manjrekar and Hayden.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Calgary, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I as a Pakistani was personally ever treated this way by the neighbors you bet your dollar I would never go back the next year when they do invite you with open arms.

All I need is one slap in the face and nothing can be forgiven but of course Shoaib, Ramiz, Wasim will all be back in India come next year.

Very, very Sad.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendAli View Post
    If I as a Pakistani was personally ever treated this way by the neighbors you bet your dollar I would never go back the next year when they do invite you with open arms.

All I need is one slap in the face and nothing can be forgiven but of course Shoaib, Ramiz, Wasim will all be back in India come next year.

Very, very Sad.
    Perhaps these guys are mature enough to realize that not getting the commentary gig for a year doesn't really amount to a "slap" or "humiliation"? It's professional decision a board made. It can be reversed next year. It's just like a player getting dropped from the team. he can be picked for the next game. Where exactly is the problem here?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Staggered there is no South African on the panel either.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Sydney, Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Gaur View Post
    So is it a slap in the face if he doesn't get to have a gig in the BBL too ?
    If he was part of the BBL for several years previously and was suddenly removed, then yes, it would be a slap on the face. As it happens, he has never been part of the BBL, and so it wouldn't be a slap on the face

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Ramiz. He is corny but oddly enjoyable at times too.

Has Bhogle been given the boot again ?

John 3:16

Debut
    Aug 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypathan View Post
    If he was part of the BBL for several years previously and was suddenly removed, then yes, it would be a slap on the face. As it happens, he has never been part of the BBL, and so it wouldn't be a slap on the face
    Precisely, it's like all of a sudden your not invited anymore when they were in previous years allowed to come.

Debut
    Nov 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think we are lucky Rambo is not representing Pakistan, i cannot think of any other commie who gets players names so badly wrong on a regular basis, very cringeworthy.

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, Kevin Pietersen is annoying as a commie! Him and Laxman Sivaramakrishnan together.....its torture.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bengaluru, April 4: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today (April 4) released the list of commentators for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2017.

There is none from Pakistan.

"A panel of elite commentators will be behind the microphone in the 2017 edition of the VIVO IPL bringing to life the colour and flavour of the tournament," BCCI said on Tuesday.

"As many as 20 commentators will be travelling across the country to lend their perspective on the game over the course of 47 days across 10 different venues.

"A few additions to the list along with a blend of veterans are bound to give the cricket loving fan a fine view point of the game from the technical and entertainment aspect," it added.

Former India captains Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri are part of the commentary panel.

Michael Clarke, the former Australian skipper and ex-England captain Kevin Pietersen too are set to give their views on the 10th edition of IPL.

Clarke, who has played in IPL, will make his commentary debut this year. He said, "I have been a part of this tournament as a player and this year I am eager to get behind the microphone and have some fun. Love this place, love the tournament and it is great to be a part of this commentary team."

There are former women cricketers who will be part of the commentary team. "It was a great initiative by the BCCI in 2015 to include women cricketers into the commentary panel," Lisa Sthalekar, former Australia captain said.
    "I had a great time discussing the game with Anjum Chopra, Isa Guha, Melanie Jones and the rest of the commentators and I expect this year's stint with the IPL to be even better," she added.

In previous IPL tournaments, Pakistan's Ramiz Raja, Shoaib Akhtar, Waqar Younis and Wasim Akram were part of commentary panel. But this year there is nobody from Pakistan.

Australia has the highest representation with 7 former cricketers while India has 6. There are 3 from New Zealand, 2 from England and 1 each from West Indies and Zimbabwe.

IPL 2017 will be played from April 5 to May 21. In India, Sony SIX and Sony Max will telecast matches live.

Full list of commentators for IPL 2017

1. Sunil Gavaskar (India)
    2. Ravi Shastri (India)
    3. Sanjay Manjrekar (India)
    4. Laxman Sivaramakrishnan (India)
    5. Anjum Chopra (India)
    6. Murali Kartik (India)
    7. Scott Styris (New Zealand)
    8. Simon Doull (New Zealand)
    9. Danny Morrison (New Zealand)
    10. Michael Hussey (Australia)
    11. Lisa Sthalekar (Australia)
    12. Matthew Hayden (Australia)
    13. Melanie Jones (Australia)
    14. Micheal Clarke (Australia)
    15. Brendon Julien (Australia)
    16. Brett Lee (Australia)
    17. Kevin Pietersen (England)
    18. Isa Guha (England)
    19. Daren Ganga (West Indies)
    20. Pommie Mbangwa (Zimbabwe)

OneIndia News

http://www.oneindia.com/sports/crick...l-2393846.html
    That's a pathetic lineup except Simon Doull and Isa Guha rest are below average.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come Pietersen is commentating?Didn't he want to spend some time with his family?