Instagram


Indoor Big Bash

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 81 to 105 of 105
  1. #81
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,966
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geraltofrivia View Post
    Those stats are a lie.

    Yasir's overall average is 31.51. His overseas average is 37.88.
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...;type=allround

    Ashwin's overall average is 25.18. His overseas average is 33.23.
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...;type=allround
    Those stats not a lie just because you can't properly read and understand my post. Let me make it easier for you.

    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...iew=cumulative

    After the end of 4th test in Australia, Ashwin had played 24 tests and averaged 30.67.

  2. #82
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,966
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    What a clever manipulation of stats. What does this "after" overseas tours even imply? Ashwin for example has played twice as many matches in Australia... had Yasir played as many, his average would be 40+ today.

    Here's a better way to look at it -

    Yasir's average after 1/3 of his matches overseas - 31.51

    Ashwin's average after 1/3 of his matches overseas - 24.29 (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling)
    There is no manipulation of stats. After overseas tours, Ashwin averaged 30, Yasir averages 31. Ashwin then went on to play almost all of the games on rank turners in Asia and lowered his average to 25. Yasir is yet to play in Asia after overseas tours. If he bowls rubbish like he did in Australia then I will have no problem if someone calls him mediocre. However, if he bullies teams on spinning tracks and lowers his average to 25, will you have the capability to give him any credit like Ashwin?

  3. #83
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,966
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Seems like everyone is reciting from the same script so instead of quoting everyone and repeating myself, I will just add my two cents here and address most of the points from my perspective.

    Yasir did well in England, was good in two matches and dreadful in two, but he was completely exposed in Australia and that is what I feared when he was running through teams in UAE and Sri Lanka. It is normal for a spinner to not take wickets when there is no assistance, but he got smashed like no tomorrow - he got the Imran Tahir treatment.

    The sign of a top quality spinner is his ability to bowl both aggressively and defensively, and Yasir is clueless when it comes to the latter. He looks great when his tail is up and he is taking wickets, but he turns into a kitten when the batsmen take him on. He simply cannot contain, which is a big problem, and puts extra pressure on the other bowlers because it allows the batsmen to settle. However, when you bowl tight spells, you don't allow the batsmen to settle and other bowlers can capitalize. Ashwin though, can do both. He is both aggressive and defensive, which means that even when he is not taking wickets, he doesn't get smashed.

    It is true that Ashwin doesn't have any match-winning performances overseas yet, but he will get another shot in England soon. However, he has outperformed Yasir everywhere else where both have played, and now Yasir will get a chance to match him in the WI. Yasir was ahead of Ashwin before the Australian tour, but that is where the wheels came off. Let alone Ashwin, he is not even better than Jadeja. It is time we stop thumping our chests after the way he got exposed in Australia.

    All this talk of Ashwin getting out-bowled by Lyon and O'Keefe etc. does not mean much. In the UAE, Bishoo matched Yasir blow for blow, and he was supposedly bowling to the 'best spin playing team in the world', a myth that is peddled around on PP, even though I have lost count of the number of spinners who have pulled the rug underneath our feet in the last few years. Not to mention this whole talk of Ashwin getting dropped in SA is pointless as well, when Yasir himself got chopped in NZ. I am not interested in the excuse that it was a tactical change. The fact is that the management did not have faith in him bowling economically, and thus dropped him.

    Nonetheless, I'm simply flogging a dead horse here. It is a proven fact that Pakistani fans are the most delusional in the world. Almost every Pakistani player is better than their Indian counterpart in their opinion but somehow, India continues to outperform Pakistan in all formats. Enough of the fluke 2-2 series in England, where we played in late summer and got dry pitches, and England had a unsettled top-order of Hales, Vince and Ballance, while Anderson and Stokes were nursing injuries. Anderson was below his best because of his shoulder injury prior to the first Test, and Stokes only played 1 match. Anderson was in imperious form vs SL but his pace and swing was down vs Pakistan, and it is not just the conditions because if Woakes could swing the ball, so could Anderson. However, he wasn't at his best. It was a one-off performance and India have outperformed us on their overseas tours apart from that, so it simply shows that India is a better Test team than Pakistan, which is also true when you compare them man to man.

    That is all I have to say on this issue. Now I will let some folks continue to live in a parallel world where the overweight Shah is better than Ashwin.
    In his 6 series in India, Ponting averaged 13, 21, 3, 11, 38, and 56. Did anybody call him mediocre? Your whole argument is based on one bad series for Yasir which is absurd.

    What does India being a better test team than Pakistan has to do with this thread? Who is denying that? If team A is better than team B, then does it mean that every member of team A is better than team B?

    Pakistan has beaten England in England while England has not won single test outside home against Pakistan since 2000, despite playing 3 full series. So no matter, how you many excuses you come up with, Pakistan beat England fair and square in their own backyard with UAE Khan and overweight Yasir Shah.

  4. #84
    Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    14,426
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Odd_One View Post
    In his 6 series in India, Ponting averaged 13, 21, 3, 11, 38, and 56. Did anybody call him mediocre?
    Yes - Ponting and Warne were acknowledged to be quite poor in Indian conditions. Warne against India in Australia as well.

  5. #85
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,966
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varun View Post
    Yes - Ponting and Warne were acknowledged to be quite poor in Indian conditions. Warne against India in Australia as well.
    "In Indian conditions" is the key here but did anybody in their right mind call Ponting an overall mediocre batsman?

  6. #86
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,409
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Time will continue to shatter all myths. A reckoning is approaching India later this year: A resurgent South Africa, still aching from being screwed in 2015 and looking to get back to the top. We'll see how the Indian Ponting, Bowling Bradman,"Jinks" and the 2 Fast 2 Furious duo of Umesh and Ishant like the safari.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  7. #87
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    646
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot of arguments on here . .

    My two cents:

    1.) Anything who thinks Yasir Shah or Ashwin for that matter are mediocre/not good (whatever word you want to use) is just plain and simple - unfair! They are both absolutely brilliant bowlers who have won many many matches for their respective countries . .

    2.) For anyone who thinks someone like a Shadab will out perform Yasir in Tests again clearly needs to understand Test cricket better . . Bowlers who rely on variations primarily to succeed are not successful in test cricket!! Mystery, trickery are important weapons in LOI . . for test cricket, you need to have a great stock ball which you can deliver ball after ball at the same spot consistently . . Ashwin is one of the best examples of this when he tried way too many tricks in the beginning of his career from his action, to the carrom ball, to other tricks . . and then HE STOPPED! He developed this beautiful conventional off spinner with loop, drift, revs, landing them perfectly and he started seeing results . . and it's the same with Yasir Shah . . yes, Yasir doesn't have the best variations but he does have a very very good stock ball which has made him so successful . .

    3.) For anyone even thinking labeling Yasir Shah as mediocre is absolutely ridiculous . . The guy just became 2nd fastest to 100 wickets in the HISTORY of test cricket . . Guys!! Mediocre bowlers don't do that!! this is 130+ years of cricket we are talking about . . i dont care where he has played . . it is an unbelievable accomplishment! Please be fair in your criticism . . and then you'd argue that most of his wickets are in Asia . . yes they are! however, by that same logic . . over 80% of Ashwin's wickets are in Asia

    4.) Let's look deeper into Ashwin's numbers . .
    a.) Ashwin has 75% of wickets in INdia (204/271)
    b.) Ashwin has 85% of wickets in Asia (230/271)
    c.) Out of Ashwin's remaining 41 wickets, 17 are against WI in 4 test matches
    d.) The remaining 24 wickets have come in 9 test matches in Aus, Eng and SA
    e.) Conclusion: Ashwin has won India many games in Asia and he won them games in the Windies

    5.) Yasir Shah has won many a games for Pakistan in Asia and Yasir Shah won 2 games for you in England . . the only 2 that Pakistan won in England!

    6.) Ashwin has visited Australia 2 times . . the second time he visited, he was markedly better than the first . . anyone gonna refute that?! Every cricketer goes through a serious learning . . Historically, Australia has been one of the toughest places to visit for any spin bowler . .

    7.) Yes, granted Yasir Shah was not good in Australia and he will be the first to admit that . . however, this was his first tour there . . it takes time . . learning is a process . . no one can continue taking 100 wickets in 16 test matches . . the guy is a gem!

    Overall, please learn to respect . . especially respect those who have won you many matches . . there is no bowler ever who has dominated every match/series that he has played . . or batsman for that matter . . Yasir has done A LOT for him to claim one of the best in the world status . . one series DOES NOT change that . .

    Both Ashwin and Yasir are class bowlers in test match cricket!! Ashwin isn't having the best series against australia right now . . doens't make him bad! although im sure many of the same people would be saying . . oh look! he isn't doing well in india now . . so he sucks! thats just terribly unfair!

  8. #88
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    646
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NauV View Post
    There's a lot of arguments on here . .

    My two cents:

    1.) Anything who thinks Yasir Shah or Ashwin for that matter are mediocre/not good (whatever word you want to use) is just plain and simple - unfair! They are both absolutely brilliant bowlers who have won many many matches for their respective countries . .

    2.) For anyone who thinks someone like a Shadab will out perform Yasir in Tests again clearly needs to understand Test cricket better . . Bowlers who rely on variations primarily to succeed are not successful in test cricket!! Mystery, trickery are important weapons in LOI . . for test cricket, you need to have a great stock ball which you can deliver ball after ball at the same spot consistently . . Ashwin is one of the best examples of this when he tried way too many tricks in the beginning of his career from his action, to the carrom ball, to other tricks . . and then HE STOPPED! He developed this beautiful conventional off spinner with loop, drift, revs, landing them perfectly and he started seeing results . . and it's the same with Yasir Shah . . yes, Yasir doesn't have the best variations but he does have a very very good stock ball which has made him so successful . .

    3.) For anyone even thinking labeling Yasir Shah as mediocre is absolutely ridiculous . . The guy just became 2nd fastest to 100 wickets in the HISTORY of test cricket . . Guys!! Mediocre bowlers don't do that!! this is 130+ years of cricket we are talking about . . i dont care where he has played . . it is an unbelievable accomplishment! Please be fair in your criticism . . and then you'd argue that most of his wickets are in Asia . . yes they are! however, by that same logic . . over 80% of Ashwin's wickets are in Asia

    4.) Let's look deeper into Ashwin's numbers . .
    a.) Ashwin has 75% of wickets in INdia (204/271)
    b.) Ashwin has 85% of wickets in Asia (230/271)
    c.) Out of Ashwin's remaining 41 wickets, 17 are against WI in 4 test matches
    d.) The remaining 24 wickets have come in 9 test matches in Aus, Eng and SA
    e.) Conclusion: Ashwin has won India many games in Asia and he won them games in the Windies

    5.) Yasir Shah has won many a games for Pakistan in Asia and Yasir Shah won 2 games for you in England . . the only 2 that Pakistan won in England!

    6.) Ashwin has visited Australia 2 times . . the second time he visited, he was markedly better than the first . . anyone gonna refute that?! Every cricketer goes through a serious learning . . Historically, Australia has been one of the toughest places to visit for any spin bowler . .

    7.) Yes, granted Yasir Shah was not good in Australia and he will be the first to admit that . . however, this was his first tour there . . it takes time . . learning is a process . . no one can continue taking 100 wickets in 16 test matches . . the guy is a gem!

    Overall, please learn to respect . . especially respect those who have won you many matches . . there is no bowler ever who has dominated every match/series that he has played . . or batsman for that matter . . Yasir has done A LOT for him to claim one of the best in the world status . . one series DOES NOT change that . .

    Both Ashwin and Yasir are class bowlers in test match cricket!! Ashwin isn't having the best series against australia right now . . doens't make him bad! although im sure many of the same people would be saying . . oh look! he isn't doing well in india now . . so he sucks! thats just terribly unfair!
    Let me also add a number 8 and 9 to it . .

    8.) Please measure cricketers in the percentage of matches that they've had an impact at and won games for their countries . . Yasir Shah has had a major major impact in 80% of matches that he has played for his country and perhaps even won most of them single handedly . . similarly, Ravi Ashwin has had a major impact on most of the matches that he has played and won games for his country . . that alone makes them both absolutely wonderful cricketers . .

    9.) Those commenting on Yasir Shah and his fitness . . you're just being petty . . personal prejudice clouds objectivity . . he is one of the most agile fielders in the team if not the most agile . . he is one of the best fielders if not the best . . he is one of the fittest . . . because we're comparing him to ashwin in this thread . . there is no comparison on their ability as a fielder . . yasir shah is miles ahead . .

  9. #89
    Debut
    Dec 2015
    Runs
    4,966
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Mediocre Yasir on the verge of winning another test for Pakistan.

  10. #90
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,374
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shah wipes the floor with Ashwin.


    Inzi is the best selector in the world

  11. #91
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,507
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Technically, Caribbean is overseas but it is paradise for the spinners. It is no surprise that both Ashwin and Yasir made merry on those pitches. Yasir got badly exposed in Australia and proved that he is not good enough for traditional overseas pitches. He looks lost without wickets and gets hammered. He was mercilessly thrashed like Imran Tahir few years back. Ashwin however, showed more control and was able to keep the Australian batsmen in check.

    However, Yasir has two match-winning performances in England and Ashwin will have to match his good spells provided that he gets similar pitches to Lords and Oval next year. At the moment, I would rank Jadeja and Ashwin as the top two followed by Yasir at three. Jadeja is bowling at an incredible level and there is magic in his bowling that reminds of Saqlain. Absolutely love watching him bowl these days, he has come a long way over the last couple of years.

    Yasir at his best is pretty good, but at his worst, he is a liability because he cannot control the run rate. The biggest litmus test of a top class spinner is not how much hay he makes when the sun shines, but whether he is good enough to limit the damage when the sun is not shining. So far, Yasir has failed that test miserably, both in England (Old Trafford, Edgbaston) and in Australia.

    Another problem with Yasir is his dodgy fitness. He is overweight and like other Pakistani spinners, he might fail the longevity test.

  12. #92
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir has already done better than Ashwin in Sri Lanka and England. And now he has done better than him in West Indies too.


    Now that you feel it, you don't

  13. #93
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    26,409
    Mentioned
    787 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah is easily the better spinner. Able to win Pakistan matches in and out of Asia while Ashwin has absolutely zero impact outside his comfort zone. You don't want your lead spinner to bowl defensively and do damage control, you want him to get wickets and Ashwin is not capable of doing so overseas.

    Yasir is the best test spinner in the world and Tahir is the best LOI spinner in the world. No question about that.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  14. #94
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol.. the same posters hailing Yasir's performance here were the ones discrediting Ashwin for bashing minnows like WI.

  15. #95
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhalidRafi View Post
    Yasir has already done better than Ashwin in Sri Lanka and England. And now he has done better than him in West Indies too.
    Strange you say that because in Sri Lanka Ashwin took 20 wickets @18.

    Speaking of England, Ashwin hardly bowled in that country. Also, Yasir only did well on helpful pitches. Outside of that, he averaged 200+ per wicket (just like he did in NZ and Aus).

    Fact is, Yasir averages much much higher than Ashwin in every single country, and that is for a reason.

  16. #96
    Debut
    Feb 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    5,744
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Technically, Caribbean is overseas but it is paradise for the spinners. It is no surprise that both Ashwin and Yasir made merry on those pitches. Yasir got badly exposed in Australia and proved that he is not good enough for traditional overseas pitches. He looks lost without wickets and gets hammered. He was mercilessly thrashed like Imran Tahir few years back. Ashwin however, showed more control and was able to keep the Australian batsmen in check.

    However, Yasir has two match-winning performances in England and Ashwin will have to match his good spells provided that he gets similar pitches to Lords and Oval next year. At the moment, I would rank Jadeja and Ashwin as the top two followed by Yasir at three. Jadeja is bowling at an incredible level and there is magic in his bowling that reminds of Saqlain. Absolutely love watching him bowl these days, he has come a long way over the last couple of years.

    Yasir at his best is pretty good, but at his worst, he is a liability because he cannot control the run rate. The biggest litmus test of a top class spinner is not how much hay he makes when the sun shines, but whether he is good enough to limit the damage when the sun is not shining. So far, Yasir has failed that test miserably, both in England (Old Trafford, Edgbaston) and in Australia.

    Another problem with Yasir is his dodgy fitness. He is overweight and like other Pakistani spinners, he might fail the longevity test.

    I am sorry but you have nothing better to do than trolling with your rubbish arguments, Ashwin is an off spinner and Yasir a leg spinner. Leg spinners are prone to go for runs their main aim is to get wickets as art of leg spin is far suprior than one off off break. Off break traditionally used as containing bowlers but sometimes as a weapon.

    If you want to really make a comparison of Yasir and than make it with Amit Mishra, Imran Tahir, Shadab and Bishoo. They are all leg spinners and we know how has the suprior record in tests.


    Rudi is a useless umpire get rid off him plzzzzz.

  17. #97
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Strange you say that because in Sri Lanka Ashwin took 20 wickets @18.

    Speaking of England, Ashwin hardly bowled in that country. Also, Yasir only did well on helpful pitches. Outside of that, he averaged 200+ per wicket (just like he did in NZ and Aus).

    Fact is, Yasir averages much much higher than Ashwin in every single country, and that is for a reason.
    Their averages in SL are nearly the same. Yasir averages 19 but he has 24 wickets and for me that makes him more successful in SL.


    Now that you feel it, you don't

  18. #98
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,831
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yasir shah will have more wickets than ashwin in w.i
    Ashwin took 17 wicket in 4 test
    While yasir shah have 16 wicket already in just 2 test

  19. #99
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed5646 View Post
    Yasir shah will have more wickets than ashwin in w.i
    Ashwin took 17 wicket in 4 test
    While yasir shah have 16 wicket already in just 2 test
    4th Test had all 5 days washed out. But I bet you already knew that.

  20. #100
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    23,374
    Mentioned
    878 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol there are still people out there who think Ashwin is better than Shah.

  21. #101
    Debut
    Sep 2015
    Venue
    haripur
    Runs
    2,831
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    4th Test had all 5 days washed out. But I bet you already knew that.
    No i did not know about it but still yasir will get more wicket than ashwin in 3 test

  22. #102
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    493
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Strange you say that because in Sri Lanka Ashwin took 20 wickets @18.

    Speaking of England, Ashwin hardly bowled in that country. Also, Yasir only did well on helpful pitches. Outside of that, he averaged 200+ per wicket (just like he did in NZ and Aus).

    Fact is, Yasir averages much much higher than Ashwin in every single country, and that is for a reason.
    First off, their averages overseas are nearly the same. Ashwin averages 33 in 17, whereas, Yasir averages 34 in 15. It's also worth noting that Yasir has 10 more wickets in the same amount of innings (29) both have bowled in.

    Secondly, That's a really strange defense. The pitches in England were occasionally helpful. The pitches at Old Trafford and Edgbaston weren't helpful at all. And if you really wanna talk about helpful pitches than you should start with the rank turners Ashwin bowls on that offer him ALOT of help.

    Their averages in countries abroad are neither neck and neck or Yasir is higher. Australia is the only country where Ashwin was far better than Yasir. Whereas Yasir has better averages in West Indies and England.
    Last edited by KhalidRafi; 4th May 2017 at 12:29.


    Now that you feel it, you don't

  23. #103
    Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    4,919
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KhalidRafi View Post
    First off, their averages overseas are nearly the same. Ashwin averages 33 in 17, whereas, Yasir averages 34 in 15. It's also worth noting that Yasir has 10 more wickets in the same amount of innings (29) both have bowled in.

    Secondly, That's a really strange defense. Yasir only played one test match in New Zealand too. And the pitches in England were occasionally helpful. The pitches at Old Trafford and Edgbaston weren't helpful at all. And if you really wanna talk about helpful pitches than you should start with the rank turners Ashwin bowls on that offer him ALOT of help.

    Their averages in countries abroad are neither neck and neck or Yasir is higher. Australia is the only country where Ashwin was far better than Yasir. Whereas Yasir has better averages in West Indies and England.
    Check your facts again. Also you are probaby right about Yasir's NZ sample not being enough, but so is the case when we talk about Ashwin in England or SA. For some reason, people tend not to see that before passing a totally biased judgement.

  24. #104
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    20,738
    Mentioned
    4076 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Indians were getting ready to gloat about Ashwins stats in the West Indies sorry guys, allah ni marzi


    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  25. #105
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    69,507
    Mentioned
    3751 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi hater View Post
    I am sorry but you have nothing better to do than trolling with your rubbish arguments, Ashwin is an off spinner and Yasir a leg spinner. Leg spinners are prone to go for runs their main aim is to get wickets as art of leg spin is far suprior than one off off break. Off break traditionally used as containing bowlers but sometimes as a weapon.

    If you want to really make a comparison of Yasir and than make it with Amit Mishra, Imran Tahir, Shadab and Bishoo. They are all leg spinners and we know how has the suprior record in tests.
    You don't have to tell me that a leg-spinner is prone to conceding more runs. However, it doesn't justify going at 7+ per over when the conditions don't suit you. Even Azhar looked more threatening with his part-time leg-spin. Yasir looks lost when the batsmen attack him, which is why he has flopped in Limited Overs. Forgive me for not jumping up and down over him taking wickets on the ideal Caribbean pitches after the way Australia pulled his pants down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •