Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Current Asian team rankings

It won't be very difficult if you start rating the limited overs sides.

ODI ranking IMO:

1. India
    2. Bangladesh
    3. Pakistan
    4. Sri Lanka

But.. Tests become interesting. Pakistan is the only team that has drawn a full overseas tour, and also have been very bad in others.

India hasn't been able to do anything of note overseas, and they've had many more matches/chances to do so as well.

Asia Test ranking:

1. Pakistan
    2. India
    3. Bangladesh
    4. Sri Lanka

How would you rate the sides?

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odis- Agreed
    Tests- Dont think anyone is clear no.1

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    We aren't the best test side overseas. But then neither are Pakistan.

Let's all have a consensus on this:

2. Pakistan/India (or India/Pakistan if it makes you happy)
    3. Lanka
    4. The Desh

I wouldn't write off Lanka too soon. They whitewashed Australia 3-0 just a few months ago, recall.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Pak drew in England and that counts for sth

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

ODI ranking IMO:

1. India
    2. Bangladesh
    3. Pakistan
    4. Sri Lanka

But.. Tests become interesting. Pakistan is the only team that has drawn a full overseas tour, and also have been very bad in others.

India hasn't been able to do anything of note overseas, and they've had many more matches/chances to do so as well.

Asia Test ranking:

1. Pakistan
    2. India
    3. Bangladesh
    4. Sri Lanka

Don't agree. India drew a lot of matches. Pakistan was whitewashed in NZ, SA and Oz. Also Pak won just one more match in Eng away than Ind. Also Ind won in WI where Pak has never won. Also no match loss to Zim etc.

As far as home performances go India's is clear to see. Pakistan failed to defeat NZ and SA in the UAE. There is a reason there is 24 point difference.

According to the ICC rankings Ind is no 1 in all 3 formats and ICC rankings reflects on field results rather than the "feelings" of opinionated fans
    Last edited by geraltofrivia; 19th March 2017 at 10:54.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh is better than Sri Lanka in tests overall? you gotta be kidding me, this test match win was a fluke everybody knows this

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    Don't agree. India drew a lot of matches. Pakistan was whitewashed in NZ, SA and Oz. Also Pak won just one more match in Eng away than Ind. Also Ind won in WI where Pak has never won. Also no match loss to Zim etc.

As far as home performances go India's is clear to see. Pakistan failed to defeat NZ and SA in the UAE. There is a reason there is 24 point difference.

According to the ICC rankings Ind is no 1 in all 3 formats and ICC rankings reflects on field results rather than the "feelings" of opinionated fans
    It's hilarious that ICC rankings are be all and end all for you but six months ago werent

Anyways I do think India are arguably the best test side right now

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The ICC rankings say India is no.1 test team and Pakistan is no.5 .

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Venue
    Mumbai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    It's hilarious that ICC rankings are be all and end all for you but six months ago werent

Anyways I do think India are arguably the best test side right now
    You are just putting word in my mouth according to convenience. I have never said ICC rankings are not be all end all and most prolly most Indians haven't cause Pakistan was no 1 for just 3 weeks in between India being no 1.

Also at the end of Eng series Pakistan was prolly better cause they hadn't lost to NZ, Oz or a test against WI which is reflected in the rankings.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the ODI, and it happened since 2015 3 back to back ODI series wins, not only just any win they were in such convincing manner, no offence to anyone. But, in test, I would say BD is still just behind SL, I mean just. We need to see till end of the year, BD need more test ICC you hear us? BD now need to win a major series at home, done really good since 2012 in test drawn many, many were close, should have won and drawn many more, won few big ones. Need series wins in test now, that's the goal.

Don't forget, SL, cleaned up Aus recently 3-0. But, I do believe BD given a series against WI, NZ, Eng, Aus, in BD now say in the next few months, especially on wickets that BD had for England series, BD will win least 3 of them series and maybe a draw, IMO. But, as I said, BD need more test, So ATM SL are ahead at test. Out of the Asian ranks and in general.
    Last edited by Hasan2K8; 19th March 2017 at 11:03.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    Bangladesh is better than Sri Lanka in tests overall? you gotta be kidding me, this test match win was a fluke everybody knows this
    I agree Lanka are better but fluke?

It takes more than just fluke to be the better side for 5 days especially playing away from home.

Bangladesh won 2 of their last 7 test matches despite being a minnow. Not sure you can call them "flukes". Other matches Bangladesh either took them to the wire or atleast fought till the last day.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at you trying your best to troll.

A test win against SL, in SL, dominating them over 5 days, is no fluke, my friend. You've clearly not watched the game, each session, each day, whole of it.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I agree Lanka are better but fluke?

It takes more than just fluke to be the better side for 5 days especially playing away from home.

Bangladesh won 2 of their last 7 test matches despite being a minnow. Not sure you can call them "flukes". Other matches Bangladesh either took them to the wire or atleast fought till the last day.
    Sri Lanka choked as simple as that, they tried so hard to make Bangladesh win this match as simple as that, anyone who have watched the test will agree to this, Sri Lanka were a horror show, except a few players.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sri Lanka choked as simple as that, they tried so hard to make Bangladesh win this match as simple as that, anyone who have watched the test will agree to this, Sri Lanka were a horror show, except a few players.
    I don't think you even watched the test yourself. Bangladesh played good cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    lol at you trying your best to troll.

A test win against SL, in SL, dominating them over 5 days, is no fluke, my friend. You've clearly not watched the game, each session, each day, whole of it.
    yes, Bangladesh have done nothing extraorinary Sri Lanka served it on a plate, you're just overjoyed becuase you won your first ever test against them. You can't be unbiased that's why calling me a troll.
    Bangladesh have the worst winning rate in their first 100 tests that says something, number dont lie.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    I don't think you even watched the test yourself. Bangladesh played good cricket.
    Nothing special, Sri Lanka choked, this is the side that whitewashed Aus at home.
    I don't think you know cricket, biased opinions for Bengalis will be non stop from you,

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing special, Sri Lanka choked, this is the side that whitewashed Aus at home.
    I don't think you know cricket, biased opinions for Bengalis will be non stop from you,
    Now I don't know about cricket, because I don't agree to your ignorant comment in the first place? lol. Biased opinions from me non stop? another LOL. SL choked, who choked them with the good performance start to finish? and another one, LOL.

You can't fool others, not everyone is ignorant like you.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    The ICC rankings say India is no.1 test team and Pakistan is no.5 .
    ICC's touring schedule also tells me that India have been continuously playing at home for quite some time now. Oh, we can all ignore minnow West indies here.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes I don't know cricket. And I am sure 90 percent of the posters don't then. But atleast the commentators who know cricket and followed the entire would make better judgement. And they believe Bangladesh played excellent.

Now don't tell me an internet warrior like yourself would know better than commentators who played cricket and watched 30 hours of the test match

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol at Pakistan being the best test side from Asia. It's India,Pakistan,SL,BANG in that order. Pakistan just lost a test match against West Indies and then got whitewashed in OZ and NZ.

'There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold'

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U certainly have a no clue about the series, have u? It's Bangla who choked badly, otherwise they could've easily won the series.

They threw all of their wickets on the last day of the first test on a batting belter.

In the 2nd test they were 190/2, then they choked again. Otherwise an innings defeat was on the card for the Lankans.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Herath retires, SL would be equal to Bd. He is the one who tilts on their favor.

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikhil_cric View Post
    Lol at Pakistan being the best test side from Asia. It's India,Pakistan,SL,BANG in that order. Pakistan just lost a test match against West Indies and then got whitewashed in OZ and NZ.
    India lost against A side like Australia at home who were getting whitewashed by other Asian teams for fun. Lol

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan2K8 View Post
    Now I don't know about cricket, because I don't agree to your ignorant comment in the first place? lol. Biased opinions from me non stop? another LOL. SL choked, who choked them with the good performance start to finish? and another one, LOL.

You can't fool others, not everyone is ignorant like you.
    not everyone is as ignorant as Bengali fans acting like they have won a world cup after winnings their first test against Sri Lanka.

You obviously get to see test win once in a blue moon and a win against Sri Lanka had you guys jumping in jubilation, flooding social media with biased opinions about your already below average test side's fluke win.
    Worst winning percentage of any test side's first 100 test = The great Bangladesh test team

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    U certainly have a no clue about the series, have u? It's Bangla who choked badly, otherwise they could've easily won the series.

They threw all of their wickets on the last day of the first test on a batting belter.

In the 2nd test they were 190/2, then they choked again. Otherwise an innings defeat was on the card for the Lankans.
    yeah like Sri Lankan bowling in Asia is a joke right? And Bangali batsmen are Brian Lara's and Pontings who were expected to score big

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not everyone is as ignorant as Bengali fans acting like they have won a world cup after winnings their first test against Sri Lanka.

You obviously get to see test win once in a blue moon and a win against Sri Lanka had you guys jumping in jubilation, flooding social media with biased opinions about your already below average test side's fluke win.
    Worst winning percentage of any test side's first 100 test = The great Bangladesh test team
    Actually that title goes to New Zealand.

Do your research first.

And don't forget Bangladesh got test status when cricket was at it's prime and the weakest test team after Bangladesh went in a self imposed exile for 8 years

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post

Point to be noted.

The Best There Is, the Best There Was, the Best There Ever Will Be

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ODI ranking IMO:

1. India
    2. Bangladesh
    3. Pakistan
    4. Sri Lanka

Asia Test ranking:

1. Pakistan
    2. India
    3. Bangladesh
    4. Sri Lanka

Pretty much agree with this Ranking barring few points. India is still ahead of Pak in test as far as I'm concerned. But ya Pak definable deserve the no 2 spot.

In rest I think sl is better than Pak.

So my Odi ranking will be

1. India
    2. Bangla
    3. Sl
    4. Pak

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Lol at Pakistan better than India in Tests.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah like Sri Lankan bowling in Asia is a joke right? And Bangali batsmen are Brian Lara's and Pontings who were expected to score big
    Again u r making absolutely no sense. U said srilanka choked in both the tests.

I was just pointing out how clueless u were in this regard.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India lost against A side like Australia at home who were getting whitewashed by other Asian teams for fun. Lol
    The thing with the Aussies is that they are fighters. If you have them down, they will quickly get rid of veterans (Voges avg 61.87 etc.), reload with youngsters and come back at you hard. Like they did against SA in the 3rd Test.

Bad performance by Australia does not persist, never believe that they will remain down for long.

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question: What is Sri Lanka going to do moving forward? They just don't have the population base to sustain a long-term world class team. The golden age seems to be over.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Lol at Pakistan better than India in Tests.
    I really need to get them orange tinted shades don't I - seems to be the new hipster trend I suppose

On Point - There is no clear no .1 as far as Test rankings are concerned. The foreign teams are running India close in every game, first England did it and now Australia so this hoopla that the Gor@ teams are getting decimated in the sub con is nothing but pure myth at the moment - Heck even India lost a game to Steven Okeefe of all people

At least when these sides were touring us back in the UAE we would make sure they are beaten black and blue at every nook and corner. Can't say the same about your favorite country though
    Last edited by ahmedwaqas92; 19th March 2017 at 12:28.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Which asian team played this OZ team? Lanka? Didn't they just get beaten by BD at home. Also the OZ team Pakistan faced was quite different back in 2014. Again didn't pakistan just lose a test in the UAe against Windies recently.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    I really need to get them orange tinted shades don't I - seems to be the new hipster trend I suppose

On Point - There is no clear no .1 as far as Test rankings are concerned. The foreign teams are running India close in every game, first England did it and now Australia so this hoopla that the Gor@ teams are getting decimated in the sub con is nothing but pure myth at the moment - Heck even India lost a game to Steven Okeefe of all people

At least when these sides were touring us back in the UAE we would make sure they are beaten black and blue at every nook and corner. Can't say the same about your favorite country though
    It is interesting that Lyon and OKeefe end up with 10fers in the matches in India but can't buy a wicket in UAE

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You mean like the West Indies/Saffer/NZ/SL teams that were whitewashed in the UAE?

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Which asian team played this OZ team? Lanka? Didn't they just get beaten by BD at home. Also the OZ team Pakistan faced was quite different back in 2014. Again didn't pakistan just lose a test in the UAe against Windies recently.
    The Oz team which Pakistan faced had exactly the two same spinners who were beaten black and blue to oblivion

Starc was terrible too but to be fair he wasn't as good then. Johnson did ok.

Smith was good too but Warner surprisingly did well so there's a bonus. Maxwell embarrassed himsef but looked good at start

Point is most personnel who have done well for aus here faced Pak too apart from Hazelwood who was replaced by Mitch

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

England hardly run India close in the recent series. A 4-0 loss is a phainty worth remembering with their captain asked to resign.

Aussies have done brilliant and are by far the best touring side in recent years.But then their team and their preparations weren't same as compared to UAE and SL tours.

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Oz team which Pakistan faced had exactly the two same spinners who were beaten black and blue to oblivion

Starc was terrible too but to be fair he wasn't as good then. Johnson did ok.

Smith was good too but Warner surprisingly did well so there's a bonus. Maxwell embarrassed himsef but looked good at start

Point is most personnel who have done well for aus here faced Pak too
    No Renshaw/Handscomb/Hazlewood/Cummins - what are you talking about? Also Starc really hit his stride only around the time of the World Cup.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    No Renshaw/Handscomb/Hazlewood/Cummins - what are you talking about? Also Starc really hit his stride only around the time of the World Cup.
    Handscomb has hardly set the world alight

And Cummins just returned lol

Point is man to man the sides aren't as wide apart skills wise

Though ofcourse o Keefe worked very hard for this tour and smith and Starc are much more accomplished cricketers

Lol if 6-7 players are same it's a pretty similar lineup or do you think it should be exactly the same lineup!?!?

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    You mean like the West Indies/Saffer/NZ/SL teams that were whitewashed in the UAE?
    The convenience with which you missed the most vital piece of information in my post is adorable Nikhil : - I don't wanna sound condescending but apparently, to my knowledge SL and WI aren't considered 'Gor@' teams. So only SA and NZ have won a game a piece against us in the last 8 YEARS.

We all know the magic zipper SA used to get the job done and the NZ loss was right after the saddening death of Phil - The entire cricketing world was taken by shock and sadness and B.Mac played the most freakish innings ever. The interest in the match was lost way before the result.

Try Again brother !!

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Though ofcourse o Keefe worked very hard for this tour and smith and Starc are much more accomplished cricketers

Lol if 6-7 players are same it's a pretty similar lineup or do you think it should be exactly the same lineup!?!?
    4-5 different players can make quite a difference. Heck OZ were getting battered by SA in the first two tests this summer and with only a couple of changes have looked a much better side since then . In fact, the look extremely good. Pattinson may have only just come back but he has bowled extremely well.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    England hardly run India close in the recent series. A 4-0 loss is a phainty worth remembering with their captain asked to resign.

Aussies have done brilliant and are by far the best touring side in recent years.But then their team and their preparations weren't same as compared to UAE and SL tours.
    Prior to touring UAE aus sent their batsmen to India and hired Murali along with other specific preparations

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how many matches have pakistan won against australia in last 10 years ? and how many tests have india won against austrliya...include draw matches also....if you can provide the data..would be great.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    4-5 different players can make quite a difference. Heck OZ were getting battered by SA in the first two tests this summer and with only a couple of changes have looked a much better side since then . In fact, the look extremely good. Pattinson may have only just come back but he has bowled extremely well.
    Pattinson kahan se agaya Bhai

Point is that the core of this side has all the players who went to UAE

Best performers are: Smith, O Keefe, Lyon, Starc and Hazelwood. 4 out of 5 played in UAE and Johnson more than made up for what Hazelwood is bringing by being best fast bowler from either side

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It is interesting that Lyon and OKeefe end up with 10fers in the matches in India but can't buy a wicket in UAE
    We absolutely mauled them into the ground to be honest. I've been watching cricket for 18 years now and never have I seen us dominate any team ANYWHERE like how we dominated Australia in that 2 match series.

Proper free fund stuff The fact that the lowest top score from No 1-7 was 89 by Asad Shafiq who was probably the only bloke that missed out on a ton Rest of the boys just munched on Aussie bowlers like there was no tomorrow and that 200 by Yk and the 56 ball 100 by Misbah was probably the icing on the cake

Plus that was the debut tour for Yasir which practically started our 18-24 month golden run that helped us reach the Summit

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    india is n.o 1 world team after completing all tours outside india first then in india..and pakistan has also completed both home season and outside pakistan...

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by akki View Post
    how many matches have pakistan won against australia in last 10 years ? and how many tests have india won against austrliya...include draw matches also....if you can provide the data..would be great.
    Lol what is your argument even?!?

India has clearly done best against Australia compared to any Asian side in past 20 years

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    We absolutely mauled them into the ground to be honest. I've been watching cricket for 18 years now and never have I seen us dominate any team ANYWHERE like how we dominated Australia in that 2 match series.

Proper free fund stuff The fact that the lowest top score from No 1-7 was 89 by Asad Shafiq who was probably the only bloke that missed out on a ton Rest of the boys just munched on Aussie bowlers like there was no tomorrow and that 200 by Yk and the 56 ball 100 by Misbah was probably the icing on the cake

Plus that was the debut tour for Yasir which practically started our 18-24 month golden run that helped us reach the Summit
    No kidding

That was the most single sided series I have ever seen including against minnows arguably

Australia just won 1 session in the entire test series and that too is arguable

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

India has clearly done best against Australia compared to any Asian side in past 20 years
    His argument is Dil ki Tasalli - It is futile to debate with common sense sometimes

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The convenience with which you missed the most vital piece of information in my post is adorable Nikhil : - I don't wanna sound condescending but apparently, to my knowledge SL and WI aren't considered 'Gor@' teams. So only SA and NZ have won a game a piece against us in the last 8 YEARS.

We all know the magic zipper SA used to get the job done and the NZ loss was right after the saddening death of Phil - The entire cricketing world was taken by shock and sadness and B.Mac played the most freakish innings ever. The interest in the match was lost way before the result.

Try Again brother !!
    Why are we considering only teams with white players? SL are an Asian team so yeah i can ignore that. But Windies are hardly an Asian team even if they are not white. Pakistan losing a test against them in the UAE counts heavily against them. To put things in perspective, India have not lost a test match against Windies in 15 years. As for Faf's zipper that was in the 2nd innings. Pakistan lost that match to spome superb fast bowling and spin bowling by Steyn and Tahir in the first innings along with some great batting by AB and Smith. Faf's zipper wouldn't have made much difference to the result.

Also, since we are talking about the no.1 test side from Asia, it's worth noting that we never got battered in OZ and NZ like Pakistan did recently. Only in England and against England have Pakistan done considerably better than us. Anyway the Pakistan tour of West indies should tell us more.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i meant to say that india lost a test to australia after 10 years in india almost...they always get whitewash here infact all the teams like south africa ,england, new zealand they hardly win any match here....srilanka never won a test in india.......and india doing well in asia , westindies, zimbawe...so that's why india are deserving best team.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His argument is Dil ki Tasalli - It is futile to debate with common sense sometimes
    thaand rakh bhai...garmiya shuru v ni hui abhi toh...argument yeh hi ki australia se 1 match jo haare use na lao beech me ...10 saal bd haare ek match india me unse...

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yeah we are n.o 1 test team in the world and check your ranking who need tasali....beat zimbawe outside asia first infact outside uae first ok forget in uae first by batting last.......tasali ki hume jrurat ni ....

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yeah we are n.o 1 test team in the world and check your ranking who need tasali....beat zimbawe outside asia first infact outside uae first ok forget in uae first by batting last.......tasali ki hume jrurat ni ....
    They are the #6th ranked Test team currently

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    thaand rakh bhai...garmiya shuru v ni hui abhi toh...argument yeh hi ki australia se 1 match jo haare use na lao beech me ...10 saal bd haare ek match india me unse...
    Gautam Gambir na ban mere jan - Relax Kar, it's just a game bro Anyways if it makes you happy then chalo I'll say it. INDIA ARE THE BEST SIDE IN THE WORLD !!

If only we had a Donald Trump Emoji on PP

Debut
    Sep 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to touring UAE aus sent their batsmen to India and hired Murali along with other specific preparations
    Australians sent their batsmen to Dubai too to train themselves on slow wickets in the training academy.Look at this link and you will get to know how much were they preparing for the Indian tour.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/02/11/1...r-india-series

As far as that tour to UAE is concerned, I think they toured SL an year afterwards and most of their batsmen got exposed there. It was then only that they made a gulf of changes in that side- Renshaw, Marsh, Handscomb, Hazlewood, Maxi.There is absolutely no similarity in the mindset of the side that toured Pak in UAE and the one that toured India in India. 2 years is a big difference and I am surprised you are comparing them even though they made big changes after that loss to SL.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Why are we considering only teams with white players? SL are an Asian team so yeah i can ignore that. But Windies are hardly an Asian team even if they are not white. Pakistan losing a test against them in the UAE counts heavily against them. To put things in perspective, India have not lost a test match against Windies in 15 years. As for Faf's zipper that was in the 2nd innings. Pakistan lost that match to spome superb fast bowling and spin bowling by Steyn and Tahir in the first innings along with some great batting by AB and Smith. Faf's zipper wouldn't have made much difference to the result.

Also, since we are talking about the no.1 test side from Asia, it's worth noting that we never got battered in OZ and NZ like Pakistan did recently. Only in England and against England have Pakistan done considerably better than us. Anyway the Pakistan tour of West indies should tell us more.
    Pakistan has done way better than India in NZ

Infact this was the first time in 20+ years we lost a series to NZ and win there almost every tour

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ab Fan View Post
    Australians sent their batsmen to Dubai too to train themselves on slow wickets in the training academy.Look at this link and you will get to know how much were they preparing for the Indian tour.

http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/02/11/1...r-india-series

As far as that tour to UAE is concerned, I think they toured SL an year afterwards and most of their batsmen got exposed there. It was then only that they made a gulf of changes in that side- Renshaw, Marsh, Handscomb, Hazlewood, Maxi.There is absolutely no similarity in the mindset of the side that toured Pak in UAE and the one that toured India in India. 2 years is a big difference and I am surprised you are comparing them even though they made big changes after that loss to SL.
    Obviously I know they prepared for the Indian tour. I said it in this thread only

I'm just stating a fact that they also put a lot of preparation for UAE tour

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan has done way better than India in NZ

Infact this was the first time in 20+ years we lost a series to NZ and win there almost every tour
    Pakistan has done way better than we have in NZ historically. No one is even questioning that. In fact, you have generally been a better test side than we have but we are talking about the here and the now and our tour of NZ, while bad, was nowhere near as horrendous as Pakistan's.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gautam Gambir na ban mere jan - Relax Kar, it's just a game bro Anyways if it makes you happy then chalo I'll say it. INDIA ARE THE BEST SIDE IN THE WORLD !!

We accept that compliment. But it would have been better if a fan of a better ranked team gave us that compliment. For a fan of a team that's ranked #6 in Test rankings, that holds little value.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Lmao

Also

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    500 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lmao

Also
    We do have THE DONALD on PP

What a win !!

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Current ICC rankings,

Test Format:

1 India
    2 Australia
    3 South Africa
    4 England 50
    5 New Zealand
    6 Pakistan
    7 Sri Lanka

8 West Indies
    9 Bangladesh
    10 Zimbabwe

ODI format:

1 South Africa
    2 Australia
    3 New Zealand
    4 India
    5 England
    6 Sri Lanka
    7 Bangladesh
    8 Pakistan

9 West Indies

T20 Format:

1 New Zealand
    2 India
    3 South Africa
    4 West Indies
    5 England
    6 Pakistan
    7 Australia
    8 Sri Lanka
    9 Afghanistan
    10 Bangladesh

---------------------

T-20 ranks is not meaningful due to it's changing a lot due to teams not playing enough games. In other two formats, India is overrated by PPers in ODI format and underrated in the test format. ICC rankings also reflect that.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will become the number 1 team when India tour SA, Aus and Eng. Pak will have enough series at home to get back to numbner 1. India will drop down after stepping out of their home grounds against the big boys.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In tests India is the no 1 because they have mentally strong players like Pujara, Vijay, Rahul? etc who can perform in crunch situations. Any other team would have crumbled and lost the ongoing match and probably the series too but India came back and came back so well that now they are in a winning situation.

They are the the deserving no 1.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Pakistan is number 2 in tests and number 4 in odis and t20

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No kidding

That was the most single sided series I have ever seen including against minnows arguably

Australia just won 1 session in the entire test series and that too is arguable

True bros true.

And look at the posts above! When Pak reached No.1 ranking, they were all like "but but but ICC rankings don't matter!"

"rankings are unfair and doesn't portray a true picture".

Look all the posts quoting ICC RANK. Do the rankings show how India has been poorer than Pakistan overseas?

They even lost to Australia at home just now! The team that's been getting manhandled by us, and other Asian sides.

You can make an argument for "There's no clear number 1 in Tests".

But.... quoting ICC rankings to say India > Pak?

At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will become the number 1 team when India tour SA, Aus and Eng. Pak will have enough series at home to get back to numbner 1. India will drop down after stepping out of their home grounds against the big boys.
    Basically this.

They're the whipping boys of teams overseas. And now, even at HOME.. after.. above all.. Aus beat them.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering both odi and tests, this should be the Ranking

1. India

2. Bangla

3. Pakistan

4. Sri Lanka

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    513 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Considering both odi and tests, this should be the Ranking

1. India

2. Bangla

3. Pakistan

4. Sri Lanka
    OK, so ODIs > Tests?

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically this.

They're the whipping boys of teams overseas. And now, even at HOME.. after.. above all.. Aus beat them.
    let the haters enjoy their cupcakes and let them laugh at Pak all they want, just wait till India step outside of their comfort zone against the big boys, then we will laugh at their misery.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan outperformed India in England, but India did much better in NZ, WI, England and Australia. India is also more dominant than Pakistan at home.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically this.

Other than England, India has done better than Pakistan on all its previous away tours. Following are the results

England
    India lost 1-3 (5)
    Pakistan drew 2-2 (4)
    Pakistan wins

Australia
    India lost 0-2 (4)
    Pakistan lost 0-3 (3)
    India wins

South Africa
    India Lost 0-1 (2)
    Pakistan last 0-3 (3)
    India wins

NZ
    India lost 0-1 (2)
    Pakistan lost 0-2 (2)
    India wins

WI
    India won 2-0 (4)
    Pakistan drew 1-1 (2)
    India wins

Zim
    India won 2-0 (2)
    Pakistan drew 1-1(2)
    India wins

So, really we have outperformed Pakistan in each tour except the England tour.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)

Our dominance in UAE is a myth. Apart from the Australian series, all overseas teams have competed very well. Besides, the pitches in India are actually more difficult than the pitches in the UAE. The performance of the Australian spinners in India vs their performance in the UAE shows that, but still we have been floored by various spinners in the UAE.

India is a better team than Pakistan in all three formats in all three disciples - batting, bowling and fielding.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    Other than England, India has done better than Pakistan on all its previous away tours. Following are the results

England
    India lost 1-3 (5)
    Pakistan drew 2-2 (4)
    Pakistan wins

Australia
    India lost 0-2 (4)
    Pakistan lost 0-3 (3)
    India wins

South Africa
    India Lost 0-1 (2)
    Pakistan last 0-3 (3)
    India wins

NZ
    India lost 0-1 (2)
    Pakistan lost 0-2 (2)
    India wins

WI
    India won 2-0 (4)
    Pakistan drew 1-1 (2)
    India wins

Zim
    India won 2-0 (2)
    Pakistan drew 1-1(2)
    India wins

You know what's coming next. Pitches were flat when India played but difficult when Pakistan played. Also, it should be noted that England had injuries to the likes of Anderson and Stokes during the Pakistan series. Stokes played 1 match only, while Anderson was below his best because of the shoulder injury he suffered before the first Test. He was at his imperious best vs Sri Lanka, but his pace and swing was down against Pakistan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    It is interesting to see that the chest thumping of Pakistani fans has not died after losing 6 consecutive Tests, including one in the UAE vs West Indies. It doesn't get worse than that.

Debut
    May 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

True bros true.

And look at the posts above! When Pak reached No.1 ranking, they were all like "but but but ICC rankings don't matter!"

"rankings are unfair and doesn't portray a true picture".

Look all the posts quoting ICC RANK. Do the rankings show how India has been poorer than Pakistan overseas?

They even lost to Australia at home just now! The team that's been getting manhandled by us, and other Asian sides.

You can make an argument for "There's no clear number 1 in Tests".

But.... quoting ICC rankings to say India > Pak?
    If India is #1 and Pakistan is #2, then the rankings aren't necessarily the best indicator. But if there is a difference of more than 3-4 spots, the rankings do show which team is better.

Basically this.

I prefer losing against Australia over losing against WI at home.
    Last edited by Sachin136; 19th March 2017 at 15:43.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post

England
    India lost 1-3 (5)
    Pakistan drew 2-2 (4)
    Pakistan wins

Australia
    India lost 0-2 (4)
    Pakistan lost 0-3 (3)
    India wins

South Africa
    India Lost 0-1 (2)
    Pakistan last 0-3 (3)
    India wins

NZ
    India lost 0-1 (2)
    Pakistan lost 0-2 (2)
    India wins

WI
    India won 2-0 (4)
    Pakistan drew 1-1 (2)
    India wins

Zim
    India won 2-0 (2)
    Pakistan drew 1-1(2)
    India wins

Hilarious that we're reduced to the point of arguing that 0-2 is better than 0-3.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Vijay < Azhar
    Rahul > Sami/Hafeez/Shehzad/Masood
    Pujara > Babar
    Kohli > Younis
    Rahane > Misbah
    Nair < Shafiq (at the moment, Nair could prove to be better in the future)
    Saha < Sarfraz
    Ashwin > Yasir (even if we ignore Ashwin's batting. If we don't, it is a no-contest)
    Jadeja > Zulfiqar/Nawaz
    Shami > Amir (some people will get foam in their mouths, but Amir has been poor in Tests)
    Yadav/Ishant > Wahab

8-3 India

No point in even establishing a comparison in ODIs and T20Is, because it will be completely embarrassing.