Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Would this Bangladesh team beat Pakistan?

I would say yes in tests at home, not sure in UAE but they would get close. In ODI cricket, yes in most conditions bar on seaming tracks and T20, the 2 sides are pretty much equal. The main thing to note is that BD are producing young batsman with real talent but PK as ever are turning to persistent failures, who will either fail straight away or will fail in the first real test and another year is wasted. We saw a talented bat in Saif Badar in the U19 WC and where is he now?

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Would they beat Australia later in the year is the more pertinent question.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3698 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Pakistan vs Bangladesh will be very close in all formats everywhere. They have improved in Tests while we have regressed, and although they thumped us in ODIs in 2015, we are a better unit now. However, with the way things are going, I expect Bangladesh to overtake Pakistan in all three formats in a few years. In a decade or so, they will most probably be the second best Asian team after India. The future is bleak for both Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    ODIs will beat in bang and would be even in UAE with series going to anyone

Don't think they can beat us anywhere in tests at the moment.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    None of the current players of Australia played a test in Bangladesh ever so it will be tough for them. None of them have played much ODIs either.

Let's see how thry adjust to the wickets here

Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    The chance of wining test at home for bd against aus is very much higher than winning test against Pak.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    ODIs and T2OIs yes they could.

Tests I would still expect Pakistan to win. But give it 2 years and they will more than likely be a real challenge for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    The chance of wining test at home for bd against aus is very much higher than winning test against Pak.
    How far Bangladesh have come.

Next tour for England in BD will end in defeat for England.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    None of the current players of Australia played a test in Bangladesh ever so it will be tough for them. None of them have played much ODIs either.

Let's see how thry adjust to the wickets here
    I'd expect Australia to win the ODIs in BD, and I wouldn't be surprised if BD caused a shock in Tests. Put on rank turners and the Aussies will collapse.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think in terms of ability Bangladesh is on par or even ahead of Pakistan. However, there is still a mental weight that Bang carries when they play Pak, and they need to beat them comprehensively to get the monkey off their back.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats an over reaction. In fantasy cricket, may be.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Bangladesh, Pakistan will be whitewashed in all formats.

In UAE, Bangladesh will lose the Test Series but will win the Odi and T20 Series.

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    A series at this point would surely be interesting !!

They would win the ODIs in Bangladesh while they would run us close in the UAE for sure.

In T20s it's anyone's game however, I'd expect them to win in Bangladesh and we'll edge out in UAE (marginally)

In tests, we'll beat them black and blue - Doesn't really take an Einsteinesque brain to come to this conclusion. A line up of YK, Azhar, Shafiq, Babar and Sarfarz - Good luck in dismissing these lot with your spinners while even a demoralized Yasir with Amir and 1 more spinner (preferably Asghar or Usama) should be enough to get the job done on both venues.
    Last edited by ahmedwaqas92; 19th March 2017 at 12:21.

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Guwahati, Assam
    Runs
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course not in Tests, now way.

If there is a better batsman than Sachin then he hasn’t arrived yet: Viv Richards

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Pakistan vs Bangladesh will be very close in all formats everywhere. They have improved in Tests while we have regressed, and although they thumped us in ODIs in 2015, we are a better unit now. However, with the way things are going, I expect Bangladesh to overtake Pakistan in all three formats in a few years. In a decade or so, they will most probably be the second best Asian team after India. The future is bleak for both Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
    Pretty much this. But Pak have improved in Odis, now they r way better in limited overs Cricket than they were when they lost that odi series against Bangla. An odi series will be evenly contested.

But Pak is still a damn good test side. No way Bangla can beat Pak in test. At least not in next 4/5 years.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Napa View Post
    I think in terms of ability Bangladesh is on par or even ahead of Pakistan. However, there is still a mental weight that Bang carries when they play Pak, and they need to beat them comprehensively to get the monkey off their back.
    I am speaking totally dispassionately and I cannot just fathom how anyone with a working understanding of cricket and the two teams could think Bangladeah can beat Pakistan in tests

Do you seriously think on Asian pitches younis Khan, Azhar etc are even remotely going to get out cheap to whoever lines up from Bangladesh

I'd bet the perennial minnow basher Hafeez will also line his pockets with a few centuries

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javiersuka View Post

In UAE, Bangladesh will lose the Test Series but will win the Odi and T20 Series.
    I like Bangla team. I really do. But let me be honest here. Bangla will need 10 days to take 20 pak wickets.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IN ODI? Yes.
    IN T20? Maybe.
    In Tests? No way.

A Pakistan V Bangladesh series would be very interesting now even in the UAE! I don't get why the PCB never approaches BD to play a few matches in the UAE instead of less exciting sides like SL.

They have better batsmen but we still have better bowlers in general. It really could be an entertaining ODI serie!

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Younis alone is enough to make few Bangla bowlers retire from test cricket

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by javiersuka View Post

This is just fantasy at this point

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Even when Bangladesh whitewashed Oakistan in ODIs, they could not win either of the test and that was in Bangladesh.

Surprised not to see a similar thread when Afghanistan beat Ireland.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar Ali will score triple tons, we let tailenders score 100+ runs so imagine what Pakistani legends will do to our bowlers

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think younis can literally make some Bangladeahi bowlers cry

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Almere, Netherlands
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azhar, Asad, Babar, Sarfraz and even Misbah who is out of form atm would be licking their lips thinking about playing against BD in UAE.
    If Asad and Younis can score a century against Australia and England and Azhar even a double century, imagine what they would do against bangladeshi bowlers.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Azhar ali has centuries in England and Australia, imagine what he could to Bangladesh bowlers . Younis and Asad could also pad there stats up.

In odis they would give us a good game.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Not in tests

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    I am speaking totally dispassionately and I cannot just fathom how anyone with a working understanding of cricket and the two teams could think Bangladeah can beat Pakistan in tests

Do you seriously think on Asian pitches younis Khan, Azhar etc are even remotely going to get out cheap to whoever lines up from Bangladesh
    Younis is well past his prime, Azhar is the one decent Pakistani batsman. Bangladeshi bowlers like Shakib, Mustafiz, Mehedi, Roy and Taijul should be able to get the rest out. Bangladeshi batting is volatile and prone to collapses, but when it clicks it can put up big scores. So yes, with a more than a "working understanding" of cricket I would say that Bangladesh is definitely capable of beating Pakistan.

Pakistan has really been starved of new talent the past few years, that is why they keep recycling old-timers like Misbah and Younis.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SunRay View Post
    I like Bangla team. I really do. But let me be honest here. Bangla will need 10 days to take 20 pak wickets.
    Is the Pakistani Test batting so much better than SL Test batting? The answer is no, you are overestimating the Pakistani batsmen here. None has been impressive in recent times other than Azhar and the soon to be over-the-hill YK.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BD seems to be producing better cricketers than Pak. It's only a matter of time before they overtake Pak.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Younis is well past his prime, Azhar is the one decent Pakistani batsman. Bangladeshi bowlers like Shakib, Mustafiz, Mehedi, Roy and Taijul should be able to get the rest out. Bangladeshi batting is volatile and prone to collapses, but when it clicks it can put up big scores. So yes, with a more than a "working understanding" of cricket I would say that Bangladesh is definitely capable of beating Pakistan.

Pakistan has really been starved of new talent the past few years, that is why they keep recycling old-timers like Misbah and Younis.
    Younis scored 175* in his last match which was in Australia

Younis Khan maybe past his prime but a past it Younis Khan in Asia is better than any Bangladeshi batsman in Asia in their history

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'd be surprised if they would even win a session in Asian conditions against us anywhere in the Subcon or U.A.E. Our last 6 games have really made people underestimate how good we really are in our own conditions. SL who decimated the Aussies and have drawn with Bangladesh were toppled 2-1 by us in their own home just 16-18 months ago.

Also the last time we toured them with a bacha team, we beat them 1-0 and that was probably one of the worst transitions we were going through at that time. Right now, I'd say even Hafeez, Shehzad would absolutely decimate any bowling lineup that Bangladesh might put up anywhere on the globe in Tests.

ODIs and T20s are the different story though !!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1000 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Is the Pakistani Test batting so much better than SL Test batting? The answer is no, you are overestimating the Pakistani batsmen here. None has been impressive in recent times other than Azhar and the soon to be over-the-hill YK.
    You are seriously underestimating Pakistan batting mate esp in Asia

They'll be ducks in South Africa and New Zealand if there are green pitches but not here

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    SMCHS, Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good Gosh Man folks here are really underestimating us in test aren't they !!! 2 bad overseas tours after a golden run of 3 years and people just assume we have forgotten how to hold a bat and play cricket

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    777 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shah in bowling and Yuni bhai in batting are enough for BD.

They will whip us in ODIs unless we start playing a more updated form of cricket. T20s could go either way.

Inzi is the best selector in the world

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    There's not one Sri Lankan Test batsman who'd get into our lineup right now bar maybe Kusal Mendis. They don't have a settled opening pair and the middle order remains fragile especially without Mathews. We beat Sri Lanka away in 2015 and last year's tours of England showed Pakistan's batting held up better than their Lankan counterparts in English conditions. Even in the Australia whitewash our batting was generally still able to put up decent totals, it was the toothlessness of the bowling that cost us.

Its easy to give in to short term memory and jump on the bandwagon of critics after what admittedly has been a terrible recent run of results - but before that Pakistan had gone unbeaten in 7 Test series for only the second time since the 1980s. Our Test side still has the quality to beat Bangladesh home and away. As much as I'm delighted for Bangladesh's progress, their bowling still needs to prove it can take 20 wickets on a consistent basis. Their batting is also liable to collapses.

Now LOIs are a different matter and think Bangladesh would beat us not only at home but have a great chance of doing so in the UAE.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It appears that they next time Pakistan plays Bangladesh is 2019 according to this:

http://www.cricschedule.com/ftp/team/pakistan.html

Wonder why such a long gap? These two teams should certainly be playing each other more.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. For this to happen we need another fast bowler and captaincy change and few Pakistani players to retire.
    Last edited by BD-fan; 19th March 2017 at 14:05.

Forgive when you are on top. Don't you want to be forgiven?

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no way, Pakistan is a beast team in test.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    One team on the rise and another in decline.

Fully expect Pakistan's Test ranking to be similar to their ODI ranking in the coming couple of years.
    Last edited by Saj; 19th March 2017 at 14:18.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No chance.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It is possible. A classical Pakistani collapse on a good pitch (like one against WI) will give them a chance to sneak away with match.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BD-fan View Post
    No. For this to happen we need another fast bowler and captaincy change and few Pakistani players to retire.
    I think Bangladesh is certainly lacking in belief when it comes to playing Pakistan, however their young players are mentally getting stronger. Though they got hammered by India, there were definitely a few bright spots in both their bowling, batting and competitiveness.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can't wait for for the next test series, Pakistan will defeat them for sure, Azhar and Yasir will be too much for them. And now that Sarfraz is the captain of limited overs, and a better team also, Pakistan can win in all formats, Sarfraz will make the guys fight on the pitch, espeically the youngsters.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    One team on the rise and another in decline.

Fully expect Pakistan's Test ranking to be similar to their ODI ranking in the coming couple of years.
    I agree with you that BD are on the up and PK has stagnated and with the paucity of talent in pace bowling and batting come through, the change in positions will come pretty soon. In PK cricket there is no strategic thinking and hence young players especially batsman are not identified or played.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedwaqas92 View Post
    I'd be surprised if they would even win a session in Asian conditions against us anywhere in the Subcon or U.A.E. Our last 6 games have really made people underestimate how good we really are in our own conditions. SL who decimated the Aussies and have drawn with Bangladesh were toppled 2-1 by us in their own home just 16-18 months ago.

Also the last time we toured them with a bacha team, we beat them 1-0 and that was probably one of the worst transitions we were going through at that time. Right now, I'd say even Hafeez, Shehzad would absolutely decimate any bowling lineup that Bangladesh might put up anywhere on the globe in Tests.

ODIs and T20s are the different story though !!
    Don't go overbroad with ur rant. Pakistan test team is in decline. Bangla will compete really well in tests against Pak no matter where it's played.

We've all watched Pak's performance in newzealand against NZ. We've also watched Bangla's performance against the very same nation. Anybody who've watched both the series will say that Bangla have throughly outperformed Pak in NZ.

YES Pak did well against Lanka but don't forget the fact that Pak was also on the verge of losing the first test and finally lost the 3rd one against a borderline minnow like West indies in UAE.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BDs odi team will beat most teams and we saw a hint of it when they defeated us, Indians and Saffers at home.

I have mentioned somewhere before that skill wise they are good but their problem is mental. They haven't finished many matches which they should have.

Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

Debut
    Feb 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Until we get rid of dead woods like Misbah, Shafiq, Rahat, Imran we will loose the test series 3-0.
    One day it will be 1-2
    T20 1-1

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pakistan are still a formidable opponent in tests. But I think it will be a good contest regardless.

I wonder when Pakistan will invite us to the UAE. Don't tell me teams like Srilanka and West Indies are as profitable as hosting bangladesh

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Have you ever seen Younis, Misbah and Asad struggle in spinning conditions? Because I don't really remember an instance. Add to that top order, Sarfraz coming below and scoring freely to usually at least 40 and hopefully more. SL only have Mattews and to an extent, Chandimal who are consistent.

Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Shah in bowling and Yuni bhai in batting are enough for BD.

They will whip us in ODIs unless we start playing a more updated form of cricket. T20s could go either way.
    Correct. I don't think Bangla has the bowling attack to dismiss batters like younis or azhar on dead wickets of UAE. Anyway, a series between Pak and Bangla will be really competitive.

And no, pak have improved in Odis in last couple of years. Don't really think that Bangla will easily beat Pak in LOIs. Again, we need a damn series to get these answers.

Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't go overbroad with ur rant. Pakistan test team is in decline. Bangla will compete really well in tests against Pak no matter where it's played.

We've all watched Pak's performance in newzealand against NZ. We've also watched Bangla's performance against the very same nation. Anybody who've watched both the series will say that Bangla have throughly outperformed Pak in NZ.

YES Pak did well against Lanka but don't forget the fact that Pak was also on the verge of losing the first test and finally lost the 3rd one against a borderline minnow like West indies in UAE.
    in Asia it's a different ball game for Pak, @ahmedwaqas92 absolutely right
    Pakistan's batting record in Asia has been the best in the last few years, ofcourse you will not see it because you're Indian but I can understand it and don't ecpect you to say even 1 positive thing about Pak, stats be damned. Yasir is capable of running through their line up. He'll be hungry now.
    Even with the current team Pak will easily beat Bangladesh doesn't matter in UAE or in Bangladesh.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan will win and not sure why there is doubt about it. Pakistan is very good team in Asia and games will be played in Asia between these teams.

"If this happens I will swim across the Charles River! In winter!" -- OZGOD on NZ batting 6 sessions

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen4 View Post
    in Asia it's a different ball game for Pak, @ahmedwaqas92 absolutely right
    Pakistan's batting record in Asia has been the best in the last few years, ofcourse you will not see it because you're Indian but I can understand it and don't ecpect you to say even 1 positive thing about Pak, stats be damned. Yasir is capable of running through their line up. He'll be hungry now.
    Even with the current team Pak will easily beat Bangladesh doesn't matter in UAE or in Bangladesh.
    Pak drew a series against newzealand in UAE, so did Bangla. Pak drew against saffers in UAE, so did Bangla. They have improved leaps and bounds in cricket(yes it includes tests too) in last couple of years.

If u think that yasir will run through the batting line up of Bangla then u my friend have no clue about Bangla batters ability against spin bowling.

Herath, sandakan and Perera all three r no mug with the ball and Bangla batters have negotiated all of them quite successfully in the recently finished series.

The only concern for Bangla is their bowling against Asian teams which has good players of spin since they rely heavily on spin to bowl out the opposition.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    659 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    once YK and Misbah go it will get close. But atm i think we would beat Ban in Tests in UAE or Ban

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    No chance.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What are you smoking?

We won 1 T20 and lost the ODI games 2-0, it could have easily been 1-1 in one of the games. Bangladesh were destroyed. We also won a game in Australia, there is no chance they ever would have.

Outperformed and that too thoroughly....

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some Indian and Bangladeshi fans really need to grow up. They are acting like Pakistan is going to play with Bangladesh in NZ or Australia.

The same Yasir they call "mediocre" averages below 25 in Asia and has dismantled much stronger teams just like Ashwin is doing on his home grounds and being hailed as the Bradman of bowling.

Over the hill Younis averages 60+ in Asia in the last 2 years. Azhar averages 70+. Asad averages 50+. Sarfraz averages 48+ and even Hafeez averages close to 60. Not to forget Sami has a good record even overseas and Shehzad averages 50+ in Asia. Then, Pakistan also has Babar Azam who is better than any current Bangladeshi batsman.

In ODIs, Bangladesh will probably beat Pakistan. In T20s, there is a 50-50 chance. In tests, Bangladesh has no chance of beating Pakistan. Even, when Bangladesh whitewashed Pakistan in an ODI series in Bangladesh, they still lost the test series.

Pakistan has not lost a test series in the UAE for like 5 years now and that includes teams like England, Australia, NZ, and SA. Only a mentally challenged person can think that Bangladesh has any chance of beating Pakistan in a test series.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Pakistan and Bangladesh are not playing in NZ. Pakistan beat Bangladesh fair and square last time in a test series that was played in Bangladesh but hey, let's just forget it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Pak drew a series against newzealand in UAE, so did Bangla. Pak drew against saffers in UAE, so did Bangla. They have improved leaps and bounds in cricket(yes it includes tests too) in last couple of years.

If u think that yasir will run through the batting line up of Bangla then u my friend have no clue about Bangla batters ability against spin bowling.

Herath, sandakan and Perera all three r no mug with the ball and Bangla batters have negotiated all of them quite successfully in the recently finished series.

The only concern for Bangla is their bowling against Asian teams which has good players of spin since they rely heavily on spin to bowl out the opposition.
    Again, what are you smoking?

Bangladesh played South Africa in two Tests in BD. The first Test had rain in 3/5 days. The second days had rain in FOUR out of five days, with barely 88 overs played in the entire match. How on earth is this in anyway comparable to a 1-1 between Pak/SA in UAE?

Talk about blind hatred.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakpak View Post

Bangladesh played South Africa in two Tests in BD. The first Test had rain in 3/5 days. The second days had rain in FOUR out of five days, with barely 88 overs played in the entire match. How on earth is this in anyway comparable to a 1-1 between Pak/SA in UAE?

Talk about blind hatred.
    Again it's Bangla who were unlucky, otherwise they would'nt have to wait till England Series to announce their emergence in test cricket.

Saffers were under the pump in the first test and coceaded lead even after batting first. So its South Africa who got lucky, otherwise they would've received the similar thrashing they got in Odis. Don't know why should we discard that series.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about blind hatred.
    OH, another thing. Where did u get that hatred thingy. Just because I said Pak vs Bangla series will be competitive, I m a blind hater? Good logic pal.
    Last edited by SunRay; 19th March 2017 at 16:58.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Pakistan and Bangladesh are not playing in NZ. Pakistan beat Bangladesh fair and square last time in a test series that was played in Bangladesh but hey, let's just forget it.
    I'm not forgetting anything. Pakistan is a good test team in Asian conditions. Of course Pak won that test series against Bangla fair and square. Can't remember where did I disagree with that point.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Again it's Bangla who were unlucky, otherwise they would'nt have to wait till England Series to announce their emergence in test cricket.

Saffers were under the pump in the first test and coceaded lead even after batting first. So its South Africa who got lucky, otherwise they would've received the similar thrashing they got in Odis. Don't know why should we discard that series.
    OH, another thing. Where did u get that hatred thingy. Just because I said Pak vs Bangla series will be competitive, I m a blind hater? Good logic pal.
    First Test, almost 2-3 days were rained out and SA ended the game at 61/0. How on earth is that ''under the pump''? The second Test was almost entirely rained out with only ONE day possible. From these two Tests how on earth did you summarise that ''SA would have received a thrashing''. On what basis did you make that point? Then you're comparing two completely rained out Tests to two fully completed games with one win for Pakistan/SA, how are the two series even remotely comparable?

Then you make the equally astounding NZ/BD, NZ/Pak comparison. Both lost 2-0 in Tests and were beaten black and blue, both lost in ODIs, but Pak atleast won one T20 while BD lost all 3. How on earth is that ''BD thoroughly out-performing Pakistan''?

Both of your posts howis that not utterly dumb or showing blind hatred? Perhaps you're the one who should look up the definition of ''logic''.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you smoking?

We won 1 T20 and lost the ODI games 2-0, it could have easily been 1-1 in one of the games. Bangladesh were destroyed. We also won a game in Australia, there is no chance they ever would have.

Outperformed and that too thoroughly....
    Bangla have outplayed Pakistan against NZ in NZ. Any sane person who've watched both the series will agree with me. They did really well in both the tests but couldn't close them off due to their lack of experience in longer format.

Then Again, u've every right to disagree with me. I'm not forcing u. But facts will remain as facts

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Test, almost 2-3 days were rained out and SA ended the game at 61/0. How on earth is that ''under the pump''? The second Test was almost entirely rained out with only ONE day possible. From these two Tests how on earth did you summarise that ''SA would have received a thrashing''. On what basis did you make that point? Then you're comparing two completely rained out Tests to two fully completed games with one win for Pakistan/SA, how are the two series even remotely comparable?

Then you make the equally astounding NZ/BD, NZ/Pak comparison. Both lost 2-0 in Tests and were beaten black and blue, both lost in ODIs, but Pak atleast won one T20 while BD lost all 3. How on earth is that ''BD thoroughly out-performing Pakistan''?

Both of your posts howis that not utterly dumb or showing blind hatred? Perhaps you're the one who should look up the definition of ''logic''.
    Looks like u have a habit of losing ur patience. But yes, I can understand ur frustration my friend.

I hope u do know the difficulties of batting in fourth innings in Asian conditions? Right? Considering the way saffers got destroyed in LOIs and conceded a pretty good lead even after batting first on a spin friendly wicket, its quite logical to assume that they would've surely struggled in that match but got away due to bad weather.

My problem is the way u r trying to discard that series. And about NZ series, I think if u have time u can watch the highlights of both the Pak-Nz, Bd-Nz series. I think u r intelligent enough to see which team performed better against NZ in NZ.

Don't know why r u bringing t20 reasults. I was solely talking about tests.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Bangla have outplayed Pakistan against NZ in NZ. Any sane person who've watched both the series will agree with me. They did really well in both the tests but couldn't close them off due to their lack of experience in longer format.

Then Again, u've every right to disagree with me. I'm not forcing u. But facts will remain as facts
    Did you check the scorecards?

Other than one innings they were absolutely thrashed. Their scores were 580, 173, 289, 160. While Pakistan did not make 500, we crossed 200 all times and got NZ out for less than 300 twice. Which BD were not even close to managing.

ODIs both lost all matches. T20Is we lost 2-1. BD lost 3-0.

How is all of this out-performing, I ask you again? You're right, facts will remain facts. Though you don't know the definition of the word fact.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looks like u have a habit of losing ur patience. But yes, I can understand ur frustration my friend.

I hope u do know the difficulties of batting in fourth innings in Asian conditions? Right? Considering the way saffers got destroyed in LOIs and conceded a pretty good lead even after batting first on a spin friendly wicket, its quite logical to assume that they would've surely struggled in that match but got away due to bad weather.

My problem is the way u r trying to discard that series. And about NZ series, I think if u have time u can watch the highlights of both the Pak-Nz, Bd-Nz series. I think u r intelligent enough to see which team performed better against NZ in NZ.

Don't know why r u bringing t20 reasults. I was solely talking about tests.
    Tests have nothing to do with ODIs. England get thrashed against Pakistan in Tests yet beat us everytime in ODIs in UAE. Pakistan were easily beaten by BD in ODIs yet beat them in Tests. The two have no correlation. An amateur fan can tell you that.

In the first Test, SA were 61/0, 9 runs behind BD with a full ten wickets in hand, the BD lead almost wiped out. The second Test was rained out. Absolutely no reason for anyone to consider they would have struggled. You have no data to back your theory up, other than delusions.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangla have outplayed Pakistan against NZ in NZ. Any sane person who've watched both the series will agree with me.
    Anyone who really thinks that Pakistan emerged with any kind of credit from the NZ tour only needs to be reminded of the spectacular loss of 9 wickets in the very last session of the last Test.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    939 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I think, Test & ODI will be much closer than what most predicting.

In ODI, PAK has improved lot from the team that lost 3-0, and it should improve further with Sarfu's Captaincy. While, even an average team with all 11 players reaching peak at one time can do miracles if couple of world class players back them - just like SRL won the WC, we had a purple patch in 2015, but maintaining that level is tough for any team. Still, it'll be very close ODI between PAK-BD, almost everywhere.

In Test, BD's batting is technically better that PAK & everyone is excellent spin player. Not sure why people are thinking in UAE roads PAK will take 20 wickets against this batting line up. I see it other way - on standard UAE roads, it'll take a collapse for us to lose 20 wickets - probably most Test will end in draws. On rank turners, the bowling gap reduces significantly because Sakib, Miraj, Taijul backed by Mustafiz on those wickets will trouble PAK equally, if not more. If all 3 Tests brings result in 4 days, it won't be 3-0 PAK for sure, could be even 2-1 for BD. Only wicket where PAK has a significant advantage is the type of wicket none of PCB farmers has any clue of how to prepare - PAK will run through BD on the wicket that IND-PAK Asia Cup T20 was played, but it's 3 clouds above Aga Zahid's level & it's not possible to prepare in UAE either. May be, PAK'll clean sweep in Test series only in UK.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Anyone who really thinks that Pakistan emerged with any kind of credit from the NZ tour only needs to be reminded of the spectacular loss of 9 wickets in the very last session of the last Test.
    Sometimes, you need to watch the actual match before posting about things you do not know.

Those 2 series were played in completely different conditions. There was no 400+ score in Pak-NZ series. The first test in Bang-NZ series produced 2 500+ scores.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

But Pakistan and Bangladesh are not playing in NZ.

By this logic, Pakistan has outplayed India in England. Does, that make them a better test team?

There is no need for any indirect comparison when the two teams have faced off in a test series recently which Pakistan won. Everything else is irrelevant.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    Sometimes, you need to watch the actual match before posting about things you do not know.

Those 2 series were played in completely different conditions. There was no 400+ score in Pak-NZ series. The first test in Bang-NZ series produced 2 500+ scores.
    No, "conditions" are never an excuse for losing 9 wickets in 25.1 overs for 72 runs, especially when the opposing team has scored 313/5d in the previous innings.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No, "conditions" are never an excuse for losing 9 wickets in 25.1 overs for 72 runs, especially when the opposing team has scored 313/5d in the previous innings.
    There is no excuse and I am not making one. It was horrible performance by Pakistan but the problem is that Bangladesh did not set the world on fire either.

Lost 9 wickets for 110 runs in the 1st test
    Lost 9 wickets for 115 runs in the 2nd test

Both resulted in defeats, specially the first test in which both teams posted 500+ scores in their first inning.

That is why I said, you should watch the match first before talking about it.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Neither Pakistan nor Bangladesh came out with any credit, was my point.

BD, aside from one innings, barely made over 150 runs. While Pakistan bowled well and kept NZ under 300 twice which BD never did. The winning margins from NZ in both matches was similar. Despite Pakistan's horrid collapse. To extrapolate from this and say BD ''thoroughly outperformed Pak'' is blind hatred, which is to be expected from our dear neighbors.

Even then, both have no correlation with Pakistan vs BD one-on-one directly. The last time Pak/BD played Pakistan won the Test series.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Even then, both have no correlation with Pakistan vs BD one-on-one directly. The last time Pak/BD played Pakistan won the Test series.
    Since that loss, Bang has beaten England at home and SL away. I think they are a rapidly improving team.

Debut
    May 2006
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to be forgetting (or are you?) that Pakistan was trying to chase down the target and hence lost all those wickets.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Since that loss, Bang has beaten England at home and SL away. I think they are a rapidly improving team.
    ...and which noone has denied, even then the series against England was 1-1, while Pakistan literally has months ago drawn 2-2 away from home against the same team. They are a rapidly improving team but Pakistan would still beat them home and away. It'd be close though than last time.

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsan17 View Post
    You seem to be forgetting (or are you?) that Pakistan was trying to chase down the target and hence lost all those wickets.
    India was bundled out for 107 after Australia had posted almost 300. These things happen in Cricket. If Pakistan had a terrible session, it does not mean that they are terrible test team. It is even childish to use it as an argument to prove that Bangladesh is a better test team or has better chances of beating Pakistan in a test series.

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tests have nothing to do with ODIs. England get thrashed against Pakistan in Tests yet beat us everytime in ODIs in UAE. Pakistan were easily beaten by BD in ODIs yet beat them in Tests. The two have no correlation. An amateur fan can tell you that.

In the first Test, SA were 61/0, 9 runs behind BD with a full ten wickets in hand, the BD lead almost wiped out. The second Test was rained out. Absolutely no reason for anyone to consider they would have struggled. You have no data to back your theory up, other than delusions.

Again u r showing ur desparation by not considering the context bro. Just because saffers were 61/0 u decided to jump to the conclusion without giving it a thought.

Allow me to clarify it. Even in the first innings when saffers got bowled out for a score around 240 they had a decent opening partnership of 50 plus. Second wicket partnership was even better, it was 70 plus.

Still they couldn't go past 240 in the first innings. Do u know why? It's because south African batters really struggled in that series due to the slow nature of Bangla wicket. They did well when the ball was hard and new ( their decent first and second wicket partnership suggests that).

But the moment ball lost it's hardness and pitch lost its initial pace, it became a nightmare for the saffers. That's why in the first innings from 136/2 they got all out before 240.

If the match hadn't got interrupted, saffers definitely would've followed the trend and would've got out with a subpar total.

Now, to make everything nice and clear, the only reason I've bothered to mention these is because u were quick to disregard Bangla's test performance against saffers and sounded as if Bangla would've lost the match if the match hadn't been interrupted when the reality is exactly the opposite

Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx for making this excellent point. I don't think I need to expand it any further. U've summed it up really well with this fantastic post.