Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 124
  1. #1
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,012
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Is Ravindra Jadeja a more effective spinner than Ravi Ashwin?

    Seems so, especially on decks which aren't too conducive to turn.

    Vindicates Dhoni slightly when he used to pick Jadeja over Ashwin in overseas conditions when only one tweaker was required.

    Ashwin is a better batsman though, I'll give him that.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    1,148
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is going through a bad p Ashwin sthase, Jadeja has improved a lot,Ashwin still ahead ..so far

  3. #3
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,089
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, very easily. Looking at him closely this season, nearly every home test, what's clear is that it isn't just his accuracy that gets him wickets. On the flat wickets his pace, spin & accuracy is a deadly trio like no other.

    On turning tracks the pace at which he bowls at, unless the ball is a straighter one or hits the in/outside of the stumps most players will miss the ball. This was very evident in Mumbai & even Nagpur/Pune looking at his returns. With Ashwin you get more time & more variety, so on flatter tracks you get yourself out more often than not, Jadeja gets you out even on flat pitches much more regularly than Ashwin.

    What's also evident is that batters take less chances against Jadeja, look at his ER, not unlike Kumble.
    Last edited by R0H1T; 19th March 2017 at 10:31.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,510
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Compared to an unfit Ashwin, Jadeja is easily superior. Otherwise too, Jadeja is as good.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    14,439
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jadeja reminds of a young Saqain, the magic he creates is similar. I think Ashwin is still carrying the injury or not recovered from his Hernia operation ? He is so out of it in this series.


    "Everything else seems so superfluous." ~ Albert Einstein on the Bhagavad-Gita

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    1,952
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes yes.


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    1,089
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romali_rotti View Post
    Jadeja reminds of a young Saqain, the magic he creates is similar. I think Ashwin is still carrying the injury or not recovered from his Hernia operation ? He is so out of it in this series.
    To be fair to Jadeja even against SA, on turning & flat tracks, he did pick up huge wickets everytime we needed a breakthrough. His wickets of Faf & Amla in first test, ABDV in Bangalore & Nagpur, then a 5fer in Delhi puts him above Ashwin IMO.

    He's easily the best left arm tweaker in the world, probably the best in the last few years, would be great to see him play vs SL away.
    Last edited by R0H1T; 19th March 2017 at 10:35.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    68,293
    Mentioned
    3509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    A fit Ashwin is better than Jadeja, but the latter is world class as well.

    Top 3 Asian spinners at the moment:

    Ashwin
    Herath
    Jadeja

  9. #9
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    1,952
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are like 'Shane warne and Mcgill'. Both are very good and very impact bowlers


    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    4,053
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin sometimes succumbs to pressure and looks blant.

    2012 series in England was one and then this very series, particularly the 2nd match, when the pressure was on, he looked pretty ordinary.

    Jadeja thrives in those situations.

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,510
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In Jadeja's limitations lies his strength. He can stick to a plan much longer, and hence be more consistent because he is doing the same thing over and over again.

    Ashwin in comparison isn't the same. One day he is bowling with a plan, the the next day he tries something completely different. Very hard to stay consistent with such tactics.
    Last edited by Zak_Fan; 19th March 2017 at 10:42.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Ashwin plus Jadeja>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any spin combo of any team currently..

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is an overrated bowler who needs doctored pitches to take wickets. Pitches have been abysmal so far in this series but he still couldn't do a zilch against Aussies who r notorious against spin.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    1,500
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a close contest, but ever since Jadeja won us the 5th Test against England with his 4 wickets in the 5th day post-tea session I have him slightly ahead of Ashwin.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Ashwin plus Jadeja>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any spin combo of any team currently..
    Not many teams play two front line spinners. But for the sake of argument I think herath and sandakan combo will easily outbowl both of them on turning wickets.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,808
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is one overrated cricketer while Jadeja is pretty underrated so yes. Of course, neither of them is as good as Shah in test matches and don't even touch Herath, at least when he was in his prime.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Not many teams play two front line spinners. But for the sake of argument I think herath and sandakan combo will easily outbowl both of them on turning wickets.
    LOLfer.Who is Sandakan?LOL.He just got caned by Bangladesh.

    All asian teamsplay 2 spinners at home.So do every visiting team in Asia.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Ashwin is one overrated cricketer while Jadeja is pretty underrated so yes. Of course, neither of them is as good as Shah in test matches and don't even touch Herath, at least when he was in his prime.
    Yeah the man with a 31 average is better than the guys with ~25 averages.

    And if you bring away averages etc, Ashwin has a better average than Yasir in EVERY country they have both played in. Also Jadeja has a better away average than Yasir's with a 6-fer in South Africa.

    These two are the no 1 ranked bowlers in the world.

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    Yeah the man with a 31 average is better than the guys with ~25 averages.

    And if you bring away averages etc, Ashwin has a better average than Yasir in EVERY country they have both played in. Also Jadeja has a better away average than Yasir's with a 6-fer in South Africa.

    These two are the no 1 ranked bowlers in the world.
    Come back when Ashwin wins you guys a test match in England Or Australia

  20. #20
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,012
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Ashwin is one overrated cricketer while Jadeja is pretty underrated so yes. Of course, neither of them is as good as Shah in test matches and don't even touch Herath, at least when he was in his prime.
    If by Shah you mean Yasir Shah, he is bog average.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Ashwin is one overrated cricketer while Jadeja is pretty underrated so yes. Of course, neither of them is as good as Shah in test matches and don't even touch Herath, at least when he was in his prime.
    Jadeja is underrated? Nah, don't think so. He just fires it in to the batters. If the pitche offers turn he becomes deadly due to his accuracy and speed. But He'll definitely get carted around the park on Australian and African pitches.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Come back when Ashwin wins you guys a test match in England Or Australia
    What kind of argument is this? Firstly Yasir has not won a match in Australia. It was his bowling which allowed Oz quick runs and allowed them to win the Melbourne test. Comapritively Ashwin's economic bowling led to two tests being drawn.

    Also using your argument come back when Yasir wins you a series in WI (something no Pak team has ever done) or a series against NZ/SA etc etc.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Jadeja is underrated? Nah, don't think so. He just fires it in to the batters. If the pitche offers turn he becomes deadly due to his accuracy and speed. But He'll definitely get carted around the park on Australian and African pitches.
    Averages 17 or something in SA.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    If by Shah you mean Yasir Shah, he is bog average.
    Yet won his side two tests in England which Neither Ashwin or Jadeja have been able to do put together

    Id take that mediocrity. All three were terrible in Australia even though Ashwin got a bit better on his second tour

  25. #25
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    What kind of argument is this? Firstly Yasir has not won a match in Australia. It was his bowling which allowed Oz quick runs and allowed them to win the Melbourne test. Comapritively Ashwin's economic bowling led to two tests being drawn.

    Also using your argument come back when Yasir wins you a series in WI (something no Pak team has ever done) or a series against NZ/SA etc etc.
    Haha at Ashwin drawing two tests

    Did he win India two tests in England?

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Come back when Ashwin wins you guys a test match in England Or Australia
    By that argument O'Keefe is better than Murali.Because O'Keefe won its team a test match in India,Murali didnt.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Haha at Ashwin drawing two tests

    Did he win India two tests in England?
    Did Murali win any tests in India??O'Keefe did.

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Yet won his side two tests in England which Neither Ashwin or Jadeja have been able to do put together

    Id take that mediocrity. All three were terrible in Australia even though Ashwin got a bit better on his second tour
    They have been able to win series against NZ and SA, something no Pakistani bowler has been able to do for a great many years now.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Haha at Ashwin drawing two tests

    Did he win India two tests in England?
    Did Yasir win Pakistan series against NZ/SA?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139° N, 77.2090° E
    Runs
    183
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Not many teams play two front line spinners. But for the sake of argument I think herath and sandakan combo will easily outbowl both of them on turning wickets.
    lol Herath and who ?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    They have been able to win series against NZ and SA, something no Pakistani bowler has been able to do for a great many years now.
    *at home though. Never doubted their ability to perform in Asia or WI


    In any case NZ are Pakistans whipping boys. We've won like 3/4 away series there consecutively

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    By that argument O'Keefe is better than Murali.Because O'Keefe won its team a test match in India,Murali didnt.
    That's a straw man and you know it. Irrelevant point to bring up because that's not what the discussion is

    No one doubts ashwins ability in Asia and WI and arguably in favourable conditions he's more dangerous than Yasir I'd admit

    But on Countries which usually are not good touring places for spinners it's a fact that yasir has won his team matches where Ashwin hasn't.

    This is fact and not debatable

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    533
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    *at home though. Never doubted their ability to perform in Asia or WI


    In any case NZ are Pakistans whipping boys. We've won like 3/4 away series there consecutively
    Yeah and Yasir was not able to do that at home even.

    Past doesn't really matter o/w WI would be the best team. Those 3/4 series include Wasim, Waqar, Shoaib etc. Paksitan couldn't defeat them in UAE and were whitewashed in NZ.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    LOLfer.Who is Sandakan?LOL.He just got caned by Bangladesh.

    All asian teamsplay 2 spinners at home.So do every visiting team in Asia.
    So?? Ashwin is also getting smashed around by the Aussies. Don't ignore him just because he's new in international arena. He played a major for srilanka to whitewash Australia.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,510
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Haha at Ashwin drawing two tests

    Did he win India two tests in England?
    Did Ashwin and Jadeja even play 2 tests in England?

    Also... did Ashwin or Jadeja even get the kind of pitches Yasir did in England?

    Ishant has won India a Test match in England too, something NONE of your phaast bowling superstar ever achieved. But we won't call him better than Amir because Indians fans know that a couple of performances on friendly pitches do not change the fact that a bowler has been beyond rubbish in 90% of the matches.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Did Ashwin and Jadeja even play 2 tests in England?

    Also... did Ashwin or Jadeja even get the kind of pitches Yasir did in England?

    Ishant has won India a Test match in England too, something NONE of your phaast bowling superstar ever achieved. But we won't call him better than Amir because Indians fans know that a couple of performances on friendly pitches do not change the fact that a bowler has been beyond rubbish in 90% of the matches.
    Who are these fast bowling superstars who haven't won us a test match in England? Amir, Wahab have in 2010. And don't get started on the stars of yesteryears

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptan View Post
    lol Herath and who ?
    A bowler who decimated the Australian batting lineup with his mystery bowling. Btw how's Ashwin doing on the sand beaches of India, I've heard that aussies haven't been that kind on him so far.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ermmmm...

    This thread is Jadeja Vs Ashwin... Why are you guys bringing other players in? Just talk about Jaddu Vs Ash... simple.... and argue to the point only... who is more effective? donot discuss who is defective ... Cause and effect is important here...

    Thanks Bigly

  39. #39
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,012
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I didn't start this thread for it to descend into insecure sub-continental chaos like this.

    Come on.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    That's a straw man and you know it. Irrelevant point to bring up because that's not what the discussion is

    No one doubts ashwins ability in Asia and WI and arguably in favourable conditions he's more dangerous than Yasir I'd admit

    But on Countries which usually are not good touring places for spinners it's a fact that yasir has won his team matches where Ashwin hasn't.

    This is fact and not debatable
    This is not strawman.This is what your argument of winning a test in Eng by Yasir makes him better than Ashwin looks like.Because using the same argument O'Keefe is better than Murali.Leave that Monty Panesar is better than Murali.he won his team a series in India.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    A bowler who decimated the Australian batting lineup with his mystery bowling. Btw how's Ashwin doing on the sand beaches of India, I've heard that aussies haven't been that kind on him so far.
    15 wickets in the two test matches that have been completed.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,510
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    This is not strawman.This is what your argument of winning a test in Eng by Yasir makes him better than Ashwin looks like.Because using the same argument O'Keefe is better than Murali.Leave that Monty Panesar is better than Murali.he won his team a series in India.
    Hard to make such emotional fans see sense.

    He would never rate Ishant higher than Amir for winning Tests in England, Sri Lanka and WI. But when it comes to Yasir, all the legendary phaintas are forgotten, and all he remembers is "those" two matches.

  43. #43
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    This is not strawman.This is what your argument of winning a test in Eng by Yasir makes him better than Ashwin looks like.Because using the same argument O'Keefe is better than Murali.Leave that Monty Panesar is better than Murali.he won his team a series in India.
    Your argument is out of syllabus. Jadeja Vs Ashwin please...

    Yasir keefe murali panesar strawman noodleman .... are banned from this thread

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    So?? Ashwin is also getting smashed around by the Aussies. Don't ignore him just because he's new in international arena. He played a major for srilanka to whitewash Australia.
    Smashed???

    15 wickets in two completed test matches,including a 6 fer.

    And lol at comparing aussies with BD.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Hard to make such emotional fans see sense.

    He would never rate Ishant higher than Amir for winning Tests in England, Sri Lanka and WI. But when it comes to Yasir, all the legendary phaintas are forgotten, and all he remembers is "those" two matches.
    I have had arguemnts here with people about how Afridi owns India,(Despite avging 50s with the ball and 20s with the bat in ODIs)because he scored a hundred in Kanpur.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    ermmmm...

    This thread is Jadeja Vs Ashwin... Why are you guys bringing other players in? Just talk about Jaddu Vs Ash... simple.... and argue to the point only... who is more effective? donot discuss who is defective ... Cause and effect is important here...

    Thanks Bigly
    Fact is a darter like jaddu has outperformed ash. It just tells u the quality of Ashwin.

  47. #47
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    This is not strawman.This is what your argument of winning a test in Eng by Yasir makes him better than Ashwin looks like.Because using the same argument O'Keefe is better than Murali.Leave that Monty Panesar is better than Murali.he won his team a series in India.
    Ashwin is bog average outside countries with conducive conditions and that is evidenced by his poor record so far. However some posters here want to believe that Ashwin is on some different level to Yasir and that is simply not true.

    And since Yasir actually has role in wins in England which Ashwin never achieved It is laughable to suggest that Ashwin is CLEARLY BETTER than Yasir because he isn't and the mediocre overseas record Ashwin posses reflects that well.

    O Keefe would have been consideredbetter than Murali if his record was great everywhere else like muralis and he was in the conversation to be compared to Murali in the first place

    At the moment both shah and Ashwin are beasts in conditions suited for them so points such as overseas performances enter into the discussion

    I am not even saying Yasir is better than Ashwin and I could come up with many reasons why in different situation Ashwin is the better bowler. However I find this whole premise that is put out by some insecure Indians that it is a done and dusted debate laughable.

  48. #48
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Smashed???

    15 wickets in two completed test matches,including a 6 fer.

    And lol at comparing aussies with BD.
    U aren't reading it right then. When did I compare Australia with BD.

    Sandakan did well against Australia and had a 7fer. Come again
    Last edited by SunRay; 19th March 2017 at 11:28.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    362
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Fact is a darter like jaddu has outperformed ash. It just tells u the quality of Ashwin.
    When a bowler becomes the No.1 in the World, that means he is out-performing every other bowler on the planet. Not just Ashwin. That tells you the quality of all the other bowlers on this planet as well?

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    U aren't reading it right then. When did I compare Australia with BD.

    Sandakan did well against Australia and had a 7fer. Come again
    Jadeja took a 6 fer in the last innings.Already have 2 wickets in the second.Is the numberone ranked bowler in the world.Sandakan isnt fit to tie his shoelaces.

    Poor Lankans.Get rolled over by Bangladesh.LOL.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Ashwin is bog average outside countries with conducive conditions and that is evidenced by his poor record so far. However some posters here want to believe that Ashwin is on some different level to Yasir and that is simply not true.

    And since Yasir actually has role in wins in England which Ashwin never achieved It is laughable to suggest that Ashwin is CLEARLY BETTER than Yasir because he isn't and the mediocre overseas record Ashwin posses reflects that well.

    O Keefe would have been consideredbetter than Murali if his record was great everywhere else like muralis and he was in the conversation to be compared to Murali in the first place

    At the moment both shah and Ashwin are beasts in conditions suited for them so points such as overseas performances enter into the discussion

    I am not even saying Yasir is better than Ashwin and I could come up with many reasons why in different situation Ashwin is the better bowler. However I find this whole premise that is put out by some insecure Indians that it is a done and dusted debate laughable.
    What is Yasir shah's avg in England?

    which countries have Yasir Shah out bowled Ashwin in??

    Yasir Shah avgs 32,Ashwin 25. This after both have played at home and away.Tells you who is better.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Hard to make such emotional fans see sense.

    He would never rate Ishant higher than Amir for winning Tests in England, Sri Lanka and WI. But when it comes to Yasir, all the legendary phaintas are forgotten, and all he remembers is "those" two matches.
    Because the point of discussion is Ashwin vs Yasir and who has done well overseas

    Both are beasts in home conditions and to seperate them you see overseas (outside Asia and wi) performances where spin isn't favoured

    Yasir performances have veered from one extreme to another in such conditions whereas Ashwin has been consistently mediocre though he did improve in Australia in his second tour

  53. #53
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roshanrocks View Post
    When a bowler becomes the No.1 in the World, that means he is out-performing every other bowler on the planet. Not just Ashwin. That tells you the quality of all the other bowlers on this planet as well?
    Yes, it indeed gives me a pretty good idea about the types of wicket India has been dishing out to the touring teams in last 2/3 years.

    I agree with u

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    What is Yasir shah's avg in England?

    which countries have Yasir Shah out bowled Ashwin in??

    Yasir Shah avgs 32,Ashwin 25. This after both have played at home and away.Tells you who is better.
    How many tests has Ashwin won India in Australia and England?

    How many tests has Yasir won Pakistan in Australia and England?

    Averages doesn't matter at this point and winning matches or atleast giving match changing performances does because that's how you look at it.


    Also Yasir is at start of his career. If you compare Ashwin and Yasirs record at similar point of their career as Yasir is in now, Yasir beats him

    The fact is that despite the phainta in Australia Yasir has outperformed Ashwin in non supporting countries by virtue of his role in England wins

  55. #55
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,977
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah averages 31.51


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  56. #56
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    68,293
    Mentioned
    3509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    People can repeat themselves a thousand times but facts are facts. Yasir is nothing special and Ashwin is better than him.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    How many tests has Ashwin won India in Australia and England?

    How many tests has Yasir won Pakistan in Australia and England?

    Averages doesn't matter at this point and winning matches or atleast giving match changing performances does because that's how you look at it.


    Also Yasir is at start of his career. If you compare Ashwin and Yasirs record at similar point of their career as Yasir is in now, Yasir beats him

    The fact is that despite the phainta in Australia Yasir has outperformed Ashwin in non supporting countries by virtue of his role in England wins
    Avgs do matter.They reflect the overall performance and not flash in the pan performances.Just like Monty Panesar and Graeme Swann winning England a test series in India doesnt make them better than Murali.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yasir Shah averages 31.51
    But But But he is better than Ashwin.

    Also Sandakan is better than Jadeja.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Venue
    28.6139° N, 77.2090° E
    Runs
    183
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    A bowler who decimated the Australian batting lineup with his mystery bowling. Btw how's Ashwin doing on the sand beaches of India, I've heard that aussies haven't been that kind on him so far.
    Seems like you have just started watching cricket yesterday
    One bad match for Ashwin and One good match for Sandakan, makes him and Herat better than Jadu-Ash ? Next what ?
    Agakar is better than Sachin because he scored a century in lords ? Try again
    Mystery spinner lol

  60. #60
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People can repeat themselves a thousand times but facts are facts. Yasir is nothing special and Ashwin is better than him.
    Is your second sentence meant as an example for the first one cause you did just that

    Repeating a canned line doesn't make it fact

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People can repeat themselves a thousand times but facts are facts. Yasir is nothing special and Ashwin is better than him.
    Yasir is a good bowler.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    But But But he is better than Ashwin.

    Also Sandakan is better than Jadeja.
    Well considering you agree with mr Hitman just shows your understanding.

    Kumble and Harbhajan especially were trash spinners then

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    19,826
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Well considering you agree with mr Hitman just shows your understanding.

    Kumble and Harbhajan especially were trash spinners then
    If you call someone with 600 test wickets @29 as trash well you can.Freedom of expression.

    Bhajji post 300 wickets was indeed trash.

  64. #64
    Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    3,010
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is Yasir shah being discussed here?

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    68,293
    Mentioned
    3509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    Yasir is a good bowler.
    He is good but nothing special. People are clearly overrating him based on two matches in England, conveniently ignoring he was awful in the two other matches and was also awful in Australia.

  66. #66
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    14,966
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He is getting there,sadly he should had already been there considering the faith shown in him by Indian management nevertheless hopefully he keeps the form.


    In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    68,293
    Mentioned
    3509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Is your second sentence meant as an example for the first one cause you did just that

    Repeating a canned line doesn't make it fact

    Yasir's two good performances in England have been negated by the five poor performances in England (Old Trafford, Edgbaston) and Australia. Ashwin has outperformed him everywhere else, two matches don't make Yasir better.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    People can repeat themselves a thousand times but facts are facts. Yasir is nothing special and Ashwin is better than him.
    Stop playing the devil's advocate, Mamoon. Ashwin isn't that great either.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    239
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on earth ppl overrate Ashwin so much

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    68,293
    Mentioned
    3509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    Stop playing the devil's advocate, Mamoon. Ashwin isn't that great either.
    He is no Warne/Murali but he is better than Yasir. This is my view, not playing anyone's advocate.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,977
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    But But But he is better than Ashwin.

    Also Sandakan is better than Jadeja.
    Away averages matter as long as it doesn't involve the greatest spinner of all time aka Abdul Qadir. It's just an anomaly tat he averages 48 odd away from home. After all, he is better than even Sane Warne since he gave a few tips to Warne at some stage.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,977
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    If you call someone with 600 test wickets @29 as trash well you can.Freedom of expression.

    Bhajji post 300 wickets was indeed trash.
    Doesn't matter if Saqlain averages more than Kumble, and if Kumble has taken more than 600 Test wickets, while Saqlain has taken a little more tan 200 Test wickets.. After all Saqlain was such a talent, it doesn't matter what the end results are, Saqlain is the greatest spinner ever since he was so talented.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  73. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Away averages matter as long as it doesn't involve the greatest spinner of all time aka Abdul Qadir. It's just an anomaly tat he averages 48 odd away from home. After all, he is better than even Sane Warne since he gave a few tips to Warne at some stage.
    Who has said Qadir is better than Warne lol?

    That is like saying Sachin is better than Bradman

  74. #74
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,977
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Who has said Qadir is better than Warne lol?

    That is like saying Sachin is better than Bradman
    A few of your countrymen have, LOL. I can take names even.

    Regardless, most of your countrymen keep singing his praises, expect that at that time it goes out of the window that he averages 48 odd away from home


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    A few of your countrymen have, LOL. I can take names even.

    Regardless, most of your countrymen keep singing his praises, expect that at that time it goes out of the window that he averages 48 odd away from home
    Yes taking alleged comments from a few people should mean it is opinion of the entire commentary. Considering the ridiculous stuff which comes out of India everyday one would think you of all people would have enough sense..

    Some Indians have also said that Zaheer is better than Wasim and there were threads on this around 2008-2011 or so... Should I take opinion of those loonies for every Indian?

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,977
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Yes taking alleged comments from a few people should mean it is opinion of the entire commentary. Considering the ridiculous stuff which comes out of India everyday one would think you of all people would have enough sense..

    Some Indians have also said that Zaheer is better than Wasim and there were threads on this around 2008-2011 or so... Should I take opinion of those loonies for every Indian?
    Not really, they never did. Never, ever!!! Anyways, forget about comparison with Warne (which quite a few posters on PP debated that Qadir was so much better than Warne), the way Pak fans keep singing praises about Abdul Qadir when he averages around 48 odd away from home is enough to make anyone laugh. Even a B-Class bowler like Harbajan averages way better than that away from home


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Not really, they never did. Never, ever!!! Anyways, forget about comparison with Warne (which quite a few posters on PP debated that Qadir was so much better than Warne), the way Pak fans keep singing praises about Abdul Qadir when he averages around 48 odd away from home is enough to make anyone laugh. Even a B-Class bowler like Harbajan averages way better than that away from home
    Just google Zaheer Khan as good as Akram and a few threads on Indian forums pop up

  78. #78
    Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    3,977
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Just google Zaheer Khan as good as Akram and a few threads on Indian forums pop up
    Why should I? You claimed something, it's up to you to prove it and give the links. There are a lot of threads where we Indians mock worthless players like Agarkar and compare them with real great players and insult him till no end in that way.

    Give us such links where you claimed that us Indians were on a serious discussion comparing a joker with a legend like Wasim Akram.


    If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    17,804
    Mentioned
    955 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Why should I? You claimed something, it's up to you to prove it and give the links. There are a lot of threads where we Indians mock worthless players like Agarkar and compare them with real great players and insult him till no end in that way.

    Give us such links where you claimed that us Indians were on a serious discussion comparing a joker with a legend like Wasim Akram.
    I can't share links from other forums here but it's your prerogative to verify that

    Also Zaheer Wasn't a joker by any means

    While he wasn't consistent for long enough he did very well in a 3-4 year period where his team ended up becoming number 1 side and winning World Cup so give him respect

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is having fitness concerns. Also Ashwin is slower through the air. So on roads he is ineffective. If batsmen attack he pulls back his length as well. That is how history has been. If Lilee doesnt get you Thommo will get you, Younis/Akram, Mcgrath/Warne, As long as one of them shows up it is fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •